PDA

View Full Version : Jose to Rays?

royal return
07-16-2010, 09:32 AM
The Rays have poor results from their DH position. Hitter friendly park. Jose in contract year. If Royals pick up salary the rumor is one of their minor league pitchers. Heard on radio, no idea of accuracy. I would do it if pitcher has any worth. Could then move Butler to DH and bring up Kila for 1B to see what he has.

Cooper
07-16-2010, 09:35 PM
On WHB 810 AM today, it was reported that the Royals had a major league scout in San Francisco looking over a couple of players.

The Giants could also be a willing trade partner for Guillen....even DeJesus, although, the Royals are not willing to part with him for cheap.

Bryrob58
07-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Hmmm... I guess I would be ok if with that if you guys picked up most of his salary. Is he a type B?

devildog
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Granderson for Guillen?

mets77
07-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Honest question how the royals doing this year?

Bryrob58
07-18-2010, 09:06 PM
:laugh2: at the last comments

Cooper
07-19-2010, 08:23 AM
They were doing ok...until they decided to lose the last 6 games! First they got swept in Chicago before the break, then they started out the second half losing three at home vs the A's. Blue Jays up next in KC.

Sacco111
07-19-2010, 09:54 PM
If the Royals traded Soria and Farnsworth, who would be their new closer? Assuming they did not get a relief pitcher in return. Robinson Tejada?

DeyAce
07-20-2010, 09:04 PM
What's it like to be a royals fan? Finishing last every year

Bryrob58
07-20-2010, 09:28 PM
:laugh2: at those comments as well

Cooper
07-20-2010, 09:46 PM
What's it like to be a royals fan? Finishing last every year

Maybe you should ask an Indians fan? Finishing at or near the bottom of the standings is something relatively new for the Royals. When Allaird Baird allowed the farm system to shrivel up and die...thats when the Royals began to go south.

Baseball Prospectus recently listed KC as having the #1 farm system in the major leagues. Winning again isn't too far off. Finishing 4th or 5th isnt much different than finishing 2nd or 3rd....you're still a loser.

Bryrob58
07-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Maybe you should ask an Indians fan? Finishing at or near the bottom of the standings is something relatively new for the Royals. When Allaird Baird allowed the farm system to shrivel up and die...thats when the Royals began to go south.

Baseball Prospectus recently listed KC as having the #1 farm system in the major leagues. Winning again isn't too far off. Finishing 4th or 5th isnt much different than finishing 2nd or 3rd....you're still a loser.

Huh?

Here's the stats your looking for.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/KCR/

What's that you say? 1 winning record since '94? You went 83-79...

I still want to know if Guillen is a type B btw.

Cooper
07-21-2010, 08:25 PM
For some of us...that wasn't so long ago.

Guillen doesn't matter....he's gone after this year, anyway. We overpaid for him, and all he brought to the team was injury and attitude. His punishment is to stay for the remainder of his contract. The concept of giving him away while paying the rest of his contract makes most of us ill....especially giving him to a competitor. this is a contract year for him...of course he is going to play better. He doesn't run out ground balls, and his fielding is suspect. Sure, he leads the club with homeruns and rbi's....but he wants to sucker someone into overpaying him on his next contract. Is he a type B frree agent? who cares....I don't.

Bryrob58
07-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Well maybe someone that trades for him would care...? Tampa likely wouldn't resign him, and if we could get a pick back it would make me feel much better about trading for him.

DRTRADE
07-26-2010, 09:12 PM
1. Francours, Castillo, Oliver Perez to KC Royals for Kyle Davies, Kyle Farnsworth and Gil Meche.
2. F. Martinez to Cubs for Ryan Theriot.

Kinsm
07-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Dear KC,

Please trade us Pods immediately, Stubbs is killing us and we need a leadoff hitter.

Sincerely,

Reds Nation