PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 worst teams in the West in the 2010 season. East?

iFYouSeekAmy
07-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Your opinion on the Top 3 worst teams in the West and East (2010 regular season).. As of now.

2009-2010 standings

WEST
GSW: 26-56
SAC: 25-57
MIN: 15-57

EAST:
PHI: 27-55
WAS: 26-56
NETS: 12-70

TheKing23
07-17-2010, 01:46 PM
The Kings and the Nets won't be in the bottom three next season.

LA_Raiders
07-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Wash
NJ
Tor

Ironman5219
07-17-2010, 02:11 PM
West
Minni
Memphis
Clippers ( yes they have all of the talent in the world yet we say that each year and they find a way to lose )

East
New York ( yep I said it, they lost a lot and stodimire alone will not turn them around )
Toronto
76ers

Chacarron
07-17-2010, 02:22 PM
West
Minni
Memphis
Clippers ( yes they have all of the talent in the world yet we say that each year and they find a way to lose )

East
New York ( yep I said it, they lost a lot and stodimire alone will not turn them around )
Toronto
76ers

But they still got Danilo.

VIP1349
07-17-2010, 02:28 PM
East: Washington, Detroit, & Toronto
West: Minnesota, Sacramento, & Golden State

It's hard to choose though just about every team seems pretty decent going in.

Slimsim
07-17-2010, 02:35 PM
West
Minni
Memphis

East
Toronto
76ers

:facepalm:

What exactly did we lose ?

Swift n Sil3nt
07-17-2010, 02:38 PM

What exactly did we lose ?

Obviously hes talking about Chris Duhon, Al Harrington, Tracy McGrady and the likes

topdog
07-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Why is everyone giving the Nets a free pass? They have done almost nothing to improve.

Warriors, Sacto, Wolves (special mention of NOLA not far ahead)

Nets, Toronto, Indy

tdunk21
07-17-2010, 02:44 PM
West
Minni
Memphis

East
Toronto
76ers

am not a knick fan but :facepalm:

Swift n Sil3nt
07-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Why is everyone giving the Nets a free pass? They have done almost nothing to improve.

Nets, Toronto, Indy

I think its because they were able to add Favors and although they only managed 12 wins last season a team with Lopez, Harris as the centerpieces should manage more than that. Not to mention, they also have Terrence Williams and Courtney Lee, two good bench players. I could see them winning 25-30

tdunk21
07-17-2010, 02:47 PM
west:
wolves, warriors, clippers

east:
nets, cavs, pacers

xxplayerxx23
07-17-2010, 02:55 PM
West
Minni
Memphis

East
Toronto
76ers

Are you kidding? You sir are a moron. Your a hater. :facepalm::facepalm: Your ganna tell me Memphis is going to be one of the worst in the west??? how do you figure. ANd The knicks will not be bad. they will be fighting for a playoff spot. And watch out for the 76ers they will not be that bad. YOu can sig me if the knicks memphis, Clippers or 76ers finish worst three in there confernces?

LavelC
07-17-2010, 02:55 PM
East: cavs wizards pacers
West: min clippers Gs warriors

topdog
07-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I think its because they were able to add Favors and although they only managed 12 wins last season a team with Lopez, Harris as the centerpieces should manage more than that. Not to mention, they also have Terrence Williams and Courtney Lee, two good bench players. I could see them winning 25-30

Yeah, but Favors is widely regarded as being at least 2 years away from being truly "NBA ready" and you can argue about a lot of teams have young guys with pie-in-the-sky potential. Favors-Lopez will be awesome eventually, I just don't think they've done anything to get better other than relying on a year of development.

Oh, and I change my answer about the east - I forgot about the Cavs! Indy, you just lucked out.

Ironman5219
07-17-2010, 02:59 PM
No disrespect Knick fans, I just think everyone got better in the east and they went down. I guess we shall see this season.

BkOriginalOne
07-17-2010, 02:59 PM

Not a free pass, just the benefit of the doubt. Injuries were their biggest problem last year and they are now a much more versatile and deeper team with a stronger coach.

They might not escape the bottom the 3, but they won't be the worst.

EAST
Toronto
Washington
Indiana

Knicks will make the playoffs as a 7 seed. Nets will finish 9th or 10th, but look much more promising.

WEST
Wolves - Worst team in the league next year
Warriors
No one really looks TERRIBLE in the west next year, hmm..
The Clippers, Hornets, Grizzlies, Kings and Rockets seem to be virtually tied.

Clippers always seem to dissapoint. The Hornets really have no perimter scoring or defense (how do you win like that?) The Grizzlies are the safest bet but how often does that statement happen.
Kings should be better, but how much? And The Rockets can only defeat themselves.

xxplayerxx23
07-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Two people say Memphis is going to be bad and how are the rockets ganna be bad yao is back a healthy yao is top 2 or 3 center

rockets-fan
07-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Not a free pass, just the benefit of the doubt. Injuries were their biggest problem last year and they are now a much more versatile and deeper team with a stronger coach.

They might not escape the bottom the 3, but they won't be the worst.

EAST
Toronto
Washington
Indiana

Knicks will make the playoffs as a 7 seed. Nets will finish 9th or 10th, but look much more promising.

WEST
Wolves - Worst team in the league next year
Warriors
No one really looks TERRIBLE in the west next year, hmm..
The Clippers, Hornets, Grizzlies, Kings andRockets seem to be virtually tied.

Clippers always seem to dissapoint. The Hornets really have no perimter scoring or defense (how do you win like that?) The Grizzlies are the safest bet but how often does that statement happen.
Kings should be better, but how much? And The Rockets can only defeat themselves.

wow really???cuz winning 42 games last year without an all star for the year is only beating yourself huh??

TheKing23
07-17-2010, 03:06 PM

Nets, Toronto, Indy

Arguably their best player, Devin Harris was injured for a large proportion of last season. He wasn't able to get in any sort of rhythm.

They haven't added a lot, but the guys they've added, continual development of Williams, Lopez and Favors and good luck with injuries will see them win around 25-30 games in my opinion.

TheKing23
07-17-2010, 03:08 PM
East:

Pistons
Raptors
Pacers

West:

T'Wolves
Clippers
Warriors

j-bay
07-17-2010, 03:11 PM
really everbody is downgrading washington have you seen their team

xxplayerxx23
07-17-2010, 03:23 PM
really everbody is downgrading washington have you seen their team

Yeah i agree. But i dont see them making the playoffs. I see them as the 9th or 10th best team in the conference maybe fighting for a playoff spot

Korman12
07-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Hard to say:

East --

Toronto
Detroit
New Jersey

West --

Golden State
Minnesota
Clippers, by default. Although I don't think they'll necessarily have a bad team, they're still pretty young, unproven and the West is just too strong.

Honorable Mentions* - Philadelphia, Indiana, Sacramento

j-bay
07-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah i agree. But i dont see them making the playoffs. I see them as the 9th or 10th best team in the conference maybe fighting for a playoff spot

i can see them beating out the bobcats

BkOriginalOne
07-17-2010, 03:34 PM
wow really???cuz winning 42 games last year without an all star for the year is only beating yourself huh??

42!? Wow, that's 1 game over .500!
8th seed in the WEST TOO! That's pretty secure.

My point is exactly that. The Kings, Clippers, Hornets, and Grizzlies are just as capable of playing 500 basketball based on their rosters.

While the Clippers and Kings are capable, we haven't seen it in a while.
The Grizzlies were there and stood pat.
The Hornets are capable but have weakness.
The Rockets can still do it, but the only thing stopping them is themselves.

All I'm saying is don't automatically right them off the worst in the west list. Because it's very possible that they could have a season worst than any of the above teams and that would automatically leave them out of the playoffs and place them in talks for one of the worst in the conference.

With that, I don't think Rockets would become one of those teams, really... The only thing stopping them is themselves (and the success of other teams)

Oefarmy2005
07-17-2010, 03:40 PM
I understand that people are down on Minnesota, but I don't think they'll be the worst team in the league. We got B-easy, J/K... I think that there are teams that could be worse than the Wolves:

Cavs: They have a skeleton of a team

GS:
They Lost: Corey Maggette, Kelenna Azubuike, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Morrow
They Got: Ekpe Udoh, Dorell Wright, Charlie Bell, Dan Gadzuric, David Lee
In my opinion, their outgoing players as a whole are much better than their incoming players - which means the team will be worse IMO.

NO: Most likely will be a bottom five team. They have Paul and West but not much else.

Toronto and Detroit could also be worse.

topdog
07-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Arguably their best player, Devin Harris was injured for a large proportion of last season. He wasn't able to get in any sort of rhythm.

They haven't added a lot, but the guys they've added, continual development of Williams, Lopez and Favors and good luck with injuries will see them win around 25-30 games in my opinion.

Well, here's the thing: the Nets can get away with that and yet the T-wolves are consistently placed as one of the worst teams dispite injuries and learning the triangle last year while they have their own "promising" young players in Love, Beasley, Flynn and Johnson. Not to mention a few other former top 6 picks in Webster, Darko and Brewer. And they already were better this last season...

BobSagetSucks
07-17-2010, 04:13 PM
new york will have the worst record

djeller1139
07-17-2010, 04:17 PM
I understand that people are down on Minnesota, but I don't think they'll be the worst team in the league. We got B-easy, J/K... I think that there are teams that could be worse than the Wolves:

Cavs: They have a skeleton of a team

GS:
They Lost: Corey Maggette, Kelenna Azubuike, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Morrow
They Got: Ekpe Udoh, Dorell Wright, Charlie Bell, Dan Gadzuric, David Lee
In my opinion, their outgoing players as a whole are much better than their incoming players - which means the team will be worse IMO.

NO: Most likely will be a bottom five team. They have Paul and West but not much else.

Toronto and Detroit could also be worse.

Maggette HURT our team, Wright will add some defense, Bell won't be as good as Morrow or Azubuike, but he'll pick up some of the slack, Gadzuric will be similar to Turiaf, and Lee is better than Randolph by far (right now). GSW might not be amazing, but they will be better.

Curry + Lee is a pretty good combination.

TheTakeOver24
07-17-2010, 04:18 PM
new york will have the worst record

doubt it.
D'antoni alone will keep them 30-40 win range
Gallinari will improve, they added Amare, and they added a few really good pieces in the Golden State trade... pieces that fit D'antoni's system.

IversonIsKrazy
07-17-2010, 05:07 PM
from worst to 3rd worst...

West: MIN, GSW, LAC(always find a way to mess it up)

East: PHI, DET, CLE

IversonIsKrazy
07-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Raptors, Wizards, Pacers will NOT be bottom 3 teams next season, you can quote that

Gators123
07-17-2010, 05:10 PM
West

GSW
Wolves
Clippers

East

Raptors
Cavs
76ers