PDA

View Full Version : How has your team fared so far this offseason?

kArSoN RyDaH
07-18-2010, 04:37 AM
simple question. did they do good and address the needs they needed to address? or did they pick up unnecessary players? did they give a guy too big/lil a contract? discusss..

Wade>You
07-18-2010, 04:38 AM
Most teams wanted just one. We got all 3. :)

heatfan03
07-18-2010, 07:20 AM
we signed some names that most people basketball know.
watching

OK for serious, still too early to tell if we gonna get the correct supporting cast needed, doing well so far.

29$JerZ
07-18-2010, 07:42 AM
In

Amar'e Stoudemire
Raymond Felton
Landry Fields - surprisingly doing well in SL
Andy Rautins
Anthony Randolph
Ronny Turiaf
Kelenna Azubuike
Jerome Jordan

Out
Chris Duhon
AL Harrington
David Lee
Tracy McGrady
Sergio Rodriguez
JR Giddens

I'm happy.

zo#33
07-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Pretty good I would say

greek miami hea
07-18-2010, 10:23 AM
all i want to say is that... YES WE DID

jtrinaldi
07-18-2010, 10:33 AM
The bucks did above anything i expected them to do. I am more then happy. They have the potential to beet the heat .

fins08
07-18-2010, 10:38 AM
good

BALLER71
07-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Average.

Lebron, Bosh, Wade, Miller. While other teams :k:

Tmath
07-18-2010, 10:51 AM
U should of put in the title no miami heat fans.

xxseven72ducexx
07-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Not as tremendous as I originally expected considering I thought we were going to get LeBron and/or another superstar but I'm still very pleased with the job Donnie Walsh has done assembling a new team to compete...with the aquisitions of Amar'e, Raymond Felton, Anthony Randolph, Kelenna Azubuike and Ronny Turiaf along with the drafting of Andy Rautins and Landry Fields (who's come on strong in the Summer League the last few games) I definitely believe this team is far superior to last years and the years b4 and I definitely believe this team has a shot to be the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs barring no major injuries to Amar'e or Gallinari...a starting line-up of Stoudemire, Randolph, Gallinari, Chandler and Felton satisfies my needs considering how bad we were last year...so I think my team faired particularly good this offseason and although we could have done a little better I'm still happy with the way things turned out.

daleja424
07-18-2010, 10:57 AM
have some class my fellow heat fans. everyone knows what the HEAT did, why do you feel the need to say it again?

Swashcuff
07-18-2010, 10:58 AM
In

Evan Turner
Spencer Hawes
Andres Nocioni

Out

Samuel Dalembert

Still on the squad, Elton Brand and Willie Green.

We haven't done good neither badly, just in between. The only way to salvage this off-season to the point where I can say good will have to be to get rid of Elton Brand. But who knows maybe we keep him and he turns back into his old self next season. Long shot but we're :pray:

Off-season aint over and we still got a few moves to make. So we'll see how things go.

omdigga
07-18-2010, 10:59 AM
i like what the knicks did.. definately upgraded our main weaknesses.. pg, length, defense..
we also got a real star in amare and potential in randolph..
i think in general, knick fans are excited about the upcoming season..

kjoke
07-18-2010, 11:19 AM
In

Amar'e Stoudemire
Raymond Felton
Andy Rautins
Anthony Randolph
Ronny Turiaf
Kelenna Azubuike
Jerome Jordan

Out
Chris Duhon
AL Harrington
David Lee
Tracy McGrady
Sergio Rodriguez
JR Giddens

I'm happy.
:speechless: lol didnt know the knicks changed that much

jimbobjarree
07-18-2010, 11:22 AM
we lost a handful of guys, created some new needs to fill and filled them. Now we have a new roster, but with the same original needs, those needs being a lenthy shot blocker to clog the lane and a wing scorer.

Of course both of those can come from within with a lot of youth on our team, expect CJ Miles to continue to step up, and hopefully Fez to show some improvements. I'd still like a Gortat type player for our bench though.

mark1125
07-18-2010, 11:32 AM
have some class my fellow heat fans. everyone knows what the HEAT did, why do you feel the need to say it again?

I am just wondering where all of these Heat "fans" were 6 months ago. Frontrunners abound now.

And to stick on task, my team sucks, did nothing to address it yet, nor do I see them doing anything of note this year.

New Y0rk3r
07-18-2010, 11:35 AM
The knicks have done a great job IMO. We got younger, our bench is deeper, athletic players: I'm very happy. We don't have a championship team but i think we might make the playoff and honestly after years of suffering, i'm really happy about it.

soonabooma
07-18-2010, 01:53 PM
We pretty much did what we were supposed to do. We drafted the guys that we thought were best for us, locked up the future face of the NBA for 5 more years (he'll be here MUCH longer though), and we saved money to lock up our rising star PG next year and pay other guys as well. No big moves, just a nice quiet offseason. Standing pat during free agency might not have been the popular move, but it was the smart move. Presti is the man, and OKC is gonna be the team of the future.

drobe86
07-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Mavs did a solid job this offseason. They didn't make the flashy move that people thought they would and Boy am I glad. We slightly overpaid for Brendan Haywood, but big men are a premium and if we didn't pay it someone else would have. We picked up a nice rookie in Dominique jones from South Fla. He's tearing it up in the summer league and gave John Wall Hell the other day. Roddy B is progressing, and we are on the right track.

lakers4sho
07-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Inconclusive right now.

We signed a decent backup PG (Blake) who suits our needs and retained Fisher, which solved one of our problems. Another is Phil Jackson's return and Brian Shaw staying, which are definitely nice.

We need a solid backup for Ron Artest and a serviceable big (dirty work kind of guy) off the bench. If the FO can achieve those two things, that would be the perfect offseason for us.

Mikey Roxx
07-18-2010, 02:09 PM
For the Suns, we lost two big pieces in Amar'e Stoudemire and Lou Amundson, and a smaller one in Leandro Barbosa. We did, however, resign Channing Frye to a reasonable contract, trade for Hedo Turkoglu and signed Hakim Warrick and Josh Childress, guys that'll do great things for us in our system. Our most recent draft pick, Gani Lawal, has also showed great promise in the Summer League and should be a quality rotation player in seasons to come.

effen5
07-18-2010, 03:07 PM
The Bulls have done an excellent job imo and I think we have a chance to compete, just need to fill out the roster a bit more.

Redbull
07-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I would give the Bulls an A+, seeing that the big 3 knew where they were going to end up the whole time the Bulls held back a very long time in F/A. They still ended up signing Boozer for less than the MAX, we signed possibly the best 3 point shooter in the game in Korver and then Brewer for only 4 mil a year.

sacgiants1213
07-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Kings got rid of Noc and had a top 3 draft (cousins, whiteside). I'd say they did great considering that was their main focus this offseason.

Sadds The Gr8
07-18-2010, 03:18 PM
****...but it's expected...no1 wants to play here.

blastmasta26
07-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I liked the Knicks' offseason. You could say it was a little underwhelming after all of the LBJ hype, but we made good moves and have a decent shot at making the playoffs. Plus, we still have financial flexibility going forward. We gave Amare too much money, but it was probably worth it considering our situation.

YoungOne
07-18-2010, 03:31 PM
we kept pierce, rayray and nate, plus we got JO ... looks good so far but we still need 2 wingplayers for the bench and a cheap 7 footer for the end of the bench.
Like it that we dont try rebuilding with kg, that wouldnt have worked..

What?
07-18-2010, 03:39 PM
B+ they addressed are 2 biggest weakness With Boozer and Korver while giving them reasonable contracts. They also got a great defender in Brewer for 4m a year.

There offseason looks about done but if they get really good sg without trading Rose, Noah, Boozer, Deng then defiantly a A+

Diggy_2
07-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Bulls Did great imo were top 3 in the East now with the additions of Boozer,Korver, and Brewer but we still need a few more pieces

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:49 PM
****...but it's expected...no1 wants to play here.

I think the Raptors had a good offseason. They got rid of the enormous contract and got an expiring one with Barbosa which can also get good minutes for you guys. Also, got something for Bosh acquiring 2 first round picks which is vital to rebuilding. They drafted a promising PF in Ed Davis that can hopefully replace Bosh in the future. And they building around their two young stars in Derozan and Bargnani.

With another good draft and offseason, the Raptors will contend again.

bahama0811
07-18-2010, 03:50 PM
The Nuggets offseason has been blah at best.

Sadds The Gr8
07-18-2010, 04:04 PM
I think the Raptors had a good offseason. They got rid of the enormous contract and got an expiring one with Barbosa which can also get good minutes for you guys. Also, got something for Bosh acquiring 2 first round picks which is vital to rebuilding. They drafted a promising PF in Ed Davis that can hopefully replace Bosh in the future. And they building around their two young stars in Derozan and Bargnani.

With another good draft and offseason, the Raptors will contend again.

true...we just have to hope Bargnani and Demar can become great players, and the team will be successful. It's frustrating losing your franchise player every 5 years...

iFYouSeekAmy
07-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Warriors -

NEED a back-up PG.
NEED a back-up SG
NEED a legit SF or swingman.
NEED a good bench.

Starters:
Curry
Ellis
D. Wright
Lee
Biedrins

Bench:
(no back-up PG)
Bell <- ANOTHER 6'3 SG. Trade bait, that's all that matters. But until then, season is tanked.
Williams <- wouldn't mind him off-the bench.
VladRad <- he sucks. Trade Bait.
Gadzuric <- Sucks. Trade bait.
Udoh <- he's injured. out for 6 months.
B. Wright <- he's coming off an injury. Still a lot to prove; but he didn't in summer league.
Anybody want to propose a trade for the needs? Post some ideas in the Warriors forum.

nick22290
07-18-2010, 04:25 PM
YES.WE.DID

Chalmers-Wade-James-Bosh-Illgauskas

CHAMPIONSHIP!

97NYer
07-18-2010, 04:27 PM
In

Amar'e Stoudemire
Raymond Felton
Andy Rautins
Anthony Randolph
Ronny Turiaf
Kelenna Azubuike
Jerome Jordan

Out
Chris Duhon
AL Harrington
David Lee
Tracy McGrady
Sergio Rodriguez
JR Giddens

I'm happy.

Forgetting Bender!

mark1125
07-18-2010, 04:31 PM
YES.WE.DID

Chalmers-Wade-James-Bosh-Illgauskas

CHAMPIONSHIP!

Join date 7/18. FRONTRUNNER!!!!!

Frontrunner opinions mean nothing.

gbpackers12
07-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Pistons: Drafted Monroe and White. White probably won't even see the court unless we move Rip. Monroe looks like he has a chance to be a very good player. Other then this, nothing. :sigh:

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Pacers??? Were we like.. Not allowed to make any moves? smh

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Bulls Did great imo were top 3 in the East now with the additions of Boozer,Korver, and Brewer but we still need a few more pieces

Really? MIA, MAGIC, BOSTON, ATL.... Boozer is better then i realized!

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 05:33 PM
right, cause clearly being a fan of ur team means u have to sit on internet forum and post useless trash all day

Clearly he felt the need to do so after july 10th.

sargon21
07-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Really? MIA, MAGIC, BOSTON, ATL.... Boozer is better then i realized!

well were a 5 seed and def. a 6 seed last year when healthy, now boston is aging, atlanta is the same boring team, so i see it going Mia, Orl, then Chi, but i could see boston going above us

RenegadeRiot36
07-18-2010, 05:54 PM
In:

Out: 1 LeDouchebag

pretty good offseason i must say (sarcasm)

The Flash
07-18-2010, 05:57 PM
:dance::dance::dance:
all i want to say is that... YES WE DID

JMKnick33
07-18-2010, 06:24 PM
..besides the Miami Heat?

ink
07-18-2010, 06:25 PM

There is already a thread about this. Please don't re-post again.

MrfadeawayJB
07-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Miami, but Dallas had a good offseason too...they got Tyson Chandler I beleive so they can compete with LA's frontline

KingOf215
07-18-2010, 06:32 PM

In this order:
#1 The team that signed Lebron James
#2 The team that signed Dwyane Wade
#3 The team that signed Chris Bosh

Wait a minute.... :cry:

J/K.. I voted Dallas

DCSportsIsPain
07-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Considering what Ted Leonsis walked into, the Wizards have done well for themselves. Rather obviously, lucking into the #1 draft selection helps. The trades for Captain Kirk and Yi and Trevor Booker and Kevin Seraphin gave the Wizards three first round draft picks and a player a lot of seems seemed interested in acquiring. Jerry Reinsdorf even went so far as to say he would like Kirk back. Good things come from humble beginnings. I like the direction the franchise is headed. The Jamison / Butler / Arenas experiment was never going to result in more than first round playoff exits.

NYY NYJ NYK
07-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Nets

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 06:41 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Besides the Heat, it's the Mavericks easy... Chandler is better than Jermaine, and keeping Dirk was bigger than any other resigning (other than Wade). Chicago and Utah only switched PF's... I guess the second biggest would be the Knicks, because I really didn't think they would pick up on Amare.

Tony_Starks
07-18-2010, 07:19 PM
At first I thought Chicago but as far as impact and improving the franchise I have to go with Washington.

Korman12
07-18-2010, 07:50 PM
I'd say Milwaukee after Miami. Washington fared pretty well too.

My team (Sixers)?

Added: Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, Andres Nocioni
Lost: Samuel Dalembert

It's nice to see the team take a little more initiative in moving their bad pieces, but there's still more work to do. Right now the team has a glut of SF's (Iguodala, Thaddeus Young, Noc and Kapono), so they'd be smart to try and move one of them.

So, not a bad offseason by any means, but still more to be done.

VinceCarter
07-18-2010, 08:00 PM
I think the Nets added a lot of talent without losing too much at all. Especially compared to the talent some teams lost.

Jack Daniels
07-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Pacers??? Were we like.. Not allowed to make any moves? smh

:p I think your owner and GM took a long vacation at the wrong time...

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
:p I think your owner and GM took a long vacation at the wrong time...

Eh... I was gonna say you are correct, but... Sadly enough it would not have mattered all that much :o

mikealike305
07-18-2010, 08:24 PM
I would say
my team did ok...... Resigned dwade.... Not to sure who theses James and bosh guys are though..... Lol

Lake_Show2416
07-18-2010, 11:26 PM
i love how every1 is a heat fan now

What?
07-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Besides the Heat, it's the Mavericks easy... Chandler is better than Jermaine, and keeping Dirk was bigger than any other resigning (other than Wade). Chicago and Utah only switched PF's... I guess the second biggest would be the Knicks, because I really didn't think they would pick up on Amare.

Bulls went from Taj Gibson at there starting pf to Carlos Boozer

Sinattle
07-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Bucks & Bulls

kArSoN RyDaH
07-21-2010, 03:53 AM
bulls, but this wasnt my idea for the thread. whoever did it is an ahole.