PDA

View Full Version : ESPN told NOT to talk about LeBronís Moms fling with Delonte West

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 04:00 AM
Colin Cowherd Confirms Terezowens.com Rumor about Delonte West &Golria James.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7j8C4PiQt4&feature=player_embedded

No wonder Knicks + LeBron talks are falling apart

So the article as follows: http://www.playerpress.com/articles/10021-espn-told-not-to-talk-about-lebrons-moms-fling-with-delonte-west

Back in May, there were rumors surfacing that claimed Gloria James, LeBronís mother was doing the hokey pokey with James teammate Delonte West during the playoffs.

The rumors started because Gloria was seen hanging out with West on the night of his MVP party. In addition, after game three of the playoffs, Lebron hit the town with Jay Z and Beyonce, and left his mom at the hotel. Delonte West apparently decided to stay at the hotel for one reason or another.

LeBron returned to the hotel at 3:30 in the morning after a night out on the town, goes up to his momís hotel room to check up on her, and West answers the door in nothing but a towel. Other players on the team witnessed West in his towel as well.

As hot as the rumors started, they stopped and nothing else was said again, just about anywhere, TV, newspapers, magazines, or on internet news outlets.

Surprisingly, ESPN did not cover the story at all, and it has been revealed that they were told NOT to cover the story and all of their employees were instructed not to speak the Gloria James Delonte West rumors.

They have once again been told not to bring it up on tonightís LeBron announcement special on ESPN. They have flatly been told not to talk about it, mention it in any way, or even hint at it at all during the one hour special.

Apparently, according to ESPNís Colin Cowerd, the whole Lebronís mother situation has possibly influenced his decision on where to play basketball this upcoming season, and that as a favor to LeBron, the New York Post decided not to run the story.

When the story first broke in May, Terez Owens, a DJ on The Sportswire on ESPN radio, received a cease and desist order from LeBrons lawyer trying to squash the story.

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 04:07 AM
Hahahaha. Damn does West has some balls to open his mom's door with a towel on. Lebron must've did something to West, because he didnt even try and hide it. Man West shoulda got his *** beat, but I guess Lebron isnt that type of guy lol. Thats funny.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 04:10 AM
Ever wonder why does Delonte need to have his shotguns :rolleyes:

PraiseJesus
07-16-2010, 04:10 AM
LeBron and his mom have a weird relationship.

Its one of those situations where he raised her. She had him at 15 I think.

If anything I respect LeBron more for not getting all crazy about this. He has no control over what 2 adults want to do.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 04:25 AM
LeBron and his mom have a weird relationship.

Its one of those situations where he raised her. She had him at 15 I think.

If anything I respect LeBron more for not getting all crazy about this. He has no control over what 2 adults want to do.

Yeah, but... Really?? So this story really is true, huh?

sp1derm00
07-16-2010, 04:33 AM
I feel as bad as I could for a multi-millionaire whose on the way to becoming a billionaire.

I mean it, I do kinda feel for the guy. He's still a person, and if a teammate or friend had relations with your mom, you'd have a crisis also, no matter how rich you are.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 04:34 AM
I feel as bad as I could for a multi-millionaire whose on the way to becoming a billionaire.

I mean it, I do kinda feel for the guy. He's still a person, and if a teammate or friend had relations with your mom, you'd have a crisis also, no matter how rich you are.

True that... Shows how much of a ***** Delonte West is, probably just mad because he sucks and LeBron is so good.

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 04:36 AM
True that... Shows how much of a ***** Delonte West is, probably just mad because he sucks and LeBron is so good.

I think something is behind that. Its not right with what he did, but maybe Lebron and he was in some sort of a beef, because how do you answer his mom's door in nothing but a towel. I can understand if he was in there playing spades, but I dont think he was lol.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 04:38 AM
I think something is behind that. Its not right with what he did, but maybe Lebron and he was in some sort of a beef, because how do you answer his mom's door in nothing but a towel. I can understand if he was in there playing spades, but I dont think he was lol.

I see your point but at the same time, Delonte is obviously a troublemaker and I was thinking, maybe he just gets off on that kinda stuff. I mean.. it's gotta be kind of empowering to be gettin with "The King's" mom... Sick of him getting all the fame and fortune. It's possible that that was his sole motive. Not saying LeBron is incapable of wrongdoing, its just that I doubt he did something to deserve that.

lakerboy
07-16-2010, 04:46 AM
With all jokes aside, I feel awful for LBJ. I mean, imagine seeing your mother with a teammate or a friend. That's just so awful, and this is something he really doesn't have any control of.

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 04:51 AM
With all jokes aside, I feel awful for LBJ. I mean, imagine seeing your bother with a teammate or a friend. That's just so awful, and this is something he really doesn't have any control of.

I agree. My best friend and I joke about messing with each other's mom. He comes out the room and im cooking eggs buck naked in the kitchen like on Baby Boy lol. But we both have said, that we would fight each other if that really happened. its just some stuff you dont do and thats sleep with your friend's mom.

DfanAlways
07-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Or maybe Delonte and Gloria really like each other... ever thought about that....
LeBron is a cry baby anyways. It's not like him and Delonte were such great friends, like LeBron and Boobie Gibson. Plus, like previously stated... two grown adults. It is what it is. And maybe... Delonte thought it was room service or something bringing a night cap, bottle of bubbly...

Lebron's Mom is a young woman [39] and Delonte is 27... it's not that bad. Plenty of older women date younger guys. And usually.. when that happens, it's like a 40 year old cougar, dating a 24 year old stallion.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Ummm what the hell are you saying

A cougar... ummm what?

USMCLaker
07-16-2010, 06:23 AM
I was asked the same thing, sorry LBJ.

JasonJohnHorn
07-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Hey, if Gloria James made herself available to me, I'm not going to say no. They are consenting adults (if it is even true) and I doubt West would have been dumb enough to answer the door for LBJ naked save a towel. If he were anthing like me, he'd of jumped in the shower, pulled the curtain out and crouched until LBJ said his goodnights to his mom.

But regardless, that is no reason to leave a team. West isnt even that good and I think he has hurt the Cavs more than he has helped them, and shipping him out or buying out his contract wouldnt have been a problem for Cleveland brass if it meant keeping James.

I still have my doubts about this rumour.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 06:59 AM
^

I think Delonte West is the 2nd best player in the team, not freaking NoShow MO, Not inconsistent Jamison, not even Old Shaq-Fu

Especially when you take LeBron out of the picture, he performs very well as the shotclock expires.

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Man forget that consenting adults stuff. If that was my mom, like most of us, you aint dating her. I dont care what you or her says. Or West is gonna have to shoot me the one in the parking lot or practice court. You dont mess with a man's mom, especially when you're teammates or best friends.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 07:00 AM
^ True dat up man

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 07:01 AM
If I was Delonte, when Lebron came back to Cleveland. Everytime he'd miss or I make, I would whisper to him, "I banged your mom" then maybe i can get him out of his game or hit me, so they can lose the squad. Naw, I wouldnt be cold like that, but I bet it crosses Delonte's mind.

jeter 2
07-16-2010, 07:35 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510437&page=4

I posted it up last night. Please combine thread. Thank You.

spreadeagle
07-16-2010, 07:52 AM

co sign

AntiG
07-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Their not reporting on the incident with his mom is very similar to how CBS, NBC and ABC go about reporting the national news and refuse to report anything that hurts Obama's image, regardless if it is valid... they know what their cash cow is and don't want to hurt LeBron's image in any way.

Niro
07-16-2010, 08:04 AM
With all jokes aside, I feel awful for LBJ. I mean, imagine seeing your mother with a teammate or a friend. That's just so awful, and this is something he really doesn't have any control of.

this

o.reams2425
07-16-2010, 08:34 AM
I love it. Dont go out of your way to make sure the spot light is on you when you want it then call a lawyer when you dont. cant wait for the "Golria West" chants.

magichatnumber9
07-16-2010, 08:47 AM
O.k so Lebron does the 1 hour special so ESPN doesn't run the story about his mom. Very smart Lebron

m26555
07-16-2010, 09:21 AM
And this whole time, I thought this story was a joke.

prodigy
07-16-2010, 09:23 AM
I still don't believe the story. Really no hard facts. But its fun to think about lol.

m26555
07-16-2010, 09:26 AM
So you're saying Delonte West sat there and thought, "Damn; I hate it that LeBron is so good. I know! I'll bang his mom! That'll show him!"

carter80
07-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Their not reporting on the incident with his mom is very similar to how CBS, NBC and ABC go about reporting the national news and refuse to report anything that hurts Obama's image, regardless if it is valid... they know what their cash cow is and don't want to hurt LeBron's image in any way.

great post:clap:

Kleonidas
07-16-2010, 09:42 AM
If this is true and West was getting BJ's from LBJ's mom...The person to blame for this is Dan Gilbert...He should've fired West after the shotgun mishap.

69centers
07-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Makes you wonder what else the NY media my have had on Lebron, but kept it squashed because they wanted him to go to the Knicks. What is surprising, is that the stories on him aren't leaking out now, seeing NY no longer has any support for him.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 09:45 AM
So you're saying Delonte West sat there and thought, "Damn; I hate it that LeBron is so good. I know! I'll bang his mom! That'll show him!"

I think maybe his mom was giving him the eye and he thought, "He's my teammate, maybe I shouldn't... Nah, ******* that rich mother****er, I'll show him!"

That's the way to get him more than you ever could in any way imaginable...

xbrackattackx
07-16-2010, 09:47 AM
If I had Millions of dollars like him, I would just get the best shrink and go on with life. Then I would go buy lots of things I don't need.

h2r09
07-16-2010, 09:49 AM
good for espn. this is a story you just shouldnt cover. at least they still have a little journalistic integrity.

S-Dot
07-16-2010, 09:50 AM
I feel bad for LeBron in this situation. We all know how close he and his moms is as how irresponsible she can be at times. Even with the rumors, he stated his appreciation for his mother in "The Decision" special, and how he respects her opinion and advice.

I respect LeBron for handling the situation well because I'm sure it affected his playoffs performance. I hope the media doesn't look further into it.

But really Miss Gloria James and Delonte? I hope this isnt 100% true...possibly some sources are exagerrating the situation.

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Delonte West is a standup guy.

iamgointowin
07-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Espn has rules in its companies where their employees can not even interview on other sports media stations, they refused to leak the Ben rape story and a few other stories because they don't want to hurt the stars they like

Iron24th
07-16-2010, 10:07 AM
I still doubting this story,it seems unbelievable,but if it's true,LBJ is a little girl,I would have killed this punk.

Pistol_Pete
07-16-2010, 10:19 AM
good for espn. this is a story you just shouldnt cover. at least they still have a little journalistic integrity.

I agree with you on the point that some things are personal. But, let's say this is true. If it was true, then this could very possibly have been the reason:

- LeBron was "distracted" and the Cavs didn't make it to the finals
- LeBron left his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers
- LeBron didn't go to NY

Those are some pretty big items that need to be reported on. Unfortunately these guys live in the public eye (and are extremely well compensated for it).

But, if this was true, I'd think that some large reputable media outlet would have had to have mentioned it.

Jaji
07-16-2010, 10:23 AM
I still doubting this story,it seems unbelievable,but if it's true,LBJ is a little girl,I would have killed this punk.

Is he really a little girl for not killing someone? :eyebrow:

Raph12
07-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd say Lebron should've whooped Delonte's ***, but knowing Delonte, he'd probably grab those AKs and shoot LBJ's *** down.

SKINZ1017
07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
i just get tired of somehow someway lebron always gets some type of special protection

PhillySportFan
07-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Can't blame Bron for chillin with Jay Z and Beyonce and who know's who else at this party. Why wouldn't Delonte rather chill with them then LeBron's mom? Delonte has some issues.

rapjuicer06
07-16-2010, 10:30 AM
**** i think its funny as hell. i mean tiger woods whole entire life was publicized why the hell can lebron's lawyer put that out and tiger never could? i think theres more to it besides that. lebron probably knows a few thugs that helped handle the situation with the media

Statik1
07-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Delonte prolly answered the door strapped like..

West: Do we have a problem?

James: Uhhh no sir we dont....

West: You go on your way now, I need to get back to pounding out your mom. :D

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 10:59 AM
First of all, did LeBron did any moral crime here, compared to Kobe or Woods

Iron24th
07-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Is he really a little girl for not killing someone? :eyebrow:

Oh you're so sarcastic :rolleyes:

"killed" was just a term,not really mean "kill" but at least punch him like no one did it to him before,and you're probably going to say us that if a teammate bang your mother ,you'll thank him,please!

Da Knicks
07-16-2010, 11:31 AM

People want to crusify the guy for changing teams, yeah that would be the way to go. I feel awful for Lebron because rich people get it the worst Kobe, Jordan, Barkley, Tiger, Big Ben. I dont like the ego of none of those guys but they are still human and hurt when something like that happens. If this would of happened to me i would really be really hurt esp if it would of being a friend and my other friends knew about it.:facepalm:

the_jon
07-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Imagine if you were banging his mom and Lebron James comes knocking at 3 in the morning.... I'd be ******** my pants.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-16-2010, 11:48 AM
I agree. My best friend and I joke about messing with each other's mom. He comes out the room and im cooking eggs buck naked in the kitchen like on Baby Boy lol. But we both have said, that we would fight each other if that really happened. its just some stuff you dont do and thats sleep with your friend's mom.

ahahah me and ma friend joke about that all tha time... except she's cookin me breakfast, bucket neked...with heels on, bacon grease poppin on her ***** ahahaha

Klivlend
07-16-2010, 11:52 AM
I thought this was how Lebron hurt his elbow. I heard LBJ and Delonte got into a scuffle in the locker room before a game and LBJ hurt his elbow. This is a really old rumor, it was out during the playoffs...where were you guys?

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Never heard about that ^

Seriously

Shark
07-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I dont know if LeBron really would want to hurt Delonte.... I mean if it all worked out... LeBron would have to call him Daddy Delonte

Jays Claw
07-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Goes to show that ESPN will do anything to keep LeBron James' image clean.

anub!s
07-16-2010, 12:16 PM
west has no class. she's nasty :puke:

espn has no balls

SKINZ1017
07-16-2010, 12:18 PM
west has no class. she's nasty :puke:

espn has no balls

i'd hit her..:cool:

VIP1349
07-16-2010, 12:26 PM
There are some people you bang off precedent, LeBron's Mom is one of them.

I still can't believe that this rumor is still going, still don't believe it.

netsgiantsyanks
07-16-2010, 12:27 PM
espn didnt do anything because the whole espn staff is on lebron james dick. if it was some one like ron artest or rasheed wallace, they would still be bashing them to this day. but seriously, finding out your teammate is smashing your mom is messed up. but i respect lebron for keeping his cool. i would of beat his ***

Jaji
07-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh you're so sarcastic :rolleyes:

"killed" was just a term,not really mean "kill" but at least punch him like no one did it to him before,and you're probably going to say us that if a teammate bang your mother ,you'll thank him,please!

No, I wouldn't thank him. But I probably wouldn't go all out against Boston either. I'd probably be looking forward to finally getting out of that horrible city and playing for a team that can actually attract some talent. Hmmmm...

Oh yeah, and Delonte is known for toting kalachnikoffs. So I'd have to think twice before just punching him in the face.

netsgiantsyanks
07-16-2010, 12:29 PM
i wouldnt blame ron artest though if something like that happened to him, kobe's mom is sexy as hell

Klivlend
07-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Never heard about that ^

Seriously

Ya, but my sources instructed me not to speak to the media about it

Jack Daniels
07-16-2010, 12:40 PM
http://carltonjordan.com/files/images/2010/05/delonte-west_-zombie-takeover3.jpg
I came from the future, Gloria james, come with me if you want to live.

John408
07-16-2010, 12:46 PM
thats just straight up messed up with West did. thats another reason why i believe lebron left too. the team sucks and west was banging his mom.

LOL. so it is true...i thought this was only a rumor.

McPeak92
07-16-2010, 12:54 PM
so much for freedom of press

DITKA IS DRIVIN
07-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Lebron and Delonte....

:catfight: ===> :guns:===> :injury:

Lakersho
07-16-2010, 01:42 PM
If I was Delonte, when Lebron came back to Cleveland. Everytime he'd miss or I make, I would whisper to him, "I banged your mom" then maybe i can get him out of his game or hit me, so they can lose the squad. Naw, I wouldnt be cold like that, but I bet it crosses Delonte's mind.
...thats just to cool, make a shot , look at james and say who's yo daddy ? or that shot was tight , like your mom !!man , i'd beat his arse....

...miss me with integrity stuff, he's a cash cow. dont bash him or no more dumb assed lebron 's about to take a crap specials . bottom line is the $$$$$'s...

Goes to show that ESPN will do anything to keep LeBron James' image clean.

...golden boy , cash cow syndrome... my reaction to the answering the door in a towel , I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, I WOULD'VE BROKE MY FOOT OFF IN HIS HERPE's HAV'IN ARSE ... high road my arse , the better man , forgetaboutit, thats stompin time...

Tony_Starks
07-16-2010, 01:56 PM
I still find this hard to believe. When you have as many haters as Lebron does people will say and do anything to try to damage you. There's nothing to say this is legit besides some guys gossip.

Sucks that the nba reporting has turned into tabloid media and whats more people really fall for the bait....

Raps08-09 Champ
07-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I would have destroyed West.

That would be very distracting though. Especially during the playoffs.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-16-2010, 02:20 PM

:laugh:

Raoul Duke
07-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Okay, I officially believe that the rumor is true now.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Hot sauce in my bag

Iron24th
07-16-2010, 03:09 PM
No, I wouldn't thank him. But I probably wouldn't go all out against Boston either. I'd probably be looking forward to finally getting out of that horrible city and playing for a team that can actually attract some talent. Hmmmm...

Oh yeah, and Delonte is known for toting kalachnikoffs. So I'd have to think twice before just punching him in the face.

Lmao! If he was just wearing a towel,I don't think he would have took out a gun of the towel!So,I repeat I would have punched him like never!

KnickFanSince91
07-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I can't find the link where I read it but there was as a story floating around that Delonte West smashed Gloria James as payback. Apparently LeWade smashed his fiance last off season and thats when he went crazy riding around with the guns. Within a couple days of that gun incident, he also caught a domestic violence case. If it's true that would make a little more sense.

HachiGo
07-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Please... This is such a joke. Terez Owens is just a play off of Perez Hilton. It's a fake news story from a fake news reporter. It's supposed to be a joke. If you believe anything about this story you are pretty damn gullible

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Please... This is such a joke. Terez Owens is just a play off of Perez Hilton. It's a fake news story from a fake news reporter. It's supposed to be a joke. If you believe anything about this story you are pretty damn gullible

Naw it's a real story. Don't be so naive. Did Delonte get with your mom too or something?

Allstar21
07-16-2010, 03:49 PM
espn sucks

GOON MUSIC
07-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Imagine i was Lebrons peer and i was dickin down his moms

i'd LMAO in his face when i opened that door with nothin on but a towel

Drunk Kosar 19
07-16-2010, 04:00 PM
he was prob off hes meds and didnt know wtf was happening

dtmagnet
07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I can't believe Delonte did that to his friend, but he shouldn't have let that affect his decision.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-16-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't think Delonte could be any cooler. Donuts, KFC freestyles, gun in guitar case, strapped like the fuggin terminator, banging Stifler's mom. Dude is the shiat.

Allstar21
07-16-2010, 04:51 PM
somebody should legimatly confront ESPN

Did Lebron agree to do this special so that they would not run the Gloria James-Delonte West story?

Would people's opinions change of the special if Lebron was basically blackmailed into doing it?

Niro
07-16-2010, 06:16 PM
somebody should legimatly confront ESPN

Did Lebron agree to do this special so that they would not run the Gloria James-Delonte West story?

Would people's opinions change of the special if Lebron was basically blackmailed into doing it?

i could imagine something like this

Cromedome
07-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Nobody outside of Miami should give a **** about what Lebron is doing right now.

BobSagetSucks
07-16-2010, 06:28 PM
lol delonte west, playa

KnickVeteran
07-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Lebron probably won't never ever watch American Pie again lol

ARMIN12NBA
07-16-2010, 06:37 PM
A news station that doesn't report news due to agendas. Ridiculous.

smith&wesson
07-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Man forget that consenting adults stuff. If that was my mom, like most of us, you aint dating her. I dont care what you or her says. Or West is gonna have to shoot me the one in the parking lot or practice court. You dont mess with a man's mom, especially when you're teammates or best friends.

and what if lebrons mom really likes him ? what if lebrons mom hit on him ? what if they have feelings for eachother ?? i mean his moms a big woman and unless she is already married, how can lebron tell her who to see and not see ?

it is pretty messed up i agree with you. but were asuming that delonte is doing this out of spite or somthing. what if they are actually seeing eachother. i can see how it could bother lebron, but whats he gonna do ? lebrons gonna tel his mama dont see delonte anymore ? lol shes like 40 + year old woman.

all n all its pretty friggen messed up. what does delonte even see in her ? she nasty like.

The Raven
07-16-2010, 07:33 PM
ESPN practically kisses Lebron's ***