PDA

View Full Version : Denver Inks Anthony Carter and Shelden Williams

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCATRE66E4SE20100715

The Denver Nuggets have re-signed veteran guard Anthony Carter and signed free-agent forward-center Shelden Williams, the NBA team said Thursday.

Carter, 35, will be beginning his 12th NBA season. He has spent the past four seasons with Denver, averaging 5.6 points and 4.5 assists in 204 regular-season games, the Nuggets said on their website (www.nba.com/nuggets).

He also has played for Miami, San Antonio and Minnesota.

Williams averaged 3.7 points and 2.7 points in 54 games with the Boston Celtics last season.

"We're excited to add two veteran players with playoff experience," Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien said in a statement. "They are two more pieces to the puzzle as we work to improve our team this summer."

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
guess no one cares about the small moves the nuggs make... if this were the heat it woulda been a big diff

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Don't like either move. I don't get the Nuggets, their window at a championship is this year but they don't make championship contender moves :shrug:

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't like either move. I don't get the Nuggets, their window at a championship is this year but they don't make championship contender moves :shrug:

I like both moves actually. Will it get them over the hump? NO... are they two players who are ok on the defensive end? Yes

Carter would have been a pretty decent back up PG for you guys.

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I like both moves actually. Will it get them over the hump? NO... are they two players who are ok on the defensive end? Yes

Carter would have been a pretty decent back up PG for you guys.

Ehh that's debatable Carter's old and lost a few steps, Sheldon Williams is okay as a backup he won't be seeing major minutes anyways, but you guys? I thought you were a Bulls fan too?

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Ehh that's debatable Carter's old and lost a few steps, Sheldon Williams is okay as a backup he won't be seeing major minutes anyways, but you guys? I thought you were a Bulls fan too?

No bro I'm a Cubs fan. Thats where you probably got the mix up. I am a 76ers fan.

justinnum1
07-15-2010, 07:37 PM
With a healthy Karl, martin, and nene, i think they are the 2nd best team.

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 07:38 PM
With a healthy Karl, martin, and nene, i think they are the 2nd best team.

in the NBA or the West?

IversonIsKrazy
07-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Can we say championship or what!!!! lollll... not going to make a difference

esewicked13
07-15-2010, 08:02 PM
i like anthony carter he is a nice player

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 08:05 PM
No bro I'm a Cubs fan. Thats where you probably got the mix up. I am a 76ers fan.

Ohhh ok yeah I knew both liked one team thought it was the Bulls for some reason.

BkOriginalOne
07-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Stop hating on Anthony carter. He is a great defender, teammate and he has a high IQ.

He's only there because he is one of Karl's guys and he will play in certain situations.

Like When Billups is tired and Lawson needs to be taught a lesson.
Also, he will play more in the playoffs.

Shelden Williams on the other hand. I think he's terrible. Watching him do nothing and foul for Boston last year was SAD.

greg_ory_2005
07-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Shelden Williams baby! M.I.P next year. :clap: