PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Sign Keyon Dooling

TheBomb255
07-19-2010, 09:40 PM
John Hammond and the Milwaukee Bucks are not done dealing.

The team is currently in negotiations, according to Journal Sentinel sources, with free-agent point guard Keyon Dooling, 30, formerly of the New Jersey Nets, on a two-year deal that will make him the backup to Brandon Jennings.

That deal should be announced later this evening.

Dooling, a 10-year veteran who has played with the Los Angeles Clippers, Miami and Orlando over his career, before spending the last two years with New Jersey, is a proven scorer who has averaged a little over seven points per game in 595 NBA games.

With Luke Ridnour opting to sign for more money with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Hammond, the teamís general manager, was searching for a solid player to play behind Jennings and found his man in the 6-foot-3, 195-pound Dooling.

Earlier this afternoon, the Bucks, again according to sources, agreed to a sign-and-trade deal with the Sacramento Kings to send Darnell Jackson out West, along with a future second-round pick, for power forward Jon Brockman.

Brockman, 23, averaged 2.8 points and 4.1 rebounds in 52 games last season with the Kings. The 24-year-old Jackson was with Cleveland last year before finishing the season with the Bucks.

URL: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/98786574.html

Bucks Roster Now:

PG: Jennings/Dooling
SG: Salmons/CDR/Redd
SF: Delfino/Maggette/Moute/Hobson
PF: Gooden/Sanders/Ilyasova/Brockman/Gallon
C: Bogut

That team is DEEP.

zambo4president
07-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Damn Keyon Dooling's actually pretty solid

still1ballin
07-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Solid pickup. They are definitely a sleeper in the east.

lakers4sho
07-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Too many forwards. Better hope some of those PFs can slide to the C position. Don't know about Bogut's health at this point.

BigDiazDizzle
07-19-2010, 09:46 PM
I love what Hammond has done with this team. We don't have a superstar player YET (Jennings could become that eventually), so if this team is going to make a deep playoff run it's going to be because of their depth.

TheBomb255
07-19-2010, 09:47 PM
I don't think Hammond is done yet. I see Ersan/Redd/Delfino and picks being traded for an upgrade at SF.

Granger would be a perfect trade option, and Bird might be interested with Redd's contract coming off the books next season.

Jennings/Salmons/Granger/Gooden/Bogut with a bench of Dooling/CDR/Maggette/Sanders/Brockman

That would be one hell of a team.

HouRealCoach
07-19-2010, 09:49 PM
^^^Give Bogut and Jennings three years and they will be the best Center/PG Combo in the NBA

ClayMatthews
07-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Too many forwards. Better hope some of those PFs can slide to the C position. Don't know about Bogut's health at this point.

Gooden will get some minutes at Center.

show34
07-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Good for keon he is solid and never here bout him in trouble good for him

hgtiger32
07-19-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't think Hammond is done yet. I see Ersan/Redd/Delfino and picks being traded for an upgrade at SF.
Granger would be a perfect trade option, and Bird might be interested with Redd's contract coming off the books next season.

Jennings/Salmons/Granger/Gooden/Bogut with a bench of Dooling/CDR/Maggette/Sanders/Brockman

That would be one hell of a team.

I think that they are about done making moves...until the trade deadline theres a possibility they move Redd but at this point id rather have him expire so we have money to spend on diff. players and retaining our own players

Sixerlover
07-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Guess those guys on ESPN were wrong when they were talking all of that "warm climate" stuff to Keyon a couple days ago...

But it's time for them to try and deal some quantity for quality.

Redd's contract + Moute + Gallon + 2011 1st (top 10 protected) for a upgraded SF or PF

jay87shot
07-19-2010, 10:16 PM
The bucks would be sick if they added Granger. Don't think Redd gets traded til the deadline but I could see redd and granger in a McGrady/Martinesqe trade.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-19-2010, 10:18 PM
I think Gooden is gonna lineup as backup center so it will look like this:

Jennings/Dooling
Salmons/CDR/Redd
Maggette/Mbah a Moute/Delfino
Illyasova/Sanders/Brockman
Bogut/Gooden

Ima go out on a limb and say the Bucks are better than the Bulls.

Bring it Bulls fans :cool:

TheBomb255
07-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I just think something's up and a deal for a very good SF may be near. The PF spot is WAY overcrowded now. Bucks have Ersan, Gooden, Moute, Brockman, and Sanders all at the PF spot. Sure they could have Gooden backup C, but do you think they would spend 32 million on a backup C? I doubt that. Like I said before, Redd's contract is going to be VERY valuable to teams who are wanting to get rid of some cap space. Plus the Bucks can add in Ersan to a trade, plus Carlos Delfino. Two quality players, get rid of cap space, and the Bucks would add an upgrade at SF, while getting the rotational players set.

If the Bucks can add Granger, I really do think they could be a #2 or #3 seed in the East.

x23cbru24x
07-19-2010, 10:28 PM
idkk y anyone would sign him hes garbage

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I just think something's up and a deal for a very good SF may be near. The PF spot is WAY overcrowded now. Bucks have Ersan, Gooden, Moute, Brockman, and Sanders all at the PF spot. Sure they could have Gooden backup C, but do you think they would spend 32 million on a backup C? I doubt that. Like I said before, Redd's contract is going to be VERY valuable to teams who are wanting to get rid of some cap space. Plus the Bucks can add in Ersan to a trade, plus Carlos Delfino. Two quality players, get rid of cap space, and the Bucks would add an upgrade at SF, while getting the rotational players set.

If the Bucks can add Granger, I really do think they could be a #2 or #3 seed in the East.

Youre prolly right. Gooden will most likely start, but he wil also backup Bogut and Illyasova and Sanders play PF. Regardless that amazing depth and everyone they have is a decent to good player.

Btw so the Bucks officially have Gallon and hobson?

TheBomb255
07-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah. Gallon will probably be in the D-League to start the year. Hobson will probably be the 3rd string PG.

Gallon has some potential, but the Bucks front court is way to deep right now.

BTW, Brockman and CDR are going to be potential steals. The Bucks acquired those two for 2 2nd round picks.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-19-2010, 10:35 PM
CDR is a giant steal. That guy can fill it up and is really long. Hes gonna be good.

TheBomb255
07-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I mean, just look at CDR and his point totals in the first part of the season (before they fired their coach)

In Nov. they had 5 games where he scored more then 20 points, including 31 vs the Bucks, and 27 vs the Pacers. In Dec. he had the same success. He should get at least 20 mins as the backup SG though.