PDA

View Full Version : Is The Palace An Attractive Place To Play?

NetsPaint
07-16-2010, 04:35 AM
I know Detroit isn't at the top of the list for most players (and of course they don't have the cap space either), but it is a big arena, and I'm pretty sure it's the biggest in the NBA. It's also pretty nice looking too, kind of classy. I know they haven't been filling up the arena the past year or two due to economy and not a top team, but is it an attractive place to play otherwise?

Kyle N.
07-16-2010, 04:51 AM
I don't think players care what the arena looks like.

Gators123
07-16-2010, 04:59 AM
The Palace is in Auburn Hills which is a very nice city. Even though the economy is really bad in Michigan and the team hasn't been good the last 2 seasons, we were still top 10 in attendance.

lakerfan3118
07-16-2010, 05:14 AM
I don't think players care what the arena looks like.

...unless its Madison Square Garden, perhaps. Even then, it's not really enough to single-handedly make a decision.

LionBryan
07-16-2010, 09:13 AM
My office is next door to The Palace. This area is populated with trees, landfills and The Palace. Aside from that, if you don't mind the selection of 2 places to eat/drink before/after the game, of the 15 mile drive to/from Detroit, it's wonderful. The inside of the building is state of the art, but the area it was built in would suggest someone threw a dart at a map of SE Michigan.