PDA

View Full Version : Luol Deng

dnewguy
07-17-2010, 11:01 PM
How would you rank him among small forwards in the league?

zambo4president
07-17-2010, 11:44 PM
1. LeBron
2. Melo
3. KD
4. Gerald Wallace
5. Danny Granger
6. Paul Pierce
7. Ron Artest
8. Luol Deng
9. Rudy Gay
10. Danilo Gallinari (There you go Knick fans)

And yes, no Caron Butler.

Chacarron
07-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Top 10.

What?
07-17-2010, 11:50 PM
1.Lebron
2.Durant
3.Melo
4.Granger
5.Pierce
6.Wallace
7.Deng
8.Gay
9.Artest
10.Gallinari

hustleloyrspct
07-17-2010, 11:57 PM
wow i so did not expect people to rank deng in the top 10 lol

bigdogg214
07-17-2010, 11:57 PM
1. LeBron
2. Melo
3. KD
4. Gerald Wallace
5. Danny Granger
6. Paul Pierce
7. Ron Artest
8. Luol Deng
9. Rudy Gay

u put gallinari over maggette, salmons, turkulog
gallinari over butler, i take butler ANY DAY

layne spivey
07-18-2010, 12:00 AM
deng top 10 cause of ability to rebound

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 12:01 AM
1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Melo
4. Granger
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Pierce
7. Iguodala
8. Rudy Gay
9. Artest
10. Butler
11. Salmons
12. Gallinari
13. Marion
13. Ariza
15. Hedo
16. Deng

bholly
07-18-2010, 12:03 AM
wow i so did not expect people to rank deng in the top 10 lol

This, haha.

Are people not ranking Iggy because they don't think he's top-10, or because they think he's a SG?

R.I.P.#34
07-18-2010, 12:04 AM
1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Melo
4. Granger
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Pierce
7. Iguodala
8. Rudy Gay
9. Artest
10. Butler

The entire thread is about Deng. You could maybe say where you think he ranks instead of just the top ten.

Haha my bad, you must have edited the post.

black1605
07-18-2010, 12:04 AM
1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Melo
4. Granger
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Pierce
7. Iguodala
8. Rudy Gay
9. Artest
10. Butler

give me Wallace and his D over Granger any day of the week

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 12:05 AM
The entire thread is about Deng. You could maybe say where you think he ranks instead of just the top ten.

Yea thats why i kept going and edited it later.

JerzeyFresh
07-18-2010, 12:05 AM
This, haha.

Are people not ranking Iggy because they don't think he's top-10, or because they think he's a SG?

This.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 12:06 AM

I love Wallace and is actually one of my favorite players, but Granger is a thousand times better on offense.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 12:06 AM
This, haha.

I think hes a SF and i put him in there in mine.

black1605
07-18-2010, 12:08 AM
I love Wallace and is actually one of my favorite players, but Granger is a thousand times better on offense.

Granger is the number one option on his team

Wallace is the number two option on his team, and is first team all defensive team

Granger averages about 6 points more per game

I will put it like this....trade Wallace for Granger straight up, and the Pacers get better, and the Bobcats get worse

edit: and yes i know Granger plays about 5 less minutes per game than Wallace, but again first team D....only a year older, and gw missed 17 games over the last 2 years to grangers 35

JiffyMix88
07-18-2010, 12:09 AM
11th and Salmons better than Deng at the 3 is hilarious

JiffyMix88
07-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Granger is the number one option on his team

Wallace is the number two option on his team, and is first team all defensive team

Granger averages about 6 points more per game

I will put it like this....trade Wallace for Granger straight up, and the Pacers get better, and the Bobcats get worse

No I disagree if...........you know what nevermind your homerism will get in the way......You're right Wallace is better than Granger...

R.I.P.#34
07-18-2010, 12:13 AM
1) Lebron James
2)Kevin Durant
3)Carmelo Anthony
4)Danny Granger
5)Gerald Wallace
6)Paul Pierce
7)Andre Iguodala
8)Luol Deng
9)Rudy Gay
10)Tayshaun Prince

BTW Deng was seventh out of small forwards in efficiency last year, if anybody is interested.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 12:17 AM
No I disagree if...........you know what nevermind your homerism will get in the way......You're right Wallace is better than Granger...

Wtf is your problem? Why does he have to be a "homer" because he thinks Wallace is better? He has a legitimate argument unlike yours.

Anyway, Wallace plays off his teammates on offense most of the time (not all the time) while teammates play off Granger on offense in Indiana. The offense revolves around Granger, this cant happen with Wallace.

black1605
07-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Wtf is your problem? Why does he have to be a "homer" because he thinks Wallace is better? He has a legitimate argument unlike yours.

Anyway, Wallace plays off his teammates on offense most of the time (not all the time) while teammates play off Granger on offense in Indiana. The offense revolves around Granger, this cant happen with Wallace.

thank you...is granger better on offense? absolutely.

is wallace better on defense? absolutely.

as a total package, "homerism" aside, i will take wallace any day of the week.

show34
07-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Deffinately top 10 or 11

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 12:22 AM
thank you...is granger better on offense? absolutely.

is wallace better on defense? absolutely.

as a total package, "homerism" aside, i will take wallace any day of the week.

Lol youre right, but i think Grangers offensive is better than Wallaces more than Wallaces defense is better than Grangers if you know what i mean.

Baseballcb95
07-18-2010, 12:22 AM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Melo
4. Granger
5. Pierce
6. Wallace
7. Iggy
8. Gay
9. Artest
10. Salmons
11. Ariza
12. Deng

black1605
07-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Lol youre right, but i think Grangers offensive is better than Wallaces more than Wallaces defense is better than Grangers if you know what i mean.

yeah i hear you, and thanks for keeping it relative to opinion rather than calling me a homer

JiffyMix88
07-18-2010, 12:25 AM

Because people won't change their opinions especially one who is a fan of that team.

Anyway, I am a Wallace fan pick him every year in my fantasy league if he's available in the 3rd or 4th round. That being said, Wallace should be the number one option on that Bobcats team. Granger is a far better shooter than Wallace and Granger is not that bad on defense but just not as good as Wallace. If Granger went to the Bobcats I definitely think that is an upgrade over Wallace.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 12:30 AM
yeah i hear you, and thanks for keeping it relative to opinion rather than calling me a homer

Lol i know, its like you cant like someone on your own team too much or you will be called a homer...

If i say i think Dwyane Wade is better than Kobe (which i do), i will be called a homer, but in reality i really do think Wade has surpassed Kobe mainly because of age.

Ticket Guy
07-18-2010, 12:32 AM
#1 Durant
#2 C. Anthony
#3 Pierce
#4 Wallace
#5 Artest
#6 J. Smith
#7 Igoudala
#8 Deng

Kyben36
07-18-2010, 12:40 AM
1. LeBron
2. Melo
3. KD
4. Gerald Wallace
5. Danny Granger
6. Paul Pierce
7. Ron Artest
8. Luol Deng
9. Rudy Gay

I would put rudy gay up to 7, Ron artest down to 9 personaly, but 8 is about right for Deng, I hope that actualy running an offense will help him this year. Also hopes he takes more 3s.

Kyben36
07-18-2010, 12:41 AM
#1 Durant
#2 C. Anthony
#3 Pierce
#4 Wallace
#5 Artest
#6 J. Smith
#7 Igoudala
#8 Deng

terrible list, where is Granger Why is Artest 5, Josh smith plays PF, and Iggy SG.

Kyben36
07-18-2010, 12:42 AM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Melo
4. Granger
5. Pierce
6. Wallace
7. Iggy
8. Gay
9. Artest
10. Salmons
11. Ariza
12. Deng

Ariza has potential to be, but isnt yet, I also think Salmons isnt that good, but close to deng, Also, Artest dosnt seem like the same player in LA. still good, but I would not put him in my top 10.

bbcmillionaire
07-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Lol is it me or are heat fans subliminally dissing the bulls, I saw a list and was like WTF?

pheagles10
07-18-2010, 12:46 AM
#1 Durant
#2 C. Anthony
#3 Pierce
#4 Wallace
#5 Artest
#6 J. Smith
#7 Igoudala
#8 Deng

No Lebron? :pity:

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Melo
4. Danny Granger
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Paul Pierce
7. Ron Artest
8. Rudy Gay
9. Luol Deng
10. Maggette

PLAYERS FAN
07-18-2010, 12:51 AM
How would you rank him among small forwards in the league?

Bulls fans overrated the hell out of him! Ben Gordon is 10 times better than Deng!

HesterTrain
07-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Bulls fans overrated the hell out of him! Ben Gordon is 10 times better than Deng!

he hasn't shown up in Detroit yet..

The_Jamal
07-18-2010, 12:54 AM
Deng over Rundy Gay? huh?

Baseballcb95
07-18-2010, 12:58 AM

my thoughts precisely..

Redbull
07-18-2010, 01:00 AM
1. LeBron
2. Melo
3. Durant
4. Pierce
5. Wallace
6. Granger
7. Deng

The[chi][town]
07-18-2010, 01:01 AM

ben gordon is a SG you fool

layne spivey
07-18-2010, 01:04 AM
18 pts a gm 8 rebs above average d. sounds top 10 to me. also , i see those numbers increasing this year w the additions the bulls have made cause deng will never cammand a double team. d will also improve with addition of thibs.

pheagles10
07-18-2010, 01:04 AM

That was honestly a mistake :o
Those two were supposed to be switched

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 01:14 AM
1. LeBron
2. Melo
3. Durant
4. Pierce
5. Wallace
6. Granger
7. Deng

I might move Granger up but those are the six SFs ahead of Deng.

bholly
07-18-2010, 01:17 AM
terrible list, where is Granger Why is Artest 5, Josh smith plays PF, and Iggy SG.

Iggy plays twice as much SF than SG.

76erEaglePhils
07-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Iggy plays twice as much SF than SG.You just want somebody on here to stroke Iggy's nuts just as much as you do give it a break.

zambo4president
07-18-2010, 01:35 AM
Lol is it me or are heat fans subliminally dissing the bulls, I saw a list and was like WTF?

That's exactly what it is. There ****in jokes I disregard everything they say, completely talk out of their *****.

zambo4president
07-18-2010, 01:38 AM
u put gallinari over maggette, salmons, turkulog
gallinari over butler, i take butler ANY DAY

Okay go ahead and take Caron Butler, Corey Maggette, John Salmons who doesn't even play SF and Turkuglu then. Extremely ignorant post. My list is just about as accurate as it gets. All the haters can sit here and make up a bunch of ******** with no stats to back up their talk. Gallinari is an animal. Caron Butler makes my top 10 of overrated NBA players though.

zambo4president
07-18-2010, 01:40 AM
1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Melo
4. Granger
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Pierce
7. Iguodala
8. Rudy Gay
9. Artest
10. Butler
11. Salmons
12. Gallinari
13. Marion
13. Ariza
15. Hedo
16. Deng

2 guys who aren't even SF's on your list and Deng 2 times lower than were he really ranks pretty much sums it up, it's obvious you hate the Bulls and your list is complete ****.

zambo4president
07-18-2010, 01:48 AM
I would put rudy gay up to 7, Ron artest down to 9 personaly, but 8 is about right for Deng, I hope that actualy running an offense will help him this year. Also hopes he takes more 3s.

No, Deng is definitely better than Gay. Gay averaged more points, but he also gives up more, Deng averaged 17 last season and is a much stronger defender than Rudy, he saved more points for the Bulls. Thus Deng is more efficient than Rudy. Artest is ahead of both of them just for the fact you can stick him on anybody and there gettin shut down.

Rosh
07-18-2010, 02:07 AM
I strongly dislike Deng and I think it's foolish to put him at 16 like some of you. That's horrible. You're saying he's worse than Hedo, Ariza, and Salmons? Give me a break.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 02:23 AM
2 guys who aren't even SF's on your list and Deng 2 times lower than were he really ranks pretty much sums it up, it's obvious you hate the Bulls and your list is complete ****.

This post is the reason why i hate PSD. If i think someone isnt good im a dumbass and i hate the Bulls. I hate the Bull's fans i can tell you that much...

Salmons and Butler play the 2 and the 3 so stfu.

Fanthrwthknthn
07-18-2010, 02:30 AM
This post is the reason why i hate PSD. If i think someone isnt good im a dumbass and i hate the Bulls. I hate the Bull's fans i can tell you that much...

Love your hollywood sig. :laugh:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 02:32 AM
I strongly dislike Deng and I think it's foolish to put him at 16 like some of you. That's horrible. You're saying he's worse than Hedo, Ariza, and Salmons? Give me a break.

Since this post is obviously directed to me even though you tried to avoid it, ima respond to it.

Hedo, Ariza, and Salmons (in MIL) offer way more to a team than what Deng does. Hedo had a terrible year last year and will prolly never live up to his contract, but he is still a better player than Deng. Next year i bet Hedo will look 10000x better than he did in Toronto. Deng is overpriced garbage and most of you guys hope he leaves your team.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Love your hollywood sig. :laugh:

I love your sig too....

Fanthrwthknthn
07-18-2010, 02:36 AM
Since this post is obviously directed to me even though you tried to avoid it, ima respond to it.

Hedo, Ariza, and Salmons (in MIL) offer way more to a team than what Deng does. Hedo had a terrible year last year and will prolly never live up to his contract, but he is still a better player than Deng. Next year i bet Hedo will look 10000x better than he did in Toronto. Deng is overpriced garbage and most of you guys hope he leaves your team.

How can this be?

ILMindState
07-18-2010, 02:39 AM
I'm a bulls fan and I agree that Deng is garbage. He's the softest player in the leauge. I think he's closer to top 15 than top 10

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 02:40 AM

What do they offer, exactly?

I mean, what makes Hedo a better player than Deng?
To go further, if you look at last year, what makes Iguodala better than Deng? Assists? Or is it slam dunk highlights on ESPN?

It certainly isn't rebounding, I don't see any of them scoring any more points or even having great shooting percentages in comparison, it's sure as hell isn't defense. So what makes them more valuable?

When you blow off statistics and just say "they're more valuable" without any reasoning, it makes your opinion seem baseless and bias.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 02:41 AM
I'm a bulls fan and I agree that Deng is garbage. He's the softest player in the leauge. I think he's closer to top 15 than top 10
Many lazy *** Bulls fans hate players until they're gone and then claim they never hated them (See: Hinrich).

When Deng is gone and they don't have a SF putting up 17/7 averages with damn good D, we'll hear how much they miss Deng. Hate the contract, not the player.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 02:42 AM
How can this be?

Well hes 6'10 and can handle the ball like a point guard and is an automatic mismatch on every given night. He can shoot the three or put the ball on the deck and take it to the hole.... at 6'10. Only a hand fool of players can do that in the NBA.

The Raptors gave him that much money because they thought he would perform the same way he did in Orlando. Obviously he didnt and now every one forgets how good this guy really is. Hopefully in the Phoenix he plays better.

Fanthrwthknthn
07-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Well hes 6'10 and can handle the ball like a point guard and is an automatic mismatch on every given night. He can shoot the three or put the ball on the deck and take it to the hole.... at 6'10. Only a hand fool of players can do that in the NBA.

The Raptors gave him that much money because they thought he would perform the same way he did in Orlando. Obviously he didnt and now every one forgets how good this guy really is. Hopefully in the Phoenix he plays better.

thats it.....ohh for minute I thought you were describing LB....I think he's a product of the system kinda guy.....

Look up his former teams.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 02:48 AM

But in so many years in the NBA, he's never taken full advantage of that. Having the physical tools without ever showing you can utilize them means little.

For being 6'10, he rebounds like a ***** (never averaged over 6 rebounds per game for a season, that's pathetic at 6'10). He had one very nice season in Orlando at age 28 when he nearly averaged 20 PPG. He's now 31 and unless he's a rare player, he's going to start declining.

Deng, although he's been in the league a while, just turned 25 in April and still has much better potential to improve even further. Note: Improve on numbers that are already better than Hedo's. Clearly better.

ILMindState
07-18-2010, 02:50 AM
Many lazy *** Bulls fans hate players until they're gone and then claim they never hated them (See: Hinrich).

When Deng is gone and they don't have a SF putting up 17/7 averages with damn good D, we'll hear how much they miss Deng. Hate the contract, not the player.

So my opinion makes me lazy Haha. You don't know how I think so don't cry about hearing ****. Deng ain't nothing special. His D is overrated and numbers misleading. I'd rather have a SF who is athletic, can create his own shot, and isn't a *****

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 02:52 AM
So my opinion makes me lazy Haha. You don't know how I think so don't cry about hearing ****. Deng ain't nothing special. His D is overrated and numbers misleading. I'd rather have a SF who is athletic, can create his own shot, and isn't a *****
I didn't claim you were one of the lazy. But there are many Bulls fans who disliked Hinrich who are now upset he was traded.

I do love how numbers can be misleading. His 17+PPG and 7+ RPG don't actually count! He put the ball in the basket but the Bulls didn't get the points.

You'd rather have Tyrus Thomas than Luol Deng is basically what you're saying.

TmacBryant
07-18-2010, 02:52 AM

yup was thinking the same thing, and i would rather have caron and artest over iguodala any day.

ILMindState
07-18-2010, 02:56 AM
I didn't claim you were one of the lazy. But there are many Bulls fans who disliked Hinrich who are now upset he was traded.

I do love how numbers can be misleading. His 17+PPG and 7+ RPG don't actually count! He put the ball in the basket but the Bulls didn't get the points.

You'd rather have Tyrus Thomas than Luol Deng is basically what you're saying.

Well Tyrus is a PF so he doesn't count. And no I wouldn't...but ill take a SF who can score against a good defense and in the 4th qtr

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 02:57 AM
But in so many years in the NBA, he's never taken full advantage of that. Having the physical tools without ever showing you can utilize them means little.

For being 6'10, he rebounds like a ***** (never averaged over 6 rebounds per game for a season, that's pathetic at 6'10). He had one very nice season in Orlando at age 28 when he nearly averaged 20 PPG. He's now 31 and unless he's a rare player, he's going to start declining.

Deng, although he's been in the league a while, just turned 25 in April and still has much better potential to improve even further. Note: Improve on numbers that are already better than Hedo's. Clearly better.

Ever since Hedo left the loaded Sacramento team hes been doing solid. When he finally got a major role on the Magics he played like one of the best SFs. Im not quick to forget what he did in Orlando like a lot of you after how terrible he did in Toronto. He obviously hated it there for whatever reason and wanted out immediately and he got his wish.

Hedo has better intangibles than Deng. Yea it took him quite a while to use them, but he found it and i would rather have Hedo than Deng on my team.

Raoul Duke_91
07-18-2010, 03:01 AM

:facepalm: HAHA! you = fail

Bulls fans overrate deng?! Laugh my ****ing *** off!!!! Wow your done, if theres anyone that we 100% do NOT overrate its deng, I hear more bulls fans ***** about deng then almost any other player.

hes soft
cant shoot 3s
always injured
inconsistent
never scores meaningful baskets
disappears with the game on the line

.....need I go on.....cuz I can!!!

Dont talk about what bulls fans do when you clearly have no grasp on what we think.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:02 AM
:facepalm: HAHA! you = fail

Bulls fans overrate deng?! Laugh my ****ing *** off!!!! Wow your done, if theres anyone that we 100% do NOT overrate its deng, I hear more bulls fans ***** about deng then almost any other player.

hes soft
cant shoot 3s
always injured
inconsistent
never scores meaningful baskets
disappears with the game on the line

.....need I go on.....cuz I can!!!

Dont talk about what bulls fans do when you clearly have no grasp on what we think.

:nod:

But of course they wont be all over you because youre one of them. Unlike you i have to deal with the stampeding Bulls fans because of an opinion.

Deng just isnt that good guys, plain and simple.

Raoul Duke_91
07-18-2010, 03:02 AM
...I am literally in shock that someone said we overrate deng.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:04 AM
Well Tyrus is a PF so he doesn't count. And no I wouldn't...but ill take a SF who can score against a good defense and in the 4th qtr
Such as?

And be prepared, because I will check the stats. (Funny enough, early on I see how well Deng performed against the defenses in Miami, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Utah, all good defenses. Furthermore, he averaged 13+ PPG against all teams that he faced more than once last year-and only less than 13 against 2 teams total)

Bucsfan
07-18-2010, 03:07 AM
wow no love for ak. your all racists....ak is better than deng...no joke ak is overpaid but so is deng...ak is better in defense and offense

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Ever since Hedo left the loaded Sacramento team hes been doing solid. When he finally got a major role on the Magics he played like one of the best SFs. Im not quick to forget what he did in Orlando like a lot of you after how terrible he did in Toronto. He obviously hated it there for whatever reason and wanted out immediately and he got his wish.

Hedo has better intangibles than Deng. Yea it took him quite a while to use them, but he found it and i would rather have Hedo than Deng on my team.
You're overrating his years with the Magic. He had ONE solid season (2007/2008). The rest are average and NONE of the others even come close to the last 5 years Deng has had.

Still waiting for a list of those 'intangibles' Hedo has that makes him a better player than Deng?

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:09 AM
You're overrating his years with the Magic. He had ONE solid season (2007/2008). The rest are average and NONE of the others even come close to the last 5 years Deng has had.

Still waiting for a list of those 'intangibles' Hedo has that makes him a better player than Deng?

How did i overrate him, i said solid.... im pretty sure those are solid numbers.

And i already said his intangibles buddy...

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:09 AM
wow no love for ak. your all racists....ak is better than deng...no joke ak is overpaid but so is deng...ak is better in defense and offense
Except, he's really not better offensively. He's better defensively IMO, but offensively it's really not even close. And again, he hasn't rebounded for **** in 4 years.

Raoul Duke_91
07-18-2010, 03:10 AM
:nod:

But of course they wont be all over you because youre one of them. Unlike me i have to deal with the stampeding Bulls fans because if an opinion.

Deng just isnt that good guys, plain and simple.

hes decent hes definatly not horrible. He isnt worth what were paying him tho thats for sure. I mean he can rebound the ball, and his defense is above average.

hes slightly better then a middle of the road nba sf. He'd be alot better if he could knock down 3s but he cant... or at least he hasnt shown it yet

he's a 3rd option. Honestly I cant think of a better more realistic way of summing up deng then that. He'll score some points but he cant really be relied upon... and now with Booz he wont so maybe he has a good year

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:14 AM
How did i overrate him, i said solid.... im pretty sure those are solid numbers.

And i already said his intangibles buddy...
Outside of '07/'08, his 'solid' seasons have been considerably less productive than Deng.

What are the intangibles? His height? He doesn't utilize it. Doesn't rebound, doesn't block shots.

His ball-handling? He should handle it well, but again, it's not as if he's utilizing this to get himself an open shot.

He shoots the 3 well? So well that Deng has actually hit a higher percentage of 3's over the last 3 years. Overall, his shooting percentage is much lower than Deng's also.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:15 AM
hes decent hes definatly not horrible. He isnt worth what were paying him tho thats for sure. I mean he can rebound the ball, and his defense is above average.

hes slightly better then a middle of the road nba sf. He'd be alot better if he could knock down 3s but he cant... or at least he hasnt shown it yet

he's a 3rd option. Honestly I cant think of a better more realistic way of summing up deng then that. He'll score some points but he cant really be relied upon... and now with Booz he wont so maybe he has a good year
All I can complain with about Deng is his contract. Other than that he's a solid NBA player who most teams would LOVE to have if it weren't for that contract.

And his 3pt shooting has been a LOT better the last 3 years, he just doesn't shoot it much.

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 03:15 AM
Wow you know how to Google that's ****ing amazing. Look nerd I don't give a **** about the numbers. I think Deng is a piece of **** so get over it. If your goal in life is to get me to agree with you and think Deng is amazing you have lived a life of failure. May God have mercy on your soul.

If you are unwilling to do the research, you will continue to look like a fool in every post.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Wow you know how to Google that's ****ing amazing. Look nerd I don't give a **** about the numbers. I think Deng is a piece of **** so get over it. If your goal in life is to get me to agree with you and think Deng is amazing you have lived a life of failure. May God have mercy on your soul.
And therefore, your 'opinion' means basically nothing to me. If you can't back up a statement which has fact in it (such as wanting a player who can score against good defenses and scoring in the 4th quarter), then don't say it.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Also Deng as missed more than a quarter of games the past three years so thats another thing that needs to be brought up. Hedo is a thousand times more durable than Deng which is a huge.

Raoul Duke_91
07-18-2010, 03:17 AM
its funny looking at deng cuz his numbers are good, I almost cant describe it... But he just never makes the clutch shots for us and thats because he NEVER takes them, with the game on the line last year deng would just disappear offensively.

And I cant even recall(it was alot) how many times hed have like 15 in the first half and then would get NOTHING in the second. I mean like literally no points or 2 but he would be absolutely non existent in the second half of games.... Idk hes an odd player.

ONe thing i will say in his credit is he will rebound the ball pretty well too

Raoul Duke_91
07-18-2010, 03:18 AM
All I can complain with about Deng is his contract. Other than that he's a solid NBA player who most teams would LOVE to have if it weren't for that contract.

And his 3pt shooting has been a LOT better the last 3 years, he just doesn't shoot it much.

how can you say that tho... yea 38% is good but with 1 attempt a game I mean....what does that prove

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 03:19 AM
its funny looking at deng cuz his numbers are good, I almost cant describe it... But he just never makes the clutch shots for us and thats because he NEVER takes them, with the game on the line last year deng would just disappear offensively.

And I cant even recall(it was alot) how many times hed have like 15 in the first half and then would get NOTHING in the second. I mean like literally no points or 2 but he would be absolutely non existent in the second half of games.... Idk hes an odd player.

ONe thing i will say in his credit is he will rebound the ball pretty well too

That's because VDN was the most incompetent fourth quarter coach I've ever seen.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Also Deng as missed more than a quarter of games the past three years so thats another thing that needs to be brought up. Hedo is a thousand times more durable than Deng which is a huge.
Yes, Deng's durability is a question. Hence why his '08 numbers were down compared to the other 4 of his last 5 years. However, he rebounded nicely from that with his best season since '06.

And Hedo isn't exactly an 82 game player every year. Since Deng came into the league, Hedo's played in 48 more games (a high number of those are from the difference in the '08 season).

ILMindState
07-18-2010, 03:21 AM
And therefore, your 'opinion' means basically nothing to me. If you can't back up a statement which has fact in it (such as wanting a player who can score against good defenses and scoring in the 4th quarter), then don't say it.

Thats great. I don't care what you think about my opinion. Ill continue to give them.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:24 AM
how can you say that tho... yea 38% is good but with 1 attempt a game I mean....what does that prove
I mentioned that in the 2nd part, he hasn't shot it much, but he's never shot the 3pt ball often. Still doesn't change that it's a rate stat that has increased considerably from his first 3 years.
But he just never makes the clutch shots for us and thats because he NEVER takes themI don't see that as his fault though. His first 4 years, the Bulls had Gordon taking all the clutch shots. After that, Rose came in. I can't recall any times Deng was given that 'clutch' shot.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Outside of '07/'08, his 'solid' seasons have been considerably less productive than Deng.

What are the intangibles? His height? He doesn't utilize it. Doesn't rebound, doesn't block shots.

His ball-handling? He should handle it well, but again, it's not as if he's utilizing this to get himself an open shot.

He shoots the 3 well? So well that Deng has actually hit a higher percentage of 3's over the last 3 years. Overall, his shooting percentage is much lower than Deng's also.

Well first of all Deng was mainly the second option on offense for most of his time in Chicago. Hedo not only got less minutes but he prolly wasnt even the third option for them.

And you can stick that 3pt percentage right back up your *** because Hedo shoots 300+ more three pointers than Deng.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:27 AM

Hes shot a total of 120 shots from the three the past three years. Damn right he doesnt shoot it that much and for good reason.

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Well first of all Deng was mainly the second option on offense for most of his time in Chicago. Hedo not only got less minutes but he prolly wasnt even the third option for them.

And you can stick that 3pt percentage right back up your *** because Hedo shoots 300+ more three pointers than Deng.

As a "not even third option" Hedo's efficiency should've been better than Deng's/

However, Hedo and Deng over the past few years have used a similar amount of offensive possessions, with Hedo using more during his time with Orlando as compared to Deng.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:32 AM
As a "not even third option" Hedo's efficiency should've been better than Deng's/

However, Hedo and Deng over the past few years have used a similar amount of offensive possessions, with Hedo using more during his time with Orlando as compared to Deng.

The past few years Hedo was one of the main scorers. Im talking about before 07 08

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:32 AM

It's a percentage, Deng not shooting them as often isn't as big of a deal. If Hedo didn't miss as many 3 pointers, perhaps his shooting percentage in general would be better.

Deng was the 2nd option in 2006 and 2009. Other than that, Gordon and Hinrich were both preferred options by the staff. Nocioni was also a more used option, then Rose when he arrived.

In 05/06, Hedo sure looked like the 2nd option in Orlando, same in 07/08. Just at a quick glance, they seem to be used quite similar in a coaching staff's opinion of "scoring option."

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:35 AM
The past few years Hedo was one of the main scorers. Im talking about before 07 08
So you're comparing Hedo at 25 or so to Deng at 20.
Hes shot a total of 120 shots from the three the past three years. Damn right he doesnt shoot it that much and for good reason. Because the Bulls don't generally shoot 3's. They've had an offensive scheme, regardless of coach, surrounding the mid-range jump shot for the last half-decade.

Outside of Gordon, Hinrich and Nocioni (who was hated often for throwing up 3's), Bulls teams just don't throw many up there. In fact, IIRC, they attempted the least of any team last year.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:36 AM
Well, this discussion was fun.

I'd rank Deng somewhere between 7th and 10th depending on health. He's underrated due to his crappy contract and the belief that he's a soft player (probably the only 'soft' player who plays damn good defense).

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:37 AM
It's a percentage, Deng not shooting them as often isn't as big of a deal. If Hedo didn't miss as many 3 pointers, perhaps his shooting percentage in general would be better.

Deng was the 2nd option in 2006 and 2009. Other than that, Gordon and Hinrich were both preferred options by the staff. Nocioni was also a more used option, then Rose when he arrived.

In 05/06, Hedo sure looked like the 2nd option in Orlando, same in 07/08. Just at a quick glance, they seem to be used quite similar in a coaching staff's opinion of "scoring option."

Ummm thats a pretty ignorant post, sorry. I can shoot 1 three pointer in the season and make it and have a 1.000 percentage. Does that mean i am a good three point shooter? No....

In one season Deng shot 7 shots making 1. In two other seasons combined he shot 42 making 16. Thats ridiculous and it inflates his stats. Have you ever wondered that the reason he takes such few three pointers is because he is WIDE open???

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:40 AM
[B]

Ummm thats a pretty ignorant post, sorry. I can shoot 1 three pointer in the season and make it and have a 1.000 percentage. Does that mean i am a good three point shooter? No....

In one season Deng shot 7 shots making 1. In two other seasons combined he shot 42 making 16. Thats ridiculous and it inflates his stats. Have you ever wondered that the reason he takes such few three pointers is because he is WIDE open???
And last year he shot 83, made 32.

Deng was a horrific 3pt shooter his first 3 years in the league. After that 1/7 year, he's improved year after year. In the same 3 year span, he's increased his attempts per game each year while his percentage hasn't dropped back to the area it was his first 3 years.

However, shooting a lot or a little doesn't make someone a bad 3 pt shooter. Someone only shooting 50 a year for 40% isn't a worse shooter than someone attempting 150 making 38%.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:41 AM
So you're comparing Hedo at 25 or so to Deng at 20.Because the Bulls don't generally shoot 3's. They've had an offensive scheme, regardless of coach, surrounding the mid-range jump shot for the last half-decade.

Outside of Gordon, Hinrich and Nocioni (who was hated often for throwing up 3's), Bulls teams just don't throw many up there. In fact, IIRC, they attempted the least of any team last year.

WTF do you want me to do? Its not my fault you decided to argue with me about a player thats 5 years older.

And if your Bulls dont shoot threes so much then why do you bring up Dengs three pointers? Doesnt make sense to me if youre going to bring up Dengs "better" three point percentage and completely disregard how many he actually takes.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:43 AM
And last year he shot 83, made 32.

Deng was a horrific 3pt shooter his first 3 years in the league. After that 1/7 year, he's improved year after year. In the same 3 year span, he's increased his attempts per game each year while his percentage hasn't dropped back to the area it was his first 3 years.

However, shooting a lot or a little doesn't make someone a bad 3 pt shooter. Someone only shooting 50 a year for 40% isn't a worse shooter than someone attempting 150 making 38%.

Yea and Hedo made more 3 pointers last year (in a terrible year) than Deng has made in his entire career.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:44 AM
WTF do you want me to do? Its not my fault you decided to argue with me about a player thats 5 years older.

And if your Bulls dont shoot threes so much then why do you bring up Dengs three pointers? Doesnt make sense to me if youre going to bring up Dengs "better" three point percentage and completely disregard how many he actually takes.
I was only bringing it up because you say one of Hedo's intangibles is that he's a good 3 pt shooter. Just because he attempts more doesn't make him better.

I don't buy the 'his intangibles make him a better player' argument when half the intangibles you list are useless. He's tall, but he doesn't rebound or block shots. He can "create his own shot" but he doesn't shoot for a higher percentage than Deng (in general).

It sounds like you want to argue Hedo is better just to downplay Deng without actually having any statistical support to it.

Hedo attempts more 3's than Deng and gets more assists. That's it. Deng is much younger, a better scorer, better shooter overall, better rebounder and better defender.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Yea and Hedo made more 3 pointers last year (in a terrible year) than Deng has shot in his entire career.
Deng has shot 327 3 pt shots in his career.

Care to rephrase that to say made on both?

Edit: I see you changed it, good catch.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:52 AM
I was only bringing it up because you say one of Hedo's intangibles is that he's a good 3 pt shooter. Just because he attempts more doesn't make him better.

I don't buy the 'his intangibles make him a better player' argument when half the intangibles you list are useless. He's tall, but he doesn't rebound or block shots. He can "create his own shot" but he doesn't shoot for a higher percentage than Deng (in general).

It sounds like you want to argue Hedo is better just to downplay Deng without actually having any statistical support to it.

Hedo attempts more 3's than Deng and gets more assists. That's it. Deng is much younger, a better scorer, better shooter overall, better rebounder and better defender.

Umm obviously it does mean he is a better shooter because thats what he is doing.... shooting. And stop acting like Deng shots WAY better than Hedo from the three. He shoots .01 better Hedo all while shooting 300+ less of them. Ill take Hedo's slightly lower percentage and his 100 more made 3's.

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 03:54 AM
Umm obviously it does mean he is a better shooter because thats what he is doing.... shooting. And stop acting like Deng shots WAY better than Hedo from the three. He shoots .01 better Hedo all while shooting 300+ less of them. Ill take Hedo's slightly lower percentage and his 100 more made 3's.

Take the L like a man.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:54 AM
In general, Deng shoots a higher percentage than Hedo (from the entire floor, not just 3 pt). Maybe I didn't make that clear in my last post because I was commenting on Deng as an overall better shooter.

Hedo can make all the 3's he wants, Deng still scores more per game than he does while shooting at a higher overall percentage, rebounding more and playing solid defense.

Hedo's intangibles don't make up for that difference.

Anyways, this was a nice NBA conversation, stats and all, it's rare here. Have a good night.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:56 AM
Take the L like a man.

Its not like i was gonna win versus a bunch of angry Bull fans. Even though i dont feel im wrong, i will gladly say i did so i can stop arguing since this is going no where.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 03:58 AM
In general, Deng shoots a higher percentage than Hedo (from the entire floor, not just 3 pt). Maybe I didn't make that clear in my last post because I was commenting on Deng as an overall better shooter.

Hedo can make all the 3's he wants, Deng still scores more per game than he does while shooting at a higher overall percentage, rebounding more and playing solid defense.

Hedo's intangibles don't make up for that difference.

Anyways, this was a nice NBA conversation, stats and all, it's rare here. Have a good night.

Lol alright good night.

But to end the discussion, stats dont tell the whole story ;)

shizzle09
07-18-2010, 03:58 AM
When deng is healthy he may be top 10. the guy is freaking fragile as they come. I would choose at least 15 other small forwards before him if i was building a team.

I know because i've had this bastard on my fantasy team 2 out of the last 3 years

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 03:59 AM
Lol alright good night.

But to end the discussion, stats dont tell the whole story ;)
Until you can prove that, they do. :p

Otherwise, I'll just say Boozer's intangibles make him better than Lebron.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Until you can prove that, they do. :p

Otherwise, I'll just say Boozer's intangibles make him better than Lebron.

Relax lol

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Intangibles doesnt have to be seen statistically though. Theres a lot of things Hedo can do that dont show up on the stat sheet. The fact how versatile he is makes it a HUGE factor in comparing the two. Also, the way he can break down a defense at his height.

Rebounding is pretty bad for his height, but that can be due to a number of reasons. He is a perimeter player and hes also played with the best rebounding big in the league since hes been in Orlando

Gators123
07-18-2010, 07:53 AM
he hasn't shown up in Detroit yet..

Most Bulls fans are delusional, ignore the fact that he was injured almost the whole year.

His first 9 games before he injured his ankle he averaged 24 PPG on almost 50% shooting!. BG was playing great.

He had surgery on his ankle a few weeks ago, next season will be MUCH better.

bostncelts34
07-18-2010, 08:41 AM
1. LBJ
2. Melo
3. KD
4. Granger
5. Pierce
6. Gay
7. Wallace
8. Butler
9. Artest
10. Deng/Salmons/Turk Pretty much could go anyway in my opinion.

BTW. IS Igoudala technically a sf?

bbcmillionaire
07-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Lol wow I speak for all bulls fans when I say...... We don't over rate deng, we'd upgrade in a minute if we could, but deng isn't Abadan player to be " stuck" with. And don't diss an entire fan base, if you want the bull be prePared for the horns!!!!

kobebabe
07-18-2010, 10:06 AM
top 10

dtmagnet
07-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Middle of the pack SF, i guess that places him in the range of 15th at his position.

monty77
07-18-2010, 10:38 AM
1. LBJ ok
2. KD ok
3. Melo ok
4. Granger ok
5. Gerald Wallace ok
6. Pierce ok
7. Iguodala ok
8. Rudy Gay ok
9. Artest no better than deng
10. Butler Is SG
11. Salmons No better and is SG
12. Gallinari No better
13. Marion No better and is PF
13. Ariza No better
15. Hedo No better
16. Deng

Deng is top 10 sure

South Sided
07-18-2010, 10:55 AM
1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Melo
4. Granger
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Pierce
7. Iguodala
8. Rudy Gay
9. Artest
10. Butler
11. Salmons
12. Gallinari
13. Marion
13. Ariza
15. Hedo
16. Deng
Best list yet except maybe Artest & Ariza

Ray_R
07-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Somewhere in top 15. He is a good rebounder but is inconsitent on the offensive side.

Swashcuff
07-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I can't get how a SF who averages a solid 18 PPG as well as 8 RPG with above average D is acceptable as the 16th best PF in the game. I mean Shawn Marion is a shadow of his former self, Artest though a top 2 defender in the game is not as great all round as he was 3 years ago, Hedo.... i mean please he found his niche in Orlando and was absolutely horrible last season (though as a sun his numbers are going to increase next season, Ariza who had one good year of basically chucking in Houston (much more athletic and better defender than Deng though) and John Salmons who plays mostly SG is a better SF than Deng. Butler is not a SG he is a SF but he himself has regressed from a couple years ago in that high paced Washington system under Eddie Jordan. Deng's place is right about 9-10.

1.LeBron James
2.Kevin Durant
3.Carmelo Anthony
4. Danny Granger
5.Gerald Wallace
6.Paul Pierce
7.Andre Iguodala
8.Rudy Gay
9.Luol Deng
10.Danilo Gallinari

Next season he and Gallo will be interchangeable.

Artest while still extremely talented may no long be and overall top 10 SF in the NBA but as far as value to his team goes he may be top 5.

Swashcuff
07-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Deng is top 10 sure

Butler is not a SG and Marion is not a PF. They are both SFs.

Sixerlover
07-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Coming from a die hard Sixers fan, and many other Sixers fan that posted in this thread Iguodala is a SF. He is by no means a SG.

But with that said, Deng to me is in the 3rd tier of SF's in the NBA. 1st tier is LeBron, Durant, Melo 2nd tier is Pierce, Wallace, Iguodala, Granger 3rd tier is the Deng's, Turkoglu's, Butler's and Artest's of the world.

Swashcuff
07-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Coming from a die hard Sixers fan, and many other Sixers fan that posted in this thread Iguodala is a SF. He is by no means a SG.

But with that said, Deng to me is in the 3rd tier of SF's in the NBA. 1st tier is LeBron, Durant, Melo 2nd tier is Pierce, Wallace, Iguodala, Granger 3rd tier is the Deng's, Turkoglu's, Butler's and Artest's of the world.

that's a fair and logical assessment.... could always count on a 76ers fan to say something smart

South Sided
07-18-2010, 12:24 PM

100% agree. A very fair statement. BTW do you think the sixers would take a Deng/Gibson for Iguodala trade???

BullsFTW
07-18-2010, 12:53 PM
2010-2011 Pre-Season
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Danny Granger
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Paul Pierce
7. Luol Deng
8. Rudy Gay
9. Andre Iguodala
10. Caron Butler

After 2010-2011 Season

1. Kevin Durant
2. LeBron James
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Danny Granger
5. Luol Deng
6. Gerald Wallace
7. Rudy Gay
8. Paul Pierce
9. Andre Iguodala
10. Caron Butler

Swashcuff
07-18-2010, 01:01 PM
2010-2011 Pre-Season
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Danny Granger
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Paul Pierce
7. Luol Deng
8. Rudy Gay
9. Andre Iguodala
10. Caron Butler

After 2010-2011 Season

1. Kevin Durant
2. LeBron James
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Danny Granger
5. Luol Deng
6. Gerald Wallace
7. Rudy Gay
8. Paul Pierce
9. Andre Iguodala
10. Caron Butler

Homer much...

at no point was Deng better than Iguodala or Rudy Gay

jdub747
07-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Ak47

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Homer much...

All three are on the same and do different things well, as far as I'm concerned, they are interchangeable.

For the Bulls, we have Rose and Boozer, so I'd take Deng out of those three because he fits our team best, he needs the ball the least to be successful. He's also the best defender and rebounder of the three. If I had to build around any of the three (which would be very unfortunate) then I'd go with Iguodala with Gay as a close second.

There are several reasons Deng is near the top of APM every season, he does a lot of things well and because he's not flashy and makes a lot of money he gets underrated.

drobe86
07-18-2010, 01:42 PM
1. LeBron
2. Melo
3. KD
4. Gerald Wallace
5. Danny Granger
6. Paul Pierce
7. Ron Artest
8. Luol Deng
9. Rudy Gay

Luol Deng is better than Butler in what sport? Definately not basketball, but maybe Soccer.....

drobe86
07-18-2010, 01:46 PM
I find it funny how before July 8th every Bulls fan was telling me that they were going to trade Deng and get something valuable. Now that it didnt happen Deng is a top 10 SF and you guys wanted him all along. Chicago Bulls fans= blind homers....

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Luol Deng is better than Butler in what sport? Definately not basketball, but maybe Soccer.....

Deng was a lot more productive last year and has been throughout his career.

Also, give me Deng because he's five years younger.

drobe86
07-18-2010, 01:51 PM
caron butler and luol deng for their careers both average 16 and 6. Though Butler has much better Playoff statistics and is a 2 time all star. I've played in the same amount of all star games as Luol Deng.

drobe86
07-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Deng was a lot more productive last year and has been throughout his career.

Also, give me Deng because he's five years younger.

How was deng alot more productive? If Deng was so productive why is Chicago always hovering around 7th, 8th seed and the weak *** East? Why no all star games? You chicago fans are idiots.....

HesterTrain
07-18-2010, 01:55 PM
How was deng alot more productive? If Deng was so productive why is Chicago always hovering around 7th, 8th seed and the weak *** East? Why no all star games? You chicago fans are idiots.....

Deng has been injured a lot. To call Chicago fans idiots is just idiotic in itself. Take a look in the mirror and figure out why the Mavericks can have a good season, but bomb in the playoffs. What a joke.

effen5
07-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Most Bulls fans are delusional, ignore the fact that he was injured almost the whole year.

His first 9 games before he injured his ankle he averaged 24 PPG on almost 50% shooting!. BG was playing great.

He had surgery on his ankle a few weeks ago, next season will be MUCH better.

You know whose delusional? Detroit fans because they thought the Bulls would be a lot worse with out BG....yet we had the same record with Bg as we did without BG.

Bulls fans knew BG was overrated and most of us wanted him gone especially the money he was askin for.

effen5
07-18-2010, 01:57 PM

BC Dengs been injured a lot.

lavilevi23
07-18-2010, 02:02 PM
lol @ people ranking Deng over Rudy Gay...

drobe86
07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Deng has been injured a lot. To call Chicago fans idiots is just idiotic in itself. Take a look in the mirror and figure out why the Mavericks can have a good season, but bomb in the playoffs. What a joke.

So how can Deng be considered a top 10 SF if he rarely EVER plays? As I said before: When chicago thought they could get lbj, wade, or bosh Deng was expendable. He wasn't a good player. Now that you see that the Bulls can't GIVE him away now he's a top 10 SF. That's pure blasphemy....

If Luol Deng is so good why can't the Bulls move him? And they have tried to for the last 2 years.....

DCSportsIsPain
07-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Luol Deng, not Top 10. And Paul Pierce is insanely over-rated by a large number of people.

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 02:05 PM

So all-star games make you a better player? Chris Kaman made the all-star team this year, is he better than Andrew Bogut? (Hint: the answer is an emphatic NO)

Neither Deng, nor Butler are #1 options, so to corelate their individual performance to the entire team's success is just goofy. FWIW, Caron Butler has been out of the first round just as many time as Deng, and that was because he had Odom and Wade. Deng carried the Bulls to the second round.

Gators123
07-18-2010, 02:07 PM
You know whose delusional? Detroit fans because they thought the Bulls would be a lot worse with out BG....yet we had the same record with Bg as we did without BG.

Bulls fans knew BG was overrated and most of us wanted him gone especially the money he was askin for.

Bulls fans talk about BG more then Pistons fans do.

Don't waste your time talking to me, go jack off to your Derrick Rose posters in your room.

effen5
07-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Luol Deng, not Top 10. And Paul Pierce is insanely over-rated by a large number of people.

This,

Im a bulls fan and I don't think Deng is great, but he is consistent though.

drobe86
07-18-2010, 02:20 PM
So all-star games make you a better player? Chris Kaman made the all-star team this year, is he better than Andrew Bogut? (Hint: the answer is an emphatic NO)

Neither Deng, nor Butler are #1 options, so to corelate their individual performance to the entire team's success is just goofy. FWIW, Caron Butler has been out of the first round just as many time as Deng, and that was because he had Odom and Wade. Deng carried the Bulls to the second round.

Ok i understand your point about neither being number 1 options but, if a player is good at some point he should make an all star game. Deng has not.

drobe86
07-18-2010, 02:27 PM

And Yes All star games do make you a better player. After all there is a reason you were voted to the all star game. It means you were good. Think about it, Lebron or Luol Deng? That's obvious because Lebron a what 6 or 7 time all star and Deng has been to 0. Get it?

drobe86
07-18-2010, 02:30 PM
1.Lebron
2.Durant
3.Melo
4.Granger
5.Pierce
6.Wallace
7.Deng
8.Gay
9.Artest
10.Gallinari

1.Lebron
2. Durant
3. Melo
4. Paul Pierce
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Rudy Gay
7. Caron Butler
8. Josh Smith (hes a true sf not pf)
9. Iguodala
10. Rashard Lewis (hes a true sf not pf)

Starballer
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
1.Lebron
2. Durant
3. Melo
4. Paul Pierce
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Rudy Gay
7. Caron Butler
8. Josh Smith (hes a true sf not pf)
9. Iguodala
10. Rashard Lewis (hes a true sf not pf)

So you say Josh Smith is a SF but then say Caron Butler is better than him. Homer??? For the past 3 seasons Rashard Lewis and Josh Smith has played primarily and is Smith's case exclusively the 4. That shows that they are now seen as PFs. Plus have you looked at Rashard Lewis play the last two season. You must have because you certainly won't rank him in your top 10 anything.

The real top 10

1.LeBron James
2.Kevin Durant
3.Carmelo Anthony
4. Danny Granger
5.Gerald Wallace
6.Paul Pierce
7.Andre Iguodala
8.Rudy Gay
9.Danilo Gallinari
10.Luol Deng

Caron Butler proved last season with the Wiz that he has regressed and is no longer deserving of top 10 consideration.

zambo4president
07-18-2010, 03:30 PM

That all is true so atleast you figured it out on your own. Wasn't even talking about Butler, Im talking about Iggy. Salmons at the 3 :laugh: :laugh: So Deng was the 7th most efficient SF in the league last season put up 17 and 7 and plays great defense but that warrants him the 16th spot? Your out of your ****ing mind and if you think Im going to "stfu" Im gonna just keep coming at you because almost every one of your posts in this thread just gets increasingly ignorant. Please provide some numbers that makes Deng suck so badly.

HesterTrain
07-18-2010, 03:42 PM
So how can Deng be considered a top 10 SF if he rarely EVER plays? As I said before: When chicago thought they could get lbj, wade, or bosh Deng was expendable. He wasn't a good player. Now that you see that the Bulls can't GIVE him away now he's a top 10 SF. That's pure blasphemy....

If Luol Deng is so good why can't the Bulls move him? And they have tried to for the last 2 years.....

I never said he was in the top 10 SF's, but when healthy he can be. We couldn't move him due to the fact that no other organization wanted to take on such a big contract. It's not that teams weren't interested, because they were. Like I said the contract was just a little too much for a player that has been injured recently.

KG2TB
07-18-2010, 04:33 PM
What's funny about these top 10 lists are that most of them suck

Sixerlover
07-18-2010, 04:34 PM
100% agree. A very fair statement. BTW do you think the sixers would take a Deng/Gibson for Iguodala trade???

It'd probably have to be a Deng to a 3rd team for a younger SF type deal and a pick? Idk im kind of liking this Houston offer that has surfaced for Iggy

The Raven
07-18-2010, 04:40 PM
I wouldnt even put him in the top 20

Starballer
07-18-2010, 04:41 PM
I wouldnt even put him in the top 20

who is your top 20 then?

Sixerlover
07-18-2010, 04:43 PM
All three are on the same and do different things well, as far as I'm concerned, they are interchangeable.

For the Bulls, we have Rose and Boozer, so I'd take Deng out of those three because he fits our team best, he needs the ball the least to be successful. He's also the best defender and rebounder of the three. If I had to build around any of the three (which would be very unfortunate) then I'd go with Iguodala with Gay as a close second.

There are several reasons Deng is near the top of APM every season, he does a lot of things well and because he's not flashy and makes a lot of money he gets underrated.
Where do I begin?
All three do things very differently, and are far from interchangeable. Gay is a scorer who makes his bones on that night in and night out, Iguodala is a do everything guy (as shown by the stat that only him and LeBron have averaged at least 17,6 and 6 the last two years), and Deng is 2nd behind Iggy of the three in my opinion (I also believe Rudy Gay is the most overrated player in the league).

He isn't as good a defender of small forwards and not even close to guarding 2's where Iguodala can effectively defend both of them better than both Deng and Gay. When you actually look at some real shooting stats, you see that Iguodala, Deng and Gay are on the same level as far as the spot up shot category, which denies you "doesn't need the ball to be effective" argument. Iguodala is also an ironman only missing 6 starts in his entire 6 year career up to date, where Deng's health issues are highly documented.

I don't see how you'd rather build your team around a Luol Deng than an Andre Iguodala. Dre is clearly the better player. But in a perfect world no one would be building their team around either.

mikantsass
07-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Deng is prob top 20. SF is a pretty deep position in the NBA though...

In no order,
Lebron, Melo, Durant, Pierce, Granger, Iggy, Gay, Gerald, Butler, Ariza, Artest, Turkoglu are all better.

Then you have the tweeners who are either SG/SF or SF/PF like....
Vince, SJax, J Johnson, J Smoove, Roy, Rashard, Green, Salmons, Odom, Rip, Gallinari, Chandler

Its tough to rank them

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Deng AND Gibson for Iguodala, who's overall numbers were damn near identical to Deng's last year except for assists?

You're giving up 15 RPG and 25 PPG for Iguodala, I just don't get how that makes sense to a Bulls organization.

redwhitenblue
07-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Deng is prob top 20. SF is a pretty deep position in the NBA though...

In no order,
Lebron, Melo, Durant, Pierce, Granger, Iggy, Gay, Gerald, Butler, Ariza, Artest, Turkoglu are all better.

Then you have the tweeners who are either SG/SF or SF/PF like....
Vince, SJax, J Johnson, J Smoove, Roy, Rashard, Green, Salmons, Odom, Rip, Gallinari, Chandler

Its tough to rank them
Hurricanes and me argued on this one last night, how in the hell is Turkoglu (or Ariza) better than Deng?

"Intangibles?"

Because of Deng's bad contract and injuries, many people act like he's a bad player. He averaged 17 PPG and 7 RPG last year in 70 games. His highest numbers since his career year of 2006. And let's not forget, Deng JUST turned 25! He's still on the upswing of his career.

monty77
07-18-2010, 06:43 PM

No accept trade, 76ers bad team, only show there is iguodala's highlights...

jaded01
07-18-2010, 07:32 PM
what would be a better thread is where does luol rank on the OMFG BAD SF CONTRACT!~!~ list. rudy gay wins that one methinks.

also, hedo sucks. donkey balls.

BullsFTW
07-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Homer much...

Actually you're wrong. I'm not from Chicago. I'm from Guam. I guess you never played of organized ball. Deng offers more intangibles than Gay or Iguodala. He plays better D than Gay and shoots better than Iggy. He rebounds better than the two as well. Just because They can jump higher does not mean they're better. Watch the Bulls game next time and watch how Deng impacts the game.

BullsFTW
07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Hurricanes and me argued on this one last night, how in the hell is Turkoglu (or Ariza) better than Deng?

"Intangibles?"

Because of Deng's bad contract and injuries, many people act like he's a bad player. He averaged 17 PPG and 7 RPG last year in 70 games. His highest numbers since his career year of 2006. And let's not forget, Deng JUST turned 25! He's still on the upswing of his career.

Hurricane obviously doesn't like the Bulls.

Turk< Deng

Starballer
07-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Actually you're wrong. I'm not from Chicago. I'm from Guam. I guess you never played of organized ball. Deng offers more intangibles than Gay or Iguodala. He plays better D than Gay and shoots better than Iggy. He rebounds better than the two as well. Just because They can jump higher does not mean they're better. Watch the Bulls game next time and watch how Deng impacts the game.

horrible assessment. You say all that Deng can do and give Iguodala and Gay no credit. At no point was Deng better than Iguodala nor Gay. The other poster is right. BOTH Iguodala and Gay (especially) impact the games in more ways that Luol Deng ever has for the Bulls. This coming from someone who has watched more Bulls games than the average NBA fan.

BullsFTW
07-18-2010, 09:33 PM
horrible assessment. You say all that Deng can do and give Iguodala and Gay no credit. At no point was Deng better than Iguodala nor Gay. The other poster is right. BOTH Iguodala and Gay (especially) impact the games in more ways that Luol Deng ever has for the Bulls. This coming from someone who has watched more Bulls games than the average NBA fan.

Ok, maybe you should watch Bulls game in the court side because those nose bleed seats. Obviously you're assessment sucks too.

Sadds The Gr8
07-18-2010, 09:40 PM
1) Lebron
2) KD
3) Melo
4) Granger
5) Pierce
6) Crash
7) Gay
8) Caron
9) Iggy
10) Artest