PDA

View Full Version : People calling the Lakers "bandwagon players" is overrated

numba1CHANGsta
07-16-2010, 01:25 PM
When people say "everyone wants to play for the Lakers" is semi true, its a great franchise with great success and history, but in reality its not always true. When people say "players want to join the Lakers so they can have an easier way to win a ring" or "players who join the best team are bandwagon players" it really depends on what team you are talking about. But, many people assume the Lakers are made up of bandwagon players which is totally false. The players on the team that won back2back championship were not made up bandwagon players, they were either drafted, traded for, or isnt a big name type of player:

09 Roster:

Ariza-traded for
Brown-traded for
Kobe-drafted/traded for
Bynum-drafted
Farmer-drafted
Fisher-drafted/signed(but was originally a Laker)
Gasol-traded for
Mbenga-signed but not a big name player
Morisson-traded for
Odom-traded for
Powell-signed but not a big name player
Sasha-drafted
Luke-drafted
Sun-drafted

10 Roster:

only difference were No Sun and Ariza left through free agency and we signed Artest

11 Roster:

so far Farmer's gone and we signed Steve Blake

So if there's any arguements about bandwagon players I guess u can make a case for Artest and Blake, but isnt like they are Hall of Famers. This team has had a history of drafting great/good players and hardly have signed any big name players through free agency, only ones i can think of are Wilt, Kareem, and Shaq and those were from different decades.

Er1c
07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
It's true what u said. But hey, let them talk haha.
They are just haters that's jealous

XerxestheGreat
07-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Well laid out! Like Jerry Buss himself said..."everyone loves to hate...beat LA, beat LA"...it motivates the boss so it's all good

XerxestheGreat
07-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Farmer?:laugh2:

Avenged
07-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Kevin Durant disagrees with you.

Playa4life
07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey When you are on TOP like KOBE everybody HATES you!! Laker are the biggest market and best team to play for Who don't wana play for LA...LA is A "mekka" of basketball. LA has No NFL team, Basketball is a religion in LA so other haters who's teams sucks will always HATE! and NOW they are even more jealous coz LA and kobe won 2 back to back championship when all the Attention was on LECHOKE!! I LOVE IT!!! HAHA

FakeBlackMamba
07-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Mitch > Riles

nanablvd
07-16-2010, 02:10 PM
the Lakers cannot sign any big name players through free agency because they have always been way over the cap since the Shaq-Kobe era. I guess the bandwagon players that apply to the Lakers should include those reputed ones willing to sign vet min, the likes of Payton, Malone, Richmond, Rider, Rice. But I agree, the recent Lakers championship teams do not include bandwagon players, unless you make that case for Artest.