PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Fans Only ... Will You Still Cheer For Lebron?

Tony_Starks
07-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Cleveland fans well Im sure we can understand their pain. I guess Knick fans also, even though no one outside New York thought he was going there, they still waited 2 years for him so Im sure he'll get no love there. Clippers and Nets fans knew they were long shots, and I don't see the Bulls fans caring too much because they have a great squad regardless.

Outside of that the casual fan that liked him before should still like him now right? I mean his decision doesn't affect your team... Or will you hate to go along with the crowd?

daleja424
07-17-2010, 10:25 PM
good question. I think that the hate will be pretty widespread for a little while. Soon enough people will forget tho, and the casual fan will cheer again.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2010, 10:29 PM
good question. I think that the hate will be pretty widespread for a little while. Soon enough people will forget tho, and the casual fan will cheer again.

Thanks, yeah I agree. I kinda get why those teams I mentioned are hating but I really don't get why the fans that aren't affected are jumping on the bandwagon. I think its just the popular thing to do right now.

Gators123
07-17-2010, 10:31 PM

Thanks, yeah I agree. I kinda get why those teams I mentioned are hating but I really don't get why the fans that aren't affected are jumping on the bandwagon. I think its just the popular thing to do right now.

I Agree.

UofA
07-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes I will, although I will always wish he hadn't gone to the heat

black1605
07-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Bobcats fan, always loved Lebron, still do.

Ebbs
07-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I still dont like the guy I never did . . .That doesn't change the fact he is the best NBA player today currently. Love him or hate him people cant let that interfere with him being known as a great player.

bigsams50
07-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Bobcats fan, always loved Lebron, still do.

This lol.

Baller1
07-17-2010, 10:35 PM
I'll always cheer for Lebron. His hate is generated simply by his insane talents and being one of the best players the game has ever seen.

You're still the **** Lebron, and you're the best player on this planet.

Ray_R
07-17-2010, 10:38 PM
BullsFan-
Use to love him, but the stuff that has been coming out like the whole USA basketball fiasco childish thing deal has made me change my opinion.

HeaTxRipZz
07-17-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm probably one of the few Bulls/Knicks fans who aren't joining in on the hate bandwaggon. My reasoning is though those are my fav teams (Bulls since childhood and recently knicks because it's my hometown team) I have favorite players that aren't even on them the teams I root for. Been a Wade fan for what 5 years now and just recently (Right before the playoffs) began to respect Lebron's game before then I didn't like the dude I felt he was nothing but a dunker. With that said there isn't hate from me unless of course they are playing one of my teams then of course I have to go against them but I won't be hopping on any bandwaggons won't fake like a heat fan and won't be a heat hater

Ray Allen is my 2nd fav player behind Jordan and i never jumped to hate or cheer for the celtics when that move was made back in 07/08. I think people hate when it's not their team getting them players cause I guarentee any team that struck gold and got those same 3 players the fans of them teams would be happy as hell and give Lebron a free pass for his "The Decision" Show. It always happens like that

JordansBulls
07-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Cleveland fans well Im sure we can understand their pain. I guess Knick fans also, even though no one outside New York thought he was going there, they still waited 2 years for him so Im sure he'll get no love there. Clippers and Nets fans knew they were long shots, and I don't see the Bulls fans caring too much because they have a great squad regardless.

Outside of that the casual fan that liked him before should still like him now right? I mean his decision doesn't affect your team... Or will you hate to go along with the crowd?

Well Wade was my favorite player in the league anyway, so if I cheer for them, it will be because of Wade not Lebron.

More-Than-Most
07-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Will I cheer for him? no... But not because I don't like him... I don't like rooting for the power house team. I love the underdog. Its why I hate the lakers and Celtics. I cheered for lebron when he was on the cavs because the city needed a championship and because as great as he was he was still the underdog because he never had a Gasol or an Allen or Garnet. My overall opinion of his place in history has changed because I personally believe he will never be a Bryant or Jordan because he took the easy way out.

R.I.P.#34
07-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Bulls fan, I'm fairly indifferent about Lebron. I feel some of the hate is unjustified, but he definitely hasn't handled this summer as well as he could have. That I'm definitely going to be cheering against the Heat as a team this year, not that I was a fan before.

Tmath
07-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Why would i cheer for someone that isn't on my team.

spreadeagle
07-17-2010, 10:51 PM
I cant remember in the history of sport a guy going from being so well liked to hated by so many ppl "hates a strong word,disliked"... that wasnt because of drugs violence or gambling all because of that stupid espn decision.He just needs a good PR team and to fire some of his yes men.

97NYer
07-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Knicks fan-

Hope to see the Knicks have success at Miami's expense. Know LeBron is a fantastic player, and admire him for his abilities as well as hate him as a rival.

Coach V
07-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't get why people can't understand the distaste that many have with the way that this whole LeBron thing has gone down. I am a coach myself and LeBron and his antics are a represention of what is wrong in Sports today. I have seen a culture of Athlete go from hard work and a willingness to compete be replaced with I want to WIN and RIGHT NOW. At my level that means kids and their knucklehead parents trying to decide where to send their sons to have the best chance of WINNING. What about competing and beating the best . The reason that the 1980 hockey team is still recognized is because a buch of humble kids overcame the odds and competed and beat the super team. It is this that we appreciate not what LeBron and his buddies are doing. Even if they win it will be forever tainted by most in this country for the way that they went about it. It is the journey in Sport that is important not the destination.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Im like this I admired his game before and will still watch and admire now. OF course when he plays my Lakers then he's a enemy just like everyone else but I can't see somehow holding a grude over him basically just making an
a ss of himself.

Ray_R
07-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Im like this I admired his game before and will still watch and admire now. OF course when he plays my Lakers then he's a enemy just like everyone else but I can't see somehow holding a grude over him basically just making an
a ss of himself.

I think most people dont hate him but they have lost all respect they had for him.

Bullsfan22
07-17-2010, 11:32 PM
lebron was and still is my second favorite player in the NBA.

DCsports
07-17-2010, 11:34 PM
I like him even more now because I hate the cavs

lostmymind
07-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Didnt like him before so i could care less now.

knicksfan42
07-17-2010, 11:52 PM

If you were a bandwagon hopper you would understand.

Westbrook36
07-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Once he starts making some highlight reel plays this will all turn around for him, you can't hate a top player who hasn't done much other then switch teams.

You can cheer for players that aren't on you're team, respecting players.

Baller1
07-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Bulls fan, I'm fairly indifferent about Lebron. I feel some of the hate is unjustified, but he definitely hasn't handled this summer as well as he could have. That I'm definitely going to be cheering against the Heat as a team this year, not that I was a fan before.

There's the truth right there.

Well said.

Penetra8r
07-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Hes an exciting basketball player to watch.

But I'm a homer to Kobe!

Woddsicle
07-18-2010, 12:04 AM

I couldn't have said it better myself

Tony_Starks
07-18-2010, 12:13 AM
I couldn't have said it better myself

How about admiring someone's game? I support my team but I still recognize other great players talent. As much as I hate the Celtics I even have to give props to some of their players.

To me thats a part of just loving the game of basketball as a whole....

ChaseHamels
07-18-2010, 12:18 AM

hate to go along with the crowd?

I've been on these forums for years and that is one of the most annoying sentences I've ever read. The guy is a douche and I have no affiliation with any of the cities involved. It isn't trendy to hate Lebron James. It's well deserved.

krazylegz
07-18-2010, 12:23 AM
yea,lebron is pretty much a douche bag...great player,but still guilty of 1st degree douchbagary

blastmasta26
07-18-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm a Knick fan, but I've said it before, I don't hate LeBron or Miami at all. But none of these choices apply to me. I never liked or disliked LeBron, I've been indifferent to him.

Enemey
07-18-2010, 01:34 AM

I must agree . :clap::clap::clap:

I hated him in Cleavland but i had respect for him. Lebron James is arguably the best player in the League but Lost alotta respect now during this summer of how he handled things and what happend in USA Olympics .

thesprite
07-18-2010, 04:41 AM
I'm a Knick fan, but I've said it before, I don't hate LeBron or Miami at all. But none of these choices apply to me. I never liked or disliked LeBron, I've been indifferent to him.

close to that.. i appreciate him for the skillset he got.. but other than that, i didn't care which team he signs.. with regards to the question, is "cheer" really the word? :D i'll "cheer" for him when he create a great play or an spectacular dunk, same as any other player.. after all, who wouldn't want entertainment basketball?

.. on the other hand, i've got to understand 50% of the "frustrated" fans, the cleveland fans.. they lose more than a franchise player.. a player that defined the city of cleveland (until he left).. but i also admit, a little portion of them were there/here just to intensify the hate and frustration (too much of those conspiracy theories).. and well,the other 40%, they're the (mostly lakers) fans who just want to bash the player because suddenly he joined a team that could be a threat to their own teams.. and the remaining 10%, bandwagoners who pretend to "symphatize".. forget the numbers, i just observed that they're divided that way..

ldc62
07-18-2010, 04:43 AM
I'll enjoy watching the Heat play, but I can't say I will cheer for them come playoff time. Teams in the East I rather see win: Bulls, Celtics and Bucks.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-18-2010, 04:45 AM
Pacers fan that's been obsessed with LeBron since his high school ish... Greatness!!! Get my answer?? Haha

thesprite
07-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Pacers fan that's been obsessed with LeBron since his high school ish... Greatness!!! Get my answer?? Haha

you don't root for the mavs? :confused: :D

val_modus
07-18-2010, 04:55 AM
No, i was hooked on LeBron because he was a young superstar that was already making his mark as one of the best ever, possibly rising above Jordan later in his career... now that will be impossible with him playing with two of the most talented players at their positions... just proves that he cant do it by himself

path2zion
07-18-2010, 05:18 AM
Haven't liked bron since the first time I saw him flinging his fairy dust. Now such thing as too much attention for a guy like that.

greek miami hea
07-18-2010, 07:21 AM
This lol.

hey,ti ginetai(whats up)??? :P

Swashcuff
07-18-2010, 07:45 AM
I cared where LeBron went... I mean I really wanted to see him Rose and Noah in Chitown. But that was just the NBA fan in me wanting to see the Bulls do well again. Him going to the Heat however wasn't a big deal whatsoever. After all it was the 100% right basketball choice for him, so YES.

arlubas
07-18-2010, 07:52 AM
My opinion on him as a person has changed but I still think he's one of the top3 players in the game right now and I also won't have any problem watching the Heat play some fun basketball this next season. I trully could care less what he did with his decision, I'm more of a pure basketball fan, not a certain player or team's groopie.

xxseven72ducexx
07-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Before he decided to go to the Heat I used to cheer for LeBron and I'm a Knicks fan...I never thought he was coming here although I still had that little bit of hope that he would but as soon as he made that decision I lost a lot of respect for him on and off the court...now, I still think he's one of the best players in the world if not the NBA (slightly behind Kobe if anything since Kobe has 5 rings and he still has ZERO) but that doesn't change the fact that I don't agree with his decision to leave Cleveland and go to Miami...If people don't think that he's ring-chasing they're crazy, I mean I don't have a problem with wanting to win a ring, there's nothing wrong with that but bc of how we went about it and then chose to sign to a team with 2 of the best 10 players in the league definitely takes something away from it for me...so to sum it all up, I appreciate and respect LeBron's game, that's not a question but no longer do I want him to win a ring like I once did, I will forever root AGAINST him, Chris Bosh and the Heat (oh and I don't hate on D-Wade bc this was originally his team but now I can't root for him either) to win a championship.

Swashcuff
07-18-2010, 08:06 AM
People ask why would I cheer for a player who isn't on my team. Why? Because you are not just a fan of your team you are "supposed" to be a fan of the NBA. Your team isn't going to play every game every day every finals. If you are a fan of the NBA you'd understand. I mean I am a HUGE Cubs fan but everyday I root for Albert Pujols to hit a HR even if its against us (once we get the W). As a fan of the sport you'd be expected to appreciate greatness. Not hate because of the person, but respect because of the player. But hey thats not how the world works.

t_money25
07-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I'll cheer for him to redeem himself on the court but I may be a little biased cause the Heat is my team..

I was getting tired of all of these "Hate LeBron threads but I'm not anymore because I bet Brett Favre must be extremely pissed no one is paying him any attention this off season. LeBron is getting all the headlines!! Lol....this is probably the only good thing to come out of Lebron's "decision"

JasonJohnHorn
07-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I wont be rooting for him. I thought he was the best player in the league, but the way he left and what he left for tells me something about him. Firstly, that he's more concerned about GETTING a ring than he is with EARNING a ring (Adam Morrison has two, but he hasnt earned one), and he obviously doesnt think HE is good enough to do it with a supporting cast that isnt stacked with all stars.

I also dont like how he went about it. I know the hype and stuff was likely the idea of his PR team or agent, but he is an adult and didnt have to go along with it, he could have let the Cavs know in private first, and if he had decided he was going to leave Cleveland he could have told them mid-season so that they might be able to trade him and get some real value in return. Also, his tentative approach prevented his team (the Cavs) from signing Ariza last year (Ariza sited the fact that LBJ would make no promises about his tenure in Cleveland for NOT signing with the team), and WAS part of the reason the Cavs had a hard time getting better (though the front office still should have made a move to get a shooting guard at mid-season instead of a power forward).

So obviously LBJ doesnt think he can do it without and all-star cast, and obviously its more about 'getting' the gold and not so much about 'earning' it.

So yeah... my opinion has changed dramatically. I still think he is the most gifted and talented player, but you have to be mentally tough and confient on the floor as well in order to be the best, and now that LBJ has clearly conceded that he does have enough of either, the best player in the league is officially Kobe Bryant, which is sad for me, because I actually hate Kobe Bryant a lot :-( Althought I do like Gasol and Odom.

Tim Duncan is now the second best player for those of you who wanted to know. ;-)

USMCLaker
07-18-2010, 11:45 AM

Personally, I do not cheer for individuals (Not even Kobe) I cheer for teams. The only possible exception being the underdog.

mark1125
07-18-2010, 11:48 AM
A) I never root for the media hyped teams.

B) I always root for the underdogs.

C) Never liked LeBron in the first place.

D) Nothing pisses me off more than frontrunner fans.

Sixerlover
07-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Of course. He's been my favorite player since '04

New Y0rk3r
07-18-2010, 11:55 AM

I agree with A n B.
About C, i never liked LBJ attitude, but i really enjoy his game

knicksfan42
07-18-2010, 12:07 PM

D) Nothing pisses me off more than frontrunner fans.

This^

As for C, LeBron has always been a douchebag. The ballboy and Joakim Noah incidents are just two examples of his massive douchebagary. He's also extremely arrogant (i.e referring to himself in third person, ''The Decision''). Whats not to hate about his character?

ink
07-18-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't hate him but Lebron lost my respect a long time before the "Decision". That said, I don't see how anyone could really respect many of the top NBA stars. Far more prima donnas than any other pro sport IMO. Love the sport, can't stand the superstars. Best thing to do is ignore them and watch some of the new stars coming into the league like Durant, or veterans that are near retirement like Nash.

ChiSox219
07-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Used to be one of the biggest Lebron backers on PSD

Now, I could care less about him and I'd be happy to see Kobe get another ring before Lebron.

ragman
07-18-2010, 01:16 PM
No.

k.smith904
07-18-2010, 01:16 PM
- Bulls fan.

Never really liked him to begin with. Too much hype, not enough results on the court. Sure, I got excited that there was a possibility Chicago could land him, but that never really changed my opinion of him, both as a player and a person.

raidersrock99
07-18-2010, 01:24 PM
no hate on you...but im so sick of hearing about this loser

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Before he decided to go to the Heat I used to cheer for LeBron and I'm a Knicks fan...I never thought he was coming here although I still had that little bit of hope that he would but as soon as he made that decision I lost a lot of respect for him on and off the court...now, I still think he's one of the best players in the world if not the NBA (slightly behind Kobe if anything since Kobe has 5 rings and he still has ZERO) but that doesn't change the fact that I don't agree with his decision to leave Cleveland and go to Miami...If people don't think that he's ring-chasing they're crazy, I mean I don't have a problem with wanting to win a ring, there's nothing wrong with that but bc of how we went about it and then chose to sign to a team with 2 of the best 10 players in the league definitely takes something away from it for me...so to sum it all up, I appreciate and respect LeBron's game, that's not a question but no longer do I want him to win a ring like I once did, I will forever root AGAINST him, Chris Bosh and the Heat (oh and I don't hate on D-Wade bc this was originally his team but now I can't root for him either) to win a championship.

I 100% agree... I love his game.. Dislike his competitive spirit... You can't want all the glory and shy away from ur leadership responsibilities ... Dudes like d wade , durant , Kobe are killers. I thought Lebron had that in him.. Now I'll Neva now.. That's my beef.

Jaji
07-18-2010, 01:46 PM

This.

I also don't think his brand will take a hit. Maybe it will the 1st year but you have to believe they're going to start winning some ships and he will be in all MVP talks, regular season (about 25, 10, and 8 on a title contender?) and Finals. He's still LeBron James and his talent hasn't diminished at all. In fact, he's still getting better as he is still only 25.

ink
07-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Used to be one of the biggest Lebron backers on PSD

Now, I could care less about him and I'd be happy to see Kobe get another ring before Lebron.

It doesn't have to be either/or. Just because someone dislikes one superstar doesn't mean they have to switch over to the other annoying superstar. lol.

Lloyd Christmas
07-18-2010, 02:11 PM
I never really "liked" Lebron. Something about him rubbed me the wrong way. I always enjoyed watching him play and him going to Miami won't change that. I won't miss a nationally telivised Heat game this year.

Avenged
07-18-2010, 02:27 PM
It doesn't have to be either/or. Just because someone dislikes one superstar doesn't mean they have to switch over to the other annoying superstar. lol.

Yeah, unless you hate one superstar way more than the other, which seems to be the case now. :laugh2:

The hate for Lebron > Kobe hate, at least for the time being.

Niro
07-18-2010, 03:56 PM
i choosed the first option but i did care about where he went.

why would you hate him because he choosed the win with the best possibility to win a championship

Tony_Starks
07-18-2010, 05:12 PM
I 100% agree... I love his game.. Dislike his competitive spirit... You can't want all the glory and shy away from ur leadership responsibilities ... Dudes like d wade , durant , Kobe are killers. I thought Lebron had that in him.. Now I'll Neva now.. That's my beef.

Thats a really good point. Everyone puts him in the same class as say Kobe for example but this really draws a big distinction. Think back when Kobe wanted out of LA it was to go to a young Bulls team with no superstars but just a better supporting cast at the time. He still wanted to be the man and lead his team to the promised land.

Im of the opinion Lebron could've eventually did that in Cleveland with a new coach and a few minor player moves. They matched up well against the Lakers everytime they played. Their thing was getting out of the East.....

but like you said I guess we'll never know and that sucks!

gbpackers12
07-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm not going to sit here and say that I won't watch the Heat play, because i'm going to watch them play whenever they're on TV. I'm just going to root against them. I've never been a fan of Lebron, but now I definitely don't like him.

ink
07-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Thats a really good point. Everyone puts him in the same class as say Kobe for example but this really draws a big distinction. Think back when Kobe wanted out of LA it was to go to a young Bulls team with no superstars but just a better supporting cast at the time. He still wanted to be the man and lead his team to the promised land.

Im of the opinion Lebron could've eventually did that in Cleveland with a new coach and a few minor player moves. They matched up well against the Lakers everytime they played. Their thing was getting out of the East.....

but like you said I guess we'll never know and that sucks!

Yup. LBJ gave up at EXACTLY the point when a truly great player finds that extra level that makes him an all-time great. I have no idea what he was thinking or whether he was getting any good advice on his choice. Doesn't look like it. Basically I stopped cheering for Lebron when he started the photo op schtick with his teammates and throwing the chalk in the air before games. I don't understand how anyone can stand watching that level of vanity. I have no time for athletes like that, so nothing has really changed.

I think of him like Robert Pattinson, Lindsay Lohan, or Pee Wee Herman -- you don't hate irritating celebrities, you just try to ignore them. :laugh2: As a basketball fan I have to admire his ability, otherwise I'd just be hating, but I don't have to cheer for him.

And I don't have to start a thread about him every 3 1/2 minutes in the NBA forum either. ;)

hyb152
07-19-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm unbiased, but this is my observation.

Laker fans hate Lebron, but they dont hate Wade, KD, Dirk, Cp3, Melo, D-Will, etc. They don't hate those guys because they know Kobe is better. But for some strange reason, they hate Lebron. LA and Cleveland is no way a rivalry, and lebron has never done anything to laker fans to make them hate him like say, Artest in Detroit. So, why would laker fans hate Lebron for no reason? Well, it's because Lebron has been stealing all of Kobe's thunder the past 2 season. Laker fans know Lebron is the NBA's cover boy and is the best player in the league. That's why laker fans are the only ones that shoot down the fact that Kobe has a great team and Lebron didnt have any quality teammates. I'm just an unbiased observer speaking the truth. I will still cheer for Lebron because he puts on a show and the game has never seen an athlete like him. I'm just explaining why most of the hate will continue to come from Laker fans, as it did before he left cle.

whynotus
07-19-2010, 08:57 AM
HELL NO

if u root for this guy ur a moron....hes a claseless act...

Truheatfan
07-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm probably one of the few Bulls/Knicks fans who aren't joining in on the hate bandwaggon. My reasoning is though those are my fav teams (Bulls since childhood and recently knicks because it's my hometown team) I have favorite players that aren't even on them the teams I root for. Been a Wade fan for what 5 years now and just recently (Right before the playoffs) began to respect Lebron's game before then I didn't like the dude I felt he was nothing but a dunker. With that said there isn't hate from me unless of course they are playing one of my teams then of course I have to go against them but I won't be hopping on any bandwaggons won't fake like a heat fan and won't be a heat hater

Ray Allen is my 2nd fav player behind Jordan and i never jumped to hate or cheer for the celtics when that move was made back in 07/08. I think people hate when it's not their team getting them players cause I guarentee any team that struck gold and got those same 3 players the fans of them teams would be happy as hell and give Lebron a free pass for his "The Decision" Show. It always happens like that

:clap:

BronBron06
07-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Ummm why so angry Bulls?

Seeing too much red in Heat?

Truheatfan
07-19-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm unbiased, but this is my observation.

Laker fans hate Lebron, but they dont hate Wade, KD, Dirk, Cp3, Melo, D-Will, etc. They don't hate those guys because they know Kobe is better. But for some strange reason, they hate Lebron. LA and Cleveland is no way a rivalry, and lebron has never done anything to laker fans to make them hate him like say, Artest in Detroit. So, why would laker fans hate Lebron for no reason? Well, it's because Lebron has been stealing all of Kobe's thunder the past 2 season. Laker fans know Lebron is the NBA's cover boy and is the best player in the league. That's why laker fans are the only ones that shoot down the fact that Kobe has a great team and Lebron didnt have any quality teammates. I'm just an unbiased observer speaking the truth. I will still cheer for Lebron because he puts on a show and the game has never seen an athlete like him. I'm just explaining why most of the hate will continue to come from Laker fans, as it did before he left cle.

thats exactly what i've been saying :clap:

carter80
07-19-2010, 09:21 AM
i never really cared or lebron but mostly because the insane idea that someone came up with that said he is better than Kobe, I dont like Kobe either but if you think Lebron is better than you dont watch Basketball

strokeman
07-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Im a Lakers fan and for 2 years now Ive considered LBJ as the best in the game! Yes better then Kobe but lack the will to not lose! He has the will to win but Kobe refuse to Lose and has matured as a teammate!
I was expecting James to say, I have unfinished business in Clev that would have made him a God in the NBA that already treats him as a KING, ESPN will not run story about rumors of him as they do to other athletes. I really wasnt expecting the KING to make a show so the world can watch him **** on his hometown, actions like that makes him the Queen!

episodenone
07-19-2010, 09:27 AM
nope. woulda rooted for him in cleveland or new york [i'm a new yorker] and woulda rooted for him against certain teams if he had gone to chicago.

i might have even considered rooting for the heat if he had not perpetrated this unholy spectacle.
but now... i think of him as just another player in the nba.

Brooklyn Mets
07-19-2010, 10:00 AM
my opinion has definitely changed
its not because of where he went but how he did it
i dont even really care about the 1 hour special
i dont care that he left cavs fan or "hoodwinked" the knicks and bulls
my prob is the whole "south beach" comments
he keeps stating that hes taking his talents to south beach
the heat dont even play in south beach you fool smh
and i dont like how hes excited to not have to be relied upon to score all the points or whatever he said.. thats not how a STAR athlete talks
i was never really a huge fan of LeBron but now i like him even less

and my opinion of him is going to go down even further once him dwade and bosh start dancing before every game

Russell_Roberts
07-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Here goes another 1 of them threads but honestly lebron can quit ball for all i care

Double_R
07-19-2010, 10:03 AM
My whole thing with Lebron is that I feel like he had the chance to be one of the top 3 dudes ever to play(if he got a consistent jumper and hit some more late game shots and free throws), but after the Celtics series and "the decision" to go and play with a guy like Wade, someone of equal ability, similar talent; with that decision, I feel like Lebron said I don't care about being the best, I don't want to have the pressure of taking the last shot, "Now I don't have the pressure of scoring 30 pts every night"(what true competitor says that", I want to share the responsibility of winning and losing with other guys. As a fan of the NBA and watching great players, I hated seeing a guy with all the talent in the world, take the easy way out so early in his career. I mean if he did this when he was 32 with no rings, great. I would have liked to see him team up with a big guy, and go against Wade and Bosh, be the best by beating the best. Say the Heat win multiple titles and Lebron has amazing stats like always, it will never feel the same way that it should, that it would if he did it the way true competitors do, the Michael Jordans, the Kobes(last 2), as being the clear cut number 1 guy, the best dude on the court by far. I really just expected more from the competitor inside of Lebron, I guess it's not what I thought it was. I could care less where he plays, I don't like Cleveland, New York, or Chicago, but I do like watching the best battle the best, not the best join the best.

BronBron06
07-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Seriously

What's there to prove for Lebron against Wade and Bosh, Cavs already trashed them alot

REAL LEBRON RIVALS ARE: DWIGHT AND CARMELO

Who gives a crap about Jordan:
So are you ignoring the part where the Bulls WITHOUT MJ won 56 games and went to game 7 of the ECF, only one game away from the NBA finals?

I hope he goes bankrupt like Antoine Walker seriously....if Cavs wont win at least 50 games, but if Cavs did it... I'll let this douche continue talking. Mr. I picked Kwame Brown.

LOL Kobe sucks cant even go past the 1st round in playoffs even when he got 81 in the same season. Jerry West saved his hide.

jim51990
07-19-2010, 10:26 AM
lebron has been my favorite player to watch even though im a celtics fan i dont expect that to change

Unruly Fan
07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
LeBron will always have a special spot in my heart just so long as Kobe Bryant is still in the league.

BXbombers27
07-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Here is my take on lebron.

I'm not a huge basketball fan, never really had a favorite team. I would watch in the playoffs mainly. but ever since Lebron has come to the NBA, I have loved watching him. He was my favorite player, so whatever team he played for I liked.

After all of the drama in the past few weeks, I still like him. The NBA is a business and he made a decision that would benefit him. Yes I would loved for him to win one on his own, but this is a team sport. I think every single one of us would have loved to gone to a team that has the opportunity to beomce a dynasty and to play with 2 of your best friends. This was a business decision I think a lot of us would have made.
I did not support "The Decision." I thought it was classless and unnecessary. However, we are all human and learn from our mistakes. Nobody should have that publicity for a simple business decision. I also did not support the way he treated the Cavs throughout the process, especially how they were in the dark the whole time and found out when everyone else did. I think they deserved a little more respect.

However, like I said, he made a mistake and hopefully he learns. But it was a business decision he made to benefit him. So for that, I can not argue. He is still my favorite player, and fun to watch. And I think it will be awesome to see him, Dwade and Bosh play together. I disagree with ESPN and all of their analysts, and I think the Heat win it this year.

carlessyen
07-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Peopl ewho don't understand the game, or never played it, I say they may cheer him like new bandwagon Heat fans and such. But real fans who ar legit basketball lovers, who have played the game and understand loyalty, and rivalry and those aspects wil forever hold whatever the heat does as tarnished.

whynotus
07-19-2010, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c&feature=player_embedded

Sums it up perfectly lol....

whynotus
07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
My whole thing with Lebron is that I feel like he had the chance to be one of the top 3 dudes ever to play(if he got a consistent jumper and hit some more late game shots and free throws), but after the Celtics series and "the decision" to go and play with a guy like Wade, someone of equal ability, similar talent; with that decision, I feel like Lebron said I don't care about being the best, I don't want to have the pressure of taking the last shot, "Now I don't have the pressure of scoring 30 pts every night"(what true competitor says that", I want to share the responsibility of winning and losing with other guys. As a fan of the NBA and watching great players, I hated seeing a guy with all the talent in the world, take the easy way out so early in his career. I mean if he did this when he was 32 with no rings, great. I would have liked to see him team up with a big guy, and go against Wade and Bosh, be the best by beating the best. Say the Heat win multiple titles and Lebron has amazing stats like always, it will never feel the same way that it should, that it would if he did it the way true competitors do, the Michael Jordans, the Kobes(last 2), as being the clear cut number 1 guy, the best dude on the court by far. I really just expected more from the competitor inside of Lebron, I guess it's not what I thought it was. I could care less where he plays, I don't like Cleveland, New York, or Chicago, but I do like watching the best battle the best, not the best join the best.

Perfectly said!!!!

True dieheart NBA fans feel this way.

Every time I hear lebrons name the only word that comes to my mind is COWARD.

D-Block21-Chito
07-19-2010, 10:54 AM
BullsFan-
Use to love him, but the stuff that has been coming out like the whole USA basketball fiasco childish thing deal has made me change my opinion.

I agree 100% I liked him a lot and wouldve still liked him him he stayed or went to New York. Honestly I wanted him to go to New York so it would be like the old days. Celtics lakers bulls knicks.. Now it just seems...."meh"

defender4m
07-19-2010, 11:00 AM
i respect his decision bc he did what he said which was go to where he thinks he can win. but i dont like how he has decided not to play for his country along with other guys also

utahjazzno12fan
07-19-2010, 11:00 AM
I will be rooting against him. Lakers used to be my least favorite team. It will now be the Heat. I don't like teams that are built like that, and I don't like teams that are generally the favorites. Never liked the Yankees, but now I don't like the BoSox either. Hated the Cowboys during their run. Hated the Rams during theirs.

siralex
07-19-2010, 11:13 AM
i think a large number of the people that post on here, and in the sports fan universe in general, fail to see the point.

its not that people have an issue with him wanting to leave cleveland. at least i dont care.

its HOW it was done. period.

his comment "free agency has been a very humbling experience for me" was laughable. he doesnt even know what the word means...

the sad thing is that miami will win a few championships, and the fans in miami will think this has anything to do with them or their city. it doesnt. not at all.

but as far as the poll goes, i dont care. as a lifelong rockets fan, i agree with the gentleman that asks why root for a player thats not on your team.

and coach V had an incredibly insightful and well thought-out post that was completely ignored, just about. way to break it down coach V. keep the dream of what this sport is SUPPOSED to be alive, bud.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-19-2010, 11:19 AM
no

thatguy
07-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Even though Wade has won a championship i still think lebron is waay better. Wade won his with Shaq. His teams barely make the playoffs with him on the team. Lebron has 60 win seasons with the scrubs he had on his teams. I dont care that lebron went to Miami. I just think that theres no way you can put his name with the likes of MJ, Magic or Bird anymore. I know these guys didnt do in on their own. But they never left their teams in order to go to another star guys team to hang on their coat tails. Lebron is a superstar. I just wish he stayed with Cleveland to prove it. Im a Knick fan and i would have loved it if he came to NY. Since hes not on cleveland and he is with the heat im going to have to root against him.

rjvacad
07-19-2010, 11:32 AM
What he did was show he is not loyal, only thinking of lebon and showed he knew he couldn't do the job. The way he did this ripped out the hearts of the Cav fans, pretty heartless.

WeBallin
07-19-2010, 11:38 AM
The NBA is definitely a business, but its More of a Blessing then a business, LBJ IMO when he announce he was leavin Cle, i believe his quest to be the best left him aswell now i do believe that LBJ will get a ring in MIA but for his sake he needs Not 1, not 2 not 3, not 4 not 5 not 6......lol i think u get the picture, what ever happen to bein competetive an wantin to prove your the best at your craft, u have all off season to be friends with other players, an the NBA bein a business! LBJ was gonna be paid either way, an if he wanted to really win he would have pushed his teamates he had in CLE more whether it leading by example or demanding more from them.......

romaldinho
07-19-2010, 11:42 AM
As a Neutral fan of course i didnt want him to remain in Cleveland and wanted him to shock everybody by choosing a different team.
His change of team affected me in a positive and negative way.

The Negative being that he went live,told the world he was joining 2 of the premier players in the game because winning is all that matters to him.Winning isnt all that matters,its the life of the city,the passion of the fans about the team and the effort and longevity it takes to finally win one.
For this case i was disapointed he didnt go to New York where he would have been this to the fans there and more,plus build a new legacy never seen b4 for the Knicks.
Consider this,what player who is the best in the world is considered by die hard fans of that particular team as their 2nd favorite player?Nobody.
And the fact he didnt even acknowledge winning a title in Cleveland was the best thing he could do in that interview was a bit of a slap in the face.

On the postive side,I think BasketBall is becoming a sports where fans aspire to one player,talk about one player,his sidekick and how he was the team for that period of time.I think Wade,Bosh,James will show us that basketball is a team game and that everyone on the team should get credit.

I still like James,hes an amazing,once in a lifetime player but his credibility and narrowmindness leave something to be desired.

HoopsDrive
07-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Perfectly said!!!!

True dieheart NBA fans feel this way.

Every time I hear lebrons name the only word that comes to my mind is COWARD.

Stfu. Just because some people like me don't care about the best players forming superteams doesn't mean we aren't true NBA fans. I prefer superteams over a bunch of only decent teams. That doesn't mean I'm not a true NBA fan so gtfo with that.

handbanana55
07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
never really cared for Lebron so nothing changes. I don't like how he handled it but dude can play with and where he wants.

whynotus
07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Stfu. Just because some people like me don't care about the best players forming superteams doesn't mean we aren't true NBA fans. I prefer superteams over a bunch of only decent teams. That doesn't mean I'm not a true NBA fan so gtfo with that.

Yeah clearly, You could have watched a legend grow right in front of ur eyes, instead he went to be on Wades team....what ever happend to being a competitor???....hes a coward....

Let me guess ur a heat fan now??...if not now im sure u will be in a year or two lmao...

mavwar53
07-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Kinda in the middle, I wanted him to win before but now I could really care less but if they do win then I will hate them, call me a hater all you want

USMCLaker
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't have a problem with LBJ going to Miami after all where else does a crab walk belong if not in south beach.

HoopsDrive
07-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah clearly, You could have watched a legend grow right in front of ur eyes, instead he went to be on Wades team....

Let me guess ur a heat fan now...

I'm not a Heat fan.

If the Heat end up doing something special he will be one of the main reasons as to why that happened. He will have written his own legend in HIS way and not following the traditional mold. Why should he be blasphemed for doing so? It's his life and he stayed with the Cavs until his contract was up.

The only thing he can be blamed for is pulling that public stunt on national TV. Other than that, he made his decision and didn't owe anything to the Cavs.

Oakmont_4
07-19-2010, 11:59 AM

Purely ignorant post. Not only do you sound like a 12 year old who can barely speak english but your point makes no sense.

You would rather have 2-3 teams win all the games then 10 or 12? Why even have a league why not just have 4 teams and let the best players play for them? Thats rediculous.

I used to admire LeBron James. As a Celtics fan I hated him becuase he was so good, and even though he didn't have much talent around him he always gave us trouble. But now as other posters have mentioned I just look at him as a coward, immature and self centered. His decision was for his ego, he didn't have the BALLS to win one for HIS hometown. Look at Paul Pierce he stayed in Boston for the love of the fans/city but he was LA grown. LBJ was BORN in CLE and he couldn't even show the loyalty that Pierce did to a city that is across the country from his home. That shows me he has no heart. He may win a few championships but he will win nobody's respect.

I am not saying he is not a great player becuase he is, but he destroyed his legacy, he destroyed basketball (making a monopoly in one city) and he continues to take away attention to what the sport is about - a team, heart, character, the fans, history, legacies and the will to win.

Basketball is now dead for me. I will never be able to watch it as passionatley as I once did, when the league was fair and equal, when all teams had an opportunity to become great.

I prey that the NBA introduced a hard cap after this season forcing Miami to break this up, it will ruin the sport.

howiend
07-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I've never been to cleveland or ohio in my life. I won't root for lebron any more. I always thought it was a cool story how a local kid was given a chance to lead Cleveland to a sports championship (especially in a city that hasn't had that happen for a long time in any sport) so i have rooted for lebron and the cavs in the playoffs since he got there. As of right now, i am not rooting against him but i have lost interest in him and his pursuit of a championship - for me winning one in miami now isn't even a story - i will forget about it the next day.

whynotus
07-19-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm not a Heat fan.

If the Heat end up doing something special he will be one of the main reasons as to why that happened. He will have written his own legend in HIS way and not following the traditional mold. Why should he be blasphemed for doing so? It's his life and he stayed with the Cavs until his contract was up.

The only thing he can be blamed for is pulling that public stunt on national TV. Other than that, he made his decision and didn't owe anything to the Cavs.

Lets jsut put it this way, im DISSAPOINTED....i thought lebron was more of a competitor, ill just leave it at that....

guess I was wrong.:sigh:

Giantwarrior
07-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Lebron took the easy way out. Even if we wins 5 rings, Wade will have 6. He basically tarnished his legacy because when he's retired and finished playing the game people will Never forget that he joined Heat with proven talents.

It will always be mentioned and it will never be forgotten. Lebron James sold himself short. In this case, character was worth more then championships.

HoopsDrive
07-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Purely ignorant post. Not only do you sound like a 12 year old who can barely speak english but your point makes no sense.

It's pretty clear you understood what I wrote. How the **** can I barely be able to WRITE English if you CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD my point? Dumb***.

You would rather have 2-3 teams win all the games then 10 or 12? Why even have a league why not just have 4 teams and let the best players play for them? Thats rediculous.

Yes I would. And it's ridiculous not rediculous. Now who has the 'barely can speak English' huh?

I used to admire LeBron James. As a Celtics fan I hated him becuase he was so good, and even though he didn't have much talent around him he always gave us trouble. But now as other posters have mentioned I just look at him as a coward, immature and self centered. His decision was for his ego, he didn't have the BALLS to win one for HIS hometown. Look at Paul Pierce he stayed in Boston for the love of the fans/city but he was LA grown. LBJ was BORN in CLE and he couldn't even show the loyalty that Pierce did to a city that is across the country from his home. That shows me he has no heart. He may win a few championships but he will win nobody's respect.

How was his decision for his ego when he decided to share the spotlight with 2 other stars?

Once again I tell you this: LBJ owed nothing, absolutely NOTHING to the Cavs or the city of Cleveland. He was born in Akron btw, which contrary to popular belief is NOT Cleveland.

I am not saying he is not a great player becuase he is, but he destroyed his legacy, he destroyed basketball (making a monopoly in one city) and he continues to take away attention to what the sport is about - a team, heart, character, the fans, history, legacies and the will to win.

He didn't take away any attention, that's a BS call. The media is a whore to LBJ and you know it.

He didn't destroy his legacy either.

Basketball is now dead for me. I will never be able to watch it as passionatley as I once did, when the league was fair and equal, when all teams had an opportunity to become great.

I prey that the NBA introduced a hard cap after this season forcing Miami to break this up, it will ruin the sport.

Then don't watch.

Hugbees
07-19-2010, 12:12 PM
There are no neutral fans when it comes to this, it was a bad move for the entire league. No matter what team you follow(-Mia) this has, and will have, a horrible impact on you. As a result, only a handful of teams are able to truly be competitive.

HoopsDrive
07-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Lets jsut put it this way, im DISSAPOINTED....i thought lebron was more of a competitor, ill just leave it at that....

guess I was wrong.:sigh:

Fair enough but the writing was clearly on the wall... the media hyped it up and there was a good chance that he was going to move out once free agency kicked in. I wasn't surprised or disappointed with the outcome but I do think LBJ was a douchebag for pulling that public stunt on national TV.

Lebron took the easy way out. Even if we wins 5 rings, Wade will have 6. He basically tarnished his legacy because when he's retired and finished playing the game people will Never forget that he joined Heat with proven talents.

It will always be mentioned and it will never be forgotten. Lebron James sold himself short. In this case, character was worth more then championships.

How could he have tarnished his career if he won 5 freaking rings? He is one of the main reasons if not the MAIN reason for those 5 rings. He would have cemented his own legacy in another way.

HoopsDrive
07-19-2010, 12:18 PM
There are no neutral fans when it comes to this, it was a bad move for the entire league. No matter what team you follow(-Mia) this has, and will have, a horrible impact on you. As a result, only a handful of teams are able to truly be competitive.

Not really. Wade and Bosh's team were not contenders for anything last season. LBJ's was. So LBJ and Bosh moved from one team to another. Now there is STILL only 1 contender from the 3 teams. The Raptors and Cavs are crap now (I'm a Raps fan btw). Things haven't really changed. In the league, there are always only a few TRUE CONTENDERS. The rest will never/should never set such high standards.

I don't think it will have a horrible impact on me either. In fact, it's going to be great when they come up here so I get to watch that team in the ACC.

USMCLaker
07-19-2010, 12:21 PM

I don't know about that. I'm pretty neutral. I don't really care one way or the other however, I do find it somewhat entertaining.

KnicksDynasty11
07-19-2010, 12:33 PM
As a player he is great but my thing is, how is it you want to be known as the greatest player in the NBA but unwilling to carry your team or one that doesn't have Two of the top 10 players already on it??? Michael Jordan even said it, He should have been trying to run through Wade and Bosh to get a title, its better for the game,

Im a Knicks fan and it would have been great if he did it in NY, but you couldn't knock him even if he went to the bulls or the clippers or stayed with cleveland. Hard to claim your the greatest if you think your best chance of winning is with two probable hall of famers. If you put just about any of the 2nd tier players they're just as likely to get a ring. Bron is aight with me, but IMO he took a hit at his ability to separate himself from Jordan and Kobe.

I don't think Kobe would have done that either, he would have lobbied to make his team better or go somewhere that he thought would surround him with the best pieces. I guess Bron just doesnt have that competitive edge like Kobe or Jordan, and I hate both of them but you have to respect that edge they have when it came/comes to the NBA. Maybe one day Bron will develop it. LMAO

REALLYYYYY?
07-19-2010, 12:44 PM
lol, what's a neutral fan?

also, it is a bit restricting/problematic for one of the "no" answers to only talk about disliking the way in which he left. many people also disrespect him for joining up with his pals wade and bosh. ...although i guess some of that could fit under disliking the way he left since he apparently made this decision with wade and bosh up to two years ago.

caddiemaster
07-19-2010, 12:47 PM
I'd never root for him unless he was playing the lakers or celtics so I guess I will be!We all know who is gonna be their next year!Pathetic league,hard to believe people still watch...........stern is a clown!N.B.A. W.W.F. whats the difference?

romaldinho
07-19-2010, 12:51 PM
lol, what's a neutral fan?

also, it is a bit restricting/problematic for one of the "no" answers to only talk about disliking the way in which he left. many people also disrespect him for joining up with his pals wade and bosh. ...although i guess some of that could fit under disliking the way he left since he apparently made this decision with wade and bosh up to two years ago.

A neutral fan is a fan who doesnt support a team,or if they do it doesnt effect them what he did but yet have an opinion on the matter.

Your right many people do dislike him for that but fail to realise he doesnt owe anything to anyone but himself and his family,i dont dislike him for what he did,i just question his mindset,that seems to be he never thinks outside of the box.Hes a great player and as a neutral i hope he puts up a triple double for the season and takes The Heat to the finals against The Lakers.
Becuase as a Neutral that is the most intriguing matchup.

Seyton
07-19-2010, 01:10 PM
I didn't really cheer for him before per se, but I don't hold anything against him. I'm a Bulls fan and nothing he did affects me. I am a chances guy and when I look at all that took place I ask where is the crime such that he should be so hated?

I understand he screwed Cleveland, but the Cavs will go on and will probably be a lot better than people and especially Cavs fans may think. But the thing I find most fault with, "The Decision", is something that in the long run means nothing other than a kid and his friends/advisors not having perspective and life experience to understand the consequences of doing something so glaringly self absorbed in the public eye.

The extent to which Wade, Bosh and James are being villified, their every word being analyzed for interpretation of any way to further dump on them, is laughable to me. Liars, cheats and much worse names attached to these three based on what really? Even if you can make a semi-intelligent argument based on their actions we're still talking about sports and three individual basketball players.

I think the hate is all talk a bunch of hot air. Once the season gets closer everyone will be into their teams and they won't care one iota about the Heat and these three. It will all be a bunch of background noise.

Besides, they didn't really do anything to anybody. So they didn't come to my team or your team. Big deal. They seem like alright dudes to me. And I guarantee you if anybody who's been talking smack about them on these forums ran into one of these three in public they would be super excited to meet them.

These three guys present an interesting scenario to watch as it unfolds this coming season. It will be fun to watch teams come at them and when you think about it, would you not take an opportunity to have tons of fun, make tons of money and possibly do something great at whatever it is with a group of your best buddies? Would you worry if some dude from Naperville, IL who doesn't know you and doesn't care about you may think that you're not a competitor?

Talk to me when James is hanging triple doubles on people and then tell me he doesn't care...

smith&wesson
07-19-2010, 01:19 PM
I always cheered on wade so i will continue too
i always cheered on bosh so i will continue too

lebron kinda killed it for himself. he wont get any more mvp's, he has accepted the pippen role to wade, his image has been tarnished, he left a 60 win team that competed in the play offs every year. like what else is there to say about this guy, his boy doesnt respek him enough to NOT bang his mama. lol lebrons a wankster.

i do like the heat though always have, so im happy for wade, bosh and heat fans.

romaldinho
07-19-2010, 01:20 PM
I didn't really cheer for him before per se, but I don't hold anything against him. I'm a Bulls fan and nothing he did affects me. I am a chances guy and when I look at all that took place I ask where is the crime such that he should be so hated?

I understand he screwed Cleveland, but the Cavs will go on and will probably be a lot better than people and especially Cavs fans may think. But the thing I find most fault with, "The Decision", is something that in the long run means nothing other than a kid and his friends/advisors not having perspective and life experience to understand the consequences of doing something so glaringly self absorbed in the public eye.

The extent to which Wade, Bosh and James are being villified, their every word being analyzed for interpretation of any way to further dump on them, is laughable to me. Liars, cheats and much worse names attached to these three based on what really? Even if you can make a semi-intelligent argument based on their actions we're still talking about sports and three individual basketball players.

I think the hate is all talk a bunch of hot air. Once the season gets closer everyone will be into their teams and they won't care one iota about the Heat and these three. It will all be a bunch of background noise.

Besides, they didn't really do anything to anybody. So they didn't come to my team or your team. Big deal. They seem like alright dudes to me. And I guarantee you if anybody who's been talking smack about them on these forums ran into one of these three in public they would be super excited to meet them.

These three guys present an interesting scenario to watch as it unfolds this coming season. It will be fun to watch teams come at them and when you think about it, would you not take an opportunity to have tons of fun, make tons of money and possibly do something great at whatever it is with a group of your best buddies? Would you worry if some dude from Naperville, IL who doesn't know you and doesn't care about you may think that you're not a competitor?

Talk to me when James is hanging triple doubles on people and then tell me he doesn't care...

Excellent point and post.

with alot of the stuff their being criticized for lately and the comments made against,you would swear they insulted every persons mother,daughter or son outside of Miami.They cant say a word in the public eye without it being scrutinized.
Its their life,their legacy and their team so everyone should deal with it either by looking forward to the more important aspects of the league or at least constructive criticism against them.
And its disgraceful an owner of a team(Cavs) actually started most of this hate on LeBron.
And then people wonder/bash why he left?
Gimme a break

DCSportsIsPain
07-19-2010, 01:32 PM
I'll take a 4th option. Indifference. I didn't care about LeBron one way or another before BSPN and others started their incessant verbal fellatio of his every on and off-court move. I don't care now. His story is not unique. It's actually rather trite in NBA folklore. Another poor ghetto kid escapes ghetto through basketball and then becomes all about himself and speaks of himself in the 3rd person story ... oh, joy.

KnicksDynasty11
07-19-2010, 01:42 PM
I'll take a 4th option. Indifference. I didn't care about LeBron one way or another before BSPN and others started their incessant verbal fellatio of his every on and off-court move. I don't care now. His story is not unique. It's actually rather trite in NBA folklore. Another poor ghetto kid escapes ghetto through basketball and then becomes all about himself and speaks of himself in the 3rd person story ... oh, joy.

so it would have been different if he was a well off kid from the suburbs doing the same thing? I think you should have just left it at you dont care, the environment he was raised in has no type of connection to the question/opinion posted.

NYKNYGNYY
07-19-2010, 01:53 PM
if i had no dignity

FarOutIos
07-19-2010, 01:54 PM

I agree with you to a certain extent.

As a kings fan, I think I am as neutral as can be.

Lebron was and still is on the East. Doesn't affect my team. His team will probably be contenders, but we obviously are not right now.

I think anyone who is from Chicago, LA, NY, NJ and Clev should not answer this poll. They are DEFINITELY the spurned ex-girlfriends.

I also think Celtic and Magic fans really cant be neutral, as this now directly diminishes their chances to win a title.

FarOutIos
07-19-2010, 02:00 PM
...But to me, there is no difference between the Heat, the Lakers, the Celtics, etc...

All of those teams are or have recently been filled with veteran talent and high payrolls. Either by NBA nudging or by economics that end up favoring larger market teams. The NBA is not a fair game by any means, so why should this be any different. I'd rather watch Miami win than Boston or LA again...

natelpete
07-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm a Lebron fan.. I will support him no matter what.

JonnyBrav000
07-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I will not support or cheer for Lebron. The queen is a straight up diva and the way he left Cleveland was wrong. He has the right to go wherever he wants to play, but the fact that he did not have the courtesy to let the Cavs know he was going to move on is just cowardice, because whether he wants to admit to it or not, Lebron, Wade and Bosh all had an idea they would end up together, which is why Bosh had a slip of the tongue mentioning they have been planning this for months. I really hope Lebron doesn't win, either way he ruined his chances of going down as one of the top 5 greats. The Heat is D. Wades team, a guy who has already won a championship and a guy who will probably end up with more titles than Lebron.

HoopsDrive
07-19-2010, 02:14 PM

:clap:

Still.I.Rise
07-19-2010, 02:16 PM

Yes you are correct. you have people who are just hating just for the sake of hating, Maybe cause they know their team suck, or just cause as you say they its the popular thing to do. Those people will calm down after sometime.

On the other hand you have people whose parents actually taught them about respect who feel that Prince James has no class for the way how he handled things. Most of those people will continue to dislike him until he makes right with the fans.

The last group you have are those who feel he destroyed the game as we know it because he doesn't have the Heart to battle it out against Kobe and Wade. Like MJ, Bird, Malone, Magic, Ewing etcc did for years. and as you know a few of these those guys never got a rings.

Lakersho
07-19-2010, 02:21 PM
hate to go along with the crowd?

I've been on these forums for years and that is one of the most annoying sentences I've ever read. The guy is a douche and I have no affiliation with any of the cities involved. It isn't trendy to hate Lebron James. It's well deserved.

... i have to agree with you on this. since lebron self proclaimed himself , "the chosen one " and "king james " his head went straight up his own arse. the not shaking hands, after being ousted in the magic playoff series,just alround unsportsman like self centered , childish antics, disrespectful attitude has made me and lots of others dislike him. all the , but i mean his game argument stuff. yes he is great drivin the ball to the hoop tryin for the and one , although his outside games is gettin a little better , if you think he's on M J 's or even kobe's level your foolish. dont let highlight dunks get confused with alround skill. melo right now is head and shoulders over lebron as complete players are concerned...

borat
07-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Lebron has always been an "antics" guy. With all the crap he does during games. Rapping, dancing, acting. Me, me me guy. Always needs the spotlight. And not just on the court. So i wasn't surprised things went down the way they did.

Expect even more antics from the big 3. It will definitely be annoying.

Tony_Starks
07-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Yes you are correct. you have people who are just hating just for the sake of hating, Maybe cause they know their team suck, or just cause as you say they its the popular thing to do. Those people will calm down after sometime.

On the other hand you have people whose parents actually taught them about respect who feel that Prince James has no class for the way how he handled things. Most of those people will continue to dislike him until he makes right with the fans.

The last group you have are those who feel he destroyed the game as we know it because he doesn't have the Heart to battle it out against Kobe and Wade. Like MJ, Bird, Malone, Magic, Ewing etcc did for years. and as you know a few of these those guys never got a rings.

Yeah I guess that kinda boils down to can you still admire him as a player and dislike him as a person. For me its yes because at the end of the day Im judging it based off basketball not personality and I can seperate the two.

For instance growing up a Laker fan I always hated Jordan and Barkley. I felt like Jordan was an arrogant jerk that caught my Lakers on the way down and Barkley back in his young hayday was a real brash abrasive ******* (spitting at fans etc..). But I still begrundingly respected their game. Looking back now I respect their game even more.

Thats how I feel about Lebron I mean his character flaws are pretty obvious but I just see him as a big spoiled kid thats been pampered and catered to since highschool. I can say the same for a great many a players in the league as well they're just not as prominent as him.

Hopefully one day he gets it and matures but in the meantime I don't see reason to hold a grudge about it. Im pretty sure the hit his legacy is taking is punishment enough, I hope he learns from it.....

SupeUnagi
07-19-2010, 03:14 PM
as soon as he gets his first triple double, everyone will be on his nuts again

CrotchetyOldMan
07-19-2010, 04:01 PM
If you're still cheering for Lebroad after the way he's handled himself you must be one of the same that kept stayed with Hulk Hogan when he defected to the NWO...no self respect...or moral fortitude...

Public Enemy #1
07-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Still one of the best but the tv special was not needed.

OldSchool
07-19-2010, 04:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5391478
MJ said it as good as I would have said it. This is why most people are put off. Basketball is a highly competitive sport. The great rivalries amongst the best players is what make this league wonderful. I used to love watching MJ vs. Bird... Lebron just went the opposite way with it. Im a Knick fan and he could have joined the Bulls and I would be ok with him doing it... he could have went to any team that didnt have Wade and Bosh on it and I would have been cool. But Lebron went from one of the most likeable guys in the NBA to the most hated and he ruined his legacy doing it too. If Lebron wins 6 rings with Miami can you put him in the same sentence as MJ? In my opinion... No.

rrude
07-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Not sure what a neutral fan is but...

I didn't like LBJ before. A large part of his game is just barreling to the hole, and that's just not very interesting. Never liked the antics, or the fact that he's the 'king' without a ring. I was trying to convince myself having him in New York would be worth it just to make the team better, but I'm sort of relieved I don't have to root for him.

That said, I don't think he's a weaker man or a lesser player because he wanted to increase his chances at winning it all. I do think the obvious collusion between the players involved vs. all the hype around the process was cheesy and it certainly didn't make me want to root for him or the Heat. But what it comes down to for me is what sort of basketball do I like to watch? On O, I like clever passing, clever post moves, clutch shots. I don't really think of LBJ when I think of any of those things.

mshan5
07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm a Knicks fan and I don't hate LeBron for ignoring New York or going to semi-rival Miami. I hate LeBron for the circumstances he did it under. He's depriving the fans and himself of the potential he still has.

masalex1205
07-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I used to really like him but after "the decision" I don't really think too highly of him. Regardless, he's not a Bobcat so **** him anyway.

DCSportsIsPain
07-19-2010, 05:17 PM
as soon as he gets his first triple double, everyone will be on his nuts again

He would have to average a triple-double for a full season for me to think twice about him, kind of like a player named Oscar Robertson did once and came close to doing seven other times.

SupeUnagi
07-19-2010, 05:21 PM
He would have to average a triple-double for a full season for me to think twice about him, kind of like a player named Oscar Robertson did once and came close to doing seven other times.

this past season he had about 30, 9, and 7
he probably could

Catoblepas
07-19-2010, 05:45 PM
I love the game! I am happy to see more elites joining together.. I personally would rather see players join up in their primes than when they are desperate for a ring.. the miami games are going to be exciting to watch. People think Lebron should have stayed.. but the fact of the matter is.. Cleveland didnt make the right moves in his 7 years with them.. Shaq could make any team better..so long as they are a half court slow tempo type team.. the suns/lebrons Cavs were at their best when running!

jiggin
07-19-2010, 08:27 PM
no...i only "cheer" for players that have a positve character and some moral fiber in their body. I don't root for thugs, I don't root for people who don't respect people including fans, the media, the other players ect...

LBJ showed what he is made of off the court. He is a pretty crappy person when he isn't shooting a basketball.

I am all about the league being the most competitive it can be...thus why the sport and the league is fun to watch. this doesn't do that at all but actually does the opposite. Its an easy way out in trying to get a ring and EVERYONE sees that...which sort of defeats the purpose of what they are trying to do anyway...since if they do win rings it will always be seen as the cheap way to do it.

LBJ can do what he wants, sure...but he can't be surprised when people think he is a lowly person for making that call.

We have already seen what happens when you take players like this that can't handle big markets and throw them into the spotlight of the country...they make stupid comments their agents tell them they have to apologize for, they make stupid decisions that are self-praising but bad for their image and as we will see, they will get into trouble in Miami with the nightlife...its almost a guarantee that one of them will.

Bucsfan
07-19-2010, 08:41 PM
never liked him....never will