PDA

View Full Version : Wade completely misquoted in regards to the WTC

JordansBulls
07-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Link (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/18/heat-supporting-cast-has-become-better-than-expected/)

"We're going to be wearing a bullseye,'' Wade said. "But that's what you play for. If we lose a couple in a row this season, it will be like the World Trade (Center) is coming down again. When the schedule comes out, people will be looking for the Lakers and Heat, to see when they play us. I feel like I'm a new player in Miami. That's how excited I am.''

EDIT: GO to page two for the corrected story!!!

ink
07-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I actually find that comment really offensive. Nothing in sport should be compared with that event. I thought Wade had his head on straighter than this and wouldn't get so caught up in all the self-importance. They have nowhere near the relevance in the world that the 911 tragedy had and he should know better. Stupid comment.

DWills
07-18-2010, 06:07 PM
I actually find that comment really offensive. Nothing in sport should be compared with that event. I thought Wade had his head on straighter than this and wouldn't get so caught up in all the self-importance. They have nowhere near the relevance in the world that the 911 tragedy had and he should know better. Stupid comment.

lmao

says the guy in canada

Gators123
07-18-2010, 06:07 PM

I agree 100%

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 06:08 PM
You almost made it through the day without a rediculous thread. So close.

ink
lmao

says the guy in canada

That has nothing to do with anything. 9/11 was a world tragedy.

---

btw, I understand what Wade was trying to say, but like one of the posters above, I think he should have made a better analogy. Treating it "like the end of the world" would have been a better way to put it.

Jonathan2323
Bad choice of words.

cantstopthee
yeah. it will always be too soon...

nickdymez
Thats a ridiculous analogy...

Max Power
What an idiot.

I wonder what he's going to compare losing a playoff series to.

DLEE4MVP
What a ****ing idiot...Completely unrelated, D Wade...I lose more respect for him and LBJ every day..

Starballer
07-18-2010, 06:09 PM
everything Wade/LeBron/Bosh says is going to be placed under a microscope and disected. Was it a smart comment? No... Is it going to be blown WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of proportion... HELL YES!!!

gbpackers12
07-18-2010, 06:10 PM
What an idiot.

I wonder what he's going to compare losing a playoff series to.

Probably the holocaust.

That's a pretty awful analogy, Wade.

lakers4sho

Definitely man.

ink
I am going to close this as it's clear that it will be another thread to heap anger onto the Heat. We have to try to reclaim this forum and talk about basketball again and not just how much people dislike the Heat and the superstars on the team.

daleja424
07-18-2010, 07:45 PM
For the record. The website that published the quote retracted it and issued Wade a public apology:

Editor's Note: Because of a transcription error, an earlier version of this story contained an incorrect quote from Dwyane Wade. The full and accurate version of the quote is contained in this story. We deeply regret the error.
What he actually said was:

"We're going to be wearing a bullseye. But that's what you play for," Wade said. "We enjoy the bullseye. Plus, there's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again, but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games.
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/18/heat-supporting-cast-has-become-better-than-expected/

daleja424
07-18-2010, 07:49 PM
...as you can see, Wade was making the point that this is just basketball... there are a lot worse things out there...like the tragedy at the WTC

Raph12
07-18-2010, 07:50 PM

zambo4president
07-18-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't believe it. LeBron probably sicked his thugs on the reporter to protect his precious Wade. Regardless why would you even mention the WTC?

Jonathan2323
07-18-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't believe it. LeBron probably sicked his thugs on the reporter to protect his precious Wade. Regardless why would you even mention the WTC?

Of course you don't believe it, you would rather bash him. People are just finding any which way to bash and hate on the trio. Thats ok because it just adds fuel to the fire for them.

ink
07-18-2010, 07:53 PM
For the record. The website that published the quote retracted it and issued Wade a public apology:

What he actually said was:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/18/heat-supporting-cast-has-become-better-than-expected/

Glad to see the correction, but I think we should re-close the thread. We just don't need to offer another opportunity to bash the Heat and that's what's going to happen.

We need to reclaim this forum and talk about basketball again, not just attack one team and its players.

daleja424
07-18-2010, 07:58 PM
I agree ink. The first post after I wrote the correction showed me that even without fuel people will still keep the fire burning.