PDA

View Full Version : For those who despise "Heat Bandwagoners"

RocketPower2010
07-18-2010, 12:51 PM
There obviously have been a lot more Heat fans after the Decision, those that you call bandwagoners. My point is, what is wrong with that? What is wrong with not liking your team when they are flunking? What is wrong with loving them when they shown that they are making the necessary steps to win?

For those of you that says you are loyal fans that stick with a team even when they are miserable. I respect you. I respect Knicks fans after 2000. I respect fans that followed the Nets last year. And I respect Cavs fans next year. However, respect does not entitle you to look down upon fans that are not quite loyal as you. Being a fan to a sport is a socially constructed phenomenon in which there is no standarized judgment. For example, unlike a career, you do not receive promotions and raises by sticking with your team for a certain period of time. The only measure of gratitude that you get is from yourself. Therefore, judging others for how much they follow a sports team is unjustified.

My last point is to the Lakers, whos rich history and franchise suffered almost no large gaps of defeat. Of course, there are some, but to have so many dynasties in your history gives you a feeling of superiority unlike that of any other sports team in North America. I guess my point is that the fans of the Lakers never have a good chance to become bandwagoners, mostly because they almost never lost for long periods of time. Therefore it is easy for you to point a finger and call others bandwagoners. It is not quite civil to call others things in which you do not understand because you've been spoiled with titles, and I have to say some Laker fans on PSD come off as quite rude and uncaring, much like the attitude of a spoiled child. Anything that gets thrown your way, and things that didn't even concern you but you somehow felt a comparison to the Lakers has to be made, you respond with a vengeance. Please. STOP THAT!

DaBUU
07-18-2010, 12:54 PM
So says another new Heat fan with 36 posts

USMCLaker
Well, as a Laker fan it's not really about the titles it's about loyalty.

Example, do you root for your neighbors kid if your kid stinks in a sport?

However, that being said I do understand your point regarding Laker fans.

Gators123

;)

Sly Guy
07-18-2010, 01:00 PM

hahaha.

heatfan03
07-18-2010, 01:00 PM

agreed

USMCLaker
07-18-2010, 01:02 PM
agreed

You greedy little bastards had to take Mike Miller too. I know, I know, I'm not one to talk but still.

RocketPower2010
07-18-2010, 01:02 PM
I am a Rockets fan.

Sly Guy
07-18-2010, 01:04 PM

However, that being said I do understand your point regarding Laker fans.

no, you make a ******** face/voice at him and tell him that he's an affront to the sport in which he plays. Then cheer for him to be personally injured on a blooper style play to be removed from the field in disgrace.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-18-2010, 01:06 PM

;)

My point exactly...

ink
07-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Please make posts and threads about basketball rather than about other fans.