PDA

View Full Version : Utah Jazz: Better team with Jefferson or Boozer?

Kobe5RingKing
07-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Both avg 19 and 11

what you think?

Chronz
07-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Well I dont usually take compliment over talent, but its too close to say one is much better statistically and Boozer has the better Pick N Pop game that compliments Deron so nicely. Can Deron play off a post player who doesnt like to pass?

Still he does give them a bigger body and I cant believe Im saying it, would be a defensive upgrade. He can even play alongside their other 4's much better than Boozer could.

Catfish1314
07-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Jefferson isn't nearly as athletic as Boozer so he won't make quite as good a PnR partner.

But he can switch over and play center much better than Boozer ever could, which gives Utah more options line-up wise.

D-Will4Prez
07-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Well they both have their strong points, Boozer is a better passer, and has a mean fadeaway jumper, and is a bit more athletic but Jefferson has better post play, is bigger, can play C, and has a mean skyhook (not to mention he can actually play decently against LA). They both have equally bad Defense except Jefferson gets some blocks. And as far as overall skill is concerned I would say they are both about equal but I think in the end, even though Utah is losing a very good passer, Jefferson will fit better in our system. He will have to work on his passing though now that he's on a team where he's not pretty much the only option.

EDIT: and Jefferson has actually done quite well the few times Minnesota ran the Pick and Roll.

Mplsman
07-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Al will out play boozer this year.

Kyben36
07-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Boozer, He fits with what sloan likes to do, which one thing is Run the break. I dont think Jeferson is even close to running the break like boozer can. Also, Boozer can pass out of the post. Booz is way better in pick and role. HE isthe better overall player and compliments derron much better as well. not taking anything awy from Jeferson, except the fact that Jeferson cant even score with his left hand, while boozer has an almost dominate off hand.

IndiansFan337
I think they ultimately can be better, because Jefferson is bigger and longer than Boozer. But taking into account that Okur is injured I do not think that they will have a better regular season record than last year.

Sixerlover
Boozer is much better at the pick and roll and pick and pop. Which is where Sloan has been making his $$ since the stockton / malone days. I guess D-Will is gonna have to adjust, or run that with Okur now..

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 06:57 PM
They were a much better team with Boozer. Al Jefferson is extremely overrated. He is not the player that his stats indicate.

Ware_Spencer
07-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Create a Poll

Twolves88
07-15-2010, 07:05 PM
They were a much better team with Boozer. Al Jefferson is extremely overrated. He is not the player that his stats indicate.

Disagree, he is much better then his stats indicate. A lot of games in mn he appeared to me have given up. When he came back from his injury and wanted to play one of the games i remember him putting up like 30/15. It always seemed to me that he gave up during the wolves games.

When he has a chance to go to the playoffs and play hard in utah i think he will do much better. Also in mn he had to do alot of his scoring through double teams. Which now he wont have in utah.

As long as he can be a more willing passer and learn to play team defense I think it will be an overall upgrade for both Utah and MN.

Ware_Spencer
07-15-2010, 07:05 PM

they were? Al Jefferson has not played a game yet for the Jazz. Its not past tense or proven. Unless you have a NBA time machine.

The Bulls fans will realize how bad Boozer is defensively and how he cannot create his own shot. And how Boozer rarely does the pick and roll. He is more pick and pop. He is not a low post scorer. He is a slasher in a power forwards body.

VinceCarter
07-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Both avg 19 and 11

what you think?

Since Al has experience as a center maybe if they could start Al at the 5 and Milsap at the 4 than I like that.

What?
07-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Boozer I think they go from 53 wins to around 45-50

Boozer and Williams best weapon was pick and roll and that is taken away from Williams now because Jefferson is one of they worst pick and roll big men in the league.

Boozer also averaged 2 more points and rebounds pg and his fg% was 60 points higher then Jefferson's

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Boozer is just a far more active player with a more well rounded game. He is smaller yet still shoots for a higher FG percentage and is a better rebounder. I just don't think the Jazz are getting the player they think they will. I think they will eventually get fed up with his lack of mobility and hustle in comparison to Boozer.

That being said I am a bit partial considering I've always found Boozer to be an extremely underrated player.

JNA17
07-15-2010, 07:21 PM
al jefferson is one of the most overrated players in the league, as someone else said, i think the jazz were much better with boozer. He just fit well in the system and is much less injury prone then al jeff.

esewicked13
07-15-2010, 07:31 PM
al jefferson is good but boozer is a bit better
boozer is more athletic, more versatile,quicker, and not as injured prone as big al.

dtmagnet
07-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Gotta go with the Booze on this one, he's a way better passer and team player.

BAMF
07-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I think Jefferson is gonna thrive in utah.

jiggin
07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
isnt Jefferson much weaker on defense than Boozer? Isn't that a huge blow to the Jazz?

JordansBulls
07-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Both avg 19 and 11

what you think?

Boozer is a lot better. He performs well in the playoffs, something we don't know Al can do.

Al Jefferson is more on David Lee's level while Boozer is on the Bosh, Amare level.

smuffins353
07-15-2010, 09:26 PM
the jizz suck period

I feel sorry for Al Jeff he has to go to such a sorry team

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Boozer is better al holds the ball alot longer and his point were inflated by the team he's on

Huh
07-15-2010, 09:37 PM
al jefferson is one of the most overrated players in the league, as someone else said, i think the jazz were much better with boozer. He just fit well in the system and is much less injury prone then al jeff.

Boozer missed 1/3 of his games as a member of the Utah Jazz.

al jefferson is good but boozer is a bit better
boozer is more athletic, more versatile,quicker, and not as injured prone as big al.

See above. And as for more versatile, Jefferson can play center much better with the extra inches and wingspan. Boozer could not, but he had to.

isnt Jefferson much weaker on defense than Boozer? Isn't that a huge blow to the Jazz?

There are very few people on the planet who are weaker on defense than Boozer. However, he skyrocketed his defensive prowess this year, by playing near-average on that end of the floor.

Also, .45 blocks a game won't cut it. I'll take Al's 2 and have them both suck at everything else defense. They are both horrible, but blocked shots count.

Boozer is a lot better. He performs well in the playoffs, something we don't know Al can do.
Al Jefferson is more on David Lee's level while Boozer is on the Bosh, Amare level.

HAHAHA @ bold. This is how Boozer performs in the only playoff series that matters every year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9L5055BKpQ&feature=related (20 seconds)

Big Al averaged 27 and 13 in his two games against L.A. before he tore his ACL (2008-09). Not sure about last year.

Jefferson: 17.9ppg, 9.3 rpg. Boozer: 19.5ppg, 11.2rpg.

Jefferson: First year back from a completely restructured ACL - 76 games (on the worst team in the west, could've milked that for all it was worth)

Boozer: Healthy. 78 games on a top 4 team in the West. Last game of the season vs. Phoenix, Jazz win = tie for 2nd seed, Jazz loss = 5th seed and loss of HCA in playoffs.

Boozer sits out with 'strained oblique', Jazz get blown out.

He magically recovers 3 days later to put up 19/8/3 blocks on Denver, with a 20/15 to follow two days later.

Give me Jefferson any day of the week.

If only you guys got to see the Jazz as much as I have the past 6 years. These are really hilarious responses you have come up with.

knickfan33
07-15-2010, 09:38 PM
boozer is hands down, better. Jefferson is just a decent player on a bad team so his stats looked better then he really is.

MrfadeawayJB
07-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Boozer is better on offense, but Jefferson can use his size to bang with the lakers in the west!!

scutch11
07-15-2010, 09:54 PM
i think jefferson and millsap can fit together in a frontcourt muhc better than boozer and millsap, just because jefferson can play as a center better than boozer