PDA

View Full Version : Wade's Moronic Comments.

B2theRY
07-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Dwyane Wade said in a recent interview, "If we [the Miami Heat] lose a couple in a row this season ... You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade [Center] is coming down again."
There is no proper context for a remark of such profound narcissism, but here is the full quote: "We're going to be wearing a bullseye. But that's what you play for. We enjoy the bullseye. Plus, there's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again, but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games." Fanhouse originally mis-reported Wade's quote, but if he wasn't wearing a bulls-eye before, he is now.
Source: Fanhouse.com

i found it off ROTO.

now i found it to be a moronic comment... I liked wade much better when he just shut up and played for an average basketball team you never heard from him...

Lord Leoshes
07-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Read the actual quot, & not the cheaply edited one before looking stupid.

J-Relo
07-19-2010, 02:05 PM
you wrote not the right quote?

Goalie31
07-19-2010, 02:06 PM
He apologized for it. Both comments are on ESPN

natelpete
07-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Here it is.. LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rjtleDGrDM)

mikealike305
07-19-2010, 02:08 PM
i think ppl take things way to personal, should he have said that? no, but all it is is a poor choice of words, not that big of a deal

awr0430
07-19-2010, 02:09 PM
How many people are gonna post this after every other one gets closed. get a life.

GSW Hoops
07-19-2010, 02:10 PM
i think ppl take things way to personal, should he have said that? no, but all it is is a poor choice of words, not that big of a deal

Yeah, he didn't mean to be offensive at all. When you give 10 interviews a day and you're speaking off the cuff, you're bound to say something that isn't politically correct eventually.

CityofTreez
Get over it already!

Chris Bosh left to win Championships!

madiaz3
Read the actual quot, & not the cheaply edited one before looking stupid.

Original Quote
"But that's what you play for. If we lose a couple in a row this season, it will be like the World Trade (Center) is coming down again.

New Quote
"Plus, there's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again"

Not much better. How again is anyone looking stupid but Wade here?

Kobe4Life
07-19-2010, 02:11 PM
And this is why Kobe and Michael will never be mentioned with these jokers in any sentence.

Illinirob83
lol Wade LBJ Riley can do no wrong as far as any of these pathetic bandwagon jumpers are concerned.

JonnyBrav000
His comment is stupid, just because you should never compare anything sports related to something this real and tragic. However he did apologize and he didn't mean any harm from it. Not a smart choice of words by Wade, but it's also not a big deal.

shep33
07-19-2010, 02:13 PM
He messed up, you shouldn't say that even today. But I read that he apologized for it somewhere I'll try and find the link.

Still he shouldn't of said it, but atleast he realized it was wrong and apologized for it.

awr0430
07-19-2010, 02:13 PM
And this is why Kobe and Michael will never be mentioned with these jokers in any sentence.

Yawn...this has nothing to do with Kobe or Michael.

J4KOP99
07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
When you have a microphone around you everytime you open your mouth you are bound to say something wrong...

Wade has a great track record and I doubt he meant to say these things. He has since apologized and this should be forgetten.

LeBron on the other hand... I could see him saying this, then being called out and still not changing the quote

king4day
07-19-2010, 02:16 PM
I love when NBA players saying things like this, "but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games"

whynotus
07-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Honestly how dumb could u be?!?!?!!

what a ****ing moron!

Still.I.Rise
07-19-2010, 02:21 PM
His comment is stupid, just because you should never compare anything sports related to something this real and tragic. However he did apologize and he didn't mean any harm from it. Not a smart choice of words by Wade, but it's also not a big deal.

couldn't have said it better myself

NeutralFan
07-19-2010, 02:21 PM
This thread will be closed. You cannot say anything negative about the 2 and a half kings...

HoopsDrive
07-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Honestly how dumb could u be?!?!?!!

what a ****ing moron!

Dumb enough to win millions of dollars playing a sport.

You people need to relax. He gave an interview and committed a gaffe and on top of all that he has apologized for it.

tangent12
07-19-2010, 02:24 PM
It doesn't matter if he was misquoted or not, it's still classless. But i'm not surprised because it's a classless statement by a classless and egocentric individual.

Gambeezy
07-19-2010, 02:25 PM

In a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the players or topic that you just mentioned, you still manage to fail. :facepalm:

Fanhouse apologized for misquoting Wade initially, but the media had already reacted to the misquoting. Now the corrected quote is still getting attention when really it wasn't that bad of a statement. Granted it wasn't the PC answer you would expect from a star that does countless interviews, but it wouldn't be getting this kind of attention if Fanhouse hadn't initially misquoted him (which generated the surge of interest).

kurivaimu
07-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Well what do you want from an ididot? I mean seriously, 90% of Nba players are uneducated morons. Im surprised these big superstars don't a people in their personell who writes their speeches or something (maybe they have, haven't heard about it). I mean, they definately get some media training but media training alone won't prevent a idiot speaking his mind all the time. Im just deepley saddened that these guys earn freaking 100 mil per 5 years. Its ridiculous. Lets give morons hundreds of millions an see what happens

J4KOP99
07-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Dumb enough to win millions of dollars playing a sport.

You people need to relax. He gave an interview and committed a gaffe and on top of all that he has apologized for it.

The second part I agree with... the first part, not so much.

So now we judge someone's intelligence by how much money they make? Not saying Dwayne Wade is dumb, I personally have no idea, but just because he has made millions of dollars playing a SPORT does not at all mean he is smart.

Do I need to go through a list of ****ing brain dead, ******** athletes that have made millions of dollars? We will be here all day.

awr0430
07-19-2010, 02:28 PM
In a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the players or topic that you just mentioned, you still manage to fail. :facepalm:

Fanhouse apologized for misquoting Wade initially, but the media had already reacted to the misquoting. Now the corrected quote is still getting attention when really it wasn't that bad of a statement. Granted it wasn't the PC answer you would expect from a star that does countless interviews, but it wouldn't be getting this kind of attention if Fanhouse hadn't initially misquoted him (which generated the surge of interest).

exactly

Duddy
07-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Everything one of the 3 says from now will be deeply analyzed until the media finds something that can be used against them...

USMCLaker
07-19-2010, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't call it moronic. He's a young guy that made foolish comments. Come on really this forum is filled with guys who either are or were young and can relate to making foolish mistakes.

magichatnumber9
07-19-2010, 02:34 PM
It's only a dumb comment for everyone else in the world. I'm sure it's personal to New Yorker's. Dwayne Wade can apologize all he wants, it doesn't make up for anything. Wow Bosh is looking like the only one with class, didn't see that one coming.

HoopsDrive
07-19-2010, 02:34 PM

So now we judge someone's intelligence by how much money they make? Not saying Dwayne Wade is dumb, I personally have no idea, but just because he has made millions of dollars playing a SPORT does not at all mean he is smart.

Do I need to go through a list of ****ing brain dead, ******** athletes that have made millions of dollars? We will be here all day.

I didn't say he was a super intelligent dude either.

The point I was trying to make to the OP was that calling Wade a dumb*** and moron for committing such a small gaffe is ridiculous. We all know what he meant, he just used the wrong words.

GSW Hoops
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM
It doesn't matter if he was misquoted or not, it's still classless. But i'm not surprised because it's a classless statement by a classless and egocentric individual.

If you had a microphone in front of your mouth every day for 7 years, you'd eventually say something stupid too. Get over it.

Gambeezy
07-19-2010, 02:38 PM

J4K, I think HoopsDrive was actually being sarcastic b/c some other poster called athletes dumb for making comments like that. I don't think he actually thinks they're dumb.

FinsHeatPanthrs
07-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah its a bad analogy, and he probably shouldn't have said it. But all he's saying is that its just basketball, just a game.

USMCLaker
07-19-2010, 02:40 PM
If you had a microphone in front of your mouth every day for 7 years, you'd eventually say something stupid too. Get over it.

ditto

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 02:40 PM
lol Wade LBJ Riley can do no wrong as far as any of these pathetic bandwagon jumpers are concerned.

Bitter much

tangent12
07-19-2010, 02:41 PM

Now I wouldn't... I'm perfect. Immaculate.

ChicagoFan4Eva
now he is hated by new york more :clap:

whitemamba33
Really...you people are THIS sensitive?

I gaurentee that if Wade made this comment a few months ago, nobody would say a thing about it. People are just trying to find any excuse possible to hate these three guys, and it just comes off as paethetic to anyone who doesn't obsess over every little thing that is said in the media.

USMCLaker
07-19-2010, 02:42 PM
DWade comes across as a decent guy to me, I don't really understand all the hate.

ManRam
07-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Questionable analogy, but ultimately his point is right. Poor word choice, we all say stupid stuff, and this is the first time in 7+ years he has. Big deal. He apologized, let's move on.

I don't see what can come of this thread besides back and forth bickering, which is basically occurring in 99% of the other threads related to Miami.

I have a novel idea! Let's talk about basketball! And not keep bashing and defending minor anecdotes.