PDA

View Full Version : Conley to Cavs

mem_insider
07-16-2010, 12:09 AM
According to sources, the Memphis Grizzles decided to trade point Mike Conley, Jr. and Demarre Carroll, to the Cleveland Cavaliers for guard Daniel Gibson, forward, Leon Powe and a 2012 2nd Round Pick. This means that SG O.J. Mayo will move over to the point guard position. GM Chris Wallace and head coach Lionel Hollins was impressed with Mayo's ball handling skills in Los Vegas which made Conley expendable.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/thwarted_in_bid_for_lowry_clev.html

I really wish this will happen. Gibson would be perfect for the Grizzles.

kblo247
07-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Where does it say that, in that article?

It suggests Conley and Sessions, but it doesn't say that a deal is done.

thedfactor
07-16-2010, 12:16 AM
O.J. Mayo at point makes him even better.

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Awesome move for CLE. After I heard they were after the HOU PG, I thought to myself that Conley (OSU connection) would be a great fit. Now they can hopefully revive the Mo to POR talks. To clear Mo and Gibson (both have 3 years remaining) would be huge. Even now, just unloading Booby and getting a legitmate PG for it is great (potentially, but they're rebuilding so that's what they're looking for - potential).

TheKing23
07-16-2010, 12:18 AM
The only thing keeping Boobie in Cleveland was LeBron... Now he's gone it won't surprise me to see Boobie get traded.

I'll be disappointed to see Powe go. He's a good big body and he's extremely cheap at less than $1m this season.

Conley will be a nice backup for Mo though. Probably the first true PG we've had since Eric Snow.

Mo for expirings or young pieces would probably be a sensible move now, gotta start the rebuilding process sooner rather than later...

NBA-GMaster
07-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Are the cavs that serious.. They are making a mistake.. Gibson is a 3pt threat and Powe is a beast during his celtics year..

TheBay30
07-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Leon Powe gonna break out in Memphis! WATCH!

S-Dot
07-16-2010, 12:24 AM
O.J. Mayo at point makes him even better.

Really? I think he's better off the ball. Its kinda like Dwayne Wade playin PG in 2004. He became a better player when he played SG IMO. But who knows:shrug:

Hellcrooner
07-16-2010, 12:27 AM
:facepalm:

Trouble coming to memphis, if mayo comes up with the ball there wont be enouh distribution with azch, rudy and marc.

all the three will have worse numbers than last eyar, in the case of marc WAY worse numbers and maos will ocme up.

Of course with him at point 20 wins will be a miracle.

Twolves88
07-16-2010, 12:29 AM
are the cavs just looking for hometown talent? Conley fills the ohio role... maybe hes who they are marketing?

I dont ever think conley will live up to his potential but this trade seems about even for both sides.

WITZ
07-16-2010, 12:34 AM
The article makes no mention of Powe ,Gibson and 2nd for Conley & demarr carroll.

kblo247
07-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Did anyone read the article:

NBA notebook: Cavs miss out on Lowry, might go for Conley

gbrl
07-16-2010, 12:42 AM
no mention of the trade the article just talks about their pg hunt

philab
07-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Wait, multiple people in this thread think Daniel Gibson is worth a damn?

Apparently you've never seen Gibson play. He's about as useless as they come.

I'm a huge Conley fan, so this deal looks great.

THE MTL
07-16-2010, 03:22 AM
Addition by subtraction. I think OJ Mayo should be at least a 20ppg scorer by now by Memphis has so MANY scorers its hurting his development.

He should have the ball a little more and him running the PG would be amazing.

Hellcrooner
07-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Addition by subtraction. I think OJ Mayo should be at least a 20ppg scorer by now by Memphis has so MANY scorers its hurting his development.

He should have the ball a little more and him running the PG would be amazing.

in fact they are a team with 4 potential 20 ppg scorers so they are all hurting each others, and 3 of them are young wich makes it worse-

tjey shoudl ahve made a gay for deng trade and randolph for some pieces and put their gfuture clear with mauo and gasol who are the REAL talaneted from the 4