PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant calling out the big thrice, bandwagon players?

Pages : [1] 2

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 12:16 PM
@KDthunderup: Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!

Love this kid.

Russell_Roberts
07-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Major Props to Kevin Durant!!

tredigs
07-16-2010, 12:20 PM
@KDthunderup: Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!

Love this kid.

Me too. I saw that and thought about making a thread, glad someone did.

We've got the Evil Empire in both conferences now, but I don't hate the Thunders chances. I'm excited to see what this kid will do in his career. This guy deserves everything he gets.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Say that to the Greatest Laker Jerry West and Celtic Legend Kevin McHale's faces

They started it by conducting lopsided trades

OBVIOUSLY SMALL MARKET TEAMS CANT COMPETE WITH THAT

Durant said that because no one wants to be a Thunder, give him a few years, he'd be crying for a trade all your praises about him will turn to LULZ

TheTakeOver24
u guys act like its a new thing
this has been happening for decades.
i like that he included the Lakers in there... unbiased kid.

shep33
I love KD, I think he's a little off about the Lakers though, they didn't really lure anybody in, maybe Artest but they had to give up Ariza in doing so.

Steve Blake the other guy maybe?

Everyone else was either drafted for or traded for on that team. But I stilll get his point, talent should be spread around the league no concentrated on a couple of teams.

tredigs
07-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Say that to the Greatest Laker Jerry West and Celtic Legend Kevin McHale's faces

Durant said that because no one wants to be a Thunder, give him a few years, he'd be crying for a trade all your praises about him will turn to LULZ

Going to take at least 5 son; just re-signed with the team for less than max a week ago.

I love KD, I think he's a little off about the Lakers though, they didn't really lure anybody in, maybe Artest but they had to give up Ariza in doing so.

Everyone else was either drafted for or traded for on that team. But I stilll get his point, talent should be spread around the league no concentrated on a couple of teams.

It's no secret that they constantly lure players that are ring chasing or seeking the big stage. Shaq? Ron Artest recently? Not saying it's a bad thing, to each their own. But it's good to see the kid showing heart and wanting to attack the top powers.

I've already laid a bet that they'll dethrown the Lakers in the WC with a buddy of mine, we'll see..

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Going to take at least 5 son; just re-signed with the team for less than max a week ago.

:clap:

VIP1349
07-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Yup through all this Kevin Durant ended up the ultimate good guy in basketball.

Atownballa5
07-16-2010, 12:32 PM
lets go KD!

netsgiantsyanks
07-16-2010, 12:35 PM

at least he has the competitive spirit unlike some people. :rolleyes:

Carey
07-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Glad someone still wants to be great, he loves his small market city and would rather battle to get them a trophy.

shep33
07-16-2010, 12:36 PM
I like KD, still the Lakers are tough to beat when healthy. They played that series very banged up and still won. Still early on the Thunder, I love watching them play, and KD is becoming one of my favorite players of this generation.

But still, its very early on them, and I really hope they stay healthy cause we were talking about the Blazers like we are now of OKC 2-3 years ago.

One of the biggest testaments to a team is how they handle injuries, and It'll be something OKC will have to face. But Durant seems like a great leader, so there should be not much of a problem there.

td0tsfinest
07-16-2010, 12:39 PM
I like his fire and determination. Go get em KD.

Master Mind
07-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Last time I checked these were professional athletes, every team has talent. KD don't want none of what's brewing down in Miami, he's starting to show his thong--don't be scared KD :p...Naw but seriously play ball, I like KD but this is business...

DQL
07-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I bet Durant would think twice if he was playing on a team full of over-the-hill players or overrated scrubs that has no shot at titles. Durant's supporting cast is much better than what Lebron ever had in Cleveland. Plus Durant has been in the league for just 3 years, quite a short time to feel the need for a ring

omdigga
07-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Durant is the man... maybe the new "chosen one"

Ray_R
07-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Last time I checked these were professional athletes, every team has talent. KD don't want none of what's brewing down in Miami, he's starting to show his thong--don't be scared KD :p...Naw but seriously play ball, I like KD but this is business...

:confused:

mets77
07-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Durant is now the hero in the nba

*Silver&Black*
07-16-2010, 12:50 PM

Would you still say that if the Heat didn't have the offseason it did?

Master Mind
07-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Would you still say that if the Heat didn't have the offseason it did?

Yes sir. I'm a Heat fan to the core

netsgiantsyanks
07-16-2010, 12:53 PM

:facepalm:

numba1CHANGsta
07-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Actually not everyone wants to play for the Lakers, the only players we signed through free agency were Artest and Steve Blake, everyone else were either drafted, traded for, or just aint a big name type of player.

As for the Heat, everyone is jumping on that bandwagon for sure i mean Big Z still following LBJ? Haslem taking less money to be on a team with arguably the top three players in the league? Mike Miller coming off the bench when he can still be a starter? LBJ and Bosh wanting to play with Wade so they can all win together cuz they cant win it alone with great players surrounding them instead of being second and third fiddle in MIA? these are bandwagon players

J$mo0th_3o5
07-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Not you too KD!

Carey
07-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I bet Durant would think twice if he was playing on a team full of over-the-hill players or overrated scrubs that has no shot at titles. Durant's supporting cast is much better than what Lebron ever had in Cleveland. Plus Durant has been in the league for just 3 years, quite a short time to feel the need for a ring

Lebron had a solid supporting cast over the years, its not their fault Mike Brown's offensive system was non existence or Lebron's jab stepping for 20 seconds of a 24 second clock lol

epizo1
07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Got mad respect for KD. Now THAT'S how you handle your business.

Joe09
07-16-2010, 12:57 PM
KD=best player in league

actually maybe 2nd to Kobe

ldc62
07-16-2010, 12:58 PM

Wish him the best, but good guys don't win

krest213
07-16-2010, 01:01 PM

:nod::nod:

Magic Bean Fury
07-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Kevin Durant took the max contract he could get, 85 mil over 5 years, which will rise now because of the cap increase.

calakers
07-16-2010, 01:02 PM
all i have to nsay is that kd will be crying to play 4 a better team in future. i give him props 4 trusting his team but their not going 2 be champs

JordansBulls
07-16-2010, 01:07 PM

Love this kid.

Totally agree.

New Y0rk3r
I gotta say that KD is the man. A true competitor, great guy and great player, good for OKC they have someone like him!

rapjuicer06
i'm getting so damn sick of people saying lebron had no one around him. they had the best record in the nba the last two years. you don't get that by having "no talent" around him. lebron is good, but he can't lead his team to the best record in the nba two years in a row by himself. he had great role players in cleveland. flopajao was a great player for him, always hustling, west played well, hickson showed up this year, mo is better than half the point guards in the league, big z was a damn good shooter and helped out greatly. lebron had a lot of help so i'm sick of hearing he had nothing, cuz thats bull ****.

DITKA IS DRIVIN
07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Kevin Durant = Man

DQL
07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Lebron had a solid supporting cast over the years, its not their fault Mike Brown's offensive system was non existence or Lebron's jab stepping for 20 seconds of a 24 second clock lol

I disagree

I'd take the former #5 pick Jeff Green, former #4 pick Russell Westbrook, former #3 pick James Harden, Sefolosha (arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA), Ibaka, etc... over a bunch of washed-up (Shaq, Big Ben, Big Z, Larry Hughes, Jamison, Szczerbiak, Eric Snow, Damon Jones, etc...) or overrated players (Gibson, Varejao (90% of his offense is from Lebron), Mo Williams (chokes in the playoffs everytime), Ricky Davis, etc...) any day

nickdymez
07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I honestly cant wait to see KD torch the heat.... No pun

Raidaz4Life
KD is my man crush <3

Corey
Durant has been my favorite non-Celtic since he was drafted.

This only enforces why.

king4day
07-16-2010, 01:11 PM
In about a year, guys are gonna want to come play with him too.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 01:14 PM
i'm getting so damn sick of people saying lebron had no one around him. they had the best record in the nba the last two years. you don't get that by having "no talent" around him. lebron is good, but he can't lead his team to the best record in the nba two years in a row by himself. he had great role players in cleveland. flopajao was a great player for him, always hustling, west played well, hickson showed up this year, mo is better than half the point guards in the league, big z was a damn good shooter and helped out greatly. lebron had a lot of help so i'm sick of hearing he had nothing, cuz thats bull ****.

Around the Time of Jamison Deal:

Mo Injured, LeBron Injured, Shaq Injured (1st game back was in Playoffs), Z was traded.

Playoffs: Varejao Injured

Coach Mike Brown < x100 Phil Jackson

>He doesnt know what to do with Z, Hickson, Moon, West
>It took 4 games to realize that Jamison is being eaten Alive by KG
>Mo was being humiliated in there, but wasnt pulled out

The Talent was there but wasnt handled properly, leading to frustration by the players

Seriously you only looked at LeBron's career this past 2 years.

Dont you think the other 5 years was hell enough for him

Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Eric Snow, Sasha, Marshall day in day out you play 4 different position to fill up the void of incompetence these "SUPPORTING CAST" YOU SPEAK OF

Melo15
07-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Good to see some of the greatest players in the league still have the competitive spirit.

REALLYYYYY?
07-16-2010, 01:15 PM

Love this kid.

nice

Carey
07-16-2010, 01:17 PM
I disagree

I'd take the former #5 pick Jeff Green, former #4 pick Russell Westbrook, former #3 pick James Harden, Sefolosha (arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA), Ibaka, etc... over a bunch of washed-up (Shaq, Big Ben, Big Z, Larry Hughes, Jamison, Szczerbiak, Eric Snow, Damon Jones, etc...) or overrated players (Gibson, Varejao (90% of his offense is from Lebron), Mo Williams (chokes in the playoffs everytime), Ricky Davis, etc...) any day

I dont disagree, we have talent and talent with more upside. But this notion Lebron didnt have any help is false. He had good teams, players that complimented him if the were coached better offensively and he adjusted his game some.

Tony_Starks
07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Not really sure why he put Lakers in the same convo as Miami? Lakers have built a championship squad over years, Miami is trying to get where the Lakers are at.....

but I dig what he's saying about competing though, shows he's got heart.

tredigs
07-16-2010, 01:22 PM

Mo Injured, LeBron Injured, Shaq Injured (1st game back was in Playoffs), Z was traded.

The Talent was there but wasnt handled properly, leading to frustration by the players

Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Eric Snow, Sasha, Marshall day in day out you play 4 different position to fill up the void of incompetence these "SUPPORTING CAST" YOU SPEAK OF

Listen, you're right -- Put him on nearly every other team in the league and people would argue that his cast is as good or better than Cleveland's. I've been over this 100 times myself - that's not the point, though. This thread has nothing to do with Lebron's Cavs, so let's not make it about it.

Focus: What do you all think the Thunder's record/seed will be at the end of the season, and do you think they'll be capable of coming out of the west?

The Raven
07-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Good to see some players dont care if they play in a big market or small. KD knows whats up

smith&wesson
07-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Durant just took lebrons spot as the future of basket ball imo...

you cant be the guy. when your the pippen to the guy!

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Remember KD's team wasnt supposed to be even in the playoffs for one if it wasnt for CP3's injury year

He was just lucky to have a playoff exposure and gain recognition

awmathewsjr
07-16-2010, 01:27 PM

I hate when people talk about big and small markets, there's only two big markets LA and NY. Every other city's marketability is based on championships. New England Patriots, Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons and the Indianapolis Colts were all considered small market cities before the rings. Another example is how the Colts can be considered a big market team but the Pacers are a small market team.

Lakers14
07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
I disagree

You people are funny, when Cavs started the season last year. Most people were hollering how Cavs was the team to beat then they made the trade for Jamison and the Media said Cavs had the best ROSTER. They lose in the playoffs know the CAVS didn't have players around Bron. Get out of here.

Bron just couldn't lead in the PLAYOFFS when it counts. That's why he's in Miami now PERIOD.

awmathewsjr
07-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Remember KD's team wasnt supposed to be even in the playoffs for one if it wasnt for CP3's injury year

Hornets wouldn't have made it regardless, and the kid came in 2nd in the MVP race, give him a break.

defender4m
07-16-2010, 01:32 PM
hes the man.

Avenged
07-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Hopefully Durant and Co. take it to the Heat this upcoming season.

Not so much my Lakers though. ;)

And I will disagree with him mentioning the Lakers aside from Artest who came here for less but we gave up a major championship piece in doing so with Ariza. Perhaps Steve Blake fits in the picture? but he's not necessarily a star by any means.

Perhaps Durant should recruit some players to play alongside him, if he had one star around him, the OKC Thunder would be even more deadly.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-16-2010, 01:34 PM
KD's a stud

tredigs
07-16-2010, 01:34 PM
I hate when people talk about big and small markets, there's only two big markets LA and NY. Every other city's marketability is based on championships. New England Patriots, Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons and the Indianapolis Colts were all considered small market cities before the rings. Another example is how the Colts can be considered a big market team but the Pacers are a small market team.

Hahah what? Chi is the 3rd largest city and market in America man. "New England" aka Boston metropolitan area and Detroit are also pretty huge; regardless of them being former champs or not.

Indianapolis sure, but I don't think anybody considers them a large market, do they?

OKC is indeed a very small market, and there is no significant metropolitan area surrounding it ala San Diego or Anaheim. It's incredibly tough to draw/keep players in a city like that compared to the top 10 markets (Chi, Detroit, Boston), which is why KD quietly signing the 5 year extension last week is all the more impressive for that organization.

And Avenged^, he does have Westbrook bro... that's a legitimate up and coming star. DAMN near D. Rose caliber and better in some aspects.

omdigga
07-16-2010, 01:35 PM

for people who followed basketball, he gained recognition way before the playoffs started.
hes gonna have to deal with bandwagoners trying to join the thunder in a couple of years.. i doubt he'll have a problem with it then.

DQL
07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Bron just couldn't lead in the PLAYOFFS when it counts. That's why he's in Miami now PERIOD.

more like his supporting cast disappeared when it counted. No Lebron didn't have the luxury of winning the title when shooting 6-24 :rolleyes:

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Love this kid, a real class act and a true competitor.

Avenged
07-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Hahah what? Chi is the 3rd largest city and market in America man. "New England" aka Boston metropolitan area and Detroit are also pretty huge; regardless of them being former champs or not.

Indianapolis sure, but I don't think anybody considers them a large market, do they?

OKC is indeed a very small market, and there is no significant metropolitan area surrounding it ala San Diego or Anaheim. It's incredibly tough to draw/keep players in a city like that compared to the top 10 markets (Chi, Detroit, Boston), which is why KD quietly signing the 5 year extension last week is all the more impressive for that organization.

And Avenged^, he does have Westbrook bro... that's a legitimate up and coming star. DAMN near D. Rose caliber and better in some aspects.

Indeed, "up and coming". If Durant had a star RIGHT NOW, they'd probably be contending for a championship especially with Westbrook. It's very possible Durant can have a big 3 of his own if Westbrook continues to develop and OKC get the chance to lure in a star in the upcoming seasons.

Carey
07-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Hopefully Durant and Co. take it to the Heat this upcoming season.

Not so much my Lakers though. ;)

And I will disagree with him mentioning the Lakers aside from Artest who came here for less but we gave up a major championship piece in doing so with Ariza. Perhaps Steve Blake fits in the picture? but he's not necessarily a star by any means.

Perhaps Durant should recruit some players to play alongside him, if he had one star around him, the OKC Thunder would be even more deadly.

I think he said the Lakers as well because he didnt want to deal with the backlash of people saying he was taking a shot at the Heat. Kupchak did a great job putting that team together

Ezekial
07-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Miami fans are a joke. Seriously.

tredigs
07-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Indeed, "up and coming". If Durant had a star RIGHT NOW, they'd probably be contending for a championship especially with Westbrook. It's very possible Durant can have a big 3 of his own if Westbrook continues to develop and OKC get the chance to lure in a star in the upcoming seasons.

Agreed that it would make things easier to have a legitimate all star at the 4 or 5, but turning 22 and going into his third season - Westbrook is a legitimate all star caliber player. There's no significant difference between him and D. Rose, and I don't think anyone would argue against a player of D. Roses talent at this point. The last 4 months of the season + the playoffs he torched the league pretty good. With another year under the belt of Green (who's basically an athletic Rashard 2.0 at this point) and Harden* + Ibaka (along with the addition of Aldrich down low to give them the length they lacked against Bynum/Gasol), I can't say that they need much more. If they continue to gel like they have been and improve at the rate that they're capable of this summer, there's no reason why they shouldn't be contenders.

I can definitely see them knocking off the Lakers this year.

Dark Donnie
07-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Good for KD

Da Knicks
07-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Man Durant is growing on me fast but he is right about the big market teams having all the big time players. New York got Stoudemire because they are a big market and no one else could give him a bigger stage. I also hate the fact that all the players want to go to the Lakers or Heat now but everybody makes a big deal about the "rings" that these players have no choice but to get what people account as the best. I wanna get traded sounds too familiar for all these players now a days what can we do? The owners knew what they were getting into though and the lure of a big city is big!

masalex1205
07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Love Kevin Durant, glad somebody in the NBA still wants to be the best instead of just joining up w/ the best

soxnfins

Hell, the Thunder may not even have to sign anyone to be a legit championship team, or to have a Big 3 on their own. They are developing talent like crazy. I mean they already have a Big 3 in store in KD, Westbrook, and Jeff Green. And with James Harden and Cole Aldrich in the wings, let alone having one of the best, if not the best perimeter defender in the game in Thabo; they will have a scary team in the up and coming years.

Focused1
u guys act like its a new thing
this has been happening for decades.
i like that he included the Lakers in there... unbiased kid.

Agree

Coach V
07-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Amen. FINALLY someone that will stand up for competition.

drobe86
07-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Actually not everyone wants to play for the Lakers, the only players we signed through free agency were Artest and Steve Blake, everyone else were either drafted, traded for, or just aint a big name type of player.

As for the Heat, everyone is jumping on that bandwagon for sure i mean Big Z still following LBJ? Haslem taking less money to be on a team with arguably the top three players in the league? Mike Miller coming off the bench when he can still be a starter? LBJ and Bosh wanting to play with Wade so they can all win together cuz they cant win it alone with great players surrounding them instead of being second and third fiddle in MIA? these are bandwagon players

So based on your dumb calculations anybody that leaves there first team is a bandwagon player. So the big 3 for Boston are bandwagon players except Pierce. Hell Artest, Odom, and Gasol are all bandwagon then. Odom had a chance to leave and take more money last year and he went back to the Lakers. And name 1 NBA player who a championship alone? Maybe Jordan just ran around 11 other teammates that just looked like they were real but they weren't. Maybe they were just dummies.....

jules77
07-16-2010, 01:58 PM
You people are funny, when Cavs started the season last year. Most people were hollering how Cavs was the team to beat then they made the trade for Jamison and the Media said Cavs had the best ROSTER. They lose in the playoffs know the CAVS didn't have players around Bron. Get out of here.

I agree! Great point!

Bruno
07-16-2010, 02:01 PM
It's on his facebook too, it has over "650 likes".

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Miami fans are a joke. Seriously.

LOL..yeah, all ten of them.

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Love Kevin Durant, glad somebody in the NBA still wants to be the best instead of just joining up w/ the best

1. Black Mamba
2. Durantula
3. LeQueen

DWills
07-16-2010, 02:07 PM
lmao

durant will be cryin for a trade in two years max

Trouble87
07-16-2010, 02:08 PM
KD just became the most loved guy in the NBA

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 02:14 PM
lmao

:facepalm:Why?

Great young nucleus/supporting cast.
Top 5 GM.
All the pu**y is the world.
Doesnt have the mindset of Lebron; he has a killer instinct and isnt seen biting his nails on the sideline during every critical situation.

Who cares that he plays in OKC, he lives in the kick *** city of Austin in the offseason and can fly anywhere he wants any time.

mikantsass
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm not a big Durant fan, but the kid is 1000% on the money with this comment.

Do you think MJ would ever say "Hmm i really like Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp, I cant seem to get to the finals maybe if I join with them...."

No, Jordan says "What do I have to do this summer to kick Payton and Kemp's @$$es"

LA_Raiders
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
That kid is going to be a good laker one day...

djlmer
07-16-2010, 02:16 PM
nice call KD. the competitive spirit has been elevated (thanks to kobe bryant and his 5 championships) to another level where winning is all that counts and it doesn't matter how you do it. championships are whats counted in legacies and nothing else really matter as much. that being said, the western conference is still going to be a doozy like it has been for the past few years.

lets go LAKERS!!

DWills
07-16-2010, 02:17 PM
:facepalm:Why?

Great young nucleus/supporting cast.
Top 5 GM.
All the pu**y is the world.
Doesnt have the mindset of Lebron; he has a killer instinct and isnt seen biting his nails on the sideline during every critical situation.

Who cares that he plays in OKC, he lives in the kick *** city of Austin in the offseason and can fly anywhere he wants any time.

lol....u can facepalm whoever u want...cause that clears means everything..not gonna argue with u about it.....

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 02:18 PM
lol....u can facepalm whoever u want...cause that clears means everything..not gonna argue with u about it.....

??..Its a figure of expression. There is no arguement. It was a simple question: why is he going to be asking for a trade in 2 yrs?

Lakersho
07-16-2010, 02:21 PM

We've got the Evil Empire in both conferences now, but I don't hate the Thunders chances. I'm excited to see what this kid will do in his career. This guy deserves everything he gets.

...i'll say this about durantula, the kid is quietly become 'n the next " total all round skilled player " everyone has got thier eyes on kobe, lebron , wade, this kid is already doin things no one has done at this age. youngest score'n champ , sure LBJ could have beat him .that isn't the point . this kid runs a very young team that is scarey dangerous. the coolest part he's already pretty clutch. isn't scared by the "BIG DOGGS '. he's got a better all round skill set than anyone not named kobe. because of his youth, speed and stamina , along with leadership skills , he's the one player right now you could swap him with the superstar thats already on that team , and durant would fill his shoes or maybe make the team better... i know thats sayin alot but he's really that good... no where near as physical as LBJ , dont need to be , better all round skill set and length thats not matched by any other superstar ... i'm a laker fan , for me to say that about another player not a laker is weird to me but its the truth... and he's not scared to state his case to the big doggs , you gotta respect him...

xbrackattackx
07-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Durant is the real guys basketball player...

A.He feels blessed to even have a contact
B. He always says the right things to the press
C.He works hard and has a good Fire
D. He is the home town hero and Loyal.
E.He supports his team and is gladly the face of it, Representing them at the Draft,Summer League, Media everything.

Dudes awesome.

LA_Raiders
07-16-2010, 02:22 PM
1. Black Mamba
2. Durantula
3. LeQueen

1. Kobe
2. Superman
3. Melo
4. Durant
5. Wade
6. LeBroom

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 02:23 PM
1. Kobe
2. Superman
3. Melo
4. Durant
5. Wade
6. LeBroom

I feel you on those six man. Good call. I would argue that Durant will be ahead of Melo after this year. We'll just have to wait and see

What?
07-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Durant through this offseason has quickly become by far my favorite non bull

nuggetsyankees
07-16-2010, 02:29 PM
this guy impresses me more and more each day

Geargo Wallace
07-16-2010, 02:32 PM
1. Kobe
2. Superman
3. Melo
4. Durant
5. Wade
6. LeBroom

now that's facepalm worthy

nuggetsyankees
07-16-2010, 02:34 PM
it's amazing what that kid did last year...he didn't have a real big man and he led his team to a game 6 vs. the Lakers (should have been a game 7)

SouthEast DC
07-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Thats That DC In Him. We Ball No Matter Who On Our Team. Id think he was calling out LBJ && Bosh ether, he was just calling out all the players who wanna come and play with the Heat Now.

MaHaRaJaH
07-16-2010, 02:48 PM

or he will be around long enough to end up the villain

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Of course all the role players want to sign with the Heat and Lakers, they WANT to win. He's simply bitter that his team was the one that was suppoed to take the crown from the lakers. not anymore. maybe western conf crown but thats about it. He's also simply playing to the outcry thats currently out there. Gains alot of support for his legacy as a player by doing so. Have fun being simply a playoff team and nothing more KD.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 02:52 PM
It just shows how classless the Heat fans are. Hating on a true competitor and a role model because he speaks the truth. Y'all have no reason to hate on him, grow up.

David017
07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
im a durant fan as long as hes not playing against la

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Didn't know KD talks so much....so much so for him not seeking attention.

DWills
07-16-2010, 02:54 PM
It just shows how classless the Heat fans are. Hating on a true competitor and a role model because he speaks the truth. Y'all have no reason to hate on him, grow up.

lmao

bitter just a bit>?>?>?

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Thats That DC In Him. We Ball No Matter Who On Our Team. Id think he was calling out LBJ && Bosh ether, he was just calling out all the players who wanna come and play with the Heat Now.

If he didn't have the team he has around him, he won't be talking crap, he'll be out there recruiting also. I hope Smush Parker starts at pg, and Kwame brown at C...then we see how competitive he really is.

slapnutz69
07-16-2010, 02:56 PM

waaa waaa lmfao

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 02:58 PM
He mentioned the Lakers, too, but I notice the OP didn't catch that.

Anyways, haters goin' hate.

dnewguy
No one is talking about Durrant....Durrant is talking about everybody.......KID needs attention so bad ( I am the scoring leader, I love Beasley, please pay attention to me).....people that would rather criticize folks than mind their business are hurting for some reason.

ARMIN12NBA
3-4 years from now, Kevin Durant will be winning championships and defeating this Miami Heat team as the lone top dog on his squad.

DaBUU
07-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Heat and Lakers will be fending off the Bulls and Thunder for the next 5 yrs or so

DaBUU
07-16-2010, 03:03 PM
No one is talking about Durrant....Durrant is talking about everybody.......KID needs attention so bad ( I am the scoring leader, I love Beasley, please pay attention to me).....people that would rather criticize folks than mind their business are hurting for some reason.

A Heat fan saying Durant needs attention so bad?!?!?:speechless: r u effen kidding?

FOBolous
07-16-2010, 03:04 PM

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 03:05 PM
3-4 years from now, Kevin Durant will be winning championships and defeating this Miami Heat team as the lone top dog on his squad.

when he starts averaging more than 1 assist a game.

KmB728
07-16-2010, 03:06 PM
lmao

Wut? U Mad?

:laugh2: i hate those sigs so much

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 03:07 PM
There's people that completely ignored the part where he called out the LAKERS.

Hate knows no bounds :D

What?
07-16-2010, 03:11 PM
If he didn't have the team he has around him, he won't be talking crap, he'll be out there recruiting also. I hope Smush Parker starts at pg, and Kwame brown at C...then we see how competitive he really is.

Why are you getting so mad he didn't even insult Miami or the Lakers he jut said what everyone was thinking I don't know what your getting so mad about

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 03:13 PM

We all know that he threw the Lakers in there not so sound like a Heat hater.......haha, even L A fans can see through the lines.

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Why are you getting so mad he didn't even insult Miami or the Lakers he jut said what everyone was thinking I don't know what your getting so mad about

Dude, i'm as cool as Obama, just pointing out the obvious IMO

bogdanrom
07-16-2010, 03:16 PM

f a g

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 03:21 PM
lmao

bitter just a bit>?>?>?

Woah another baiting bandwagon fan, so surprising. I guess all Miami fans now have LeBron sized egos. Pretty sure you ain't done crap yet so I wouldn't be talking if I were you. All of your posts make you seem like a 5 year old. You Heat "fans" seem to talk smack about anyone that isn't on your team, why don't you have a bit of respect. Grow up and stop acting like a baby. Durant is gonna kick your boy Wade out of the top 3 players in the league next year.

Poohdini
07-16-2010, 03:26 PM

Woah another baiting bandwagon fan, so surprising. I guess all Miami fans now have LeBron sized egos. Pretty sure you ain't done crap yet so I wouldn't be talking if I were you. All of your posts make you seem like a 5 year old. You Heat "fans" seem to talk smack about anyone that isn't on your team, why don't you have a bit of respect. Grow up and stop acting like a baby. Durant is gonna kick your boy Wade out of the top 3 players in the league next year.

:clap: Definitely.

da1nonlydre16
07-16-2010, 03:28 PM

exactly and Im a big KD fan but he'll be pulling a chris paul in 4 years(saying he wants to form a big 3) and in 5 years leaving the thunder if there not winning championships to join the Lakers just watch. and bulls fans seriously stfu yall still mad because you guys signed boozer, korver and brewer. thats perfect for rose but yall are soo mad because it wasnt wade.bosh lebron i love how yall forgot how much u guys where riding Broussards nuts when he said Lebron to the bulls was a lock. cant wait to show Noah how Hollywood it is down here. All of you Bulls fans wanted Lebron and to get Bosh with him and now all of you have sumthn negative to say about the team who got all three of em DISCOUNTED.

HabsFan87
07-16-2010, 03:28 PM
It's not L.A.'s fault that players are attracted to the city and want to be a Laker.

I love the jealousy and irony in these forums, if you guys aren't hating on Lebron, Bosh, or any other player in the league, you have to start criticizing the successful franchises.

Kobe could have walked and gone to any other team, but he didn't, just like anyone else that's been apart of the Lakers.

So please, keep the hate coming and jealousy coming, its all you can do.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!THREEPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 03:30 PM

Kobe would probably be out if he ain't already. 1.Lebron, 2. Wade, 3. Howard. Durrant is just another overrated shooter, passing is not part of his vocabulary. He's good at scoring but nothing else. Heat fans talk smack because they've the 2 best players, that's what everyone else would've done btw.

da1nonlydre16
07-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Kobe would probably be out if he ain't already. 1.Lebron, 2. Wade, 3. Howard. Durrant is just another overrated shooter, passing is not part of his vocabulary. He's good at scoring but nothing else. Heat fans talk smack because they've the 2 best players, that's what everyone else would've done btw.

nah Kobe is def the best league, and this is coming from a heat fan and Durant is that good. Arguably top 5

Carey
07-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Of course all the role players want to sign with the Heat and Lakers, they WANT to win. He's simply bitter that his team was the one that was suppoed to take the crown from the lakers. not anymore. maybe western conf crown but thats about it. He's also simply playing to the outcry thats currently out there. Gains alot of support for his legacy as a player by doing so. Have fun being simply a playoff team and nothing more KD.

Our core is all 20 to 25 years old, with the flexibility to resign just about everybody. Are you really writing us off this quickly? Our guys are even close to their prime

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 03:36 PM
nah Kobe is def the best league, and this is coming from a heat fan and Durant is that good. Arguably top 5

a better team dont make you the best player.....

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Our core is all 21 to 25 years old, with the flexibility to resign just about everybody. Are you really writing us off this quickly? Are guys are even close to their prime

we've seen too many young gunz that never worked out....Blazers (Rasheed era) and the recent Blazers, the Pacers (after Miller), the Bulls (ben gordon era), in NBA history young teams like that threaten till they break-up....next season all those rooks/sophs will want more touches.

da1nonlydre16
07-16-2010, 03:39 PM
a better team dont make you the best player.....

i said nothing about his team, But Kobe has been the best player in the league for years. He was still the best player in the league when it was just him and Odom and Kwame brown and Caron butler

Carey
07-16-2010, 03:44 PM
we've seen too many young gunz that never worked out....Blazers (Rasheed era) and the recent Blazers, the Pacers (after Miller), the Bulls (ben gordon era), in NBA history young teams like that threaten till they break-up....next season all those rooks/sophs will want more touches.

This team is not built like any of those teams, This team was built for sustained success by building from within. You'll never see us dabble too much in free agency, we'll make smart mid-level signings and trades and keep our core intact similiar to what San Antonio has done.

Also you have to watch him enough to know his game, he's a a selfish player, we rely on him too much to score at times, out of all the top scorers in the league i'd argue he takes the least amount of bad shots. As our team gets better offensively you'll see his assists go up, He only impacts the game by scoring? So i guess his defense on Kobe didnt help us win two games in the playoffs, or his rebounding, or his shot blocking or steals. He's a more complete player then given credit for and he's only 21.

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Durant will definitely be one of the best players in the league in the coming years...once he passes puberty... dude has more pimples than Greg Popovich in 8th grade (if you dont get that joke, take a look at Pop's face). This is a good tweet from him. I will say though, that while KD is extremely talented, he was given WAY too many fouls this year. Just because you weigh a buck 50 doesnt mean that when you hit the floor its a foul...

Speaking of which - the increase of fouls and the way the game is being called now is the PRIMARY reason that this superpower was formed in Miami. If they continued to call the game the way they used to when Oakley and Barkley were in the league, and when Riley coached the Knicks.... the players would be much more physical and much less buddy buddy. You always heard guys like Kenny and Charles talking about how they dont understand how so many players in the NBA are so friendly now... because the game is softer and guys make more money. The more friendly format nowadays has led to guys like Lebron Wade and Bosh joining forces (also the fact that players get paid so much, they can take a pay cut and still live like kings). You think that Barkley, Malone, Ewing, and Reggie ever wanted to join forces to win a title? Hell no those guys hated each others guts.

CarniifeX
07-16-2010, 03:50 PM
I wonder why he mentioned the Lakers in comparing to the Heat. It's Kobe and Pau. Not, Kobe, Pau, and like...Carmelo.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 03:52 PM

Wow, you deserve 1000 facepalms. You are hating like crazy now. You obviously don't watch many NBA games, I bet you became a fan shortly after July 8th. I'm assuming you ride the short bus to school. Seriously man you need to stop, you are making all the other cocky heat fans look humble. Next season: 1.Kobe 2.LeBron 3.Durant 4.Wade 5.Melo 6.Paul

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 03:53 PM

If there was a hall of fame for bitter and jealous fans who bait people you'd already be inducted. every message you post contains "bandwagon heat fans". Like i said previously these heat fans you call wagoners have been posting on here for years while you just joined. I wonder if that has anything to do with signing Boozer and Korver. Now that your team is solid and filled out nicely you magically appear in these forums. oh wait, you said you just looked at the forums before and never felt like joining until now. funny how that works.

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Wow, you deserve 1000 facepalms. You are hating like crazy now. You obviously don't watch many NBA games, I bet you became a fan shortly after July 8th. I'm assuming you ride the short bus to school. Seriously man you need to stop, you are making all the other cocky heat fans look humble. Next season: 1.Kobe 2.LeBron 3.Durant 4.Wade 5.Melo 6.Paul

like you?

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Durant will definitely be one of the best players in the league in the coming years...once he passes puberty... dude has more pimples than Greg Popovich in 8th grade (if you dont get that joke, take a look at Pop's face). This is a good tweet from him. I will say though, that while KD is extremely talented, he was given WAY too many fouls this year. Just because you weigh a buck 50 doesnt mean that when you hit the floor its a foul...

Speaking of which - the increase of fouls and the way the game is being called now is the PRIMARY reason that this superpower was formed in Miami. If they continued to call the game the way they used to when Oakley and Barkley were in the league, and when Riley coached the Knicks.... the players would be much more physical and much less buddy buddy. You always heard guys like Kenny and Charles talking about how they dont understand how so many players in the NBA are so friendly now... because the game is softer and guys make more money. The more friendly format nowadays has led to guys like Lebron Wade and Bosh joining forces (also the fact that players get paid so much, they can take a pay cut and still live like kings). You think that Barkley, Malone, Ewing, and Reggie ever wanted to join forces to win a title? Hell no those guys hated each others guts.

KD is already a top player in this league hands down.

tangent12
07-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Glad to see KD calling it like it is.

These kind of teams will be known as poosay teams in the future. Their legacies will not be compared to those of the all time greatest.

fin_frenzy_84
07-16-2010, 03:58 PM
I agree 100 percent with KD... Heat may of ruined the NBA. It wont be as competitive. 99 % of the people that think its right for Wade,Bosh,Lebron is heat fans

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:00 PM
like you?

Ooh good work Mr. Detective, you really got me. So I have to be a member of this forum to be an NBA fan? I am positive I've been a fan of the NBA longer than you have. I will not fall for your pathetic baiting man. I am trying to be civil with all you Heat fans but dude said Kobe wasn't in the top 3 players. That is why I called him a bandwagon fan. He obviously doesn't watch the NBA if he thinks that Kobe is not in the top 3.I know you have nothing better to do then to try and upset fans of other teams but seriously try do you have to join every anti heat argument and start bashing people? Get a life and grow up. Be happy for who is on your team, don't try to rub it in everyone's faces. My Bulls will beat your Heat next year, I guarantee it.

VinceCarter
07-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Give it time people will want to play there.

And don't compare KD to LeBron (quitter) and Kobe (who demanded a trade when the Lakers weren't lookin too good).

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Everyone has hated Wade for obvious reasons.....when he had a monster season 2yrs ago and Kobe had a subpar season....y'all said it's just one season...so now Durrant is scoring champ and already better than Wade? Hateraid is available at walmart from what I heard. Wade has been better than KObe for 3yrs running...update your NBA knowledge.

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 04:05 PM
KD is already a top player in this league hands down.

Sorry when I say one of the best players I mean top 3. He is def a top 10 player right now, but he wouldnt break my top 5. Durant still has a lot to learn, and a lot to develop. I do think that 8 years down the road he could be the #1 player in the league.

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Everyone has hated Wade for obvious reasons.....when he had a monster season 2yrs ago and Kobe had a subpar season....y'all said it's just one season...so now Durrant is scoring champ and already better than Wade? Hateraid is available at walmart from what I heard.

Now you know what its like to talk to haters all day. Wade is an excellent player, and is a top 5 in the league right now, but most unbiased people are going to put him behind Kobe. Forget about their teams...when kobes team was bad he dropped 81, and made first team NBA all defense. Dwade has not done that, but dont get me wrong hes a great player and I love to watch him play.

Tony_Starks
07-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I agree 100 percent with KD... Heat may of ruined the NBA. It wont be as competitive. 99 % of the people that think its right for Wade,Bosh,Lebron is heat fans

Whoa kimosabee! Thats a bit dramatic wouldn't you say? Last I checked the goal was to put the most competitive team you could on the floor so you can WIN. You can't be mad at Miami for being able to attract great players. There's no "fairness clause" in the NBA that says superstars have to be evenly spread throughout the entire league.

The old school Lakers and Celtics sent a starting lineup full of guys to the hall of fame each. So by todays standards would they be "ruining the game" too? New York and Dallas have been spending money like crazy the last 10 years to try to buy the best talent out there but it just hasn't worked, are they ruining the competitiveness too?

Cbast09
07-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Nobody respects Wade and everyone calls all the Heat fans band wagoners when most of us clearly joined this site a long time before July 8th. LA has the biggest bandwagon fan base in the entire NBA. I really like Durant, but his comment was a little unnecessary. The league has always been like this. The Heat aren't the first team to get big names in the offseason.

What do you want us to do? Not get big names because your team deserves Bosh and/or Lebron?

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Everyone has hated Wade for obvious reasons.....when he had a monster season 2yrs ago and Kobe had a subpar season....y'all said it's just one season...so now Durrant is scoring champ and already better than Wade? Hateraid is available at walmart from what I heard. Wade has been better than KObe for 3yrs running...update your NBA knowledge.

You are out of your mind bro. Wade reminds me of Tmac or Penny Hardaway, he is good but he will fall off at a younger age then Kobe or MJ or Reggie. Kobe is still the most lethal player in the game. Did you forget about all those buzzer beaters?

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Now you know what its like to talk to haters all day. Wade is an excellent player, and is a top 5 in the league right now, but most unbiased people are going to put him behind Kobe. Forget about their teams...when kobes team was bad he dropped 81, and made first team NBA all defense. Dwade has not done that, but dont get me wrong hes a great player and I love to watch him play.

Wade is the best blocking guard in NBA history.....he was trice as better as KObe defensively this past season....so to say he hasn't been 1st team defensive is a shame to the league.... he has more votes for defensive player of the year than kobe for 2yrs straight, yet somehow Kobe cracks 1st team. this a case of voters bias. Kobe is not even the best back court defender on his own team.

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Ooh good work Mr. Detective, you really got me. So I have to be a member of this forum to be an NBA fan? I am positive I've been a fan of the NBA longer than you have. I will not fall for your pathetic baiting man. I am trying to be civil with all you Heat fans but dude said Kobe wasn't in the top 3 players. That is why I called him a bandwagon fan. He obviously doesn't watch the NBA if he thinks that Kobe is not in the top 3.I know you have nothing better to do then to try and upset fans of other teams but seriously try do you have to join every anti heat argument and start bashing people? Get a life and grow up. Be happy for who is on your team, don't try to rub it in everyone's faces. My Bulls will beat your Heat next year, I guarantee it.

Never heard me say the Bulls cant beat the Heat this upcoming year. The bulls actually have filled their team out nicely. Will they beat the Heat? not likely but they're certainly good enough to do so.

My post history is available for all to see as is yours. You say i'm rubbing it everyones faces when in fact i do nothing of the sort. You may find a post or two where someone like you brings the worst out in me but 99% of my posts contain no sort of gloating. You should take some of your own advice because your post history is classic HATE towards one fan base and im willing to guess thats exactly why you signed up for PSD. I am more than happy with my team but as of now im just that because we havent won anything yet. Try being civil in a few posts towards Heat fans and you'll be amazed at the difference in responses you get. And i'm 36 years old and 22 years strong as a Heat fan. I deserve to be happy about my team as i've had very few winning seasons

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:17 PM
You are out of your mind bro. Wade reminds me of Tmac or Penny Hardaway, he is good but he will fall off at a younger age then Kobe or MJ or Reggie. Kobe is still the most lethal player in the game. Did you forget about all those buzzer beaters?

Wade reminds you of Tmac and Penny? SMDH.....hey I never said he would last as long as Kobe but we're judging on right now....I know most Laker fans/Nba fans judge long term except in case of Wade/anyone, right now Wade is a better and more efficient Basketball player than Kobe. Kobe is lethal after missing 8 shots, he surprises all of us...i get that. When you think he's cold, he will make an unbelievable shot and he's great at closing games......If Kobe has a subpar team, no one will know those characteristics about Kobe because there wont be a close game to begin with. The Heat, Bulls, and Knicks don't have too many games where it comes down to the last shot....Remember the Kobe/Smush Parker days, how many buzzer beaters did he have?

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Nobody respects Wade and everyone calls all the Heat fans band wagoners when most of us clearly joined this site a long time before July 8th. LA has the biggest bandwagon fan base in the entire NBA. I really like Durant, but his comment was a little unnecessary. The league has always been like this. The Heat aren't the first team to get big names in the offseason.

What do you want us to do? Not get big names because your team deserves Bosh and/or Lebron?

If an NFL expansion franchise opened up in LA you guys would call everyone at the game bandwagon. Everyone outside of LA just thinks we are all bandwagoners. Ever think about the fact that LA has more transplants than any city in the country? Maybe those people are bandwagoners...but thats because they were not born and raised in LA. People move to LA from Detroit, Boston, New York, decide to stay there and then become Angels and Lakers fans when they see them winning. Nothing I can do about that.. I was born and raised in LA and now I live in New York and rep my teams....

Carey
07-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Wade is the best blocking guard in NBA history.....he was trice as better as KObe defensively this past season....so to say he hasn't been 1st team defensive is a shame to the league.... he has more votes for defensive player of the year than kobe for 2yrs straight, yet somehow Kobe cracks 1st team. this a case of voters bias. Kobe is not even the best back court defender on his own team.

Stats are only part of the indications, you give guys credit for hustle plays and jumping in passing lanes but the #1 indication of great defense is can you stay in front of your man and contests shots, there is no stat for that.

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Stats are only part of the indications, you give guys credit for hustle plays and jumping in passing lanes but the #1 indication of great defense is can you stay in front of your man and contests shots, there is no stat for that.

In that case Ron Artest will be the defensive player of the year.......every year.

Cbast09
07-16-2010, 04:24 PM
If an NFL expansion franchise opened up in LA you guys would call everyone at the game bandwagon. Everyone outside of LA just thinks we are all bandwagoners. Ever think about the fact that LA has more transplants than any city in the country? Maybe those people are bandwagoners...but thats because they were not born and raised in LA. People move to LA from Detroit, Boston, New York, decide to stay there and then become Angels and Lakers fans when they see them winning. Nothing I can do about that.. I was born and raised in LA and now I live in New York and rep my teams....
And I was born and raised in South Florida. If I ever moved I will always be a Heat fan. I'm sick of people saying we have 10 fans. I hate ignorant people. I know a lot of Heat fans and we all waited for this season. We've gone through a lot in the last 4 years with the team. People are making it like the Heat are the Lakers getting a big 3. Miami isn't a big market city and many people did not really care for the Heat. ESPN didn't even know we existed.

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 04:25 PM

Best blocking guard in NBA history? Thats quite a statement, you should think about that one.

You just called all 30 NBA coaches a shame because they are the ones who pick the All NBA Defensive teams.

As for Kobe not being the best on his team...do you mean Artest is better than him? Okay then by your argument, that makes no difference because Artest finished higher than Wade in Defensive Player of the year standings.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Wade reminds you of Tmac and Penny? SMDH.....hey I never said he would last as long as Kobe but we're judging on right now....I know most Laker fans/Nba fans judge long term except in case of Wade/anyone, right now Wade is a better and more efficient Basketball player than Kobe. Kobe is lethal after missing 8 shots, he surprises all of us...i get that. When you think he's cold, he will make an unbelievable shot and he's great at closing games......If Kobe has a subpar team, no one will know those characteristics about Kobe because there wont be a close game to begin with. The Heat, Bulls, and Knicks don't have too many games where it comes down to the last shot....Remember the Kobe/Smush Parker days, how many buzzer beaters did he have?

Haha I am not even gonna keep on going with you man. Imma let the Lakers fans eat you up for saying Kobe wasn't top three. There is no point arguing with someone who would never admit he is wrong.

handbanana55
07-16-2010, 04:26 PM

got it right

KickPushCoast
07-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Everyday I love this guy more and more :clap:

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Haha I am not even gonna keep on going with you man. Imma let the Lakers fans eat you up for saying Kobe wasn't top three. There is no point arguing with someone who would never admit he is wrong.

I just ate you up mate, what makes you think there's something you left unsaid that other Lakers fans will have to say?

dtmagnet
07-16-2010, 04:28 PM
I love it KD.

Carey
07-16-2010, 04:29 PM
In that case Ron Artest will be the defensive player of the year.......every year.

He may very well deserve it, it was a joke he wasnt all-nba first team defense

tdunk21
07-16-2010, 04:31 PM
lmao.....now all the heat fans will hate KD forever...this **** gets funny day by day...

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Never heard me say the Bulls cant beat the Heat this upcoming year. The bulls actually have filled their team out nicely. Will they beat the Heat? not likely but they're certainly good enough to do so.

My post history is available for all to see as is yours. You say i'm rubbing it everyones faces when in fact i do nothing of the sort. You may find a post or two where someone like you brings the worst out in me but 99% of my posts contain no sort of gloating. You should take some of your own advice because your post history is classic HATE towards one fan base and im willing to guess thats exactly why you signed up for PSD. I am more than happy with my team but as of now im just that because we havent won anything yet. Try being civil in a few posts towards Heat fans and you'll be amazed at the difference in responses you get. And i'm 36 years old and 22 years strong as a Heat fan. I deserve to be happy about my team as i've had very few winning seasons

Look man, you jumped on me for calling somebody a bandwagon fan because he said Kobe wasn't top 3. Would you at least agree with me that Kobe is top 3? Because that is what the argument that you decided to join was about. I guess you don't know what gloating is because you sure as heck do it quite a bit. I'm only 24 but my family has been watching the Bulls since I was a baby, I was born a Bulls fan bro. I don't like seeing my team get bashed. I was pretty hostile towards Heat fans a few days ago but I got banned and now I am trying to be a nice guy. I will be civil with any fan that is not bragging and making outrageous claims. I have no problem with LeBron and Bosh not being on my team, the Heat got them and its fine. Good for you guys, it doesn't give you a free pass to crap on every other team and claim you are gonna win the next 7 championships. If you weren't a Miami fan I'm sure you could see that it is frustrating.

Cbast09
07-16-2010, 04:33 PM
I find it funny that every fan base likes KD even more because he's hating on the Heat. Typical classless people. Durant is a great player, but people need to keep their mouths shut. No need for comments. Words don't matter, only the scoreboard.

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 04:34 PM

this whole bandwagon thing is ********. fans are fans. Some just have more passion for their team then others. Some fans go to every game, some watch them all on TV. some watch them when they can and some dont watch at all but still root for the team come the playoffs. The funniest thing is when people start calling people bandwagon fans in forums like they actually know the people. It's truly hilarious. My friends here in Cali absolutely hate Dwyane Wade because of me. I'm non stop D wade even when we lose. I buy NBA league pass every year so i can watch heat games but i come on here and i've been called a BW fan at least 20 times since LBJ chose the Heat. so old, everyone just needs to stop judging other teams fans period

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:34 PM
I just ate you up mate, what makes you think there's something you left unsaid that other Lakers fans will have to say?

haha You are like troll of the year. Mate? What the heck is up with that kangaroo jack, shouldn't you be a fan of the Bucks? I think you are the only person on this forum that would not rate Kobe as the 1st or 2nd best player in the league. You are very foolish my friend. You need to stop being so biased and get your facts straight.

Avenged
07-16-2010, 04:35 PM
I think he said the Lakers as well because he didnt want to deal with the backlash of people saying he was taking a shot at the Heat. Kupchak did a great job putting that team together

Yeah probably.

Mitch did do a good job, the Lakers have had their mediocre team for a while a couple seasons ago and Mitch did a good job drafting Bynum, Farmar, and even Crittenton who was used for the trade for Gasol. When Fisher decided to come back, the Lakers held 1st place out West for a while until Bynum got hurt which led to the Lakers trading for Pau Gasol. So the Lakers have had pretty much the same team intact minus Gasol (trade) and Artest (sign) so if any player is going to be considered a bandwagoner on the Lakers, I could see why anyone would say Artest.

Avenged
07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Agreed that it would make things easier to have a legitimate all star at the 4 or 5, but turning 22 and going into his third season - Westbrook is a legitimate all star caliber player. There's no significant difference between him and D. Rose, and I don't think anyone would argue against a player of D. Roses talent at this point. The last 4 months of the season + the playoffs he torched the league pretty good. With another year under the belt of Green (who's basically an athletic Rashard 2.0 at this point) and Harden* + Ibaka (along with the addition of Aldrich down low to give them the length they lacked against Bynum/Gasol), I can't say that they need much more. If they continue to gel like they have been and improve at the rate that they're capable of this summer, there's no reason why they shouldn't be contenders.

I can definitely see them knocking off the Lakers this year.

OKC most definitely have the pieces to complete. I think they're a bit too inexperience yet though to take out the champs. One more shot at the postseason should do them good for the transitioning of what I believe the Thunder will be on top of the league next season, not this upcoming one. With that said though, when you have a player like Durant, anything is possible and if Westbrook develops as expected, they could give any team a run for their money.

Giaps
KD is a bigger competitor than Lebron James....

Master Mind
So the Bulls are dating the Lakers now? Boy those Bulls get around. First it was the Knicks, then the Cavs, now Lakers, wow they should be called the Chicago Kardashians...:eyebrow:

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
So the Bulls are dating the Lakers now? Boy those Bulls get around. First it was the Knicks, then the Cavs, now Lakers, wow they should be called the Chicago Kardashians...:eyebrow:

Yeah man we are like the Gloria James of NBA teams :D

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 04:42 PM
was lbj until the heat got him!

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:43 PM
haha You are like troll of the year. Mate? What the heck is up with that kangaroo jack, shouldn't you be a fan of the Bucks? I think you are the only person on this forum that would not rate Kobe as the 1st or 2nd best player in the league. You are very foolish my friend. You need to stop being so biased and get your facts straight.

I always said Kobe is wisest of them all, he's the best closer in league....Phil Jackson knows how to manage a game (he made Kobe a wise-guy) and Kobe benefits from that.

Avenged
07-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Hell, the Thunder may not even have to sign anyone to be a legit championship team, or to have a Big 3 on their own. They are developing talent like crazy. I mean they already have a Big 3 in store in KD, Westbrook, and Jeff Green. And with James Harden and Cole Aldrich in the wings, let alone having one of the best, if not the best perimeter defender in the game in Thabo; they will have a scary team in the up and coming years.

Probably not, but when you have star players getting together, I think at some point the Thunder may have to go that route unless one of their talents other than Westbrook develops into a star. There's the Lakers with Kobe/Gasol and the 3rd option could be Bynum/Artest/Odom, either one. Then there's the Celtics with their big 3 and the emergence of Rondo whom I believe has taken over that team. We all know the Heat's big 3, Wade/Lebron/Bosh, and now there's rumors about Amare/Melo/Chris Paul for next year.

Teams/players may not like it but it looks like the NBA is headed into having multiple stars on 1 team and in order to compete, Durant and Co. will have to do the same at some point (unless one of their players develops into a star, which is possible).

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:45 PM

You didn't have to go there :(

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:45 PM
I always said Kobe is wisest of them all, he's the best closer in league....Phil Jackson knows how to manage a game (he made Kobe a wise-guy) and Kobe benefits from that.

Well Kobe did save Team USA from getting beat by Spain unlike the 3 butt buddies in your sig. I don't think Phil was there to help him that time.

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Look man, you jumped on me for calling somebody a bandwagon fan because he said Kobe wasn't top 3. Would you at least agree with me that Kobe is top 3? Because that is what the argument that you decided to join was about. I guess you don't know what gloating is because you sure as heck do it quite a bit. I'm only 24 but my family has been watching the Bulls since I was a baby, I was born a Bulls fan bro. I don't like seeing my team get bashed. I was pretty hostile towards Heat fans a few days ago but I got banned and now I am trying to be a nice guy. I will be civil with any fan that is not bragging and making outrageous claims. I have no problem with LeBron and Bosh not being on my team, the Heat got them and its fine. Good for you guys, it doesn't give you a free pass to crap on every other team and claim you are gonna win the next 7 championships. If you weren't a Miami fan I'm sure you could see that it is frustrating.

Easily!

Kobe is the best player in the NBA. He may not be the most talented player in the league anymore but he is as clutch as they come which makes him the best. Lebron cant claim the best because he still lacks what Kobe has. Lebron will take that crown over in the coming years but until he shows he can close out games like Kobe he will always be looking up at him. Kobe closed out game 7 with clutch free throws after struggling most of the game.

Trust me, i see the ridiculous posts from some of my fellow heat fans even ones that have been fans for years. That doesnt mean we're all bandwagon fans though. I would just do what i started doing and put them on the ignore list.

It's all good man, i just never seen the word bandwagon thrown around so much.

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Well Kobe did save Team USA from getting beat by Spain unlike the 3 butt buddies in your sig. I don't think Phil was there to help him that time.

You mean the game where Wade made that clutch 3?

Cbast09
07-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Easily!

Kobe is the best player in the NBA. He may not be the most talented player in the league anymore but he is as clutch as they come which makes him the best. Lebron cant claim the best because he still lacks what Kobe has. Lebron will take that crown over in the coming years but until he shows he can close out games like Kobe he will always be looking up at him. Kobe closed out game 7 with clutch free throws after struggling most of the game.

Trust me, i see the ridiculous posts from some of my fellow heat fans even ones that have been fans for years. That doesnt mean we're all bandwagon fans though. I would just do what i started doing and put them on the ignore list.

This.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Easily!

Ok man, we cool. I kind of lump all the Heat fans into one pile but most of you are alright. I get a little carried away on here and try to say whatever I can to make the other dude mad. I will try not to do that from now on.

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Easily!

ha, another one trows us under the bus.....ain't it funny that its only Heat fans that try to crap on other Heat fans just to appear as above the fray? you don't have to trow us under the bus to give your argument any credibility.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:51 PM
You mean the game where Wade made that clutch 3?

I dunno bro, I recall Kobe taking over when it looked like the tide was turning in favor of Spain. Wade was good in that game too but Kobe saved the day.

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Ok man, we cool. I kind of lump all the Heat fans into one pile but most of you are alright. I get a little carried away on here and try to say whatever I can to make the other dude mad. I will try not to do that from now on.

Lol @ Lakers fans.....You bow before Kobe, they say you're ok...you set the record straight and you get called names....lol.

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I dunno bro, I recall Kobe taking over when it looked like the tide was turning in favor of Spain. Wade was good in that game too but Kobe saved the day.

You don't know what happened but you recalled Kobe taking over the game.....lol

D-Block21-Chito
07-16-2010, 04:55 PM

lol Priceless!

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 04:59 PM
He mentioned the Lakers, too, but I notice the OP didn't catch that.

Anyways, haters goin' hate.

and bandwagon players...that meant both heat and lakers.

No hating, just stating the facts. I am happy for y'all, but you havent won anything yet. Goodluck.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Lol @ Lakers fans.....You bow before Kobe, they say you're ok...you set the record straight and you get called names....lol.

haha I'm not a Lakers fan at all, I wanted the Celts to beat them in the finals. I just know that Kobe is better than Wade and that certain heat fans (You) are talking crap just to talk it. Kobe is in my opinion the best in the game, get over it. I don't have a problem with you saying he isn't the best but to say he is not top 3 is completely ridiculous. You should be banned from here for just saying that. I'm done with you, you are a troll man. You are even trying to call out other Heat fans. I'm assuming you don't have any friends in real life and even your own family hates you. Get a clue. Stop trying to continue this back and forth bull****. I am not gonna get upset because of what some baiter says to me. You've proved you don't know what you are talking about, that is very clear.

magichatnumber9
07-16-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm a Kevin Durant fan. You can't beat em Join em has been around forever, no ****. doesn't mean it the right thing to do.

DWills
07-16-2010, 05:20 PM
and bandwagon players...that meant both heat and lakers.

No hating, just stating the facts. I am happy for y'all, but you havent won anything yet. Goodluck.

lmao

u wouldnt know the facts if it walked up and bit u on the ***

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 05:33 PM
lmao

u wouldnt know the facts if it walked up and bit u on the ***

You're a cute little troll ;)

DWills
07-16-2010, 05:35 PM
You're a cute little troll ;)

yea.....cause its me who spends 24 hours a day postin complete trash on the internet.....12 year olds postin threads and 12 year olds policing the trash

20GoodTimes20
07-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Gtfo

DWills
07-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Gtfo

nice ninja edit

Rivera
07-16-2010, 05:50 PM
You don't know what happened but you recalled Kobe taking over the game.....lol

OWNED hahahahaaha

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 05:55 PM
OWNED hahahahaaha

Wow. So there is two of you that don't understand the english language. I said I dunno as in I don't agree with you, not as "I don't remember what happened. I remember perfectly what happened, I thought d-bag's response was dumb enough to not even warrant a reply. I guess you have the same IQ as him. Why are you even jumping in on something that you aren't involved in?

mr hardney
07-16-2010, 06:00 PM

well if the kid want's a trade after year's of not winning a championship at least he want have to join a dream team to win..that;s what he's talking about..

D Roses Bulls
07-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes sir. I'm a Heat fan to the core

I didn't know the heat had any hardcore fans. I thought they were all fair weathered :p

CowboysKB24
07-16-2010, 06:08 PM

Same here. The Lakers didn't become a great team over night. They were on the rise before Gasol got there because Bynum was developing, but then Bynum got injured. Gasol flourished.

How the Lakers became great is not similar at all to how the Heat was formed. Kobe didn't call the best player in the league and the best PF in the league and say "please play with me, I can't win alone, I can't take it everyone puts all this pressure on me. Please Wade, can I come to South Beach?"

Rivera
07-16-2010, 06:28 PM

Wow. So there is two of you that don't understand the english language. I said I dunno as in I don't agree with you, not as "I don't remember what happened. I remember perfectly what happened, I thought d-bag's response was dumb enough to not even warrant a reply. I guess you have the same IQ as him. Why are you even jumping in on something that you aren't involved in?

who cares what u say or think and ima jump in cause he owned u

hahahaha

jrodmesche
07-16-2010, 06:41 PM
he better learn to shut his mouth b4 Lebron shuts it for him:)

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 06:45 PM
ha, another one trows us under the bus.....ain't it funny that its only Heat fans that try to crap on other Heat fans just to appear as above the fray? you don't have to trow us under the bus to give your argument any credibility.

Did you not read the freaking post? my point was we're not bandwagons fans simply beacuse some Heat fans make stupid posts. Dont tell me you havent seen the posts that get others riled up. My suggestion was simply put them on the ignore list rather than call all of us bandwagon fans. calm down buddy. we're on the same side here.

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 06:48 PM

we all get carried away from time to time. All this back and forth will make for a good season on these forums though. Cant wait for this season to start.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 06:53 PM
who cares what u say or think and ima jump in cause he owned u

hahahaha

Wow I would like to say numerous things about you but I don't want to get banned. You need to learn to speak English, usually questions end with question marks. What you said would also require two sentences, not one. Nobody cares what you think dude. I don't even know what you are doing in the NBA forum. He didn't own me at all. If anything I owned that troll and I will own you too. i don't know what your problem is, either you are 8 years old or just some plain dumb. You should give your computer to someone else, you are not smart enough to even be posting online.

Chief Smoke
07-16-2010, 06:54 PM
LOL...KD Is a cool guy,but he'll be singing a diffrent tune in couple years..This sounds like everybody else who wants publicity off miami.

kambion
07-16-2010, 07:01 PM

Love this kid.

now if Lebron James had that fing attitude, he might have won one by himself...without ultra megastar, call every damn thing a foul, and send his traveling *** to the free-throw line every damn time!(... aka Dwayne Wade)

KD is my new favorite player, hows that for bandwagon jumping, *****

Master Mind
07-16-2010, 07:30 PM
now if lebron james had that fing attitude, he might have won one by himself...without ultra megastar, call every damn thing a foul, and send his traveling *** to the free-throw line every damn time!(... Aka dwayne wade)

kd is my new favorite player, hows that for bandwagon jumping, *****

o........k........

Mc Lovin
07-16-2010, 07:48 PM

Look what Kevin Durant did to Oklahoma City. He turned the worst team in basketball into a playoff team that almost knocked the champion Lakers out in the 1st round of the playoffs. He did it the right way. Lebron knows he can't win a title on his own so he had to pair up with three superstars. What's gonna happen when there isn't enough basketballs to go around and the Heat aren't winning? That's what I wanna know.

LA_Raiders
07-16-2010, 08:01 PM
now if Lebron James had that fing attitude, he might have won one by himself...without ultra megastar, call every damn thing a foul, and send his traveling *** to the free-throw line every damn time!(... aka Dwayne Wade)

KD is my new favorite player, hows that for bandwagon jumping, *****

TheGsw
07-16-2010, 08:59 PM

Jenceman
07-16-2010, 09:07 PM

What do you call his first couple years in the league. One year the Thunder started out like 3-30. Way worse than anything Lebron or Bosh played with.

Denver-boy
07-16-2010, 09:19 PM
wow, even though i agree, listening to these comments on how KD is MVP, Best player... THE MAN!!! its kinda annoying... still alot fans bitter about LeBrons Choice... like STFU and YOU become a man and just Get over it u little gurls

Master Mind
07-16-2010, 09:30 PM
wow, even though i agree, listening to these comments on how KD is MVP, Best player... THE MAN!!! its kinda annoying... still alot fans bitter about LeBrons Choice... like STFU and YOU become a man and just Get over it u little gurls

Whoa. Nice bro!

ldawg
07-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Kd was MVP last year *** well as MIP. Lebron Was a close second, so its not bad they gave it to him his team had the most wins.

Jenceman
07-16-2010, 09:32 PM

2 years ago? You mean when Kobe won MVP? Or the year when he won Finals MVP? Or were you talking about 2007? When he was scoring champion and scored 50+ points in four straight games, something nobody has done besides Kobe and Wilt Chamberlain, and something that Wade certainly cannot do. Or 2006, when Kobe averaged 35 points and scored 81 points and 63 points in 2 games?

You lose.

Kyben36
07-16-2010, 09:34 PM
KEvin durrant is now known as the best SF in the league, with James cutdown on balltime now, he wont be that player anymore. melo is also in the talk.

Lakersho
07-16-2010, 09:38 PM

...kinda like you. you said all this in your last post. what , you lonely ?

ldawg
07-16-2010, 09:48 PM
KEvin durrant is now known as the best SF in the league, with James cutdown on balltime now, he wont be that player anymore. melo is also in the talk.

Not sure about that, Lebron is till a beast but he has no will power and determination. His Legacy is tarnish not his talent. Durant has close the gap though. Lebron has great talent but don't know how to use it. Lebron tries to hard not to be Like Kobe and Jordan and Hog the ball, sometimes when his team needs it. He gets passive in clutch moments. Jordan and Kobe don't give a --- what you call them. When they loose they are ball hogs when they win they are heros. Thing is they are Heros more than thay are ball hogs. Lebron did quit on Cavs once he joined Miami he admit defeat and now trying to blame teammates, thats a low blow. Can't blame others for your failures. If they were not the best two seasons in a row ok but they were. He was just not able to close the deal. no need throwing people under the bus. Wade need to keep his mouth shut of what happened in Cleveland he was in Miami.

Lakersho
07-16-2010, 10:00 PM
I find it funny that every fan base likes KD even more because he's hating on the Heat. Typical classless people. Durant is a great player, but people need to keep their mouths shut. No need for comments. Words don't matter, only the scoreboard.

...:horse::horse: damb let it go dude you and this dnewguy keep posting the same thing trying to bait a fight. we get it !!!you been a fan 3 days before you were born , all other fans except heat are bandwagon fans . really its just guys like you and dnewguy who piss everyone off and make other posters sick of hearing any heat fans shite. there is alot of good heat fans ,its just until guys like the ones just mentioned get a grip, people on here will put the dreaded bandwagon fan on most of "your post. "just relax...

ifhmondays
07-16-2010, 10:05 PM

you can only blame the coach for so long sometimes it is the players or player in this case.

ldawg
07-16-2010, 10:15 PM
you can only blame the coach for so long sometimes it is the players or player in this case.

amen He just could not seal the deal. I wonder if he has any nail left on his fingers? Boy do he be chowing on those things when he is not dancing. So much they put it in the video game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsMw4XEAbE

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I love KD and his team. They are my second favorite behind my Heat and i cant wait to see how they do these upcoming years. They are definitely gonna give the Lakers some trouble in the west.

topdog
07-16-2010, 10:27 PM
I think this raises an important question: does LBJ's boo-boo suddenly raise the stock of up-and-coming superstar KD? Americans don't like kings anyway :D

zambo4president
07-16-2010, 10:28 PM
KD's sick. Always been a KD supporter, I remember I bought his shoes when they first dropped his rookie season.

koreancabbage
07-16-2010, 10:39 PM
well, we'll see what KD does when he has no ring in the next 5-6 years. Those 5- 6 years belong to the Lakers and Heats no doubt about it.

He should be the most recognizable face in North America, but he's nowhere near the popularity of Lebron or Kobe, or even MJ, who still very much is the most recognizable face and brand around the world. MJ, Kobe and Lebron rule overseas in terms of recognition.

Thunder- you're lucky if you could get pass the the 2nd round...

sasuke_20
07-16-2010, 10:50 PM

u mad?..kobe is better than wade,,i love wade,,but kobe>wade..it not just about the STAT.,kobe is 28/5/5 guy..wade has a better stat but it doenst mean wade>kobe..stat is for individual player,being the BEST talks about, passion of the game, presence of a player in/off the court, being a leader by calming ur teamates, being able to build confidence to your team that u will no matter what doing intangibles, kobe knows how to do that that makes him a best player..most of all, kobe knows how to handle pressure and able to win, he has a HEART OF A CHAMPION that MAKES HIM BEST...

ur hate on kobe makes you blind to the truth..

northsider
07-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Liking this kid more and more moving his way right into my favorite non bull player.

sasuke_20
07-16-2010, 11:02 PM
2 years ago? You mean when Kobe won MVP? Or the year when he won Finals MVP? Or were you talking about 2007? When he was scoring champion and scored 50+ points in four straight games, something nobody has done besides Kobe and Wilt Chamberlain, and something that Wade certainly cannot do. Or 2006, when Kobe averaged 35 points and scored 81 points and 63 points in 2 games?

You lose.

:clap: he just blinded by his hate bro!!!!

rick66ankiel24
07-16-2010, 11:04 PM

the heat dont have a big market.. theyre smaller than boston, la, chicago, new york, new jersey, dallas...

Team*Chicago
07-16-2010, 11:04 PM
I like Kevin Durant's aggressive comments and I agree with them, I hope it pumps him up to beat the Heat aswell.

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 11:07 PM
I like Kevin Durant's aggressive comments and I agree with them, I hope it pumps him up to beat the Heat aswell.

lol wont happen

soonabooma
07-16-2010, 11:40 PM

What a tool! :rolleyes:

soonabooma
07-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Durant wasn't really directing his comments towards those teams. It's directed more at all these players that are all of a sudden throwing themselves at them becuz they're so desperate to try to win a ring, that they're just willing to go tag along. He probably just thinks it's getting a little ridiculous that every ding dong and his mom are now trying to weasel their way in, and he's definitely got a point.

But make no mistakes, he's on a mission to help make OKC the most dangerous team in the league, even if we don't have quite as many All-Stars as some other teams. He's gonna be the face of this franchise much like the way Tim Duncan became the face of San Antonio during his era and helped make them a model organization. KD is a winner, and his attitude/mentality have become very contagious in our organization. So just watch out for the Thunder, becuz we're gonna handle some major business.

soonabooma
07-16-2010, 11:57 PM
well, we'll see what KD does when he has no ring in the next 5-6 years. Those 5- 6 years belong to the Lakers and Heats no doubt about it.

He should be the most recognizable face in North America, but he's nowhere near the popularity of Lebron or Kobe, or even MJ, who still very much is the most recognizable face and brand around the world. MJ, Kobe and Lebron rule overseas in terms of recognition.

Thunder- you're lucky if you could get pass the the 2nd round...

The Heat haven't done ANYTHING yet son, so just give it a rest. Let's let em play a game first shall we? Durant will be THE face of the league when Kobes time has passed. You can mark it down. And by the way, he's gonna be a better player than Lebron soon enough, not a more physically gifted athlete.....but a better player, no doubt about it. And KD will be a winner, something that Lebron will never be. He's gonna go down as the biggest coward in the history of the league. ;)

Aussy4GM
07-17-2010, 12:11 AM
This Is Why Even As a Die-Hard Bulls Fan. Im Never Afraid To Rock a KD Thunder Jersey. Love The Way He Handles Himself. & People will say **** like "give him some time and he will want out of OKC Too." FALSE. This Guy Couldve Let His Rookie Contract Run-Out and "Keep His Options Open" Nah. He Kept It Real & Did What Was Right. Loyalty Gets You Far In This Country.

soonabooma
07-17-2010, 12:15 AM
This Is Why Even As a Die-Hard Bulls Fan. Im Never Afraid To Rock a KD Thunder Jersey. Love The Way He Handles Himself. & People will say **** like "give him some time and he will want out of OKC Too." FALSE. This Guy Couldve Let His Rookie Contract Run-Out and "Keep His Options Open" Nah. He Kept It Real & Did What Was Right. Loyalty Gets You Far In This Country.

Word

:cool:

LakersIn5
07-17-2010, 12:17 AM

so? KD can demand for a trade while still having a contract

BronBron06
07-17-2010, 12:19 AM
so? KD can demand for a trade while still having a contract

Like Kobe lol after being pathetically destroyed by Phoenix Suns...
I remember he's crying he wanted to leave and be with Bulls

and talking Crap about Andrew Bynum

King Koopa
07-17-2010, 12:21 AM

Only gets you so far in all aspects of life which is why you gotta put your self in front of everyone else. :rolleyes:

downsos
07-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Good for Durant.

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2010, 12:54 AM
First of all let me start by saying, Yes KD is great. But for OKC fans to assume that just because they took an injured Lakers team to 6 last year and should now be considered among the elite is redicilous. If anyone can remember two seasons ago the Rockets took the Lakers to seven games without Yao being down 3-1 in the series. Im not saying that the Thunder dont have a nice young nucleus, but to assume that they are ready to challenge for a ring is being a little too delusional

BobSagetSucks
07-17-2010, 01:36 AM
First of all let me start by saying, Yes KD is great. But for OKC fans to assume that just because they took an injured Lakers team to 6 last year and should now be considered among the elite is redicilous. If anyone can remember two seasons ago the Rockets took the Lakers to seven games without Yao being down 3-1 in the series. Im not saying that the Thunder dont have a nice young nucleus, but to assume that they are ready to challenge for a ring is being a little too delusional

i agree, denver is a bigger threat than OKC to the lakers in the west

Rosh
07-17-2010, 02:23 AM
And this is why KD is one of my favorite players in the NBA. He's a decent ballplayer too.

SouthEast DC
07-17-2010, 05:08 AM

LMFAO
When a team moves there team and chagnes the name because of you. Thats When you become the ****!!!
When KD came in the league he didnt have a team. He was the team. They just build that team around him just like the NBA..i repeat..JUST LIKE THE NBA DID FOR LBJ. The Thunder is KD team just like the Heat is Wade Team and the Cavs was LBJ team. So LBJ leaves to play with Wade and Bosh (cool, i can care less. i ****s with Wade any way) KD signs a longer deal cause its his team. I know KD from playing AAU with him and he played with Beasly, Ty Lawson(Nuggets), Nolen Smith(Duke) and a lot more NCAA players back in High School but he also played against them. He always made his team better. So he aint worryed about who on his team. Just ask Texas Long Horns.

SouthEast DC
07-17-2010, 05:13 AM
&& For the people who think Denver goota better chance then OKC. Your Crazy, They Both got knocked out the 1st round. Denver was supost to be the team to do it but what happen??? C'mon, are yall for real??? SMDH Wait until the season starts. Or better yet wait til the season ENDS! You gotta know the game of basketball if you going talk about it.
Kobe can tell you Thunder is there biggest worryed if he has one and not Denver. Phil can too. Kill Your Self ASAP.

YourTeamSucks
07-17-2010, 05:54 AM
thats right KD! KD is a better competitor than both Kobe and LeBron!

JayW_1023
07-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Kevin Durant is slowly becoming my favorite young star along with Rajon Rondo. Having a 6'10 (and still growing) guy have a Ray Allen like shot release is pretty amazing.

mikealike305
07-17-2010, 11:07 AM
thats right KD! KD is a better competitor than both Kobe and LeBron!

idk about that

SouthEast DC
07-17-2010, 11:57 AM
idk about that

He Got LeBron but Kobe??? Thats Going Over Board With It.I gotta iam with you on this one.

TheCooLKid2020
07-17-2010, 12:27 PM
All that mean is Im gonna have to put my teflon on and go to war. BULLY SEASON "2010-11" coming soon. - Carmelo Anthony in reply to Kevin Durants Tweet

CowboysKB24
07-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Like Kobe lol after being pathetically destroyed by Phoenix Suns...
I remember he's crying he wanted to leave and be with Bulls

and talking Crap about Andrew Bynum

Kobe didn't want to leave LA. It was four years and they were still the same team with no improvements. The FO didn't do the job, and then what happened? Back to back championships, so you have no argument. Kobe is the man and going down as the second greatest basketball player ever and best Laker of all time. Please dude... Kobe has proven himself, just stop. Just stop. No one in the NBA right now is nearly, anywhere even close, to Kobe's level.

Jahari Kavi
07-17-2010, 01:44 PM
i respect KD for making the comment, but as a team you get better any way you can....

Jahari Kavi
07-17-2010, 01:48 PM

the rockets were not the same team last year......different pieces......OKC will be tough this year

Bucsfan
07-17-2010, 01:51 PM
ii agree with kd...he is a class act..i wish more players had his heart and loyaltly...i hate when the jazz face but the rest of the time he is a class act

enserio
07-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm not swayed either way by KD's comment. If the Heat win the championship this year or any other, we will look ten years from then and not be validated when saying their accomplishment was somehow "tarnished". Top players getting pulled into one team is not new in sports (see Yankees), and doesn't guarantee a championship. You still have to go out there and win as a team.

I also think Durant is calling out players that are running to join the Heat and the Lakers (although, I am not sure who has been beating down the Lakers' door this offseason), but still - it's not that big of a deal anymore, and I have never looked forward to an upcoming season as much as this one - in 25+ years of watching basketball.

and I wanna thank a special little guy out there for making this thread extremely entertaining. This year, I will donate to your special cause.

What?
07-17-2010, 02:16 PM

None of those teams had a legitimate superstar or even a perennial all-star and every championship team needs atleast 1

awmathewsjr
07-19-2010, 11:32 AM

I wasn't arguing about OKC's or any other city's geographic value, my argument was that no city (with the exception of LA and NY) are considered big market cities unless that city has been successful in one of the 3 major sports and if KD made them a championship franchise the "small market" label would dissapear. If it was all about size Jacksonville, FL(13th largest) wouldn't be considered a small market.
Boston, Massachusetts (pop 596,638)
Denver, Colorado (pop 566,359)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (pop 532,861)
Atlanta, Georgia (pop 483,108)
Miami, Florida (pop 383,048)
All of these cities above(except OKC) are considered to have good marketability, it's not because of their size. I challenge you to name one big market city that hasn't had a successful sportsfranchise(big3-NFL,NBA,MLB)

midwestmadman
07-19-2010, 11:49 AM

what if he gets crabs?

thedon01
07-19-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm a lakers fan but Kevin Durant is one of the most professional old school players playing today. The kid is so mature and very humble. from a competitive standpoint i can't cheer for him, but from a personal standpoint i can. He's a great athlete and his character will propel him into the hearts of many fans