PDA

View Full Version : Should Kobe stick w/ Team USA?

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 03:54 AM
Since going pro, he only has ONE appearance for Team USA, then the minute Wade backs out, others start backing out. Difference is, these other players backing out ALREADY fulfilled their commitment to Team USA.

Kobe, on the other hand, is backing out for some excuse he's going to make up that people will believe. But we all know that he will be exposed since the "greatest player in the NBA" will show us he's not good enough to stick it out when the going gets tough. Lord knows his "legacy" can't afford that kind of slap from reality.

Should Kobe stick with Team USA this season to prove that he is as good as people think he is?

Hellcrooner
07-16-2010, 03:55 AM
he will play in london 12 so will the rest of the 08 team except kidd i guess.

Enemey
07-16-2010, 03:58 AM
Since going pro, he only has ONE appearance for Team USA, then the minute Wade backs out, others start backing out. Difference is, these other players backing out ALREADY fulfilled their commitment to Team USA.

Kobe, on the other hand, is backing out for some excuse he's going to make up that people will believe. But we all know that he will be exposed since the "greatest player in the NBA" will show us he's not good enough to stick it out when the going gets tough. Lord knows his "legacy" can't afford that kind of slap from reality.

Should Kobe stick with Team USA this season to prove that he is as good as people think he is?

We all know without kobe bron wade and bosh only got Bronze Medal:facepalm: . When Team USA was in trouble they need Kobe to save their *** and be Clutch. LMAO:laugh: . In the final game everyone including Lebron told kobe go Black Mamba on them and save us.

Why the hate on Kobe ? Are you trying to do what Wade was saying ? "Everyone should shoot at the lakers not us" Take pressure off the heat lol

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 03:58 AM
To the OP - you are a moron. Kobe does not need to prove ****. Your hate is obvious. A lot of Heat fans complain about the hate they get, but they are haters themselves. HYPOCRITES!!!

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 04:04 AM
I cant believe this dude actually posted this. And he has over 10,000 posts. Im shocked, but I guest some people ave to be haters. Gasol isnt playing basktball either, because he and Kobe have to rest up for the season. Especially Kobe, who had various injuries, plus a finger that may never be the sam,e, so he has to chill out for this summer. Big time hater.

Raoul Duke
07-16-2010, 04:04 AM

What? Dude, these guys are contractually bound to play in 82 games a year, plus playoff games. Some of them, Kobe included, are physically beaten down and need time to recover.

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 04:05 AM
It's time to prove that he is the player everyone thinks he is. But I knew from the minute Wade backed out, Kobe was long gone. He wouldn't stake his reputation on the line to show the world who the best is. He'd rather hide behind Shaq/Gasol, Phil Jackson, and his Lakers.

Could you imagine the damage his legacy would take if he couldn't lift Team USA?

Michael Jordan would've played on this Team USA to prove himself. He was fearless.

Enemey
07-16-2010, 04:09 AM
He has already proven it time and time again. No matter what he does people will hate on Kobe because simply put he is the best player and has 5 rings alongside Fish the most titles of among active players

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 04:09 AM
Really? Really? Gasol and Kobe has played the most basketball out of everybody in the league, for almost two years. Camp, preseason, regular season, Playoffs, Finals, three straight years, World Championships and Olympics. Get over yourself. Lost all respect from me.

RollinDeep
07-16-2010, 04:10 AM
There's these things called the finals kobe's constantly in. But the heat wouldn't know to much about that. Or lebron. Or bosh.

Playing hurt for years has earned him some time to rest up and get as healthy as possible.

LakerKB24Fan
07-16-2010, 04:11 AM

Wade came off the bench for Team USA to accommodate Kobe's :speechless: EGO:speechless: when CLEARLY he's been the SUPERIOR player since his second season, let alone on Team USA.

Bosh has no problems with playing second or 3rd fiddle.

Face it: these guys ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND CARE ABOUT WINNING ABOVE ALL.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. ;)

1) "IF HE WANTED TO" ... If Kobe wanted to, he could pass the ball and play defense. If Shaq wanted to, he could improve his free throw shooting. If Yao wanted to, he could stay healthy. See where this is going? LMAO @ "If he wanted to"

2) Please quote the part where I said I would not want Howard on my team. Couldn't find it huh? That's because I never said that.

Quit while you're ahead!

seriously man we get it, you hate kobe...

kArSoN RyDaH
07-16-2010, 04:14 AM
he is going to play in 2012 but right now hes not because he needs knee and finger surgery. so get your facts straight. kobe doesnt need to prove anything to anyone. he has the most rings amongst any active players. so all the other players need to prove something because they backed out too for reasons that arent bball related or health related.

The Raven
07-16-2010, 04:16 AM
Are you dumb or something? How much of an idiot can you be?

Kyben36
07-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Personaly, I would rather see the young guys in the NBA get a shot.

RollinDeep
07-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Are you dumb or something? How much of an idiot can you be?

Stupidity and hate have no bounds.

tribalpinoy
07-16-2010, 04:22 AM
since going pro, he only has one appearance for team usa, then the minute wade backs out, others start backing out. Difference is, these other players backing out already fulfilled their commitment to team usa.

Kobe, on the other hand, is backing out for some excuse he's going to make up that people will believe. But we all know that he will be exposed since the "greatest player in the nba" will show us he's not good enough to stick it out when the going gets tough. Lord knows his "legacy" can't afford that kind of slap from reality.

should kobe stick with team usa this season to prove that he is as good as people think he is?

u mad?

sp1derm00
07-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Uh, Kobe and Pau have a chance to do something special next season. They could possibly three-peat, and they're gonna need all the rest they can muster for it.

No other NBA players have played more basketball than Kobe and Pau in the past 3 years, with 3 Finals appearances in a row, along with the Olympics, which both were in the Gold Medal game.

They deserve a rest, especially with Kobe's finger and knee problems. Give it a break, this won't take any attention away from the hate-fest on your newest superstar.

shep33
07-16-2010, 04:28 AM
It's time to prove that he is the player everyone thinks he is. But I knew from the minute Wade backed out, Kobe was long gone. He wouldn't stake his reputation on the line to show the world who the best is. He'd rather hide behind Shaq/Gasol, Phil Jackson, and his Lakers.

Could you imagine the damage his legacy would take if he couldn't lift Team USA?

Michael Jordan would've played on this Team USA to prove himself. He was fearless.

Didn't Kobe already play on team USA, and basically won them that gold medal at the end of the game?

Here's a quick fact, Kobe has played more games, Olympic and regular season than Wade and Lebron have over the past 3 seasons. The guy was playing injured basically this whole year, why the heck aren't Wade and Lebron playing then if they're so much better than Kobe?.

Yeesh, 5 rings, 1 gold medal, 7 finals... he can retire now and go down as a top 10 player.

Tell Wade and James to go play together... oh yeah they did and got Bronze

junion
07-16-2010, 04:35 AM
hahah.. people are answering this guy like he wasn't trolling.

.. he is obviously saying everything people have been saying about lebron leaving cleveland and joining the heat... just in a different light and with kobe and the usa team.

haha.. and people fell for it.

LakersKB24
07-16-2010, 04:49 AM
Didn't Kobe already play on team USA, and basically won them that gold medal at the end of the game?

Here's a quick fact, Kobe has played more games, Olympic and regular season than Wade and Lebron have over the past 3 seasons. The guy was playing injured basically this whole year, why the heck aren't Wade and Lebron playing then if they're so much better than Kobe?.

Yeesh, 5 rings, 1 gold medal, 7 finals... he can retire now and go down as a top 10 player.

Tell Wade and James to go play together... oh yeah they did and got Bronze

As far as I remember, LeBron wanted to make a movie instead of playing for Team USA which clearly is a much more comprehensable reason than recovering from injuries :sigh:

lakerboy
07-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Hahaha. Kobe already won it with USA, won on his own, won and won and won. MVP, finals MVP, championship rings,. No need to prove anything. IMO, even Wade doesn't have much to prove. It's just LBJ.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 04:51 AM
If he's healthy enough, yeah. You should always jump at the opporitunity to represent your country like this.. It's okay though without the superstars, Durant and Granger got this!

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 04:53 AM
If he's healthy enough, yeah. You should always jump at the opporitunity to represent your country like this.. It's okay though without the superstars, Durant and Granger got this!

Wow. Granger is going? Thats actually not that bad. Who are the bigs? Is Dwight still gonna be there? I know Pau isnt playing, so we wont have to deal with that loaded Spain team as much.

MickeyMgl
07-16-2010, 04:56 AM

What in the heck is this rant about? Kobe isn't going to "make up" anything. He has been playing through significant, well-documented injuries that need to be addressed once and for all. Quit being stupid.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Wow. Granger is going? Thats actually not that bad. Who are the bigs? Is Dwight still gonna be there? I know Pau isnt playing, so we wont have to deal with that loaded Spain team as much.

Yep, he's there! As far as bigs go, Other than Brook Lopez I can't quite remember.. Is Amare on this? I can't remember where I saw the thread with the roster.

MickeyMgl
07-16-2010, 04:59 AM
It's time to prove that he is the player everyone thinks he is.

You missed the train. The reason everyone thinks it, is because he has already proven it, repeatedly.

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 05:04 AM
Yep, he's there! As far as bigs go, Other than Brook Lopez I can't quite remember.. Is Amare on this? I can't remember where I saw the thread with the roster.

I know Danny is quite talented, but I honestly havent seen him play much, so I cant wait to see him play with the US. I think Brook playing is also good, because he gets more experience and can work on his skill to help NJ to get deep into the playoffs. I would be suprised if Dwight doesnt show up. he could use the work as well.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Okay, heres a direct link from a site....

NBA.com confirms the following players will participate in the camp, which runs July 19-24: Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets), Tyson Chandler, Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Tyreke Evans (Sacramento Kings), Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies), Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers), Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers), Jeff Green (Oklahoma City Thunder), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers), David Lee (Golden State Warriors), Brook Lopez (New Jersey Nets),Robin Lopez, Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves), O.J. Mayo (Memphis Grizzlies), Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers), Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls), Amar’e Stoudemire (New York Knicks), Gerald Wallace (Charlotte Bobcats), and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder).

Pretty nice squad even though all the Superstars are sitting...

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 05:13 AM

NBA.com confirms the following players will participate in the camp, which runs July 19-24: Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets), Tyson Chandler, Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Tyreke Evans (Sacramento Kings), Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies), Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers), Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers), Jeff Green (Oklahoma City Thunder), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers), David Lee (Golden State Warriors), Brook Lopez (New Jersey Nets),Robin Lopez, Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves), O.J. Mayo (Memphis Grizzlies), Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers), Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls), Amar’e Stoudemire (New York Knicks), Gerald Wallace (Charlotte Bobcats), and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder).

Agreed. We will be able to get to the rack at will. Plus we have some size as well.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 05:16 AM
Agreed. We will be able to get to the rack at will. Plus we have some size as well.

I find it HILARIOUS how amazing our "B" team is... Durant is one of the only top notch players at his position in this group, besides Lopez and Rondo... and Rose..

To have these guys out and still have a "great" team...

PG- Paul/DWill
SG- Kobe/Wade/Johnson
SF- LeBron/Melo
PF- Bosh/Amare/(Duncan/KG are better than Love/Odom)
C- Howard

RollinDeep
07-16-2010, 05:24 AM

Durant's a beast. The USA is in good hands.

Enemey
07-16-2010, 05:24 AM

I could've i thought Dwill and CP3 said they were gonna join TEAM USA this year ...
Maybe they are and that list is just for tryouts only ?

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 05:29 AM
I could've i thought Dwill and CP3 said they were gonna join TEAM USA this year ...
Maybe they are and that list is just for tryouts only ?

No, that's the list... Google it if you want to see for yourself... http://www.nba.com/suns/news/lopez_release_100715.html

and there's an actual NBA.com link.. I'm not sure why they aren't playing.. Maybe becuase it's just FIBA and not the Olympics. It also seems like they are trying to get some more experience for these guys.

Enemey
07-16-2010, 05:35 AM
No, that's the list... Google it if you want to see for yourself... http://www.nba.com/suns/news/lopez_release_100715.html

and there's an actual NBA.com link.. I'm not sure why they aren't playing.. Maybe becuase it's just FIBA and not the Olympics. It also seems like they are trying to get some more experience for these guys.

Yeah i guess. Im excited about Curry and Evans playing with Durant.

USMCLaker
07-16-2010, 05:47 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, hurt his legacy. Wait, MUAAAAAAAAHHHh!!!

Nice try in your attempt to Lebronze him.

No, I can assure you his legacy will be quite operational.

I know exactly what you are trying to do. Knowing that he is banged up and that he needs some serious surgery and recovery time you try to start this ridiculousness about his legacy. Even Celtic fans wouldn't attempt these ridiculous tactics. Must be scared in Miami that even after acquiring the three head snake that you still might not win a title.

Enemey
07-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, hurt his legacy. Wait, MUAAAAAAAAHHHh!!!

Nice try in your attempt to Lebronze him.

No, I can assure you his legacy will be quite operational.

I know exactly what you are trying to do. Knowing that he is banged up and that he needs some serious surgery and recovery time you try to start this ridiculousness about his legacy. Even Celtic fans wouldn't attempt these ridiculous tactics. Must be scared in Miami that even after acquiring the three head snake that you still might not win a title.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: <----5 for 5 Rings

USMCLaker
07-16-2010, 05:54 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: <----5 for 5 Rings

lol, he said legacy.

He's so cute don't you just want to put him in your pocket.

mlisica19
07-16-2010, 06:21 AM
First off wade and james both stated at the same time that they don't think they will play this summer because they rather focus on free agency, and their nba career.

Kobe understands that if they don't play they will be well rested, and that's the last thing kobe wants to do is lose his title. At the same time, its harder for Kobe who is much older and already banged up. Remember his injuries he endured thoughought the entire past 2 years?

James and wade think there too good for team usa, if they got paid to do it I bet they would have no problem. Kobe was never asked to play for team usa until last olympics. Its a shame too see 2 young healthy elite players miss out for such a stpuid reason- which is why mike k said they will never play for him again if they miss it in august. I won't be surprised if this is another one of james and wades things, to get everyone riled up and then they will play and put on a show. I say make a deadline by late july. I say forget james and wade. We have plenty of great talent.

Plus I'm croatia, so I'm rooting for cro this summer to beat usa haha

mlisica19
07-16-2010, 06:21 AM
First off wade and james both stated at the same time that they don't think they will play this summer because they rather focus on free agency, and their nba career.

Kobe understands that if they don't play they will be well rested, and that's the last thing kobe wants to do is lose his title. At the same time, its harder for Kobe who is much older and already banged up. Remember his injuries he endured thoughought the entire past 2 years?

James and wade think there too good for team usa, if they got paid to do it I bet they would have no problem. Kobe was never asked to play for team usa until last olympics. Its a shame too see 2 young healthy elite players miss out for such a stpuid reason- which is why mike k said they will never play for him again if they miss it in august. I won't be surprised if this is another one of james and wades things, to get everyone riled up and then they will play and put on a show. I say make a deadline by late july. I say forget james and wade. We have plenty of great talent.

S-Dot
07-16-2010, 09:34 AM
I don't get the point of this thread. I'm not sure if its a Wade vs. Kobe debate.

All I know is that the real G.O.A.T. MJ only played in only one Olympics just like many other NBA greats, and that's no problem. Once you win gold as a team (which is more important than individual showcases in the Olympics) you have nothing else to prove.

To me its more important that players like KD, Brandon Roy, Rondo, Rose, etc. get a chance to win Gold in 2012. Its a memorable experience I'm sure.

AntiJordans
07-16-2010, 09:47 AM

Lmao ok seriously man im usually just scanning through the PSD forums never really bothering to post, but for this one occasion and my first post i have to ask you are ALL 10,000 of your posts this ********, and if they are where do i subscribe.

xbrackattackx
07-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Well 1 gold metal and Five Champs and he has to prove Himself? Really?

Kobe has to have like 30 surgerys on his finger and you want him to put it off another summer?

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Like I said earlier, if it was the Olympics, I'm sure these guys would be playing. But when you think about another 2 years until the next Olympics, I'm extremely curious as to if Kobe will play USA ball again... Like S-Dot said, he's got his one gold medal, just like many greats before, so it's far from mandatory. Especially with shooting guards like D-Wade, Brandon Roy and Joe Johnson.

NeutralFan
07-16-2010, 10:13 AM

you are truly a moron. He has a broken finger and has to rest up for yet another championship this year. The guy plays 100+ games a year.

Gibby23
07-16-2010, 10:26 AM

lol. Kobe has played until mid June the last 3 years, while Wade has been done by the end of April.

anub!s
07-16-2010, 10:34 AM
I cant believe this dude actually posted this. And he has over 10,000 posts. Im shocked, but I guest some people ave to be haters. Gasol isnt playing basktball either, because he and Kobe have to rest up for the season. Especially Kobe, who had various injuries, plus a finger that may never be the sam,e, so he has to chill out for this summer. Big time hater.

Off Topic

post count doesn't equate to a high intellect.

Quality > Quantity

/Off Topic

OP, :facepalm:

Seriously, :facepalm:

OP is scared, Kobe is resting and getting healthy. At least he didn't say "boo hoo, I got things to do with free agency so I can't represent my country boo hoo! ". Damn, that injury must hurt a lot.

David017
07-16-2010, 01:06 PM
@op

zzzzz

Jack Daniels
07-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Wow wade>you, please kill yourself, seriously if you need help I will be happy to lend a hand....

wallerstud06
07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
To Wade>You. Your obviously just on the Heat bandwagon and probably dont know to much about the sport of basketball. Wade is a hell of a player and def in the top 3 when healthy. But your riding him just a lil too much buddy. And Kobe is injured and is scheduled to have knee and finger surgery. So tell me how is he suppose to play with Team USA. Wade, Bosh, and LeBum opt out cause of their free agency not because of injury. Kobe hide behind Jackson and Gasol HAHAHAHAHA!!!...How many times have Kobe bailed out the Lakers over the years. Like i said Wade is a hell of a player but still takes a back seat to King Kobe.

Kobe4Life
07-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Can you heat fans be more predictable, keep talking just keep talking. 100% GARBAGE.

smith&wesson
07-16-2010, 01:27 PM

Umm kobe is trying to earn his 6th ring and is at an age where he needs to focus on the rest of his NBA career.

kobe doesnt have to prove anything! he has 5 rings! its already proven ... why are you, a heat fan of all ppl hating on kobe ? i dont get it. if kobe was going to miami would you have made this thread ?

d wade is a whole lot yonger the kobe why isnt he going to join the team again ?

uncleben989
07-16-2010, 01:29 PM

ahh heat fans, gotta love em:facepalm:

Raidaz4Life
07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
It's amazing how genuinely stupid some people are... There is absolutely no logic at all to the OP. None as a matter of fact all the logic points to Kobe NOT playing.

smith&wesson
07-16-2010, 01:46 PM
It's amazing how genuinely stupid some people are... There is absolutely no logic at all to the OP. None as a matter of fact all the logic points to Kobe NOT playing.

x10

Raps08-09 Champ
07-16-2010, 02:07 PM
We all know without kobe bron wade and bosh only got Bronze Medal:facepalm: . When Team USA was in trouble they need Kobe to save their *** and be Clutch. LMAO:laugh: . In the final game everyone including Lebron told kobe go Black Mamba on them and save us.

Why the hate on Kobe ? Are you trying to do what Wade was saying ? "Everyone should shoot at the lakers not us" Take pressure off the heat lol

Wade was the best player throughout the Olympic...

Where are you going?

Raps08-09 Champ
07-16-2010, 02:08 PM
The guy has 2 injuries to deal with. Give him a break.

And let other players have a chance at the International level.

Bruno
07-16-2010, 02:16 PM

Did you even watch the 2008 olympics? Anyone outside of Miami knows who took the gold medal game over. While your boys were standin' around Bryant was guarding their best perimeter player, and hit the shots in the finals minutes of the game, when it mattered.

Bryant is going to be 32, he's earned the right to take a summer off after playing on a broken finger, and a bad knee all season long (123 games).

If you actually cared about Team USA (which you don't- you only care about giving props to Wade) you'd want the younger players to get theirs during the off summers like this one. This is how we keep them primed and ready to take over when the vets step down. This is what it takes for a debacle like 2004 to never happen again. You do remember Olympics 2004, right?

numba1CHANGsta
07-16-2010, 02:18 PM
without Kobe, Spain would have won it in 08, this squad needs Kobe's experience and leadership, since Lebron will never be a leader anymore just a follower haha jk ;D

plpfctn
07-16-2010, 02:19 PM

I head Lebronze, Wade and Bosh we're begging Kobe to be on team USA because it's the only way they can win the gold medal.

Bruno
07-16-2010, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9-MNf2RO5k

Bruno
07-16-2010, 02:26 PM

2008 Gold Medal game vs. Spain. 2nd half. For all you history revisionists out there.

Da Knicks
07-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Close this down I dislike Kobe myself but the man is still in the top 5 in the nba no reason to prove himself. Plus it took Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Kidd, Bosh, CP3, Williams, Boozer, Prince, Melo dont know who i forgot to beat the Spanish team? The Stars from the U.S. couldnt beat Pau Gasol the only star of the spanish team. So tell me who is the player that proved himself mr. underrated, best big man in the league Pau Gasol....

**2nd_gunman**
07-16-2010, 03:11 PM
? Do you have a clue as to what u are sayin

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Kobe wouldn't step on the court if he thought people's perception of him as a great player would diminish.

Reference: not willing to be drafted by any team unless they traded him to the LAKERS, demanding trade, crapping on his GM and his players, pouting, NOT PLAYING FOR TEAM USA until they were on the verge of REDEMPTION, not playing for Team USA after WADE & OTHERS fulfilled their commitments.

Kobe is the most fabricated superstar this league has ever known.

/thread

ItsTheLastAce
07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37526308/sports/player_news

/thread

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Was Kobe having Knee Surgeries and other ailments in his 12 years before joining Team USA?

He's a fabricated superstar.

/thread

ItsTheLastAce
07-16-2010, 03:38 PM
how is he a fabricated superstar? because he doesn't play for your miami heat?

Raidaz4Life
07-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Was Kobe having Knee Surgeries and other ailments in his 10 years before joining Team USA?

/thread

dude chill out you called Kobe out because he wasn't participating on team USA this summer for "no reason" and then we give you a perfectly legitimate reason as to why he isn't (unlike your boy Wade) and you go off attacking his past absences from Olympics. How about you quit baiting and get a life.

MJ only competed for one Olympic team during his NBA career and you have absolutely no beef with that so obviously it must not be THAT important.

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 03:43 PM
how is he a fabricated superstar? because he doesn't play for your miami heat?

Uh, I thought I've explained it pretty well already, but here's one of my posts:

Kobe wouldn't step on the court if he thought people's perception of him as a great player would diminish.

Reference: not willing to be drafted by any team unless they traded him to the LAKERS, demanding trade, crapping on his GM and his players, pouting, NOT PLAYING FOR TEAM USA until they were on the verge of REDEMPTION, not playing for Team USA after WADE & OTHERS fulfilled their commitments.

Kobe is the most fabricated superstar this league has ever known.

/thread

8kobe24
07-16-2010, 03:47 PM

And you're serious too huh?:facepalm:

AntiJordans
07-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Was Kobe having Knee Surgeries and other ailments in his 12 years before joining Team USA?

/thread

Look out guys hes trying to /the tread after he was verbally stomped on for 4 pages

hahahahahhahahahahaha never seen this fool before in my life but hes coming out of the woodworks now with his 10k+ posts of pure glory

So why does kobe have to play when wade isn't playing either? i know this guy wont answer with logic but i cant even see his reasoning from the hater point of view.

Raidaz4Life
07-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Look out guys hes trying to /the tread after he was verbally stomped on for 4 pages

hahahahahhahahahahaha never seen this fool before in my life but hes coming out of the woodworks now with his 10k+ posts of pure glory

So why does kobe have to play when wade isn't playing either? i know this guy wont answer with logic but i cant even see his reasoning from the hater point of view.

Especially when Kobe has a legitimate reason and Wade doesn't.

8kobe24
07-16-2010, 03:49 PM

/thread

You might wanna do your homework before posting such BS...go ahead and prove yourself wrong.

redzone11
07-16-2010, 03:54 PM
This is the dumbest thread of all time, Kobe needs to play on the US team to prove himself. He plays 82 games a year?

Why would he play on a team with other superstars against inferior teams and not try when you could watch the NBA and figure out what kinda player he is.

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 03:57 PM
AntiJordans: The one closest thing to a valid argument I've seen was ItsTheLastAce with the article that Kobe gave his excuse to Jerry Colangelo that he *might* have right knee surgery.

Then again, why wasn't Kobe on Team USA when they needed him before? He joined Team USA when they were primed to win the Gold Medal just because it was the right time to fabricate that part of his legacy.

BTW: name calling and your opinions don't make a valid argument, which is why ItsTheLastAce was the only one to receive a response from me.

plpfctn
07-16-2010, 03:57 PM

/thread

we love your jealously. Lakers have 16 championships and Kobe has five and your princess lebronze medal has nothing. keep crying loser. :cry::cry::cry:

Highlight
07-16-2010, 03:58 PM
dude chill out you called Kobe out because he wasn't participating on team USA this summer for "no reason" and then we give you a perfectly legitimate reason as to why he isn't (unlike your boy Wade) and you go off attacking his past absences from Olympics. How about you quit baiting and get a life.

MJ only competed for one Olympic team during his NBA career and you have absolutely no beef with that so obviously it must not be THAT important.

Exactly.

The OP has no ground for his comments. This thread should have been closed a long time ago. I'm surprised it's still open.

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 04:01 PM
All I did was supply you with the facts. I'm guessing the truth hurts.

Kobe only joined Team USA when they were primed to win it all. Conveniently, in his 12 year career before that, he had no interested in serving his country.

Highlight
07-16-2010, 04:04 PM
AntiJordans: The one closest thing to a valid argument I've seen was ItsTheLastAce with the article that Kobe gave his excuse to Jerry Colangelo that he *might* have right knee surgery.

Then again, why wasn't Kobe on Team USA when they needed him before? He joined Team USA when they were primed to win the Gold Medal just because it was the right time to fabricate that part of his legacy.

BTW: name calling and your opinions don't make a valid argument, which is why ItsTheLastAce was the only one to receive a response from me.

In 2004 Kobe's trial was the same month of the Olympics from what I remember, so I don't know how the hell you expect him to play when that's going on. Why didn't you do some research before you made this thread. Everything is out there on the internet.

Raidaz4Life
07-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Kobe only joined Team USA when they were primed to win it all. Conveniently, in his 12 year career before that, he had no interested in serving his country.

once again why does it matter? How is this relevant to the initial discussion which (in case you can't seem to remember) was why isn't Kobe competing for Team USA this year.

Highlight
07-16-2010, 04:07 PM
once again why does it matter? How is this relevant to the initial discussion which (in case you can't seem to remember) was why isn't Kobe competing for Team USA this year.

Well someone gave him the facts, which is something he didn't want to hear, so he changed the subject.

Simple as that.

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 04:08 PM
In 2004 Kobe's trial was the same month of the Olympics from what I remember, so I don't know how the hell you expect him to play when that's going on. Why didn't you do some research before you made this thread. Everything is out there on the internet.Kobe was drafted in 96. That's 8 years before his 2004 trial.

Much props goes out to PAUL PIERCE and the other TRUE OLYMPIANS for taking the flak when Team USA wasn't primed to win it all. These guys served their country, not their egos and legacy.

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Wikipedia is your friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men%27s_national_basketball_team#200 2_USA_Men.27s_World_Championship_Team

2002 USA Men's World Championship Team

The 2002 team competed in the World Championship in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. Coached by George Karl, the team finished a surprisingly disappointing sixth in the competition.

Many other superstars, including Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, and Kevin Garnett, turned down invitations to play in that tournament.

AntiJordans
07-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Kobe was drafted in 96. That's 8 years before his 2004 trial.

Much props goes out to PAUL PIERCE and the other TRUE OLYMPIANS for taking the flak when Team USA wasn't primed to win it all. These guys served their country, not their egos and legacy.

I love how your sig contradicts itself. I mean all three of them fools can now shoot 6-24 in a game and expect to win. that made my day :clap:

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 04:16 PM
I love how your sig contradicts itself. I mean all three of them fools can now shoot 6-24 in a game and expect to win. that made my day :clap:Please, try to stick to the topic. You can PM me any comments on my sig.

mamba24
07-16-2010, 04:21 PM

you are such an idiot lol... wade lebron and bosh all said tey were out due to the free agency stuff... thats a load IMO. they still couldve played. Kobe didnt back out cuz he was scared. Hes got a bad ankle, bum knee and basically 2 broken fingers on his shooting hand. dude needed a break. ur just gonna argue all that. so that wasnt even worth my time... just wait till the playoffs and the heat have to play the celtics and the magic and the lakers... they wont win it all...

mamba24
07-16-2010, 04:26 PM

dude... kobe doesnt just ride other people's talents to win... he is no wade bosh or letraitor. to even say you provided facts simply shows u dont know what a fact is. this is all purely opinion. u have no idea what went into his decisions to not play for team usa. u really are a complete moron

8kobe24
07-16-2010, 04:26 PM

ok

dtmagnet
07-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Was this created to bait Laker fans? Kobe did a lot for USA basketball, they would not have won gold without him.

Chacarron
07-16-2010, 04:32 PM
In before close :phew:

mamba24
07-16-2010, 04:33 PM

great link!

Gibby23
07-16-2010, 04:35 PM

lol.. They were primed to win it all when Lebron,Wade, and Bosh brought home the Bronz. Kobe plays more basketball than the guys on team USA, he has been playing in June 6 out of the last 12 years you speak of. Kobe came on board because these clown lacked leadership and even Wade,Melo, and Lebron say they learned alot from Kobe.

Enemey
07-16-2010, 04:35 PM
I think he is mad because Coach K called out Wade and Lebron James lmao

JNA17
07-16-2010, 04:56 PM
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af116/Solid-Win/xb9yt0jpg.gif

numba1CHANGsta
07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
96-Kobe was a rookie
00-Kobe was barely breaking out
04-Kobe had trial dates for scandel in Eagle Rock
08-Kobe in his prime, wins Gold
12-Kobe will play the role of leadership such as what Kidd played couple of years ago

Frezhnitz
07-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Stupid. Kobe needs rest.

boolish
07-16-2010, 05:17 PM

haha I laugh at this idea. he has zero to prove. the nba is so deep with team usa material they can put 30 guys out there who can do the job. you think drose and dwill are chopped liver. the old guard did their job. it's time for a new breed. kobe resting up cuz he gonna put a whooping on some pretenders from Miami.

Avenged
07-16-2010, 05:26 PM

:confused:

You mention Wade backed out. Then you say Kobe backed out. You go on to mention Kobe backed out because of his legacy but you don't mention anything about Wade..

Seriously... Wade has a lot more to prove than Kobe.

I really don't understand why this is open, I guess the mods missed it.

SiR Lakers III
07-16-2010, 05:46 PM

Wow. Did Jordan ever play for Team USA without MAGIC BIRD BARKLY ETC? Yeah you're an idiot.