PDA

View Full Version : Who has the pieces to get Chris Paul?

Ty Fast
07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
If he really is on the block who has the pieces to get him? Maybe Boston could offer Rondo as the centerpiece of a package. Maybe L.A or Orlando could package something up. I think if Chris Paul is going to be traded Peja Stojakovic will be in the same trade. What do you think?

*Silver&Black*
07-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Al Horford, Jamal Crawford, Marvin Williams, Mike Bibby, picks?

Collison/Horford combo is better than Collison/another PG.

BAMF
07-15-2010, 07:10 PM
They'll want a lot of CP3

PC
07-15-2010, 07:11 PM
I think it would be near impossible for the Hornets to get full value for CP3

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-15-2010, 07:14 PM
knicks

defender4m
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
nets

Favors, twill, harris and picks. Not that i would want to do that at all but we can if we wanted to

PHX2daDEATH
07-15-2010, 07:30 PM
If Chris Paul joins the Lakers I will stop watching Basketball.... Here would be fair value imo

OKC-Westbrook, Sefolosha, Green
Portland-Oden Batum or Aldrige Batum
Memphis-Mayo or Gay & Thabeet or Gasol

rapsallday
07-15-2010, 07:34 PM
If Chris Paul joins the Lakers I will stop watching Basketball.... Here would be fair value imo

pipe down a bit buddy

cheetos185
07-15-2010, 07:37 PM
nets

Favors, twill, harris and picks. Not that i would want to do that at all but we can if we wanted to

yea than he opts out in 2012 to play with knicks kill 2 birds with 1 stone lol

cheetos185
07-15-2010, 07:38 PM

oden is a bust maybe if he was drafted yesterday but his value is all time low and you don't take that type of value for your best player

cmellofan15
07-15-2010, 07:39 PM
no way they get full value for him but they at least get to dump off Okafor.

TehSamurai
07-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Who said that the Hornets are trading Chris Paul?

Young2Kinsler
07-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I think they are going to want:

- A young piece or 2 moving forward
- Picks
- An expiring bundled in the deal in order for the other team to take Okafor's contract back.

Since I know Dallas made multiple calls to NO about Paul, I'm assuming this was around the offer...

Roddy B, 2 1st, Butler, Barea

cheetos185
07-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Who said that the Hornets are trading Chris Paul?

CP3 himself at melo's wedding didn't you guys know that was his special 2 min show the decision xD

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 07:49 PM
cheeto185
oden is a bust maybe if he was drafted yesterday but his value is all time low and you don't take that type of value for your best player

darko's a bust oden is just injury prone! Watch Oden Play When Healthy

this is what portland offered

Portland- Miller,Bayless,Batum,Rudy,Joel P,2 future 1st round pick + Cash

NO - Chris Paul & Peja Or Okafor

zo#33
07-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Bosh for CP3? lol

cheetos185
07-15-2010, 07:51 PM
cheeto185

when he plays full season he will be value and if not he's all hype now where did darko come in all this lol

HornetsSolution
07-15-2010, 07:53 PM
CP3 himself at melo's wedding didn't you guys know that was his special 2 min show the decision xD

Pipe dream!! Next year if Melo don't sign his extension, Hornets could push for him 2. Wouldn't that kill the knicks dreams.

IversonIsKrazy
07-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Hawks, Grizzlies, Indy

HornetsSolution
07-15-2010, 07:56 PM
If CP3 was to get traded then I would go with Memphins. They have the young pieces we need.

cheetos185
07-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Pipe dream!! Next year if Melo don't sign his extension, Hornets could push for him 2. Wouldn't that kill the knicks dreams.

maybe if they were willing to spend but they are just shedding salaries and rebuilding

JNA17
07-15-2010, 07:58 PM
andrew bynum, sign and trade brown, sasha's expiring, 2 first round picks for paul and okafor :D

esewicked13
07-15-2010, 07:59 PM
chris paul to the nuggets.
chris goes to denver
chauncey billups,kenyon martin, 2 future 1st round draft picks.
denver's team would look like this........
pg-cp3/lawson
sg-afflalo/smith
sf-melo
pf-al harrington
c-nene/birdman
i dont know about defense but if they had this team they would have the #1 offense
plus melo and cp3 are really close buddies

slapnutz69
07-15-2010, 08:01 PM
pipe down a bit buddy

+1

HornetsSolution
07-15-2010, 08:03 PM
maybe if they were willing to spend but they are just shedding salaries and rebuilding

Next year we have about 24million or even more coming off the books. We aren't rebuilding. We are reloading. And our new owner will spend money.

jiggin
07-15-2010, 08:03 PM
once I see a legit report that he is on the block i will start speculating.

otherwise, what is the point?

Patrick Swayze
07-15-2010, 08:04 PM
andrew bynum, sign and trade brown, sasha's expiring, 2 first round picks for paul and okafor :D

Worst offer yet.

cheetos185
07-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Next year we have about 24million or even more coming off the books. We aren't rebuilding. We are reloading. And our new owner will spend money.

thats what the nets said how is proky doing lol

cheetos185
07-15-2010, 08:06 PM

pau gasol trade part 2

HornetsSolution
07-15-2010, 08:09 PM

We aren't rebuilding. We are reloading and we also have 24million + coming off the books.

grega1976
07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Houston- Aaron Brooks, Chase Budinger, Shane Battier, and both the Knicks first-rd picks...

HornetsSolution
07-15-2010, 08:14 PM
thats what the nets said how is proky doing lol

The nets don't have Chris Paul.

SANDBURG23
07-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Portland has a very good match. Bayless-PG, Przybilla-C, R.Fernandez-SG, L.Babbit-
SF and 1st rd pick.

Przybilla 7.65 mil would come off books next year.

BkOriginalOne
07-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Nets (can start with Harris)
Knicks (can start with felton)
The Hawks are stacked
The magic could make a deal (nelson, carter)
The Sixers could get a deal done (Iggy, Jrue, Lou WIll)

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum, Rudy Fernandez, 2 Firsts. I think that works out nicely for both sides.

raidersrock99
07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
kings trade cousins and 2 firsst round picks or something wwe have a lot of bigs can u imagine evans and paul backcourt \\\would never happen but would be nice

grega1976
07-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum, Rudy Fernandez, 2 Firsts. I think that works out nicely for both sides.

holy **** that's alot to give up for a PG, I don't care if it's CB3 or not you can't give up that much for him.

DRose7
Lakers. For Kobe and Gasol

zambo4president
Roy Hibbert, Brandon Rush, T.J. Ford (If he's an expiring), 1st Rounder. Pacers need a PG, they got pieces to do it. New Orleans has a young squad as it is and Hibbert's gonna be a beast, Rush is a starting quality player who's only improving. Ford would bring an expiring and then a first. Makes sense for New Orleans if he's gonna walk anyways.

nearyG
if new orleans were to trade chris paul it would be strickly a salary cap move...no one in their right mind would trade a point guard of his talents for any other reason...after the free-agent bonanza, teams with cap space and trade exceptions, young and controlable talent, expiring contracts and draft picks would probably the only teams able to make a package to satisfy the hornets...after all the money spent this offseason, only a handful of teams would be able to take on salary and has these assets to strike a deal...those teams would be charlotte, new york, new jersey minnesota and toronto...below i listed some possible packages that would garner a player of pauls talent...

to hornets- dj augustin- young pg prospect, eric dampier-non garunteed, boris diaw-expiring, 2011 first round pick, 2011 2nd round pick
to bobcats- chris paul, emeka okafor

to hornets- toney douglas- young pg, bill walker- prospect, eddy curry-expiring, 2011 first round pick, 2012 first round pick
to knicks- chris paul, james posey

to hornets- devin harris- young pg, derrick favors- pf prospect, 2011 first round pick- lottery protected
to nets- chris paul, james posey

to hornets- johnny flynn- young pg, wayne ellington- sg prospect, 2011 first round pick, 2011 2nd round pick
to twolves- chris paul, james posey

to hornets- 15m trade exception- acquired in chris bosh deal, raptors 2011 first round pick, miami 2011 first round pick, reggie evans-expiring, marcus banks-expiring, marco belinelli- expiring
to raptors- chris paul, james posey

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
holy **** that's alot to give up for a PG, I don't care if it's CB3 or not you can't give up that much for him.

No it isn't. The PG is your floor general, they would be giving up a nice PF and 2 wings who are expendable to them anyways for a top 3 PG. Paul and Roy together would be ridiculous.

grega1976
07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
We aren't rebuilding. We are reloading and we also have 24million + coming off the books.

not really, the Hornets suck. They have made some VERY bad moves the past couple of years and are going to have to rebuild to be relevant again. Fortunately for them they have good trade bait in CB3 and David West.

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 08:30 PM
when he plays full season he will be value and if not he's all hype now where did darko come in all this lol

your talking about a bust well oden kills when healthy,

darko couldnt kill a duck with one leg from a inch away with a 12 gauge, thats a bust

mike_noodles
07-15-2010, 08:32 PM
To the Raptors for Jose Calderon, Ed Davis and 2 1st round picks, plus we would be able to take Okafor's contract.

grega1976
07-15-2010, 08:36 PM
No it isn't. The PG is your floor general, they would be giving up a nice PF and 2 wings who are expendable to them anyways for a top 3 PG. Paul and Roy together would be ridiculous.

First off you don't build around a PG.. you build around Bigs and Wings... Secondly you had picks in the equation as well.. too much for a PG especially one coming off an injury

Bryrob58
07-15-2010, 08:38 PM
lol at all this homerism... There are only a few teams that have enough to give close to full value for CP3. Take a combination of any of the following players. Probably 2 or 3 from each (and picks).

Clippers; Griffin, Gordon, Aminu, Bledsoe, picks
Thunder; Green, Westbrook, Harden, picks
Kings; Cousins, Greene, Casspi, Thompson, picks
Nets; Harris, Favors, Williams, Lopez, picks

etc.

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Oden doesn't kill.. WTF are you talking about? the dude is a walking foul with ZERO offense.. man you are really ****ing high.. Zero cred already with just 40 posts under your belt... now hush and let people who know NBA talk...

raise your hand to speak! i forgot my old PSD account with twice as much as you have I was here in 05 with more post then you have now so dont run your mouth

You Dont Watch Portland Obviously

11.1PPG & 8.50RPG 2BPG 1APG 3 fouls per game in 23 minutes

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
First off you don't build around a PG.. you build around Bigs and Wings... Secondly you had picks in the equation as well.. too much for a PG especially one coming off an injury

:laugh2: Oh so now your gonna tell me about basketball? Get the **** outta here. Aldridge, Batum, Rudy and 2 1sts is fine for a top 3 PG.

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 08:45 PM
:laugh2: Oh so now your gonna tell me about basketball? Get the **** outta here. Aldridge, Batum, Rudy and 2 1sts is fine for a top 3 PG.

the guy just runs his mouth without knowing facts he's another bicker on PSD, He's probly 14

grega1976
07-15-2010, 08:45 PM

who's the top PG's in the league and who wins titles? just askin cause the last time I remember a PG being the best player on a team and them winning a title was when Detroit won with Isaiah or maybe detroit with Billups, but that was kinda a fluke since they had such a balanced team with no stars.. so yah I'm gonna tell you because you obviously don't have much of a clue... And just outta curionsity who is Portlands post scorer if you get rid of Aldridge? how effective would Roy be without running the offense? he needs the ball to be effective just like CP3.. so you get the **** outta here cause you don't know ****

mikantsass
07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Rip
Tayshawn
Stuckey
2 1st rounders

FOR

Paul
Peja

grega1976
07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
the guy just runs his mouth without knowing facts he's another bicker on PSD, He's probly 14

34, so you're only off by 20yrs.. and I've forgotten more about NBA than you'll ever know son!

jiggin
07-15-2010, 08:47 PM
some raw numbers since you apparently don't know what you are talking about and are letting his injury situation the last 2 years cloud your judgement on what he does when he IS on the court playing:

Oden's 60.4% field goal shooting clip reprensented an increase of 4.1% over last year's 56.4%
Oden improved his free throw shooting by 12.9 percentage points to 76.6%.
His True Shooting percentage went up 4.8 percentage points to 64.7%
His Effective Field Goal percentage went up 4.1 percentage points to 60.5%
His PER rose 5 points to 23.1
His Block Percentage was 7.7%, meaning he blocked that percentage of the opponents' shots when he was on the floor.
His Offensive Rebounding Percentage was 15.6%, meaning when he was on the floor he rebounded that percentage of all available offensive rebounds. By comparison LaMarcus Aldridge's rate was 8.1%.
His Defensive Rebounding Percentage was 28.3%, which means the same thing except on the defensive end. Consider that there are 10 guys on the court when each shots goes up and Greg vacuumed up over 28% of those rebounds. By comparison LaMarcus Aldridge's rate was 18.6%.
His Total Rebounding Percentage was 21.9%. (Again, ten guys on the floor!)
His Offensive Rating, measuring points scored per 100 possessions, was 118, up 2 from last season. Brandon Roy's was 117.
His Defensive Rating, measuring points allowed per 100 possessions was 100, down 4 from last season (which is a good thing, as lower is better here). Nicolas Batum's was 107.

Let's put some of those numbers in perspective by looking at a couple other decent centers whose names begin with "O". Shaquille O'Neal in his prime topped out at around a 25% defensive rebounding rate and 18.3% total rebounding rate. (He did have one higher season when he was younger.) Hakeem Olajuwon matched Oden's 2009-10 percentage for a couple seasons in his prime. Olajuwon's Offensive Rating also maxed out at around 118. Obviously I'm not comparing Greg to either of those all-universe players on the basis of one-quarter season worth of stats. Early on I helped lead the charge against exactly that kind of comparison and I have not changed my position that Greg will probably never be (nor will the Blazers need him to be) a superstar. But Oden's progress and production this year merit attention and those numbers show it. If they're at all indicative of his direction the Blazers have multiple reasons to be hopeful, bordering on ecstatic.

Several other stats recommend Greg's effect on the game as a whole. His plus-minus was around +3.7 per game. He built a PER advantage of +12.7 over opposing centers head-to-head. The Blazers scored more per 100 possessions and gave up fewer per 100 possessions when Greg played versus when he didn't. Portland's Effective Field Goal percentage rose almost 3% and the opponent's fell almost 3% when Greg played versus when he sat. Portland's rebounding went through the roof too.

Few players leave such a definitive imprint on the game that you can watch a team's course change when they take the floor. Oden developed some of that mojo this year. Once he got acclimated his interior patrolling and rebounding transformed Portland's defense. As November progressed opposing announcers started talking in awed terms about the Blazers' ability to shut down opponents...an observation that was woefully absent in January and February save among those who only measured pace-adjusted stats. Though Greg's offensive adjustment took longer you began to watch opponents devote constant attention, sometimes with extra men, down low and particularly on the offensive boards when he set up shop. Portland's tent had plenty of length and width without Oden. He was the central post that provided the height and made the whole useable, even comfortable. This team wasn't the same without him.

The enormous, blinking-neon-sign caveat is that we saw only 21 games before Greg's thigh muscle turned his kneecap into a jigsaw puzzle. This limits the validity of the statistical comparisons. This limits the sustainability of the praise. Most importantly it limits the Blazers' confidence relying on Greg in the future. Oden is one of Portland's most critical pieces, maybe the most critical piece when all is said and done. Sadly he's still a huge maybe instead of a huge YES. Reality check: unless he can stay healthy none of the other developments matter.

Whether it takes months or years the Blazers need a well-adjusted, dependably-operative Greg Oden to have a legitimate shot at a title. At this point the number of months or years don't matter as long as it happens. Everybody from the most casual fan to Paul Allen is waiting to see if it will. Until then all we can say is that Portland has something special here but nobody knows if it will do them any good.

http://www.blazersedge.com/stories/25

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 08:48 PM
hahaaa 49 and retired so your a kid in my books! i got kids your age son! hell i might be your dad!

20GoodTimes20
07-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Houston- Aaron Brooks, Chase Budinger, Shane Battier, and both the Knicks first-rd picks...

I'd rather...

a] Brooks, battier, jeffries, and two 1st's.
b] Brooks, battier jeffries, hill, 1st.

For Paul and peja or emeka

Budinger is too valuable IMO to put in the trade.

dtmagnet
07-15-2010, 08:53 PM
I'd rather...

a] Brooks, battier, jeffries, and two 1st's.
b] Brooks, battier jeffries, hill, 1st.

For Paul and peja or emeka

Budinger is too valuable IMO to put in the trade.

If you're getting Chris Paul its worth it.

Atownballa5
07-15-2010, 08:54 PM
yea than he opts out in 2012 to play with knicks kill 2 birds with 1 stone lol

here comes the knicks fans opinions... you get melo and paul next year congrats, if you dont then your still gonna suck

netsgiantsyanks
07-15-2010, 08:56 PM
nets
harris and picks. Not that i would want to do that at all but we can if we wanted to

:speechless:

NYKnicks4511
07-15-2010, 08:57 PM

Lol good joke. He'd definitely spurn NYC for New Orleans :p

grega1976
07-15-2010, 08:57 PM
some raw numbers since you apparently don't know what you are talking about and are letting his injury situation the last 2 years cloud your judgement on what he does when he IS on the court playing:

http://www.blazersedge.com/stories/25

wow so Blazersedge.com wrote an article saying Oden wasn't a bust.. **** I was all wrong :facepalm:
what makes him even more of a bust is the fact they passed on Durrant, Horford, and Thadeus Young... Sam Bowie anyone?

grega1976
07-15-2010, 08:59 PM
If you're getting Chris Paul its worth it.

x2

NYKnicks4511
07-15-2010, 09:00 PM
here comes the knicks fans opinions... you get melo and paul next year congrats, if you dont then your still gonna suck

It's really funny when Nets fans tell people about winning :laugh:

Ty Fast
07-15-2010, 09:00 PM

throw in peja and gasol

jiggin
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
wow so Blazersedge.com wrote an article saying Oden wasn't a bust.. **** I was all wrong :facepalm:
what makes him even more of a bust is the fact they passed on Durrant, Horford, and Thadeus Young... Sam Bowie anyone?

you know so little its sad.

you must read the info, read the stats...

...its obvious you just open your mouth without doing any research.
:facepalm:

just what the NBA needs, fans that think they know it all without doing any research.

another example of open mouth insert foot.

its all good, it just obvious you don't know what you are talking about...even though you try and come off so "in your face" to show you know something...it actually shows the opposite.

good luck.

masalex1205
07-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Gerald Wallace (All-Star, NBA 1st team on a great contract), Dampier (instant expiring), DJ Augustine (young talent, rookie contract) for Paul, Okafor

Best deal I've seen thus far on this thread

masalex1205
07-15-2010, 09:05 PM
^sorry, with Gerald I meant All-NBA 1st team defense, sorry yall

20GoodTimes20
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
x2

Let's not discount the facts; AB is developing into an Allstar, Budinger is improving and would average 15per if he started this year, J. Hill(although inconsistent) improving in summer league. Battier and jeffries pretty large expiring contracts, not to mention, contributors. 1st round picks(unknown).

Still we be hard for me to part with most of that and Budinger.

But I get it, Paul is great.

Atownballa5
It's really funny when Nets fans tell people about winning :laugh:

its really funny that nets had one bad year and knicks are going on what? 5 or 6? kid your a joke i dont talk about winning cause we dont win, you dont win and you say you have a squad thats amazing... if you lived anywhere other than NYC your team would be a joke just like nets are considered

grega1976
you know so little its sad.

you must read the info, read the stats...

...its obvious you just open your mouth without doing any research.
:facepalm:

just what the NBA needs, fans that think they know it all without doing any research.

another example of open mouth insert foot.

its all good, it just obvious you don't know what you are talking about...even though you try and come off so "in your face" to show you know something...it actually shows the opposite.

good luck.

your so right Blazer fan... I could care less if Oden was a bust or not, cause I personally have Zero dislike for the Blazers... but if you want to do a simple search on Oden+Bust you will see that alot of people feel the same way... People who know alot more about the NBA than you and I... so stfu and go look at your Oden flashing his dick pictures again.

grega1976
07-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Gerald Wallace (All-Star, NBA 1st team on a great contract), Dampier (instant expiring), DJ Augustine (young talent, rookie contract) for Paul, Okafor

Best deal I've seen thus far on this thread
why would Charlotte want Okafor back? haven't you guys tortured yourself enough with him already? If I were Charlotte giving up Wallace I wouldn't take back Okafor's obscene contract... That's just me though

Ty Fast
07-15-2010, 09:12 PM
why would Charlotte want Okafor back? haven't you guys tortured yourself enough with him already? If I were Charlotte giving up Wallace I wouldn't take back Okafor's obscene contract... That's just me though

because they are also getting chris paul

jiggin
07-15-2010, 09:14 PM
your so right Blazer fan... I could care less if Oden was a bust or not, cause I personally have Zero dislike for the Blazers... but if you want to do a simple search on Oden+Bust you will see that alot of people feel the same way... People who know alot more about the NBA than you and I... so stfu and go look at your Oden flashing his dick pictures again.

yet every GM in basketball said they would have picked Oden in that draft too...you just don't pass up on a 7+ foot center with that high of an upside.

its all good. you talk out your *** and then expect people to take that **** as you know basketball and the NBA. Most of us see through that.

If you don't know about something, don't speak on the topic. there, I just saved you some time and ridicule going forward.

PS - I love it when people count out very young players. Its awesome to watch them come back and all the naysayers take notice and eat crow.

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 09:14 PM

Exactly so dont comment a something you have no interest in, and WTF are you talking about greg odens dick WTF you got problems

IndiansFan337
07-15-2010, 09:15 PM
If they let him walk they will be worse off than the Cavs are now after losing LBJ. They are way behind the Saints in terms of fan support. The differential will be even greater if/when Paul departs. They need to deal him for some solid pieces between now and Feb 2012. It's unfortunate that these smaller market teams are going to continue to lose their star players to the larger market teams. It used to only happen in MLB, but it seems to be happening in the NBA now too.

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 09:17 PM
yet every GM in basketball said they would have picked Oden in that draft too...you just don't pass up on a 7+ foot center with that high of an upside.

its all good. you talk out your *** and then expect people to take that **** as you know basketball and the NBA. Most of us see through that.

If you don't know about something, don't speak on the topic. there, I just saved you some time and ridicule going forward.

PS - I love it when people count out very young players. Its awesome to watch them come back and all the naysayers take notice and eat crow.

exactly :clap:

jiggin
07-15-2010, 09:18 PM
As with any team in any sport, it would be stupid for them to trade him inside the division or inside the conference. If they can't find someone out west with a decent return, they should just hold on to him and let that desire from other teams fester till the deadline.

The guy is good and runs an offense pretty freaking well. NO would be stupid to keep him in the east and have to face him regularly.

celtsballa21
07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Lakers would be terrible if they got Chris Paul. The only way would be a Paul and Okafor/Peja for Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. Lakers would have Paul, Kobe, Artest....then nothing. A great PG isnt anything without a counter part big man.

DenButsu
07-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Firstly, it would be terrible if Denver did this to Chauncey, and the truth is I'd hate to see it happen to him. That being said, however, if you have the opportunity to land Chris Paul, you absolutely must take it.

So...

Billups/K-Mart/Smith/2011 1st

for

CP3/Okafor/Posey

I'm sure some will scoff in terms of there being a talent and age discrepancy here. But the bottom line reason for why the Hornets might do it is that no other team is going to offer them a trade that saves them as much money. In this case, $75,308,111 over four seasons.

Secondary reasons include:
-They get one of the best possible player-coaches in the league to help bring up Collison.
-Few, if any, other trade partners will take Okafor off their hands.
-While giving J.R. a second chance has its risks, it could pay off. But if not, he's either expiring, or, holding his Bird rights, they could use him as a trade asset in a S&T.
-There's a chance, given his recent surgery (on top of his history of injuries) that Kenyon Martin will miss the number of games required for insurance to pay for 80% of his salary, saving the Hornets an additional $13,436,363.
-If they are losing CP3 anyhow, which seems nearly inevitable at this point, then by default they are rebuilding, and starting from the 2011-12 season, this gives them an incredible amount of cap space and flexibility moving forward with the rebuilding process.

Guaranteed salaries

Player 2010-2011 2011-2012 2012-2013 2013-2014
Chris Paul 14,940,153 16,359,805 17,779,458
Emeka Okafor 11,795,000 12,792,500 13,790,000 14,787,500
James Posey 6,478,600 6,925,400

Total 33,213,753 36,077,705 31,569,458 14,787,500

Player 2010-2011 2011-2012
Kenyon Martin 16,795,454
C. Billups 13,150,000 3,700,000*
J.R. Smith 6,694,851

Total 36,640,305 3,700,000

N.O. Saves -3,426,552 32,377,705 31,569,458 14,787,500

N.O. Total Savings: $75,308,111

*Only $3,700,000 of Billups' 2011-12 contract is guaranteed)

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
CP3 to portland but if kevin Pritchard does sign with the hornets he wont get traded so this will get switched to who has the pieces to get Tony Parker

Ty Fast
07-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Lakers would be terrible if they got Chris Paul. The only way would be a Paul and Okafor/Peja for Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. Lakers would have Paul, Kobe, Artest....then nothing. A great PG isnt anything without a counter part big man.

Not necessarily. CP3 never had a great big man in New Orleans. Jason Kidd never had a great big man in NJ. A great pg can change the way a team plays.

grega1976
07-15-2010, 09:31 PM

you can't tell these dudes anything.. they think a great PG wins rings.

grega1976
07-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Not necessarily. CP3 never had a great big man in New Orleans. Jason Kidd never had a great big man in NJ. A great pg can change the way a team plays.

just curious.. how many rings did JKidd win?

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 09:33 PM
who's the top PG's in the league and who wins titles? just askin cause the last time I remember a PG being the best player on a team and them winning a title was when Detroit won with Isaiah or maybe detroit with Billups, but that was kinda a fluke since they had such a balanced team with no stars.. so yah I'm gonna tell you because you obviously don't have much of a clue... And just outta curionsity who is Portlands post scorer if you get rid of Aldridge? how effective would Roy be without running the offense? he needs the ball to be effective just like CP3.. so you get the **** outta here cause you don't know ****

:laugh: :laugh: Wow your old and apparently senile already. No I definitely know what I'm talking about as anyone here will tell you. Your one of those cocky bastards that thinks their opinion is all mighty, and it's hilarious because each time you open your mouth you just lose more credibility. Roy doesn't have to run the offense when you put him with the 2nd or 3rd best PG in the game. Oden and Pryzbila makes for a good rebounding duo while Paul and Roy would run the offense, it would be a different look but it surely could work. Mix in a slashing wing and that would be a dangerous team.

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 09:36 PM

You hit it right on the head jiggin

jiggin
07-15-2010, 09:36 PM
getting to the playoffs is the goal. from there its not about who the best team is its about who the best team at that time.

GeekInThePink
07-15-2010, 09:38 PM
You hit it right on the head jiggin

yeah he made that foo' look like a jive sucka' ::p

Ty Fast
07-15-2010, 09:38 PM
just curious.. how many rings did JKidd win?

None, but in my defence he ran into 2 dynasties and he took the Nets to the Finals 2 years in a row. Kobe and CP3 would be deadly together.

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 09:40 PM
but he did take his team to the finals 2 straight years, and lost to shaq and kobe & the Spurs which were very good teams

LAKE Show getting paul would be Dumb for them they dont need him anyway D-Fish is doing just fine, and they got steve blake, a great PG isnt Needed for a championship

jeter 2
07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Wilson Chandler(23), Danilo Gallinari (22), Kelenna Azuibuike, Turiaf for Chris Paul. No Eddy Curry or Felton for Hornets fans =).

jiggin
I bet duncan would disagree, parker made that 2007 championship happen and was even the MVP i believe.

All of these combos aren't nearly effective nor are the big men involved as dominate with out the PG making up the tandem:

Stephen Curry and David Lee (Warriors)
Ray Felton and Amar’e Stoudemire (Knicks)
Tony Parker and Tim Duncan (Spurs)
Devin Harris and Brook Lopez (Nets)
Brandon Jennings and Andrew Bogut (Bucks)
Jason Kidd and Dirk Nowitzki (Mavericks)
Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett (Celtics)
Chris Paul and David West (Hornets)
Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard (Magic)
Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer (Bulls)

Who needs point guards to win basketball games and get into the playoffs...? LOL

Blazers#1Fan
yeah he made that foo' look like a jive sucka' ::p

a straight Jive Turkey hahaaa

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 09:44 PM
I bet duncan would disagree, parker made that 2007 championship happen and was even the MVP i believe.

All of these combos aren't nearly effective nor are the big men involved as dominate with out the PG making up the tandem:

Who needs point guards to win basketball games and get into the playoffs...? LOL

Keep Putting the guys foot in his mouth it gets funnier everytime

blazerman
07-15-2010, 09:45 PM
you can't tell these dudes anything.. they think a great PG wins rings.

Great PG'S do win titles Magic Johnson has 5 rings, Isiah Thomas 2, Bob Cousy has 6 rings too!

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 09:46 PM

Don't forget D Will and Al Jefferson.

HornetsSolution
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Lol good joke. He'd definitely spurn NYC for New Orleans :p

Not for New Orleans. For Chris Paul. Don't get it twisted. NYC have no guaranteed from Melo.

HornetsSolution
07-15-2010, 09:50 PM
not really, the Hornets suck. They have made some VERY bad moves the past couple of years and are going to have to rebuild to be relevant again. Fortunately for them they have good trade bait in CB3 and David West.

Which is why that GM got fired. We can be back with a couple of trades.

jeter 2
07-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Not for New Orleans. For Chris Paul. Don't get it twisted. NYC have no guaranteed from Melo.

Apparently, Chris Broussard has reported that Carmelo is dying to play in New York. Thats why the Knicks fans believe they are getting Carmelo. The reason why the Knicks fan believes that they will get CP3 because he made statement at Melo's reception that he and Melo should go form a Big 3 in New York. I'll be honest. I know a lot of people laugh at the Knick fan's belief that they will get both of them after only getting Amare, but we have never heard news of this magnitude about any of the free agents of this years' class. Heat fans were talking of a trio of Wade, Lebron and Bosh, and people shrugged it off. If the Heat can, the Knicks can. They may be the only team with the cap space to pull this sort of coup.

Ty Fast
07-15-2010, 09:54 PM

duncan made all of those championship teams happen. it dont matter if he won mvp or not. he was the straw that stirred the drink for that dynasty

grega1976
07-15-2010, 09:56 PM
None, but in my defence he ran into 2 dynasties and he took the Nets to the Finals 2 years in a row. Kobe and CP3 would be deadly together.

are you ****ing serious... did you say Jason Kidd and Dynasty in the same sentence? you have to win rings to be a Dynasty...

Ty Fast
07-15-2010, 09:59 PM
are you ****ing serious... did you say Jason Kidd and Dynasty in the same sentence? you have to win rings to be a Dynasty...

i said he got beat by two dynasties being the lakers (3 in a row) and spurs
(4 titles in 9 years)

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 09:59 PM

:laugh: :laugh: Are you ****ing serious? He said Jason Kidd ran in too a dynasty not ran one. Is that all you can come up with? Why didn't you respond to anything jiggin or I said?

coolmo
07-15-2010, 10:00 PM
it is crazy unrealistic idea but it will be the better team than miami now.

miami trade wade for cp3.

cp3 + LBJ + BOSH works better than Wade + LBJ + BOSH IMO.
i know it's stupid to say, but couldn't help it. lol

grega1976
07-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Great PG'S do win titles Magic Johnson has 5 rings, Isiah Thomas 2, Bob Cousy has 6 rings too!

Magic was a freak, oh and he had Kareem and Worthy and quite possibly the best all around team ever... I gaive Isaiah his due cause he really was the best player on their team, and Cousy had Bill Russell... as far as Parker on the Spurs, anyone who thinks Parker is the best player on that team is a ****ing moron..

Ty Fast
07-15-2010, 10:01 PM
:laugh: :laugh: Are you ****ing serious? He said Jason Kidd ran in too a dynasty not ran one. Is that all you can come up with? Why didn't you respond to anything jiggin or I said?

he just miss read. not a problem. happened to me a few times on this site. all is well

grega1976
07-15-2010, 10:02 PM
i said he got beat by two dynasties being the lakers (3 in a row) and spurs
(4 titles in 9 years)

ahhh.. my bad, sorry lil drunk.. I completely misread that.. It makes alot more since your way;)

grega1976
07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
duncan made all of those championship teams happen. it dont matter if he won mvp or not. he was the straw that stirred the drink for that dynasty

:clap:

Ty Fast
07-15-2010, 10:04 PM
ahhh.. my bad, sorry lil drunk.. I completely misread that.. It makes alot more since your way;)

no problem. like i said i miss read stuff a lot too

BSF101
07-15-2010, 10:06 PM
It ain't gonna be Boston lol.

JDMVP
07-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Gotta be the Knicks Eddy Curry contract, probably chandler or douglas and picks they have the pieces. If the Hornets want to trade him im sure they want to trade him in the east.

BSF101
07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
If he really is on the block who has the pieces to get him? Maybe Boston could offer Rondo as the centerpiece of a package. Maybe L.A or Orlando could package something up. I think if Chris Paul is going to be traded Peja Stojakovic will be in the same trade. What do you think?

If Boston trades away Rondo their stupid end of story.

ManningToTyree
07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
You guys sound like kids. I'm older than you so im smarter. I have more posts so I Know more about sports. STFU! Guess how many posts MJ has on PSD? I guess that means he knows **** about hoops.

Now back to Mr. Paul. NO will never get equal value. They will get 1-2 young prospects, an expiring and a couple of picks. Almost every team in league could put this together, however only a few can match the $. The Knicks would def. be in play

NYKnicks4511
07-15-2010, 10:12 PM
its really funny that nets had one bad year and knicks are going on what? 5 or 6? kid your a joke i dont talk about winning cause we dont win, you dont win and you say you have a squad thats amazing... if you lived anywhere other than NYC your team would be a joke just like nets are considered

It's actually really funny that you mention sucking, because you were the definition of the words 'suck, blow, awful, horrible, etc etc.'

Anyways, the Knicks have been awful for the last 9 years actually, not five or six. Also the Nets haven't had 'one bad year', unless you consider (34-48) in '07-08 as well as '08-'09 a 'good year'

@ Bolded: Are you hallucinating? Try reading my original post again, I only scoffed at you calling the Knicks awful when your own team won 12 games. When did I say the Knicks won anything :confused:

When you lash out at people, at least get your facts straight.
Oh and don't think you upset me by calling me 'kid'. I am a kid ;D

EDIT: To stay on topic, I think since CP3 already cited the Knicks at Melo's wedding, if Chandler or Gallo have a good year up til the trade deadline - we could ship either or both to N.O. along with the Curry expiring contract as well as Douglas/Walker etc.

It's far fetched but this league is controlled by the superstar players - if CP3 wants to go to 'Team X', then he will find some way to land on that team whether it be the Heat, Knicks, or whatever

grega1976
07-15-2010, 10:14 PM

Stephen Curry and David Lee (Warriors)---- 0 rings
Ray Felton and Amar’e Stoudemire (Knicks)--- 0 rings
Tony Parker and Tim Duncan (Spurs)--- 3 rings... Oh and BTW Duncan won a ring without Parker as well
Devin Harris and Brook Lopez (Nets)--- 0 rings
Brandon Jennings and Andrew Bogut (Bucks)--- 0 rings
Jason Kidd and Dirk Nowitzki (Mavericks)--- 0 rings
Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett (Celtics)--- 1 ring
Chris Paul and David West (Hornets)--- 0 rings
Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard (Magic)--- 0 rings
Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer (Bulls)--- 0 rings

wow I see your point :eyebrow:

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 10:16 PM
You guys sound like kids. I'm older than you so im smarter. I have more posts so I Know more about sports. STFU! Guess how many posts MJ has on PSD? I guess that means he knows **** about hoops.

Now back to Mr. Paul. NO will never get equal value. They will get 1-2 young prospects, an expiring and a couple of picks. Almost every team in league could put this together, however only a few can match the $. The Knicks would def. be in play

I don't think anyone said that. And yeah you should keep your post count low if your serious on the 2nd part of your post.

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Houston possibly.

Battier and Jeffries to take back Okafor's contract.
Jordan Hill, Aaron Brooks, Knicks first next season.
Add David Andersen and Chuck Hayes to match salaries.
Gotta find someone to take Brooks as part of the trade too since it'd be pointless to have Brooks and Collison.

Anyway, if someone gets moved, it most likely will be Collison. Paul can pay for himself and Okafor.

Hugbees
07-15-2010, 10:40 PM
cheeto185

this is what portland offered

wtf? that's a trash heap. and lol no aldridge. rrrrrrrrrright...

DraKo
07-15-2010, 10:42 PM
I think they are going to want:

- A young piece or 2 moving forward
- Picks
- An expiring bundled in the deal in order for the other team to take Okafor's contract back.

Since I know Dallas made multiple calls to NO about Paul, I'm assuming this was around the offer...

Roddy B, 2 1st, Butler, Barea

This

*Silver&Black*
07-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Would Hornets be interested in a all-star PF/C on his rookie contract (which they want cheap salary anyways) in Al Horford. Fill out the trade with even salary:

Horford, Jamal, Bibby and a 1st for CP3 and Okafor?

Why would the Hornets want the main piece be a PG when they will have Collison? Horford is prob better going forward than any PG.

Collison
Jamal/Thornton
Peja
West
Horford

CP3
Joe Johnson/Jordan Crawford
Evans
Josh Smith
Shaq(the trade for Marvin)

xxplayerxx23
07-15-2010, 10:46 PM
I dont want to get to this But a point guard is important in getting a ring. Jason kidd doesnt have a ring your right, but he did make it to two finals. Plus the point guard doesnt have to be the best player on the team to make a big difference. Toney parker won mvp , He was a big part in that championship . Point guards are important. If paul got traded to the lakers for bynym, Gasol, and picks your ganna tell me they dont win a championship????

blazerman
07-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Magic was a freak, oh and he had Kareem and Worthy and quite possibly the best all around team ever... I gaive Isaiah his due cause he really was the best player on their team, and Cousy had Bill Russell... as far as Parker on the Spurs, anyone who thinks Parker is the best player on that team is a ****ing moron..

Keep making excuses as to who those PG's have on their team because without any of those PG's above those teams wouldnt have won all those titles.

No individual position wins titles, teams do!

blazerman
07-15-2010, 11:59 PM
wtf? that's a trash heap. and lol no aldridge. rrrrrrrrrright...

You dont know ****! Trash heap!:facepalm:

NBA-GMaster
07-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Orlando..

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 12:20 AM
BOS might be able to do it. Only if they make a move w/ Collison to unload Okafor (the Curry+Chandler for Collison+Okafor deal w/ the Knicks that's been tossed around here comes to mind). Then BOS could put together a pckage of Rondo and picks (maybe dealing Sheed for Posey in the same deal to save more money for NO). That gives NO a top notch PG for the future (he's signed).

Long shot though...

HornetsSolution
07-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Apparently, Chris Broussard has reported that Carmelo is dying to play in New York. Thats why the Knicks fans believe they are getting Carmelo. The reason why the Knicks fan believes that they will get CP3 because he made statement at Melo's reception that he and Melo should go form a Big 3 in New York. I'll be honest. I know a lot of people laugh at the Knick fan's belief that they will get both of them after only getting Amare, but we have never heard news of this magnitude about any of the free agents of this years' class. Heat fans were talking of a trio of Wade, Lebron and Bosh, and people shrugged it off. If the Heat can, the Knicks can. They may be the only team with the cap space to pull this sort of coup.

Of course he would love to play in New York if everything is line up right. But he haven't came out and said New York is were I wanna be and no were else. It wasn't just the cap space that lead them to the Heat. It was also Pat Riley. They knew the Riley plus them being the best players at they position could get some good players. They all sign similar deals to make it happen. Amare sign a deal 5yrs 99million which is close to 20mil a year. You gone ask Mel and CP3 to take less? All I'm saying that its not set in stone.

kikeyanez
07-16-2010, 12:42 AM
three way trade~ nuggets get the center they need! hornets get a young future star in curry an kenyon martins an dan expireing contracts an the warriors get the star player they have been looking for plus a over paided center to replace a.b

Nuggets
vlad rad 6.8 total> 15.8 + warriors trade exception 'cash' = 16.5
andris biedrins 9.0
warriors trade exception 'cash'

Hornets
kenyon martin 16.5
stephen curry 2.9 total>26.6
dan gadzuric 7.2

warriors
chris paul 14.9 total> 26.3
emeka okafur 11.4

nuggetsyankees
07-16-2010, 12:47 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fkvj92

the talent isn't equal, but if they're looking for a straight salary dump and are in rebuilding mode, I don't see why not

*Silver&Black*
07-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Hornets dump salary and get a young all-star PF:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2at9a6x

Atownballa5
07-16-2010, 01:23 AM
It's actually really funny that you mention sucking, because you were the definition of the words 'suck, blow, awful, horrible, etc etc.'

Anyways, the Knicks have been awful for the last 9 years actually, not five or six. Also the Nets haven't had 'one bad year', unless you consider (34-48) in '07-08 as well as '08-'09 a 'good year'

@ Bolded: Are you hallucinating? Try reading my original post again, I only scoffed at you calling the Knicks awful when your own team won 12 games. When did I say the Knicks won anything :confused:

When you lash out at people, at least get your facts straight.
Oh and don't think you upset me by calling me 'kid'. I am a kid ;D

EDIT: To stay on topic, I think since CP3 already cited the Knicks at Melo's wedding, if Chandler or Gallo have a good year up til the trade deadline - we could ship either or both to N.O. along with the Curry expiring contract as well as Douglas/Walker etc.

It's far fetched but this league is controlled by the superstar players - if CP3 wants to go to 'Team X', then he will find some way to land on that team whether it be the Heat, Knicks, or whatever

alright when i said you i meant the majority of knicks fans, i know i should have been clearer. everybody has them trash years look at your knicks like you said 9 years...

i got no problem with knick fans, just ones who think they're team is better than others when they are just as low as some other teams

_KB24_
07-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Bynum or Gasol Or Odom for Paul. Anyone of those for Paul.

TheBomb255
07-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Bucks have a great chance to get Paul as well.

PG Brandon Jennings
SG Michael Redd
PF Ersan Illysova
2011 1st RD Pick

for

Chris Paul
Oakfour

Paul/Salmons/Delfino/Gooden/Bogut

tland22
07-16-2010, 02:02 AM
I think it would be near impossible for the Hornets to get full value for CP3

well said... yea he is an elite player and no way they could get an even value for him...

tland22
07-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Bosh for CP3? lol

:clap:

hahahaha yes! that would be disgusting. The heat would KILL people...imagine Bron Bron, Chris Paul, and Wade pushing the ball and running up and down the court on people. It is impossible to stop that break. Theyd score 120pt per game...would even need to play D lol..even tho they all do it well

commonsense12
07-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Does Paul have a no trade or limited trade clause?

Also if Paul gets traded it will not be for equal value, so tons of teams can put together a package. Teh big sticking point is salary.

Also few side notes:
Having a top notch pg really isnt that important. Teams like the Lakers or Bulls teams come to mind. One of the best PGs ever was Stockton and he has zero rings. Look at some others Nash and Kidd, nope no rings. The majority of championships are won with star SG, SF and PF.

Also in terms of Oden, he is as of right now a bust. While other players have flourished he has not even been on the floor. Could he turn it around? Sure but as of now he is a complete bust. Now no offense Blazer fans but out of all the teams you guys way over value all of your players. Not all of you but most of you do. I remember last year some of you were talking how Pryz was going to opt out and get a huge deal, well didnt happen and i am sure he is happy to be making the 7 mill+. I dont want to hear that injury crap either because if Yao opted out he would have scored a big deal somewhere.

DenButsu
07-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Does Paul have a no trade or limited trade clause?

Only Kobe and Dirk have no trade clauses.

JOSKOMANG4
07-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Blazers!!!

- Blazers acquire CP3 & SF Peja

- Hornets acquire PG A.Miller, SF N.Batum, SG R.Fernandez, C G.Oden, & 2 future 1st rd picks.

Hornets Lineup:

C) Okafur/G.Oden/Gray
PF) West/Songalia/Brackins
SF) N.Batum/Posey/J.Wright
SG) R.Fernandez/Thorton/Pondexter
PG) A.Miller/D.Collison

Blazers:

C) Camby/Pryz
PF) Aldridge/Pendergraph
SF) Peja/Babbitt/Cunninghman
SG) Roy/W.Matthews/E.Williams
PG) CP3/J.Bayliss/P.Mills/A.Johnson

On Paper.. Blazers woudl win their division and possibly a top 3 seed in the Western Conference.

For the HOrnets.. not too shabby.. IMO.. still a playoff contender; possibly 7-8 seed.

NBA-GMaster
07-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Orlando Magic

Trade 1: Hornets trade Paul and Posey for Magic Nelson, Gortat or Bass and Pietrus plus 1st rd pick..

Trade 2: Hornets trade Paul, Okafor, Stojakovic for Carter, Nelson, Gortat and Pietrus(optional 1st rd pick)..

trade 1:
Hornets
Okafor/Gortat or Bass/Gray
West/Brackins/Songaila
Stojakovic/Wright
Pietrus/Thornton/Pondexter
Nelson/Collison

Magic
Howard/Bass or Gortat/Orton
Lewis/Anderson
(Barnes if he resign)Posey/Richardson
Carter/Redick/Robinson
Paul/Duhon

Trade 2

Hornets
Gortat/Gray
West/Brackins/Songaila
Pietrus/Posey/Wright
Carter/Thornton/Pondexter
Nelson/Collison

Magic
Okafor/Bass/Orton
Howard/Anderson
Lewis/Stojakovic
Redick/Richardson/Robinson
Paul/Duhon

Note: Hornets wants to rebuild and trade Stojakovic's and Okafor's contract..

Jetsguy
07-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Knicks for Felton, Gallanari, 1st, Curry Expiring (Chandler optional) for Paul and Okafur

mwoodri
07-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Pritch will never trade Paul if he gets the GM job.

Giantwarrior
07-16-2010, 11:49 AM
just wait till he's a free agent. he wants to sign with the knicks anyway.

Barracuda
07-16-2010, 11:54 AM
He wants to go to NY. Now he can;t but in couple of years after contract is over he will. Why would any team even try to get CP3 now? I think it's for a shprt time("rental") and too expansive.

Jetsguy
07-16-2010, 11:56 AM
just wait till he's a free agent. he wants to sign with the knicks anyway.

He wants to go to NY. Now he can;t but in couple of years after contract is over he will. Why would any team even try to get CP3 now? I think it's for a shprt time("rental") and too expansive.

IDK man that is a tuff seel to knick fans these days. After the debacle of the last few seasons I am not willing to take that chance that he wants to play in NY because afterall so did LBJ in 2008 right?

I give up anyone not named STAT provided we still have enough to have a team.

Joe09
07-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Curry (expiring), chandler, felton, walker (2first round picks) for cp3 and either peja or oakfor there choice.

DRE'-MAC
07-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Brooks budinger hill and a knick draft pick for paul

MacFitz92
07-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Mavericks have two big expirings in Chandler and Butler, so near the trade deadline if things don't work out for New Orleans, maybe:

Okafor, Posey, + CP3 for Butler, Chandler, and Roddy.

Kakaroach
07-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Pritch will never trade Paul if he gets the GM job. Exactly, if Pritchard does get the job the first thing he'll do is say Chris Paul is off the market. He's a good GM, and unless he gets some ridiculous package he will build around Paul.

DenButsu
07-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Mavericks have two big expirings in Chandler and Butler, so near the trade deadline if things don't work out for New Orleans, maybe:

Okafor, Posey, + CP3 for Butler, Chandler, and Roddy.

Billups, K-Mart and Smith = better value + not a division rival. :nod:

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 02:01 PM
HOU should go for this. They have Patrick Patterson, Aaron Brooks, Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill and a Knicks' pick. They could also include Battier (expiring) for Posey in the deal (2 yrs remining) to save the cash strapped Hornets some money. Getting Aaron Brooks back would allow them to package Collison w/ Okafor to shed that deal and let the rebuilding begin.

THE MTL
07-16-2010, 02:51 PM
I would say Houston, Memphis, and New York

TehSamurai
07-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Guys, I think we need another Chris Paul trade thread. Only then will the Hornets trade him to your team for scraps.

Get to it!

Chief Smoke
07-16-2010, 07:00 PM
LOL...you guys are crazy thinking N.O. is going to give him up for anything less than 2 1st round picks and at least a all-star player in return , it will be rough. The only way a team might get him for cheap is if he demands a trade and act *****y.

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 07:08 PM
IND gets:

PG Aaron Brooks - IND has been looking for a PG for what seems like years. Brooks would give them a PG that fits their team. He can give Danny Granger the sidekick he needs.

HOU gets:

PG Chris Paul - He gives them the superstar they need to become elite. W/ (a hopefully healthy) Yao providing a dominant low post threat, Kevin Martin scoring on the perimeter, and CP3 running the show, HOU would have one of the best trios in the NBA. Throw in solid role players like Ariza and Scola and you have one of the best starting 5s in the NBA.

F James Posey - He has 2 years left on his deal. Shane Battier has 1. Swapping these two players makes the deal more attractive to NO because it saves them some cash. They have similar skill sets, so their is not really much of a loss for HOU.

NO gets:

G/F Shane Battier - He is an expiring deal. W/ the addition of Posey, he is expendable for HOU. He has one year left on his deal as opposed to 2, so he has value to the cash-strapped Hornets.

F Jared Jefferies - He is another expiring. That's the sole purpose of him in this trade. HOU took him on primarily to get the picks they did from the Knicks in a midseason trade. HOU would have no problem using him to match salaries in a trade for a superstar like CP3.

G/F Brandon Rush - He is a talented young player, but he hasn't been able to put it together in his 2 years w/ IND. I think, despite his remaining upside, IND would deal him to fix their PG woes. NO has Collison as their PG for the future and Marcus Throrton as their SG. Rush could be the SF they need. His defensice upside make him a good compliment to Thorton on the wing.

G/F Chase Buddinger - Another young, talented wing player for NO. If Thorton and Rush start at SG and SF, they will need a backup. Buddinger could be a great scorer off the bench for them. Position is not as important as talent here. I know NO seems to be stockpiling wings in this trade, but they need to worry about getting young talent back if they deal CP3. Get a bunch of talented players, and the rest will fall into place.

F/C Jordan Hill - NO could use some young athletic players in the front court. Just last year, this guy was the #8 pick in the draft. He never really got any consistant PT in NY or HOU. NO could make him the primary backup at both the PF (David West) and C (Okafor) spots. He has significant upside, and that makes him an attractive piece for a rebuilding team like NO (they would be one if they deal CP3).

Draft Picks - HOU would give up the pick they got from the Knicks (forget which year it is in). IND would give up their 2011 first rounder as well. Both picks will help NO add some young and talented pieces to their future.

smith&wesson
07-16-2010, 07:19 PM
he will get traded to newyork eventually for felton and picks or somthing.

Catfish1314
07-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Kings: Samuel Dalembert, Jason Thompson, Omri Casspi, 1st round pick(s) for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor

The Hornets would add two promising young pieces and a 1st round pick or two while also swapping Okafor's horrible contract for Sammy D's expiring. The Hornets would also get a fairly large TPE in the deal becaus the Kings are under the cap and would eat most of Paul's contract.

Realistically, I don't think Paul would ever go to the Kings but that would be a tough deal to beat.

grega1976
07-16-2010, 10:09 PM
IND gets:

PG Aaron Brooks - IND has been looking for a PG for what seems like years. Brooks would give them a PG that fits their team. He can give Danny Granger the sidekick he needs.

HOU gets:

PG Chris Paul - He gives them the superstar they need to become elite. W/ (a hopefully healthy) Yao providing a dominant low post threat, Kevin Martin scoring on the perimeter, and CP3 running the show, HOU would have one of the best trios in the NBA. Throw in solid role players like Ariza and Scola and you have one of the best starting 5s in the NBA.

F James Posey - He has 2 years left on his deal. Shane Battier has 1. Swapping these two players makes the deal more attractive to NO because it saves them some cash. They have similar skill sets, so their is not really much of a loss for HOU.

NO gets:

G/F Shane Battier - He is an expiring deal. W/ the addition of Posey, he is expendable for HOU. He has one year left on his deal as opposed to 2, so he has value to the cash-strapped Hornets.

F Jared Jefferies - He is another expiring. That's the sole purpose of him in this trade. HOU took him on primarily to get the picks they did from the Knicks in a midseason trade. HOU would have no problem using him to match salaries in a trade for a superstar like CP3.

G/F Brandon Rush - He is a talented young player, but he hasn't been able to put it together in his 2 years w/ IND. I think, despite his remaining upside, IND would deal him to fix their PG woes. NO has Collison as their PG for the future and Marcus Throrton as their SG. Rush could be the SF they need. His defensice upside make him a good compliment to Thorton on the wing.

G/F Chase Buddinger - Another young, talented wing player for NO. If Thorton and Rush start at SG and SF, they will need a backup. Buddinger could be a great scorer off the bench for them. Position is not as important as talent here. I know NO seems to be stockpiling wings in this trade, but they need to worry about getting young talent back if they deal CP3. Get a bunch of talented players, and the rest will fall into place.

F/C Jordan Hill - NO could use some young athletic players in the front court. Just last year, this guy was the #8 pick in the draft. He never really got any consistant PT in NY or HOU. NO could make him the primary backup at both the PF (David West) and C (Okafor) spots. He has significant upside, and that makes him an attractive piece for a rebuilding team like NO (they would be one if they deal CP3).

Draft Picks - HOU would give up the pick they got from the Knicks (forget which year it is in). IND would give up their 2011 first rounder as well. Both picks will help NO add some young and talented pieces to their future.

They get 2 picks from NY... kinda... they have rights to trade 1st round picks this year unless Knicks end up with #1, and they get the 2012 pick (without trading) unless it's a top 5

HornetsSolution
07-16-2010, 10:17 PM
LOL...you guys are crazy thinking N.O. is going to give him up for anything less than 2 1st round picks and at least a all-star player in return , it will be rough. The only way a team might get him for cheap is if he demands a trade and act *****y.

Rite!!! They throwing out these crappie role players. That's why I feel indiana have the upper hand if they wanted to trade Paul. All Star, role player and 2first.

Raps26
07-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Raptors will take Okafor as well as CP3 for TPE (cap relief)

*Silver&Black*
07-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Rite!!! They throwing out these crappie role players. That's why I feel indiana have the upper hand if they wanted to trade Paul. All Star, role player and 2first.

Um, Al Hoford (All-Star still on ROOKIE CONTRACT), Mike Bibby, Jamal Crawford and 2 1sts, while taking back Okafor's contract.

kjdills13
07-16-2010, 10:35 PM
the rockets are trying to make a play for free agents what if they made a trade.

ariza, martin, brooks, S&T scolla

for

chris paul, james posey, Emeka Okefor

the rockets give up a there 4 starters from last year,

the Hornets give up Okefor who they want to get rid of.

rockets

paul/lowry
battier/taylor
posey/hill/budinger
okefor/patterson
Yao/Hayes

that is a long team with shooters! a post player yao and the best PG in the nba. thats a verry good team

the hornets

get GREAT VALUE for paul get rid of okefors contract and get younger type players that are good players

HornetsSolution
07-17-2010, 01:29 AM
Um, Al Hoford (All-Star still on ROOKIE CONTRACT), Mike Bibby, Jamal Crawford and 2 1sts, while taking back Okafor's contract.

Yeah but the Hornets need a SF,C and maybe a PF. Al Hoford yes. Bibby and Crawford no.

BobSagetSucks
07-17-2010, 01:32 AM
chris paul should go to the blazers and play alongside with b-roy

*Silver&Black*
07-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Yeah but the Hornets need a SF,C and maybe a PF. Al Hoford yes. Bibby and Crawford no.

But the thing is if Chris Paul is traded for Granger, Hibbert, etc, will he stay in Indiana? Chris Paul being traded for Horford, Jamal, and Bibby puts him in a "bigger market" in Atlanta (where he wanted to be drafted btw) and still have a core of Joe Johnson and Josh Smith with him, so the chances is better for him to stay there.

I don't think the Pacers will give the team's star SF and young starting C away just to trade for a short rental of CP3.

And btw, Crawford is an expiring, to match contracts for the Hornets to unload Okafor's contract to ATL.

HornetsSolution
07-17-2010, 10:01 AM
But the thing is if Chris Paul is traded for Granger, Hibbert, etc, will he stay in Indiana? Chris Paul being traded for Horford, Jamal, and Bibby puts him in a "bigger market" in Atlanta (where he wanted to be drafted btw) and still have a core of Joe Johnson and Josh Smith with him, so the chances is better for him to stay there.

I don't think the Pacers will give the team's star SF and young starting C away just to trade for a short rental of CP3.

And btw, Crawford is an expiring, to match contracts for the Hornets to unload Okafor's contract to ATL.

That is true but maybe Paul can help Indiana attrack some players to come play for them.like I have said before if we trade Paul it isn't the benefit him by sending him to a good team and in return get a bunch of role players. Next year they will have some good free agents that they can get because they will have cap space. With trading him to Indiana it helps the Hornets get a All Star role player and maybe a top 5 lottery pick

kjdills13
07-17-2010, 10:16 AM
josh smith, mike biby, jamal crawford,marvin williams. 2011 first rounder, 2012 first rounder.

for

Paul, Posey, Okefor

they get josh smith to play PF david west is a FA and is really not that great, mike biby to backup pg, crawford would start and be a solid sg, williams a young sf get some youth on the team, and 2 first rounders if your rebuilding then you want picks. and they get out of okefors contract

hawks- get a star PG to pair with joe johnson, posey to replace williams and he is a clutch player with strong defense. Okefor to take over the C role so Horford can move to PF.

Paul
Johnson
Posey
Horford
Okefor

that team has ALOT of defense!!!!! and i think that team could compete for a title

Raidaz4Life
07-17-2010, 10:21 AM
he will get traded to newyork eventually for felton and picks or somthing.

:laugh:

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Nets have the peices.

julioluisveve
07-17-2010, 10:37 AM
It seems to me that the Knicks are always looking forward to the next year. They were supposed to sign Lebron in 2010 but didn't. Now they're talking about signing Carmelo and Paul in 2011 & 2012. What about the present year? It's always tomorrow. They have not improved the team. They just changed good players, Lee for Stoudemire. They should have signed Lee too.

GMEN4EVER
07-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Knicks, since that's a place he'd be willing to sign an extension with as part of the trade. Hornets would want a pg in return as well as someone to take over at the SF spot. And they could use a young PF for the future. So the knicks could give them Felton, Chandler, and Randolph, future first round picks, plus money since the hornets are trying to save cash. All three players are under 27, so it'd give the hornets good pieces to build around.

RapOZo
07-17-2010, 11:37 AM

ohh no pleeeease dont stop watchin basketball!! we need you man!! how could you do that to this organization!!
please the nba is beggin you to not stop watchin, please!

HOZ THE KNICK
07-17-2010, 11:39 AM
if pritchard becomes the gm be prepared to get raped because he's not letting cp3 go easy.

TEXASTITAN
07-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Houston has the assets to get just about anyone in a trade but if he's not going to resign i doubt they would do it. But they could put a package together of like brooks,ariza,knicks 1st rounder,jefferies,hill but like i said thats alot to give up for a rental.

TEXASTITAN
07-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Knicks, since that's a place he'd be willing to sign an extension with as part of the trade. Hornets would want a pg in return as well as someone to take over at the SF spot. And they could use a young PF for the future. So the knicks could give them Felton, Chandler, and Randolph, future first round picks, plus money since the hornets are trying to save cash. All three players are under 27, so it'd give the hornets good pieces to build around.

Houston has your first round picks for the next 2 years so good luck putting a deal together. Just Felton,chandler,randolph isn't going to get it done and i don't see them accepting picks in 2013-2014.

97NYer
07-17-2010, 12:35 PM
It seems to me that the Knicks are always looking forward to the next year. They were supposed to sign Lebron in 2010 but didn't. Now they're talking about signing Carmelo and Paul in 2011 & 2012. What about the present year? It's always tomorrow. They have not improved the team. They just changed good players, Lee for Stoudemire. They should have signed Lee too.

I agree to an extent. I wish we would focus more on the present rather than the future. However, the present usually is terrible so we look forward to greatness. I truly do believe our current team is a 5-7 seed in the east. But it's tough to think of this team as the future and not Carmelo or Chris Paul.

*Silver&Black*
07-17-2010, 01:24 PM
josh smith, mike biby, jamal crawford,marvin williams. 2011 first rounder, 2012 first rounder.

for

Paul, Posey, Okefor

I thought the Hornets would rather have Al Horford instead of Josh Smith, due to Horford still on his rookie contract, which is the whole point of this trade (save money).

Collison/Horford duo is better IMO than Collison/Josh Smith.

Same with a Chris Paul/Josh Smith duo is better than Chris Paul/Al Horford.

saintdrew
07-17-2010, 01:38 PM
I thought the Hornets would rather have Al Horford instead of Josh Smith, due to Horford still on his rookie contract, which is the whole point of this trade (save money).

Collison/Horford duo is better IMO than Collison/Josh Smith.

Same with a Chris Paul/Josh Smith duo is better than Chris Paul/Al Horford.

Here's the issue, we're probably not trading Chris Paul. Unless we get another "star" back which probably won't happen.

Now, if we were going to trade with the Hawks it would all depend on what David West does next offseason. He has a ETO on his deal and I really don't know what he'll do.

It would be difficult to choose between Josh Smith and Al Hortford. I doubt this would ever happen.

NYYCowboys
07-17-2010, 03:34 PM
I think the Knicks now have the young pieces to get Chris Paul in a trade with the Hornets. They may not have any 1st rounders they can give but i think that Randolph, Douglas and Gallo/Chandler would be very good value for the Hornets to get back for Paul.

BIGBREED
07-17-2010, 03:52 PM
WIZARDS gets
-CP3
-Peja

HORNETS gets
-Gilbert Arenas
-Andray Blatche
-Nick Young

[JUST PLAYING THE GAME BCUZ I'M REALLY NOT TRADING CP3]

TEXASTITAN
07-17-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't know whats funnier the blazers actually thinking that they have pieces to trade for cp3 or cp3 bolting to new york when the season ends.

Frezhnitz
07-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Lakers- LO and Sasha, rights to Devin Ebanks, Carracter, Future !st round Pick and 2nd round pick.

No-Paul and Peja.