PDA

View Full Version : I'm concerned

LALakersKC
07-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I understand we don't have that much money and what not but is it really that hard for us to lure some free agents. The Lakers are virtually the same team minus Farmar and adding Steve Blake. That's a small upgrade but we have no backup bigs or anything. How is it the Heat are signing players like their are no tommorrow yet we are standing still like we are that much better than everybody. We barely beat the Celtics in the Finals, what is a younger Miami squad going to do to us?

Raidaz4Life
07-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I understand we don't have that much money and what not but is it really that hard for us to lure some free agents. The Lakers are virtually the same team minus Farmar and adding Steve Blake. That's a small upgrade but we have no backup bigs or anything. How is it the Heat are signing players like their are no tommorrow yet we are standing still like we are that much better than everybody. We barely beat the Celtics in the Finals, what is a younger Miami squad going to do to us?

I think one think you have to remember is that they are building a team from scratch with a young inexperienced coach so there is going to be a bit of a learning curve for the Heat. They aren't going to come right in and dominate from the beginning and I can very easily see them getting knocked out by a more experienced team before they even reach the finals.

Kobe4Life
07-18-2010, 03:07 PM

First of all you are tripping out and half the stuff your saying you don't really know what your talking about. Remember theres a thing called matchups? Yeah Ok. 2ndly Farmar to Blake a small upgrade? I think not. 3rdly We are back to back Champions (3 straight appearences). Why fix something thats not broken? What you want to rebuild a team thats been to the finals three straight times?

And your concerned why?

New Power House
07-18-2010, 03:08 PM
No Farmar. No Powell. No Morrison. No Mbenga. Blake,Caracter and Ebanks are all an upgrade form those bench warmers. Blake is a huge upgrade from what Farmar did last three or four years with the Lakers. Lakers will sign two more and maybe Brown is one of them. If the Lakers struggle with some teams during the play offs was due to Kobe being hurt and Bynum playing one leg. Odom was never the player that wakes up during the play offs and that really hurts us. Artest was in the process of digesting the system and Fish was the only pg option shooting big at times. This season is going to be different,because a lot of those factors mention above will be address by our management.

RoyalG333
07-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Never underestimate Mitch and the Lakers FO. They have brought another ring to LA this season, and I remember all the doubters this past off season. And on paper, or on the floor for that matter, our bench was not that good this season. I am sure Lakers FO will make sure this team is equipped to bring home a three peat.

Not to mention Blake is a huge upgrade over Farmar...better shooter, passer, ball handler, defender, higher bball IQ.

Raidaz4Life
07-18-2010, 03:10 PM
I also think our biggest upgrade could be a healthy Bynum. If Bynum is healthy then the Heat don't stand a chance. Same with Kobe for that matter.

RoyalG333
07-18-2010, 03:13 PM
I also think our biggest upgrade could be a healthy Bynum. If Bynum is healthy then the Heat don't stand a chance. Same with Kobe for that matter.

Laker fans also have to realize that our team is stacked already. Miami needs to fill a lot of spots and quite honestly, I don't think its enough. They will still have issues getting past Boston and Orlando and now Chicago.

LALakersKC
07-18-2010, 03:13 PM
First of all you are tripping out and half the stuff your saying you don't really know what your talking about. Remember theres a thing called matchups? Yeah Ok. 2ndly Farmar to Blake a small upgrade? I think not. 3rdly We are back to back Champions (3 straight appearences). Why fix something thats not broken? What you want to rebuild a team thats been to the finals three straight times?

And your concerned why?

I'm not saying we need to 'rebuild'. I'm saying it would be alot easier if we got atleast one or 2 more free agents and I think we are safe. It'll be harder to 3peat with virtually the same team. That is why I'm concerned because we are standing still doing nothing. Just because I'm concerned doesn't mean I don't trust my team.

RoyalG333
07-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm not saying we need to 'rebuild'. I'm saying it would be alot easier if we got atleast one or 2 more free agents and I think we are safe. It'll be harder to 3peat with virtually the same team. That is why I'm concerned because we are standing still doing nothing. Just because I'm concerned doesn't mean I don't trust my team.

we went back to back with essentially the same team. Granted Artest you could say is an upgrade over Ariza.

Trust me, Steve Blake will suprise people this season. And our two rookies will contribute as well if they get an opportunity. Most importantly, if our starters are healthy, no one can beat us...period!

New Power House
07-18-2010, 03:28 PM

Just for our concern fans,how many teams have repeated or threepeated? Not many.

Kevj77
07-18-2010, 03:32 PM
For his complete body of work. He took over a championship team and didn't have to do much his first few years, except sign ring chasers with the MLE and vet min.

He was told to trade Shaq by Dr. Buss, the entire league knew he was dealing from a position of weakness, he managed to get a OK deal with Odom/Caron, picks. I didn't like having to eat Grant and his contract though.

After trading Shaq many of his moves were questionable. He made a very bad trade when he moved Caron for Kwame, he handed out some bad contracts Luke, Cook, and Rad. He signed Smush. A team with Odom as the second best player with Kwame, Luke and Smush as starters isn't going anywhere even with a prime Kobe. It was a rebuilding proccess though.

His draft picks have been decent, he has usually picked low first or second rounders and his one lottery pick was a good pick in Bynum.

The last few years he has made some really good moves. Moving Cook with Evans for Ariza, trading Rad really just to get rid of his contract and getting Brown. The mother of all deals that had the entire NBA crying foul the Gasol trade. Signing Artest was a risky move that paid off.

What should be his grade? I say B-

IDB Josh M
07-18-2010, 03:35 PM
If it aint broke, don't fix it. We're not in rebuilding mode, and we're certainly not in building around Pau and Kobe. We were able to resign Fisher, and that is just as important as resigning Odom. Getting Ron Artest for a departing Trevor Ariza is synonymous with getting Steve Blake for a departing Jordan Farmar. It aint broke, no need to fix anything. Although I do agree, another big wouldn't hurt us if Mbenga isn't coming back. Maybe our rookies will do good when it matters?

Need I also remind everyone, the Heat signing the "big three" is like Shaq coming to the Lakers in 1996; it took 5 years before they built a team that could win a title and Jordan was still ruling the league. And guess what, we had Jerry West to build the Lakers. I don't care how "brilliant" Pat Riley may seem by acquiring such big name free agents, but he's no Jerry West.

lake100
07-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Does he know were in July.....????:cool:

Avenged
07-18-2010, 03:53 PM
We're fine and a lot can still go down including free agents and/or trades. The Lakers have done what was expected from them this summer and that is resign Fisher and acquire a solid PG to back him up. The Lakers also drafted 2 players which are considered "steals" and are playing very well in Summer league.

We basically won the title playing 6-7 players, so others aren't needed greatly since rotations shorten in the playoffs. A solid backup center is needed but other than that, we should call it an offseason.

nanablvd
07-18-2010, 04:05 PM

Of course they are going to get at least one or 2 more free agents. They only have 9 guaracteed contracts as of today excluding the 2 rookies. It's just a matter of time and Mitch is working very hard at it. You know, not every free agent is attracted to the idea of playing off the Triangle.

Frezhnitz
07-18-2010, 04:16 PM

Agreed. All we need is a healthy Kobe and an healthy and dominant Bynum and 3peat here we come.

LAdiablo
07-18-2010, 04:20 PM
we aren't attracting some guys for one reason only.
money.
if nba players are offered more to play they will take with very few exceptions. you know what a million dollars buys?
sure a guy like artest wanted his ring but he had the big contract already. these other guys like bell are thinking about when they finish playing guaranteed.
how can you blame them?
but we aren't finished so don't worry too much.
oh yeah and we are the mother****ing lakers.

show34
07-18-2010, 04:31 PM
I understand we don't have that much money and what not but is it really that hard for us to lure some free agents. The Lakers are virtually the same team minus Farmar and adding Steve Blake. That's a small upgrade but we have no backup bigs or anything. How is it the Heat are signing players like their are no tommorrow yet we are standing still like we are that much better than everybody. We barely beat the Celtics in the Finals, what is a younger Miami squad going to do to us?man i so feel you on this YOU ARE SO RIGHT THE LAKERS ARE ARROGANT AT TIMES WHEN THEY DONT NEED TO BE DONT THEY KNOW WHEN YOU GOING INTO BATTLE YOU NEED MORE BATTLE TEST TROOPS LIKE SHAQ TMAC AND OR MATT BARNES I DONT UNDERSTAND THE LAKERS AT TIMES

show34
07-18-2010, 04:33 PM
They need to get it together soon or the title run is over for sure and kobe just gonna be left wondering if mngt wouldve only done this and that . I dont think kobe is ready to concede winners stay hungry

show34
07-18-2010, 04:46 PM
first of all you are tripping out and half the stuff your saying you don't really know what your talking about. Remember theres a thing called matchups? Yeah ok. 2ndly farmar to blake a small upgrade? I think not. 3rdly we are back to back champions (3 straight appearences). Why fix something thats not broken? What you want to rebuild a team thats been to the finals three straight times?

And your concerned why? all well and good with your comment but you aint met a beast the size of miami and this is when shaq or tmac could come in handy okc getting better how do you match up with westbrook size not speed kobe proved that when they put him on westbrook celtics getting better too memphis also so is houston with yao back so ......... Bascially you rather keep windows 95 than to upgrade to windows xp or 7?/?/ i thought not

LA Faithful
07-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Spoiled Lakers fans... I know success is hard to handle. Poor things.

First of all... have faith in the players we have, and what the front office is trying to do. Buss has been paying ridiculous amounts of money for being over the cap for the last few years at least. That's how we have the core we have now. Mitch knows what his job is and is handcuffed at the moment, but we can roll with what we got if needed. Our dynasty is at its peak, so stay the course and stay faithful.

As for the Heat... their time will come, but it ain't now. Not yet. They can't handle our top seven in a seven game series.

I don't know bout you guys, but I'm enjoying the back to back c'ships and will continue to until someone takes it from us.

Kobe v. Wade
Pau v. Bosh
Ron Ron v. Lebron
Bynum v. Anthony/Z/Maglore
LO v. Haslem
Fish/Blake/Sasha v. Chalmers/Miller

It would be fun to say the least. Not to overlook the OKC/PHX/Boston/Orlando's of the world, but I say bring it Miami. This is LA. Hahaha Red Bull and vodka all day -- Coronas and Patron all night!

Enjoy another summer of being champs boys.

Frankroc_MIYAYO
07-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Laker fans also have to realize that our team is stacked already. Miami needs to fill a lot of spots and quite honestly, I don't think its enough. They will still have issues getting past Boston and Orlando and now Chicago.

Getting past Orlando, Chicago and Boston? :D Are you serious dude?

Look nobody really knows what's going to happen next season but if you've been living under a rock the past 3 years you know that the Miami Heat are going to be sick!

I would never take anything away from LA (you have an awesome team and the best player in the NBA hands down Kobe Bryant)

However, Miami has the next two (L.James and D.Wade) plus we're gearing up our team to go very deep into the playoffs.

So please don't embarrass us by saying we're not coming out the East. LeBron took the Cavaliers to #1 in the regular season and D.Wade took the Heat by himself to #5. Together those two will be UNSTOPPABLE!

See you Lakers in the Finals! Who wins - well that's why we watch the game!

Frankroc_MIYAYO
07-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Spoiled Lakers fans... I know success is hard to handle. Poor things.

First of all... have faith in the players we have, and what the front office is trying to do. Buss has been paying ridiculous amounts of money for being over the cap for the last few years at least. That's how we have the core we have now. Mitch knows what his job is and is handcuffed at the moment, but we can roll with what we got if needed. Our dynasty is at its peak, so stay the course and stay faithful.

As for the Heat... their time will come, but it ain't now. Not yet. They can't handle our top seven in a seven game series.

I don't know bout you guys, but I'm enjoying the back to back c'ships and will continue to until someone takes it from us.

Kobe v. Wade
Pau v. Bosh
Ron Ron v. Lebron
Bynum v. Anthony/Z/Maglore
LO v. Haslem
Fish/Blake/Sasha v. Chalmers/Miller

It would be fun to say the least. Not to overlook the OKC/PHX/Boston/Orlando's of the world, but I say bring it Miami. This is LA. Hahaha Red Bull and vodka all day -- Coronas and Patron all night!

Enjoy another summer of being champs boys.

I like your post! It is honest and direct, as a Heat Fan we welcome the challenge and I pray we see you in the finals. I don't think any East team has a chance against us. Honestly it's going to be NASTY.

In the west, LA is clearly the favorite. But with that group of guys who already have 2 Championships, the hunger might be gone. I mean Boston did take you to 7 this series and the reason yall won was because K.Perkins was out Game 7.

Just Saying....

MIAMI is hungry - Lebron promised 7 championships I think he'll deliver the first year!

MI-YA-YO

New Power House
07-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Getting past Orlando, Chicago and Boston? :D Are you serious dude?

Look nobody really knows what's going to happen next season but if you've been living under a rock the past 3 years you know that the Miami Heat are going to be sick!

I would never take anything away from LA (you have an awesome team and the best player in the NBA hands down Kobe Bryant)

However, Miami has the next two (L.James and D.Wade) plus we're gearing up our team to go very deep into the playoffs.

So please don't embarrass us by saying we're not coming out the East. LeBron took the Cavaliers to #1 in the regular season and D.Wade took the Heat by himself to #5. Together those two will be UNSTOPPABLE!

See you Lakers in the Finals! Who wins - well that's why we watch the game!

You right by staying that Miami is going to be the team to beat next year in the East. That is why Wade is trying to divert the attention from them. Lakers have carried this load for a long time and it is pretty hard.Lakers end goingt o the finals tired and hurt. But just remember that they played for the last three years without Bynum and a very weak bench,particularly,at the point. Now we have Blake. Kobe and Bynum played hurt this last finals and we defeated the team that embarrassed Ledecition and send him to beg for help in Miami.They also send Wade fishing. Gasol is a player that you do not even considered as a superstar and future H.F. Gasol already has 2 rings and he is 27 years old. Lakers will add more power next year if necessary. CP3 and Melo are looking to go to a winning home next year. If any of those two end with us,well then you can imagine! Good luck and we meet you at one point next year!

New Power House
07-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I like your post! It is honest and direct, as a Heat Fan we welcome the challenge and I pray we see you in the finals. I don't think any East team has a chance against us. Honestly it's going to be NASTY.

In the west, LA is clearly the favorite. But with that group of guys who already have 2 Championships, the hunger might be gone. I mean Boston did take you to 7 this series and the reason yall won was because K.Perkins was out Game 7.

Just Saying....

MIAMI is hungry - Lebron promised 7 championships I think he'll deliver the first year!

MI-YA-YO

Lequeen have made so many false promises,that is why he ended with your team.
Celtics took us to 7 games,but Cavs,Miami,Orlando were send fishing by them.
Bynum and Kobe were playing hurt and we had a very weak bench. But we repeated any way! Celts beat us in 2008 and Bynu was not there and Ariza was recovering from injury.
Now next year,there will not be any excuses for your dream team.They promised and they have to deliver.:rolleyes: They declared themselves the best team ever to be assemble and the looser promised 7 rings! Kobe needs just one more to tight Jordan and one to pass him and get the seven that Miami just dream to have at the end of their term (10 years?) Just tell your hero Wade not to open the umbrella before the season even start.:facepalm:
"The Lakers are the team to beat".:eyebrow: What a looser!:facepalm: Is he afraid of something?

KillaInstinct24
07-18-2010, 06:08 PM

i was unaware that the offseason was over..:rolleyes:

Woddsicle
07-18-2010, 06:15 PM
We're fine and a lot can still go down including free agents and/or trades. The Lakers have done what was expected from them this summer and that is resign Fisher and acquire a solid PG to back him up. The Lakers also drafted 2 players were are considers "steals" and are playing very well in Summer league.

We basically won the title playing 6-7 players, so others aren't needed greatly since rotations shorten in the playoffs. A solid backup center is needed but other than that, we should call it an offseason.

Well said sir! :D

New Power House
07-18-2010, 06:22 PM

Just Saying....

MI-YA-YO

Lequeen have made so many false promises,that is why ended with your team.
Bynum and Kobe were playing hurt and we had a very weak bench.
Now next year,there will not be any excuses for your dream team.They promised and they have to deliver.:rolleyes: They declared themselves the best team ever to be assemble and the looser promised 7 rings! Kobe needs just one more to tight Jordan and one to pass him and get the seven that Miami just dream to have at the end of their term (10 years?) Just tell your frind Wade to not open the umbrella before the season even start.:facepalm:
The LAkers are the team to beat.:eyebrow: What a looser!:facepalm:
Do you really believe that Kobe and his crew are not hungry anymore?
Hey by the way, where have you been before along with all these bunch that now are talking trash around here?
Jus saying...

Miami has been hungry for a long time and that is why they have to create all this hoopla in order to show their desperation! We want a ring:cry:

USMCLaker
07-18-2010, 06:24 PM

I think you are underestimating that Celtics team. Besides, older players do better in the playoffs because they usually have more experience and know what it takes to be in the playoffs. Also, this Celtics team is a great squad with at least three future Hall of Famer's and a couple of all-stars. Plus keep in mind that they made the playoff's twice in the last three years and would have made it three of the last three if they weren't banging up the year before. Furthermore, they are one of the best defensive squads the league has seen in years. Again, I really think you are underestimating their talent and our ability to beat to the best in the game.

kid24
07-18-2010, 07:08 PM
stop worrying we are the champions. the heats new trio has'nt even played a game and you aready think there better than us. i don't think so. chill

Enemey
07-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Lequeen have made so many false promises,that is why ended with your team.
Bynum and Kobe were playing hurt and we had a very weak bench.
Now next year,there will not be any excuses for your dream team.They promised and they have to deliver.:rolleyes: They declared themselves the best team ever to be assemble and the looser promised 7 rings! Kobe needs just one more to tight Jordan and one to pass him and get the seven that Miami just dream to have at the end of their term (10 years?) Just tell your frind Wade to not open the umbrella before the season even start.:facepalm:
The LAkers are the team to beat.:eyebrow: What a looser!:facepalm:
Do you really believe that Kobe and his crew are not hungry anymore?
Hey by the way, where have you been before along with all these bunch that now are talking trash around here?
Jus saying...

Miami has been hungry for a long time and that is why they have to create all this hoopla in order to show their desperation! We want a ring:cry:

:clap::clap: Hahaha

LA Faithful
07-18-2010, 11:31 PM
We're fine and a lot can still go down including free agents and/or trades. The Lakers have done what was expected from them this summer and that is resign Fisher and acquire a solid PG to back him up. The Lakers also drafted 2 players which are considered "steals" and are playing very well in Summer league.

Agreed. I'm curious to see if Phil/Mitch will decide to see what the rooks can bring to the table. If they succeed... we may have found some running mates for big number 17.

CalJo1617
07-18-2010, 11:44 PM

thats a big upgrade if you ask me. 3pt efficient, floor general, a competitor...

it might look like nothing on paper, but wait til you see the guy on the floor in october. the guy will make laker fans love him right away

ldawg
07-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Lakers need a shooter, back up sg/sf this can be one person Barnes maybe? Back up Center Shaq? But as of right now they have huge gaps in the roster.

Iceman_9
07-19-2010, 12:01 AM
we are still the team to beat. we only need few players just to fill up the rosters. ebanks and caracter are good enough to make the team.

ldawg
07-19-2010, 12:09 AM
we are still the team to beat. we only need few players just to fill up the rosters. ebanks and caracter are good enough to make the team. no no no we don't just need players to fill up the roster we need good players a bench this year and one that has a shooter. Need a real back up center. Drew has not done his surgery yet. by the looks of it him and Kobe will be off to a slow start.

thedon01
07-19-2010, 12:38 AM
1. the Heat are signing players who will take pennies on the dollar to win a ring. old washed up vets. Hell even penny wants to come out of retirement. before you know it shawn kemp, karl malone, and john stockton will be calling the heat. no worries there.

2. the lakers are fine as they are. some insurance at center would be benfecial, but other than that they are just fine. they have the same team in tact that has won back to back championships. they werent going into this offseason looking to overhaul the roster, they dont need to to begin with.

3. Steve blake is an upgrade over farmar imo

4. We barely beat the celtics because our team battled some injuries. people keep forgetting that kobe had a broken finger, and a banged up foot. Don't forget about Bynum either. Had Bynum been healthy and kobe not nursing small injuries the celtics may have went down in 5 or 6 games. An offseason of surgies, healing, and practice is all this team needs to win a 3rd straight championship.

5. Why is everyone already assuming the Heat are going to the finals? They only have 3 players that really matter and toooooooooooooooo much ego on their court. I still dont believe it's going to mesh. Lebron is taking the back seat to Wade, which i don't believe. Watch for drama with this team. Regardless of the all star power on that team why are people discrediting the celtics, bulls, and of course the magic?

6. I'm calling the magic to win the east and face the lakers in the finals

whitemamba33
07-19-2010, 12:42 AM
So the question is: Why are the Heat - who are rebuilding and opened up a whole lot of cap space for this specific free agency - adding a bunch of free agents while the Lakers - who just won a championship and have minimal space to sign anybody - aren't really don't anything.

Brilliance.

Go Dodgers!
07-19-2010, 01:00 AM
There is nothing to be concern about, Teams like the Heat are trying to position themselves to where the Lakers are now. While they're trying to put together a team the Lakers are filling in bench players to an establish team..

kid24
07-19-2010, 03:17 AM
please close this tread. why would anybody in lakerland be concerned about three ladys teaming up to try to take down a man named kobe.even mj is LOLing. its the sadest thing to ever happen in the nba. just ask all the greats.:facepalm:

Fireworld
07-19-2010, 04:14 AM
I'm not concerned but if we sign Ebanks, Character and Barnes/T-mac. I'll be more confident in the threepete. Very confident.

lakerboy
07-19-2010, 04:50 AM
Don't be worried. We got 2 new rookies to look forward to, Ebanks and Character. An FA will be added soon also, since we need to complete a roster.

Not to mention, Sasha Vujacic will finally get some PT.

NZ_Lakers!
07-19-2010, 04:53 AM
A healthy Andrew Bynum will make more difference than adding an old worn out veteran centre.

Are we as bigger favourites as last year? No, but with a healthy Bynum we are a real chance at a 3peat.

kobebabe
07-19-2010, 05:04 AM

this

kobebabe
07-19-2010, 05:06 AM
you gotta be kidding to think blake is a minor upgrade over farmar! u r trippin dude!

handle
07-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Don't be worried. We got 2 new rookies to look forward to, Ebanks and Character.

Phil doesn't play rookies. We need to sign two more bench players.

Dirty4
07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
For his complete body of work. He took over a championship team and didn't have to do much his first few years, except sign ring chasers with the MLE and vet min.

He was told to trade Shaq by Dr. Buss, the entire league knew he was dealing from a position of weakness, he managed to get a OK deal with Odom/Caron, picks. I didn't like having to eat Grant and his contract though.

After trading Shaq many of his moves were questionable. He made a very bad trade when he moved Caron for Kwame, he handed out some bad contracts Luke, Cook, and Rad. He signed Smush. A team with Odom as the second best player with Kwame, Luke and Smush as starters isn't going anywhere even with a prime Kobe. It was a rebuilding proccess though.

His draft picks have been decent, he has usually picked low first or second rounders and his one lottery pick was a good pick in Bynum.

The last few years he has made some really good moves. Moving Cook with Evans for Ariza, trading Rad really just to get rid of his contract and getting Brown. The mother of all deals that had the entire NBA crying foul the Gasol trade. Signing Artest was a risky move that paid off.

What should be his grade? I say B-

A "B-" grade that results in 3 consecutive trips to the Finals and 2 championships? That's funny...

djlamer
07-21-2010, 04:31 AM
i remember when i used to doubt mitch kupchek....boy did i learn my lesson....we do need another 5 tho