PDA

View Full Version : Miami Can Beat Miami: 9 reasons why the Heat will Fail

Kobe5RingKing
07-16-2010, 03:21 AM
1- Envy Finals MVP

If this team somehow wins a championship after its first season together, somebody's got to be the Finals MVP. Chances are it will be Dwyane Wade. It's his team, and he is going to be the leader of the Heat this year.

Is LeBron going to enjoy being the guy in the background to Wade? No. He's going to absolutely hate it. Once he realizes he isn't "The Guy" in Miami, he will see that winning a championship as just being one of the guys isn't as sweet. Not as sweet as, say, winning in Chicago.

This envy wouldn't take place until a championship is won or an MVP award is given. It would be interesting to see how LeBron reacts to not being the most liked or most valuable player to a team.

2-Injuries

The bench for the Heat is expected to be one of the worst in the league. Wade, James, and Bosh can't play all 48 minutes, but are expected to play 40-plus minutes each.

This lack of rest could lead to fatigue, and eventually injury. Bringing out a player for a long rest will result in almost automatic defeat

3- No One Will Take Blame

LeBron never accepted responsibility when things were going wrong in Cleveland. He would say the cliché "It's my fault," but behind closed doors, he was blaming teammates and coaches left and right. Bosh was just as bad in Toronto.

These guys have never taken the full blame; people always blamed it on the awful teams surrounding James in Cleveland and Bosh in Toronto. This team won't win 82 games, and who's going to say it's his fault after the first loss? After a three-game losing streak? What if this team loses six or so in a row?

Wade will take the blame because it has been his team, but he can only take so much before others need to accept responsibility. This is going to become a big issue that will affect them in the locker room and eventually on the court.

4- Weak at Point Guard

Mario Chalmers is an average point guard in the NBA. He surely hasn't been bad, but he hasn't proven himself in this league, yet. He's only been in the league two years, so it's asking a lot of a guy to say he has to be an All-Star by now.

Still, if the Heat want to be champions, they need a better point guard than Mario Chalmers. Rajon Rondo tore Chalmers apart in the playoffs, and there's no reason why Derrick Rose and Jameer Nelson can't do it this year. Again, the lack of cap comes back to hurt the Heat in another way.

5- Weak at Center

Currently, the Miami Heat only have one true center on their roster. That center is rookie Dexter Pittman out of the University of Texas. Pittman, a 6'10, 303-pound senior, lost a lot of weight but was still not a star in college.

He is not projected to be a star in this league, and many analysts don't see Pittman matching up well against the top centers in the East like Dwight Howard and Kendrick Perkins

Udonis Haslem, they may use him at center where he played in 2007-2008. Still, the Heat don't have enough money to sign a center that can stop the dominant big men in the Eastern Conference.

6- Coaching

When the playoffs come around, coaching matters a whole lot more than it did in the regular season. The Cavaliers have had the best regular season record in the NBA the last two seasons, but haven't made it to the finals partly due to inexperienced coach Mike Brown.

The Atlanta Hawks had a very good team but a not-so-good coach in Mike Woodson. Both of these coaches were fired because they didn't do what they should have done with good teams.

Erik Spoelstra is as inexperienced as they get. He has never won a playoff series, and if the Heat keep Spoelstra, there is no way that this team gets by Doc Rivers and the Celtics or Phil Jackson and the Lakers.

7- No Room for Future First Round Picks and young Players

With so much money invested in so few players, it's highly unlikely that the Heat will be able to afford contracts for first round picks. Assuming this is the case, the Heat might not have any young talent once the trio's contracts expire.

This pretty much means win now for the Heat because it's going to be a long couple of years after the Big Three leave

8- Bullseye on Their Foreheads

It doesn't matter that the Lakers just won the championship. The Heat are the team to beat.

NBA players have heard enough of all this LeBron talk, and the fact that this Heat team has apparently already won it according to many means that every opponent has something to prove. Everyone in the league is going to give an extra effort against Miami. They want to take down this trio, and show that this isn't the only team in the league.

9- Big Egos

The "Big Three" in Miami are not used to sharing the spotlight. The All-Star and Olympic teams don't count. I'm talking about a full season. Year in and year out, these guys have been the most popular athlete in their respective city.

Now they'll have to share the popularity with not one other star athlete but with two. It's not long before a perfect situation turns ugly and the controversy in the locker room begins.

ldc62
07-16-2010, 03:24 AM
You took everything that people have said over the past weeks and formed it into your own list.... You're so smart!!!:rolleyes:

tdunk21
07-16-2010, 03:28 AM
weak point guard, center and no future picks is what really hurts miami without some talent around these 3 guys.....i dnt know...but lets see what they got....

GOON MUSIC
07-16-2010, 03:29 AM
some things you mention seem contradicting to other things you mention

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 03:30 AM
MIA will be fine. But they're not invincible. If they lose, I think it will be because they got outplayed - the same reason every other team loses.

smith&wesson
07-16-2010, 03:31 AM
coaching ?? spolstra is a good coach and has pat riley to refer too.

also, who cares man.. its not like we can celeberate the miami heats failure.. true ?? i mean whos gonna hate that hard. just let it be man. you know your gonna watch heat games.

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 03:35 AM
LoL keep telling yourselves that it's going to be alright. Whatever helps you sleep at night!

TheHeat3
07-16-2010, 03:43 AM
This pretty much means win now for the Heat because it's going to be a long couple of years after the Big Three leave

Of course this means Win Now.... isn't that the whole reason why we got them and why they chose to come here in the first place? :facepalm:

Wade>You
07-16-2010, 03:44 AM
Wade came off the bench for Team USA to accommodate Kobe's :speechless: EGO:speechless: when CLEARLY he's been the SUPERIOR player since his second season, let alone on Team USA.

Bosh has no problems with playing second or 3rd fiddle.

Face it: these guys ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND CARE ABOUT WINNING ABOVE ALL.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. ;)

shep33
07-16-2010, 03:46 AM
I'm a Laker fan and I ain't gonna argue, the Heat have 3 of the best players in the game. I can't stand any of them but they're still great players.

However, their biggest weakness is the center and pg positions, plus their big 3 will have to guard the best players on the other teams. They can't tell Anthony Parker, Dorell Wright or whoever to go take the other teams superstar because really all 3 of them are out on the court together.

If they play the Celtics, LBJ has to guard Pierce, Wade has to guard Ray, which is harder than people think, its exhausting chasing him around, Chalmers has to guard Rondo, and Bosh has to bang with Perkins, O'neal, KG, Davis, etc.

To me a healthy Celtics team causes a huge problem for the following reasons:

-Rondo... you know his jumper will be somewhat better next season, and is going to outdo Chalmers
-Ray Allen will make Wade or James chase him around most of the game, very very tiring, and these guys usually aren't the ones to do it when asked in previous seasons
-Bosh's big game inexperience- He doesn't know what playoff ball is about yet, sure he played the Nets with no bigs in the playoffs and a young D12 in which they lost in 5, but he has no idea whats coming to him in meaningful deep playoff games. KG, Perkins, O'neal, Davis, and maybe Sheed will shut him down, I don't think there is any question about that. So when Bosh is struggling the Heat will have 0 frontcourt help... this is probably my biggest concern with them. Very thin and soft upfront. Haslem even struggled against the Celts in the playoffs, putting in worse numbers than his season averages. Illgauskas can't log long minutes anymore, and he's not a shot blocker or imposting defensive player.

So in general, biggest concern for these guys is their frontcourt. If Bosh struggles offensively, and we know he's not a good defender at all, then who steps up for the Heat upfront?

Of course we can always say Wade and Lebron will just carry them, but at the same time you'd literally have to get 65 points from them in some games if Bosh and Miller struggle. That's quite a bit and you know teams will be forcing them to stay on the perimeter during the playoffs for the most part.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Who even said that we will ever start Chalmers every game
When you can have Bron Bron or Wade at Point

Also LOL CHRIS BOSH struggling offensively?
Yes with bunch of Sissy EuroPlayers in Toronto, opponents only focus on him.

Remember dont look at this players of Heat as individuals rather how they perform at given various situations

_KB24_
07-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Still have my doubts on this team. Magic, Boston, and my wild card for this year: Chicago in the East will give them a difficult time.

Mudvayne91
07-16-2010, 03:53 AM
Wade came off the bench for Team USA to accommodate Kobe's :speechless: EGO:speechless: when CLEARLY he's been the SUPERIOR player since his second season, let alone on Team USA.

I guarantee you're in a small minority in thinking Wade is better than Kobe. I'm all about homerism too, but idk about that.

Cano4prez
07-16-2010, 03:55 AM
coaching ?? spolstra is a good coach and has pat riley to refer too.

also, who cares man.. its not like we can celeberate the miami heats failure.. true ?? i mean whos gonna hate that hard. just let it be man. you know your gonna watch heat games.

Respect

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Who even said that we will ever start Chalmers every game
When you can have Bron Bron or Wade at Point

Also LOL CHRIS BOSH struggling offensively?
Yes with bunch of Sissy EuroPlayers in Toronto, opponents only focus on him.

Remember dont look at this players of Heat as individuals rather how they perform at given various situations

They have not played a game - what situations have these guys performed in together? :facepalm:

Raoul Duke
07-16-2010, 04:06 AM
They'll be fine. Bosh is such a non issue that it's not even funny. He can finally get his numbers quietly and not have to worry about being criticized for not dominating or being a leader.

TheHeat3
07-16-2010, 04:11 AM
They have not played a game - what situations have these guys performed in together? :facepalm:

Well exactly.. they haven't played an NBA game together. So how about people stop saying they can't play or work together (Not saying you're accusing them of not working well together, I'm just tired of seeing the same excuse over and over). It's about as useless as determining the impact and how good a rookie will be in the NBA when they haven't played a minute yet.

ntat
07-16-2010, 04:13 AM
Still have my doubts on this team. Magic, Boston, and my wild card for this year: Chicago in the East will give them a difficult time.

Way to go out on a limb and pick a team no one is talking about. I bet u pick Gonzaga as ur sleeper every year for the past 10 yrs too.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Whoop dee doo another ****ing Miami Heat thread...

I hate how people are putting so much value on our PGs and Cs. WE HAVE 2 OF THE 3 BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD ON ONE TEAM. Isnt that enough already?! Then you add Bosh to the equation and you would expect someone to realize we dont need much else other than role players. Not only did we accomplish that, but we exceeded expectations by adding both Haslem and Miller to the bench. Is that enough? Obviously not, we need a big... We get Z. "They still need another big and a better PG". WTF do you expect the Heat to do in one offseason people? This isnt an all star team. No team (except Lakers) have what you guys expect us to have. If we would bring in CP3 and Howard you guys will still try to find problems with our team.

Sorry that was my rant of the day :o

tdunk21
07-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Way to go out on a limb and pick a team no one is talking about. I bet u pick Gonzaga as ur sleeper every year for the past 10 yrs too.

y dont u tell him a team to pick and he will pick that exactly......lmao

JSpann13
07-16-2010, 04:37 AM
umm you do know that the balls gonna be in lebrons hands mostly right...he sees the floor better then most pg so all this he is a side kick **** is dumb wade knows lebron is a overall better player then him he knows that they will have a equal role in the leadership department....dumbass

Niro
07-16-2010, 07:55 AM
you can sign your first round picks ALL THE TIME...you can be 48537394830948$ over the cap but you can still sign your rookies, its a salay cap exeption ;)

miami traded like 3 or 4 future first round picks though

ATX
07-16-2010, 08:15 AM
I have to go to work and don't have time to point out the MANY flaws in that first post, but wow. I can give you you a list too for any team (Just name one) filled with b.s. speculations, assumptions, opinions, bias, and jealousy.

Badluck33
07-16-2010, 08:15 AM
I think in 3 years when LeBron James opts out he will realize that he made a mistake.

Ariza's Better
07-16-2010, 08:19 AM
did'nt they just sign big Z? how can they be weak at the center. he is still a pretty good player.

Geargo Wallace
07-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Shut Up!

J-Relo
07-16-2010, 08:48 AM
1. I don't see them competing against each other, both of them (Wade and Lebron) will keep the high level of game they're known of. I see them both having very similar numbers. Also i wouldn't be surprised if Lebron gets a slightly bigger role.

2. Fatigue will be a strong factor. As always. All three of them gave all of it to their teams last 7 years. Having a guy like Lebron on your side (or vice versus) will only help. Howard and Ilgauskas are quite old and the injury risk for them is bigger but they are role players, for some short period Heat may definitely live without them.

3. Are you an insider to blame players like that? Also it's a team sport, the whole team takes the blame.

4. Chalmers is a decent player, still has room to develop. There are no better point guards on the market right now. That may hurt, but it's normal to have weak sides. Every team has them.

5. Ilgauskas brings some size, Pittman might be better than we thought. Anthony is a decent center.

6. Spoelstra is good and there is also such a guy called Pat Riley.

7. They will have room for rookies ans vets.

8. "Everyone in the league is going to give an extra effort against Miami." :eyebrow: not.

9. Should I start taking about the EGO a kid from chicago had?

Ragun
07-16-2010, 09:54 AM
this is what people said about the celtics but look what ended up happening?

bosh and lebron know they arent "the guy" in miami and it is wade's team. they would of obviously known that before they signed with the heat.

NBA-GMaster
07-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Its too early to judge them like that.. We havent seen them play..

NBA-GMaster
07-16-2010, 10:09 AM
The only thing that bothers me is the coaching..
Finals MVP?? Wade will let LeBron gets his finals MVP.. Wade already had one..

td0tsfinest
07-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I don't think they are expected to play 40+ minutes each. If these guys do live up to the expectation, they'll probably breeze past some of the lower level talents in the league, giving them ample time to rest.

They maybe weak at the point but this team could easily push wade to the one and put in Barnes/Miller. Allowing Wade and Lebron to run the offense, Wade would be eventually guarding Jameer, Rondo or Rose.

Ego is really the biggest concern. One of these guys is going to be in the limelight and is going to get more praise than the other two. These guys have said the right things so far but lets see if they can actually do it.

Dallas Tx4Life
Its too early to judge them like that.. We havent seen them play..

Yeah, it's kind of going out on a limb... But so is saying they will win for the next 6 years.

Iron24th
I take the 5,6,7 and 9 reasons,cause it's probably what will happen.

Jaji
07-16-2010, 10:21 AM
You took everything that people have said over the past weeks and formed it into your own list.... You're so smart!!!:rolleyes:

Not quite.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/418198-10-reasons-why-the-miami-heat-will-fail

Completely plagiarized. He did leave one reason off so does that make it original? NO!!!

Joe09
07-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I guarantee you're in a small minority in thinking Wade is better than Kobe. I'm all about homerism too, but idk about that.

I cant believe he said that either...kobe>>>wade

kobe 5 rings
wade 1

kobe=legend
wade=lebrons dad

Homer. lol

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Not quite.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/418198-10-reasons-why-the-miami-heat-will-fail

Completely plagiarized. He did leave one reason off so does that make it original? NO!!!

What a find! Lol @ switching them up a little and leaving one off..

effen5
07-16-2010, 10:44 AM

lmao

blastmasta26
07-16-2010, 10:58 AM
1- Envy Finals MVP

If this team somehow wins a championship after its first season together, somebody's got to be the Finals MVP. Chances are it will be Dwyane Wade. It's his team, and he is going to be the leader of the Heat this year.

Is LeBron going to enjoy being the guy in the background to Wade? No. He's going to absolutely hate it. Once he realizes he isn't "The Guy" in Miami, he will see that winning a championship as just being one of the guys isn't as sweet. Not as sweet as, say, winning in Chicago.

This envy wouldn't take place until a championship is won or an MVP award is given. It would be interesting to see how LeBron reacts to not being the most liked or most valuable player to a team.

2-Injuries

The bench for the Heat is expected to be one of the worst in the league. Wade, James, and Bosh can't play all 48 minutes, but are expected to play 40-plus minutes each.

This lack of rest could lead to fatigue, and eventually injury. Bringing out a player for a long rest will result in almost automatic defeat

LeBron never accepted responsibility when things were going wrong in Cleveland. He would say the cliché "It's my fault," but behind closed doors, he was blaming teammates and coaches left and right. Bosh was just as bad in Toronto.

These guys have never taken the full blame; people always blamed it on the awful teams surrounding James in Cleveland and Bosh in Toronto. This team won't win 82 games, and who's going to say it's his fault after the first loss? After a three-game losing streak? What if this team loses six or so in a row?

Wade will take the blame because it has been his team, but he can only take so much before others need to accept responsibility. This is going to become a big issue that will affect them in the locker room and eventually on the court.

4- Weak at Point Guard

Mario Chalmers is an average point guard in the NBA. He surely hasn't been bad, but he hasn't proven himself in this league, yet. He's only been in the league two years, so it's asking a lot of a guy to say he has to be an All-Star by now.

Still, if the Heat want to be champions, they need a better point guard than Mario Chalmers. Rajon Rondo tore Chalmers apart in the playoffs, and there's no reason why Derrick Rose and Jameer Nelson can't do it this year. Again, the lack of cap comes back to hurt the Heat in another way.

5- Weak at Center

Currently, the Miami Heat only have one true center on their roster. That center is rookie Dexter Pittman out of the University of Texas. Pittman, a 6'10, 303-pound senior, lost a lot of weight but was still not a star in college.

He is not projected to be a star in this league, and many analysts don't see Pittman matching up well against the top centers in the East like Dwight Howard and Kendrick Perkins

Udonis Haslem, they may use him at center where he played in 2007-2008. Still, the Heat don't have enough money to sign a center that can stop the dominant big men in the Eastern Conference.

6- Coaching

When the playoffs come around, coaching matters a whole lot more than it did in the regular season. The Cavaliers have had the best regular season record in the NBA the last two seasons, but haven't made it to the finals partly due to inexperienced coach Mike Brown.

The Atlanta Hawks had a very good team but a not-so-good coach in Mike Woodson. Both of these coaches were fired because they didn't do what they should have done with good teams.

Erik Spoelstra is as inexperienced as they get. He has never won a playoff series, and if the Heat keep Spoelstra, there is no way that this team gets by Doc Rivers and the Celtics or Phil Jackson and the Lakers.

With so much money invested in so few players, it's highly unlikely that the Heat will be able to afford contracts for first round picks. Assuming this is the case, the Heat might not have any young talent once the trio's contracts expire.

It doesn't matter that the Lakers just won the championship. The Heat are the team to beat.

NBA players have heard enough of all this LeBron talk, and the fact that this Heat team has apparently already won it according to many means that every opponent has something to prove. Everyone in the league is going to give an extra effort against Miami. They want to take down this trio, and show that this isn't the only team in the league.

9- Big Egos

The "Big Three" in Miami are not used to sharing the spotlight. The All-Star and Olympic teams don't count. I'm talking about a full season. Year in and year out, these guys have been the most popular athlete in their respective city.

Now they'll have to share the popularity with not one other star athlete but with two. It's not long before a perfect situation turns ugly and the controversy in the locker room begins.

1. No one on the Heat is gonna get regular season MVP because their stats will decline. So, if one of them gets Finals MVP, it will mean they won the title, which means they succeeded. Maybe they have problems after that, but they won the title which means they're not failing.

2. All three of them are young or in their prime, and sure their bench isn't great but they can provide rest for these guys. Plus, if they have a lot of blowout wins, which is very likely, the starters will get their rest.

3. I don't think accountability is going to prevent them from succeeding. That's a reach in my opinion.

4. You don't need Chalmers to be an All-Star. Same exact situation with Rondo and Boston in '08. Chalmers can really just focus on hitting open shots and defense. Even if he gets killed on D, it doesn't matter, who on the other team can make up for LBJ, Wade, and Bosh?

5. They are weak at center, I think this is a legitimate point.

6. Coaching is fine, Riley will definitely help in some form.

7. Obviously, this is a win now move. Besides, that won't happen until 5-6 years from now. Also, this doesn't prevent the Heat from currently succeeding so it's an irrelevant point.

8. Bullseye on their foreheads? You mean the same one the Lakers had last year after winning a title? Well, the Lakers repeated anyway. This makes no difference whatsoever.

9. This is also possible, but it will definitely work for at least a while since they are all friends. So again, this doesn't affect their failure or success.

Your only real point was the lack of a center for Miami, and that could hurt them come playoff time. But with their talent in other spots, it's very likely they could compensate. Look, I'm no Miami fan, but these points really are not good at proving Miami will fail. You're delusional if you think they won't be very successful.

CALIABQLKRS
07-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Haha!! Already coming up with excuses, just in case they dont win.. People who think MIA are the favorites dont know anything about basketball... The season is long! Things happen.. These guys have never played together before, (team usa doesnt count ) we dont know about chemistry yet. These guys have the top 5 biggest egos in the nba. Please dont compare them to boston. Cuz the bos trio were mature when they got together. These guys still have alot of growing up before they can win a ring.

HiphopRelated
07-16-2010, 12:15 PM
I saw a list of hopes and dreams rather than reasons

TheTakeOver24
07-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I saw a list of hopes and dreams rather than reasons

lmao exactly what I was thinking!:clap:

Russell_Roberts
07-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I know 9 reason why this thread should be deleted!

justinnum1
07-16-2010, 12:23 PM
:facepalm: You couldn't even get the facts right in there. Kobe Homer.

uncleben989
07-16-2010, 12:28 PM

lol realy? :facepalm:

lavilevi23
07-16-2010, 12:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH fcking hater

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Here is a legitimate argument that I came up with on my own:

Lakers vs Heat Analysis:
Lakers
PG - Fisher / Blake
SG - Kobe
SF - Artest
PF - Gasol
C - Bynum

Heat
PG - Chalmers
SG - Wade
SF - Bron-bron
PF - Bosh
C - Z

The Heats lineup (and team are not set) but the only other thing I could see is moving Miller into the starting lineup and going with Wade at the 1 Bron at the 2 and Bosh at C and Haslem at the 4. For this argument let's go with the first lineup I listed.

As talented as the Heat are as individual players, the Lakers starting lineup provides a more balanced and overall attack defensively and offensively. Position by position, the Lakers have the Heat beat in every position defensively. Lebron and Wade are excellent defenders, but neither are at Kobe and Artests level. Wade has never been an NBA All-Defensive First teamer, and Lebron only made the All-Defensive First team last year. Kobe is a perennial winner, and Artest has won multiple times. Whoever starts alongside Bosh (Haslem / Z) will not be as good as the Bynum / Gasol combo defensively. I don't even need to talk about Mario Chalmers....

Offensively, the only position that the Heat are better (and significantly better they are) is at SF. I think most people would put Kobe ahead of DWade offensively, but I think Wade has some good game, so for the purposes of this analysis, let's say that they are even at that position. Again, I am not even going to talk about Mario Chalmers and Fisher / Blake. As for PF, Gasol has more in his arsenal than Bosh, but Bosh is probably more athletic. I think most people would put Gasol ahead of Bosh offensively, but let's say they are equal again. At Center, Bynum is light years ahead of Z, Haslem, or whoever else they plug and play at the 5.

That leaves us with the Lakers PG and C better offensively than the Heat, but the Heat SF much better offensively than the Lakers. Do these even out? Considering Lebron's talent, most people would say no, but I think that if Bynum is 100% it does even out. For the purposes of this argument let's say it doesn't even out and that the Miami Heat are better offensively, but not by much.

Even if the Heat are better offensively, they are arguably worse defensively, and cannot even compare to the Lakers on the boards. As for the benches, the Heat don't have anyone close to Odom's talent, but I won't sell the Heat short, they are putting together a better bench than I originally thought they would be able to.

All in all, Lakers win a 7 game series against the Heat.

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 12:36 PM
im so tired of ppl talking about the bench players that are going o get 6 mins a game... IT DOES NOT MATTER.... this team will dominate... thats it no if ands or buts about it

HiphopRelated
07-16-2010, 12:37 PM
neither of those starting lineups will close the game

At the end it will be

Wade
Miller
Bron
Haslem
Bosh

vs.

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Pau

that's @ cimos

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 12:39 PM
and stop saying bosh at C, not happening! do u guys for get that we have 2... not 1.. but 2 mj like players? one 1 team? do u not realize bosh who we be a number one guy on most teams is our number 3? oh yea.... AND THEIR ALL IN THEIR PRIME!!!!

DWills
07-16-2010, 12:40 PM
lol thread

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2010, 12:41 PM

:facepalm:

Just to Wade being better than kobe. Didn't bother with the rest.

td0tsfinest
07-16-2010, 12:42 PM
lol realy? :facepalm:

technically they do care about winning more than anything else. Thats why they took the easy route and came together. Its all about championships with these 3 guys, not just one but multiple.

Bring The Heat
07-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't think saying Wade>Kobe is a stupid statement at all... The only reason you can say Kobe is better is because he has more rings... But that is obviously due to the fact hes had a better team most of his career... Dude had the most dominant big man in the game by his side right when he came in the league... and of course hes been in the game longer...

As far as skill and all around game and efficiency.... Wade is right there with him... in my opinion

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't think saying Wade>Kobe is a stupid statement at all... The only reason you can say Kobe is better is because he has more rings... But that is obviously due to the fact hes had a better team most of his career... Dude had the most dominant big man in the game by his side right when he came in the league... and of course hes been in the game longer...

As far as skill and all around game and efficiency.... Wade is right there with him... in my opinion

couldnt agree more. kobe is good.... really good... ok hes amazing.. but wade has shown hes there and to me the top players (10 years from now) ever will look like
1.mj
2.d-wade
3.kobe

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 12:57 PM
neither of those starting lineups will close the game

At the end it will be

Wade
Miller
Bron
Haslem
Bosh

vs.

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Pau

that's @ cimos

You are probably right, although if Bynum is healthy he will continue to play later in games. At the end of the day, the Lakers still have the Def / Rebounding advantage between those lineups you listed.

This guy that said Kobe is only better than Wade because of his Rings...while that is a true test of a good player...

Last time I checked Wade has never scored 81 points in a game or 62 points in 3 quarters. However, Wade is one of my favorite players in the league (that isnt a Laker) because he is fearless when going to the rim.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-16-2010, 12:58 PM
:yawn:

Valkyrie
07-16-2010, 12:58 PM
It takes a team effort to stop a guy like Wade or LeBron. Now they are on the same team. Heres some points i'm gonna try to make

-First of all, Artest cannot shut down LeBron. Maybe he can do good against a 32 year old past his prime Pierce or a skinny *** Durant, but Artest has no answer for the 25 year old 250 pound beast LeBron James.

-Kobe can't ''lock down'' Wade. No top 3 player can be locked down. Kobe is going to have to do so much for the Lakers on offense against Miami WHILE doing all he can to slow down Wade... hes getting old and slowing down, that will not favor the Lakers at all.

-Bynum is a question mark anyway and is always injured. PLUS, guys like Wade and LeBron put centers like Bynum and Howard in foul trouble. Wade always puts centers in foul trouble...now imagine him AND LeBron...these guys both average around 10 FTA's anyway. Bynum will be in foul trouble ALL series.

-Bosh can matchup with Gasol nicely. Bosh is younger and more athletic as well. Bosh is around 6'10 with Gasol being 7'0. Not exactly a mismatch.

Miami can still sign some big bodies to throw at the Lakers and in the end, Miami will have too much starpower.

The only way Miami can lose is injuries, imo

Human FlameShld
07-16-2010, 12:59 PM
I wonder if the topic creator had sad violin music playing, dim lighting, and a box of tissues when creating this topic.

barreleffact
07-16-2010, 01:04 PM
lol at anyone suggesting wade>kobe. wade is nearly as dominant as kobe these days but kobe has a more complete game. wade still cant shoot and relies on athleticism a lot. kobe...his athleticism has diminished quite a bit and he still produces because hes so solid fundamentally. all around game kobe> wade and its not even close. ACTUAL dominance they are about equal. and about wade being as good as kobe since his second yr in?...kill urself! wade's third year in he was arguably the best player in the leage....ARGUABLY. but wade has never nor will ever he be the most complete player in the game.

and kobe's ego??? kobe works harder than anyone in the game. everyone on the roster came back improvd because of him. the reasons kobe started are because he's a better man defender AND because he's a better player ESP for his limited role...defense and stretch the floor. Wade's role was bench spark and hustle. he did that superbly, but you have to factor in that wade was a question mark after all those serious injuries. not to mention that he and lebron lost while starting together previously did they not???

epizo1
07-16-2010, 01:07 PM
These guys will be playing for the Bill Russell rather than the Larry O'Brien. Heck, while arguable, even I can admit that Kobe did the same in 2004. This team likely will win ships but eventually ego will creep either because of not winning the big one or having their hunger for the big one satisfied.

DITKA IS DRIVIN
07-16-2010, 01:07 PM
LoL keep telling yourselves that it's going to be alright. Whatever helps you sleep at night!

Miami World Order...that has to be the stupidest thing ive ever seen :facepalm:

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 01:08 PM
wade is a more complete player than kobe and for u to say its not even close is a stupid statement

Asham
07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
And milk comes from cows. What else is new

TD's and Beer
07-16-2010, 01:18 PM
I always enjoy it when you can tell people apart right off the bat when they talk about their home town team. The reality is this: Kobe is about as close to Jordan as you can get. Kobe Bryant: 26 points per game, 5 rebounds, 5 assists per game averaging about 36 minutes a game over his 14 years, Michael Jordan: 30 points per game, 6 rebounds, 5 assists with 38 minutes on the court over his career. There is no real difference that I see between the two: Jordan had Pippen... but no other real option in Chicago as far as a dynamic scoring machine. Pippen and Jordan carried the heaviest load while the bench and other starters contributed to the overall play of the team. Kobe has had Shaq and Gasol, two very dynamic scorers. Kobe will never be Michael Jordan... and the good news is that NO ONE ELSE WILL BE EITHER. Michael Jordan's legacy is what makes the NBA great. Oh, and how do I know Wade will never touch that: He now has 2 other dynamic scorers to compete with on his team... good luck keeping your averages up. Let me know how that goes for you. Let me know when your precious Heat (that you didn't support before the Big 3...) win 5 Championships (Kobe) or 6 Championships (Michael) while stayting with the same teams (LeBron and Bosh).:eyebrow:

justinnum1
07-16-2010, 01:24 PM
]I always enjoy it when you can tell people apart right off the bat when they talk about their home town team.[/B] The reality is this: Kobe is about as close to Jordan as you can get. Kobe Bryant: 26 points per game, 5 rebounds, 5 assists per game averaging about 36 minutes a game over his 14 years, Michael Jordan: 30 points per game, 6 rebounds, 5 assists with 38 minutes on the court over his career. There is no real difference that I see between the two: Jordan had Pippen... but no other real option in Chicago as far as a dynamic scoring machine. Pippen and Jordan carried the heaviest load while the bench and other starters contributed to the overall play of the team. Kobe has had Shaq and Gasol, two very dynamic scorers. Kobe will never be Michael Jordan... and the good news is that NO ONE ELSE WILL BE EITHER. Michael Jordan's legacy is what makes the NBA great. Oh, and how do I know Wade will never touch that: He now has 2 other dynamic scorers to compete with on his team... good luck keeping your averages up. Let me know how that goes for you. Let me know when your precious Heat (that you didn't support before the Big 3...) win 5 Championships (Kobe) or 6 Championships (Michael) while stayting with the same teams (LeBron and Bosh).:eyebrow:

You don't say?:eyebrow:

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 01:28 PM
I always enjoy it when you can tell people apart right off the bat when they talk about their home town team. The reality is this: Kobe is about as close to Jordan as you can get. Kobe Bryant: 26 points per game, 5 rebounds, 5 assists per game averaging about 36 minutes a game over his 14 years, Michael Jordan: 30 points per game, 6 rebounds, 5 assists with 38 minutes on the court over his career. There is no real difference that I see between the two: Jordan had Pippen... but no other real option in Chicago as far as a dynamic scoring machine. Pippen and Jordan carried the heaviest load while the bench and other starters contributed to the overall play of the team. Kobe has had Shaq and Gasol, two very dynamic scorers. Kobe will never be Michael Jordan... and the good news is that NO ONE ELSE WILL BE EITHER. Michael Jordan's legacy is what makes the NBA great. Oh, and how do I know Wade will never touch that: He now has 2 other dynamic scorers to compete with on his team... good luck keeping your averages up. Let me know how that goes for you. Let me know when your precious Heat (that you didn't support before the Big 3...) win 5 Championships (Kobe) or 6 Championships (Michael) while stayting with the same teams (LeBron and Bosh).:eyebrow:

hmmmm i see...

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 01:33 PM
It takes a team effort to stop a guy like Wade or LeBron. Now they are on the same team. Heres some points i'm gonna try to make

-First of all, Artest cannot shut down LeBron. Maybe he can do good against a 32 year old past his prime Pierce or a skinny *** Durant, but Artest has no answer for the 25 year old 250 pound beast LeBron James.

-Kobe can't ''lock down'' Wade. No top 3 player can be locked down. Kobe is going to have to do so much for the Lakers on offense against Miami WHILE doing all he can to slow down Wade... hes getting old and slowing down, that will not favor the Lakers at all.

-Bynum is a question mark anyway and is always injured. PLUS, guys like Wade and LeBron put centers like Bynum and Howard in foul trouble. Wade always puts centers in foul trouble...now imagine him AND LeBron...these guys both average around 10 FTA's anyway. Bynum will be in foul trouble ALL series.

-Bosh can matchup with Gasol nicely. Bosh is younger and more athletic as well. Bosh is around 6'10 with Gasol being 7'0. Not exactly a mismatch.

Miami can still sign some big bodies to throw at the Lakers and in the end, Miami will have too much starpower.

The only way Miami can lose is injuries, imo

And I am sure that when Bynum catches the ball in the paint he will get shut down by Haslem or Z and they wont foul him.....

As for Lebron, no one in the league can guard him 1 on 1, but the best at it would be Ron Artest... which has been noted by several sports writers.

I didn't know that Kobe was getting old and slowing down... he averaged 27 ppg and 39 mpg. Both higher than DWade...

"Miami will have too much starpower." - Didnt know that this equates to winning. Looks like the Lakers should hire Jack, Denzel, and Ashton to come off the bench because that will give us more starpower and thus we will win.

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
wade is a more complete player than kobe and for u to say its not even close is a stupid statement

Wade has never scored 81 points and he has never made first team all NBA defense... he is def a better all around player than kobe.

Justintyme
07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Human nature is so funny. All you haters out there wouldn't be pissing and moaning trying to come up with different reasons why the Heat are going to fail if YOU ALL WEREN'T SCARED THAT IN REALITY THEY MIGHT NOT FAIL!!!! SO KEEP THE DIFFERENT FORMULAS FOR THE HEAT'S DEMISE COMING!! I'M ENTERTAINED AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

Human FlameShld
07-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Never thought I say this this but all these whiny anti Heat or Lebron topics from scared or disappointed fans are getting me to miss obscene amounts of Brett Favre threads that we once had.

johnnyswimm
07-16-2010, 01:50 PM
this deal is going to go down as a bust. Dwade, is going to average 20-25 pts a game same with LBJ and bosh is going to average about 15-20 points that means that the big three will account for 70-80 pts a game. No one is going to touch the ball but them, its going to be a big problem come playoff time. LBJ blows it in the playoffs and if they are on the losing side of things he gives up just like he did against the celtics and the magic the year before.

Human FlameShld
07-16-2010, 01:59 PM
****never mind I misread what I quoted****

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Human nature is so funny. All you haters out there wouldn't be pissing and moaning trying to come up with different reasons why the Heat are going to fail if YOU ALL WEREN'T SCARED THAT IN REALITY THEY MIGHT NOT FAIL!!!! SO KEEP THE DIFFERENT FORMULAS FOR THE HEAT'S DEMISE COMING!! I'M ENTERTAINED AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

I am only trying to put the Heat fans in their place that think this is the best team of all time and that they will win the next 6 championships in a row. I have no doubts that the Heat will win a championship within the next 4 years. I have no doubts that the heat will play the Lakers in the finals next year. I think the Lakers will win next year, because it is only year 1 for the Heat and they can't build a championship team from scratch with a salary cap. The way to get above the salary cap is with time...like the lakers have. You need to resign your players to bigger deals and add the MLE every year. Each year that the Heat add a MLE player, they will become better and have a better chance to win the championship.

I am predicting Lakers over heat in the 2011 NBA finals completing Phil's 4th 3peat and ending his career. I predict the Heat over the Lakers in the 2012 finals, and battling it out again in the 2013 Finals.. of which I cannot predict. I am a Lakers fan, but I try to base my opinions based on basketball not based on which team I am a fan of.

On another note, while I think Lebron going to Miami for less money is bad for the NBA (from a National perspective) for several reasons, I personally like it. If Kobe can beat the Heat once or twice in the finals, it can give him the boost to finally get over the MJ hump and be the best of all time. Most people will never like Kobe as much as MJ, but given that people are already calling the Heat lineup the best of all time, if Kobe beats them in the finals to tie or surpass Jordan's 6 rings... it will be hard for people to keep saying that Kobe is no Jordan. I can hear it now, "Jordan played against some great players and teams, but he never played against a team like the Miami Heat."

Justintyme
07-16-2010, 02:02 PM
You're not very smart are you johnny?

So using your logic: Because Bron, Wade and Bosh are more talented than their teammates they're not going to pass to them? Bron wanted Miller to come with him so he would hold his gym bag? Wade took less money than the other two to get Haslem back cause he thinks he's got a good personality? I'm just throwing guesses out there. I want to understand but I fear there's no substance in your remarks.

Justintyme
07-16-2010, 02:06 PM
I am only trying to put the Heat fans in their place that think this is the best team of all time and that they will win the next 6 championships in a row. I have no doubts that the Heat will win a championship within the next 4 years. I have no doubts that the heat will play the Lakers in the finals next year. I think the Lakers will win next year, because it is only year 1 for the Heat and they can't build a championship team from scratch with a salary cap. The way to get above the salary cap is with time...like the lakers have. You need to resign your players to bigger deals and add the MLE every year. Each year that the Heat add a MLE player, they will become better and have a better chance to win the championship.

I am predicting Lakers over heat in the 2011 NBA finals completing Phil's 4th 3peat and ending his career. I predict the Heat over the Lakers in the 2012 finals, and battling it out again in the 2013 Finals.. of which I cannot predict. I am a Lakers fan, but I try to base my opinions based on basketball not based on which team I am a fan of.

On another note, while I think Lebron going to Miami for less money is bad for the NBA (from a National perspective) for several reasons, I personally like it. If Kobe can beat the Heat once or twice in the finals, it can give him the boost to finally get over the MJ hump and be the best of all time. Most people will never like Kobe as much as MJ, but given that people are already calling the Heat lineup the best of all time, if Kobe beats them in the finals to tie or surpass Jordan's 6 rings... it will be hard for people to keep saying that Kobe is no Jordan. I can hear it now, "Jordan played against some great players and teams, but he never played against a team like the Miami Heat."

Good stuff, I'm excited to see how it all plays out.

fresh prince
07-16-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm a Laker fan and I ain't gonna argue, the Heat have 3 of the best players in the game. I can't stand any of them but they're still great players.

However, their biggest weakness is the center and pg positions, plus their big 3 will have to guard the best players on the other teams. They can't tell Anthony Parker, Dorell Wright or whoever to go take the other teams superstar because really all 3 of them are out on the court together.
If they play the Celtics, LBJ has to guard Pierce, Wade has to guard Ray, which is harder than people think, its exhausting chasing him around, Chalmers has to guard Rondo, and Bosh has to bang with Perkins, O'neal, KG, Davis, etc.

This is a really good point..

Who does the dirty work? Haslem and..........

djlmer
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
nice call KD. the competitive spirit has been elevated (thanks to kobe bryant and his 5 championships) to another level where winning is all that counts and it doesn't matter how you do it. championships are whats counted in legacies and nothing else really matter as much. that being said, the western conference is still going to be a doozy like it has been for the past few years.

lets go LAKERS!!

J_M_B
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Keep telling yourself buddy..

This is just pathetic, just stop hating..

They will prove you and all the haters wrong.

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 02:19 PM
ppl are just scared cuz we've never seen a team that will dominate like the heat will, its like seeing a ufo... dont know how to act

Mudvayne91
07-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah... the Celtic or Lakers have never had 3 players on the same team as good as Miami..... bandwagon fans are so clueless

youknowwho1975
07-16-2010, 02:23 PM

Wow! You must be a Heat fan if you honestly think that D-wade is a superior player to Kobe.

Not to take anything away from Wade (he is a top 10 player) but if I were going to start with one player and I had to choose between those two there is no way I pass up Kobe! He has shown that even without a BIG THREE of his own that he is one of the greats of all times. Period! I don't even like Kobe (being a Knick's fan can make me envious) but he is definitely one of the top 3 players in basketball.

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah... the Celtic or Lakers have never had 3 players on the same team as good as Miami..... bandwagon fans are so clueless

whos a bandwagon fan? they never had 3 players like this, your going to sit here and tell me that allen, garnet, pierce is as good or better than wade, lbj and bosh? :facepalm:

djlmer
07-16-2010, 02:28 PM
1.finals mvp is a valid point
2.the trio are young and not injury prone and should be able to play hard until the final few games.
3.yet to be seen. speculation is pointless. maybe all 3 will take the blame since all 3 always interview together.
4.the lakers are weakest at the 1 spot and still manage to win championships. it really doesn't matter to much if you have good help D or just put wade on the pg and chalmers at 2 for defence. thats exactly how kobe shut down rondo and Dfish shut down ray allen
5.big Z is coming into town so they won't be that weak at the C
6. agreed
7.the heat have 6 years to win championships and can survive off of trades in this day and age where draft picks aren't that important once you get out of the top 15, which they will never be in anyways.
8.the lakers are still the team to beat. this heat team has done nothing and may end up doing nothing, the lakers have accomplished and are looking set to make a run again.
9.they all have big egos....very correct.

Mudvayne91
07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
whos a bandwagon fan? they never had 3 players like this, your going to sit here and tell me that allen, garnet, pierce is as good or better than wade, lbj and bosh? :facepalm:

Umm no. Bird, McHale and Parish actually. I don't expect someone like you to know that though

djlmer
07-16-2010, 02:34 PM

maybe not as good but damn close with worthy magic and kareem. thats 3 "fifty greatest players of all time"

Mudvayne91
07-16-2010, 02:41 PM
maybe not as good but damn close with worthy magic and kareem. thats 3 "fifty greatest players of all time"

Wade, LeBron and Bosh have their own legacies to write. People need to withhold judgement on how great or how overrated they are for at least a year or two, IMO. I personally think Magic is top 3, if not the best player to play the game, but that's besides the point. I was just saying because someone said the NBA has never seen 3 stars as big as the 3 in Miami before. That simply isn't the case.

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 02:51 PM

I think he was being sarcastic :eyebrow:

I will say that the duo of DWade and Lebron is possibly the best 2 player combo of all time. The problem is that neither of them has much of a post up game, and they are generally both drive and dish / perimeter players. Pretty much all of the best duos in history were a big / small combo so this duo is much different.

As for the best trio of all time...let's stop for just a second...has Bosh ever even made the playoffs? I think this guy has gone from a solid player a year ago to the most overrated player in the NBA. Everyone thinks that the Heat have the best big man in the game. Is he even top 5? Ok probably...but he is at least 4th in my ranking. People forget that he was only the best FA big man this summer. FREE AGENT. DHoward / Lebron / Wade - now that would be the best trio of all time.

Dwight / Gasol / Yao (healthy) all better big men than Bosh. Any GM would take them as a big man over Bosh.

J_M_B
07-16-2010, 02:56 PM

Naw dude..

Magic, Kareem, Worthy

Bird, McHale, Parish

You deserve the facepalm.

Storch
07-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Wake up and smell the coffee guys, the heat will have a decent bench.

Baseballcb95
07-16-2010, 03:18 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

Baseballcb95
07-16-2010, 03:19 PM

WAY more than decent, we will have a good to very good bench

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 03:29 PM

Exactly...decent.

DaBUU
07-16-2010, 03:32 PM
This Heat team will be very hard to beat. stupid to think otherwise no matter what excuse you can come up with. People who say this team wont be any good are just reasoning to themselves cuz the path to a 'Ship just got a lot harder for their own favorite team

uncleben989
07-16-2010, 03:34 PM
technically they do care about winning more than anything else. Thats why they took the easy route and came together. Its all about championships with these 3 guys, not just one but multiple.

i wasnt referring to that, i was referring to his "dwade is superior than kobe" idiocracy, one of many absurd thoughts/ambitions floating around miami heat fanbase

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 03:42 PM
1- Envy Finals MVP

2-Injuries

4- Weak at Point Guard

5- Weak at Center

6- Coaching

9- Big Egos

I got to this point and just stopped. you're already wrong on point #2

Slimsim
07-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Was wonder if anyone think Wade would play as the PG ?

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 03:44 PM
This Heat team will be very hard to beat. stupid to think otherwise no matter what excuse you can come up with. People who say this team wont be any good are just reasoning to themselves cuz the path to a 'Ship just got a lot harder for their own favorite team

:clap: amen! nicely put. they're not a lock to win anything but they should be very hard to beat.

shizzle09
07-16-2010, 03:45 PM

i'm so down with Wade at the point. He was basically the point late in games last year. Doubt Spo does it though

tangent12
07-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Great thread.

I completely agree.

NJBASEBALL22
07-16-2010, 03:47 PM
The problem I see is the lack of depth inside. Bosh won't bang down low often enough. So they need rebounding and interior D. They will be fine with Chalmers or whoever that point. All their pg has to do is play defense and shoot open 3's- I think Chalmers can do that. Anyway, to start Mike Miller, LBJ or Wade will most likely run point or like a point-forward. Defense is gonna be their biggest problem, and rebounding will be up there too. After those two things, I think shooting is one of their weakness too, but it depends on how teams play them defensively. Mike Miller can stick it consistently but that is really it right now. But then again, it all depends on who they add, I heard possibly big Z and that will really help them. So, at this point, I am not making assumptions.

Sadds The Gr8
07-16-2010, 03:47 PM

this

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 03:52 PM
I think that if they lose it will be to a team with good depth inside. Because that's where I see the major weakness. Z is not very good anymore. He will be terrible next to Bosh. Not complimentary players at all. None of their bigs except Joel Anthony compliment Bosh well at all.

Cbast09
07-16-2010, 03:55 PM
This is another hate thread. This is more of assuming than anything. Everyone is just assuming they will have a terrible bench even though the bench should be very good by the end of the offseason. Everyone is just assuming their egos will get in their way, but they are the best of friends, they will have their disputes, but they aren't selfish players.

What a joke of a topic. Should Heat fans give 9 reasons why other teams will fail? That's ********.

shaunm
07-16-2010, 03:58 PM
This list is dumb. This team is going to be nasty. We also have to remember all the players that get bought out and then sign with teams for the minimum mid season. Which will happen this year and with the Heat. I'm a Celtics fan, I love the Celtics chances, but this team will be very hard to defend. Teams take the well we can't stop them, so we'll just stop everybody else approach with these three players, now they're on the same team. Here's my assumption, I also guarantee the Celtics Big Three wished they teamed up earlier in their careers to win championships.

HachiGo
07-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I hate them too but seriously dude? You're just pulling reasons out of your *** of how you think they might lose. Face it. They're good. They're a contender. Deal. With. It.

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 04:05 PM

wade WILL play PG. wont start but im sure he will get time at PG. i think lbj will also

btw this thread is stupid

NYJ187
07-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Guys you can go back and forth all day and night about this...but bottom line is Miami is going to win championship'S over how ever many years this team is together...

besides the big three which ill get to in a min...Miami did just sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Mike Miller and kept Udonis Haslem...

so now they have a legit C to go along with Bosh down low, that is a pretty damn good tandem to rebound, block shots, defense and any put backs...mike miller is a good utility player that can hit the 3 and play pretty good defense...and having Haslem is just icing on the cake, the guy is a poor mans ron artest i know, but he does play hard nose defense and can rebound...having him come off the bench will be great for them come the 4th quarter..

miami right now is no longer just lebron, wade and bosh and the rest being scrubs...they put together some solid guys to play along side them...now they are still a little thin over all, they dont have solid depth throughout, but they do have a ridiculous starting 5, lebron, wade, bosh, big Z and either miller or chalmers and im reading they may sign Juwon Howard as well and/or brad miller...now your talking about a great starting squad with some really solid people off the bench, haslem, miller, howard etc...depending on who starts and who sits...

we all have to face reality that basketball is NOT the all time team sport...you can have 4 crappy players 1 super star and that team will make the playoffs, will they win a series no, but they will get past the regular season...now say you have 3 superstars, that team should make it to the finals prob every year...now when those 3 are Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh...lbj and dw are two of the most dynamic players in the sport today...so its not like paul pierce and ray allen, who you could consider stars...no ur saying lebron and dwayne, these 2 alone are going to make for some serious high light reels when the season starts...and bosh who is a legit big man who can score...its going to be scary for opposing teams...

you can squabble back and forth all you want...bball is not the biggest team sport, one guy can make or break a team at any moment...ill put miamis 3 against most teams 5 and they would still win...they are that good...

you thought those guys were ridiculous before, watch them playing together now...i have been an athlete my whole life and when i would be on the field with guys who were great at the sport, it made my life a hell of a lot easier, when you play with guys who you are better then and they are all a little worse it makes the game much harder...these guys in miami all are the best, the cream of the crop, they are unselfish players at that...either one of them would make the pass over takign the shot if it was the right play...they all came together to WIN and thats it...stats do not matter and egos are not going to matter...as long as they WIN...if the dont and they lose and lose well then you will see them come apart...

but trust me when i tell you all this...ego will not get in the way...those guys would take scoring 2 points with no rebounds if it meant them winning the championship...obv they would want to contribute more but if it was between winning and losing, they would take the **** stats to WIN...

its a good time to be a heat fan in south beach...they are going to light it up down there

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Guys you can go back and forth all day and night about this...but bottom line is Miami is going to win championship'S over how ever many years this team is together...

besides the big three which ill get to in a min...Miami did just sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Mike Miller and kept Udonis Haslem...

so now they have a legit C to go along with Bosh down low, that is a pretty damn good tandem to rebound, block shots, defense and any put backs...mike miller is a good utility player that can hit the 3 and play pretty good defense...and having Haslem is just icing on the cake, the guy is a poor mans ron artest i know, but he does play hard nose defense and can rebound...having him come off the bench will be great for them come the 4th quarter..

miami right now is no longer just lebron, wade and bosh and the rest being scrubs...they put together some solid guys to play along side them...now they are still a little thin over all, they dont have solid depth throughout, but they do have a ridiculous starting 5, lebron, wade, bosh, big Z and either miller or chalmers and im reading they may sign Juwon Howard as well and/or brad miller...now your talking about a great starting squad with some really solid people off the bench, haslem, miller, howard etc...depending on who starts and who sits...

we all have to face reality that basketball is NOT the all time team sport...you can have 4 crappy players 1 super star and that team will make the playoffs, will they win a series no, but they will get past the regular season...now say you have 3 superstars, that team should make it to the finals prob every year...now when those 3 are Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh...lbj and dw are two of the most dynamic players in the sport today...so its not like paul pierce and ray allen, who you could consider stars...no ur saying lebron and dwayne, these 2 alone are going to make for some serious high light reels when the season starts...and bosh who is a legit big man who can score...its going to be scary for opposing teams...

you can squabble back and forth all you want...bball is not the biggest team sport, one guy can make or break a team at any moment...ill put miamis 3 against most teams 5 and they would still win...they are that good...

you thought those guys were ridiculous before, watch them playing together now...i have been an athlete my whole life and when i would be on the field with guys who were great at the sport, it made my life a hell of a lot easier, when you play with guys who you are better then and they are all a little worse it makes the game much harder...these guys in miami all are the best, the cream of the crop, they are unselfish players at that...either one of them would make the pass over takign the shot if it was the right play...they all came together to WIN and thats it...stats do not matter and egos are not going to matter...as long as they WIN...if the dont and they lose and lose well then you will see them come apart...

but trust me when i tell you all this...ego will not get in the way...those guys would take scoring 2 points with no rebounds if it meant them winning the championship...obv they would want to contribute more but if it was between winning and losing, they would take the **** stats to WIN...

its a good time to be a heat fan in south beach...they are going to light it up down there

:clap: thank u for speaking the truth

mamba24
07-16-2010, 04:12 PM
some things you mention seem contradicting to other things you mention

like what?

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 04:15 PM
like what?

like when u said kobes good then u said kobe sucked
lol jk idk whats hes talking about

NYJ187
07-16-2010, 04:18 PM
my pleasure...and just FYI i think lebron is a *** and bosh is a homo...but wade is the fckn man!!!!!! got his jersey

Mudvayne91
07-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Naw dude..

Magic, Kareem, Worthy

Bird, McHale, Parish

You deserve the facepalm.

:clap:

Truheatfan
07-16-2010, 04:22 PM
MIA will be fine. But they're not invincible. If they lose, I think it will be because they got outplayed - the same reason every other team loses.

very true :clap:

Cimos21
07-16-2010, 04:22 PM
"bottom line is Miami is going to win championship'S over how ever many years this team is together..."

No one has ever won a championship for 5+ season in a row... except for when the Celtics had Bill Russel ...which wasn't really basketball as we know it today. No 3pters and lets be honest Bill Russel was playing with a bunch of tiny guys compared to him. It would be like me (5'9) playing baskteball with a bunch of midgets. If you dont believe me, tell me how 1 guy gets 40 rebounds in 1 game......

8kobe24
07-16-2010, 04:24 PM
The heat are now legitimate contenders, I'll leave it that.

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 04:26 PM
miami will win, thats it

VinceCarter
07-16-2010, 04:28 PM
1- Envy Finals MVP

2-Injuries

4- Weak at Point Guard

5- Weak at Center

6- Coaching

9- Big Egos

These four things could really kill them. But if they don't fix, their problems at PG, Center, and their depth, they could very easily be in deep ****.

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 04:30 PM
These four things could really kill them. But if they don't fix, their problems at PG, Center, and their depth, they could very easily be in deep ****.

mikealike305
07-16-2010, 04:45 PM
miami will dominate..... period

Chief Smoke
07-16-2010, 07:12 PM
I Never seen so much haters in my life...its so funny, the lakers won the championship, and ppl still bashing lebron...Dont matter if you hate him, he's still on your mind everyday when you go to your ****** 9 - 5.

Kobe5RingKing
07-17-2010, 12:34 AM
I am Not saying Miami will Lose BUT if they do those are the reasons why

Kobe5RingKing
07-17-2010, 12:35 AM
I am Not saying Miami will Lose BUT if they do those are the reasons why

or in the future they will.

No one likes being in the shadow, No matter who you are

heatfan03
07-17-2010, 01:10 AM
or in the future they will.

No one likes being in the shadow, No matter who you are

BobSagetSucks
07-17-2010, 01:11 AM
deep of old players

Kobe5RingKing
07-17-2010, 01:22 AM
deep of old players

When they start losing thats who there going to blame and say

Giantwarrior
07-17-2010, 01:33 AM
who cares. enough with these damn threads. just let the Heat eat their cake now, but if they dont win.

YOU HEATS FANS BETTER TAKE THE BEATING.

valade16
07-17-2010, 01:40 AM
1- Envy Finals MVP

6- Coaching

Chances are it will be Dwayne Wade? that is what is commonly referred to as an OPINION. It could just as easily be LeBron or Bosh. I say it's more likely to be LeBron. OH NO, THERE'S NO WAY TO REFUTE EACH OTHER'S ARGUMENTS.

So your first point was entirely opinion based and therefore has no merit...

And your 6th point is ridiculous. Pat Riley has already stated he's coming back to coach them, so they went from a coaching disadvantage to one of the best coaching advantages in the league...:facepalm:

And that doesn't even matter. You think there are 9 reasons why the Heat won't win, but there is one reason why the Heat will win, LeBron, Wade, and Bosh.

And that trumps all nine of your reasons...

Kobe5RingKing
07-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Chances are it will be Dwayne Wade? that is what is commonly referred to as an OPINION. It could just as easily be LeBron or Bosh. I say it's more likely to be LeBron. OH NO, THERE'S NO WAY TO REFUTE EACH OTHER'S ARGUMENTS.

So your first point was entirely opinion based and therefore has no merit...

And your 6th point is ridiculous. Pat Riley has already stated he's coming back to coach them, so they went from a coaching disadvantage to one of the best coaching advantages in the league...:facepalm:

And that doesn't even matter. You think there are 9 reasons why the Heat won't win, but there is one reason why the Heat will win, LeBron, Wade, and Bosh.
And that trumps all nine of your reasons...

Where did you hear Pat is Back?

You Mean 3 reasons right? not 1

valade16
07-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Where did you hear Pat is Back?

You Mean 3 reasons right? not 1

Damn, I was wrong... :cry: I thought what was a rumor that Riley was coaching again was a newstory, I had wrong information from a friend...

And this is technically arguing semantics, what difference if the big three are called 1 reason or 3, it's still a damn good reason.

For their 9 flaws, perpetually winning over 50 games (most likely over 60) and being a perennial title contender sure diminishes those flaws though...

Raps08-09 Champ
07-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Damn, I was wrong... :cry: I thought what was a rumor that Riley was coaching again was a newstory, I had wrong information from a friend...

And this is technically arguing semantics, what difference if the big three are called 1 reason or 3, it's still a damn good reason.

For their 9 flaws, winning over 50 games (most likely over 60) every year and being a perennial title contender sure diminishes those flaws though...

Cavs won 60 games the last 2 seasons but their flaws showed in the playoffs.

DoubleDragon
07-17-2010, 02:14 AM
.The Heat haven't done *****. Who cares. Let the season happen and quit giving these (supposed diehard) Heat fans something to boast about. Last I checked, the trophy's in L.A. (again).
Good luck Miami. Hope you live up to the hype!
The Lakers have.

valade16
07-17-2010, 02:16 AM
Cavs won 60 games the last 2 seasons but their flaws showed in the playoffs.

would it have shown if they'd have had Wade and Bosh?:eyebrow:

My moneys on no...

Raps08-09 Champ
07-17-2010, 02:20 AM
would it have shown if they'd have had Wade and Bosh?:eyebrow:

My moneys on no...

I don't know. And I don't care.

I was just saying even if you win a lot of games and have stars on your team, doesn't mean it covers your flaws. It helps to diminish it but it will still be there.

valade16
07-17-2010, 02:23 AM
I don't know. And I don't care.

I was just saying even if you win a lot of games and have stars on your team, doesn't mean it covers your flaws. It helps to diminish it but it will still be there.

And I'm not saying the Heat are a lock to win 9 straight titles, I just find it funny that someone would try to insinuate that the Heat won't win. It's possible, in the same way that an Alien landing in my yard tomorrow night is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

They will win, and win big. Now, will that be championships? who knows, but there is no denying they probably have the best shot at the title other than the Lakers...

CALIABQLKRS
07-17-2010, 02:24 AM
miami will win, thats it

At the end of next season, theres gnna be 29 other teams (including the Heat) who are gnna have a ton of excuses of why they couldnt beat the Lakers... The main reason why they couldnt beat the Lakers?? Experience playing together.. 3 finals appearances in a row should never be overlooked.. Or maybe 7 in ten years.. it takes more than just talent to win rings.. Just ask lebron and wade. It takes losing with eachother first in order to become a great cohesive team.. But to all the NEW Heat "Fans" keep telling yourself that the Heat are gnna win rings year after year with eachother and they are gnna mesh well with eachother just because of the olympics.. you will just be dissapointed every year.. There is no Kobe Bryant on the Heat! Look at the 04 olympics and 06 trials... No Kobe=No Gold!

valade16
07-17-2010, 02:26 AM
At the end of next season, theres gnna be 29 other teams (including the Heat) who are gnna have a ton of excuses of why they couldnt beat the Lakers... The main reason why they couldnt beat the Lakers?? Experience playing together.. 3 finals appearances in a row should never be overlooked.. Or maybe 7 in ten years.. it takes more than just talent to win rings.. Just ask lebron and wade. It takes losing with eachother first in order to become a great cohesive team.. But to all the NEW Heat "Fans" keep telling yourself that the Heat are gnna win rings year after year with eachother and they are gnna mesh well with eachother just because of the olympics.. you will just be dissapointed every year.. There is no Kobe Bryant on the Heat! Look at the 04 olympics and 06 trials... No Kobe=No Gold!

Because this exact Lakers team went to 7 in 10 years right? :rolleyes:

how many of the current Lakers were on the Lakers before this current three peat I wonder? 2? 3?

Avenged
07-17-2010, 02:37 AM
The Heat are good and they assembled good role players around their big 3.

Lets just stop the hate now, it got old real fast. As much as I love the loathing the Heat are getting now, they became contenders over night. They're certainly not the team to beat in my opinion, but they will be very hard to beat. Good luck to the teams out East.

ink
07-17-2010, 02:40 AM
There are too many of these threads. We don't need any more.