PDA

View Full Version : Trade Shawn Camp

BlueJayCarter
07-16-2010, 09:37 PM
We have talked about trading Jason Frasor, Scott Downs, and Kevin Gregg. What about Shawn Camp? I do like Camp alot as you all know when I was hoping he would get an all-star and he has played excellent for the Blue Jays in his career, kind of resurected it after the Devil Rays, but do you think as a 34 going on 35 reliever that he should be traded as well along with Frasor, Downs and Gregg?

Do you think we might get a prospect or two for him?

He is 3-1 2.51 ERA with 30K and 9BB

Ragun
07-17-2010, 08:56 AM
if we could get a solid prospect in return, i would be down with dealing him.

boilerguy2412
07-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Trade him. We should be trading all our players that AA doesn't see being a long term solution. This could be our best year to stack up on some prospects. Downs, Frasor, Gregg, Camp, Purcey could all fetch us something. Overbay, Buck, Bautista, Lewis could all be used as trade bait. One thing i think we could do that would even get us some better specs is to take back a bad contract or 2 that expires at the end of the season. We have enough money to do so.

JaysFan87
07-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Shawn camp is prolly the jays 4th maybe 3rd best relieve so chances are u might get a bag of balls for him.

Jays Claw
07-17-2010, 03:19 PM
I'd do any deal that would net the Blue Jays a solid pitching prospect.

jaysdan
07-17-2010, 05:17 PM
shawn camp has been the jays best and most consistent reliever this year. He is gastons guy in the pen bringing him in any situation. To say that he's there best 3rd or 4th best reliever is a reflection that you are talking about him from not watching and based solely on his name. good effort though.

JaysFan87
07-17-2010, 06:01 PM
shawn camp has been the jays best and most consistent reliever this year. He is gastons guy in the pen bringing him in any situation. To say that he's there best 3rd or 4th best reliever is a reflection that you are talking about him from not watching and based solely on his name. good effort though.

Fair enough.....Shawn camp is prolly the jays 4th maybe 3rd best relieve to trade so chances are u might get a bag of balls for him.

Downs more value
Gregg more value
Frasor/Camp

THis year he might be pitching better but downs and for the most part gregg are the better pitchers in their career and thus likely to fetch more on the trade market...good effort though;)

BIGdanielBABY
07-17-2010, 09:55 PM
If we can get a good solid prospect i say go for it. But if not, it doesn't hurt to keep him. He's been very solid and consistent for us.

BlueJayFanDan
07-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Camp is awesome but for a good prospect I say trade him.

B2theRY
07-17-2010, 10:29 PM
hes been the most consistent pitcher out of the pen.

Lawtonis
07-17-2010, 10:47 PM
I like Camp. Up until this season I thought of him as a AAA depth guy. But like other have said he is our most consistant reliver. I think for the price and the job he does we keep him. He's not untouchable but even if we become and elite team he has a job on any major league club via the way he has been pitching. He's a 5.5-6.0 on the 20-80 scout rating for sure.

Gibby
07-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Is he free agent after this year? if he was then i would trade him if not keep him.

StealingSigns
07-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Is he free agent after this year? if he was then i would trade him if not keep him.

He is on a one year, 1.15 million dollar contract.

Twitchy
07-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Pretty sure the Jays have him next year for his final arb year.

StealingSigns
07-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Pretty sure the Jays have him next year for his final arb year.

Yep, just checked. He will have 5.17 years in?

I don't want to see him traded anyways. SOMEONE has to be able to come in and get people out when there are baserunners.

wamco
07-19-2010, 06:53 AM
At some point we should look at keeping good players. As fun as getting rid of them for draft picks compensation or guys in AA is.