PDA

View Full Version : Since when did picking winning become a bad thing?

h2r09
07-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Why is it such a bad decsion for Lebron to pick winning over personal fame? All we ever want from our superstar athletes is to pick winning over personal fame, stats, and money. But when this actually happens and 3 guys do it together, it is a bad thing? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Lebron is being talked about as a ring chaser and this and that, but since when is this a bad thing to take winning over all else?

Every free agency period in almost every sport we see guys ridiculously overpaid and taking the big contract rather than going to the place where they can win the most and we all chastise them for doing so, but when these guys do it it is now stupid to put winning over all else and personal fame is what they should all be going for?

So why all the backlash for Lebron, Bosh, and Wade all putting their ego's behind them and taking less money and knowingly going to a place where they will not be the sole leader all for the sake of winning?

We all know "The Decision" wasnt a good idea, but besides that, LEbron is still being categorized as a ring chaser. Since when is it not good to go to a place for less money and less personal fame all in the name of a common goal: winning?

All this Lebron hate is ridiculous.

Put aside your teams bias and hate for them not picking you, these guys actually did a real standup thing.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:47 AM
When everyone found out that this team is really, really, really good. You know that those haters make better business decisions than LeBron James on a daily basis. Duh!!! :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face.

Swashcuff
07-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Look at this a Heat fan who logically said 100% the TRUTH!!!! LeBron made the best decision. LIVE with it.

Gators123
07-16-2010, 10:48 AM
He wants to win, good for him.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Winning over personal fame? stats? money?

You're kidding right.

Winning championships is what matters most to gain prestige and fame internationally.
Fame and Money will come faster to LeBron with the Heat that being stuck with the Cavs. Some people in my country is all about Kobe this Kobe That rings rings, most people dont even know Cavaliers existed.

Stats? LeBron going for triple double avg probably?

ShakeN'Bake
07-16-2010, 10:52 AM
ok

ManRam
07-16-2010, 10:52 AM
That other thread made me LOL. "When will he admit that he screwed up and picked the wrong team?"

WHAT?

He made the best basketball decision. This is the NBA. He's not in the business of making Cleveland happy. He's in the business of winning...and he made the RIGHT basketball decision.

Anyone who said he screwed up or picked the wrong team etc. is just in denial and simply don't want to see LeBron ever succeed or admit that he made the right move.

Melo15
07-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Can we please stop making threads about this, it's over people its time to move on and focus on you're own team.

S-Dot
07-16-2010, 10:55 AM
I think we're just re-wording thread titles and saying the same thing. He wants to win...great.

People around the world really grew attached to him playing in Cleveland, and would have rather seen him win one there, as the clear greatest player in their franchise history. But we shall move on.

NeutralFan
07-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Why is it such a bad decsion for Lebron to pick winning over personal fame? All we ever want from our superstar athletes is to pick winning over personal fame, stats, and money. But when this actually happens and 3 guys do it together, it is a bad thing? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Lebron is being talked about as a ring chaser and this and that, but since when is this a bad thing to take winning over all else?

Every free agency period in almost every sport we see guys ridiculously overpaid and taking the big contract rather than going to the place where they can win the most and we all chastise them for doing so, but when these guys do it it is now stupid to put winning over all else and personal fame is what they should all be going for?

So why all the backlash for Lebron, Bosh, and Wade all putting their ego's behind them and taking less money and knowingly going to a place where they will not be the sole leader all for the sake of winning?

We all know "The Decision" wasnt a good idea, but besides that, LEbron is still being categorized as a ring chaser. Since when is it not good to go to a place for less money and less personal fame all in the name of a common goal: winning?

All this Lebron hate is ridiculous.

Put aside your teams bias and hate for them not picking you, these guys actually did a real standup thing.

It's not a bad thing at all. I think every one of us respects DWade as he has always been a true class act, I also think none of us really have an issue with Bosh. The issue is Lebron. He has contradicted himself so many times its ridiculous. Before free agency he said he wants to become a billionaire and then turns down leading his own team in NY or Chicago to be a sidekick. His ESPN special was a joke and just simple things like not having the decency to call the Cavs personally and tell them the news and instead having one of his entourage do it. It's the overblown ego of a guy who in reality has never proven a thing other than regular season stats. He has shown very little leadership ability yet somehow he is considered one of the greats. He is the product of the media hype machine and because of his immaturity he has bought into it. Physically he has all the talent in the world but its his ego and childish ways that will always limit him as a player and the reason he is hated.

tdunk21
07-16-2010, 10:59 AM
dude u r boring the **** of everyone.....

h2r09
07-16-2010, 11:02 AM
It's not a bad thing at all. I think every one of us respects DWade as he has always been a true class act, I also think none of us really have an issue with Bosh. The issue is Lebron. He has contradicted himself so many times its ridiculous. Before free agency he said he wants to become a billionaire and then turns down leading his own team in NY or Chicago to be a sidekick. His ESPN special was a joke and just simple things like not having the decency to call the Cavs personally and tell them the news and instead having one of his entourage do it. It's the overblown ego of a guy who in reality has never proven a thing other than regular season stats. He has shown very little leadership ability yet somehow he is considered one of the greats. He is the product of the media hype machine and because of his immaturity he has bought into it. Physically he has all the talent in the world but its his ego and childish ways that will always limit him as a player and the reason he is hated.

If the cavs are going to have the reaction they did just because he left, why should he have the decency to call them if they dont have the decency to appreciate what he has done for them?

The overblown ego thing is ridiculous. how has he shown that at all. if anything he has shown the opposite. the guy never said a thing during his free agency process. blame espn if you want to blame someone, they hyped himup way to much.

NeutralFan
07-16-2010, 11:10 AM
If the cavs are going to have the reaction they did just because he left, why should he have the decency to call them if they dont have the decency to appreciate what he has done for them?

The overblown ego thing is ridiculous. how has he shown that at all. if anything he has shown the opposite. the guy never said a thing during his free agency process. blame espn if you want to blame someone, they hyped himup way to much.

The Cavs reacted to it after Lebron failed to treat free agency like a man. He could have told them early so they could be a player in free agency. He could have been honest and told teams that his main goal was a title so teams like the Nets and Knicks could have tried to sign a superstar to play with him but instead he focused on being a brand and becoming the 1st billionaire so the Knicks and Nets focused on his brand and then he does a 180 and wants to be a sidekick. It's him having an entourage of morons making his decisions for him... Wade doesn't have an entourage, Kobe doesn't have one and I know for sure a humble guy like Durant will never have one. Like I said earlier I don't hate the Heat. I'm a lifetime Laker fan who is also a Dolphin fan so I have some loyalty to S. Fla and I obviously respect the hell out of Pat Riley and Dwade but until Lebron stops acting like a 12 year old I will always cheer for whoever is playing against him.

king4day
07-16-2010, 11:15 AM
It's how he did it. No one cares he went to Miami. They care that he made a public "I'm better than everyone else that I need my own show.....o and goodbye cleveland" spectacle of it.

NeutralFan
07-16-2010, 11:16 AM
It's how he did it. No one cares he went to Miami. They care that he made a public "I'm better than everyone else that I need my own show.....o and goodbye cleveland" spectacle of it.

exactly

Gators123
07-16-2010, 11:19 AM

IMO, If LeBron had the hour long show and said he was going to NY, there would be a lot less hate against him.

Ray_R
07-16-2010, 11:20 AM

This.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Delonte Issue + New York Leaking = Fail

spreadeagle
07-16-2010, 11:28 AM
im already SO SICK of all the "why is lebron bad for just wanting to got to the best city on earth and just win" threads.We get it you guys love him

spreadeagle
07-16-2010, 11:30 AM
"Did a real standup thing" lmao if teaming up with the best payers in the NBA because you cant beat them is a standup thing then yes you are right

Avenged
07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Like King mentioned, it's the way he left Cleveland, not the fact that he left. At least that's how it is for me, even though I could care less which team he chose. I was just glad he left Cleveland mainly because of their fans, but now I feel bad for them for the way he went out.

cg836
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
It's contradictory that his ego required all the secrecy, rumors, and an entire hour long tv show devoted to him, so if he thinks so highly of himself then why did he sign up to be D-wade's boy???

Also, there's a huge list of players that won titles off the coattails of someone else, but you know who ain't on that list? Guys like Jordan and Kobe who wanted to be leaders instead of followers.....

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
To save Kobe's career, Laker Legend Jerry West saved the day.

Or even McHale and Ainge former teammates, KG DEAL

All this happened after the poor RATINGS of CAVS VS SPURS

DID SEVERAL PEOPLE HATE ON THAT? NO SINCE IT'S the LAKERS AND CELTICS RIVALRY.

defender4m
07-16-2010, 11:36 AM
like he said he wants to WIN. so he went to the place where he believes he has the best chance to WIN. He stuck to what he said the whole time which was WIN. I dont see why people are really angry other than the cavs fans and they had 7 years but failed to WIN.

king4day
07-16-2010, 11:41 AM
IMO, If LeBron had the hour long show and said he was going to NY, there would be a lot less hate against him.

That we'll never know. But it was known for a couple of days he was going to Miami.
How insulting is it for everyone to know the plan, even if it's unofficial, and then him go on TV, act like he really felt it was a hard decision to leave Cleveland and that he "just made his decision this morning". Then to go on TV in an hour special, get asked the lamest questions by Jim Gray, and then insult our intelligence that he just made that call.

I just pray this man never tries a career in acting because he'll end up worse than Shaq.

I give him credit for taking less to help build the team. That's something I never thought he'd do.

DITKA IS DRIVIN
07-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Winning over personal fame? stats? money?

You're kidding right.

Winning championships is what matters most to gain prestige and fame internationally.
Fame and Money will come faster to LeBron with the Heat that being stuck with the Cavs. Some people in my country is all about Kobe this Kobe That rings rings, most people dont even know Cavaliers existed.

Stats? LeBron going for triple double avg probably?

and what country are you from...?

xabial
07-16-2010, 01:22 PM
No matter what you say, in this day and age when the best basketball player in the world leaves your team theres going to be some anger. Im not a Clevelandier, but you have to understand how the people are feeling. Yes, Miami is a better team then Cleveland, but the truth is no one cares. All people care about is LBJ deserting his home-state.

Ezekial
07-16-2010, 01:43 PM
No matter what you say, in this day and age when the best basketball player in the world leaves your team theres going to be some anger. Im not a Clevelandier, but you have to understand how the people are feeling. Yes, Miami is a better team then Cleveland, but the truth is no one cares. All people care about is LBJ deserting his home-state.

I still got Kobe over Lebron.

And the reasoning has been said, the decision to make "The Decision" was a terrible decision.

bolts4ever
07-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Its not about winning in this situation. Never seen the supposed best players in the league leaving their team to play on another superstars team to try and win a ring???

Matter fact Name me a superstar who left the same year their team lead the league in WINS (Cavs 67. Wins) Dirk- no Steve Nash-no Tim Duncan-no Kobe- no Shaq- no. But its about winning!!! Please

Lebron has held HCA in the playoffs the last 2 yrs and couldnt win the Ring but don't act like he's coming from a 20 win team.

NYtilIdie
07-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Honestly....who the ***k cares anymore!

FakeBlackMamba
07-16-2010, 01:54 PM
let him win all he wants. he has no idea what he has gotten himself into. Kobe stressed out for a lot of years bececause of the "you cant win without shaq." now lebrick is going to get it for a long long time. if they win that is...

LA 2011

Da Knicks
07-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Lebron made the right choice and people just dont want him to succeed, he led teams on but he was trying to see what was best for him. I would of done the same thing as far as Dan Gilbert he did good with his statements because now all of Cleveland will back him and the Cavaliers and he wont be at such a great loss.

drobe86
07-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I think we're just re-wording thread titles and saying the same thing. He wants to win...great.

People around the world really grew attached to him playing in Cleveland, and would have rather seen him win one there, as the clear greatest player in their franchise history. But we shall move on.

he still is the greatest player in their history? Is he not? Only the dumb owner and douchebag fans of Cleveland are in denial.