PDA

View Full Version : new york knicks aqusitions

x23cbru24x
07-17-2010, 11:54 PM
everyone is lookin at about every other teams moves exceot the knicks moves...they have got almost a whole new core and players...theve got amare felton randolph turiaf azubuike russian center and they still have the young core in gallo chandler and douglas...give them the next couple of offseasons and possibly a title contender???

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2010, 11:55 PM
:laugh:

I'm not even going to take this thread seriously after the spelling mistakes on that title.

jimbobjarree
07-18-2010, 12:00 AM
such an anticlimactic roster

x23cbru24x
07-18-2010, 12:02 AM

I'm not even going to take this thread seriously after the spelling mistakes on that title.

haha funny im not the best typer in the world..but uk the meaning of it

defender4m
07-18-2010, 12:04 AM
too bad the nets are in their division lol

Chacarron
07-18-2010, 12:04 AM
This is the Heat forum. Thread belongs in Knicks forum. Thank you.

x23cbru24x
07-18-2010, 12:05 AM

when has the nba forum been the heat forum...

defender4m
07-18-2010, 12:07 AM
the only threads in the nba forum are heat related, hes jking

oak2455
07-18-2010, 12:09 AM
too bad the nets are in their division lol

2 of your 12 wins your welcome:eyebrow:

Atownballa5
07-18-2010, 12:16 AM
why would you put this in the nba forum cause clearly no one cares but knicks fans so...

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 12:17 AM
new york knciks?? really?? lmfao

x23cbru24x
07-18-2010, 12:18 AM
why would you put this in the nba forum cause clearly no one cares but knicks fans so...

haha w.e fan u r...w.e knicks fan would obv like it maybe other fans wanna chip in and say what they think of the knicks

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 12:18 AM

yeah they just handed us 2 out of the 12 wins because the knicks SUCK haha

HeaTxRipZz
07-18-2010, 12:19 AM
damn only seems like the dudes who are laughing are fans of the team with 70 losses

defender4m
07-18-2010, 12:20 AM

they couldnt help it

Hugbees
07-18-2010, 12:21 AM

Don't worry, the rest of us aren't taking you seriously after not being able to recognizing the obvious typos.

D Roses Bulls
07-18-2010, 12:36 AM
everyone is lookin at about every other teams moves exceot the knicks moves...they have got almost a whole new core and players...theve got amare felton randolph turiaf azubuike russian center and they still have the young core in gallo chandler and douglas...give them the next couple of offseasons and possibly a title contender???

:laugh::laugh::laugh: this is the funniest thread ive seen in a long time.

Atownballa5
07-18-2010, 12:43 AM
haha w.e fan u r...w.e knicks fan would obv like it maybe other fans wanna chip in and say what they think of the knicks

Your new so it's ok, but on this website there is very few people other than knicks fans who really care about them

Slimsim
07-18-2010, 12:51 AM
People just mad because Knicks fans have are the best fans in the world. How many people would support a losing team year after year. And i notice Some people who hate on the Knicks are suppose Yankees fans.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-18-2010, 12:51 AM

you really don't seem to understand your Nets won 12 games last year do you? The Knicks may suck, but the Nets are even worse. Oh and the Nets big offseason move was signing Travis Outlaw. Enjoy.

The Knicks may be irrelevant in the eyes of most NBA fans but what does that make the Nets if the Nets are irrelevant in their own area?

I just find it a bit ridiculous a NETS fan is laughing about the Knicks. Especially when there's a total of like 5 Nets fans in existence. The team is bad and the fans don't give a ****. What a lousy combination.

filipinoknick
07-18-2010, 12:55 AM
no we give you 2 wins because we pity you nets haha.. and we are in 2 years rebuilding mode so we dont need those wins!

BobSagetSucks
07-18-2010, 12:57 AM
title contender,...good one

PatsSoxKnicks
07-18-2010, 01:00 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: this is the funniest thread ive seen in a long time.

Aren't you the same person who said Rose was better than Rondo and a top 3 PG in that other thread?

Homerism is natural, stupidity isn't. Lets hope the Darwin theory applies here eh?

PatsSoxKnicks
07-18-2010, 01:04 AM
This thread does belong in the Knicks forum though. I doubt anyone's going to give an intelligent response considering the general stupidity on this forum. And the phrase "title contenders" should have been left out because obviously they aren't exactly close right now, it just seems to have created a lot of negativity.

jeter 2
07-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Well to answer the question, I believe the Knicks future will depend on free agents. They missed out on Brandon Jennings, which obviously hurt them in free agency. However, the New Yorks may be the only team to be able to sign Paul, Deron Williams, Melo and Dwight Howard. If the Heat can do it, the Knicks can too.

The Heat had Wade recruiting for them and the Knicks will have Amare now to recruit for them. Also the Knicks could possibly even the sell the team next year to Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul. If Gallinari, Felton, and a third player prove to be between above average-good skill wise, the Knicks could be an attractive choice.

On the contrary, there is the new collective bargaining agreement issue. This may lead to players to seek extentions with their current teams.

To New York fans, there was never news about Lebron James dying to play in New York. According to Chris Broussard, Carmelo Anthony is dying to play in New York. The New York media is reporting that Chris Paul made comments about forming a big 3 in the Big Apple at Mr. Anthony's wedding reception.

People think that the Knicks failed because they did not get 2 max free agents. Well the Knicks signed one max, they could still sign 1 max in 2011 and 1 max in 2012 or 2 maxes in 2012. The Knicks still have 2 years left to see their plan through.

knickerbockerny
07-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Its an up hill climb for the Knicks, though the future looks bright (cap space, young players, etc). We are at least a year or two away from being legit title contenders, but until then we can just watch the Yankees, Jets, and Giants contend, so all hope is not lost in regards to an NY fan.

In regards to the acquisitions, Amare is an animal, and him being out of the west might be the best thing for his career, not having to bang with those big men out there. With Anthony Randolph, the sky is the limit, its all up to him to realize the potential, because he would get an opportunity in NY.

oak2455
07-18-2010, 01:27 AM

if the Knicks suck where does that leave you?? P.S tell your boy Jay Z stay out of the garden:eyebrow:

76erEaglePhils
07-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Another thread for the knicks fans they just want to feel special. Good job guys for the amare signing, thumbs up on all the other things you guys done thus far that nobody gives a rats *** about. You guys are truly the best fans in the world at watching your team suck year in and year out.

HeaTxRipZz
07-18-2010, 01:31 AM
Another thread for the knicks fans they just want to feel special. Good job guys for the amare signing, thumbs up on all the other things you guys done thus far that nobody gives a rats ***** about.

lol some of you kids on this forums make me laugh nobody cares that a team improved but let it be your 76ers who signed Amare and you would be all of over it. Theres alot of immaturity around here. So far I give props to all teams who made solid good changes because it's good to see the NBA improve idk wth is up with guys on this site and NY teams like no matter what they do they will always be put down by the people here

oak2455
07-18-2010, 01:31 AM
Another thread for the knicks fans they just want to feel special. Good job guys for the amare signing, thumbs up on all the other things you guys done thus far that nobody gives a rats *** about. You guys are truly the best fans in the world at watching you team suck year in and year out.

hope that wasn't sarcasm considering Eagles = 0 :p

76erEaglePhils
07-18-2010, 01:35 AM
lol some of you kids on this forums make me laugh nobody cares that a team improved but let it be your 76ers who signed Amare and you would be all of over it. Theres alot of immaturity around here. So far I give props to all teams who made solid good changes because it's good to see the NBA improve idk wth is up with guys on this site and NY teams like no matter what they do they will always be put down by the people hereIf i'm going to be all over it it would be in a Sixer forum.

HeaTxRipZz
07-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Ok but obviously the person wanted others educated opinions on the acquisitions. Don't make it like he was an idiot and put it in your team's forum and that's your reason for bashing. It's just very childish IMO and you don't have much room to even talk mess when your team was 27-55 last season

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 01:40 AM
People just mad because Knicks fans have are the best fans in the world. How many people would support a losing team year after year. And i notice Some people who hate on the Knicks are suppose Yankees fans.

Cubs fans...

I'm not mad at them, their team, like the Knicks, continues to suck.

rockets-fan
07-18-2010, 01:45 AM
i for one think the knicks did pretty good this offseason....amare,felton,randolf are good players...i disagree with the title contenders part but they are going to be better in a few years...good job knicks

Tony_Starks
07-18-2010, 01:51 AM
They've most def improved but Donnie and D'Antoni really need to be purged from the organization. What they accomplished this off season did not require two seasons of screwing off.

Now that the roster and finances are decent they should get a) a teaching coach to develop the young guys and b) a GM that has a clue how to draft and trade.

There's really been a lot of blown opportunities where the squad should be a whole lot better than it is.

D Roses Bulls
07-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Aren't you the same person who said Rose was better than Rondo and a top 3 PG in that other thread?

Homerism is natural, stupidity isn't. Lets hope the Darwin theory applies here eh?

if im stupid, then I guess the whole TNT crew is stupid, along with most of ESPN and NBA TV. guess i could be an analyst on one of the stations. typical fan, doesnt know a winner when you see one. but then again in your defense, how could you? i mean you do follow the knicks. lol

x23cbru24x
07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
title contender,...good one

haha maybe they get melo next offseason...they r close to it and maybe paul...but thats a maybe

knicks09
07-18-2010, 02:16 PM
you really don't seem to understand your Nets won 12 games last year do you? The Knicks may suck, but the Nets are even worse. Oh and the Nets big offseason move was signing Travis Outlaw. Enjoy.

The Knicks may be irrelevant in the eyes of most NBA fans but what does that make the Nets if the Nets are irrelevant in their own area?

I just find it a bit ridiculous a NETS fan is laughing about the Knicks. Especially when there's a total of like 5 Nets fans in existence. The team is bad and the fans don't give a ****. What a lousy combination.

That's like a Timberwolf fan laughing at the pacers when clearly their team is much worse. It doesn't make sense...

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 02:29 PM
If i'm going to be all over it it would be in a Sixer forum.

I doubt that. Post not dumb but real dumb!:rolleyes:

KnickNyKnick
07-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Another thread for the knicks fans they just want to feel special. Good job guys for the amare signing, thumbs up on all the other things you guys done thus far that nobody gives a rats *** about. You guys are truly the best fans in the world at watching your team suck year in and year out.

wow, why not just respond to what the thread is about before bashing the poster? Personal Anger anyone? Why even respond at all if thats how you feel? Obviously the knicks are rebuilding. But whats your point when you bash the fans? Some people cant stand the fact that they wouldnt survive in such a tough city so they hate the people for it and bash any type of positive opinion we may post. But hey keep it coming. Thats what makes us great win or lose we never give up on our teams. We will always get the attention for best supporting fans, because thats what we do. Support! we still sell out our arena if we are 0-20. I think thats why you really hate us. Because we never front run.

The team is getting better every year. We are one idle for the next max to come in. Hate us now, Hate us more later :P But will still love you for it :rolleyes: and if nobody gives a rats ***, then why did u bother to reply to this post?

OG "Dee" LOCc
07-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Jesus Christ, some of you are real pricks aren't you

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 02:44 PM
The Knicks have only been bad for 10years (with playoffs apperences in those 10) all you 16year old kids should realize this. These are the Knicks not Wizards, Raptors, Clippers, Warriors, Cavs, Lakers.

BALLER71
07-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Knicks still aren't a good team, IMO. Which is unfortunate.

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 02:54 PM

hey, im a die hard yankees fan.but hate the knicks. its just the way i am.

97NYer
07-18-2010, 02:59 PM

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 03:00 PM

5 total nets fans in existence??? haha, good one. and this was one TERRIBLY bad season. the knicks have been sucking for the past decade. and signing travis outlaw is better than giving amare stoudemaire 20 million dollars. hes a good player and all that but 20 million, really??

97NYer
07-18-2010, 03:01 PM
wow, why not just respond to what the thread is about before bashing the poster? Personal Anger anyone? Why even respond at all if thats how you feel? Obviously the knicks are rebuilding. But whats your point when you bash the fans? Some people cant stand the fact that they wouldnt survive in such a tough city so they hate the people for it and bash any type of positive opinion we may post. But hey keep it coming. Thats what makes us great win or lose we never give up on our teams. We will always get the attention for best supporting fans, because thats what we do. Support! we still sell out our arena if we are 0-20. I think thats why you really hate us. Because we never front run.

The team is getting better every year. We are one idle for the next max to come in. Hate us now, Hate us more later :P But will still love you for it :rolleyes: and if nobody gives a rats ***, then why did u bother to reply to this post?

Took the words right out of my mouth, my fellow Knick....:clap:

Rocco007
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
I said this before...
Out of all the losers of the Lebron sweepstakes...
The Knicks have done the best without mortgaging their future...
All 3 GS acquisitions have expiring contracts...
With Randoplh being a sleeper and keeper...
and Felton was inked for only 2 years...

Bulls did well but they spent long money on multiple free agents and also have regrets about trading Heinrich for FA capspace...

TheWatcher34
07-18-2010, 03:05 PM

got a point there.

when has the nba forum been the heat forum...

:facepalm:

thekmp211
07-18-2010, 03:10 PM
the knicks will be a good team this year.

dont forget about bill walker. he looked really solid at times and is apparently fully healthy and in shape for the first time since he blew his knee out. was once an ELITE hs recruit.

pretty embarrassing smattering of responses, though, for the most part.

knicks09
07-18-2010, 03:11 PM
5 total nets fans in existence??? haha, good one. and this was one TERRIBLY bad season. the knicks have been sucking for the past decade. and signing travis outlaw is better than giving amare stoudemaire 20 million dollars. hes a good player and all that but 20 million, really??

LMFAOOO !! Yea Travis Outlaw is really gonna push the Nets into the playoffs. He's way better than Amare.

What?
07-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Knicks are pretty far from title contenders. In 2 years the Knicks might have a chance to win there division when Boston is all but dead but even then Nets and 76ers could win it.

Knicks roster right now is at most a 45 win team Amar'e is a small improvement, Felton isn't going to put someone over the top and Randolph could be really good or average.

My guess is they fight for 8th place all year and end up making it with a 42-40 record

And unless the Knicks get Melo and Paul they aren't title contenders and if you made that statement under that assumption then your and idiot

What?
07-18-2010, 03:17 PM
LMFAOOO !! Yea Travis Outlaw is really gonna push the Nets into the playoffs. He's way better than Amare.

Thats not what he said don't put words into his mouth. He said that signing Travis Outlaw to a 5 yr 35million who does add depth to the bench and not losing anyone is a better move then getting amar'e for a 5yr 100m contract when he is only a slight improvement over Lee and came at 40m more

bkmikeyy
07-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Funny how the same thread about the Nets and Sixers gets normal and civilized responses, but once the Knicks are involved all sort of reasoning goes out the window and it becomes a bashing thread. Regardless what you say about Amare he is one of the best in the game at his position. He is also the ONLY contract on the Knicks lasting longer than 2 years and aside from Curry the worst contract the Knicks have is a 2 year 15 million dollar Felton deal (Which was a steal because if it doesn't work out they can easily deal him next summer). This team already has a young roster with loads of potential and can easily make the playoffs this season. Gallo, Randolph, Douglas, Chandler, Walker are all nice young players. On top of all that they have cap space to easily sign a max next season without having to give up any of their core.
As for the Nets fans talking you guys are the little red headed step children of the NY area regardless of where you move and how many billboards you put up. If anyone told you that Outlaw, Farmar, Morrow and Petro would be your big offseason a few months ago you would agree that it would be a huge BUST. You really would rather have Outlaw for 7 million than Amare for 20??? Who the hell is outlaw?!?!?! You guys spent 20 million this year on Farmar, Morrow, Outlaw and Petro out of desperation because you needed to fill cap space minimum. To replace CDR, Yi, Boone, Dooling (about 10 mill a year) for Outlaw, Farmar, Morrow, Petro (about 20 mill a year) and think you are going from a 12 win team to a winner is RIDICULOUS!

masalex1205
07-18-2010, 03:20 PM
great thread, enthralling discussion

ldc62
07-18-2010, 03:22 PM
They probably won't even make the playoffs.

niners395
07-18-2010, 03:27 PM

Shhh its okay the Eagles went to the Conference Championship or further three years in a row and never won a ring...

knicks09
07-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Thats not what he said don't put words into his mouth. He said that signing Travis Outlaw to a 5 yr 35million who does add depth to the bench and not losing anyone is a better move then getting amar'e for a 5yr 100m contract when he is only a slight improvement over Lee and came at 40m more

I'm not putting anything in his mouth. He makin it sound like signing Amare was a bad move. Net fans are mad they didnt sign a major free agent

bkmikeyy
07-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm not putting anything in his mouth. He makin it sound like signing Amare was a bad move. Net fans are mad they didnt sign a major free agent

you mean johan petro wasn't on the major free agent list?

ldc62
07-18-2010, 03:33 PM

Considering Amare was either the highest or 2nd highest paid guy; you can't really say its a great move until we see what he does this season. That goes for saying it is a bad move as well. Right now its an unknown.

bkmikeyy
07-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Considering Amare was either the highest or 2nd highest paid guy; you can't really say its a great move until we see what he does this season. That goes for saying it is a bad move as well. Right now its an unknown.

Its a good move because the Knicks still preserved A LOT of flexibility for the next two years. They have enough money for a max next year and Amare made them a much more attractive team for FAs. Whats the point of saving every penny and not spending it? Don't tell me that getting players like outlaw for 7 million is a better investment.

KnickNyKnick
07-18-2010, 03:38 PM
They probably won't even make the playoffs.

spoken like a true broussard follower :D

PatsSoxKnicks
07-18-2010, 03:40 PM

Yup, 5 fans in existence. If not, then why was the attendance at Nets games absolutely dreadful. At least Knicks fans show up for their games, no matter what. So either your fanbase is a bandwagon fanbase or there really are 5 fans in existence. Which one is it? Sounds bad either way.

Ok, the Knicks may have sucked longer but they have NEVER in their history had a 12 win season, or wait 70 LOSS season. Now thats impressive. The Nets were so bad they were threatening to break the record. Thats awfulness that doesn't come around very often. It's like being in the company of the 0-16 Lions.

But hey, if you want to talk about a decade, lets talk existence. The Nets have 0 NBA championships. The Knicks have 2. The Knicks also had a run in the 90s that the Nets have NEVER come close to sniffing. Face it, your franchise is the Clippers of LA. Everyone knows it besides Nets fans. (I mean your owner is actually trying to convert Knicks fans to Nets fans because he knows there really are like 5 Nets fans in existence)

Yeah, Amare's overpaid but he's still one of the best big men in the game. He's better than any player the Nets have right now. Amare's PER last year was 22.69 compared to Brook's 20.11 PER. Since PER can underestimate shooting efficiency, Amare's TS% was 61.5% vs. 57.0%. Amare is unquestionably better offense. You want to go by defense, well Brook gets more blocks, but still had a lower defensive rating than Amare (which wasn't very good itself). Brook's defensive rating was 110 compared to Amare's 109. Basically, neither of them played defense last year.

Outlaw, is literally the definition of average, posting a 14.9 PER for his career. His TS% isn't that great, and he doesn't play defense. So 7 million a year for an average player? Again, enjoy. The Nets overpaid Outlaw too. Only that looks a lot worse since they were gearing up to get Boozer, Bosh, Lebron, etc. They got no one. Deal with it.

Edit: http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
See that, the Nets are DEAD LAST in attendance. Thats why I said there's like 5 fans. Or are you still not able to comprehend?

Wait, hold on, I have more:

Prokhorov revealed he initially wanted to purchase the New York Knicks, but quickly discovered it would not be feasible given the other assets, including Madison Square Garden and the NHL's New York Rangers, that were tied into the sports arm of Cablevision, the Knicks' corporate owner. Six months after abandoning that pursuit, his investment banker called and said there was an opportunity to buy controlling interest in the Nets.

Hmm, so the Nets were basically what was left? Your owner didn't even want your franchise lol. Just found what was in the trash.

XJW18
07-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Im actually Diggin the Nets Roster more than i am the Knicks..

BlkProphet79
07-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Yup, 5 fans in existence. If not, then why was the attendance at Nets games absolutely dreadful. At least Knicks fans show up for their games, no matter what. So either your fanbase is a bandwagon fanbase or there really are 5 fans in existence. Which one is it? Sounds bad either way.

Ok, the Knicks may have sucked longer but they have NEVER in their history had a 12 win season, or wait 70 LOSS season. Now thats impressive. The Nets were so bad they were threatening to break the record. Thats awfulness that doesn't come around very often. It's like being in the company of the 0-16 Lions.

But hey, if you want to talk about a decade, lets talk existence. The Nets have 0 NBA championships. The Knicks have 2. The Knicks also had a run in the 90s that the Nets have NEVER come close to sniffing. Face it, your franchise is the Clippers of LA. Everyone knows it besides Nets fans. (I mean your owner is actually trying to convert Knicks fans to Nets fans because he knows there really are like 5 Nets fans in existence)

Yeah, Amare's overpaid but he's still one of the best big men in the game. He's better than any player the Nets have right now. Amare's PER last year was 22.69 compared to Brook's 20.11 PER. Since PER can underestimate shooting efficiency, Amare's TS% was 61.5% vs. 57.0%. Amare is unquestionably better offense. You want to go by defense, well Brook gets more blocks, but still had a lower defensive rating than Amare (which wasn't very good itself). Brook's defensive rating was 110 compared to Amare's 109. Basically, neither of them played defense last year.

Outlaw, is literally the definition of average, posting a 14.9 PER for his career. His TS% isn't that great, and he doesn't play defense. So 7 million a year for an average player? Again, enjoy. The Nets overpaid Outlaw too. Only that looks a lot worse since they were gearing up to get Boozer, Bosh, Lebron, etc. They got no one. Deal with it.

See that, the Nets are DEAD LAST in attendance. Thats why I said there's like 5 fans. Or are you still not able to comprehend?

Hmm, so the Nets were basically what was left? Your owner didn't even want your franchise lol. Just found what was in the trash.

:clap::clap::clap:
Damn Son, You ain't have to do him like that! :up:

Hoopsadvocate
07-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Come on now contenders!?!? They improved sure but there a long way from contending. Im glad there a playoff team again (hopefully?) but there 7-8 at best right now and would need another star to get them withing the top 5.

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 04:51 PM

are you serious??:facepalm: that was not my point. giving amare20 million dollars is a no-no in my book. hes injury prone. im not saying travis outlaw is better than amare fool, im just saying, amare isnt the person to be throwing 20 million dollars at.

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 04:54 PM

:cry: :cry: :surrender::surrender:

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 04:56 PM

and this is why you dont assume anything.

Tony_Starks
07-18-2010, 04:57 PM
My thing with the Knicks is it seems like there was no realistic plan B. We all know who plan A was, but it seems like the basic premise was that they were pretty much gauranteed 2 max players no matter what and it was just a matter of what combination they would get. Amare/Joe, Joe/Boozer, Joe/Bosh, Wade, Amare....on and on and on.....

Even restricted guys like Rudy Gay were being discussed as if it was a done deal already. When you base your future on unrealistic expectations like that and reality sets in then you end up doing just what they did, panic and overpay for a consilation prize. A very solid consilation prize mind you, but at a very costly price....

1-800-STFU
07-18-2010, 05:01 PM
The knicks suck.

JakeDelbreezy
07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Like most marquee franchise, the Knicks fans overrate their moves and opposing fans underrate their moves.

Amare is a good player but a little overpaid. I think its fair to ask how much more can he produce than David Lee?

Being both a Tar Heel and Bobcats fan I've seen Felton a ton, he's a solid role player. Plays hard, plays hurt but he's not putting a team over the top.

Randolph has a chance to be a fairly good player maybe even really good player.

Turiaf is an energy guy, he'll be a fan favorite and solid bench guy.

I think the Knicks improved but as constructed now they're not a title contender. But of course if they get Meloor CP3 they'll be much closer to contention.

jeter 2
07-18-2010, 05:19 PM
My thing with the Knicks is it seems like there was no realistic plan B. We all know who plan A was, but it seems like the basic premise was that they were pretty much gauranteed 2 max players no matter what and it was just a matter of what combination they would get. Amare/Joe, Joe/Boozer, Joe/Bosh, Wade, Amare....on and on and on.....

Even restricted guys like Rudy Gay were being discussed as if it was a done deal already. When you base your future on unrealistic expectations like that and reality sets in then you end up doing just what they did, panic and overpay for a consilation prize. A very solid consilation prize mind you, but at a very costly price....

There was no realistic plan B? Are you kidding me? The Knicks plan B was to keep their cap low and get young players. Do you realize that the Knicks will be in the running for Carmelo Anthony the next offseason and then in 2012 they could be in the running for Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Deron Williams. This time the Knicks have players they could sell. Carmelo is friends with Amare and loves Gallinari's game. CP3 said at Melo's wedding that he wants to go form a big 3 in New York.

I wouldn't really call Amare a consolation prize. Amare was the reason why the Suns made the playoffs last year. He did have a poor series against the Lakers but he did have a very good season. Also Amare is a selling point to free agents. What do the Nets have? Brook Lopez recruiting. The Knicks have no one really competing for Carmelo next year except the Denver Nuggets.

The Knicks do not have a 2012 draft pick unless its in a top 5. This could be possibly be a blessing for us. The 2012 free agent class is led by Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and Deron Willaims. By not having a draft pick, the Knicks would have cap room to play with. People say teams should build through the draft. The only pick that could be a top 5 player in next year's draft is Harrison Barnes. If the Knicks are fortunate enough to receive the number one pick, they keep it.

The Knicks are in a great position. Other teams wish they had New York as a selling point and the cap room to make big free agent signings. I'm pretty sure Mark Cuban would love to be in a position to sign Carmelo Anthony next year and Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and/or Deron Williams in 2012, but I'm not saying that the Knicks will get these guys. They are just in position to sign these players.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Like most marquee franchise, the Knicks fans overrate their moves and opposing fans underrate their moves.

Amare is a good player but a little overpaid. I think its fair to ask how much more can he produce than David Lee?

Being both a Tar Heel and Bobcats fan I've seen Felton a ton, he's a solid role player. Plays hard, plays hurt but he's not putting a team over the top.

Randolph has a chance to be a fairly good player maybe even really good player.

Turiaf is an energy guy, he'll be a fan favorite and solid bench guy.

I think the Knicks improved but as constructed now they're not a title contender. But of course if they get Meloor CP3 they'll be much closer to contention.

The word title contender shouldn't have been in the original post. Right now, the Knicks aren't near contending. I think most Knicks fans would be happy to make the playoffs as a 7-8 seed. That's the goal.

Kashmir13579
07-18-2010, 05:27 PM
if im stupid, then I guess the whole TNT crew is stupid, along with most of ESPN and NBA TV. guess i could be an analyst on one of the stations. typical fan, doesnt know a winner when you see one. but then again in your defense, how could you? i mean you do follow the knicks. lol

what has rose done to prove anything? rondo was better when he beat him in seven games, and he's definitely better now. we'll see what rose can really do now that they got rid of kirk. i would be careful because with all the expectations i could really see your team underachieving. i think most knicks fans believe we are a possible 8 seed this year(which is very realistic)

StevenU2009
07-18-2010, 05:28 PM
This forum is often pretty dumb-0and this thread is no exception. I am a HUGE Knick fan-sad-I know. Still, how can anyone be overly excited about the "new" Knicks? Contend for a championship? I want some of whatever you are smoking. On my most optimistic day I might predict 42 wins and an quick first round exit. AT BEST! C'mon.

Kashmir13579
07-18-2010, 05:31 PM
There was no realistic plan B? Are you kidding me? The Knicks plan B was to keep their cap low and get young players. Do you realize that the Knicks will be in the running for Carmelo Anthony the next offseason and then in 2012 they could be in the running for Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Deron Williams. This time the Knicks have players they could sell. Carmelo is friends with Amare and loves Gallinari's game. CP3 said at Melo's wedding that he wants to go form a big 3 in New York.

I wouldn't really call Amare a consolation prize. Amare was the reason why the Suns made the playoffs last year. He did have a poor series against the Lakers but he did have a very good season. Also Amare is a selling point to free agents. What do the Nets have? Brook Lopez recruiting. The Knicks have no one really competing for Carmelo next year except the Denver Nuggets.

The Knicks do not have a 2012 draft pick unless its in a top 5. This could be possibly be a blessing for us. The 2012 free agent class is led by Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and Deron Willaims. By not having a draft pick, the Knicks would have cap room to play with. People say teams should build through the draft. The only pick that could be a top 5 player in next year's draft is Harrison Barnes. If the Knicks are fortunate enough to receive the number one pick, they keep it.

The Knicks are in a great position. Other teams wish they had New York as a selling point and the cap room to make big free agent signings. I'm pretty sure Mark Cuban would love to be in a position to sign Carmelo Anthony next year and Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and/or Deron Williams in 2012, but I'm not saying that the Knicks will get these guys. They are just in position to sign these players.

ummmm steve nash (the MVP) took the suns to the playoffs. show sum respect.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
07-18-2010, 05:33 PM

Well composed.. i don't think anyone could of said it better....

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tony_Starks
07-18-2010, 05:44 PM

With all due respect my man dreaming about potential free agents is what has got them where they are now. There's a very good chance that none of the players you mentioned will be free agents, especially with the new CBA and a potential lockout looming. Now is the time to lock in a deal before they change the contract structure and try to limit how much players can make.

Also that whole "using New York as a selling point" thing hasn't proved to succesful so far. By all accounts the free agents this year basically said that was pretty much all they had to offer in their presentation.

On a positive note Amare is there now as the face of the organization and a draw but a lot of their selling power will depend on how far he can get them this year. If he can get them to respectability and making some noise in the playoffs then its all good.

OA SLAY
07-18-2010, 05:51 PM

Please read bold.

homestarunner93
07-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Russian Center, what a beastly name.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-18-2010, 06:01 PM

Your post just essentially proved you haven't got a clue. (And I don't care what some analyst says, a lot of them aren't the brightest people either)

BTW, the fact that you have to refer to an analyst for your opinion shows you can't think for yourself.

What's funny is that Rondo's easily done more wining in his career than Rose. So if you want to go by winning, Rondo's better.

Or we could go by stats. In which case Rondo is also better. Here, ponder these stats:

PER
Rondo- 19.16
Rose- 18.60

TS%
Rondo- 54.0%
Rose- 53.2%

eFG%
Rondo- 51.7%
Rose- 49.5%

Ast%
Rondo- 38.4%
Rose- 21.2%

TO%
Rondo- 11.9%
Rose- 9.8%

Defensively, from basketball-reference
STL% (not the greatest statistic)
Rondo- 3.3% (led the league)
Rose- 1.0%

Defensive Rating (lower is better)
Rondo- 103
Rose- 109

Watching them defensively, its not easy to see Rondo's better either. After all, Rondo was on the All defensive team.

So basically what we have here is that Rondo's "won more" (which I'll admit is a pretty bad way to judge a player on its own), Rondo's a better passer (Rose's TO% is lower but not enough to make up for the drastic difference in Ast%), Rondo's a more efficient shooter, Rondo's PER is higher (which undervalues shooting but Rondo's better in that too), Rondo's better defensively by quite a bit. So what exactly is Rose better in?

This is why we have to hope the Darwin theory applies to you. Because you're not just a homer. And you can talk about me being a Knicks fan and not "understanding winning" but one thing I understand is personal bias when I see it, and you are def showing bias. I can look at the NBA objectively being a Knicks fan. And again, you can say I don't understand "winning" but hasn't Rondo "won" more than Rose?

Why is it that almost everyone who doesn't have some sort of bias thinks Rondo's better than Rose right now?

Also, you're speaking as if the Bulls keep winning but they haven't won a title since Jordan retired which was over a decade ago and basically also the last time the Knicks were good. How about this though, the Knicks were last in the finals (99) AFTER the Bulls (98). This doesn't really mean anything but don't talk as if you're a fan of the Lakers or Celtics (who've actually won more recently).

You can continue to argue with me and continue to look like a fool. Or you can stop like that Nets fan did.

YankeeFanAlways
07-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Funny how the same thread about the Nets and Sixers gets normal and civilized responses, but once the Knicks are involved all sort of reasoning goes out the window and it becomes a bashing thread. Regardless what you say about Amare he is one of the best in the game at his position. He is also the ONLY contract on the Knicks lasting longer than 2 years and aside from Curry the worst contract the Knicks have is a 2 year 15 million dollar Felton deal (Which was a steal because if it doesn't work out they can easily deal him next summer). This team already has a young roster with loads of potential and can easily make the playoffs this season. Gallo, Randolph, Douglas, Chandler, Walker are all nice young players. On top of all that they have cap space to easily sign a max next season without having to give up any of their core.
As for the Nets fans talking you guys are the little red headed step children of the NY area regardless of where you move and how many billboards you put up. If anyone told you that Outlaw, Farmar, Morrow and Petro would be your big offseason a few months ago you would agree that it would be a huge BUST. You really would rather have Outlaw for 7 million than Amare for 20??? Who the hell is outlaw?!?!?! You guys spent 20 million this year on Farmar, Morrow, Outlaw and Petro out of desperation because you needed to fill cap space minimum. To replace CDR, Yi, Boone, Dooling (about 10 mill a year) for Outlaw, Farmar, Morrow, Petro (about 20 mill a year) and think you are going from a 12 win team to a winner is RIDICULOUS!

Thanks bk...why are there so many Knicks haters on PSD? Is it because it's New York? What did we ever do to make so many of you hate us and want us to fail?

I believe we're finally headed in the right direction. I'm not saying championship, maybe not even the playoffs but at least now we have a plan. I know it's been a while since I could say that with conviction and believe it, so I guess for that you all can criticize us. But know this, NYKnicks fans are not banwagon fans. We follow and root for our tean no matter what. Can you all say the same thing about the way you root for your teams? Maybe you can, I don't know but I know one thing and that is I do not go into your forums or the NBA forum and say bad things about you and your teams. Why not simply give us the same courtesy?

You know the way the song goes, "if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere." That's what NY is all about. Accepting the challenge and meeting it head on. That's exactly what we're trying to do for the first time in many years. Why not wish us a bit of luck because let's face it, a strong NY team is good for the NBA. You should want us to come back strong.

OK...let the bashing begin...

knicks09
07-18-2010, 08:37 PM
and this is why you dont assume anything.

I wasn't assuming, you clearly implied it

omdigga
07-18-2010, 09:57 PM
russian center, what a beastly name.

mozzy!!!!

AddiX
07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
What everyone seems to not realize is that we had to rebuild no matter what.

Everyone continues to point to the off-season and say we failed because we missed on Bron.

But this team needed to be completely gutted no matter what free agents were on the market. 2 years was the minimal time it would take, and I'm surprised Walsh was able to do it.

knicksfan42
07-18-2010, 10:12 PM
and signing travis outlaw is better than giving amare stoudemaire 20 million dollars.

No its not, honestly Outlaw is like a C rank player whose best season was like 12 PPG 4 RPG. Was Amare overpaid? Maybe slightly, though he wasn't so much overpaid as he just received a contract for too many years.

Kashmir13579
07-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Your post just essentially proved you haven't got a clue. (And I don't care what some analyst says, a lot of them aren't the brightest people either)

BTW, the fact that you have to refer to an analyst for your opinion shows you can't think for yourself.

What's funny is that Rondo's easily done more wining in his career than Rose. So if you want to go by winning, Rondo's better.

Or we could go by stats. In which case Rondo is also better. Here, ponder these stats:

PER
Rondo- 19.16
Rose- 18.60

TS%
Rondo- 54.0%
Rose- 53.2%

eFG%
Rondo- 51.7%
Rose- 49.5%

Ast%
Rondo- 38.4%
Rose- 21.2%

TO%
Rondo- 11.9%
Rose- 9.8%

Rose- 1.0%

Rondo- 103
Rose- 109

Watching them defensively, its not easy to see Rondo's better either. After all, Rondo was on the All defensive team.

So basically what we have here is that Rondo's "won more" (which I'll admit is a pretty bad way to judge a player on its own), Rondo's a better passer (Rose's TO% is lower but not enough to make up for the drastic difference in Ast%), Rondo's a more efficient shooter, Rondo's PER is higher (which undervalues shooting but Rondo's better in that too), Rondo's better defensively by quite a bit. So what exactly is Rose better in?

This is why we have to hope the Darwin theory applies to you. Because you're not just a homer. And you can talk about me being a Knicks fan and not "understanding winning" but one thing I understand is personal bias when I see it, and you are def showing bias. I can look at the NBA objectively being a Knicks fan. And again, you can say I don't understand "winning" but hasn't Rondo "won" more than Rose?

Why is it that almost everyone who doesn't have some sort of bias thinks Rondo's better than Rose right now?

Also, you're speaking as if the Bulls keep winning but they haven't won a title since Jordan retired which was over a decade ago and basically also the last time the Knicks were good. How about this though, the Knicks were last in the finals (99) AFTER the Bulls (98). This doesn't really mean anything but don't talk as if you're a fan of the Lakers or Celtics (who've actually won more recently).

You can continue to argue with me and continue to look like a fool. Or you can stop like that Nets fan did.

you shut em down like bruce bowen

tangent12
07-18-2010, 10:18 PM
I think the Knicks have a nice enough team to fight for a playoff spot, I really do. I still see them struggling to get in and i'd say they have a 50-50 chance of making them or being left out by a few games.

knicksfan42
07-18-2010, 10:19 PM
I think the Knicks have a nice enough team to fight for a playoff spot, I really do. I still see them struggling to get in and i'd say they have a 50-50 chance of making them or being left out by a few games.

I think they'll just make it in at 7th or 8th seed.

tangent12
07-18-2010, 10:27 PM
I think they'll just make it in at 7th or 8th seed.

No doubt, no doubt. To be honest with you i'm just going off of the additions alone without going into the chemistry/motivation impact.. BUT if the team gets pumped up and is motivated due to their new additions and goals, I can see them surprising a lot of people. I can see players stepping up because now Amare is there and he brings that winning mentality and focus to the team. If they buy into it and Amare has the right impact on that locker room, I wouldn't be shocked if they slipped to a higher seed.

However, that'd be speculating a tad too much so i'm keeping it more simple but I could see that totally happening.

netsgiantsyanks
07-18-2010, 10:33 PM
I wasn't assuming, you clearly implied it

never said amare sucked but finicially wise, 20 million bucks for amare isnt a great idea

omdigga
07-18-2010, 10:37 PM
never said amare sucked but finicially wise, 20 million bucks for amare isnt a great idea

i rather overpay for amare then end up with travis outlaw..
plus it didnt kill our cap.. im pretty sure that if the nets had the chance, they would pay him as well..

What?
07-18-2010, 10:57 PM

PER
Rondo- 19.16
Rose- 18.60

TS%
Rondo- 54.0%
Rose- 53.2%

eFG%
Rondo- 51.7%
Rose- 49.5%

Ast%
Rondo- 38.4%
Rose- 21.2%

TO%
Rondo- 11.9%
Rose- 9.8%

Rose- 1.0%

Rondo- 103
Rose- 109

Hasn't it been over 30 years since the Knicks won a finals. Oh and why is it that when the Knicks were good in the 90s they didn't win anything I wonder...

How come half those stats were wrong???

Rose TO% 12.5
Rondo TO% 19.3

Rose Ast% 30.3
Rondo Ast% 43.3

When a ts% is only .008 different and the lower one scores 7.3 more points per game don't try and make it out like Rondo is a better scorer... Rondo only shoots when he is wide open

PER is they worst stat DJ White had a per of 25.9 Carmelo Anthony had a per of 22.3 does that mean DJ White is better then Carmelo Anthony well I think so and I have the stats to prove it :rolleyes:

Anthony TS%- .548
White TS%- .650

Anthony eFG%- .478
White eFG%-.610

Anthony TRB%- 9.9
White TRB%- 12.9

White Stl%- 2.5
Anthony Stl%- 1.7

Anthony TOV%- 10.6
White TOV%- 6.2

Anthony Drtg- 109
White Drtg- 103

So clearly White is the better play incase you didn't know DJ White played 102 minutes last season in 12 games averaging just under 5ppg

KnicksR4Real
07-18-2010, 11:18 PM
This isnt on topic

blazerman
07-18-2010, 11:32 PM
I think the Knicks will be far better than last season but will still come up short of the playoffs. Randolph and Amare will excel in D'Antoni's system (Amare are proven in D'Antoni's system), Felton should as well.

I think the Knicks will try and acquire some more talent at some point during the nerxt season with their remaining cap space.

Personally I would like to see the Knicks become relevant again, I always enjoyed watching Pacer/knicks, Heat/Knicks and Knicks/Bulls playoff series.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Hasn't it been over 30 years since the Knicks won a finals. Oh and why is it that when the Knicks were good in the 90s they didn't win anything I wonder...

How come half those stats were wrong???

Rose TO% 12.5
Rondo TO% 19.3

Rose Ast% 30.3
Rondo Ast% 43.3

When a ts% is only .008 different and the lower one scores 7.3 more points per game don't try and make it out like Rondo is a better scorer... Rondo only shoots when he is wide open

PER is they worst stat DJ White had a per of 25.9 Carmelo Anthony had a per of 22.3 does that mean DJ White is better then Carmelo Anthony well I think so and I have the stats to prove it :rolleyes:

Anthony TS%- .548
White TS%- .650

Anthony eFG%- .478
White eFG%-.610

Anthony TRB%- 9.9
White TRB%- 12.9

White Stl%- 2.5
Anthony Stl%- 1.7

Anthony TOV%- 10.6
White TOV%- 6.2

Anthony Drtg- 109
White Drtg- 103

So clearly White is the better play incase you didn't know DJ White played 102 minutes last season in 12 games averaging just under 5ppg

Because I used the stats from ESPN.com. Don't believe me, here's the link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?position=pg&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fposition%3dpg

Basketball reference calculates their statistics differently. I shouldn't have said Ast%, TO%, etc, I should have said Ast Ratio, TO ratio like they do on ESPN. Basketball-reference's stats are easier to calculate. I could've used those, they still show Rondo's better.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
I didn't say Rondo was a better scorer, I said he's a more efficient shooter (its a slight difference but regardless Rondo's TS% and eFG% are higher) There's a difference. I'll take the more efficient shooter. I don't want someone chucking up bad shots (I'm not saying Rose does), I want him taking good shots. Either way, PG are considered the best when they pass more.

BTW, Rondo's FG% is higher than Rose too. So you don't even have to use TS% or eFG%.

And good for Rondo for shooting only when he's wide open. It's called smart basketball. Would you rather him take contested low percentage shots? :rolleyes:

Either way, the stats you provided show the same thing. And actually, those stats are easier to understand so perhaps I should've used those. Either way, same result.

I didn't say PER is the be all and end all. It's just one of many stats I used. And in case you noticed, you answered your own question there- that guy played 102 minutes, which means he didn't have enough to QUALIFY (you have to have played more than 500 minutes).

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics

You'll notice here that White is nowhere NEAR that list. Why? Because he didn't log enough minutes.

You don't understand any of this stuff though do you? You just chose any player you could find (who obviously didn't have enough minutes) and used that. But I suppose using COUNTING stats instead of rate stats makes more sense? I understand 5th grade logic like this can be difficult. I mean clearly you don't understand what the word SAMPLE SIZE means. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size

What if you throw up 50 shots a game and make 10 of them and average around 22 ppg, does that mean you're a good player? According to you, it does.

If there's more possessions in a game, aren't you naturally going to allow more points in that game? Not every game has the same amount of possessions. Hopefully these kinds of questions aren't over your head.

Another example, in baseball if you go 1-1 and have a 1.000 batting average (like Clay Buccholz for example) but don't play the rest of the year, does that mean you're better than say Albert Pujols? That is the logic you are trying to use and its terrible.

In any case, I suggest you go back to High School and learn what the word sample size means.

Edit: For the record, I don't have any kind of grudge against Rose or any personal bias towards Rondo. I'm just calling it like I see it. Rose is a very good PG, he was the 6th best PG last year behind Billups, Nash, Rondo, Deron, and Paul. If you want to take out Paul since he didn't play much, Rose was 5th. I'm not crazy like that guy in your sig, he's def not that low but I'm also not biased to the point of blindness like you are.

That's great but its still been a long time since the Bulls won. It's not like the Bulls are the Celts or Lakers- this past decade hasn't been that kind to the Bulls either.

Ya know, its Bulls fans like you and that other one who are the reason why everyone doesn't respect the Bulls' fanbase. Your homerism is beyond anything any other fanbase has. You guys don't seem to have any objectivity. Knicks fans, we know our team has sucked but we don't talk down to other fanbases as if we've been the kings of the NBA the last couple years. You guys haven't.

I'm not saying all Bulls fans are like this but there seems to be quite a few.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-19-2010, 12:11 AM

No, he's overpaid. Everyone knows that. The Knicks tried to get him to lure Lebron though, and I think everyone knows that too. They were unsuccessful.

In any case, Lee may be more productive bang for the buck but if Amare can lure guys like Carmelo next year, or CP3, etc, then its worth it. That's something that Lee can't do, even if he is almost as good as Amare. Thats why they overpaid for Amare. And it sounds like he's already got a head start on the Carmelo wooing. We'll see if it works out.

What?
07-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Because I used the stats from ESPN.com. Don't believe me, here's the link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?position=pg&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fposition%3dpg

Basketball reference calculates their statistics differently. I shouldn't have said Ast%, TO%, etc, I should have said Ast Ratio, TO ratio like they do on ESPN. Basketball-reference's stats are easier to calculate. I could've used those, they still show Rondo's better.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
I didn't say Rondo was a better scorer, I said he's a more efficient shooter (its a slight difference but regardless Rondo's TS% and eFG% are higher) There's a difference. I'll take the more efficient shooter. I don't want someone chucking up bad shots (I'm not saying Rose does), I want him taking good shots. Either way, PG are considered the best when they pass more.

BTW, Rondo's FG% is higher than Rose too. So you don't even have to use TS% or eFG%.

And good for Rondo for shooting only when he's wide open. It's called smart basketball. Would you rather him take contested low percentage shots? :rolleyes:

Either way, the stats you provided show the same thing.

I didn't say PER is the be all and end all. It's just one of many stats I used. And in case you noticed, you answered your own question there- that guy played 102 minutes, which means he didn't have enough to QUALIFY (you have to have played more than 500 minutes).

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics

You'll notice here that White is nowhere NEAR that list. Why? Because he didn't log enough minutes.

You don't understand any of this stuff though do you? You just chose any player you could find (who obviously didn't have enough minutes) and used that. But I suppose using COUNTING stats instead of rate stats makes more sense? I understand 5th grade logic like this can be difficult. I mean clearly you don't understand what the word SAMPLE SIZE means. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size

What if you throw up 50 shots a game and make 10 of them and average around 22 ppg, does that mean you're a good player? According to you, it does.

If there's more possessions in a game, aren't you naturally going to allow more points in that game? Not every game has the same amount of possessions. Hopefully these kinds of questions aren't over your head.

Obviously White doesn't qualify nor is he better then Melo I guess you don't understand the meaning of sarcasm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

I was just pointing out that the stats you showed don't mean ****

Top players Kobe, Lebron, Wade, create there own shot thats why they average 20+ppg. Rondo can't Rose can.

Where in the world did I say "What if you throw up 50 shots a game and make 10 of them and average around 22 ppg, does that mean you're a good player? According to you, it does." I said that 7.3ppg more is better then a slightly higher fg%.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Obviously White doesn't qualify nor is he better then Melo I guess you don't understand the meaning of sarcasm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Top players Kobe, Lebron, Wade, create there own shot thats why they average 20+ppg. Rondo can't Rose can.

Where in the world did I say "What if you throw up 50 shots a game and make 10 of them and average around 22 ppg, does that mean you're a good player? According to you, it does." I said that 7.3ppg more is better then a slightly higher fg%.

Did you not comprehend my post? Read it again. I know what you were trying to do.

You were trying to use White and Carmelo to show that the stats I was using don't work. I told you that your comparison was bad because White didn't QUALIFY. What part of that don't you understand? Did you click on the link?

When looking at rate stats, obviously you still have to keep sample size in mind.

Read the example I gave about batting average. Its why sample size is necessary. Did you click on the ESPN link? Did you see anyone in the top that doesn't deserve to be there? With the exception of Oden, who probably played like 501 minutes, most of those guys are considered the best.

And I'm not saying PER is the greatest stat because it undervalues shooting and it doesn't take into account defense. Thats why I gave some other stats.

Rondo is better scoring at the rim (Rondo's FG% at the Rim is 64.2% vs. Rose's 55.1%). So obviously, Rondo can create his own shot too, he just blows by people and does it better than Rose. Rose actually does have a better jumpshot. Still, the rest of Rondo's game is better (defense and passing are def better)

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Derrick%20Rose
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Rajon%20Rondo

Obviously the top players create their own shot. Duh.

I didn't say you said that. I'm trying to explain these stats to you, which clearly you don't have the brain power to understand.

He averages 7.3 ppg because HE TAKES MORE SHOTS. If Rondo takes the same amount of shots as Rose, Rondo's ppg will be higher than Rose because he shoots a higher percentage (I would assume Rondo wouldn't change his shot selection). It's not rocket science. What part of that do you not understand?

PatsSoxKnicks
07-19-2010, 01:01 AM

Here's an example using your favorite stat, ppg. Arenas averaged 22.6 ppg which is more than Roy, Joe Johnson, Rose, etc.

Of course, Arenas only played 32 games.

Or here's a better example, in 05-06, Amare average 8.7 ppg. So that year he was obviously not very good right?

This is the same logic you're trying to use with the stats I provided you. That's why your comparison of White and Carmelo doesn't work when trying to show the stats I was providing weren't good.

What?
07-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Did you not comprehend my post? Read it again. I know what you were trying to do.

You were trying to use White and Carmelo to show that the stats I was using don't work. I told you that your comparison was bad because White didn't QUALIFY. What part of that don't you understand? Did you click on the link?

When looking at rate stats, obviously you still have to keep sample size in mind.

Read the example I gave about batting average. Its why sample size is necessary. Did you click on the ESPN link? Did you see anyone in the top that doesn't deserve to be there? With the exception of Oden, who probably played like 501 minutes, most of those guys are considered the best.

And I'm not saying PER is the greatest stat because it undervalues shooting. Thats why I gave some other stats.

Rondo is better scoring at the rim (Rondo's FG% at the Rim is 64.2% vs. Rose's 55.1%). So obviously, Rondo can create his own shot too, he just blows by people and does it better than Rose. Rose actually does have a better jumpshot. Still, the rest of Rondo's game is better (defense and passing are def better)

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Derrick%20Rose
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Rajon%20Rondo

Obviously the top players create their own shot. Duh.

I didn't say you said that. I'm trying to explain these stats to you, which clearly you don't have the brain power to understand.

He averages 7.3 ppg because HE TAKES MORE SHOTS. If Rondo takes the same amount of shots as Rose, Rondo's ppg will be higher than Rose because he shoots a higher percentage. It's not rocket science. What part of that do you not understand?

Just because your fg% is higher doesn't mean if you take more shots it stays the same can you not comprehend this more shots decrease fg% most of the time

Here is another example since the last one wasn't good enough for you

Russell Westbrook TS%- .491
Lou Williams TS%- .576

Russell Westbrook AST%- 28.6
Lou Williams AST%- 23.2

Russell Westbrook TO%- 11.8
Lou Williams TO%- 9.2

Russell Westbrook PER 17.9
Lou Williams PER 18.25

is Lou Williams better then Westbrook also if Lou Williams took as many shots as Lebron would he still average that .576 TS% same with Rondo would he average that .540 TS%

But I am tired of debating nerd stats with you clearly no matter what I say your not changing your mind so am wasting my time on a lost cause good night

tangent12
07-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Stat Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.filmwise.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley_popcorn.gif

PatsSoxKnicks
07-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Just because your fg% is higher doesn't mean if you take more shots it stays the same can you not comprehend this more shots decrease fg% most of the time

Here is another example since the last one wasn't good enough for you

Russell Westbrook TS%- .491
Lou Williams TS%- .576

Russell Westbrook AST%- 28.6
Lou Williams AST%- 23.2

Russell Westbrook TO%- 11.8
Lou Williams TO%- 9.2

Russell Westbrook PER 17.9
Lou Williams PER 18.25

is Lou Williams better then Westbrook also if Lou Williams took as many shots as Lebron would he still average that .576 TS% same with Rondo would he average that .540 TS%

But I am tired of debating nerd stats with you clearly no matter what I say your not changing your mind so am wasting my time on a lost cause good night

This is like arguing with a brick wall. :facepalm:

I said if his shot selection stays the same which I don't see why it shouldn't. Is he going to start taking shots he can't make all of a sudden because he's taking more shots? I suppose he might. Ok, I'll give you that. (Actually, the more shots you take, the more its going to regress to your true shooting ability, so in this case, looking at career numbers would be ideal- though Rose doesn't have much of a career to go on)

In any case, even if Rose was a better scorer, why does it matter? Rondo's still a better passer and he's still better defensively. Rondo's also a better rebounder too.

There's more to the game than just PPG. I'm not saying ppg is bad but why is it the only thing you look at? What about assists, rebounds, and defense?

Did you look at your own stats there? Westbrook is a better passer. The stats aren't all in favor of Lou. And I believe Westbrook is also better defensively (I'm not sure as I haven't watched Lou individually but I think Westbrook is pretty good defensively for a PG). I never said you should only user PER. And I would say Lou is probably pretty underrated. Westbrook has broken out due to his playoffs. Good for him. In any case, since for a PG, I'm looking for passing ability, Westbrook is better.

All I said was Rondo is a more efficient shooter, which he is. I didn't say he's a better scorer. Rose's jumpshot is better, so he probably is a better scorer. But for the billionth time, why is it only scoring that matters? What about passing, defense and rebounding?

And did you not see Rondo's FG% at the rim? It's quite a bit higher than Rose. I provided the links earlier.

"nerd stats" is often a term people use when they don't have the brain power to understand something. Also, "nerds" generally make more money than everyone else unless you're a professional athlete, which obviously you aren't. You make a lot of money on Wall Street. After all, who do you think OWNS most of these teams? Yup, nerds. (If you weren't able to put this together, the people on Wall Street have math/finance backgrounds and use a lot of numbers)

BTW, why is there no punctuation in your posts? Its a bunch of words all scrambled together. It's like trying to decipher hieroglyphics. (A joke but seriously why no punctuation, it makes it really annoying to read)

x23cbru24x
07-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Im actually Diggin the Nets Roster more than i am the Knicks..

Kobe5RingKing
07-19-2010, 01:45 AM
Mike D antonoi is trying to make the knick: suns 2.0

HOPE IT WORKS!!!

PatsSoxKnicks
07-19-2010, 02:11 AM
This isnt on topic

Yeah sorry about that. If you go back in the thread, one of the Bulls fans went in here just to hate on the Knicks while contributing absolutely nothing.

I reacted with a Rondo is better than Rose post (which I'll admit, maybe I shouldn't have done, guess I'm just in a confrontational mood today), the initial Bulls fan left but it appears other Bulls fans are now throwing a hissy fit for him.

x23cbru24x
07-19-2010, 09:36 PM

HOPE IT WORKS!!!

:clap:

defender4m
07-19-2010, 09:38 PM

HOPE IT WORKS!!!

Yea a team that can't win in the playoffs

x23cbru24x
07-19-2010, 09:40 PM
suns were a beast team with dantoni...the knciks will be good too

defender4m
07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Not champship good

x23cbru24x
07-19-2010, 09:45 PM
really...and how so...the east sucks

defender4m
07-19-2010, 09:48 PM
The heat is back and magic is good and celtics and hawks and bucks and the nets r tank

x23cbru24x
07-19-2010, 09:50 PM
all of them except nets r playoffs if nets can get some young talent playing good i can see but theyll beat out the bobcats and cavs

jeter 2
07-19-2010, 09:51 PM
With all due respect my man dreaming about potential free agents is what has got them where they are now. There's a very good chance that none of the players you mentioned will be free agents, especially with the new CBA and a potential lockout looming. Now is the time to lock in a deal before they change the contract structure and try to limit how much players can make.

Also that whole "using New York as a selling point" thing hasn't proved to succesful so far. By all accounts the free agents this year basically said that was pretty much all they had to offer in their presentation.

On a positive note Amare is there now as the face of the organization and a draw but a lot of their selling power will depend on how far he can get them this year. If he can get them to respectability and making some noise in the playoffs then its all good.

Well whats the difference between hoping to get free agents than getting lucky in the draft? Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul probably would be better than the #1 pick in most drafts. I'd rather have a chance at signing both of them than a pick from 6 and onward.

leoncito
07-19-2010, 09:54 PM
What a waste of cap space

xxplayerxx23
07-19-2010, 10:18 PM
What a waste of cap space

How do u figure we got good young talent:mad: Your stupid and we can still get mello paul etc next year so it was a good offseason

x23cbru24x
07-19-2010, 10:32 PM
yess knicks got good young talent and cap space that many teams do not have so they r looking good

KnicksR4Real
07-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Why is that everyone hates us?

x23cbru24x
07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Why is that everyone hates us?

thats what i am saying...everyone will just watch and see :clap:

PatsSoxKnicks
07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
The heat is back and magic is good and celtics and hawks and bucks and the nets r tank

lol at including the Nets in that sentence.

Yea a team that can't win in the playoffs

They might've won that year when Amare and Diaw left the bench and were suspended. And actually that year the Suns were ABOVE AVERAGE defensively. Yes they were actually good defensively that year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2007.html

Defensive Rating is the amount of points you allow per 100 possessions- so it adjusts for PACE. Which the Suns play at a higher Pace. In terms of FG%, they were right around average but the Suns rarely fouled anyone. So teams didn't get to the line against them.

The whole idea that D'Antoni's system doesn't work in the playoffs isn't true. His system is based on playing at a faster pace and tiring out the opposing team. The reason his teams haven't won is because his teams have never played good defense on a possession by possession basis (the exception being the 06-07 team). That was mainly due to the fact that the Suns never had an interior presence- look at the Suns teams, they never had anyone who was really big who could play Center. The reason for that was because they'd sell their 1st round picks because the Owner was a cheapskate. Give D'Antoni's teams a Center who could play good defense and maybe his teams win. The Knicks owner is not a cheapskate (even if he is an idiot), and the Knicks have already acquired some size (Mozgov) which is something Mike's teams have never had in Phoenix.

His system is not the reason his teams lost, it's the personnel he had. He never had a legitimate Center, that's why he didn't win. But what is wrong with playing at a faster pace? As long as you play defense on each POSSESSION, then yeah the team may score a lot of points but thats because you're playing at a faster pace. You're still actually playing good defense. Thats why looking at opposing PPG isn't always good. Looking at FG% defense can give a better indication (and there are some even better stats). In fact, the more talent you have, the more possessions you are going to want to have. Inferior teams have a chance of pulling off the upset when the amount of possessions in the game is lower.

NYKNYGNYY
07-19-2010, 11:03 PM
ahhhh love the hatein...itll only make it better they might not be contendors this year but theyll be decent...im just waitin for carmello then its a wrapppppp....except for the threesome:facepalm:

defender4m
07-19-2010, 11:07 PM
lol at including the Nets in that sentence.

yea gotta rep them (even if they might not belong there :D)

AddiX
07-19-2010, 11:19 PM
The reason Antonio's old teams haven't won rings is because they were against Championship caliber teams.

No shame in losing to the Lakers or Spurs.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-19-2010, 11:23 PM
The reason Antonio's old teams haven't won rings is because they were against Championship caliber teams.

No shame in losing to the Lakers or Spurs.

The reason they lost is quite simple: Tim Duncan. No one on the Suns was big enough to stop him. He'd go bonkers on the Suns because they had no interior defensive presence. That's a personnel problem. Championship teams always have size and the Suns never had size.

MSG34
07-19-2010, 11:26 PM
What's so horrible about the knicks roster? We made moves to bring in more talent and even acquired cheap young talent with loads of potential. We have plenty of flexibility to either sign a top FA next year or make a trade, or even attempt to develop our team and hope they live up to potential and go from there.

fin_frenzy_84
07-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Knicks have a solid roster now... I think it has potential to be a playoff team but more like 8th or 7th seed.

Tony_Starks
07-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Well whats the difference between hoping to get free agents than getting lucky in the draft? Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul probably would be better than the #1 pick in most drafts. I'd rather have a chance at signing both of them than a pick from 6 and onward.

Hoping to get FA's is one thing, planning your team under the assumption that you'll land one is another. I mean if one of those guys falls in your lap later down the line then hey its all good but until then why even mention them? Why not concentrate on the current roster on hand and ways to maximize the talent you have?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-20-2010, 04:32 PM

lmao it's true

disk 8
07-20-2010, 05:41 PM
no

x23cbru24x
07-22-2010, 01:28 AM
if knciks get paul via trade this offseason...thisll get melo reved up for a big three commin to NY next year...u think this team is better then the heat if these two aquisitions happen???

heathonater
07-22-2010, 01:53 AM
in a perfect world, they would have gotten james and bosh this offseason, but they still have enough cap room left to either go after future free agents or try to get a star through a trade. they still have some work to do before they reach the upper half of the eastern conference, but with a couple trades and free agent acquisitions they could get there.