PDA

View Full Version : Magic Match Reddick Offer Sheet

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 09:16 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/15/magic-to-keep-jj-redick-by-matching-offer-from-bulls/

The Orlando Magic have decided to retain restricted free agent guard J.J. Redick, matching the three-year, $19 million offer sheet he received from the Chicago Bulls last week.

The Magic will make their intention known Friday the last possible day -- but NBA sources familiar with the front-office thinking of the Magic confirmed their decision Thursday afternoon.

"They aren't letting go of J.J.,'' said the source. Reddick is shown in the photo at left guarding Toronto's Marco Belinelli.

The offer sheet from the Bulls includes a first-year salary of $7 million, which will cost the Magic $14 million next season because of the punitive, dollar-for-dollar luxury tax threshold the Magic will exceed.

gbrl
07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
good for the magic

GeekInThePink
07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
good for the magic

Agreed, J.J's a solid player. I think as him as a Kapono 2.0, only he has fire in his game. Wouldn't be shocked for him to have 15 points per game next season.

Yanks All Day
07-15-2010, 09:29 PM
I was looking forward to him starting for Chicago this year, but I'll take another year of him being better than Vince Carter and taking over the starting spot next year.

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Agreed, J.J's a solid player. I think as him as a Kapono 2.0, only he has fire in his game. Wouldn't be shocked for him to have 15 points per game next season.

With Nelson, Rashard, Dwight and Vince among other.... no chance at Redick avg 15 per. Unless someone gets injured and even then he still may not be able to get that much.

RCarlson85
07-15-2010, 09:33 PM
YES! Sorry Bulls fans.

GeekInThePink
07-15-2010, 09:35 PM
With Nelson, Rashard, Dwight and Vince among other.... no chance at Redick avg 15 per. Unless someone gets injured and even then he still may not be able to get that much.

Other players stats will drop, not too mention they'll have minutes from Barnes leaving. Q-rich and Pietrus can't play the whole game, and im sure Vince will get some time from the 3 spot so Reddick will get some more minutes, hence my prediction of more minutes, thefore more points. I'm sure they wouldn't have matched the offer if they believed he wouldn't improve.

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Other players stats will drop, not too mention they'll have minutes from Barnes leaving. Q-rich and Pietrus can't play the whole game, and im sure Vince will get some time from the 3 spot so Reddick will get some more minutes, hence my prediction of more minutes, thefore more points. I'm sure they wouldn't have matched the offer if they believed he wouldn't improve.

yeah his points may very improve but do you really think 15 per is realistic? He has improved but he won't be that good next season.

GeekInThePink
07-15-2010, 09:44 PM
yeah his points may very improve but do you really think 15 per is realistic? He has improved but he won't be that good next season.

I wouldn't say it's a sure thing, but with Vince Carter on the decline there's no reason in my opinion why he can't be a 13-15 point scorer. I would say it's a good bet if Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson (averaged a combined 27 points per game) have another "meh" season.

Too be honest, I am just a fan of Reddick and would like the kid to have a good season, I may be a little bias but again, I don't see 15 points out of the question.

macc
07-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm happy we signed him. 14 mil next year we'll be paying him since we're over the cap. Orlando will be paying more for him then David Lee is making next year.

Either way he bloomed in Orlando, no reason to prep him and when he finally has a successful season to send him to another team. At least it's a front end contract with his salary decreasing in the next two years.

TheTakeOver24
07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
i think this is better for the bulls than the magic.
for 7 mill, redick is not at all worth it

LTBaByyy
07-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Thats a lot of money cohe bench, first gortat, then bass, then redick

How much did they pay Duhon?

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 10:16 PM
thats a lot of money cohe bench, first gortat, then bass, then redick

how much did they pay duhon?

4/15

Jays Claw
07-15-2010, 10:18 PM
I was looking forward to watching J.J Redick play for the Bulls. Oh well, I guess that's a wash now.

Rndy
07-15-2010, 10:29 PM
YES! Sorry Bulls fans.

Wouldn't be to excited. I felt Magic were better then the Bulls anyways. Howard is going to be very tough for Heat to stop.

ecorrea
07-15-2010, 10:30 PM
bulls will sign brewer in the next couple days and then have prob 10 or 11m left. maybe sign josh howard for a yr to start and brewer off the bench with korver? arnt a ton of scoring options worth investing long term deals in.

ecorrea
07-15-2010, 10:31 PM
yea howard is gonna beast next yr. im sure hes motivated to let the state of Florida know who is boss!

Rndy
07-15-2010, 10:33 PM
yea howard is gonna beast next yr. im sure hes motivated to let the state of Florida know who is boss!

oops sorry no idea wtf im doing.

Brewer will be nice!

I would be shocked if we get Josh Howard. He won't be ready to start the season. And he's not the type of person The Bulls go after. But then again we did trade for Tyrus so who knows!

0nekhmer
07-15-2010, 10:34 PM
i wonder if Carter is going to be shipped out sometime soon?

Viper2000
07-15-2010, 10:57 PM
the money is good for Redick but it's not going to stop the taunting: http://bit.ly/czlp3b

i can't believe he's seriously going to put out a rap album. this is awful. Being in Chicago; i'm glad the bulls didn't get him

Melo15
07-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Thats an awful lot of money for Redick, he's a solid player though.

CarniifeX
07-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Does this mean Carter could be traded to Chicago? Now with this contract, it's going to cost Orlando nearly $14M per season for Redick because they're exceeding the luxury tax. $14M per season is an expensive reserve.

Chicago could offer something like Deng and a few draft picks for Carter. It will save the Magic a good amount of money. The Bulls would get a shooting guard for a year, and cap room at the end of the 2010-11 season to pursue that final piece of the puzzle: Carmelo Anthony.

At the same time, it would also lessen the financial strain of re-signing Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, both of whom are in line to get major raises. For the Magic, Redick and Quentin Richardson would share shooting guard duties, while Deng and Mickael Pietrus could cover the small forward spot. Richardson would be able to play at a spot more favorable to him.

carter15
07-15-2010, 11:36 PM
The Magic would probably be open to listening to that, but who knows what Chicago wants.

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Carter to the Kings? They've got space and could offer one of their less valued youngins. Donte Greene?

RSA27
07-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Should cost them about 14 mil to keep him next season when you take the luxury tax and front loaded contract into account. Nice investment orlando.

RCarlson85
07-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Wouldn't be to excited. I felt Magic were better then the Bulls anyways. Howard is going to be very tough for Heat to stop.

It's nothing to do with who's better. The Bulls fans just seem to have so much hate for the Heat since the Bulls lost out on all the big players. I just don't want to see them get anyone. Lol. I agree the Magic are better than the Bulls, no argument here.

Kyben36
07-15-2010, 11:54 PM
YES! Sorry Bulls fans.

How does that help you guys, the bulls and the Magic are both compitition for you guys. it would have helped either team, dont know why your saying yes.

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Top that off with a loss in their share of the revenue sharing pie.

RadiantShot
07-15-2010, 11:56 PM
One of my favorite players to ever hit the court...Glad we're getting him back.

RCarlson85
07-16-2010, 12:09 AM
How does that help you guys, the bulls and the Magic are both compitition for you guys. it would have helped either team, dont know why your saying yes.

Because bulls fans are *****es ever since the lost out on the big free agents. I don't want to see the bulls get anyone.

cowboyz180
07-16-2010, 12:18 AM
nice

sp1derm00
07-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Question.

Has Mike Miller officially signed with the Heat yet?

If not, I expect a huuuuuge contract to be offered to Mike Miller.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-16-2010, 02:32 AM
Question.

Has Mike Miller officially signed with the Heat yet?

If not, I expect a huuuuuge contract to be offered to Mike Miller.

Yea we officially got him today.

RadiantShot
07-16-2010, 02:39 AM
Tisk tisk; they spelled Redick's last name wrong. Shamey shame.

KingsAndNiners
07-16-2010, 02:54 AM
Carter to the Kings? They've got space and could offer one of their less valued youngins. Donte Greene?

Lmao no way the Kings have any interest in Carter. Even tho I am a huge fan of his. Plus alot of Kings fans think Donte is gonna be a beast for us in the future.

THE MTL
07-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Wow, the Magic are going to be in luxury tax hell! Well as long as they got it to spend.....its a good move for the Magic. Keep your players!!!

quade36
07-16-2010, 03:22 AM
Because bulls fans are *****es ever since the lost out on the big free agents. I don't want to see the bulls get anyone.

As a bulls fan I am quite happy with what they have done in the offseason. One of the 'big' three would have been nice, but I have never been a fan of any of them and if any signed with the Bulls they'd surely slow down Rose's development. Good for Miami. They needed it, their fans aren't too supportive unless its football. Maybe this will make them care a little more. Again, I have no complaints about what the Bulls have done this offseason.

But hey, I guess you think I am something ******es because the Bulls lost out. Okay??????????

robdizzle3
07-16-2010, 04:19 AM
I like this, because Reddick is getting the respect he felt he didnt get. Orlando might not be done yet. They still have Vince's contract out there.

d-baller23
07-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Y does everybody spell his name wrong?! He deserves the money...

Swashcuff
07-16-2010, 06:30 AM
I spelt the his correctly some one of the mods must have changed the title.

MOST
07-16-2010, 07:17 AM
YES! Sorry Bulls fans.

Haha u sound a little worried there
Even with ur big 3

ragee
07-16-2010, 07:18 AM
I think it is a little too high but I'm glad JJ is back...

MOST
07-16-2010, 07:37 AM

:up: The definition of a hater

ATX
07-16-2010, 08:03 AM
I spelt the his correctly some one of the mods must have changed the title.

Not that I ever won a spelling bee, but it's spelled, not spelt. :D

Swashcuff
07-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Not that I ever won a spelling bee, but it's spelled, not spelt. :D

jargon