PDA

View Full Version : Will Arenas be traded ?

Chief Smoke
07-18-2010, 12:44 AM
It makes sense for washington to trade him , I wonder where would be a good fit and who could they get ?

NBA-GMaster
07-22-2010, 11:13 AM
How about trading Arenas to Oklahoma for Maynor, Collison and Peterson (optional: plus a right to swap pick in 1st rd draft pick for 2011..)
Then resign Josh Howard($7-9M/year)---still under cap..

Wizards:
PG: Wall/Maynor
SG: Hinrich/Young/Peterson
SF: Howard/Thornton/Booker
PF: Blatche/Yi
C: Collison/McGee/Armstrong

Thunder:
PG: Westbrook/Cook/Ivey
SG: Arenas/Harden/Weaver
SF: Durant/Sefolosha
PF: Green/Aldrich/Ibaka
C: Kristic/Mullens/White

Wizards shed $3M, still undercap and able to sign another player..
Arenas and Durant will be a nasty combination..

S-Dot
07-22-2010, 11:17 AM
It makes sense for washington to trade him , I wonder where would be a good fit and who could they get ?

It makes sense for the Wizards to trade him, but does it make sense for any other team to trade for him?

I'm from the DC area, and Gil defintely was the face of the franchise, but with the gun charges and arrival of John Wall, he's in a tough position...but he's making good money so I don't feel too bad for him. Can't see a team wanting him right now, possibly later.

xbrackattackx
07-22-2010, 11:17 AM
How about trading Arenas to Oklahoma for Maynor, Collison and Peterson (optional: plus a right to swap pick in 1st rd draft pick for 2011..)
Then resign Josh Howard($7-9M/year)---still under cap..

Wizards:
PG: Wall/Maynor
SG: Hinrich/Young/Peterson
SF: Howard/Thornton/Booker
PF: Blatche/Yi
C: Collison/McGee/Armstrong

Thunder:
PG: Westbrook/Cook/Ivey
SG: Arenas/Harden/Weaver
SF: Durant/Sefolosha
PF: Green/Aldrich/Ibaka
C: Kristic/Mullens/White

So have you watched Mcgee's development? No way Collison starts over him.

NBA-GMaster
07-22-2010, 11:19 AM
So have you watched Mcgee's development? No way Collison starts over him.

Yup!! and let the veteran play..

203 Uconn LaL
07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
They should see how they (wall and arenas) work together. Arenas still can ball. But it seems the asking price is cheap for a player with his talents

mikealike305
07-22-2010, 11:49 AM
they have to trade him, arenas will only slow walls growth.

MRF420
07-22-2010, 11:53 AM
I dont think that OKC would take on Arenas. He would probably destroy their Chemistry.

defender4m
07-22-2010, 11:54 AM
not yet

NBA-GMaster
07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
I dont think that OKC would take on Arenas. He would probably destroy their Chemistry.

Arenas could help the Thunder.. He will be a scoring threat..

NBA-GMaster
07-22-2010, 12:04 PM
They should see how they (wall and arenas) work together. Arenas still can ball. But it seems the asking price is cheap for a player with his talents

I was thinking of trading Harden instead of Maynor.. Harden,Collison and Peterson for Arenas.. but I think its too much..

mikealike305
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM
if orlando doesnt get CP3 it would be nice to see gilbert go there

DCSportsIsPain
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM
It doesn't make sense for the Wizards to trade their starting shooting guard when the backup is Nick Young. Kirk Hinrich is the backup point guard. He is not a shooting guard and trying to make him one is far beyond idiotic. If he were a shooting guard, Chicago could have used him this season. So, unless the trade involves another starting caliber two guard or the Wizards acquire someone like Tracy McGrady to fill a void, Arenas isn't being traded. If Ted Leonsis isn't going to just cut a check for Gilbert to go away, it is a safe assumption he isn't going to trade him away for nothing. While his contract is a handicap, his value to the Wizards is higher than it is to most other teams ... until the trade deadline.

xbrackattackx
07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Not Unless some 3rd or forth Tier team wants to dump some expirings and cheaper contracts.

IndyRealist
07-22-2010, 12:14 PM
It doesn't make sense for the Wizards to trade their starting shooting guard when the backup is Nick Young. Kirk Hinrich is the backup point guard. He is not a shooting guard and trying to make him one is far beyond idiotic. If he were a shooting guard, Chicago could have used him this season. So, unless the trade involves another starting caliber two guard or the Wizards acquire someone like Tracy McGrady to fill a void, Arenas isn't being traded. If Ted Leonsis isn't going to just cut a check for Gilbert to go away, it is a safe assumption he isn't going to trade him away for nothing. While his contract is a handicap, his value to the Wizards is higher than it is to most other teams ... until the trade deadline.

Kirk Hinrich was on the court quite a bit with Derrick Rose, so it stands to reason he was playing SG.

DCSportsIsPain
07-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Kirk Hinrich was on the court quite a bit with Derrick Rose, so it stands to reason he was playing SG.

And they got rid of him. The Chicago Bulls threads on PSD are enough of an indication he was awful at it, so what is your point? To trade a scorer like Arenas and put Hinrich at a position where he fails?

NBA-GMaster
07-22-2010, 12:22 PM

:up: Yup, Kirk played SG against the Cavs last playoff..

NBA-GMaster
07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
And they got rid of him. The Chicago Bulls threads on PSD are enough of an indication he was awful at it, so what is your point? To trade a scorer like Arenas and put Hinrich at a position where he fails?

That's why Wall and Howard will fill up the scoring absence of Arenas.. With this trade it will help Wall to win the Rookie of the year..

Caps1989
07-22-2010, 01:33 PM

Still doesnt make him a SG. And like he said, when your backup is Nick Young you gotta stop and think about moving him.

xxdc2tegxx
07-22-2010, 02:26 PM

he didnt fail at the sg position...he's just not a deadly lockdown shooter....

The bulls got rid of hinrich to clear cap space for the free agent class...they was the biggest reason by FAR. Upper management and bulls fans have been split on him and alot do wish he still had hinrich. In term's of defense, he held his own against bigger players {i.e paul pierce}

Wiz kids
07-22-2010, 03:42 PM
IMO the Wiz will keep Arenas and if Arenas returns to form, the Wiz will trade him at the deadline or whenever his value is the highest.

_Supreme_
07-22-2010, 03:44 PM
I think it is inevitable he will get traded eventually.

The question is when?

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in NY after Melo resigns with Denver and Paul gets traded somewhere else.