PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul in a Bobcats' uniform?

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 11:30 PM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/07/17/1569144/chris-paul-in-a-bobcats-uniform.html
I see it as doubtfull but if he is acquired how do you think he would fit?

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 11:34 PM
they should really consider moving the whole Hornets roster, apparel and stats/records back to Charlotte.

king4day
07-18-2010, 11:37 PM
I'd love to see this if he's willing to extend himself there.
And I think Wallace, Henderson, and and expiring contract should be enough. If he's demanding to be dealt, then i don't see why they should have to trade so much more as the article says.

blastmasta26
07-18-2010, 11:39 PM
I'd love to see this if he's willing to extend himself there.
And I think Wallace, Henderson, and and expiring contract should be enough. If he's demanding to be dealt, then i don't see why they should have to trade so much more as the article says.
Well you have to put forth the best offer. There's no way Charlotte would be the only team trying to trade for Paul.

king4day
07-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Well you have to put forth the best offer. There's no way Charlotte would be the only team trying to trade for Paul.

I'm not sure other teams can offer a star caliber player like Wallace. It really depends on what the Hornets want for him. If they want picks, young potential, and expirings, then Charlotte probably isn't the best choice.

Catfish1314
07-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Chris Paul will fit anywhere. But if getting him costs the Bobcats Gerald Wallace, I'm not sure how much good this does them.

blastmasta26
I'm not sure other teams can offer a star caliber player like Wallace. It really depends on what the Hornets want for him. If they want picks, young potential, and expirings, then Charlotte probably isn't the best choice.
Nets or Pacers could offer Harris or Granger for example. But trading him to Charlotte defeats the purpose of switching teams. Paul wants to win, he's not going to do that in Charlotte if Wallace is traded for him.

masalex1205
This is old news, it seems that with the change in GMs in New Orleans they are no longer open to trading him.

Regardless, I still think that the Bobcats could give the best offer at least that Ive seen. (dampier/instant expiring, G-Wallace, DJ or Henderson plus draft picks for Paul, Okafor.)

Wish we could bring Chris home

masalex1205
07-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Chris Paul will fit anywhere. But if getting him costs the Bobcats Gerald Wallace, I'm not sure how much good this does them.

Yeah it sucks bc our playoff roster was a PERFECT fit for CP3

Raidaz4Life
07-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Okay you think Paul is going to be any happier playing for a Wallace-less bobcats team??

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Paul- SJax-filler- Tyrus- Okafor doesnt look all that sexy.

blastmasta26
07-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I think if he gets traded, it will be for young guys, expirings, draft picks. Otherwise any potential landing spot will just be another New Orleans if their star goes in the trade.

76erEaglePhils
07-18-2010, 11:54 PM
they should really consider moving the whole Hornets roster, apparel and stats/records back to Charlotte.For what?

GSRaider
07-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Paul is a Carolina guy... I think it's a great fit...

Sadds The Gr8
07-19-2010, 12:04 AM

they wouldn't trade back for the ugly contract they gave up 2 years ago...

Chateamsfan
07-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Paul is a Carolina guy... I think it's a great fit...

I agree, but Lebron is a Ohio guy. What happened to him?

76erEaglePhils
07-19-2010, 12:12 AM
I agree, but Lebron is a Ohio guy. What happened to him?He found a better situation that would give him a better chance to win a championship. I don't think him being from Ohio had anything to do with it.

thornga2
07-19-2010, 12:13 AM

I bet the Hawks would offer Josh Smith. They would be stupid not too.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-19-2010, 12:16 AM
If they can somehow get CP3 without trading Wallace, they would be one of my favorite teams. CP3 will make Wallace into a perennial all star.

And i think they could by doing exactly what the Heat did with Lebron and Bosh; by giving them a load of picks. If it becomes obvious he isnt coming back and he wants to go to Charlotte, the Bobcats can give them DJ+Henderson and a bunch of picks and that could get it done.

OA SLAY
07-19-2010, 12:17 AM
they wouldn't trade back for the ugly contract they gave up 2 years ago...

Oh ya.HA:)

defender4m
07-19-2010, 12:20 AM
dont see it

ldc62
07-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Don't think the Bobcats have the right pieces.

saintdrew
07-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Don't think the Bobcats have the right pieces.

^ Thank you. The Bobcats do NOT have the pieces to acquire Chris Paul. Just because Paul is a "Carolina guy" or he mentioned "the big 3 at melo's wedding" doesn't mean he "fits" in these places. The Cats already have Augustin and I'm pretty sure Gerald Wallace is 28? If so, then it wouldn't make sense for the Hornets to make this trade. Hypothetically we would want someone around the same age as Paul or younger. So we could put them along with guys like Darren Collison, Marcus Thornton, Quincy Pondexter, Craig Brackins, Julian Wright, and they can all grow together.

Honestly, I hear people all the time on here talking crap about the Hornets how they should move out of NOLA or re-locate back to Charlotte...well here's the thing, our owner George Shinn could easily change the team name and everything but he doesn't want to, so hopefully the owner change happens and Gary Chouest makes the move. The problem is that the Hornets have no true identity.

Well actually New Orleans did have a identity, it's up in Utah now :(

New Orleans Brass anyone????

Kobe5RingKing
07-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Paul will NOT be traded, only if he demands it