PDA

View Full Version : Why McGrady And The Cavs Are Perfect For Each Other

JasonJohnHorn
07-18-2010, 05:49 PM
That Cavs have set up a roster built around a play making SF, and now have lost a franchise player/allstar for nothing. McGrady has been 'the man' in the past, but after injuries and The Rockets just not playing him last year, and brief unproductive stint in NY, his NBA resume is not as impressive as it once was. His profile has dropped SO much, that the LA Clippers, THE CLIPPERS are talking about offering him NOT THE MLE, but the Vet-Min so he can, get this, come off the bench. Come of the bench for the Clippers? For the Vet Min? A team not even in playoff discussions let alone title contention (though they may very well be in the playoffs this year with the roster they have if the new coaching staff works well with the talented pieces it has).

The Cavs have something to prove, and so does McGrady. I'm not a Mcgrady fan, never really have been, but I'm not a Kobe fan and I have no problem admitting both are two of the most talented athletes and players the league has seen since Jordan retired (McGrady of course when he is healthy). I think with McGrady's skill set and the motivation for both teams, and the fact that The Cavs can actually offer McGrady a real pay-check, this might be a match made in heaven. If Mcgrady can keep this team in the playoffs (and I believe with a front line like the one they have: Varajao, Jamison, Hickson and Powe) and a solid point guard in Mo Williams, this team could still make the playoffs if a guy like McGrady joined the fray and played close to the level he put out before the injuries started getting to him, though a good shooting guard to go along with him might be a big help to the team.

If Mcgrady signs for the vet min somewhere and wins a title, it will be like Mitch Richmond winning a title with the Lakers. Nobody will really care. But if he takes on a challenging role like this and pushes the Cavs to the playoffs, or break his "second round" curse and get this squad the second round, then I think he would see his stock rise and reputation restored.

Worse case scenario: the team doesnt do that well and McGrady tries somewhere else next year. Best case scenario, he can claim that he helped the Cavs get as far as James took them in his last season (or perhaps further).

Would this be a good match? Or are there other down-on-their-luck players who you think could earn redemption taking over the Cavs as the go to guy?

JordansBulls
07-18-2010, 05:55 PM
The only way they are perfect for each other is that the Cavs wouldn't get out of round 1.

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 06:00 PM
ha No. dont think you wanna start rebuilding on a "down on their luck player". its funny that you mention this tho cuz i recently started a 2k10 season and the Cavs first FA signing was T-Mac...imagine that!

Starballer
07-18-2010, 06:01 PM
The only way they are perfect for each other is that the Cavs wouldn't get out of round 1.

this

Avenged
07-18-2010, 06:10 PM

Well said, JB.

heatfan03
07-18-2010, 07:19 PM

the cavs wont even make the playoffs so that doesn't work either.

Jenceman
07-18-2010, 09:39 PM
This isn't the worst of ideas.

robdizzle3
07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
IF and only IF Mac is healthy, he would be a good fit there. He is very skilled, but has to be on the court to make a difference. If he doesnt sign with Miami or a contender, I could see him going there.

AddiX
07-18-2010, 10:10 PM
What is it about T-Mac that people refuse to actknowledge the fact that he is broken. His body will not allow him a full season with any real minutes. I don't even think he can do 10 mins a game for an entire season.

tangent12
07-18-2010, 10:12 PM

Damn JB... damn. :hi5:

Kashmir13579
07-18-2010, 10:21 PM
you guys are serious haters. i like the idea. neither party has anything to lose. t-mac was a god btw show some respect.

romaldinho
07-18-2010, 10:31 PM
You make a compelling argument,yet people just laugh it off,T.Mac isn't done yet and what have the Cavs to lose?
Their fans need a former superstar for more than just on court purposes.The fans need a great player like T Mac to raise their hope.
Sures he past his prime but this is his make or breeak season and im sure he knows this.
He averaged nearly 10 4 4 last season in 26mpg for the Knicks and if hes working hard on his fitness and strength he could make a comeback.
Im interested to see where he goes

lionsareback
07-18-2010, 10:56 PM
hes washed up...the cavs have nobody besides mo mo and depends if shaq resigns or not, other than that they have nobody, t-mac is old as dirt, vet. minimum is ok, hes gonna be the next iverson cant play, then can and sucks ***, this isint the 2001-07 era when they were dynamite, hell if the cavs are so desprate, offer mj a vet. minimum lol or majic hell y not isah thomas

OT Thriller
07-19-2010, 12:05 AM
It would be good for basketball if he got back to the way he used to play and it would be good for the city of Cleveland to have a star again. I like the idea.

blastmasta26
07-19-2010, 12:07 AM
T-Mac is not capable of getting starter minutes, NY witnessed that first-hand last season. He had a great first game, only to fade away into oblivion the rest of the year. He should take a cheap contract and sign with a contender and the Cavs should focus on rebuilding.

NBA-GMaster
07-19-2010, 12:19 AM
I dont like this idea.. I want Tmac to have his own championship ring and especially pass the 1st rd of playoffs.. HEAT, LAKERS, MAGIC or CELTICS for minimum vet. salary..

carlessyen
07-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Nah no Tmac for the cavs sorry. not gonna happen, and Cavs will be in the playoffs if you think not your a moron lol

blastmasta26
07-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Nah no Tmac for the cavs sorry. not gonna happen, and Cavs won't be in the playoffs if you think not your a moron lol

fixed

5ass
07-19-2010, 01:39 AM
you guys are serious haters. i like the idea. neither party has anything to lose. t-mac was a god btw show some respect.

:clap:T-Mac will be back, he is only 31.. people quickly forget how he was once one of the best players in the league

Kiss Ma Grits
07-19-2010, 05:28 PM
How does Tracey benefit the cavs??? I mean really? He hasn't played a full season in how long? If you're not a championship contender then you're rebuilding....always more then two pieces away.