PDA

View Full Version : Wade says James 'didn't quit' on Cavs' playoff run

Kobe5RingKing
07-15-2010, 06:17 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/15/AR2010071505534.html

"MIAMI -- Dwyane Wade is standing up for new Miami Heat teammate LeBron James, telling The Associated Press that the NBA's two-time MVP "didn't quit" on Cleveland during the playoffs.

Wade says that the criticism directed toward James bothers him because they're friends, and stings even more now that they're teammates in Miami.

Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert made the "he quit" accusation to The AP last week after James went on a televised special and announced he was leaving Cleveland to join the Heat.

Gilbert cited four games in Cleveland's second-round series against Boston as proof of his claim."

What liers!!!

m26555
07-15-2010, 06:20 PM
I certainly don't think he quit, either. The Celtics just beat the will out of him and his teammates.

Niro
07-15-2010, 06:21 PM
check his stats...how is 29/9/7/2/1 quitting?

alright he didnt shot well in the last games but nobody knows how injured his elbow really was (if it was injured ;) )

the celtics won and it certainly wasnt lebrons fault

Jays Claw
07-15-2010, 06:22 PM
The Celtics flat out beat them. End of discussion.

Evolution23
07-15-2010, 06:26 PM
the guy took 3 shots in the last 8 minutes of game 7.. I know Jordan, Kobe and Wade wouldn't go down like that... they would atleast will their teams into thinking the yhad a chance.. sick of the excuses for "prince" james, hes not built to be the #1 guy on a team.

KG2TB
07-15-2010, 06:29 PM
It sure looked to me like he came into that game defeated and quit. Even despite the numbers he put up that game, it was a pretty embarrassing performance considering the circumstances.

Avenged
07-15-2010, 06:31 PM
The article says it best, "Wade is standing up for new Miami Heat teammate LeBron James". It's no surprise since they're going to be playing together, he should have said something before they were teammates if it really bothers him.

*Silver&Black*
07-15-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry, but what does Wade or Heat homers have to do with what James did last season at all? They are just taking up for their new player on their team.

How would Wade know?:facepalm: It just seems to me he just wants to throw crap out there so it can end.

JasonJohnHorn
07-15-2010, 06:34 PM
The Celtics beat them, flat out, just like Orlando beat them last year. But I can see where Gilbert is coming from. I dont think James "quit", I dont believe he intentionally went into a game and though "I'm not going to try", but I do believe there were moments that he didnt believe they could win and gave up. It might sound harsh, but I've seen a lot of players do it. Being a Pistons fan, I've watched instances in games where the Pistons are down either in a game or in a series, and Rasheed Wallace would just stop working the post and start hoisting up rushed threes, like he was hoping for some luck and wasnt putting the same work in. There is a point in a competition, be it with yourself (trying to beat your best time running, or beating your max on the bench) or playing against somebody else (when you a balling with some guy playing 21 and they get up by 8 or 9 and are two or three baskets away from the win) when in your mind you say to yourself "I cant overcome this", and in that moment, that is when you lose. I believe, watching the Orlando series, that James believed that before the end of some games, and perhaps even going into the final game. I believe that thought was in his mind before the fourth quarter was over in several of the Boston games this year. In 08, I dont believe he thought that once, his personal drive was present every minute of that seven game series, and when LA when down 3-2, after the game Kobe said: "If you said we need two home wins to get the championship at the beginning of the season, I'd take that." He knew they were down, and had work to do, but he BELIEVED they could do it, and when they were down double-digits in the fourth quarter, they battled back. The same could be said for Boston in 08 when they were down by 21 points, they could have gave up, but Doc Rivers just said: we have to outscore them by seven points for three quarters and we've been doing that to teams all year. That was the turning point in the series for me, and no Celtic, be it Rondo, or Garnett, or Pierce or Allen thought: we cant over come this.

I believe, in watching the Cavs games that Gilbert mentioned, that James believed he and his team could not overcome the challenge before the fourth quarter was over, and that is when you lose. I dont think Jordan believed that once, and I dont think Kobe, or Shaq, or Bird, or Magic, or Kareem, or for that matter Thomas and Dumars (when they were in the playoffs) ever believed that until the game was done.

Gilbert was harsh, and his words were not quit accurate, but there is an element of truth in them.

jackdawson
07-15-2010, 06:38 PM
LeBron James-Dwyane Wade-Chris Bosh!!!!!!!!

Now you all can :cry: or be :mad:

It's our time to :dance:

;)

sep11ie
07-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Wade talks too much now.

J4KOP99
07-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Why do I see Wade speaking for LeBron James these days? Can LeBron only talk if it is an interview format with a D-List interviewer and the money is being donated to charity?

sep11ie
07-15-2010, 06:43 PM
So your a Miami and Florida Gator fan, and your named after whats his name from Titanic... Your opinion is golden.

justinnum1
07-15-2010, 06:44 PM
:laugh2: The guys elbow was injured and he was still putting up crazy numbers.

romaldinho
07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
No he didnt quit on them before they were beat,thats an unfair accusation but i do think he quit on them after they were beat.
I Don't think there was a chance of him of him returning since the Celtics were knocked out.His body language after that defeat told the story

robdizzle3
07-15-2010, 06:49 PM
What is Wade supposed to say? Oh yeah, Lebron quit, but its a new day? No way Wade wouldve said he was gonna quit.

robdizzle3
07-15-2010, 06:51 PM
:laugh2: The guys elbow was injured and he was still putting up crazy numbers.

I still dont believe his elbow was hurt badly. All those MRI's and still no damage, plus all the games he played with it, he never held it, but as soon as he missed that left handed free throw, he held his arm. Why not hold it after you made the first? Hahaha. Tried to make the Bulls look stupid, but it backfired.

Raidaz4Life
Who cares what Dwyane Wade says??? The only reason this would be newsworthy is if he said that Lebron did quit. Come on there is no way that Wade is going to bad mouth his brand new superstar teammate.

joeboow90
lmaooo. good to see D-Wade sticking up for his ******

HiphopRelated
07-15-2010, 06:59 PM
The article says it best, "Wade is standing up for new Miami Heat teammate LeBron James". It's no surprise since they're going to be playing together, he should have said something before they were teammates if it really bothers him.
because Gilbert only brought it up after they became teammates?

BigBlueCrew
07-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Awww how cute Dwade is defending his girlfriend

Come here sweetie I'll protect you from big bad Gilbert

ldc62
07-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Gilbert is making himself look bad. Is he implying that the Celtics shouldn't have won? Lebron didn't play the best, but all his teammates played bad too.

FNM BOY
07-15-2010, 07:13 PM
All this hate on Lebron is just fueling his fire...I'm gonna feel it for teams...people can say what they want...but people who love the game of basketball and can evaluate talent without bias know what is coming...you dont have to believe or accept it but peeps are gonna most definetly feel whas coming...keep the hate alive fellas....what dont kill only makes peeps stronger!

shep33
07-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Celtics whooped LBJ and his team... when your down 7 with over a minute left though, as the leader you can't just stand around and act like its over. As we've seenanything is possible in this league, they shouldn't have laid down like that, and that has to be Lebron's job as the leader of the team. Still a good learning experience I guess.

Master Mind
07-15-2010, 07:15 PM
All this hate on Lebron is just fueling his fire...I'm gonna feel it for teams...people can say what they want...but people who love the game of basketball and can evaluate talent without bias know what is coming...you dont have to believe or accept it but peeps are gonna most definetly feel whas coming...keep the hate alive fellas....what dont kill only makes peeps stronger!

:clap:

John408
07-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Maybe Lebron isn't as great as they make him to be. ???

MrfadeawayJB
07-15-2010, 07:20 PM
You simply cannot discredit the Boston defense...couple that with the injury LeBron suffered and I think he played very well considering the circumstances

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 07:23 PM
LeBron's master speaks for him again. "LEAVE LEBRON ALONNNNNE!"

BkOriginalOne
07-15-2010, 07:29 PM
The Celtics were the better team in that series. True.

But anyone who was watching so Lebron kinda lay down.
Standing off in the corner, not being as aggressive as he could.
It was as if he was thinking to himself "I'm gonna play with Wade and Bosh next year anyways"

prodigy
07-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Wade Said Lebron had one bad game. Lets check the stats.

In the final 3 games vs Celtics( all losses)

Lebron shot 18-53 (33%) also has 19 TO's. Thats just in the last 3 games.

He either Quit or Choked, your pick Wade, don't act stupid.

Sure the other guys did not step up, But when you call yourself the "chosen one" you need to step up.

ATX
07-15-2010, 07:34 PM

This.

LeBron is going to take it to another level next season.

tangent12
07-15-2010, 07:36 PM
He did quit on the Cavaliers in the last few games, no doubt about it. If you go watch those last 2 games or so you'll notice James was acting and playing different. He was playing as if he didn't want to play for the Cavaliers anymore.

jackdawson
07-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Okay I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant 50, not 500 ;).

wow! I really thought it was 50. What a douche if he meant 500 :facepalm:

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Okay I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant 50, not 500 ;).

The man said 500 and he plans on standing by that statement!

Jaji
07-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Delonte West was boning LeBron's mom. This is a fact. Everyone knows this. It came out during the Boston series.

Blame Delonte for the loss, but not for LeBron leaving. That was inevitable.

I've been a LeBron fan since I first saw him on SI and learned he was from Akron, a city I spent much time in as a kid. I only had 2 problems with LeBron. 1) His FT %. He should be shooting at least 80%. No excuses. And 2) He played for the Cleveland Cavaliers. I was soooo looking forward to the day he got up outta there. Wack city, even wacker team. I'm glad I don't have to root for them anymore. Miami is cool because I love the city, live in the state, plus LeBron is going to collect a lot of jewelry there. Haters keep hating. Reminds me of MJ in the late 80's.

Jaji
07-15-2010, 07:46 PM
He did quit on the Cavaliers in the last few games, no doubt about it. If you go watch those last 2 games or so you'll notice James was acting and playing different. He was playing as if he just found out his teammate was tapping his moms.

Fixed.

CowboysKB24
07-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I certainly don't think he quit, either. The Celtics just beat the will out of him and his teammates.

He was passing too much IMO. In the last game of the series, Mo Williams was the only reason to keep them in reach. LBJ looked scared to shoot in the first half. He is a passer, people need understand he can't take games over with his shooting. He is limited to attacking the basket and transition baskets. He rarely dominates games with his 3PT shooting and outside jumpers. Celtics do a great job of keeping guys out of the paint. LBJ does have a tough time handling high pressure games. I think most people can agree with that.

Jaji
07-15-2010, 07:49 PM
He was passing too much IMO. In the last game of the series, Mo Williams was the only reason to keep them in reach. LBJ looked scared to shoot in the first half. He is a passer, people need understand he can't take games over with his shooting. He is limited to attacking the basket and transition baskets. He rarely dominates games with his 3PT shooting and outside jumpers. Celtics do a great job of keeping guys out of the paint. LBJ does have a tough time handling high pressure games. I think most people can agree with that.

Like 6 for 24? :eyebrow:

Jaji
07-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey I just saw the future! The Finals MVP award will replace #6 for #24 ;).

dodie53
07-15-2010, 07:53 PM
the celtics were just too much for the cavs

robdizzle3
07-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Like 6 for 24? :eyebrow:

Hahaha. Yea and he still had a hand in the win. Plus he has played big in alot more games. Like the whole 2010 playoffs. Especially the suns series.

Fireworld
07-15-2010, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c

ElMarroAfamado
07-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Wade is going from a genuinely likable guy to being as hated as lebrick in trying to defend him.....

prodigy
07-15-2010, 08:04 PM

Even as a cavs fan, that is freaking funny!!!!

BigBlueCrew
07-15-2010, 08:06 PM

that was too freakin funny

that deserved its own thread

yeah brotha!!!!

robdizzle3
07-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Hahahaha, That was perfect. I remeber taht right there.

basketfan4life
07-15-2010, 08:15 PM
there is a difference between 3/14 and 6/24..and no,i'm not talking about %fg...one of the guys is not afraid of shooting the ball,and makes his teammates think like they have a great chance of beating that team,on the other hand lbj's all teammates tought lebron is so scared during game 5,how in the world they couldn't be,even lbj was afraid and was passing shot after shot.kobe somehow,someway managed to score 10 pts in the last 7 minutes...

Kobe always wills his crew to win,even finals game 3,kobe shot 10/29 but he was the main reason to win that game,come 4th quarter,every laker had a chance to have good looks because kobe put great amount of pressure on boston defence during 3 quarter,and everybody in the building knew that kobe will not be afraid to take a shot so they were d-teaming him even when he was off the ball...

look guys, you can not,can not define bball with just looking at stats,off the ball play and mentality is just as defining as stats,and you will always wonder why lebron is always choking besides his monster numbers,and you will always blame his teammates,if wade doesn't come up big and save lbjs arse every time,chris bosh will have a very hard time on that team.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-15-2010, 08:19 PM

:laugh::clap:

fishfan79
07-15-2010, 08:25 PM
never seen someone quit but put up a triple double

grandelement
07-15-2010, 08:29 PM
"if u aint got any haters, then u aint doin' it right !!"

Jaji
07-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Hahaha. Yea and he still had a hand in the win. Plus he has played big in alot more games. Like the whole 2010 playoffs. Especially the suns series.

Right and LeBron never did anything in the playoffs. Ever. :rolleyes:

effen5
07-15-2010, 08:38 PM

:laugh:

HAHAHAHHAhaomgoomg!

Cinnamon David
07-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Now if only James had the balls to step up and say that himself

Jaji
07-15-2010, 08:52 PM
there is a difference between 3/14 and 6/24..and no,i'm not talking about %fg...one of the guys is not afraid of shooting the ball,and makes his teammates think like they have a great chance of beating that team,on the other hand lbj's all teammates tought lebron is so scared during game 5,how in the world they couldn't be,even lbj was afraid and was passing shot after shot.kobe somehow,someway managed to score 10 pts in the last 7 minutes...

Kobe always wills his crew to win,even finals game 3,kobe shot 10/29 but he was the main reason to win that game,come 4th quarter,every laker had a chance to have good looks because kobe put great amount of pressure on boston defence during 3 quarter,and everybody in the building knew that kobe will not be afraid to take a shot so they were d-teaming him even when he was off the ball...

look guys, you can not,can not define bball with just looking at stats,off the ball play and mentality is just as defining as stats,and you will always wonder why lebron is always choking besides his monster numbers,and you will always blame his teammates,if wade doesn't come up big and save lbjs arse every time,chris bosh will have a very hard time on that team.

What part of "Delonte West was having routine sexual intercourse with his mom" don't you understand? We've seen what LeBron is capable of. As long as Mario Chalmers can resist Ms. James, the Heat will be just fine.

Sly Guy
07-15-2010, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't say it was 4 games worth, but he certainly looked like he was mentally checked out in the final game for sure.

prodigy
07-15-2010, 09:05 PM
games 4 and 5 he was so horrible its not even funny. Check the stats. I could do better, for real.

basketfan4life
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
What part of "Delonte West was having routine sexual intercourse with his mom" don't you understand? We've seen what LeBron is capable of. As long as Mario Chalmers can resist Ms. James, the Heat will be just fine.

yeah,the cavs just lost because delonte banged his mother.u r sad.

Knick_Fever
07-15-2010, 09:07 PM
The Celtics beat them, flat out, just like Orlando beat them last year. But I can see where Gilbert is coming from. I dont think James "quit", I dont believe he intentionally went into a game and though "I'm not going to try", but I do believe there were moments that he didnt believe they could win and gave up. It might sound harsh, but I've seen a lot of players do it. Being a Pistons fan, I've watched instances in games where the Pistons are down either in a game or in a series, and Rasheed Wallace would just stop working the post and start hoisting up rushed threes, like he was hoping for some luck and wasnt putting the same work in. There is a point in a competition, be it with yourself (trying to beat your best time running, or beating your max on the bench) or playing against somebody else (when you a balling with some guy playing 21 and they get up by 8 or 9 and are two or three baskets away from the win) when in your mind you say to yourself "I cant overcome this", and in that moment, that is when you lose. I believe, watching the Orlando series, that James believed that before the end of some games, and perhaps even going into the final game. I believe that thought was in his mind before the fourth quarter was over in several of the Boston games this year. In 08, I dont believe he thought that once, his personal drive was present every minute of that seven game series, and when LA when down 3-2, after the game Kobe said: "If you said we need two home wins to get the championship at the beginning of the season, I'd take that." He knew they were down, and had work to do, but he BELIEVED they could do it, and when they were down double-digits in the fourth quarter, they battled back. The same could be said for Boston in 08 when they were down by 21 points, they could have gave up, but Doc Rivers just said: we have to outscore them by seven points for three quarters and we've been doing that to teams all year. That was the turning point in the series for me, and no Celtic, be it Rondo, or Garnett, or Pierce or Allen thought: we cant over come this.

I believe, in watching the Cavs games that Gilbert mentioned, that James believed he and his team could not overcome the challenge before the fourth quarter was over, and that is when you lose. I dont think Jordan believed that once, and I dont think Kobe, or Shaq, or Bird, or Magic, or Kareem, or for that matter Thomas and Dumars (when they were in the playoffs) ever believed that until the game was done.

Gilbert was harsh, and his words were not quit accurate, but there is an element of truth in them.

Im getting tired of hearing that the Celtics flat out beat James and the Cavs. All I have to say is WATCH THE TAPE! You could clearly see James stop and and stand, pass the ball, then just walk away from the play early in possessions, late in the game, we're talking about a guy who takes over games. Again I say WATCH THE TAPE! He literally quit.

Avenged
07-15-2010, 09:08 PM
because Gilbert only brought it up after they became teammates?

So? Gilbert wasn't the first to mention it.

Duddy
07-15-2010, 09:15 PM
It's funny how you haters try to find an excuse to **** LeBron.

Jaji
07-15-2010, 09:16 PM
yeah,the cavs just lost because delonte banged his mother.u r sad.

Yeah so if your teammate was banging your mom you'd be able to focus 100%? Let alone go all out? Gimme a break. Even if it was just a rumor (which its not) that's still enough to distract you. Jordan's dad got murdered over MJ's gambling debts and he retired. You don't think these people have personal lives? Just because you don't... you're the sad one :pity:.

evadatam5150
07-15-2010, 09:18 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/15/AR2010071505534.html

"MIAMI -- Dwyane Wade is standing up for new Miami Heat teammate LeBron James, telling The Associated Press that the NBA's two-time MVP "didn't quit" on Cleveland during the playoffs.

Wade says that the criticism directed toward James bothers him because they're friends, and stings even more now that they're teammates in Miami.

Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert made the "he quit" accusation to The AP last week after James went on a televised special and announced he was leaving Cleveland to join the Heat.

Gilbert cited four games in Cleveland's second-round series against Boston as proof of his claim."

What liers!!!

What's Wade supposed to say.. *Uh Yeah my new teammate completely quit on his team in Cleveland but we don't expect him to do that here since Bosh and I are here to bail him out.. Oh and trust me when I tell you that I will NEVER sleep wiff Brons Mom.. What's that you say...?? He's got a sister..!?* :speechless:

It's kind of sad that Wades already doing the PR thing and it's only been a week.. WOW

oak2455
07-15-2010, 09:33 PM

Another LBJ and his lover Wade thread:mad: wow cant wait when then lose then more excuses.....like who was sleeping with who's mom and so fourth:)

DCSportsIsPain
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
If LeBron didn't quit he isn't as good as the media would have us believe. He is no leader and no motivator. He is a follower and his brand legacy will be that he had to be another player's wingman in another low stress environment. If LeBron thought he was a failure in Cleveland, imagine the failure he could become if Miami doesn't perform up to the hype.

Melo15
07-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Listen, there is no denying LeBron quit. If you really watch the games and look back at the film and keep an eye on LeBron in the possessions he didn't even try. The fact that he still put up the numbers he did speaks to the type of player he can be.

The whole thing with Delonte and Gloria in my opinion is what caused it but let's be honest he needed to be more mature than that and still give it his all.

No need to keep bringing this up though. We all have our opinions on the situation and they aren't going to change. Time to move on and stop talking about LeBron in every thread.

JasonJohnHorn
07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Im getting tired of hearing that the Celtics flat out beat James and the Cavs. All I have to say is WATCH THE TAPE! You could clearly see James stop and and stand, pass the ball, then just walk away from the play early in possessions, late in the game, we're talking about a guy who takes over games. Again I say WATCH THE TAPE! He literally quit.

I was just trying to say that diplomatically ;-)

joeym
07-15-2010, 10:08 PM

What liers!!!

whew....I'm glad Wade cleared that up

WITZ
07-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Another Douche talking in 3rd person :facepalm: wade , Lebron Quit the Fake Elbow injury, the 9 turnovers,the left handed freethrow, chucking up that ugly *** running 3 when they were down 2 in the final minute.Sad thing is Queen james has to have Wade defend him.

More-Than-Most
07-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Why would he quit on them??? Him winning a title and leaving would have been the best case scenario for all sides and wouldnt make him look like such a ******* now. It also would have kept his legacy alive. I know everyone is butthurt but please let it go.

Cbast09
07-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Why would he quit on them??? Him winning a title and leaving would have been the best case scenario for all sides and wouldnt make him look like such a ******* now. It also would have kept his legacy alive. I know everyone is butthurt but please let it go.
This.

prodigy
07-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Prodigy says Lebron choked, then Quit.

0nekhmer
07-15-2010, 10:35 PM
the celtics had GOOD defence. they shut down Dwight and Lebron

fishfan79
07-15-2010, 10:40 PM
you cant put up a triple double and quit in the same game

irrational people on here are funny

masalex1205
07-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Wade talks too much now.

x2

oak2455
07-15-2010, 10:48 PM
This.

were you sleeping because you missed it:eyebrow:

DCSportsIsPain
07-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Prodigy says Lebron choked, then Quit.

Prodigy should take Prodigy's talents to South Beach because Prodigy has to do what's best for Prodigy, never mind Prodigy's children and their mother who were mentioned not once in over an hour. :D

justinnum1
07-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Another LBJ and his lover Wade thread:mad: wow cant wait when then lose then more excuses.....like who was sleeping with who's mom and so fourth:)

We ain't losing...so get use to it:D

prodigy
07-15-2010, 10:54 PM
you cant put up a triple double and quit in the same game

irrational people on here are funny

check games 4 and 5, thank you. also had 9 TO's in game 6.

prodigy
07-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Prodigy should take Prodigy's talents to South Beach because Prodigy has to do what's best for Prodigy, never mind Prodigy's children and their mother who were mentioned not once in over an hour. :D

Prodigy has no family, Prodigy only wants championship. AHHHHHHH, Prodigy angry AHHHHH..... Prodigy wants to overdose on cocaine and bang a kardashian in miami...

downsos
07-15-2010, 10:57 PM
It was talked about for some time before Gilbert had said anything that Lebron had quit in that game. I'm sure Wade knows better though.

prodigy
07-15-2010, 10:58 PM
It was talked about for some time before Gilbert had said anything that Lebron had quit in that game. I'm sure Wade knows better though.

Gilbert Said right after game 4 that lebron Quit.

hugepatsfan
07-16-2010, 12:43 AM
No disrespect, but how the **** would Wade know? I don't think he quit - he just "checked out."

THE MTL
07-16-2010, 03:17 AM
the guy took 3 shots in the last 8 minutes of game 7.. I know Jordan, Kobe and Wade wouldn't go down like that... they would atleast will their teams into thinking the yhad a chance.. sick of the excuses for "prince" james, hes not built to be the #1 guy on a team.

There was a Game 7?????

THE MTL
07-16-2010, 03:20 AM
He had a triple double in that lost, but I do feel like he gave up on his teammates. There was NO ONE stepping up. The Celtics controlled that entire game basically while your star was playing great. I think he stopped shooting at the end, because he wanted someone on his team to step up and it didnt happen.

Now, on Miami he knows he has the capable teammates to step up during an elimination situation.

tdunk21
07-16-2010, 03:46 AM
wade is scared that if he says lebron quit then he is gonna have problems with lebron and lebron will quit again.....

BULLSFAN0810
07-16-2010, 04:36 AM
LBJ quit... i seen KOBE do it the year he cried for a trade FOR1 GAME..... but LBJ did it 3 games...any1 can chase down rebs if your bigger and more athletic. but Boston made him give up, they made him rely on his jumper...he say he was broke and faded..but he did give up i seen it in him and then i knew ohhhh you aint no MJ...you may not be 1 of the all time greats

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 04:41 AM
LBJ quit... i seen KOBE do it the year he cried for a trade FOR1 GAME..... but LBJ did it 3 games...any1 can chase down rebs if your bigger and more athletic. but Boston made him give up, they made him rely on his jumper...he say he was broke and faded..but he did give up i seen it in him and then i knew ohhhh you aint no MJ...you may not be 1 of the all time greats

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he was all alone out there. The Celtics, as a team, were just so much better... F.e. The list of the best players in that series goes like this:

1.LeBron
2.Rondo
3.Pierce
4. KG
5.Ray Allen
6.Glen Davis
7.Tony Allen

Something wrong with that picture? LeBron was playing by himself, the Cavaliers as a team were just a garbage squad.

clevelandspride
07-16-2010, 04:59 AM
lebrons girlfriend is going to leave him for kobe lebron should understand its her only chance to get a ring hhaa hhaa

lakerfan3118
07-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Did someone really say Kobe Bryant would never quit on winning a game?

...Seriously? Have you all forgotten 2006?

Of course you have. Given the posts around here, unsurprisingly, no one chooses to remember a mediocre Lakers team entangled with Steve Nash's run-and-gun Suns that summer, which came back from a 3-1 lead to challenge the Lakers to a Game 7 in Phoenix. A game in which Los Angeles, down big at the half, saw their franchise player wear his emotions on his sleeve and score just one point...in the entire second half. Yes, even the 'great competitor' Kobe Bryant-- tanking.

A little foresight would be nice.

lakerfan3118
07-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Something wrong with that picture? LeBron was playing by himself, the Cavaliers as a team were just a garbage squad.

...did they not have the best record in the East, or am I missing something?

tdunk21
07-16-2010, 05:12 AM
lebrons girlfriend is going to leave him for kobe lebron should understand its her only chance to get a ring hhaa hhaa

lmao....

Dallas Tx4Life
07-16-2010, 05:13 AM
...did they not have the best record in the East, or am I missing something?

Because of LeBron... What do you think their record will be next year? It seems the team is essentially the same. Without Bron that team wouldn't have made playoffs the past two 60-win years. You think the coach had anything to do with that record? Ha! Hell no!!!

lakerfan3118
07-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Because of LeBron... What do you think their record will be next year? It seems the team is essentially the same. Without Bron that team wouldn't have made playoffs the past two 60-win years. You think the coach had anything to do with that record? Ha! Hell no!!!

The foundation of the Cavaliers from a roster standpoint was essentially a group of complimentary pieces built around a franchise player. Not star-studded by any means, but a capable group that was among the league leaders in defense and had homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs. This 'garbage' team ultimately was favored in the series, and was heavily favored all season long to come out of the Eastern Conference in the Finals. The Cavs were by no means any less talented than Boston, or the rest of the Eastern Conference, and ultimately their loss against the Celtics was not only inexcusable but marked their season as a dissapointment. Why? Because ultimately, talentwise, this team was good enough to reach the Finals and simply didn't.

BronBron06
07-16-2010, 05:54 AM
I agree talent wise they are capable for winning a title
but coach wise ISNT

It took 4 games for MB to understand Jamison is getting killed by KG, then Shaq guarded KG, Perkins killed them LOL potato head coach

Less minutes for Moon, even though he's very effective on the floor

Varejao 2nd best defender behind LeBron was injured I think in Bulls series

Mike Brown dont know what to do with Z and Hickson in the playoffs, management should've traded Hickson for Amare but no....stupid decisions

Jaji
07-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Wade talks too much now.

:clap: Now we're hating on Wade too? What about Bosh? He cut his hair to be like D Wade. D!ck rider! :laugh2:

Jaji
07-16-2010, 08:47 AM

Uhhh, I believe that's why he left shiddy as Cleveland.

prodigy
07-16-2010, 08:54 AM

Well their clearly not garbage players and you know that. But if you watch the tape of games 4 and 5, Paul Piece covered lebron one on one, and sometimes pierce Left lebron lol.

Celtics are a great defensive team, So when your star does not show up, its hard for the other guys to get open looks.

Also Mike Brown used Jamison all wrong. He was shooting 3's all series, not his game.