PDA

View Full Version : Why the 180?

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Yes, this another Heat threat buts its not one of over enthusiasm or intense hatred.
Im just really confused.
First a little background:
Im a huge Kobe fan, hence the #24 in my name. I was born in Los Angeles and moved to Miami when I was 8. Have been a Miami sports fan ever since (23 now).
LeBron used to be my most hated player in the NBA. I would watch Dwyane Wade work his butt of every night. Some nights he would put up 40/10/9 and hit a game winner in triple overtime while carrying a team of scrubs on his back. Then i would turn to ESPN and switch on Sportscenter and there would be showing LeBron James highlights on a night where the Cavs didnt even play! If it was a lucky day, they might mention Wade for a couple seconds and then move on to yet another LeBron montage.
Yet even with that I rarely ever heard a complaint from sports fans. All I heard was LeBron is the best player in the NBA (Charles Barkley and just about every ESPN analyst and about 75% of sports fans in general.)
Everyone used to be on LeBron's d***, i felt like the only one who was disgusted with the undeserved attention he was getting. I always asked everyone: How is he a king with no bling?

So my question is... how does LeBron go from being one of the most beloved athletes to one of the most hated overnight? He is the same exact guy. You would have to be blind not see his huge ego. He's never shown the same passion or intensity of a Kobe or Wade. Now suddenly everyone is a LeBron hater... I just dont get it.
What confuses me more is how everyone hates the Heat now. You dont think the Knicks tried to get rid of eddy curry and try to sign all three as well? Do you think any team (other than MAYBE the Lakers) would have jumped at the opportunity? The Heat are a classy organization and are always at the forefront when it comes to helping the community, etc. How do they suddenly become the most hated organization?

Im a huge fan of the Heat and basketball in general. I want to wish everyone good luck this season, yes even to Bulls fans lol.

tangent12
07-16-2010, 06:42 PM
*yawn* Because of the way he handled the situation. And not only because of that but also due to the fact a player of his caliber is taking the easy way out. It would be understandable if he was your average 20ppg kind of player ... but we're talking about a guy who has the talent to be mentioned amongst the all time greats. He could've build a pretty special legacy but he decided to put a huge stain and question mark over it by basically admitting he couldn't do it and seek the help of two other superstars.

LeBron is a coward and clown for many reasons when you go over what happened and analyze it.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 06:46 PM
*yawn* Because of the way he handled the situation. And not only because of that but also due to the fact a player of his caliber is taking the easy way out. It would be understandable if he was your average 20ppg kind of player ... but we're talking about a guy who has the talent to be mentioned amongst the all time greats. He could've build a pretty special legacy but he decided to put a huge stain and question mark over it by basically admitting he couldn't do it and seek the help of two other superstars.

LeBron is a coward and clown for many reasons when you go over what happened and analyze it.

i get that, people think he made the wrong choice... so they are gonna switch their whole perspective on him as a person and a player just because he didnt choose a certain team?

majestic
07-16-2010, 06:48 PM
no point to even watch the nba considering all but 4 teams got raped by lebron james when he was a cav, add d-wade/bosh next to him.. no one stands a chance.. maybe lakers sure but really no point to watch the nba untill finals and even then who cares. nba is gay now.. ill watch bulls games but besides that i dont give a fck

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Nobody outside of Miami should give a **** about the Heat or Lebron.

Jonathan2323
07-16-2010, 06:51 PM

People will deny it, but you know you will be watching.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 06:51 PM
no point to even watch the nba considering all but 4 teams got raped by lebron james when he was a cav, add d-wade/bosh next to him.. no one stands a chance.. maybe lakers sure but really no point to watch the nba untill finals and even then who cares. nba is gay now.. ill watch bulls games but besides that i dont give a fck

thanks for completely ignoring my question :clap:

Jonathan2323
07-16-2010, 06:53 PM
I think the complete 180 because LeBron didn't go to their team. I think it has nothing to do with the way he handled it. If he would have chose NYK, Chi or NJ those fans would have loved him.

kjoke
07-16-2010, 06:55 PM
I think the complete 180 because LeBron didn't go to their team. I think it has nothing to do with the way he handled it. If he would have chose NYK, Chi or NJ those fans would have loved him.

:clap:

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 06:56 PM
People will deny it, but you know you will be watching.

The only time i'll be watching is when they play the Knicks. Other than that....nobody outside of Miami should give a rats *** about this team.

marlinsfan24
07-16-2010, 06:57 PM
The only time i'll be watching is when they play the Knicks. Other than that....nobody outside of Miami should give a rats *** about this team.

Keep thinking that.

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
thanks for completely ignoring my question :clap:

Thanks for adding to the ******** out here by making YET ANOTHER heat related thread.

marlinsfan24
07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks for adding to the ******** out here by making YET ANOTHER heat related thread.

If you don't like it, don't read/post in it. Stop being a baby about it.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 06:59 PM

just goes to show you how wrong you are. most of threads are by non Heat fans... everyone is and will be watching.... or in your words everyone will give a ****.

netsgiantsyanks
07-16-2010, 07:02 PM
because of the way he handled the situation....amare stoudemaire wrote a letter telling how much he appreciates what the suns have done for him. lebron went on national television and bascially shitted on the state of ohio.

_KB24_
All you Heat fans should honestly get counseling. Why so serious?

Jonathan2323
:clap:

I wouldn't have hated LeBron if he would have gone somewhere else. I was happy with just Bosh and Wade, but getting LeBron was Incredible. Other teams needed LeBron more than us. Most people hate on the HEAT now because the big 3 should win, its ridiculos to think we got 2 of the top 3 players.

bal_ravens
Honestly, I rarely hear people say they hate the Heat. Nobody should fault the Heat, they made a good starting lineup with the money they had.

I mostly hear people say they hate their fans(We all know why), and Lebron because of what he did. Was it necessary to have a 1 hour special while someone like Durant signs an extension and barely anyone talks about it?

But they never show great teams on tv, such as the Nuggets, Thunder, Hawks, Blazers and such.

Cromedome
If you don't like it, don't read/post in it. Stop being a baby about it.

If you don't like what i'm saying, don't read and make posts about it. Stop being a baby about it too.

Jonathan2323
07-16-2010, 07:04 PM
If you don't like what i'm saying, don't read and make posts about it. Stop being a baby about it too.

You just said exactly what Marlinsfan said. lol

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 07:07 PM
You just said exactly what Marlinsfan said. lol

LOL, and it made perfect sense.

mavwar53
07-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Guess I'm one of the few that feel the same about LBJ, I do think this will hut his legacy and I don't think he will ever be thought of as possibly the best anymore, the only way that could have been accomplished is if he was the only star on his team with good role players, now he will just be considered a very good player that couldn't do it on his own at the age of 25 he gave up IMO.

BeantownBill
07-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Keep thinking that.

I think the same thing. When the Heat play my team, I'll watch if I'm able. Otherwise, they're still the Heat regardless of who they play. Only real difference now is all the bandwagon fans. Living in the northeast, I'm spared most of that garbage, however, so it's no big deal.

I follow one team, and it's not based in Miami. :p

GeekInThePink
07-16-2010, 07:11 PM
i get that, people think he made the wrong choice... so they are gonna switch their whole perspective on him as a person and a player just because he didnt choose a certain team?

As a non-heat fan, and a non LeBron hater I can tell you exactly why people don't like him as a person, maybe 4 or 5 teams waste their off season for him and he didn't give them a clear cut decision where he was planning to go and he did it in the most public way possible, if he was a normal player he would of done it quietly and respectfully instead of doing it in a hour long special, a special where he personally paid the person interviewing him. For me personally it ruined his image and potentially his legacy.

B.T.W: I am a raptors fan

MiamiLoyal926
07-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Honestly, I rarely hear people say they hate the Heat. Nobody should fault the Heat, they made a good starting lineup with the money they had.

I mostly hear people say they hate their fans(We all know why), and Lebron because of what he did. Was it necessary to have a 1 hour special while someone like Durant signs an extension and barely anyone talks about it?

But they never show great teams on tv, such as the Nuggets, Thunder, Hawks, Blazers and such.

May I ask why miami fans are hated? I have witnessed and read many threads in this forum and about 95 percent of the time, my fellow heat fans have kept it classy. On the other hand, for months we have had bulls, raptors, lakers, and celtics fans baiting in our forums! Now everyone is out here talking smack about the heat on the main forum and we are the ones who are "hated".

So since you know "why" we are hated, I would like to hear what it is we have done wrong?

GeekInThePink
07-16-2010, 07:19 PM
May I ask why miami fans are hated? I have witnessed and read many threads in this forum and about 95 percent of the time, my fellow heat fans have kept it classy. On the other hand, for months we have had bulls, raptors, lakers, and celtics fans baiting in our forums! Now everyone is out here talking smack about the heat on the main forum and we are the ones who are "hated".

So since you know "why" we are hated, I would like to hear what it is we have done wrong?

As a Raptor fan, nothing. I think people are just jealous you landed the big three, I think people are angry at LeBron`s decision and that fuels hatred for everything Miami

Reddd
07-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Guess I'm one of the few that feel the same about LBJ, I do think this will hut his legacy and I don't think he will ever be thought of as possibly the best anymore, the only way that could have been accomplished is if he was the only star on his team with good role players, now he will just be considered a very good player that couldn't do it on his own at the age of 25 he gave up IMO.

As a non-heat fan, and a non LeBron hater I can tell you exactly why people don't like him as a person, maybe 4 or 5 teams waste their off season for him and he didn't give them a clear cut decision where he was planning to go and he did it in the most public way possible, if he was a normal player he would of done it quietly and respectfully instead of doing it in a hour long special, a special where he personally paid the person interviewing him. For me personally it ruined his image and potentially his legacy.

2 main reasons right there, I completely agree on both.

MiamiLoyal926
07-16-2010, 07:22 PM
All you Heat fans should honestly get counseling. Why so serious?

counseling for what? To have the courage and strength to endure all the hate and negativity thrown towards the heat?

If you ask me, all these people angry at lebron and the heat are the ones who require counseling. They have taken it way to personal.

MiamiLoyal926
07-16-2010, 07:24 PM
As a Raptor fan, nothing. I think people are just jealous you landed the big three, I think people are angry at LeBron`s decision and that fuels hatred for everything Miami

well thank you for your honesty.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 07:25 PM

B.T.W: I am a raptors fan

i call BS on that. nothing against you but 80% of people still felt the same about LeBron when he announced that he was going to have a 1 hour long special and give the proceeds to charity. It was after he announced his decision that all the main hoopla began.

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 07:26 PM
No 180 here. I think Lebron has progreesivle become more of a cocky, arrogant douche bag since he entered the NBA.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 07:27 PM
No 180 here. I think Lebron has progreesivle become more of a cocky, arrogant douche bag since he entered the NBA.

i can definitely respect that ^ opinion.

MiamiLoyal926
07-16-2010, 07:29 PM
takeover is somewhat correct. Everyone still sat and watched the one hour special... and only after he decided to join the heat, everyone looked for reasons to hate on lebron.

new york fans, Chicago, Cleveland, nj.... etc would have not been upset if it was them reaping the glory of luring lebron. To me, that is hypocritical.

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 07:30 PM
i can definitely respect that ^ opinion.

The key is that I acknwledge what a great player he is. There are idiots here saying he sucks and that he isn't good. That's lunacy. It's one thing to hate him because he's a douche, but at least accept his great talent.

MiamiLoyal926
07-16-2010, 07:31 PM
the key is that i acknwledge what a great player he is. There are idiots here saying he sucks and that he isn't good. That's lunacy. It's one thing to hate him because he's a douche, but at least accept his great talent.

truth

Cromedome
July 8th, 2010....the day basketball died.

TheTakeOver24
The key is that I acknwledge what a great player he is. There are idiots here saying he sucks and that he isn't good. That's lunacy. It's one thing to hate him because he's a douche, but at least accept his great talent.

of course. Kobe is the best player in the league, LeBron may be the greatest physical talent ever.

hugepatsfan
takeover is somewhat correct. Everyone still sat and watched the one hour special... and only after he decided to join the heat, everyone looked for reasons to hate on lebron.

new york fans, Chicago, Cleveland, nj.... etc would have not been upset if it was them reaping the glory of luring lebron. To me, that is hypocritical.

I think the teams courting him have that attitude (for the most part). But fans that had no involvment trashed him for that BS from the start.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 07:33 PM

LMAO
the date thing is hilarious because i remember Knicks fans posting "July 8th, 2010 the beginning of a Knicks dynasty" or w/e with the hopes of getting Wade/Lebron

MiamiLoyal926
07-16-2010, 07:34 PM

Nov. 2008.... the day pro sports daily died.:facepalm:

The NBA will live on. Before you know it, it will be the era of derick rose and john wall.... and then who knows who will follow that.

I have read many of your posts and they are overly dramatic.

Reddd
07-16-2010, 07:36 PM
There should be no reason to hate the Heat, the Heat just nailed everything in any way possible.
So far I can't say anything bad about Lebron's game, people just got more and more pissed by his arrogant and immature personality.
And for me also that he destroyed his legacy as a potential all-time great.

MiamiLoyal926
07-16-2010, 07:39 PM
There should be no reason to hate the Heat, the Heat just nailed everything in any way possible.
So far I can't say anything bad about Lebron's game, people just got more and more pissed by his arrogant and immature personality.

Perhaps he tainted his legacy, but it does not mean it canít be cleaned and rebuilt in a new vision. Legacy can only be measured with time and hinds sight.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 07:40 PM

i may not agree with your post in its entirety, but it is intelligent and unbiased.
wish more people would use common sense like that.

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Did we really need a 1 hour special? That's what you call "overly dramatic. " Jan 2009, the day pro sports daily died.

MiamiLoyal926
07-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Did we really need a 1 hour special? That's what you call "overly dramatic. " Jan 2009, the day pro sports daily died.

:clap: unique ;)

redzone11
07-16-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't hate the Heat, I don't have a problem with the team, I think it will be interesting for the NBA, and I will certainly watch.

What I hate is how LeBron handled the situation, he was everything Cleveland had, and until the time he announced it he embraced the city. And he **** on the city and let it be. At the least he should say something to team, he has been quoted many times on how he will never leave and build a champion in Cleveland. And the way he left was terrible. Worst possible way to handle the situation.

LeBron has turned into a cocky douche progressively throughout his career, and he doesn't have much respect for the game, or the NBA at times. And this just made it a lot worse.

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 07:53 PM
:clap: unique ;)

Thanks. Don't patronize me.

D1JM
07-16-2010, 07:54 PM
u just dont wake up and do a decision. He knew where he was going. Wade and Bosh did too. Bosh even said it on national tv that they had been talking for months about it, to just catch himself and correct himself by saying days. We all know they have been planning for it for years, and it all goes back since they signed their contract. Even if he would of gone to the bulls i wouldnt of respected the way he handled himself. Posters that say that lebron isnt no good blah blah blah are just blinded by the hate of not choosing their team. However, you referencing yourself in second person is cocky and thinking that he is the greatest to ever play the game is just pushing it. He isnt the king, and he aint even close to reaching Kobe stature.

MiamiLoyal926
07-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks. Don't patronize me.

then please offer some more fruitful posts than "July 8th, 2010 the day basketball died!!!!" pumpumpummmm (dramatic sounds)

Mrphilly
07-16-2010, 07:57 PM

So it would have been ok if he went to play with Boozer, Rose and the Bulls? You sound like a sad girl. Lebron made a great career move, winning is his top priority, not all the dumb being the man stuff.

Multiple great players win championships. One great player and a bunch of guys get knocked out the playoffs early. Lebrons has this Huge Ego according to everybody, but he is putting it aside to WIN, but people still hate him.

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 07:58 PM
then please offer some more fruitful posts than "July 8th, 2010 the day basketball died!!!!" pumpumpummmm (dramatic sounds)

Tell that to the 2000 or so people who have that "pumpumpumpum" ? :facepalm: in their sigs.

Get ready for A LOT of booing towards the heat next season. Fruitful posts? Lmao.

97NYer
07-16-2010, 08:04 PM
LeBron had every right to join Wade/Bosh. However, he didn't notify his team and embarrassed the state of Ohio in front of millions. I didn't like LeBron before and I like him less now. So for me I didn't go from love to hate I went from disliking to really disliking. I will be rooting against the Heat simply because the Knicks are in the same conference and they will be a very tough team. By the way I'm not crazy about Bosh but I always loved Wade.

KIWIHAB
07-16-2010, 08:06 PM
I feel the same about james and bosh as I did before, they are arrogant! As a Raptor fan, I am looking forward to seeing guys go out and try to prove themselves and love the game. I am looking forward to the season and I am looking forward to seeing what the Heat will accomplish, just because I dislike their players attitude will not change my curiosity. We were never going to win the big one with Bosh as the presumed star and now we have a team to booo (Miami) more than Boston (when they formed their big 3). I only wish they formed their club out west.

RCarlson85
07-16-2010, 08:09 PM

I think you will be the only one to not care about the Heat. I don't even believe for a second that you won't be watching either, I don't care what you say. So according to your logic, no one outside of Cleveland should have cared about Lebron before? Like that happened. He will be a bigger story now and will draw more attention because he's on this team. ESPN, TNT, and ABC will be showing the Heat as much as they can.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 08:11 PM
im gettin the vibe that a lot of people are using the state of Ohio as an excuse to hate on LeBron.
Some people said he should have gone the Kevin Durant route and just notified everyone via twitter.
Lets see, if he did that there would have been an outrage... Cleveland deserves more than a tweet! Who does he think he is? He should at least explain himself! Blah Blah Blah.
So he goes on ESPN and explains to the world who has been on their knees begging him for his decision. There he explains why he chose the Heat and thanks his fans.

RCarlson85
07-16-2010, 08:11 PM

Who made you come to this thread? Did someone hold a gun to your head? This is why I call B.S. on you not watching. If you can't resist reading a thread, you won't be able to not watch.

boolish
07-16-2010, 08:19 PM
how many threads before miami fans "get it"? he is hated because of the way he handled "the decision".

RCarlson85
07-16-2010, 08:22 PM

Nobody needed it, nobody wanted it. You think Heat fans chose to have the special? You're going to have to get over it. I think 99.9% if not 100% of people on here would agree with me when I say that I wish he had just had made his decision and held a press conference to answer questions like everyone else does. It's over though, nothing we can do about it now.

D1JM
07-16-2010, 08:27 PM
this is off topic,but when can Lebron officially call delonte daddy?

Cromedome
I think you will be the only one to not care about the Heat. I don't even believe for a second that you won't be watching either, I don't care what you say. So according to your logic, no one outside of Cleveland should have cared about Lebron before? Like that happened. He will be a bigger story now and will draw more attention because he's on this team. ESPN, TNT, and ABC will be showing the Heat as much as they can.

Was I speaking chinese? I said the ONLY time i'll be watching the heat is when they play the Knicks. I MIGHT watch the Heat-Cav game due to the fact I feel there will be some sort of riot.

nitram58

Not true,Im a Bulls fan but i was hoping he'd stay with the cavs.But the way he played with the emotions of most fans then in his hour show to say he didnt really want to leave cleveland,PLEASE.He can go anywhere he wants to,He can say anything he wants to,But he tried to make himself bigger than the game.NOBODY.AND I MEAN NOBODY IS BIGGER THAN THE GAME.

RCarlson85
07-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Was I speaking chinese? I said the ONLY time i'll be watching the heat is when they play the Knicks. I MIGHT watch the Heat-Cav game due to the fact I feel there will be some sort of riot.

No I read what you said. I'm calling B.S.

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Who made you come to this thread? Did someone hold a gun to your head? This is why I call B.S. on you not watching. If you can't resist reading a thread, you won't be able to not watch.

:facepalm: I didn't even read the thread. I saw the words HEAT and MIAMI and decided to speak my mind about the death of the NBA/NBA forums.

I'm sorry that you have trust issues.

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 08:30 PM

Again, i'm sorry you have major trust issues in your life. Knicks vs Heat and MAYBE Heat vs Cavs.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 08:33 PM
thank you to everyone up to this point who gave a serious and honest answer while staying on topic.
appreciate it

RCarlson85
07-16-2010, 08:33 PM
:facepalm: I didn't even read the thread. I saw the words HEAT and MIAMI and decided to speak my mind about the death of the NBA/NBA forums.

I'm sorry that you have trust issues.

Exactly, you saw what it was about and decided to join in anyway. You didn't have to. I'm not sure what trust has anything to do with this?

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Exactly, you saw what it was about and decided to join in anyway. You didn't have to. I'm not sure what trust has anything to do with this?

I'm telling you that I won't watch this sham of a team (except Knicks vs heat and heat vs Cavs due to the drama) ...and you're telling me i'm lying.

Major trust issues.

blastmasta26
07-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't hate LeBron and I don't hate Miami. I disliked his move of going to Miami and basically admitting he can't be the man. If he had gone anywhere other than Miami, he would have gotten less hate in my opinion. He still would've gotten criticism over how he left, but I personally don't really care about that too much.

Enemey
07-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes, this another Heat threat buts its not one of over enthusiasm or intense hatred.
Im just really confused.
First a little background:
Im a huge Kobe fan, hence the #24 in my name. I was born in Los Angeles and moved to Miami when I was 8. Have been a Miami sports fan ever since (23 now).
LeBron used to be my most hated player in the NBA. I would watch Dwyane Wade work his butt of every night. Some nights he would put up 40/10/9 and hit a game winner in triple overtime while carrying a team of scrubs on his back. Then i would turn to ESPN and switch on Sportscenter and there would be showing LeBron James highlights on a night where the Cavs didnt even play! If it was a lucky day, they might mention Wade for a couple seconds and then move on to yet another LeBron montage.
Yet even with that I rarely ever heard a complaint from sports fans. All I heard was LeBron is the best player in the NBA (Charles Barkley and just about every ESPN analyst and about 75% of sports fans in general.)
Everyone used to be on LeBron's d***, i felt like the only one who was disgusted with the undeserved attention he was getting. I always asked everyone: How is he a king with no bling?

So my question is... how does LeBron go from being one of the most beloved athletes to one of the most hated overnight? He is the same exact guy. You would have to be blind not see his huge ego. He's never shown the same passion or intensity of a Kobe or Wade. Now suddenly everyone is a LeBron hater... I just dont get it.
What confuses me more is how everyone hates the Heat now. You dont think the Knicks tried to get rid of eddy curry and try to sign all three as well? Do you think any team (other than MAYBE the Lakers) would have jumped at the opportunity? The Heat are a classy organization and are always at the forefront when it comes to helping the community, etc. How do they suddenly become the most hated organization?

Im a huge fan of the Heat and basketball in general. I want to wish everyone good luck this season, yes even to Bulls fans lol.
Lakers were like NO WAY to BOSH lol. We didnt wanna trade Lamar Odom or Andrew Bynum because a frontline with Gasol and Bosh:laugh: lol its not pretty.

I just find it funny how the Tables has turned . Thanks Lebron for making Kobe look even better.

Kobe Most Hated from 2004-2010 Lebron Mosted Hated from 2010-????

RCarlson85
07-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm telling you that I won't watch this sham of a team (except Knicks vs heat and heat vs Cavs due to the drama) ...and you're telling me i'm lying.

Major trust issues.

You seem to have nothing but ridiculous things to say, that doesn't give me any reason to trust what you say. You have to earn trust.

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Lakers were like NO WAY to BOSH lol. We didnt wanna trade Lamar Odom or Andrew Bynum because a frontline with Gasol and Bosh:laugh: lol its not pretty.

I just find it funny how the Tables has turned . Thanks Lebron for making Kobe look even better.

Kobe Most Hated from 2004-2010 Lebron Mosted 2010-????

that and also because they didnt want to give up Bynum. If the Lakers were able to get Bosh without having to give up anything than of course they would have wanted him.

king4day
07-16-2010, 08:51 PM

For me, it's how it was handled. I got deuchbag chills watching his expressions and how he spoke during that interview.

bal_ravens
07-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Oh I dont care about the trash talking and such. Not what I was refering to. Moreso the fact that Miami, out of all the teams, have some of the most fair weathered fans. Yes, every team has their share, who only show up when their teams are winning, but Miami seems to be the biggest in this way.

And im not refering to the people who have been Miami fans on here for awhile, but it seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

bal_ravens
07-16-2010, 08:59 PM

Im not trying to hate or anything, or bash on Miami, cuz I have no problems at all with them, but I feel the same way as him. I only plan on seeing Miami play when they play the Wizards or they happen to be on a major network and its a good game.

Its the same way when the Celtics were first put together with their big 3. I only saw them play the Wizards, then maybe parts of 3 games that were on tv.

nastynice
07-16-2010, 09:00 PM

Actually, what u described is the reason why no one in miami hates him, not why everyone else does.

There's a couple reasons people don't like (i'm not gonna say hate, thats too strong a word) lebron right now. First and foremost, his handling of the free agency situation. I understand he's young, but he should have enough sense not to string the cavs organization along (just tell them ur leaving, let them rebuild), not to make fools of the fans of cleveland on national tv, and biggest of all not to disrespect the game of basketball. He's doing something that no player in nba HISTORY has done before, thinking he is above the game. I like the lakers, I HATE the spurs and celtics, however at least I respect those teams (minus crybaby pierce), can't say the same about Lebron.

The other thing is that this heat team seems to be very generic. Its not a real team. Wade is taking a paycut. Bosh is taking a paycut. James is taking a paycut. Mike Miller is playing 2nd string when he can be starter on most teams. Its one thing for one or two players to accept a salary or roll that is less than their potential, but for a WHOLE TEAM to do it is just too much. The team just seems very generic and artificially put together.

That being said, I'm EXCITED about watching this team play next year. They got three badass players that absolutely rip it up on the court. Although lebron + amare vs rose + boozer vs wade + bosch would've been wayy sexier, this heat team will still be damn fun to watch. Too bad this heat team wasn't put together in a more legitimate fashion, I think they'd be gettin a lot more love from around the league...

netsgiantsyanks
07-16-2010, 09:01 PM
personally, a little bit why i'm pissed is because he didnt choose my team, but at the same time, i didnt get my hopes up for it. but the way he handled the situation is why i was most pissed about. no doubt, hes a great player, and i'll tune in and watch whenever they're on tnt. but, lebron, why did you have to do that to the state of ohio?? damn.

RCarlson85
07-16-2010, 09:02 PM

That's why there was talk of the Lakers trying to trade for Bosh. There were many articles about it. Here's a couple examples for you. The first one is from the trade deadline and the 2nd one is from this summer. I think the Raptors didn't want Bynum because he's a walking injury.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2010/01/10/lakers_rumour/

A report in Sundayís New York Post suggests the Los Angeles Lakers would like to acquire Raptors forward Chris Bosh and will offer centre Andrew Bynum in return.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100628.html

The Lakers also are expected to enter the picture with a bid for Bosh as it became clear in the Finals they need more scoring. And you can be sure they donít want to see a LeBron/Bosh pairing in Chicago with Rose and Noah to go against. The Raptors would like to get something in a sign-and-trade for Bosh, but they likely wonít deal him in the East. The Lakers are expected to offer Andrew Bynum, a legitimate low post center, and Lamar Odom, and take back Jarrett Jack, whom the Raptors would like to move.

Jenceman
07-16-2010, 09:02 PM

And what about fans of teams not in the Lebron sweepstakes who still hate the way Lebron handled the situation?

You gotta think things through man

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 09:04 PM
And what about fans of teams not in the Lebron sweepstakes who still hate the way Lebron handled the situation?

You gotta think things through man

from what i've understood so far, it is one word.
most will deny it but I believe its the truth: jealousy

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 09:14 PM
You seem to have nothing but ridiculous things to say, that doesn't give me any reason to trust what you say. You have to earn trust.

If you don't like what I have to say...don't read it. I have to earn YOUR trust? Who are you again?

nastynice
07-16-2010, 09:15 PM

HAHA, not at all. Ur not reading any of the posts in this thread, r u?

Enemey
07-16-2010, 09:20 PM
That's why there was talk of the Lakers trying to trade for Bosh. There were many articles about it. Here's a couple examples for you. The first one is from the trade deadline and the 2nd one is from this summer. I think the Raptors didn't want Bynum because he's a walking injury.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2010/01/10/lakers_rumour/

A report in Sunday’s New York Post suggests the Los Angeles Lakers would like to acquire Raptors forward Chris Bosh and will offer centre Andrew Bynum in return.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100628.html

The Lakers also are expected to enter the picture with a bid for Bosh as it became clear in the Finals they need more scoring. And you can be sure they don’t want to see a LeBron/Bosh pairing in Chicago with Rose and Noah to go against. The Raptors would like to get something in a sign-and-trade for Bosh, but they likely won’t deal him in the East. The Lakers are expected to offer Andrew Bynum, a legitimate low post center, and Lamar Odom, and take back Jarrett Jack, whom the Raptors would like to move.
GM Mitch Kup. said he does not want to trade LO or Bynum for Bosh because it will mess up the chemistry of an already built championship team and Lakers would lose their Height advantage.

And remember Bosh was a free agent and said he was interested with lakers also.

drew_ellis_23
07-16-2010, 09:42 PM
I have never liked Lebron. I thought he was awful cocky for not winning anything. I respected him cause he was a hell of a player and still is, but the way he handled the situation, and treated the Cavs has caused me to lose all respect for him. I now dislike, and have no respect for this guy. I don't like Kobe either but would rather the Lakers win again then Lebron. I can see why Bosh left Toronto. Who wouldnt? Wade took a paycut for the good of the team. I respect that. Lebron took a **** on the place he grew up, and the only team he played for in his pro career. And though nobody can prove it, he appeared to quit on them in the Boston series. The whole "decision" bull**** was just that, bull****. I am happy for the Heat but this guy is classless.

Jenceman
07-16-2010, 09:49 PM

How could you be jealous of something you never had a chance of getting?

Besides, I've disliked Lebron for awhile now. He's an attention whore, and The Decision made that fairly obvious.

1-800-STFU
07-16-2010, 09:49 PM
He is a narcissistic prick

jmartin80
07-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Y
So my question is... how does LeBron go from being one of the most beloved athletes to one of the most hated overnight?

As everyone else has said, it is a majority in how he did it. On top of that, I really do believe that he knew he was going to Miami a while ago. I would actually consider this tampering of which I think D-Wade was the major ring leader. I think some fans feel like they jerked their teams around and forced them to make additional moves to free up cap space (see captain Kirk in Chicago) for no reason. I can't even imagine my frustration level if I were Cleveland fan. To top it all off, even if Lebron would have chosen my team, I still think "The Decision" was one of the most arrogant, attention seeking tactics I have ever seen. ESPN catered to him and I feel like this is the worst thing to happen on ESPN since Steve Phillips did that stupid mock GM press conference.

Also, all the talk about "sacrifice" and giving up so much money is a horrible thing for people to focus on. They did leave money on the table, but to use the word sacrifice with anyone signing a $110 Million dollar contract is ridiculous (not his fault, the media).

I never visit other individual team forums. Only my teams forums. I believe that there is an outspoken minority of Heat fans that venture out into the other forums and do absolutely nothing but bait. They cuss, rant and talk trash and then just sit there and say "U Mad?". I do not even think this is clever in any way. It is annoying as hell to be honest. That is the bad thing about PSD that is impossible to control. You will always have the fans that make your team's fanbase look bad. I didn't even read the main NBA post for a while because of it.

Will the Heat dominate? The absolutely have the chance to. But going around in different teams forums reminding them about it over and over doesn't help the situation. Plus, you have new posters everyday who only bait.

Now, the thing that Heat fans need to face is that they are now the "Yankees" of the NBA. You will be hated. Get used to it. But try not to stir it up.

My opinion. Of course it might be wrong.

RCarlson85
07-16-2010, 10:02 PM
If you don't like what I have to say...don't read it. I have to earn YOUR trust? Who are you again?

Exactly. I don't know you, and you don't know me. I'm just trying to show how dumb it was mention trust issues. Who trusts a complete stranger? This whole thing is just really stupid.

showtym24
07-16-2010, 10:05 PM
personally, a little bit why i'm pissed is because he didnt choose my team, but at the same time, i didnt get my hopes up for it. but the way he handled the situation is why i was most pissed about. no doubt, hes a great player, and i'll tune in and watch whenever they're on tnt. but, lebron, why did you have to do that to the state of ohio?? damn.

Desprate douche.

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Exactly. I don't know you, and you don't know me. I'm just trying to show how dumb it was mention trust issues. Who trusts a complete stranger? This whole thing is just really stupid.

I call B.s :facepalm:

MiamiLoyal926
07-17-2010, 12:31 AM
I call B.s :facepalm:

Several hours later... cromedome still at it. Stop hating on the heat organization for creating only what everybody wishes to do, build a contender.

That is all we did, only we did a great job at it border line dynasty. Come six+ years from now and the dust will be settling and the NBA will be back to spreading the wealth. Were there complaints when the Celtics won 11 in 13? Did the NBA die then?

sargon21
07-17-2010, 03:15 AM
good to see some good, reasonable heat fans in here, there are a lot of bad heat posters on here whether the heat forum will admit or not, also maybe you can tell Master Mind to stop lurking in our forums and not using the bold print, wat a ****in ego

Kashmir13579
07-17-2010, 03:35 AM

i like what you said about how wade never got the credit he deserves. regardless, he will be the captain and leader of your team. as far as lebron goes, i think everyones just mad they didnt get him. i know i was sore for a while (being a knicks fan). i also think everyone is deeply disappointed that he couldnt do it on his OWN team; jumping ship to join two other all stars. just really disappointing, man.... he should've stayed with his team or started fresh somewhere else IMO. and obviously your right that any other team would've done the same thing (if they had the chance).