PDA

View Full Version : Hornets meet with Pritchard for GM job, Potential Chris Paul Trade

Kobe5RingKing
07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/07/15/hornet.gm/

"Weber declined comment on Tuesday when asked if Bower's firing was linked to Bower's feelings about potentially trading franchise player Chris Paul. A source familiar with all the parties in New Orleans said that the relationship between Bower and Paul had deteriorated in recent months, as the team began tenatively exploring possible trades for the three-time All-Star."

ChiSox219
07-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Smart move to hire Pritchard, not smart to trade CP3

JeffG20
07-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Yea but the guy that wanted to trade him is gone. This is a great move if they hire him

TehSamurai
07-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Yea but the guy that wanted to trade him is gone. This is a great move if they hire him

It wouldn't matter because there will be a thousand more topics about Chris Paul trade rumors no matter what the Hornets do.

JNA17
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
jeez with all these chris paul being traded rumors, they might as well just trade him already to satisfy us :p

cheetos185
07-15-2010, 07:32 PM
pritchard is good for rebuilding team but after that he doesn't know how to take team to next lvl contenders portland has so many assets and he didn't get 1 all-star to play with roy he signed camby when the team already albridge and priz starting he got andre miller when the team had roy running the offense with blake and bayless coming of the bench but he's good at raping teams in draft pick deals good for NO

cmellofan15
07-15-2010, 07:36 PM
let's get this out before we go any further

"hes nawt traeding paul cuz its hiz fav baseketbawl plaiyer. dis is just a rumour he wont git traded llol"

LA_Raiders
07-15-2010, 08:16 PM
They have to build around CP3, but i definitely would love him in LA

Blazers#1Fan
07-15-2010, 08:26 PM
pritchard is good for rebuilding team but after that he doesn't know how to take team to next lvl contenders portland has so many assets and he didn't get 1 all-star to play with roy he signed camby when the team already albridge and priz starting he got andre miller when the team had roy running the offense with blake and bayless coming of the bench but he's good at raping teams in draft pick deals good for NO

he traded for camby when joel P got hurt,

blake & bayless are a few steps behind miller,

and not many teams like to trade with him anymore because there so one sided.... and i read you said odens a bust well guess who drafted him

NYKalltheway
07-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Isn't Pritchard unemployed at the moment? Where would he trade Chris Paul? He couldn't be doing work for Portland, would he?

jeter 2
07-15-2010, 08:50 PM
The Knicks could offer Gallinari, Chander, Azuibuike and Turiaf + filler for Paul.

The Lakers could give up Bynum for Chris Paul.

The Nets could give the Hornets Harris and Favors.

The Sixer may give up Iggy for him.

I think you will see a lot of different trade offers for him.

oldfishermen
07-15-2010, 09:01 PM
GM of the Hornets is one of the worst jobs in the NBA... But at least it is a job... a job below GM of the Trailblazers..

If Pritchard accepts, it shows how little he really knows about the NBA. Also, everyone will get to see how good, or not so good, Pritchard really is without a very rich owner whiling to buy players and picks for him.

Mudvayne91
07-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, I guess it really depends what they're looking for. Expiring contracts, future picks or multiple stars if they'll actually do it.

Patrick Swayze
07-18-2010, 01:13 PM
The Knicks could offer Gallinari, Chander, Azuibuike and Turiaf + filler for Paul.

:facepalm:

tdunk21
07-18-2010, 01:24 PM

u cant trade newly acquired players.....and moreover these offers are horrible

HornetsSolution
07-18-2010, 01:42 PM
GM of the Hornets is one of the worst jobs in the NBA... But at least it is a job... a job below GM of the Trailblazers..

If Pritchard accepts, it shows how little he really knows about the NBA. Also, everyone will get to see how good, or not so good, Pritchard really is without a very rich owner whiling to buy players and picks for him.

Well we want see how bad he could be because our new soon to be owner is. Very rich.

masalex1205
07-18-2010, 01:54 PM

:facepalm:

3RDASYSTEM
07-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Its funny how people keep saying certain trades are horrible, thats how its been forever, what is CP3 going to change up the trade game now? i highly doubt it...if you can get Butler/Odom/Grant for Shaq then im sure you're going to get raped for trading CP3...If a contender wants him then it will come down to prob Lakers/Mavs/Heat but if a borderline/on the verge then i would say Bobcats/Clips/Knicks/Pistons