PDA

View Full Version : In Order to win a championship Heat's rookies must step up

RandyOreens
07-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Wade, Bosh, Lebron will be the ones mostly passing and scoring but when they sit down it will be up to the bench to do the work. I am sure atleast one of the big 3 will be on the court throughout the hole game. They cannot rely on the veterans like Howard and Z. Just like Bostons rookies in 08 season the heat rookies will need to step up. If they are busts Lakers, Boston, Orlando will whipe the floor with them. They are the deciding factor in the long run. Suppose Lebron gets hurt that leaves Wade and Bosh who will still be a good team but you will need your young rookies helping out.

These 3 rookies have a huge responsiblity on the team.

J_M_B
07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
They haven't even finish putting together a roster..

Miami is still adding some quality role players. They brought back Haslem and Anthony, both were a big part of Miami's success last season. Riley also added Mike Miller and Big Z.

All those guys bring something different to the court and all help compliment the big 3. Miami might even add Barnes or McGrady. As for a backup point guard, Eddie House and Jason William will be good fits since they help spread the floor.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Miller, Haslem, Anthony, Big Z, Chalmers.. That's 8 players and most rotations are 8-9 players anyways..

Rookies won't be a big factor, though Dexter Pittman will have his moments. Jarvis Varando and Da'Sean Butler are most likely going over seas for a year or two.

plpfctn
07-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Heat have only five effective players. Also, Haslem is undersized and Miller needs the ball to produce. They have no center or point guard, starting and bench. I still have the Heat behind the C's, but tied with the Magic.

justinnum1
07-17-2010, 07:04 PM
:facepalm:

RCarlson85
07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
I really don't think the Heat's rookies will play that big of a role. I don't know how many will even make the team. It looks like Pittman might, but other than that, no one else is guaranteed even having a spot. Mike Miller will play a big role as well as Haslem. The Heat are still going to sign a PG and another wing which will help as well.

J_M_B
07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Heat have only five effective players. Also, Haslem is undersized and Miller needs the ball to produce. They have no center or point guard, starting and bench. I still have the Heat behind the C's, but tied with the Magic.

Miami doesn't need a point guard. LeBron and Wade will be handling the ball, as well as creating for others. Miami just needs a guy that can knock down open shots and can keep his man infront of him on defense.

Though I do agree with you on needing a big body. The Heat will get bullied down in the low post. Joel Anthony is a defensive stud, but at 6'9, he can't get it done by himself. Dexter Pittman is a big body at 6'11 300 lbs, but they need someone with more experience.

mark1125
07-17-2010, 07:09 PM
:horse:

5ass
07-17-2010, 07:15 PM

they have ilgauskus, joel anthony, juwan howard and chris bosh and they can all play center, they can also at times put mario chalmers or dwade at the pg position.. and they dont need a good point guard, dwade and lebron will run the offense, they just need someone that can defend.. when the heat do play teams with a good point guard (jazz,hornets,...) they can easily put dwade(one of the best defenders in the league) at pg and mike miller at sg

Avenged
07-17-2010, 07:25 PM
I doubt the Heats success will come down to rookies but if anything perhaps 1 might play a role, most likely not a big one.