PDA

View Full Version : LBJ will ever admit

Moss18
07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I just have a question for everyone here. Do you think LBJ will ever admit that he screwed up picking Miami over his home team? I think 6 years down the road and even if he wins titles he is going to admit it was a mistake. Alot of people and the media what I have seen have called him the Court Jester, Benedict Arnold, Gutless, and a Coward. This is what I have read on the internet I think he is all of them but thats not the question. Alot of articles say he took a shortcut to win a Championship and that he couldnt do by himself and had to create a Dream Team. Such as this article

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13618008/lebron-comes-out-looking-like-coward-not-king/rss

I know Miami fans and LBJ fans will disagree with this article but this isnt a random crazy fan this is a columnist. I have seen other columnists say the same thing. I realize Miami fans will never agree with this. But what does a Championship mean if a portion of the country thinks the same way? A Championship only has meaning if it is viewed that way by fans if a portion of fans think its a shortcut then what does that really mean? All I am saying is you have to look at how people view it.

I think LBJ really dug himself in a hole. If he loses then he wont get a Championship but if he wins it a portion of fans will call him a paper champion basically created by a Dream Team. Some will agree with him winning and say he won it the right way but some will never accept it. I think he loses either way. He has been blasted by the media ever since. Do you think he will ever admit what a mistake he made cause either way he loses

Illinirob83
07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
He shouldn't have gone back to Cleveland, they weren't going to win with Antwan Jamison as the #2 guy there.....and Mo Williams is one of the worst defenders and streaky 3 pt shooters in the league. He did right by leaving that ***** city, but he went about it HORRIBLY. That is what he should admit.

He had a max offer from Chicago to be the unquestioned "man" and he turned it down to be a top 3 player's sidekick in a crap basketball city. That is what he should apologize for. He should apologize to all NBA fans who fell for the "king" "chosen one" and we are all witnesses campaign. We all witnessed a narcissistic basketball coward. unreal.

Melo15
07-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Depends on what happens throughout the rest of his career. He could win 8 championships in Miami and be a part of something great and be truly happy with his decision, or they could fail horribly and he could have made a huge mistake. No point in second guessing though, he's already made his decision now we have to wait and see what happens.

mark1125
07-16-2010, 10:34 AM
A LeBron thread?!?! No way. We NEVER get enough of those. :facepalm:

Jaji
07-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Why would anyone want to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers?

Jaji
07-16-2010, 10:35 AM

That's what happens when you're the best player in the NBA. People tend to make threads about you.

prodigy
07-16-2010, 10:39 AM
He shouldn't have gone back to Cleveland, they weren't going to win with Antwan Jamison as the #2 guy there.....and Mo Williams is one of the worst defenders and streaky 3 pt shooters in the league. He did right by leaving that ***** city, but he went about it HORRIBLY. That is what he should admit.

He had a max offer from Chicago to be the unquestioned "man" and he turned it down to be a top 3 player's sidekick in a crap basketball city. That is what he should apologize for. He should apologize to all NBA fans who fell for the "king" "chosen one" and we are all witnesses campaign. We all witnessed a narcissistic basketball coward. unreal.

Lets be honest, Bron could've got Bosh if he tried. As a Western conference GM said " Lebron has done more recruiting in the last 5 days(at the time) then he did in the last 3 years."

But to the Question...

Lebron is still living in Akron and he's there right now. For his kids sake I hope he moves, that could get ugly when they go to school.

But Lebron won't care about Ohio right now, but one day down the road he will wanna return home. When Lebron See's he's not welcome even in his home town, he will understand what he did.

Most people on this site thinks that lebron just left and thats why we are mad lol. its so much deeper then that.

Lebron will understand what he did, maybe he understands now IDK. But he will.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I think LBJ really dug himself in a hole. If he loses then he wont get a Championship but if he wins it a portion of fans will call him a paper champion basically created by a Dream Team. Some will agree with him winning and say he won it the right way but some will never accept it. I think he loses either way. He has been blasted by the media ever since. Do you think he will ever admit what a mistake he made cause either way he loses

And I think there's no way you can make these ludicrous statements without ever seeing him play with a legitimate team.. What IF he averages a triple double and they win 6 straight? Is he a failure then in your eyes? I'm not saying this will happen for sure but it can... You haters make me use the hell out of this... >:facepalm:

Swashcuff
07-16-2010, 10:41 AM
hey screwed up???? for the last time Cleveland is NOT his home... he's from Akron..... as well how in the blue **** would he believe that he screwed up after the reaction from his former "boss". He belittled him for stuff he did WHILE he was a Cav and basically called him a quitter and a fraud while he was a CAV. If he said stuff about LeBron after leaving thats something totally different but he spoke of stuff that he did WHILE with the Cavs. He'd never admit because he wont regret it. It was 100% the right decision.

He may feel remorseful and say something along the lines of I wish things could have been different and I could have won a ship, but admit he was wrong for leaving... Hell No. Especially if the Heat actually win multiple championships.

king4day
07-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Not if he wins a ring. If he doesn't, I'm sure he'll have second thoughts since he'll be hated in Miami as well

Melo15
07-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Lets be honest, Bron could've got Bosh if he tried. As a Western conference GM said " Lebron has done more recruiting in the last 5 days(at the time) then he did in the last 3 years."

But to the Question...

Lebron is still living in Akron and he's there right now. For his kids sake I hope he moves, that could get ugly when they go to school.

But Lebron won't care about Ohio right now, but one day down the road he will wanna return home. When Lebron See's he's not welcome even in his home town, he will understand what he did.

Most people on this site thinks that lebron just left and thats why we are mad lol. its so much deeper then that.

I think his ego has made him believe that they will always accept him no matter what. His face when he saw those fans burning his jersey was just utter disbelief. I agree with you about moving out because of his children but I do hope for his families sake that down the line he is able to move back to the Akron area.

Joe09
07-16-2010, 10:43 AM
lebron a king? legeng? please not even close....more like wades puppet.

Jaji
07-16-2010, 10:45 AM
hey screwed up???? for the last time Cleveland is NOT his home... he's from Akron..... as well how in the blue **** would he believe that he screwed up after the reaction from his former "boss". He belittled him for stuff he did WHILE he was a Cav and basically called him a quitter and a fraud while he was a CAV. If he said stuff about LeBron after leaving thats something totally different but he spoke of stuff that he did WHILE with the Cavs. He'd never admit because he wont regret it. It was 100% the right decision.

He may feel remorseful and say something along the lines of I wish things could have been different and I could have won a ship, but admit he was wrong for leaving... Hell No. Especially if the Heat actually win multiple championships.

:clap: :worthy:

It still won't get through most people's thick skulls but I appreciate you trying to inform the masses.

Jaji
07-16-2010, 10:45 AM
And I think there's no way you can make these ludicrous statements without ever seeing him play with a legitimate team.. What IF he averages a triple double and they win 6 straight? Is he a failure then in your eyes? I'm not saying this will happen for sure but it can... You haters make me use the hell out of this... >:facepalm:

:laugh:

Master Mind
07-16-2010, 10:46 AM

I thought Derrick Rose was the man in Chicago? :eyebrow:
Bitter Chicago fan, pay homage.

therif333
07-16-2010, 10:47 AM
i think choosing Miami was a pour decision. evidently he wanted out of Cleveland and took what he thinks will be the easy way out. keep in mind that Wade plays sort of reckless and seems to get injured at least once a year and then you have an unproven commodity in Bosh. yes he put up numbers in Toronto surrounded by a less than stellar clan., but he has never advanced to far in the playoffs, so how does he handle the pressure now that all eyes are on his team.than you have the ego factor.when Garnett joined the c's pierce and allen were already there and had a few years under their belt. who will take the ball @crunchtime. and will the other 2 be ok with being sidekicks. i don't see it happening.

Swashcuff
07-16-2010, 10:49 AM

:clap::clap::clap:"

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:50 AM
i think choosing Miami was a pour decision.

You would... I think staying in Cleveland would have been a ticket to a Dan Marino type legacy. He deserves better than that.

S-Dot
07-16-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm sure he'll write a book or something later after he retires apologizing to them. He may even dedicate a part of his first championship to the city of Cleveland. The guy is a class act. We seem to judge him a little worse than other players because of his status.

I didn't like that he chose Mami with their situation, but it's over. Let's live in the moment now. He won't admit it right now because he is 25 years old looking to have fun in the sun and win a title...two things he will more than likely do.

Jaji
07-16-2010, 10:53 AM

But to the Question...

This is BS and being from Cleveland you should know this. Cleveland and Akron are not the same city. LeBron will always be welcome in his own hometown, a city he has done so much for in terms of charity and basically putting them on the map. He may not be welcome in Cleveland anymore, but as a person who spent much time in Akron growing up, I can tell you that people from Akron in the same demographic as LeBron don't really care for Cleveland anyway. I have always been a LeBron fan due to my Akron roots. Couldn't care less about the Cavs though. I rooted for them for 7 years for 1 reason and 1 reason only: LeBron. Now he's with the Heat and I'm thankful I don't have to ever watch the awful franchise again. And I guarantee you any LeBron fan from AKRON feels the same way.

ManRam
07-16-2010, 10:54 AM
He didn't screw up in picking Miami, so why should he admit that he did.

This thread makes me scratch my head.

But I'm glad the majority disagree with the OP. That's a good sign.

Master Mind
07-16-2010, 10:55 AM
i think choosing Miami was a pour decision. evidently he wanted out of Cleveland and took what he thinks will be the easy way out. keep in mind that Wade plays sort of reckless and seems to get injured at least once a year and then you have an unproven commodity in Bosh. yes he put up numbers in Toronto surrounded by a less than stellar clan., but he has never advanced to far in the playoffs, so how does he handle the pressure now that all eyes are on his team.than you have the ego factor.when Garnett joined the c's pierce and allen were already there and had a few years under their belt. who will take the ball @crunchtime. and will the other 2 be ok with being sidekicks. i don't see it happening.

How does your foot taste?

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:56 AM
He didn't screw up in picking Miami, so why should he admit that he did.

This thread makes me scratch my head.

But I'm glad the majority disagree with the OP. That's a good sign.

Well yeah... I've been trying to figure out if he meant

"LBJ will never admit..."

or

"Will LBJ ever admit..."

Melo15
07-16-2010, 10:58 AM
This is BS and being from Cleveland you should know this. Cleveland and Akron are not the same city. LeBron will always be welcome in his own hometown, a city he has done so much for in terms of charity and basically putting them on the map. He may not be welcome in Cleveland anymore, but as a person who spent much time in Akron growing up, I can tell you that people from Akron in the same demographic as LeBron don't really care for Cleveland anyway. I have always been a LeBron fan due to my Akron roots. Couldn't care less about the Cavs though. I rooted for them for 7 years for 1 reason and 1 reason only: LeBron. Now he's with the Heat and I'm thankful I don't have to ever watch the awful franchise again. And I guarantee you any LeBron fan from AKRON feels the same way.

Ok while I agree that he has done a lot for the city you should also realize that Akron is a part of the greater Cleveland area. If you have Akron roots you should know this. I'm from Akron and i'm not a Cavs fan but even I admit that.

h2r09
07-16-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm sure he'll write a book or something later after he retires apologizing to them. He may even dedicate a part of his first championship to the city of Cleveland. The guy is a class act. We seem to judge him a little worse than other players because of his status.

I didn't like that he chose Mami with their situation, but it's over. Let's live in the moment now. He won't admit it right now because he is 25 years old looking to have fun in the sun and win a title...two things he will more than likely do.

so you didnt like him choosing miami with their situation? what situation. do you mean the one where they are clearly the best chance for him to win and play with his best friends. why is this such a shocking decision? it really is sad how athletes have made making money more important than winning.

Illinirob83
07-16-2010, 10:59 AM

As much as I love DRose he isn't the "man" on a championship level team. I doubt Rose will ever be able to be the best player on a champion.......Wade already has been the best player on a champion....hell Wade was the best player on the olympic team, multiple time all-star, all-star MVP, finals MVP. If you can't see the difference between a guy like that and a guy like Rose then you need to get the head out of your ***. Rose will probably never be a "batman" on a champion.....Wade already has been, and will be on this current AAU style team you root for.

Apophis
07-16-2010, 11:00 AM

amazing huh.... This is the best thread ever!!!! :speechless:

Illinirob83
07-16-2010, 11:03 AM
You would... I think staying in Cleveland would have been a ticket to a Dan Marino type legacy. He deserves better than that.

He couldve chosen something that wasn't Miami though. NY I can understand not going there as well since D'Antoni doesn't coach defense and Amare def won't be interested in playing any D, they wouldn't win a title that way with Lebron. Cleveland, he wouldn't have won there either....not a good enough supporting cast.

He had a max offer from Chicago, great basketball city, terrific supporting cast...but wouldve needed a Lebron to be their "batman". He shouldve gone somewhere where he couldve gotten the help he needed but also been the "best player" without a doubt on a championship type team. And doing so in a MUCH better basketball city than Miami wouldve made since also. For all the talk of being the "king" , chosen one, we are all witnessing, LBj/MVP type garbage....one hr special...etc. To then say....well I am going to south beach to be on Dwade's team....is weak beyond repair.

Melo15
07-16-2010, 11:05 AM
He couldve chosen something that wasn't Miami though. NY I can understand not going there as well since D'Antoni doesn't coach defense and Amare def won't be interested in playing any D, they wouldn't win a title that way with Lebron. Cleveland, he wouldn't have won there either....not a good enough supporting cast.

He had a max offer from Chicago, great basketball city, terrific supporting cast...but wouldve needed a Lebron to be their "batman". He shouldve gone somewhere where he couldve gotten the help he needed but also been the "best player" without a doubt on a championship type team. And doing so in a MUCH better basketball city than Miami wouldve made since also. For all the talk of being the "king" , chosen one, we are all witnessing, LBj/MVP type garbage....one hr special...etc. To then say....well I am going to south beach to be on Dwade's team....is weak beyond repair.

Come on now man now you're just hating on the guy for not picking your team.

S-Dot
07-16-2010, 11:06 AM
so you didnt like him choosing miami with their situation? what situation. do you mean the one where they are clearly the best chance for him to win and play with his best friends. why is this such a shocking decision? it really is sad how athletes have made making money more important than winning.

Yep I personally wanted to see him lead the Cavs to be honest. It would have been great for that city and great for that franchise. His time was coming in my opinion; he's only 25. Just as Jordan's chance finally came when he was 28 years old.. I personally respect the player who thugs it out with his team through thick and thick....like Reggie Miller.

But at the end of the day, LeBron chose to join two all-stars on Dwayne Wade's team. Again, I didn't like it...but that doesn't mean I dont understand his point of view. He wants to win a ring now, and he feels that's his best chance. Good for him.

Illinirob83
07-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Come on now man now you're just hating on the guy for not picking your team.

Think about the options that were available, the supporting casts that were out there for him to sign with. What made the most since? Think about that. It isn't even about what team I root for. If I was a fan of Minnesota I would feel the same way. For a guy who tells us that he is the "king", and the chosen one, and we are witnessing his greatness to then go to that crap basketball city and play on Dwade's team where he has already been "the man" on a champion...is weak.

oak2455
07-16-2010, 11:09 AM
That's what happens when you're the best player in the NBA. People tend to make threads about you.

Is this a Kobe Thread:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Melo15
07-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Think about the options that were available, the supporting casts that were out there for him to sign with. What made the most since? Think about that. It isn't even about what team I root for. If I was a fan of Minnesota I would feel the same way. For a guy who tells us that he is the "king", and the chosen one, and we are witnessing his greatness to then go to that crap basketball city and play on Dwade's team where he has already been "the man" on a champion...is weak.

I agree that Chicago would have been better for him instead of Miami but at the same time you're acting like Chicago was his only true option here.

mark1125
07-16-2010, 11:41 AM

I don't get it. He made a decision while someone was pouring him a beer?

Melo15
07-16-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't get it. He made a decision while someone was pouring him a beer?

Thats ridiculous and you know it! It was vitamin water............

dnewguy
07-16-2010, 11:53 AM
i've come to realize that people fall in love with the struggling Lebron....the one that will keep trying while we bash him for not winning a ring......the Lebron we can boast Kobe is better than, people love the loser Lebron........never seen an outrage over someone having a better opportunity to win. Almost seems y'all love the Lebron that will keep trying annually but doesn't win a ring.

Jaji
07-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Ok while I agree that he has done a lot for the city you should also realize that Akron is a part of the greater Cleveland area. If you have Akron roots you should know this. I'm from Akron and i'm not a Cavs fan but even I admit that.

That's my main point. LeBron didn't do anything to the city of Akron. He hurt Cleveland and the Cavs organization but most people I know from Akron aren't Cavs fans, only LeBron fans.

Akron may be part of the greater Cleveland area but its still a different city. Picture 2 high schools in the same city like Buchtel and Central Hower. They're in the same city but are Buchtel students gonna have allegiance to Central Hower? They're more likely to be rivals and that's what I remember about Cleveland.

"We were just fighting some boys from Cleveland." "Let's go to Cleveland and fight." "I can't stand them Cleveland dudes." "Look at these Cleveland boys hanging out at Akron U. I wish they would go back to Cleveland." etc.

I never heard Cleveland mentioned in a good way in Akron. Keep in mind most guys I hang out with from Akron are in LeBron's demographic: 20-something year old black males. That's why I shake my head when people say he ditched his hometown. Chances are LeBron is like most 20-something y/o black males from Akron and grew up not liking Cleveland.

I don't think Akron is as hurt as Cleveland. LeBron NEVER played for Akron. If anything, they should be mad he went straight to the league and ditched the Zips but I think they would've gotten over that by now. Why would someone from Akron care if he ditched a team they don't like anyway?

Kingdre619
07-16-2010, 11:55 AM
he shld hav just gone to chicago, im not mad about him leaving, im mad he took the easy way out, and went to miami

THE GUY IS 25! hes going thru all this work to show ppl that he is "hungry" for a championship, when we all kno its false hunger

Jaji
07-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Is this a Kobe Thread:confused::confused::confused::confused:

:clap: Did you think of that all by yourself?

Moss18
07-16-2010, 12:07 PM
The point I am making is you look at the posts here. I see some that say he took the easy way out or a shortcut to get a ring. It doesnt matter if you agree with them or not. For an example you have two teams playing for a Championship in any sport well the other team all catches the flu or is sick they have to forfeit. All I am saying is that the public will probably be really critical of the Champions and never really call them the Champions they won cause the other team couldnt particpate. Its called public perception

Now you take LBJ and if he wins a championship alot of fans and media will always call him a paper champion who had to take a shortcut to win it. He had to join Wade's Heat team to win a ring take less money build a super team. Never did it like any of the past champs. He will forever be discredited playing along side Bosh and Wade. You all cant just say shut up and all of us are going to say what a great Champion he and the Heat are. The negative public perception will always be there. He can average a triple double when 7 rings and people will still call him a paper champion who had to join someone elses team to get it done. You may not agree with this but its the opinion of alot of people

DWills
07-16-2010, 12:09 PM
this is ridiculous

OP.......didnt u post a thread asking people to stop talkin about him???

Master Mind
07-16-2010, 12:18 PM
All this easy way out crap is BS there is no easy way in sports, simply cause nothing is guaranteed and anything can happen...If anything he's gonna have to work twice as hard seeing how everyone and their momma are gunning for them. He knew he ran the risk of falling out of favor with the general public but its just more for him to accomplish and I think he welcomes the challenge.

Focused1
07-16-2010, 12:22 PM

Co-sign

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Have i missed something here? Does Akron have its own NBA team? I would expect a surrounding town of a city with an NBA team to be fans of that city. Who else is around to root for? Pacers? Pistons? 6ers?

I grew up in Schaumburg, a town outside of Chicago. Does that mean that everybody in Schaumburg should hate the Bulls because we are not Chicago?

Master Mind
07-16-2010, 12:28 PM
What's a paper champion? Is there a such thing? The argument about teams forfeiting might validate what that is cause no work was put in that but I don't expect any team to lay down for them. They're gonna have to do it the old fashion way just like the rest of the champs. And people act like they're going undefeated or something, pull you skirts down fellas and cover your lower back tattoo its only begun

JasonJohnHorn
07-16-2010, 12:36 PM
I think when all is said and done he will regret it. He will likely win titles, but I think always in the back of his mind, he will have wished that he did it in Cleveland. And some of you may thing the city "$#!TTY", but it is a working class city like any other and deserves more respect than that. Is it as warm and sunny as Miami, LA and Orlando? No. But its still a great community and it is a community that not only had great love for James, but that James had a great love for and that he and his family call home.

When Wade and Kobe, and Duncan all retire having worn the same jersey their whole careers and LBJ retires having worn at least two, and if we look to the likes of other stars who have jumped ship like Carter, McGrady and Shaq, he will likely have worn 3 or as many as 5 jerseys throughout his career, and then its just not that special. There are guys who work hard like Matt Barnes and Stephan Jackson and Bruce Bowen and Ben Wallace, who get cut and have to bounce around to follow their NBA dreams, some of them find a home (like Bowen and Wallace did) and some dont, but franchise players like James have more of a choice in the matter. He has missed out on a great and unique opprotunity, because not only could he have worn the same jersey and competed for a title, but it would have been his home town. How much would Magic have relished being drafted by the Pistons, or Bird by the Pacers, but each stayed loyal to the team that drafted AND showed them respect.

And the move suggests that LBJ is Wade's Pippen, not the other way around. Miami is Wade's team and he is now the alpha dog and I'm not so sure that is going to be easy for James and Wade. Bosh is a stand up guy and I dont think he will mind being a third option as long as he is winning, but LBJ is used to having a club/organization and team/players that cater to him and his style of play. I do not think that will quite be the case in Miami and I think that will be James's biggest challenge and struggle.

netsgiantsyanks
07-16-2010, 12:47 PM
you think this is bad, imagine if derrick rose leaves chicago

Edwin
07-16-2010, 12:47 PM
1. Let's leave this lebron crap all alone. Everyone knew he was going to leave. The cavalier's didn't do anyting major this offseason except firing current coach and putting mo williams on the trading block. They never signed any big time free agents. There season would have look the same again as the past two years(Win big in the season, lose in a 4 game series when competitors match up.) That team has always about lebron and cast members. It was never Lebron and other superstar.

2. If he was going back to cleveland, wouldn't you think he would have told them earlier so the gm could focus on other things. One hour television special and you cleveland fans are out there waiting for him to say he's coming back to cavaliers as if it's draft night.lol. smh

3. Cleveland messed up. All year long we heard he might go to knicks, Nets, or Bulls, and Miami comes out of nowhere and scoops him up.lol. Wade has power in Miami, that's how he was able to make his superteam. He told them(Miami Organization) he may leave if he does not get help and in return he gets a superteam. How come cleveland couldn't do something like that for lebron.

4. Why would he regret his decision? His percentage of winning a championship is higher than if he had chosen cleveland. Now he has a chance of winning multiple championship instead of going out as reggie miller, allen iverson, john stockston and etc.

5. Don't act like you guys wouldn't have chosen miami if you could play with three of your highly skilled friends on one team. jump on the bandwagon.

Screw the people that said celtics screwed up the league bcuz we started the big 3.
1.One Pierce was already on team.
2. We got Ray allen in a trade during the draft. ( He didn't even want to come here because he was loyal to his organization)
3. We got Kevin Garnett for another trade during free agent period.( He was also loyal to his organization and didnt want to come here.

Our GM Danny ainge is a freaken genius and he knows how to do his job well. The miami heat big three came upon during free agency when a bunch of good players contracts were done in the same year and they were discussing teammate scenario among themselves. So the Celtics big three has nothing to do with how their big super three came upon.

Human FlameShld
07-16-2010, 01:02 PM

Nicely put.

USAF_AMMO
07-16-2010, 01:06 PM

There is a distance of less than 40 miles between Akron and Cleveland. I practically drive that far to work every day. Its not like he is from the other end of the state.

drobe86
07-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I think when all is said and done he will regret it. He will likely win titles, but I think always in the back of his mind, he will have wished that he did it in Cleveland. And some of you may thing the city "$#!TTY", but it is a working class city like any other and deserves more respect than that. Is it as warm and sunny as Miami, LA and Orlando? No. But its still a great community and it is a community that not only had great love for James, but that James had a great love for and that he and his family call home.

When Wade and Kobe, and Duncan all retire having worn the same jersey their whole careers and LBJ retires having worn at least two, and if we look to the likes of other stars who have jumped ship like Carter, McGrady and Shaq, he will likely have worn 3 or as many as 5 jerseys throughout his career, and then its just not that special. There are guys who work hard like Matt Barnes and Stephan Jackson and Bruce Bowen and Ben Wallace, who get cut and have to bounce around to follow their NBA dreams, some of them find a home (like Bowen and Wallace did) and some dont, but franchise players like James have more of a choice in the matter. He has missed out on a great and unique opprotunity, because not only could he have worn the same jersey and competed for a title, but it would have been his home town. How much would Magic have relished being drafted by the Pistons, or Bird by the Pacers, but each stayed loyal to the team that drafted AND showed them respect.

And the move suggests that LBJ is Wade's Pippen, not the other way around. Miami is Wade's team and he is now the alpha dog and I'm not so sure that is going to be easy for James and Wade. Bosh is a stand up guy and I dont think he will mind being a third option as long as he is winning, but LBJ is used to having a club/organization and team/players that cater to him and his style of play. I do not think that will quite be the case in Miami and I think that will be James's biggest challenge and struggle.

The unique opportunity to play for Cleveland? Have you ever been to Cleveland? Easily one of the top 10 WORST cities to live in sports or otherwise. LBJ may not have ever wanted to play for the CAVS in the first place. Ever thought of that?

DraKo
07-16-2010, 02:25 PM
No he won't care as long as he's get 5+ rings on his hand.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
He is not a competitor and he is not a winner, dude has no heart. He feels entitled to everything and has had his butt kissed since he was in high school. He doesn't believe anything he does is disrespectful and he will never understand/care why most NBA fans now dislike him. He has rigged it up now so it will basically be impossible to be defeated. None of the greats would want that. They would want to be challenged and have to fight to get their rings. LeBron doesn't, he wants to do the things the easy way. He has accomplished nothing yet, he is not a King and he sure as heck ain't a role model. Next year will be the beginning of his downfall.

Da Knicks
07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Hate Hate Hate The price they pay for being the best.

bbblack40
07-16-2010, 02:48 PM
I just have a question for everyone here. Do you think LBJ will ever admit that he screwed up picking Miami over his home team? I think 6 years down the road and even if he wins titles he is going to admit it was a mistake. Alot of people and the media what I have seen have called him the Court Jester, Benedict Arnold, Gutless, and a Coward. This is what I have read on the internet I think he is all of them but thats not the question. Alot of articles say he took a shortcut to win a Championship and that he couldnt do by himself and had to create a Dream Team. Such as this article

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13618008/lebron-comes-out-looking-like-coward-not-king/rss

I know Miami fans and LBJ fans will disagree with this article but this isnt a random crazy fan this is a columnist. I have seen other columnists say the same thing. I realize Miami fans will never agree with this. But what does a Championship mean if a portion of the country thinks the same way? A Championship only has meaning if it is viewed that way by fans if a portion of fans think its a shortcut then what does that really mean? All I am saying is you have to look at how people view it.

you do realize the lakers have a superteam, celtics have a superteam? winning solves everything once they win the media will be all on their nuts again. remember when kobe was demanding a trade from the lakers, bashing andrew bynum, accused of rape, missing the playoffs, quitting on his team in game 7 vs phx? well of course people 4get once the lakers start winning again. all wade,lebron and bosh need 2 do is win and all will be forgiving and 4gotten

DWills
07-16-2010, 02:50 PM
some of u really need a hobby

bbblack40
07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
and if u want 2 get down to the real deal. bosh and lebron were traded 2 miami so blame toronto and the cavs.lol

Moss18
07-16-2010, 03:08 PM
The Lakers and Celtics got great trades from GMs that were involved in the past with those trades. Maybe you have a small point but the Grizzlies and Wolves knew they wouldnt be able to resign either of them. So what do you do you take the best offer. The Garnett trade made some sense for the Wolves they traded him to the Eastern Conference. Garnett also listed a few teams he would want to be traded to I believe the list was Celtics, Lakers, and Chicago so they took the best deal they could I think Gasol trade was the same thing. All that was going to happen was these players would become free agents and sign with the teams they are playing with now. I truly believe this

Also the Celtics and the Lakers never had a super team I think three top players in the league in their prime is way different from 3 stars in their early 30s.

LeBron did take the easiest road and a shortcut. His team in Cleveland won 60 games last year. People forget that he could of brought a Championship to Cleveland he had the team he just wanted a dream team.

I think down the road he will regret walking out on his home state I dont care if he is from Akron its his home state. I bet when he gets done playing and retires Cleveland would of did something huge for him thanking him for his years. I dont think their opinion will ever change of him for walking out. I think instead of cheering for him they would rather throw garbage on him. I will feel sad for him cause to me he is now a man without a home. Cause he can never go back to the state that he grew up in.

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 03:09 PM
It's nice to convert everyone from Laker-Haters to Heat-Haters. I think the Laker-haters will finally have more respect for Kobe and they will root for him to beat Lebron every year.... :-)

I like it how every Heat fan has a picture of their 3 in their sig now. My favorite sig was the guy who put the 3 heat guys on 1 side with 1 champ trophy and Adam Morrison on the other side with 2 champ trophies...HAHA!

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 03:18 PM
The Lakers and Celtics got great trades from GMs that were involved in the past with those trades. Maybe you have a small point but the Grizzlies and Wolves knew they wouldnt be able to resign either of them. So what do you do you take the best offer. The Garnett trade made some sense for the Wolves they traded him to the Eastern Conference. Garnett also listed a few teams he would want to be traded to I believe the list was Celtics, Lakers, and Chicago so they took the best deal they could I think Gasol trade was the same thing. All that was going to happen was these players would become free agents and sign with the teams they are playing with now. I truly believe this

Also the Celtics and the Lakers never had a super team I think three top players in the league in their prime is way different from 3 stars in their early 30s.

LeBron did take the easiest road and a shortcut. His team in Cleveland won 60 games last year. People forget that he could of brought a Championship to Cleveland he had the team he just wanted a dream team.

I think down the road he will regret walking out on his home state I dont care if he is from Akron its his home state. I bet when he gets done playing and retires Cleveland would of did something huge for him thanking him for his years. I dont think their opinion will ever change of him for walking out. I think instead of cheering for him they would rather throw garbage on him. I will feel sad for him cause to me he is now a man without a home. Cause he can never go back to the state that he grew up in.

Good analysis, and I think you may be right on all fronts. Lebron though should have made his decision earlier and told the owner. If you are right, then Gasol and Garnett told their teams they were leaving half way through the season before they became free agents. Lebron didnt make his decision until a couple weeks after he became a free agent. Everyone always says, "Man the Grizzlies are dumb for trading Gasol." They dont say, "Wow I cant believe Gasol left to play for the Lakers...he took the easy way out." But let's be honest the man is 25 years old and hes not the brightest guy. People forget that all these guys never went to college. He has never made a life altering decision...play high school who you are supposed to play for. Get drafted and play for who you are supposed to play for...etc. He isnt even married, and I can guarantee he didn't "decide" to have his kid...haha!

Lakersho
07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I think his ego has made him believe that they will always accept him no matter what. His face when he saw those fans burning his jersey was just utter disbelief. I agree with you about moving out because of his children but I do hope for his families sake that down the line he is able to move back to the Akron area.
...I dont know. OHIO, cleveland as a sports team home . they love thier sports and thier teams as we all do , maybe more. because they want , no need a real champion to bring them a championship. they were sure they had this guy who like them wanted and needed it just like them, because he felt the same pain because he was " ONE OF THEM, BORN AND RAISED " that hurt he caused to his home town , loyal friends and supporters, and state , will be there long after he stops playing in the nba . they were cut deeper than any knife could go, worse than the ugliest divorse. no i can't see him being forgiven, let alone try to live there. wouldn't be pretty...

But to the Question...

...I dont think he has gave it any thought at all . right now he's on top of the world. when his playing days are done and he's older hopefully wiser, wants to retire and have his family grow and be around him. i think about then is when it will finally hit him. you can live anywhere, but where you were born and grew up , all your family and friends and history are there . not being welcome there ever. thats when it sinks in real deep. he can say it dont bother him , it will haunt him , you cant fix this with fame or money ever...

HachiGo
07-16-2010, 04:05 PM
He will never admit that he's wrong. His ego would never allow him to. Same with Kobe or any other alpha dog.

nanablvd
07-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Kobe won his first 3 rings under the shadow of Shaq, and he's now considered one of the best player ever by winning 2 more rings at the age of 30 and 31. After 6 years Lebron will only be 31, and he'll still have tremendous opportunity to win titles anywhere with him being the only man. I dont think it's the best decision for Lebron to join the Heat, but I believe it's the right decision if Lebron's mindset is to try to get some rings first like Kobe did and will explore other options later. MJ has 6, Kobe has 5, Lebron knows getting 5 or 6 in his remaining 10-15 years or so would be very very difficult, especially when kobe is still in the game for another 5 years or so. In this regard, Lebron's decision is understandable.

Ray_R
07-16-2010, 05:45 PM

Derrick Rose is a God in chicago.:cool:

ink
07-16-2010, 05:55 PM
We've covered the Lebron decision well enough. Closed.