PDA

View Full Version : Most old school never respects new school players

BronBron06
07-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Remember the time of 2004 Olympics

No Wonder USA got Bronze, Larry Brown rather play Stephon Marbury, Lamar Odom who are inconsistent than Amare, LeBron, Carmelo, Wade

Remember that issue, yet still many people blamed LeBron and Co. not the freaking Larry Brown.

Now this issue, LeBron fiasco, many writers bashed, crucified the Chosen One, its funny though talking about UPSETTING THE BALANCE

NBA WRITERS / ANALYSTS (Obviously haters & Old school fans) are alright with LA and Celtics MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIPS, hypocrites.

Isnt that not balanced itself in the league.... in the 1st place

Did LeBron, Wade, Bosh as individuals disrupted Timberwolves or Memphis from going to the playoffs? They did not, who destroyed their chances? Who sent them down below at bottom?

Seriously... people need to understand the new generation, learn and ask why they are doing that, rather than talk nonsense about it.

Even Definition changes over years, probably the word "COMPETITION" meaning was changed by the new school, something old school never appreciated

carter15
07-17-2010, 11:51 PM
I wonder if you're a Lebron fan..

Wade>You
07-17-2010, 11:52 PM
IMO, there was no "balance" in this league. The Lakers had made the last 3 Finals appearance, winning 2, and they were going to win 4 more titles since the only team that could challenge them is the Celtics (which we all know are not getting younger). It was a one-team league, except for some reason, the average fan was more content with it being a one-team league rather than having parity.

ANKUSH
07-18-2010, 12:05 AM
I think what people are frustrated about (ironically before the season even begins) is the ability for one team to clear that much cap space and get 3 of the top 15 players in the league. What the Celtics and Lakers did was through trade. Those teams are successful because they are creative and inventive in their pursuit of great players. And I do not think it's a coincidence that a former Laker masterminded the cap space clearance. But, the deal with Lebron/ESPN, the constant twittering from Bosh leads most people to feel that the Heat are acting like entitled *****es. And most people can't stand others that celebrate before winning anything. You might not like the Lakers, Celtics, Yankees, but a lot of people respect them. I do not think many people respect the Heat.

show34
07-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Thats so far from the truth your new school style athletes in the nba they dont care about nothing but themselves with the exception of dwade and maybe rondo anything after 96 is blahh forgive me if i missed anyone

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-18-2010, 12:22 AM
If this came from any1 not named bron bron I mightve taken this seriously...

Wade>You
07-18-2010, 12:23 AM
I think what people are frustrated about (ironically before the season even begins) is the ability for one team to clear that much cap space and get 3 of the top 15 players in the league. What the Celtics and Lakers did was through trade. Those teams are successful because they are creative and inventive in their pursuit of great players. And I do not think it's a coincidence that a former Laker masterminded the cap space clearance. But, the deal with Lebron/ESPN, the constant twittering from Bosh leads most people to feel that the Heat are acting like entitled *****es. And most people can't stand others that celebrate before winning anything. You might not like the Lakers, Celtics, Yankees, but a lot of people respect them. I do not think many people respect the Heat.Just so you know: LBJ and Bosh were S&T'd. What Miami did was BRILLIANT because they made themselves a threat to acquire those two by having the cap space, thus giving themselves leverage in trade negotiations. Once Bosh and James committed to join Miami, their respective teams lost all leverage in negotiations. They could only hope to get something back in return.

PrettyBoyJ
07-18-2010, 12:24 AM
The way I see it old school players are never gonna agree with whats goin on now because it wasnt enforced in there days.. (and I think they get jealous when players get those big contracts, which they never got in there career).. but the NBA to me always been one sided there never was a decade where there wasnt a dynasty team or teams who went to the finals a lot.. Lakers in 00s, Bulls 90s, Laker/Celtics 80s, Celtics before that.. I think ppl are mad @ LBJ becuz he quit on CLE and his legacy by signing with the heats

The Flash
07-18-2010, 12:39 AM
It's kind of the same thing when a lot of us say that everything was better back in the day...And yeah a little bit of jealousy both because of the money and the spotlight and maybe lifestyle that they don't get anymore

BobSagetSucks
07-18-2010, 12:42 AM
the reason USA got bronze in 2004 is because Kobe Bryant didnt play

Enemey
07-18-2010, 01:40 AM

No Wonder USA got Bronze, Larry Brown rather play Stephon Marbury, Lamar Odom who are inconsistent than Amare, LeBron, Carmelo, Wade

Remember that issue, yet still many people blamed LeBron and Co. not the freaking Larry Brown.

Now this issue, LeBron fiasco, many writers bashed, crucified the Chosen One, its funny though talking about UPSETTING THE BALANCE

NBA WRITERS / ANALYSTS (Obviously haters & Old school fans) are alright with LA and Celtics MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIPS, hypocrites.

Did LeBron, Wade, Bosh as individuals disrupted Timberwolves or Memphis from going to the playoffs? They did not, who destroyed their chances? Who sent them down below at bottom?

Seriously... people need to understand the new generation, learn and ask why they are doing that, rather than talk nonsense about it.

Even Definition changes over years, probably the word "COMPETITION" meaning was changed by the new school, something old school never appreciated
When Memphis traded Gasol they were already at the bottom.....

BronBron06
07-18-2010, 01:42 AM
You people should also try to remember

Who Karl Malone is, he's a great player from utah jazz
Whenever people talk about him it's all about
0 rings

Tim Duncan is better than him because of rings

Try to picture LeBron in the same situation around 20 years from now.
If he sticked with Cleveland who obviously will have 0 rings

even if LeBron James is all that great.... in the end people will still hate him.

It's better to have 0 than none right? At least Robert Horry, though not that great, is still in the conversation about RINGS, unlike Malone.

GET THE PICTURE?

What's the competition if it's already obvious Lakers will be #1 in the West right and has a high chance of winning the Title.

Or

Are some fans / players are bashing LeBron since he's at the most vulnerable point of his life/career where people are making him a bad guy or some sort, but at the same time has the possibility to become a legend with Wade, Bosh and the rest of the Miami Heat this next decade of 2010-2020.

People are still stuck with the mentality of the greatest individual, but in basketball it's about the best team that is formed what matters the most, right?

Enemey
07-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Just so you know: LBJ and Bosh were S&T'd. What Miami did was BRILLIANT because they made themselves a threat to acquire those two by having the cap space, thus giving themselves leverage in trade negotiations. Once Bosh and James committed to join Miami, their respective teams lost all leverage in negotiations. They could only hope to get something back in return.

S&T = Max Contract= More money and years for players.

BronBron06
07-18-2010, 01:49 AM
When Memphis traded Gasol they were already at the bottom.....

Ummm in 2005-06 Memphis was in the playoffs

in 2006-07 Grizzlies suffered a crippling blow when Gasol broke his left foot while playing for Spain in the World Championships. The Grizzlies started the season 5–17 without Gasol, and then went 1–7 while he was limited to about 25 minutes per game

Injury = Bottom standings is reasonable anyway.... but they are not perennial Losers like what Lakers fans wants people to think

black1605
07-18-2010, 01:51 AM
really poor English OP

Enemey
07-18-2010, 01:58 AM

in 2006-07 Grizzlies suffered a crippling blow when Gasol broke his left foot while playing for Spain in the World Championships. The Grizzlies started the season 5–17 without Gasol, and then went 1–7 while he was limited to about 25 minutes per game

Injury = Bottom standings is reasonable anyway.... but they are not perennial Losers like what Lakers fans wants people to think

Yea but he didnt get traded in 2007 he got traded in early 2008..... and they still sucked

Poohdini
07-18-2010, 02:00 AM

0 rings

even if LeBron James is all that great.... in the end people will still hate him.

It's better to have 0 than none right? At least Robert Horry, though not that great, is still in the conversation about RINGS, unlike Malone.

GET THE PICTURE?

What's the competition if it's already obvious Lakers will be #1 in the West right and has a high chance of winning the Title.

Or

Are some fans / players are bashing LeBron since he's at the most vulnerable point of his life/career where people are making him a bad guy or some sort, but at the same time has the possibility to become a legend with Wade, Bosh and the rest of the Miami Heat this next decade of 2010-2020.

People are still stuck with the mentality of the greatest individual, but in basketball it's about the best team that is formed what matters the most, right?

1. You're a LeBron homer
2. "If he sticked with Cleveland who obviously will have 0 rings" You have got to be kidding me.

Enemey
07-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Nvm .

BronBron06
07-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Yea but he didnt get traded in 2007 he got traded in early 2008..... and they still sucked

Remember the talks back in the days:
The Memphis are obviously throwing games , look on how Memphis GM thinks on getting lots of top 1st drafts picks to back up Gasol.

Kevj77
07-18-2010, 02:15 AM

Injury = Bottom standings is reasonable anyway.... but they are not perennial Losers like what Lakers fans wants people to thinkWhy do you think Lakers fans want people to think Memphis were losers? You never get equal value trading an all-star, Memphis wanted to dump Gasol and his contract. Lakers had the largest expiring contract that year at the deadline. Teams want expiring contracts, picks and young talent when they make a trade like that. Lakers gave them all three. I'd think someone with the user name BronBron6 would understand the value of cap space now, even if they didn't before Miami cleared all that space and shocked the NBA.

BronBron06
07-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Remember even Heisley (Memphis Owner) wondered whether his general manager, Chris Wallace, blew it by caving so soon to the Lakers.

“I don’t know if I got the most value,” Heisley confessed. “Maybe our people should’ve shopped (Gasol) more and maybe we would’ve gotten more, done a better deal. Maybe Chris did call every team in the league. I don’t think he did, but maybe he should’ve…”

Around the league, nothing will change this belief: Whatever the reasoning, this was one of the NBA’s worst trades in years. Most of all, rival executives wonder why they never had a chance to submit a best offer. For Gasol, the 7-footer who transformed the Lakers in the absence of Andrew Bynum, the Grizzlies were willing to take back the expiring contract of Kwame Brown, rookie point guard Javaris Crittenton, two future No. 1 picks and the draft rights to Gasol’s brother, Marc.

The one-sided nature of the trade inspired a lot of people to believe that retired Memphis GM, Jerry West, a Lakers’ legend, played a part in facilitating the deal. West was instrumental recruiting Wallace as his replacement in Memphis and still holds a close relationship with Heisley. His history in Los Angeles, especially his bond with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak and star Kobe Bryant, made even the fair-minded cynical about the scenario.

On Jerry West....if dumping salary was the only intention, I'm sure he could have gotten that from a whole plethora of teams with much better return!!!

But seriously Let's go back to the topic at hand...

Enemey
07-18-2010, 02:46 AM
Pau Gasol trade = OJ mayo( Because they Sucked so bad they dropped to the bottom) , Randolph( through FA ), Marc Gasol + Future Round Picks... I say thats a good deal dont you? Marc Gasol is a beast too

Cavs S&T= ???
Raptors= ???
Hmmmm....

That answers why people dont hate on that trade more then Lebron NOT sayin anything to the CAVS FO ignoring Dans Calls and MSG.

CALIABQLKRS
07-18-2010, 03:05 AM
Whether u are a lebron fan, wade fan or kobe fan.. you cannot be serious about calling out "old skool" people.. theres one thing that people forget about todays league.. its all about the money! Thats why there will be a lockout soon.. its greed that is gnna kill my fav sport to watch.. its pretty sad to think it got to the point where 3 guys on one offseason are signing 100 million dollar contracts for one team.. thats why old skool players will always refer to the current NBA as a league full of primadonnas and crybabies who make more money than they ever did.. call it being jealous or hating or whatever. But this is a dying league.. I really hope im wrong, i hope theres more kevin durant type players than bosh type players.. if not, consider the league done in 10 yrs. I just wonder who is gnna watch after kobe and Tim duncan nash, and the bos 3 all retire.. who are people gnna pay to watch? So far for me, other than a laker game, i would only pay to watch KD and Derron williams.

CowboysKB24
07-18-2010, 03:11 AM
Some people on this site are becoming so stupid.

CowboysKB24
07-18-2010, 03:13 AM
IMO, there was no "balance" in this league. The Lakers had made the last 3 Finals appearance, winning 2, and they were going to win 4 more titles since the only team that could challenge them is the Celtics (which we all know are not getting younger). It was a one-team league, except for some reason, the average fan was more content with it being a one-team league rather than having parity.

Ohhh please maybe if LBJ could actually come and play during the playoffs we would have saw a Kobe vs LBJ like we all wanted. But he could not make it there. He was back to back regular season champs and back to back mvps and was a no show in the playoffs. When you have the best regular season record against playoff teams and overall, you should win in the playoffs. When you don't you have pressure problems... LBJ can't handle it, which then filters out to his teammates.

Last year was the best year the NBA has had in decades, probably since Jordan. The Finals were absolutely awesome. It was a fight to the final minute of game seven. It was not a one team league, now it is.

Wade>You
07-18-2010, 04:11 AM
Ohhh please maybe if LBJ could actually come and play during the playoffs we would have saw a Kobe vs LBJ like we all wanted. But he could not make it there. He was back to back regular season champs and back to back mvps and was a no show in the playoffs. When you have the best regular season record against playoff teams and overall, you should win in the playoffs. When you don't you have pressure problems... LBJ can't handle it, which then filters out to his teammates.

Last year was the best year the NBA has had in decades, probably since Jordan. The Finals were absolutely awesome. It was a fight to the final minute of game seven. It was not a one team league, now it is.Except for your last part, your post is completely irrelevant to what you quoted me on.

And yes, it is/was a one team league. As much as I wanted the Celtics to win, it was pretty obvious the Lakers were the favorites heading in, and guess who ended up winning?

strokeman
07-18-2010, 04:33 AM
i should sue you for wasting my damn time reading this crap!
By LBJ teaming with 2 other superstars it kill the NBA! As a basketball fan, its not interesting seeing a stack team play, that’s why I didn’t watch much of the playoffs!

JayW_1023
07-18-2010, 04:36 AM

0 rings

Duncan in his prime is better regardless than Malone ever was. Malone didn't scare anyone driving through the lane.

BronBron06
07-18-2010, 04:57 AM
Duncan in his prime is better regardless than Malone ever was. Malone didn't scare anyone driving through the lane.

SEE this is one HUGE EXAMPLE of an NBA FAN who doesnt even REMEMBER how DEADLY Karl Malone is.
Most people tend to get away from him why he drives the lane, unless they wanted to go the hospital

Duncan Who?
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/000/768/556/RackMultipart.5490.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1259967835

Wade>You
07-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Most people tend to get away from him why he drives the lane, unless they wanted to go the hospitalSo true. Malone was the consensus #1 dirty player for a long time. Those razor sharp elbows were feared around the league.

BronBron06
07-18-2010, 05:09 AM
Isnt it a laugh how NBA fans defined Great PF, (it's about talent + rings)

Talent alone, being best player sounds good for the meantime but if you dont have rings, you are forgotten by the rest as another decade pass by.

It's all about the rings, EVEN KG is on the verge of being forgetten but he was saved by Celtics

Anyone see the parellelism now on Karl Malone situation to LeBron James leaving Cavs.

ANKUSH
07-18-2010, 05:09 AM
Just so you know: LBJ and Bosh were S&T'd. What Miami did was BRILLIANT because they made themselves a threat to acquire those two by having the cap space, thus giving themselves leverage in trade negotiations. Once Bosh and James committed to join Miami, their respective teams lost all leverage in negotiations. They could only hope to get something back in return.

this response has nothing to do with my post....just so you know, I do know

BronBron06
07-18-2010, 05:20 AM
I'm even laughing at Michael Jordan's comment on how Kobe>LeBron

Seriously, he hasnt even beaten Magic Johnson or Larry Bird in their prime in NBA PLAYOFFS

Jordan waited until the REAL COMPETITION is gone
A FACT LAKERS AND BOSTON FANS would certainly agree

Wade>You
07-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Isnt it a laugh how NBA fans defined Great PF, (it's about talent + rings)

Talent alone, being best player sounds good for the meantime but if you dont have rings, you are forgotten by the rest as another decade pass by.

It's all about the rings, EVEN KG is on the verge of being forgetten but he was saved by Celtics

Anyone see the parellelism now on Karl Malone situation to LeBron James leaving Cavs.Have you seen that interview between David Kahn and Chris Webber? Not only does he say that Milicic is the best big man passer he's seen since Vlade Divac (completely ignoring Webber), he compares Milicic to Webber LOL.

This is what happens when you don't win a ring. Look at how pssed off C-Webb was in the interview.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/71546/david_kahn_compares_darko_milicic_and_chris_webber _in_the_same_sentence

BronBron06
07-18-2010, 05:27 AM
Yeah I remembered that article, NBA PLAYER COMPARISON is now being a joke, it's all about rings being respected internationally instead of real skill.

No wonder LeBron Bosh Wade joined together...isnt that so.

Wade>You
07-18-2010, 05:46 AM
I agree, no one remembers the players that didn't win a title. KG saved face by winning a title w/ the Cs, but he should be up there in the argument with Tim Duncan as the best PF to ever play. So should Barkley and Malone.

ntat
07-18-2010, 06:01 AM
]Just so you know: LBJ and Bosh were S&T'd[/B]. What Miami did was BRILLIANT because they made themselves a threat to acquire those two by having the cap space, thus giving themselves leverage in trade negotiations. Once Bosh and James committed to join Miami, their respective teams lost all leverage in negotiations. They could only hope to get something back in return.

LOL, they were ****ing free agents, dont twist it up.

ntat
07-18-2010, 06:02 AM
I'm even laughing at Michael Jordan's comment on how Kobe>LeBron

Seriously, he hasnt even beaten Magic Johnson or Larry Bird in their prime in NBA PLAYOFFS

Jordan waited until the REAL COMPETITION is gone
A FACT LAKERS AND BOSTON FANS would certainly agree

There is a clip on the internet where Jordan says Kobe is better.

ntat
07-18-2010, 06:05 AM

lol, u have to be kidding me right?

Wade>You
07-18-2010, 06:05 AM
LOL, they were ****ing free agents, dont twist it up.:rolleyes: :facepalm:

why bother

Kevj77
07-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Remember even Heisley (Memphis Owner) wondered whether his general manager, Chris Wallace, blew it by caving so soon to the Lakers.
Caving? Kwame was the biggest available expiring contract. Lakers were willing to pay luxury tax. Other teams could have had Gasol, but didn't want to pay the tax.

“I don’t know if I got the most value,” Heisley confessed. “Maybe our people should’ve shopped (Gasol) more and maybe we would’ve gotten more, done a better deal. Maybe Chris did call every team in the league. I don’t think he did, but maybe he should’ve…”
Do you really think he didn't shop Gasol to every team that he could have?

Around the league, nothing will change this belief: Whatever the reasoning, this was one of the NBA’s worst trades in years. Most of all, rival executives wonder why they never had a chance to submit a best offer. For Gasol, the 7-footer who transformed the Lakers in the absence of Andrew Bynum, the Grizzlies were willing to take back the expiring contract of Kwame Brown, rookie point guard Javaris Crittenton, two future No. 1 picks and the draft rights to Gasol’s brother, Marc.Who cares what other people around the league think. Do you care what they think about LeBron and the Heat? They got an expiring, pick and prospects.

The one-sided nature of the trade inspired a lot of people to believe that retired Memphis GM, Jerry West, a Lakers’ legend, played a part in facilitating the deal. West was instrumental recruiting Wallace as his replacement in Memphis and still holds a close relationship with Heisley. His history in Los Angeles, especially his bond with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak and star Kobe Bryant, made even the fair-minded cynical about the scenario.You don't get equal value trading an all-star I already said that. Jerry wasn't the GM of either team. Thats's just a conspiracy theory.

On Jerry West....if dumping salary was the only intention, I'm sure he could have gotten that from a whole plethora of teams with much better return!!!No, Kwame was the biggest expiring contract available and the Lakers were willing to go over the Tax for Gasol.

But seriously Let's go back to the topic at hand...You try to defend the Heat and call BS on the Lakers. Like I said I thought someone with a name like BronBron6 would understand the value of cap space, I bet most Heat fans do now. You want to call the Gasol trade BS, but devalue the fact that moving cap got Miami 3 of the top 15 plaqers in one year.

Enemey
07-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Yeah I remembered that article, NBA PLAYER COMPARISON is now being a joke, it's all about rings being respected internationally instead of real skill.

No wonder LeBron Bosh Wade joined together...isnt that so.

I know huh ? im a Lakers Fan and it insults me when they Compare Five time NBA Champion Magic Johnson to no ring Lebron James :laugh:

Wade>You
07-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Caving? Kwame was the biggest available expiring contract. Lakers were willing to pay luxury tax. Other teams could have had Gasol, but didn't want to pay the tax.Shawn Marion. And the Heat would be willing to go into the tax.

In hindsight, I don't know if the Heat would be willing to take on Gasol + bad contracts since it affected their 2010 plan.

Kevj77
07-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Shawn Marion. And the Heat would be willing to go into the tax.

In hindsight, I don't know if the Heat would be willing to take on Gasol + bad contracts since it affected their 2010 plan.Shaq was traded for Marion to the Suns after the Gasol trade not before. Trading Shaq was a cap move for Miami.

arlubas
07-18-2010, 07:59 AM
If you actually watched the games of the 2004 Olympics you'd probably know by now that the reason USA didn't win gold wasn't because Larry Brown didn't play those guys but other way more important reasons.

As for the old school cats not respecting the new school that's pretty biased as well cause I grew up in the early 90s and I can still give Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Melo etc their props just like all my high school pals do as well. Do we love those classic 90s NBA teams more? Hell yeah and that probably won't change cause what you grow up with stays with you for life but that don't mean we don't enjoy the league to this day or respect how the game has evolved through the years.

Raoul Duke
07-18-2010, 10:10 AM

Wow. I'm a score me another infraction real quick...

I feel a lot of sympathy for all the Heat fans who, y'know, were actually Heat fans before July 8th, 2010. How does it feel to have everyone assume that posts like these are representative of your entire fanbase's collective intelligence? Look at that sentence I underlined. What the **** is that? How does it feel to you guys to know that the rest of us are pretty much avoiding the NBA forums like the bubonic plague?

It must be like 1000 times worse than when AI came to Detroit. My condolences.

DCSportsIsPain
07-18-2010, 10:20 AM
How did a thread so baseless in fact and inflammatory in nature get four pages long?

BALLER71
07-18-2010, 10:29 AM
What has ticked me off about the hate for the Heat is not the actual hate but the hypocrisy... mostly from Bulls fans.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Any1 with a join date in July 2010 should not be allowed to post about anything Heat related... It's amazing the amount of new heat fans that flood this site now.

omdigga
07-18-2010, 11:15 AM
What has ticked me off about the hate for the Heat is not the actual hate but the hypocrisy... mostly from Bulls fans.

to be honest, i think most of the hate is towards the fans, not the team.. i personally dont dislike the heat. i actually really liked the team you guys had the season before getting shaq. they made an awesome run in the playoffs and were fun to watch..
i still dont mind the team. they did what every other team would have done. i consider riley a legend.
but the fans in the nba forum.. not all, but most, are incredibly annoying. i have no choice but to root against the heat. more to shut up these "fans" than for dislike of the team ..

sasuke_20
07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
the OP is LBJ homer..plain and simple..get a life boy and stop kissing LBJ *****

USMCLaker
07-18-2010, 11:33 AM
I love how everyone blames the league for everything. It is all about ownership!!! Alla, Steinbrenner, Dr. Buss, Ruppert, The Rooney Family, etc...

It should go without saying that some leaders are going to be better than others and that is the nature of competition.

AddiX
07-18-2010, 12:12 PM
to be honest, i think most of the hate is towards the fans, not the team.. i personally dont dislike the heat. i actually really liked the team you guys had the season before getting shaq. they made an awesome run in the playoffs and were fun to watch..
i still dont mind the team. they did what every other team would have done. i consider riley a legend.
but the fans in the nba forum.. not all, but most, are incredibly annoying. i have no choice but to root against the heat. more to shut up these "fans" than for dislike of the team ..

That was a fun team to watch.

I remember no one spoke of Wade because he got injured early and than came back and became the man. He was in his rookie year and was the main guy pushing them in the playoffs. For Shaq it was easy to pick where to go after the world saw Wade in the playoffs.

Wade's first few years in the league may easily be the best of any player in NBA history. The guy was simply unstoppable, and extremely clutch.

Not saying he's not anymore, but not like he was.

RocketPower2010
07-18-2010, 12:33 PM
the OP is LBJ homer..plain and simple..get a life boy and stop kissing LBJ *****

Laker forum posters are Kobe homers..plain and simple..get a life boys and stop kissing Kobe *****

USMCLaker
07-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Laker forum posters are Kobe homers..plain and simple..get a life boys and stop kissing Kobe *****

Not all of us.

Case in point:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511077&page=5

nickdymez
07-18-2010, 12:40 PM
I think what people are frustrated about (ironically before the season even begins) is the ability for one team to clear that much cap space and get 3 of the top 15 players in the league. What the Celtics and Lakers did was through trade. Those teams are successful because they are creative and inventive in their pursuit of great players. And I do not think it's a coincidence that a former Laker masterminded the cap space clearance. But, the deal with Lebron/ESPN, the constant twittering from Bosh leads most people to feel that the Heat are acting like entitled *****es. And most people can't stand others that celebrate before winning anything. You might not like the Lakers, Celtics, Yankees, but a lot of people respect them. I do not think many people respect the Heat.

This

USMCLaker
07-18-2010, 12:44 PM

Very good post.

Frezhnitz
07-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Its because of their egos.

magichatnumber9
07-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Everyone gets old and naturally become a hater. It's life, this is nothing new

sasuke_20
07-18-2010, 11:08 PM

u mad?

Wade>You
07-18-2010, 11:14 PM
this response has nothing to do with my post....just so you know, I do know

Um.........................

Nice try, but an epic fail nonetheless.

sasuke_20
07-18-2010, 11:16 PM

u mad?

avrpatsfan
07-18-2010, 11:17 PM

0 rings

GET THE PICTURE?

Or

I think 0=None.

Big Moves
07-19-2010, 04:12 AM

Umm, neither did Duncan. I'm not a huge fan of either, but neither player was "clearly" better than the other. If Duncan was not so bad under pressure (which he is) I'd be inclined to say Duncan was slightly better; however, since Duncan is pretty bad under pressure, I'm going to have to say Malone is actually slighty better than Duncan. But the issue is def up for deabte.

Enemey
07-19-2010, 05:04 AM
Umm, neither did Duncan. I'm not a huge fan of either, but neither player was "clearly" better than the other. If Duncan was not so bad under pressure (which he is) I'd be inclined to say Duncan was slightly better; however, since Duncan is pretty bad under pressure, I'm going to have to say Malone is actually slighty better than Duncan. But the issue is def up for deabte.

The only thing Tim Duncan sucks at under pressure is at the Freethrow line other then that he is great he just Chokes at the Freethrow line alot.

FarOutIos
07-19-2010, 05:09 AM
The NBA is a business. That's why they would prefer that the large market teams have the most success. They are more likely to money with these teams winning.

Having a team to compete with LA is great, but why not have more than 2-3 teams to compete?

The heat have Bron, Wade and Bosh.

The Lakers have a $90 million plus payroll.

The Celtics are near there.

Only the BIG MARKETS can compete. Sure some small markets (Thunder) will work their butts off to become good, but the NBA always prefers that the big markets win. The refs will always do their part to help...

It's just a business. More real than wrestling... but still not perfect.

BullsFan_1
07-19-2010, 05:12 AM
Respect is not given, it's earned.

Should a guy be respected as a basketball player because he makes 20+ million a year, but hasn't done jack **** in the league as far as winning? Apparently not, according to a choice few that have done it in the past.

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 05:21 AM
Sure some small markets (Thunder) will work their butts off to become good, but the NBA always prefers that the big markets win. The refs will always do their part to help...

It's just a business. More real than wrestling... but still not perfect.Don't know if you're implying that Miami is a big city market, but it's really not. Random example, but we don't have an ESPNChicago or ESPNNewYork or blah blah blah. At best, the media ignores us. At worst, they hate on our sports teams and never give us a chance (if you watched tv or read the papers, you would've never thought that the team with Pat Riley, Dwyane Wade, nicest weather+scenery, and the most cap space would have a chance to land LeBron and Bosh. It was really a no-brainer but people are still shocked.)

BronBron06
07-19-2010, 10:19 AM
I still wonder how the 2 ignorant haters in Charlotte, Larry Brown and Michael Jordan are holding up with the franchise

Bad off season i presume.

USMCLaker
07-19-2010, 11:40 AM
I think 0=None.

That's not fair it's above his head.

BronBron06
07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh cmon just a typo... obviously zzzz

Klivlend
07-19-2010, 12:02 PM
the reason USA got bronze in 2004 is because Kobe Bryant didnt play

O wow...yap, that was it guy. you are so right

kdspurman
07-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Big Moves
Recruit Join Date: Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayW_1023

---------------

I'm sorry i know this is irrelevant to this thread but did you say Duncan is bad under pressure? Did you forget:
- Game 7 of the 2005 finals when he singlehandidly brought the spurs back in the 3rd quarter?
- Or the 3 pointer against the suns?
- Or the 37 points and 16 boards he put up in 2003 against the then unstoppable Lakers to beat them on their home court in a series clinching game?

These are just to name a few of the more memorable moments. He is very clutch and plays very well under pressure. He's a bad FT shooter period!! Now if he was an 85% FT shooter and missed in the 4th quarter than maybe you have a point. But under pressure he is very good and a proven clutch performer.

kdspurman
07-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Cant knock on the old school guys.. times have changed in the league drastically. I'm not a fan of the move but it is what it is. At the end of the day guys still gotta go out there and ball. Should be an exciting year of ball nonetheless

TO to the CHI
07-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Big Moves
Recruit Join Date: Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayW_1023

---------------

I'm sorry i know this is irrelevant to this thread but did you say Duncan is bad under pressure? Did you forget:
- Game 7 of the 2005 finals when he singlehandidly brought the spurs back in the 3rd quarter?
- Or the 3 pointer against the suns?
- Or the 37 points and 16 boards he put up in 2003 against the then unstoppable Lakers to beat them on their home court in a series clinching game?

These are just to name a few of the more memorable moments. He is very clutch and plays very well under pressure. He's a bad FT shooter period!! Now if he was an 85% FT shooter and missed in the 4th quarter than maybe you have a point. But under pressure he is very good and a proven clutch performer.

I was waiting for someone to rebut that. Anyone who compares Malone and Duncan with a straight face is out of their mind. Throwing clutchness into the debate makes it even more hilarious. Your response is well taken, but there was no need. Everyone who read the comparison between Malone and Duncan knows it is a joke. One is a top-ten player all time that has led multiple casts of teammates to titles. The other is a guy who couldn't even get a ring when he joined the first superteam in LA. No comparison. AT ALL.

USMCLaker
07-19-2010, 12:29 PM
I was waiting for someone to rebut that. Anyone who compares Malone and Duncan with a straight face is out of their mind. Throwing clutchness into the debate makes it even more hilarious. Your response is well taken, but there was no need. Everyone who read the comparison between Malone and Duncan knows it is a joke. One is a top-ten player all time that has led multiple casts of teammates to titles. The other is a guy who couldn't even get a ring when he joined the first superteam in LA. No comparison. AT ALL.

If memory serves me correctly no one got a ring in the 90's playing against Jordan and when he joined the Lakers he was injured during the most critical time of the season. Would Duncan have gotten a ring in the 90's when Jordan played.

masalex1205
07-19-2010, 12:38 PM
another apologetic lebron piece

mamba24
07-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Pau Gasol trade = OJ mayo( Because they Sucked so bad they dropped to the bottom) , Randolph( through FA ), Marc Gasol + Future Round Picks... I say thats a good deal dont you? Marc Gasol is a beast too

Cavs S&T= ???
Raptors= ???
Hmmmm....

That answers why people dont hate on that trade more then Lebron NOT sayin anything to the CAVS FO ignoring Dans Calls and MSG.

this... ended up being pretty good for the grizzlies...

mamba24
07-19-2010, 12:53 PM
:rolleyes: :facepalm:

why bother

they were free agents... they committed to miami forcing their respective teams into sign and trades so they at least got something for their star players... that is the only reason there were any sign and trades. had nothing to do with the heating making trades...

BkOriginalOne
07-19-2010, 01:00 PM
The Lakers getting Gasol and the Celtic getting KG didn't throw off the power in the league to me.
Lakers are not an unbeatable team (didn't the Rockets take em to 7)

LBJ, Wade and Bosh getting together is unbalanced because they are 3 of the top 5 draft pics from the same draft.
This would be like Jordan, Hakeem and Barkley playing on the same team.

The Lakers and Celtics got their players through trades, sending young promising talent for stars older than 25.
Marc Gasol for Pau Gasol (lopsided, but better the Griz than Raptors got in the bosh deal)
The wolves lost KG, but got Al jefferson
THe thunder lost Allen, but got Jeff Green.

Lebron and Bosh just walked for trade exceptions.

Kobe4Life
07-19-2010, 01:19 PM

Lebron Fan? Miami Fan? You all are the same, some of the worst fans we have.

mamba24
07-19-2010, 01:29 PM

i would say the only reason they had leverage was because lebron and bosh committed to go to miami. it had nothing to do with the heat being "BRILLIANT". They set up their contracts to expire at the same time. its not that they are smart. they wanted lebron so they set it up... so did new york, clippers, new jersey, and chicago... they were apparently brilliant as well.. they didnt do anything those teams didnt. the only advantage was that miami already had wades decision when bosh and bron were deciding... ur a homer. wait till they win before u run your mouth

kdspurman
07-19-2010, 01:58 PM
If memory serves me correctly no one got a ring in the 90's playing against Jordan and when he joined the Lakers he was injured during the most critical time of the season. Would Duncan have gotten a ring in the 90's when Jordan played.

I dont think theres anyway to answer that except who knows? The argument can be made though. Houston won back to back mainly cause they had a dominant big man... Spurs had 2. Theres no way of knowing that answer. If thats the case do you think the Jazz (with malone stockton etc) would have won a title from 2000 until now? Possibly, possibly not. It doesnt matter when Duncan got his rings, its not his fault he came into the league when he did. The fact is he got his. The argument can be made for either player.

USMCLaker
07-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I dont think theres anyway to answer that except who knows? The argument can be made though. Houston won back to back mainly cause they had a dominant big man... Spurs had 2. Theres no way of knowing that answer. If thats the case do you think the Jazz (with malone stockton etc) would have won a title from 2000 until now? Possibly, possibly not. It doesnt matter when Duncan got his rings, its not his fault he came into the league when he did. The fact is he got his. The argument can be made for either player.

I really wasn't arguing that. I was responding to his initial post that bashed Malone as if he was a scrub.

BronBron06
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
It just proves right? No rings = being forgotten = becoming underrated

LeBron is heading down that direction anyway if he stayed with the Cavs

Factor of Jamison: Coming from perennial loser team
Factor of Mo: Always disappears in playoffs
Factor of Varejao: 2nd best Cavs player? Umm what... no seriously he's the 2nd best... WOW

Jordan and Co-Bahers probably knows the reason of why he needs to bash LeBron, Wade, and Bosh
Because more titles means more adoration of the next generation of the GLOBAL COMMUNITY

Only in USA most people think teams are of individual players remember that

Have you forgotten what LeBron wants... becoming a billionaire... how to become one is to be renowned globally right?