PDA

View Full Version : DO THEY DESERVE TO BE CALLED "The BIG 3"?

DC Laker
07-16-2010, 10:18 AM
I will give all the props as players to LeBron and Wade. They are NOT Michael Jordon... but they are clearly two of the top 5 players in the league. (How is everyone on TV leaving Durant out of the top 3, if I had a team I would draft Durant NUMBER 1) Either way, those two guys will be a handful... BUT

CHRIS BOSH DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE PART OF ANYTHING CALLED "THE BIG 3!"

Jordan, Pippen, Rodman
Kareem, Magic, Worthy
Russell, Cousey, Sharman
Wilt, West, Goodrich
Garnett, Allen, Pierce
Bird, McHale, Parrish

Chris Bosh career stats: Averages 20 and 9 for his career on 49% FG
Also 2 TO and 2 Asst, and just 1 Blocked shot per game

Play-offs... about the same EXCEPT he shoots 43% from the floor in the play-offs! That number is lower then Kobe and Rondo and dozens of others!!!

Those regular season numbers made Bosh Number 18 in the league last year.... behind Okafor, Bogut, David Lee, Carl Landry, Al Horford... and Plenty more. He is MORE then 10% behind all the greats in Career Play-off FG%.

BOSH WAS 38th in BLOCKED SHOT LAST YEAR!!! Behind WADE, Joel Anthony and Spencer Hawes...

Now I am NOT trying to say that Bosh is HORRIBLE... but the guy is NOT a Hall of Fame calliber player... he has been a Poor play-off performer...

What do you think?

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 10:21 AM
YES BOSH LOOKS HORRIBLE BECAUSE

OBVIOUSLY ASK YOURSELF

Do Other teams need to defend his softie europlayer TEAMMATES or just play tight and double him and Raptors can easily lose.

beasted86
07-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Bosh = Pau Gasol in Memphis

Haters will sleep on him now, call him a top 3 post big man in the league later.

Raph12
07-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Bosh will be a great 3rd option, he isn't a #1 guy, I don't know how many times I've said it, but he'd be a good 3rd option, no doubt.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:25 AM
[B]Chris Bosh career stats: Averages 20 and 9 for his career on 49% FG

Ray Allen career stats: Averages 20.5 ppg 4.3 apg 3.7 rpg

Uh oh! Let's go back in time and change that Celtic team to the Big 2!

Are you serious dude? This is a trio of 3 SUPERSTARS! Of course you call this a big 3. About as big of a 3 as the NBA has ever had. Use your head

h2r09
07-16-2010, 10:26 AM
bosh actually did better and was more successful than pau gasol in memphis and he is younger. he is the best 3rd option in the league. easily. the ugy was incredible last year.

He is going to have wide open shots galore next year.

Swashcuff
07-16-2010, 10:27 AM
the ignorance of that orignal post is absurd...

There is a big difference between the styles of play of Al Horford, Okafor etc and Chris Bosh.... using FG% to say he isn't a good player is down right idiotic.

Bosh is the Raptors All Time Leader in points and rebounds. And has been one of the most consistent players in the NBA for the past 5 years. C'mon. Do you think after 7 years in the league everyone thought Pippen was HOF calibre. Hell Rodman is not even in the HOF. Its only 7 years dude where in the hell does HOF talk come from already.

No one was basing it on whether or not the three of them are HOFers it was based on their talent levels. They are 3 very talented players. 3 Top 15 players in the NBA. 2 of them top 3.

Master Mind
07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I just want to put it out there that Durant is a ball hog but nonetheless a good player...

Swashcuff
07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
ray allen career stats: Averages 20.5 ppg 4.3 apg 3.7 rpg

uh oh! Let's go back in time and change that celtic team to the big 2!

are you serious dude? this is a of 2 superstars and a all star! Of course you call this a big 3. About as big of a 3 as the nba has ever had. Use your head

fixed.

Swashcuff
07-16-2010, 10:29 AM
I just want to put it out there that Durant is a ball hog but nonetheless a good player...

c'mon bro don't do yourself this.... don't stoop to the trolls level

Melo15
07-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Wow surprise surprise another hate on the Miami Heat thread.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:32 AM
BOSH WAS 38th in BLOCKED SHOT LAST YEAR!!! Behind WADE, Joel Anthony and Spencer Hawes...

You forgot about the King... 33rd

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Those regular season numbers made Bosh Number 18 in the league last year.... behind Okafor, Bogut, David Lee, Carl Landry, Al Horford... and Plenty more. He is MORE then 10% behind all the greats in Career Play-off FG%.

And the only player out of these with more rebounds is David Lee... You clearly made a point to not bring up the one thing that he does best. You are... Playa Hata of Year.

NBA-GMaster
07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
A big yes!!

DraKo
07-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Bosh is going to flourish with Wade and Lebron.

The Ooh Child
07-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Note to self: Stop going to the NBA forum.

Swashcuff
07-16-2010, 10:45 AM
And the only player out of these with more rebounds is David Lee... You clearly made a point to not bring up the one thing that he does best. You are... Playa Hata of Year.

dude he's a waste of time that entire post was assinine

HOZ THE KNICK
07-16-2010, 10:46 AM
i heard they was being called the trifecta

mikantsass
07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Yes they are a big 3. They are 3 of the top 12-15 players in the NBA today and all on the same team.

And to the original poster, you forgot West, Baylor and Chamberlain in your other big 3's

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:51 AM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_krzvu8gUHL1qzmu29o1_500.jpg

tredigs
07-16-2010, 10:56 AM
I will give all the props as players to LeBron and Wade. They are NOT Michael Jordon... but they are clearly two of the top 5 players in the league. (How is everyone on TV leaving Durant out of the top 3, if I had a team I would draft Durant NUMBER 1) Either way, those two guys will be a handful... BUT

CHRIS BOSH DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE PART OF ANYTHING CALLED "THE BIG 3!"

Jordan, Pippen, Rodman
Kareem, Magic, Worthy
Russell, Cousey, Sharman
Wilt, West, Goodrich
Garnett, Allen, Pierce
Bird, McHale, Parrish

Chris Bosh career stats: Averages 20 and 9 for his career on 49% FG

Play-offs... about the same EXCEPT he shoots 43% from the floor in the play-offs! That number is lower then Kobe and Rondo and dozens of others!!!

Now I am NOT trying to say that Bosh is HORRIBLE... but the guy is NOT a Hall of Fame calliber player... he has been a Poor play-off performer...

What do you think?

I didn't even bother reading what you wrote, but are you really trying to dismiss a guy that went for ~ 24/11/2.5 last year on better than 50% shooting as anything less than an absolute MONSTER 3rd option?

Don't bother with career stats; the guy's in his prime - focus on last season. He is going to give teams hell, especially with all the focus on Wade and LBJ. If that team decides to play team ball, the league is ****ed.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:58 AM
I didn't even bother reading what you wrote, but are you really trying to dismiss a guy that went for ~ 24/11/2.5 last year on better than 50% shooting as anything less than an absolute MONSTER 3rd option?

Don't bother with career stats; the guy's in his prime - focus on last season. He is going to give teams hell, especially with all the focus on Wade and LBJ. If that team decides to play team ball, the league is ****ed.

Exactly... And I think we all know the odds of them playing team ball. I'm pretty sure they've made sure that this isn't about one guy before they locked these guys up for 6 and 7 years apiece.. I mean, this has been in the works since the '08 gold medal...

S-Dot
07-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Note to self: Stop going to the NBA forum.

I feel your pain. But there are many other interesting threads here. These LeBron and the Heat ones are just the most controversial at this point in time.

DC Laker
07-16-2010, 11:00 AM
DID YOU READ THE 1st POST???

I am not hating on the Heat... I am questioning that Bosh is suddenly a super star when I think he is a good NOT great big man.

As for the Gasol comparison some of you are making... do some research!!!

In 7 years in the league Bosh has shot over 50% 2 times!!!
In Gasol's 1st 7 seasons he shot over 50% 6 times, including 5 of 6 in Memphis!!! Gasol is a much better percentage shooter... and Gasol got BEAT UP in Memphis Every bit as much as Bosh!!!

For Bosh to be a big man that shoot UNDER 50% is a big hole... Good big men do NOT shoot that low nomatter who they play with!!!

I said right from the start that I don't think Bosh is a BAD player, but he is being way overvalued right now. He is on a team without a lot of size, and he is NOT a strong defensive post player, and doesn't block shots... and is a good but not great shooter!!!

DC Laker
07-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes they are a big 3. They are 3 of the top 12-15 players in the NBA today and all on the same team.

And to the original poster, you forgot West, Baylor and Chamberlain in your other big 3's

The NBA Released the all-nba 1st second and 3rd team, which is the top 15 players in the league, and Chris Bosh WAS NOT ON IT LAST SEASON!!!

This is exactly my point... I think Bosh is good, but people are thinking he is better then he really is because of the moves... I watched 2 games with the Raptors and Nuggets last season and saw Carmello and Nene drop about 50 points EACH GAME on Bosh's head and he had NO ANSWERS!!! He maybe put up about 15 a game and looked helpless.

I also saw Andrew Bynum drop Bosh into the hoop a BUNCH of times in another game I watched.

You guys can jump all over this again if you want... the guy is good, but I think MIKE MILLER is More important to Miami then Bosh!!!

His stock is too high...

tredigs
07-16-2010, 11:14 AM

I am not hating on the Heat... I am questioning that Bosh is suddenly a super star when I think he is a good NOT great big man.

In Gasol's 1st 7 seasons he shot over 50% 6 times, including 5 of 6 in Memphis!!! Gasol is a much better percentage shooter... and Gasol got BEAT UP in Memphis Every bit as much as Bosh!!!

For Bosh to be a big man that shoot UNDER 50% is a big hole... Good big men do NOT shoot that low nomatter who they play with!!!

I said right from the start that I don't think Bosh is a BAD player, but he is being way overvalued right now. He is on a team without a lot of size, and he is NOT a strong defensive post player, and doesn't block shots... and is a good but not great shooter!!!

Pau came in as a guy that had been playing multiple years pro in Spain, he wasn't your standard rookie; Bosh came in straight from high school and had a little adjusting to do. Stop trying to focus on the past and recognize what he did last season.

This probably isn't legal via PSD's rules - but I'll lay you 3:1 and bet anything that you'd like that Bosh shoots >50% this season (probably closer to 55%). PM me if you have a paypal and you're interested in setting something up..

PS: "ALL NBA" teams don't mean a damn thing; your priorities of rating a player need serious adjusting. Smh

beasted86
07-16-2010, 11:18 AM

You still disregard the fact that Gasol was a poorer rebounder who never averaged double digits, never won 1 single playoff game, never got 1 single MVP Award share (even to this day), and only made 1 all-star game before joining LA...

Chris Bosh leads Gasol in nearly every statistical category even to this day (which has been skewed by his time in LA). PTS, REB, 3PT%, FT%, STL, TOV. Categories Pau leads in are FG%, 0.5 more blocks, and 1 more assist per game. And as I said, his time in LA skewed his stats. He has spiked in FG% over the last 2.5yrs at 59%, 57%, and 54%... numbers he couldn't reach in Memphis. Without those years he's likely around 50%, a lot closer to Bosh.

Also when you start comparing Pau Gasol in his rookie season at 21 years old, and Bosh in his 3rd year when he turned 21, the comparison becomes decidedly lopsided.

Lakers_ftw
07-16-2010, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=DC Laker;14159576]

Wilt, West, Goodrich + BAYLOR

QUOTE]

Avenged
07-16-2010, 11:28 AM

FG% does not determine who's the better player. I do think Gasol is better but not because of his FG%. Gasol was just blessed in joining a team featuring Kobe Bryant and talent that were on the rise which benefits to him being "overvalued" you can say.

Bosh is pretty much in the same situation, going from a mediocre (or less) of a team, to a team ready to contend for a championship.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Ohhh Gasol played with decent teammates Bonzi Wells, James Posey, Shane Battier, Jason Williams

vs

Bosh Euroleague Team

Cmon seriously Gasol's teammates are veterans and are threats

Bosh... ummm he's the only threat.

defender4m
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
they are not the big three.

omdigga
07-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Pau came in as a guy that had been playing multiple years pro in Spain, he wasn't your standard rookie; Bosh came in straight from high school and had a little adjusting to do. Stop trying to focus on the past and recognize what he did last season.

This probably isn't legal via PSD's rules - but I'll lay you 3:1 and bet anything that you'd like that Bosh shoots >50% this season (probably closer to 55%). PM me if you have a paypal and you're interested in setting something up..

PS: "ALL NBA" teams don't mean a damn thing; your priorities of rating a player need serious adjusting. Smh

bosh went to georgia tech... do u think bron and wade made him get a haircut before they agreed to let him on their team?...

MaHaRaJaH
07-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Dumbass :laugh2:

justinnum1
07-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Bosh will be a great 3rd option, he isn't a #1 guy, I don't know how many times I've said it, but he'd be a good 3rd option, no doubt.

He's the best 3rd option in the league...who is a better 3rd option than bosh?

MaHaRaJaH
07-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Wow the idiotic ideology of the OP!

Duddy
07-16-2010, 11:44 AM
WTF is your question?

Unruly Fan
07-16-2010, 11:47 AM
You guys can jump all over this again if you want... the guy is good, but I think MIKE MILLER is More important to Miami then Bosh!!!
I actually laughed so hard at this... Absoluuuuutely ********.

76erEaglePhils
07-16-2010, 11:56 AM
The question should be does Boston deserve to be called the big 3 after looking at this big 3 in Miami. If you ask me Boston don't have s**t on this big 3 in Miami plain and simple.

JIDsanity
07-16-2010, 11:58 AM

Haters will sleep on him now, call him a top 3 post big man in the league later.

To be fair Pau is a better defender than Bosh, and always was. No doubt Bosh is good, but the glaring weakness that the Heat have is inside. I dont think too many teams are terrified of Joel Anthony, and Udonis Haslem. Teams are gonna try to take advantage of it.

tredigs
07-16-2010, 12:02 PM
bosh went to georgia tech... do u think bron and wade made him get a haircut before they agreed to let him on their team?...

true true - I'm dumb I completely forget the guy ever played college - but regardless I remember him coming in as a completely unpolished 19 year old, rather than Pau as a 21 year old who was pretty seasoned in international ball.

And I hope so, no need for clucker Predators in Miami.

But seriously, bottom line is that this guy is BY FAR the best third option in the league. It's a joke to think otherwise. Btw I'm sick of having to "defend" this team to some of these Laker homers (you're not all homers by any means, but the bad ones are... bad).

Avenged
07-16-2010, 12:02 PM
The question should be does Boston deserve to be called the big 3 after looking at this big 3 in Miami. If you ask me Boston don't have s**t on this big 3 in Miami plain and simple.

Probably not anymore. The Heat would definitely have struggled against the Celtics had this been in 08' due to the fact of their defense. Perhaps a prime Garnett/Pierce/Ray is more of a fair comparison against Wade/Lebron/Bosh. :drool:

DC Laker
07-16-2010, 12:17 PM
You still disregard the fact that Gasol was a poorer rebounder who never averaged double digits, never won 1 single playoff game, never got 1 single MVP Award share (even to this day), and only made 1 all-star game before joining LA...

Chris Bosh leads Gasol in nearly every statistical category even to this day (which has been skewed by his time in LA). PTS, REB, 3PT%, FT%, STL, TOV. Categories Pau leads in are FG%, 0.5 more blocks, and 1 more assist per game. And as I said, his time in LA skewed his stats. He has spiked in FG% over the last 2.5yrs at 59%, 57%, and 54%... numbers he couldn't reach in Memphis. Without those years he's likely around 50%, a lot closer to Bosh.

Also when you start comparing Pau Gasol in his rookie season at 21 years old, and Bosh in his 3rd year when he turned 21, the comparison becomes decidedly lopsided.

Gasol's numbers have GONE DOWN PLAYING IN LA!!! SO your premise is flawed!

Trust me Bosh will have his numbers go down this year... Better teams do NOT make for better numbers!!!

Russell_Roberts
07-16-2010, 12:18 PM
im so tired of these lebron threads

REALLYYYYY?
07-16-2010, 12:20 PM
not yet

Chronz
07-16-2010, 12:24 PM

If Chris Bosh is a good 3rd option, how far down the pecking order till Dwight becomes a good offensive option. 4th, 5th?

DC Laker
07-16-2010, 12:27 PM

OK well here is a list of the Forwards who were on the ALL-NBA team... YOU TELL ME, who should be taken off for Chris Bosh!?!?!

LeBron, Durant....
Carmelo, Dirk...
Duncan, Gasol...

THOSE ARE THE 1st, 2nd and 3rd team forwards... WHO IS BOSH BETTER THEN???

The answer is None of them...

Russell_Roberts
07-16-2010, 12:31 PM
no1 should be taken off for bosh. bosh isnt all that.

heatfan03
07-16-2010, 12:31 PM
2 of best 3 players in league and a 5 time in a row all star.
nuf said coming off 24 and 10 season

DC Laker
07-16-2010, 07:40 PM
2 of best 3 players in league and a 5 time in a row all star.
nuf said coming off 24 and 10 season

See to me that comment is fair and I appreciate it...

tell us that LeBron and Wade are Beasts... and that Bosh is an all star level player.... 100% correct.

But people making Bosh sound like a top ten player are VERY WRONG!!!

I have read DOZENS of posts claiming Bosh is in the category of the other 3... and although he is good, he is no SUPERSTAR!!!

elizur
07-16-2010, 07:53 PM
I hate the fact that they are all on one team ,but that is because they will be so good. Sure they are the big 3, even if Bosh is not at their level.

elizur
07-16-2010, 07:54 PM

tell us that LeBron and Wade are Beasts... and that Bosh is an all star level player.... 100% correct.

I have read DOZENS of posts claiming Bosh is in the category of the other 3... and although he is good, he is no SUPERSTAR!!!

No one puts him in the category of the other 2, they just get mentioned together. They are a team now.

JRisdabest
07-16-2010, 07:55 PM
The big mutha****** 3

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 07:59 PM

:clap:

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 08:01 PM

at this point he is not top 10. after the season he could be. His numbers and game will get better with the way teams cover Wade and lebron.

smith&wesson
07-16-2010, 08:03 PM
yes they are like the mega three.

DWills
07-16-2010, 08:05 PM
damn Heat!!!

they'll never get anyone !!!!

Geargo Wallace
07-16-2010, 08:07 PM
DC Laker you are nutz.

boolish
07-16-2010, 08:08 PM
they are not called the big three because they are the best 3 players in the league. that should address your concerns.

Catfish1314
07-16-2010, 08:10 PM
All caps title. Hmm. Is that you Dan Gilbert?

Aapox
07-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Michael Jordon

Lol.

drew_ellis_23
07-16-2010, 08:15 PM

Your sig looks like they are standing at urinals comparing dick sizes LOL Plenty of time to do that after the Magic knock them out of the playoffs next year LOL

drew_ellis_23
07-16-2010, 08:17 PM

Lets see how the season goes first there sparky

ATX
07-16-2010, 08:18 PM
All I can do now, is just laugh.

:laugh2:

runforrestrunx9
07-16-2010, 08:20 PM
this is a sad attempt to bash on the heat

NeutralFan
07-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Big 3? Yes. 3 Kings? NO...

LA_Raiders
07-16-2010, 08:25 PM
More like the "CHeat 3"

drew_ellis_23
07-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Big 3? Yes. 3 Kings? NO...

I need to buy my wife a Henne jersey:drool:

GeekInThePink
07-16-2010, 08:33 PM
YES BOSH LOOKS HORRIBLE BECAUSE

OBVIOUSLY ASK YOURSELF

Do Other teams need to defend his softie europlayer TEAMMATES or just play tight and double him and Raptors can easily lose.

You're retarted. Plain and simple.

Wrench
07-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Why not just delete all threads doing with the Heat or Lebron? Fixes this problem.

drew_ellis_23
07-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Why not just delete all threads doing with the Heat or Lebron? Fixes this problem.

well that would spoil the fun.:facepalm:

ee
07-16-2010, 08:46 PM
a big 3 is a big 3....I remember the Nets had RJ-VC-Kidd, they were called the big 3....they don't have to be legends to be called the big 3.....

dodie53
07-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Big 3.

koreancabbage
07-16-2010, 10:54 PM
how can you not call them the big three? 2 of 3 top players on one team? and arguably top 10-15 player in Bosh? in their PRIMES?

hate and homer thread.

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 11:00 PM
how can you not call them the big three? 2 of 3 top players on one team? and arguably top 10-15 player in Bosh? in their PRIMES?

hate and homer thread.

agree