PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers V. Heat - Playoff series??

tangent12
07-18-2010, 03:47 PM
How big of a series would this be? Not only entertaining and intriguing but ratings wise, how big could it be? It's a possibility since the Cavs could squeeze their way into the playoffs [I believe they have the talent,, poise and motivation with what happened] with a low seed and end up against one of the top 3 seeds.

It'll be the entire NBA fanbase [except for Heat of course] watching and rooting for the Cavs. Not to mention the people who were introduced to the whole situation when LeBron decided to make it a spectacle.

How much would you like to see this happen? I know it'd be a series i'd look forward to and enjoy watching. Would make it sweeter if it's the Cavs who knock the Heat out of the playoffs. :)

mets77
07-18-2010, 04:03 PM
it would be awesome

DWills
07-18-2010, 04:05 PM
why would a 4-0 sweep with avg margin of victory ~30 be fun to watch???

nick22290
07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
The Cavs need to become a playoff team first.

Catfish1314
07-18-2010, 04:08 PM
why would a 4-0 sweep with avg margin of victory ~30 be fun to watch???

Because the boos would crack some decibels records.

BigBlueCrew
07-18-2010, 04:08 PM
would dan gilbert be in the front row growling??

Avenged
07-18-2010, 04:13 PM
The drama would be great but I don't find a potential sweep that entertaining.

DCsports
07-18-2010, 04:20 PM
No way cavs are making the playoffs

Reyes6
07-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Cavs MIGHT make the playoffs, seeing as how the 7th and 8th seed are usually up for grabs and they still have a lot of talent that surrounded LeBron.

Minimal
07-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Cavs have like 5% to make the playoffs next year. And if they make it on 8th seed and meet 1st seeded Heat they will be sooo swept.

ldc62
07-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Boring.

gbpackers12
07-18-2010, 04:26 PM
I would love it, but I doubt the Cavaliers make the playoffs next season.

The Raven
07-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Im sure it'd be entertaining due to the fact that there is so much drama now due to the recent events transpiring but, realistically i can see a sweep

WITZ
07-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Make sure delonte & Gloria have seats in front of the heat bench preferably in front of queen James and we gonna have a he'll of a spectacle.

Starballer
07-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Cavs will get blasted.

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 04:43 PM
^Clever

_KB24_
07-18-2010, 04:47 PM
It'd be a great spectacle to see. TNT: We know Drama ;)

CALIABQLKRS
07-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Make sure delonte & Gloria have seats in front of the heat bench preferably in front of queen James and we gonna have a he'll of a spectacle.

Lol haha. Or if the cavs marketing is smart.. I would have a Delonte west bobblehead day! Or a bunch of posters of delonte by the basket with his tongue out haha!. Now I would pay to see that. ;) I dont care if the cavs lost by 50 That would still be the funniest thing to watch!

HoopsDrive
07-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Not exciting at all. A potential sweep with a margin of victory easily over 20 and probably over 30. Yea, that will be fun.

shep33
07-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I'd just watch the 2 games in Cleveland... I think people are missing a key point here.

Even if Cleveland gets swept they get those 2 games at the Q. They will explode on James... we will never hear or witness anybody in the history of sports get those type of boo birds ever. They want to get their anger off their chest, and they will get their chance.

It's going to be a spectacle in those games... I mean we're talking way worse then the chants Pedro got at Yankee Stadium, worse then Cutler would get at Denver, etc. It's going to be somewhat scary too for LBJ i'd think, in an emotional aspect. They turned on him, and they'd let it all out for those games, win or lose.

azkarraga
07-18-2010, 05:07 PM
By next year's playoff no one will remember this summer's nonsense.

Tmath
07-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Its funny how Heat fans think they are automatically the #1 seed. The season hasn't started yet.

Starballer
07-18-2010, 05:10 PM
By next year's playoff no one will remember this summer's nonsense.

not true the playoffs will remind everyone of this summer.

CORB1d
07-18-2010, 05:11 PM
The Cavs wont even be a 12 seed in the NCAA tournament.

CORB1d
07-18-2010, 05:15 PM
The Cavs wont even be a 12 seed in the NCAA tournament. Never going to happen, if you think the Cavs have the talent to make the playoffs youve got a lot better stuff than Ive been smoking on. Jamison is your go to guy? Ouch. I will be rooting for the Heat if the series were to actually happen, and I would like to see LeBron take a huge **** on midcourt and on Dan Gilbert. Seriously, who gets that mad taht LeBron left after you gave him so much talent to win with. Gilbert quit on LeBron by not signing or trading for real players, not Mo or Shaq or Jamison. Had he got him some real talent, he wouldnt look like a douche with no players on his team

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 05:20 PM
its gonna be like the heat knicks playoff series of 98. lebron is going to fight delonte and gloria is going to be like "DONT TOUCH MY BABY!!!" and she wont be talking bout lebron. gonna be in for a good one.:up:

inthecut-miami
07-18-2010, 05:28 PM
that would be awesome, but do yall really think the cavs r gonna make the playoffs, as ochocinco would say "child please" HEAT 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

dodie53
07-18-2010, 05:34 PM
sweep

thekmp211
07-18-2010, 05:48 PM
i dont think their current roster would make the playoffs, but i also think the cavs will end up trading a lot of their expensive pieces to rebuild.

Starballer
07-18-2010, 05:49 PM
sweep

this

carlessyen
07-18-2010, 05:57 PM
I have seen rocks with more basketball knowledge then some of you lol. You dont go from 1st seat to no seat because of 1 player, especially with a player that has no determination chases talent when you can't get no more talent then he had in Beijing lol. This was a 60 win team, and they will add more pieces if you dont think this team is at least a 8 seat, your basketball knowledge is that of a oak tree, and need to watch rugby or something. Look at the East cavs still way better then Pistons, Nets, Knicks, Pacers, etc. They are more then likely the 7 seat, so that sounds like a possibility I don't know where Heat think they are 1 seat with no depth, defensive players, and when Lebron has no heart. I see Howard destroying these guys inside, and no way they beat the Celtics.

Frankroc_MIYAYO
07-18-2010, 05:58 PM
This shouldn't even be a Thread!

CAVS have no chance in making the playoffs next season. Cavaliers will be the new N.J. Nets!

1. Miami Heat
2. Orlando Magic
3. Chicago Bulls
4. Boston Celtics
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. New York Knicks
7. Charlotte Bobcats
8. Washington Wizards

ECF = Miami vs Orlando
Finals = Miami vs LA
Champs = Miami Heat in 6

RenegadeRiot36
07-18-2010, 06:01 PM
I'd just watch the 2 games in Cleveland... I think people are missing a key point here.

Even if Cleveland gets swept they get those 2 games at the Q. They will explode on James... we will never hear or witness anybody in the history of sports get those type of boo birds ever. They want to get their anger off their chest, and they will get their chance.

It's going to be a spectacle in those games... I mean we're talking way worse then the chants Pedro got at Yankee Stadium, worse then Cutler would get at Denver, etc. It's going to be somewhat scary too for LBJ i'd think, in an emotional aspect. They turned on him, and they'd let it all out for those games, win or lose.

itll be like one of the world cup games, except we'll be using BooBoozelas
cavs fans will be using BooBoozelas instead

qbanheatfan
07-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Cavs MIGHT make the playoffs, seeing as how the 7th and 8th seed are usually up for grabs and they still have a lot of talent that surrounded LeBron.

They still have a lot of talent around them? Really

Jamison is good but not great...Varejao is good but not great...Mo Williams shows up for the season but was nowhere in the playoffs; but overall all these players are good role players but none are on the level of a superstar type that could of complimented Lebron. I feel the Cavs roster is overrated at times they aren't as good as people make them out to be. If not for Lebron who knows how many wins they get...well I guess we'll see.

JJ Hickson has shown some promise but I don't think he's on the level of superstar yet nor do I think he'll ever reach that level. The bottom of the East is usually weak though so there is a possibility you guys squeeze into the playoffs and your coach has the ability to make mediocre-average players exceed their potential so you may make it into the playoffs. However, you guys are dreaming if you believe you'd have a chance to beat the Heat lol...the series would be intriguing because of the drama behind it but as far as basketball goes not too sure that it would be that exciting if your a Cavs fan.

xxplayerxx23
07-18-2010, 06:18 PM
They can still trade for some pieces. If they go with the team they have the will be a 10 seed in the Eastern conference, Unless jamison and moe willams take over and J.J hickson can play. There is a slight chance that will happen and yeah Dan gilbrit would be in the front row WIth pitchforks and would start chants against lebron LOL

Frankroc_MIYAYO
07-18-2010, 06:19 PM
I have seen rocks with more basketball knowledge then some of you lol. You dont go from 1st seat to no seat because of 1 player, especially with a player that has no determination chases talent when you can't get no more talent then he had in Beijing lol. This was a 60 win team, and they will add more pieces if you dont think this team is at least a 8 seat, your basketball knowledge is that of a oak tree, and need to watch rugby or something. Look at the East cavs still way better then Pistons, Nets, Knicks, Pacers, etc. They are more then likely the 7 seat, so that sounds like a possibility I don't know where Heat think they are 1 seat with no depth, defensive players, and when Lebron has no heart. I see Howard destroying these guys inside, and no way they beat the Celtics.

LMAO:D

People like you will be the ones with their mouth open come NBA season.

Reversed86Curse
07-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Yah, I can see the Heat and Cavs playing... 3rd vs 6th seed seems like a good possibility:nod:

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 06:40 PM

but when that one player is lebron james, your bound for a downfall

shooterone
07-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Remember the Bulls after Jordan left......ummm the last time. Thats what the Cav's have to look forward to in upcoming years. Dark days are ahead for nba teams, I absolutely hate how it's become. It used to be that great players made their teams great. Now its good players that can't win on their own and basically hold the league hostage for 3 yrs and have that if you can't beat em join em attitude. It sucks and it's cowardly. They treat the NBA like a video game.
Personally Im a *gulp* raps fan but Bosh didn't make the Raptors, the Raptors made Bosh, the Cav's made 'Bron and the Heat made Wade. A Cav's fan wants to know how they'll do in the playoffs? HA!!!! they'll be fighting for a top lottery pick with my Raps. Welcome to the bottom of the heap Cav's.

tredigs
07-18-2010, 07:34 PM

I can't tell if you're a troll, a hater, or just clueless. Either way, you're wrong.

This Cavs team is horrible without Lebron as the centerpiece. Even with 'Melo in the place of Lebron, I couldn't see them winning more than 45 games. But having Jamario Moon in that slot? They're garbage. They went 1-5 without him this year, that was their first win without him playing since the 06-07 season. Take a moment to process that if you want.

You don't understand how good Lebron is, and that's fine -- but you'll be in for a rude awakening come next season. That team isn't winning 30 games.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 07:39 PM
I can't tell if you're a troll, a hater, or just clueless. Either way, you're wrong.

This Cavs team is horrible without Lebron as the centerpiece. Even with 'Melo in the place of Lebron, I couldn't see them winning more than 45 games. But having Jamario Moon in that slot? They're garbage. They went 1-5 without him this year, that was their first win without him playing since the 06-07 season. Take a moment to process that if you want.

You don't understand how good Lebron is, and that's fine -- but you'll be in for a rude awakening come next season. That team isn't winning 30 games.

Agreed... I see some people saying that it'll be a 3 vs. 6 seed matchup.. Are you guys mentally insane?!?!? The chances of the Cavaliers being in the playoffs next year are less than 25%... And that's to become the 8 seed. That team is so awful... Their best player is.... Mo Williams? Varajao?!? Maybe Anthony Parker!!!! Hahahaha... Awful.. Even worse than my Pacers.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 07:42 PM
This shouldn't even be a Thread!

CAVS have no chance in making the playoffs next season. Cavaliers will be the new N.J. Nets!

1. Miami Heat
2. Orlando Magic
3. Chicago Bulls
4. Boston Celtics
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. New York Knicks
7. Charlotte Bobcats
8. Washington Wizards

To back my statement up, look at this guy's predictions.... Those 8 teams are clearly better than the Cavs.. Not to mention the Nets for sure, the Pacers for sure... 76ers for sure... They will be bottom dwellers with the Raptors and Pistons no doubt... And I still think those teams are better!!

mikealike305
07-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Cavs won't make it, close thread

69centers
07-18-2010, 08:40 PM
It would be the greatest upset in the history of sports if the Cavs could make the playoffs and oust Lebron and the Heat.

mikealike305
07-18-2010, 08:47 PM
It would be the greatest upset in the history of sports if the Cavs could make the playoffs and oust Lebron and the Heat.

It would be, won't happen tho

marlinsfan24
07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
I guess people would enjoy watching Cleveland fans cry again because of Lebron?

Avenged
07-18-2010, 08:57 PM

Unfortunately, the Cavs don't have the players to pull off the upset.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 09:01 PM

It would be the greatest upset in the history of sports if the Cavs take one game during the season series.

Duddy
07-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Yah, I can see the Heat and Cavs playing... 3rd vs 6th seed seems like a good possibility:nod:

WTF? I can name at least 8 teams in the East that are better than the Cavs. Can you name me 2 that are better than the Heat? :facepalm:

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 09:10 PM
WTF? I can name at least 8 teams in the East that are better than the Cavs. Can you name me 2 that are better than the Heat? :facepalm:

I agree with you but there's a better chance that the Heat are 3rd than the Cavs getting 6th... I'd bet on 2 teams overachieving more than like 7 teams having to bomb it!

mikealike305
07-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Cavs won't win 25 games let alone make playoffs

thekmp211
07-18-2010, 09:27 PM

lol

PatsSoxKnicks
07-18-2010, 09:32 PM
It might have some intriguing storylines, and everyone might be rooting for Cleveland but the reality of the situation is that Cleveland would get slaughtered.

So would I want to see this? Not really. It wouldn't be particularly competitive. And I don't know about everyone else but I enjoy close competitive series.

thekmp211
07-18-2010, 09:35 PM
mo, jamison, delonte and andy. probably 3/4 of those guys will be gone by the end of next season.

PHX2daDEATH
07-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Cavs need to make a move. Gilbert needs to back up his talk.. I agree the Cavs are good enough to make the 8th or 7th seed.. they are winning championships with that roster let alone playoff series, a player like Josh Howard, Deng or Iggy would fit in nice

PatsSoxKnicks
07-18-2010, 09:49 PM

You're not helping yourself here.

Well first of all, when that player is Lebron, you are going to lose a lot of wins. But even if the whole team returned, you might have a small point, except that the Cavs also lost Big Z, Shaq, and Delonte. So the entire team isn't returning.

Lebron was worth 18.5 win shares which would put the Cavs around 42-43 wins. Now I won't necessarily say win shares is the most accurate stat but its something. Also, who's going to create for the Cavs now? Mo Williams? lol. The same Mo Williams that shot 52.9% at the rim and 52% from <10 feet?

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Mo%20Williams

Another thing you might want to consider is that Lebron was 3rd in the NBA (2.5, behind Nash and CP3) in assists leading to 3 pointers. It's going to be a lot tougher for those 3 point shooters on the Cavs to get baskets with no one driving and dishing to them.

http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=LeBron%20James

richiesaurus310
07-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Game 3 would be a sight to see.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-18-2010, 09:51 PM
I agree with you but there's a better chance that the Heat are 3rd than the Cavs getting 6th... I'd bet on 2 teams overachieving more than like 7 teams having to bomb it!

Neither is all that likely.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Cavs need to make a move. Gilbert needs to back up his talk.. I agree the Cavs are good enough to make the 8th or 7th seed.. they are winning championships with that roster let alone playoff series, a player like Josh Howard, Deng or Iggy would fit in nice

True, but it's hard to get players when you publicly trash one of your formers... How do you think that looks to everyone else in the league? A type of "If I leave is this guy gonna berate me?" type of thing... I see him as a classless p.o.s. and nothing more.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Neither is all that likely.

Oh, I definitely don't see either of these scenarios likely, I was just trying to put it in perspective for him... But the Cavs getting 6th is definitely far less likely to happen than a Heat 3 seed, especially if any injuries come into play, because depth is obviously Miami's weakness.

FNM BOY
07-18-2010, 09:55 PM
This is a dream that will never happen...CAVS=Free fall with no parachute....sorry but they are lottery bound.

King Drew
07-18-2010, 10:04 PM
cavs are still a good team. could they beat miami idk

ElMarroAfamado
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Cavs in 5

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 10:06 PM
cavs are still a good team.

False... They are an awful team with nowhere to go but down.

FNM BOY
07-18-2010, 10:24 PM
False... They are an awful team with nowhere to go but down.

People have a tendency not to believe things until they experience it themselves....sad but they just have to experience it painfully to believe...

blastmasta26
07-18-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm not hating, but the Cavs are bound to struggle without LeBron. He was responsible for almost half of their points, with his own scoring, assists, and the ability to draw defenders without necessarily getting an assist. They don't have the talent to make the playoffs. I would put them in the bottom 5 of the East, which would make any chances of a series like this impossible.

sasuke_20
07-18-2010, 11:41 PM
this is NBA where "AMAZING HAPPEN"...just like the adidas said "IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING"..or should i say the big poster "WE BELIEVE" Q arena in cleveland?? opps my bad, LBJ already in the heat..hmmm "DONT WORRY KING WEST GOT UR MOM" happens..I LOVE THIS GAME BABY

justinnum1
07-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Cavs could still win 40 games...whether that gets them in the playoffs...idk

these teams are deff guaranteed a spot
mia
orl
bos
chi
atl
mil

so there are 2 open spots...Char, NY, Cle will all be fighting for those bottom 2 spots.

blastmasta26
07-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Cavs could still win 40 games...whether that gets them in the playoffs...idk

these teams are deff guaranteed a spot
mia
orl
bos
chi
atl
mil

so there are 2 open spots...Char, NY, Cle will all be fighting for those bottom 2 spots.
Cleveland is not as good as Charlotte or NY. The Nets are better as well. It's debatable for Toronto, Indiana, Detroit, Philly, and Washington. Cavs are probably like the Knicks last season, a good set of supporting players with no star to lead them. We didn't win 40 last year, and I don't think the Cavs will 40 this year either.

Jaji
07-19-2010, 12:03 AM
The Heat better sweep 'em. I wouldn't be mad to see Cleveland get one at home though; that would be good for them.

qbanheatfan
07-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Personally If I'm the Cavs I would start rebuilding. Trade all your players except Hickson and maybe Mo Williams and start from scratch. All it takes is a good player coming out and a good lottery pick and you never know what can happen, but trying to go for a title with the team you have now isn't the best of options. I'd tear it up and rebuild it. The only problem I have with Cleveland is it is not a draw as far as a city players want to play in and history demonstrates that. Boozer who isn't a superstar but a great player and double double machine left Cleveland. Although most people in Cleveland don't mention it often Lebron tried to recruit Bosh to go play with him in Cleveland and Bosh said he would love to play with him but not in Cleveland. Unfortunately its not a place a basketball player wants to play in, they would rather go to major cities or where the weather is great (i.e. Chicago, NY, LA, Miami).

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I dunno make your city a better draw? Make it a party city, put up bars and clubs that never close or just move it entirely to a warmer climate lol I dunno either way good luck!

BronBron06
07-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Remember who saved Cleveland for just one quarter from a humiliating defeat from depleted Detroit Pistons last season...remember... yeah that guy

Cavs fans must remember this game really

Remove that guy...

Detroit > Cavs

So I'm sorry for crushing any Cavs fans (left) dreams

blastmasta26
07-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Personally If I'm the Cavs I would start rebuilding. Trade all your players except Hickson and maybe Mo Williams and start from scratch. All it takes is a good player coming out and a good lottery pick and you never know what can happen, but trying to go for a title with the team you have now isn't the best of options. I'd tear it up and rebuild it. The only problem I have with Cleveland is it is not a draw as far as a city players want to play in and history demonstrates that. Boozer who isn't a superstar but a great player and double double machine left Cleveland. Although most people in Cleveland don't mention it often Lebron tried to recruit Bosh to go play with him in Cleveland and Bosh said he would love to play with him but not in Cleveland. Unfortunately its not a place a basketball player wants to play in, they would rather go to major cities or where the weather is great (i.e. Chicago, NY, LA, Miami).

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I dunno make your city a better draw? Make it a party city, put up bars and clubs that never close or just move it entirely to a warmer climate lol I dunno either way good luck!
They don't have to make it a better draw. Just try to trade all the bad contracts for expirings and/or draft picks. Rely on good drafting to strengthen the roster. If the Cavs can't sign anyone in a few years, they will have cap space. Then if they are in a position to do so, they can trade for a big contract and get back to contention.

Wizard of O's
07-19-2010, 02:36 AM
I would almost think that Dan Gilbert would just salvage winning for a chance at blowing up Lebron's knees.

"Just chop block him or undercut him in the air, whenever you get a chance boys"

And don't think he's not crazy enough to have thought about that the last week or two.

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 02:39 AM
I think it'll be an interesting series for about the 1st quarter, when people realize it's just another first round series with a higher seeded team facing a lower seeded team.

Big Moves
07-19-2010, 03:35 AM

You can't be serious. Two???

Boston, Orlando, Atlanta, possibly Chicago and wouldn't be surprised to see the bucks finish the season stronger than Miami.

Aside from Labron, Wade, Bosh, Miller, and Haslem, Miami has nothing. You can't expect to compete with five players. They're going to struggle for most of the season and will get by on the talent of the big 3, but by no means are they a championship team, especially right now. They may develop into one over the course of the year, but to think that they're the best in the East at this point is not even worth a serious discusion.

Big Moves
07-19-2010, 03:44 AM
You guys are saying that the cavs are going to be horrible, but they aren't that bad. It's true that they don't really have a superstar but their entire roster is made up of strong solid players. This should not be under estimated. They may make the playoffs, and if they do play the Heat, it would not be a blow out. For some reason most people are taking it as a foregone conclusion that the Heat will click and be dominant right away, I doubt that will be the case. Look for Miami to look both great at times, and pretty bad at others. They'll probably get upset in the 2nd round by someone like the Bulls or something.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-19-2010, 03:54 AM
You guys are saying that the cavs are going to be horrible, but they aren't that bad. It's true that they don't really have a superstar but their entire roster is made up of strong solid players. This should not be under estimated. They may make the playoffs, and if they do play the Heat, it would not be a blow out. For some reason most people are taking it as a foregone conclusion that the Heat will click and be dominant right away, I doubt that will be the case. Look for Miami to look both great at times, and pretty bad at others. They'll probably get upset in the 2nd round by someone like the Bulls or something.

But you really have to look at that Cleveland starting 5..

Mo Williams (Choke artist... probably not in the top 20 PG's)
Anthony Parker/Delonte (an average role player at best/overrated)
Jamario Moon (LeBron's backup last year)
Antwaan Jamison (Old, washed up, and coming off his worst year yet)
Anderson Varajao (Shaq's backup last year... :facepalm:)

That is absolutely awful and I can't really think of a worse starting 5 in the NBA... As far as their bench goes they have NOBODY. This team is destined for 10th at best in the East next year. It will be 30 point blowouts in the 4 games they play during the season verses the Heat.

Iron24th
07-19-2010, 03:57 AM
Cavs have like 5% to make the playoffs next year. And if they make it on 8th seed and meet 1st seeded Heat they will be sooo swept.

It would probably not be a sweep,cavs at home will play hearts out.

Iron24th
07-19-2010, 03:59 AM

Boston, Orlando, Atlanta, possibly Chicago and wouldn't be surprised to see the bucks finish the season stronger than Miami.

Aside from Labron, Wade, Bosh, Miller, and Haslem, Miami has nothing. You can't expect to compete with five players. They're going to struggle for most of the season and will get by on the talent of the big 3, but by no means are they a championship team, especially right now. They may develop into one over the course of the year, but to think that they're the best in the East at this point is not even worth a serious discusion.

I agree for Boston,Orlando and Atlanta,but not the last two.

PatelJ1010
07-19-2010, 04:06 AM
Jamison is a #1 option and he is abt to turn 34 ....Mo Williams isn't the best PG...No legit C but maybe the C's might be interesting if they have decent players...(their bench is still good)

Iggz53
07-19-2010, 05:10 AM
I wish. Unfortunately, I see Cavs being a bottom 5 team in the NBA.

justinnum1
07-19-2010, 09:27 AM

:laugh2: Have you been taking a nap for 3 months:facepalm:

Minimal
07-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Only 2 teams in the East can be better than Heat next season in my opinion - Orlando or Boston. And really doubt they would be better.

mikealike305
07-19-2010, 09:53 AM
why is this thread is open? cavs arnt making the playoffs, wont happen, and for the guy that said ATL can be better than miami and all that other craziness u said......... really?

khalil72
07-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Cavs beat the HEAT in the playoffs??? That's got to be the funniest thing I've heard since all these people started hating on my HEAT! :facepalm:

8kobe24
07-19-2010, 11:39 AM
I'd watch it, not to root for the cavs but to see if lebron will finish of the cavs.

Brooklyn Mets
07-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Round 1 Heat vs Cavs
Round 2 Heat vs Knicks
Round 3 Heat vs Chicago
hahaha

SeoulBeatz
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Cavs will finish last in the East. no im not hating, that's just how it is, they have a bad and verrrrry old roster right now.

Gators123
07-19-2010, 11:59 AM
The Cavs will win between 20-25 games.

whiteboy_eddie
07-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Why all the HATE for Lebron???Cause he didnt come to your teams....Stop crying

Da Knicks
07-19-2010, 12:17 PM
A pissed off Lebron going into Cleveland? Not something good for cleveland 30 point blowouts are not fun...

thekmp211
07-19-2010, 07:19 PM

wrong.

LeBrons team was challenging Boston and Miami as the best team in the east when his running mates were mo williams and jamison. replace those two with wade and bosh.

haslem and mike miller are better players than shaq and jamario moon.

chalmers, anthony, james jones, jamal magloire, big z, dexter pittman.

perhaps the hawks have an argument. i dont see this team not winning 60 games and earning the 1 seed. they are stacked.

ATX
07-19-2010, 07:28 PM

:facepalm:

I hate to say it, but you have very little knowledge of the league if you think this.

So you think Miami might be a 6th seed? lmfao We were a 5 seed last year.

justinnum1
07-19-2010, 07:37 PM

I hate to say it, but you have very little knowledge of the league if you think this.

:laugh: Someone thinks we are a 6th seed?...:facepalm: This league is in for some serious shock when they see just how dangerous the heat will be.

Big Moves
07-20-2010, 02:33 AM
wrong.

LeBrons team was challenging Boston and Miami as the best team in the east when his running mates were mo williams and jamison. replace those two with wade and bosh.

haslem and mike miller are better players than shaq and jamario moon.

chalmers, anthony, james jones, jamal magloire, big z, dexter pittman.

perhaps the hawks have an argument. i dont see this team not winning 60 games and earning the 1 seed. they are stacked.

The Cavs were not that close actually. They got beaten in the playoffs pretty easily the last two years. Those series were never really close after game 1. The Cavs record was misleading. I picked the Cavs to not come out of the east the last two years and they didn't. I'm picking the Heat to go out in the second round this year. The Heat are going to get killed by any team that has a strong solid pg and a big front line.

Big Moves
07-20-2010, 02:39 AM

Well, I don't know what to tell you. Except that I call games with like an 80% accuracy rate (over the past two years). I also, picked the Cavs to go out in the playoffs the last two years. When everyone said Boston was done this past year, I said they would easily come out of the East. I'm telling you right now, I doubt Miami gets out of the second round this year. They will get destroyed by any team with a good pg and a big strong front line. Look at the match ups and compare Bos, Orl, Atl, even Chi to Mia. Mia will prob finish with the 5th seed again. Either way its likely a 2nd round exit.

Big Moves
07-20-2010, 02:40 AM
:laugh: Someone thinks we are a 6th seed?...:facepalm: This league is in for some serious shock when they see just how dangerous the heat will be.

Myabe in 2 years. Def not this upcoming year

BronBron06
07-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Myabe in 2 years. Def not this upcoming year

WTF in 2 years, stop lying to yourself

PatsSoxKnicks
07-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Well, I don't know what to tell you. Except that I call games with like an 80% accuracy rate (over the past two years). I also, picked the Cavs to go out in the playoffs the last two years. When everyone said Boston was done this past year, I said they would easily come out of the East. I'm telling you right now, I doubt Miami gets out of the second round this year. They will get destroyed by any team with a good pg and a big strong front line. Look at the match ups and compare Bos, Orl, Atl, even Chi to Mia. Mia will prob finish with the 5th seed again. Either way its likely a 2nd round exit.

lol at your 80% accuracy rate, you probably just picked against the Cavs every year because you hate Lebron, not because you have any good basketball analysis. Face it, you're also blinded by hatred.....which might affect your picks.

I'm not even a Heat fan but I can realize they'll be higher than the 5 seed. The only 2 teams who could realistically finish ahead of them are the Magic and Celts. Considering the Celts don't bother with the regular season, the Heat are going to be at least a 2 seed.

But hey, how about looking at some statistical models that have actually accurately predicted teams in the past:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17885/databases-love-miamis-roster

This doesn't mention anything about the playoffs, but I'm sure they make the ECF minimum. You're talking matchups but you don't seem to realize the Heat don't need a PG since they have 2 good passers in Wade and Lebron. As far as defending PG, Wade and Lebron are both great defenders (Wade defensive rating of 103 which is good, Lebron's DRtg of 102, also good. Even if you don't want to use DRtg, it's easy to tell they're good defenders by just watching them)

http://hoopdata.com/teamxefg.aspx

The Heat ranked 2nd in % of shots taken at the rim (meaning the 2nd lowest % of shots were taken at the rim against the Heat). They were also really low in terms of % of shots taken within 10 feet. What does this mean? It suggests their perimeter defense was really good. Their perimeter players were good at staying in front of their man and making the opposing team take jump shots. Guess who was a big part of that? Wade. There's your answer to the PG. Wade, who is quick enough to stay in front of his man.

The problem the Heat will have will be with big men. What does the East have to offer in terms of big men? Howard on the Magic. Garnett on the Celtics and Boozer on the Bulls. The problem is the rest of the teams around those players aren't good enough to compete with the Heat. BTW, I accurately predicted the Cavs would lose last year too (Ok, I'll admit, I predicted that after the 1st half of game 1, didn't do it before the series). The reason I understood that was the Celtics starting 5 was better than the Cavs starting 5 with the exception of Lebron. That will not be the case with most of the teams the Heat are playing. Go ahead, compare the starting lineups. The Heat will most of the time get a 3 to 2 advantage. Garnett has deteriorated to the point where he's not as good as Bosh.

If Miami's coaching staff gets Bosh to consider playing defense, he could actually be good defensively since he's athletic and quick. He just needs to toughen up, which of course we don't know if that'll happen.

I have no strong allegiance to the Heat but I can look at things objectively. But hey, since you're claiming you have an 80% accuracy rate at calling games in the playoffs, I have a 100% accuracy rate over the last 2 years ;)

SANDBURG23
07-20-2010, 04:16 AM
A Cleveland upset would be great, like denver pulled off in the 90's.

Mr.SmackYoMama
07-20-2010, 04:38 AM
How big of a series would this be? Not only entertaining and intriguing but ratings wise, how big could it be? It's a possibility since the Cavs could squeeze their way into the playoffs [I believe they have the talent,, poise and motivation with what happened] with a low seed and end up against one of the top 3 seeds.

It'll be the entire NBA fanbase [except for Heat of course] watching and rooting for the Cavs. Not to mention the people who were introduced to the whole situation when LeBron decided to make it a spectacle.

How much would you like to see this happen? I know it'd be a series i'd look forward to and enjoy watching. Would make it sweeter if it's the Cavs who knock the Heat out of the playoffs. :)

Im a Warriors fan n I would root for The Heat.....Cavs r garbage