PDA

View Full Version : The NBA just isn't competitive anymore and it's a shame

Kiss Ma Grits
07-19-2010, 04:35 PM
What ever happened to "To be the best you have to beat the best"??? In the nba, I've seen guys take $5million more to play with a ceiler team rather then take $5 million less to play with a team who's one piece away. Now I'm seeing SUPERSTARS teaming up with each other and other ones talking about creating their own superteam??? It's like, damn new generation if that's your definition of being competitive, if THAT'S what you guys learned from observing greatness become great then you're SADLY mistaken. Never and I mean NEVER have a witnessed great teams put together based on free agency alone. I keep hearing people talk about how magic had this, or jordan had that, and bird had thsi but those guys were drafted to teams who were god aweful at the time and those teams built around them by a combination of draft/f.a. signing or f.a. signing/trade or a combination of all three draft/free agents and trades. If you remember, JORDAN hung around until Chicago drafted pippen, then they signed other players from free agency or trades. Look what Boston did a couple of years ago, they had Pierce and trade pieces for YEARS and they finally made a trade that turned their franchise around by trading for Kevin Garnett and then they signed Ray Allen. It wasn't like these guys all joined the celtics in any comspiracy. Since when does rings solidify your legacy? Robert Horry has a ton of them and he's not even talked about as one of the greatest all 50 players even WITH him hitting big shots to win games. Heck, Dan Marino is more loved the Robert Horry and Dan doesn't have one championship, but he has the competitive heart of a champion. If that isn't what we want our children to understand then what do we want them to learn?

zambo4president
07-19-2010, 04:42 PM
:laugh2: When you switch to caps are you yelling?

SupeUnagi
07-19-2010, 04:43 PM
sup, dan

maybe you should watch soccer instead of basketball. it's sad that the nba had to lose one of its billions of viewers, but we'll find a way to live

mikealike305
07-19-2010, 04:45 PM
heat did that, we were bad, draftd wade then built around him, plus people keep saying wheres the compitition? hey... did u guys forget about L.A? did u ever stop to think maybe the reason lebron came to miami cuz he knew being here would give him the best shot to COMPETE with the lakers?

RocketPower2010
07-19-2010, 04:48 PM
why are you yelling at us?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-19-2010, 04:50 PM
blame LeBron

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-19-2010, 04:51 PM
heat did that, we were bad, draftd wade then built around him, plus people keep saying wheres the compitition? hey... did u guys forget about L.A? did u ever stop to think maybe the reason lebron came to miami cuz he knew being here would give him the best shot to COMPETE with the lakers?

Of course it would be the best shot to compete with the lakers!

But he is not the man anymore he's a ring chaser.

azkarraga
07-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Get over it

t_money25
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Sig bet this turns into another "Hate Lebron thread"?

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
In the future, every great player will play for every team and every team will receive a larry o'brien trophy that same year.

Will everyone be happy then?

SupeUnagi
07-19-2010, 04:54 PM

doubtful. this guy just went overboard with the crying

gbpackers12
07-19-2010, 04:56 PM

doubtful. this guy just went overboard with the crying

I hate Lebron.

t_money25
07-19-2010, 04:59 PM
I hate Lebron.

What else is new?

SupeUnagi
07-19-2010, 05:00 PM
i hate lebron.

dammit

thesparky33
So there are those who say "THE NBA IS NO LONGER FAIR!!!!! THE COMPETITIVENESS IS GONE!!!!"

So does that mean that Miami will win 6 straight titles? Because that's what that is implying.

But then you have those that say "THESE GUYS ARE FOOLS, AND IT WILL NEVER WORK, BECAUSE THEY ALL NEED THE BALL IN THEIR HANDS. THERE IS ONLY ONE BASKETBALL".

What that says is that they dont think they'll be good enough. So in that sense, the NBA lost no amount of competitiveness.

Sounds like a bunch of bitter fans to me. Whatever excuse you have to make is fine with me.

VinceCarter
In the future, every great player will play for every team and every team will receive a larry o'brien trophy that same year.

Will everyone be happy then?

:pity:

Giantwarrior
07-19-2010, 05:01 PM
who cares. i bet all of you are still watching the games. if you dont like the NBA dont watch, to buy team gear, and dont go to the games.

mikealike305
07-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Of course it would be the best shot to compete with the lakers!

But he is not the man anymore he's a ring chaser.

is that why people hate him? cuz he is not "the man" who cares? who cares if hes "the man" if he cant even beat the lakers or boston by being "the man"

t_money25
07-19-2010, 05:04 PM
So there are those who say "THE NBA IS NO LONGER FAIR!!!!! THE COMPETITIVENESS IS GONE!!!!"

So does that mean that Miami will win 6 straight titles? Because that's what that is implying.

But then you have those that say "THESE GUYS ARE FOOLS, AND IT WILL NEVER WORK, BECAUSE THEY ALL NEED THE BALL IN THEIR HANDS. THERE IS ONLY ONE BASKETBALL".

What that says is that they dont think they'll be good enough. So in that sense, the NBA lost no amount of competitiveness.

Sounds like a bunch of bitter fans to me. Whatever excuse you have to make is fine with me.

I second that!!!

Kiss Ma Grits
07-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Get over it
Oh I'm over it, I just spend my money on the nfl. It's not just about what Lebron or Bosh did, because this lack of competitiveness has been going on for far longer then this summer. It's just becoming more evident that it's not about beating the best anymore. It's all about how much money can I get or how many rings can I get.

Reyes6
07-19-2010, 05:05 PM
I actually wish for more restrictions on referees. I was watching a video last night of old referees and what they thought of Referees today, and they said the way coaches fratenize with players and coaches is a disgrace.

Referees should be like Psychiatrists. Help make sure everything is going well, but never personally touch a player and they should keep a boundary at all times. If this happened, I doubt there would be so many "questionable" calls.

And I miss the phsyicalness of the game, I'd like to see a guy be able to touch a player without being called with a flagrant 2.