PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated/Underrated Laker?

LakerMantra
07-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Overrated - My list:
Vladmir Radmanovic
Sasha Vujacic
Luke Walton
Shannon Brown
Andrew Bynum

My pick: Radmanovic
(I was tempted to think Drew but he got tons of respect playing injured)

Underrated - My list:
Robert Horry
Derek Fisher
Pau Gasol

My pick: Robert Horry
Great role player, Big Shot Rob
Dude has 7 rings 2 with rockets, 3 with us, 2 with the Spurs
Enough said! We should've retired his Jersey!

lakers4sho
07-18-2010, 10:57 PM
How far along in history is your question supposed to encompass?

LakerMantra
07-18-2010, 11:02 PM
I was going mid-90's to now.

Iceman_9
07-18-2010, 11:12 PM
kobe is the most underated. only 1 mvp.

lakersfan01
07-18-2010, 11:24 PM
overrated-derek fisher, clutch but too many to count the players that would be an improvement over him. he's always been our weak link vs iverson, billups, etc even dating back to early 2000's.

underrated-ron artest, he's the man. game 7 when it counted, big time. he's the exact man we needed to slow the scoring champ kevin durant in first round, and slow the PP that fakes injuries in the finals.

Avenged
07-19-2010, 02:50 AM
I really can't come up with any overrated Laker players. If I had to choose, I guess I'll go with Luke since a lot of people are nuts over his IQ even though he hardly plays and is always injured.

kid24
07-19-2010, 03:09 AM
gasol the most underrated. karl malone the most overrated:confused:

kid24
07-19-2010, 03:09 AM
I really can't come up with any overrated Laker players. If I had to choose, I guess I'll go with Luke since a lot of people are nuts over his IQ even though he hardly plays and is always injured.

true that

Enemey
07-19-2010, 03:24 AM
I must say Luke walton is overrated and I want him GONE ! Phil Jackson just tells people that Luke is a good passer and playmaker just to make Bill walton proud lol

Iron24th
07-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Ron Artest as underrated,people just look at his offensive stats,but damn he was pretty impressive on the defensive end.

Hellcrooner
07-19-2010, 04:17 AM
Underrated MIchael cooper.Sedale Threatt, Mycahel THompson, Orlando Woolridge(well most like Forgotten), Vlade Divac, Elden Campbell.Hora grant, Ac Green.Pau.

Overated, Eddie JOnes, Cedric Ceballos, Nick they quick, Horry, Kurt Rambis,:

TRUJRUSS
07-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Right now... Underated Fish... rarely gets the credit he deserves... gasol too... he is so good but many still underestimate him.... Overated... tough one... probably luke i guess? hahah

Rocco007
07-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Unfortunately, all you have to look at are salaries...:eyebrow:
Sasha and Luke's values were vastly overstated....:facepalm:
Ron Artest will prove to be a steal for his contract...:clap:

Cooper
07-19-2010, 08:43 AM
I can't see anyone being any more over rated than Luke Walton. Everyone keeps boasting about how high his "basketball IQ" is....then he goes out on the floor and plays like a complete idiot 3/4 of the time. Last season, he was paid nearly 3 times more than Shannon Brown, and more than D-Fish!

With the salary cap going down, and Kobe's salary getting closer to 30 million each year, we can't have scrubs getting paid 5 or 6 million to ride the pine! Luke may be a nice guy and all, but he is one of the reasons we can't even consider improving our bench...because we're stuck with his idiotic contract.

Under rated....Derek Fisher. To listen to many people talk....he can't guard the top tier point guards in the league. Wow....who can? Certainly no one getting paid what the Lakers pay him. Name one person on the Lakers team(outside of Kobe) who has half as many game winning shots, and game tying shots as Fish. You can't...because there isn't any. Not Pau, not Odom, not Artest....none! To me, that qualifies as being under rated.

Raidaz4Life
07-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Overrated: Lamar Odom

Underrated: Jordan Farmar

DaBossLaker04
07-19-2010, 10:52 AM
I believe the most underrated is Derek Fisher. Everyone always says how he's the weak link on our team... but even Kobe said that we need him. He's the vocal leader he picks guys heads up and he gets them going by motivating. And if it weren't for Fisher in last years finals we may have lost. And we may have gone back to L.A. if Fisher didn't hit those threes against Orlando.

Most overrated has to be Luke. All people say is how good of a bball IQ he has... yea he's had decent passes but nothing that no other player has ever done. I believe if he has such a great IQ he shud just retire and become a coach then he may b worth the money he's being payed.

DaBossLaker04
07-19-2010, 10:52 AM
I believe the most underrated is Derek Fisher. Everyone always says how he's the weak link on our team... but even Kobe said that we need him. He's the vocal leader he picks guys heads up and he gets them going by motivating. And if it weren't for Fisher in last years finals we may have lost. And we may have gone back to L.A. if Fisher didn't hit those threes against Orlando.

Most overrated has to be Luke. All people say is how good of a bball IQ he has... yea he's had decent passes but nothing that no other player has ever done. I believe if he has such a great IQ he shud just retire and become a coach then he may b worth the money he's being payed.

The Raven
07-20-2010, 12:58 PM
For what the Lakers are paying him, Luke Walton is by far the most overrated. So what if he has a high basketball IQ. He still is a very marginal player at best who seems to always be injured anyway

Frezhnitz
07-20-2010, 02:02 PM
underrated-Kobe

overrated-Luke

djlamer
07-20-2010, 08:07 PM
over rated- luke, hasn't done a god damn thing since signing his fat contract and sucking up cap space.
under rated- DJ Mbenga....or does he even get a rating?

Tree Rollins
07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Overrated from the past- Nick Van Exel
Overrated today- Odom. Just b/c you look all world once every 10 games doesn't mean you are all-world.

Underrated from the past- Byron Scott, A.C. Green

Underrated Today- If anyone it's Kobe. People in the media and fans in general downgrade him more due to his personality then his actual accomplishments. If Kobe had the same personality of a Michael Jordan, people would be arguing his merits as the greatest player ever.

gdaddyphnw
07-21-2010, 02:48 AM
overrated-derek fisher, clutch but too many to count the players that would be an improvement over him. he's always been our weak link vs iverson, billups, etc even dating back to early 2000's.

underrated-ron artest, he's the man. game 7 when it counted, big time. he's the exact man we needed to slow the scoring champ kevin durant in first round, and slow the PP that fakes injuries in the finals.

I'll take Kobe's opinion about Derek Fisher over yours any day.

Enemey
07-21-2010, 03:32 AM
I can't see anyone being any more over rated than Luke Walton. Everyone keeps boasting about how high his "basketball IQ" is....then he goes out on the floor and plays like a complete idiot 3/4 of the time. Last season, he was paid nearly 3 times more than Shannon Brown, and more than D-Fish!

With the salary cap going down, and Kobe's salary getting closer to 30 million each year, we can't have scrubs getting paid 5 or 6 million to ride the pine! Luke may be a nice guy and all, but he is one of the reasons we can't even consider improving our bench...because we're stuck with his idiotic contract.

Under rated....Derek Fisher. To listen to many people talk....he can't guard the top tier point guards in the league. Wow....who can? Certainly no one getting paid what the Lakers pay him. Name one person on the Lakers team(outside of Kobe) who has half as many game winning shots, and game tying shots as Fish. You can't...because there isn't any. Not Pau, not Odom, not Artest....none! To me, that qualifies as being under rated.

Yea I must say Derek Fisher is underrated . He played good D on Nash and Ray Allen except game 2