PDA

View Full Version : Rashad McCants

Lindystud36
07-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Just read an interesting ESPN article on this guy.
Looks like he is a superior talent, but is a headcase so NBA teams dont want him on their teams? Whats the real deal with this guy. He was a future allstar now to a jobless hungry athlete, he trains with a world class trainer and seems like he can ball. Right now it says the cavs offered him a summer league spot for 100 bucks a day? whats the real deal here

5thgencali
07-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Sounds like you answered your own question, he's a head case. He always had talent even in his playing days at Carolina but he wasn't super special or anything. Just one of those guys that didn't stick.

Reddd
07-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Just read an interesting ESPN article on this guy.
Looks like he is a superior talent, but is a headcase so NBA teams dont want him on their teams? Whats the real deal with this guy. He was a future allstar now to a jobless hungry athlete, he trains with a world class trainer and seems like he can ball. Right now it says the cavs offered him a summer league spot for 100 bucks a day? whats the real deal here

link please?

FOBolous
07-17-2010, 10:19 AM
yea i just read the article. the article makes me feel bad for the guy. he's not a bad person...just someone who takes awhile to open up.

Geargo Wallace
07-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Isn't it Rashad?

akay47
07-17-2010, 10:40 AM
The guy got an opportunity on the Cavs summer league and just didn't show up at all.. He was on the roster but didn't show up to games or practices.

Brian Windhorst's Twitter:

In ESPN Mag this month Rasard McCants complains about being misunderstood. But then he just didn't show up for Cavs summer league.

Cavs assistant coach Paul Pressey on McCants: "I have not seen him, he never showed up. I was kind of looking forward to seeing him."

Stunner
07-17-2010, 12:42 PM
McCants is a dumbass now i was going to want him on the Bulls but jus read he didnt show up he is a loser now.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah I read that article and felt bad but then when he blew off the Cavs it just shows me he's got issues.

Kevin McHale was recently quoted saying "if he doesn't change his attitude he won't play in the nba again" and he is a pretty liberal coach by all accounts so that tells you alot...

Trouble87
07-17-2010, 12:53 PM
article was soooo interesting but you mess up his first name...

Rashad McCants

SpeeMN
07-17-2010, 12:56 PM
He could easily average 15 points if given 10-15 shots a game. But he is a head case and not a TEAM Player. He likes scoring and that is it.

The Raven
07-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Read the article also. He had all the talent in the world to be a damn good starting shooting guard. Never been arrested and yet guys nowadays seem to get arrested and still be able to find a job in the NBA.

I guess it just all comes down to the fact that there appears to be something mentally wrong with the guy that seems to really turn off every NBA team he's played on

Lindystud36
07-18-2010, 01:25 AM
Sorry for messing up his name.
And its interesting he never showed up at Cavs camp, do we think he is joining lebron in Miami? ... just a joke
But yea i wonder whats up with this guys head??

VinceCarter
07-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Sounds like he could use a chance. Maybe he should try an anti-depressant?

KingsAndNiners
07-18-2010, 01:38 AM
He blew when he was on the Kings.

GSW Hoops
07-18-2010, 01:40 AM
He's got Mike James syndrome.

Stunner
07-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Chris Palmer: I spoke to McCants by phone just before midnight last night and he said he flew to Minny to tend to his sick mother Brenda. Brenda, a breast cancer survivor, thought her cancer had returned and Rashad felt it was more important to be with her than in summer league. Twitter I

I take back what i said about the guy. Good job Shad