PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes Will Decide Tomorrow: Leaning towards Miami?

Boston Faithful
07-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Matt Barnes is expected to make an announcement on Friday about which team he'll join, but it looks like Miami is his most likely destination.
The Celtics, Mavericks and Lakers are under consideration, but the Heat seem to be winning the fight for his services. The Heat remind us of that owner that blows all his money in a fantasy auction on a couple players, but then sees a bunch of steals fall to him at the end of the draft. Jul. 15 - 4:13 pm et

credit: Rotoworld

Can anyone beat this team?

C Haslem, Ilgauskas
PF Bosh, Juwan Howard
SF LeBron, Matt Barnes
SG Wade, Mike Miller
PG Chalmers

McGrady is still rumored to go there too. If they get a post defender and a backup point guard, we could be looking at the greatest team of all-time.

LTBaByyy
07-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Starting line up= amazing!!
Bench= sucks!! Haha

Matt barnes goes from starting on a championship contender and being the defensive stopper to vet minimum off the bench and guarding the best bench player on the other team???

Doesn't make sense

Highlight
Where does it say he's going to the Heat?

Can we have a mod change the title. We have to wait and see if it's going to happen. It says he'll make a decision on Friday and Miami is his most likely destination.

Not a done deal just yet.

ManRam
Changed your title. A bit misleading...

It does look like he is going to Miami, but it isn't official yet. He said he'll tell everyone tomorrow.

And I think that is a really solid team. A bench of Z/Haslem, Barnes, Miller and Howard is an upper level bench in the NBA.

JWO35
I heard he's going to have a 24hr special prior to his decision...I can't wait!

Broke3113
07-15-2010, 04:33 PM
it doesnt say hes going it says most likely...if haslem is your C not a chance to be best team all time

Thisisouryear!!
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
the centers suck on that team, pg is bad, and bench is weak....best team in east but not better then a healthy laker team.

J_M_B
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
This is the first I head of Matt Barnes interested in Miami, but slow down down there buddy. This isn't the greatest team of all time, not even close. They haven't proved anything.

The Celtics of the 50's/60's had better teams. They had a dynasty, which they won 11 championships in 13 years. Then there is still the Bulls of the 90's and the Lakers have had GREAT teams throughout their history.

Miami will be a great team, but don't crown them yet, if they do sign these role players(Barnes, T-Mac, Big man).

shep33
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
This team is getting too stacked if this is true, unbelievable.

James
Wade
Bosh
Haslem
Anthony
Miller
Barnes
Chalmers
Big Z

crazy team...

Lakers in 6.

m26555
Ilgauskas and Howard have nothing left...

Best team of all-time? Come on...

rhymeratic
This team will NEVER win a championship. Cleveland will win won b4 they do! LMAO.

Seriously, they are a flawed team. To me they'll win 50 games and get bounced in the 2nd round.

Highlight
07-15-2010, 04:36 PM

It does look like he is going to Miami, but it isn't official yet. He said he'll tell everyone tomorrow.

And I think that is a really solid team. A bench of Z/Haslem, Barnes, Miller and Howard is an upper level bench in the NBA.

Yeah, their bench is looking better and better. Barnes is a good pick up for sure. They just need to get a big that can start for them. Big Z isn't going to cut it and we all know Bosh doesn't want to play C. Big Z is a nice back up big though.

Can't wait for the season to start.

LayZbone
07-15-2010, 04:37 PM
You're probably looking at a team like this:

CT: Joel Anthony/Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF: Chris Bosh/Udonis Haslem/Juwan Howard
SF: Lebron James/(M.Barnes, J.Stackhouse, or R.Butler)
SG: Dwyane Wade/Mike Miller
PG: Mario Chalmers/(E.House, C.Arroyo or M.James)

The Prodigy
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
This team will NEVER win a championship. Cleveland will win won b4 they do! LMAO.

Seriously, they are a flawed team. To me they'll win 50 games and get bounced in the 2nd round.

Please explain to me how we are a flawed team if we do sign Barnes. I just don't see it.

J_M_B
07-15-2010, 04:39 PM

Naw.. I see this team making an ECF appearance, but losing to the Magic in 7.

Still a crazy team, but nothing close to best of all time.

m26555
You're probably looking at a team like this:

CT: Joel Anthony/Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF: Chris Bosh/Udonis Haslem/Juwan Howard
SF: Lebron James/(Barnes or Stackhouse)
SG: Dwyane Wade/Mike Miller
PG: Mario Chalmers/(House or Mike James)

And then next summer, the Heat will probably try to use the full MLE to nab a real starting Center.
House would be an outstanding pickup.

kjoke
if barnes comes wow, the best scenario for the heat as well is if brad miller as well signs with us

kjoke
07-15-2010, 04:40 PM

maybe, the magic are a very good team, but theve ALWAYS been a good team, it seems they cant go over the hump and win, i just see miami losing to them

imo

J_M_B
07-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Next offseason there is a good list of centers..

I see Miami snatching one of them..

FarOutIos
07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Bench= sucks!! Haha

Matt barnes goes from starting on a championship contender and being the defensive stopper to vet minimum off the bench and guarding the best bench player on the other team???

Doesn't make sense

Um...how can you say the bench sucks one minute, then point out that Barnes was a starter on a championship contender? That's what makes no sense..

If Barnes does go there, that will greatly improve the bench. Having Mike Miller come off the bench already makes it a really good bench. That's a quality 6th man. Add to it Big Z and it's solid at least. Adding Barnes would make it much better. I still think they need another 7 footer and a good point guard.

But if you look at the list of free agents available, there are plenty of good back up point guards still available.

MiamiLoyal926
07-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Bench= sucks!! Haha

Doesn't make sense

Your post is a bit contradictory. To say the bench will suck followed by a statement saying that a starter from a contender is going to join the heat bench is a massive contradiction to me especially when this "contender starter" being on the same bench with two other capable starters.

MiamiLoyal926
07-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Um...how can you say the bench sucks one minute, then point out that Barnes was a starter on a championship contender? That's what makes no sense..

If Barnes does go there, that will greatly improve the bench. Having Mike Miller come off the bench already makes it a really good bench. That's a quality 6th man. Add to it Big Z and it's solid at least. Adding Barnes would make it much better. I still think they need another 7 footer and a good point guard.

But if you look at the list of free agents available, there are plenty of good back up point guards still available.

:clap::clap:

LayZbone
07-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah, Udonis Haslem is definitely our backup Power Forward. But depending on who we match up with, I can see both Haslem and Bosh on the floor in late game situations....along with Mike Miller, Dwyane Wade and Lebron James. Those are our 5 best players.

oakland21
07-15-2010, 04:48 PM
MiamiLoyal926 you have the best sig Ive ever seen

Melo15
07-15-2010, 04:49 PM
This is the first I head of Matt Barnes interested in Miami, but slow down down there buddy. This isn't the greatest team of all time, not even close. They haven't proved anything.

The Celtics of the 50's/60's had better teams. They had a dynasty, which they won 11 championships in 13 years. Then there is still the Bulls of the 90's and the Lakers have had GREAT teams throughout their history.

Miami will be a great team, but don't crown them yet, if they do sign these role players(Barnes, T-Mac, Big man).

It's good to see a realistic Heat fan :D. You guys are going to be very good next year but I just don't know if you can win it all the first year. You likely will come close either losing in the ECF to the Magic like you said or the Finals to the Lakers but either way its a good start. I can see you guys picking up a quality center next year though and really becoming a dominant team and win a few in a row.

ManRam
07-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Bosh and Howard usually guard each other anyway, and does a good enough job. So against the East's best center, and perhaps the East's other best team, they might be fine without a true big starting center.

m26555
07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Bosh and Howard usually guard each other anyway, and does a good enough job. So against the East's best center, and perhaps the East's other best team, they might be fine without a true big starting center.
It's going to be tough for them against the more physical centers like Dwight and Perkins, though.

greek miami hea
07-15-2010, 04:52 PM
ould be a really solid signing for us

Truheatfan
07-15-2010, 04:52 PM

:facepalm: were not losing to the magic who's gonna beat us dwight and vince they couldnt even beat the celtics so how are they gonna be in the ECF, boston isnt going anywhere?

Kingdre619
07-15-2010, 04:53 PM

C haslem, Ilgauskas
PF Bosh, Juwan Howard
SF LeBron, Matt Barnes
SG Wade, Mike Miller
PG Chalmers

McGrady is still rumored to go there too. If they get a post defender and a backup point guard, we could be looking at the greatest team of all-time.

that team still sucks

they cant B3AT L.A!

lets say:

C Anthony, Ilgauskas
PF Bosh, Haslem, Juwan Howard
SF LeBron, Matt Barnes
SG Wade, Mike Miller
PG Chalmers, jason williams

C:bynum, mbenga
PF:gasol, odom
SF:artest, walton
SG:Kobe, brown
PG:Fisher, blake

the lakers wayy more size and strength than anorexic bosh, and haslem can handle. kobe can hold wade, and artest can hold james

gasol would have his way in the paint offensively and defensively, bosh would beat gasol with his quickness and his jumper, kobe cannot be guarded by anyone miami has, wade will score 20 on kobe tho. lebron will score 20 as well, but artest would play him tight.

bynum would dominate, odom will come off the bench and get 10nd 10

ilgalskus will be good for the heat, his scoring in and out of the paint will be usefull, he will get abut 8pts nd 4rebs, miller would score too, and haslem would add 10 pts nd 7 boards

but ultimately, the Big 3(Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum) would come out on top, kobe would drop 30, gasol would drop 25, bynum would get 20 and 14, and sum blocks

heat would lose

but if the heat can add shaq, they can combat bynum for about 15-20 mins a game, but bymum's would still win over, shaq is old

and lets say heat do get tmac, hes only gud for about 15 mins, they wont ply him more than that

and juwan howard :facepalm:, who? in the words of OchoCinco: "Child Please"

and this is coming from a nuggets fan who hates the lakers

heat will be great in 2011 when they have their MLE back

m26555
07-15-2010, 04:54 PM
:facepalm: were not losing to the magic who's gonna beat us dwight and vince they couldnt even beat the celtics so how are they gonna be in the ECF, boston isnt going anywhere?
You facepalm him, then you go and count Orlando out and say Boston isn't going anywhere. Funny.

xbrackattackx
07-15-2010, 04:57 PM
I have a feeling Miller will start, No one listens to me but he is actually getting more than a vet min. If he was gonna be a bench player they would have just got some other vet min.

James/Chalmers
Wade
Miller/Barnes
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Z

I hope Barnes actually gets a pay day somewhere he is a good player. And Glue guy

LTBaByyy
07-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Your post is a bit contradictory. To say the bench will suck followed by a statement saying that a starter from a contender is going to join the heat bench is a massive contradiction to me especially when this "contender starter" being on the same bench with two other capable starters.

One guy isn't the whole bench!!

Yea bc I see barnes and miller the only ones, the bench as a whole is weak, just my opinion!! I said the starting line up is amazing

But if one of the big 3 get injured it's gonna be a first round exit IMO

Truheatfan
07-15-2010, 05:00 PM
You facepalm him, then you go and count Orlando out and say Boston isn't going anywhere. Funny.

so orlando is better than boston? NO, orlando hasnt gotten much better and if the celtics are healthy next year they would beat orlano like they did before so which part was funny to you? :rolleyes:

MiamiLoyal926
07-15-2010, 05:01 PM
One guy isn't the whole bench!!

Yea bc I see barnes and miller the only ones, the bench as a whole is weak, just my opinion!! I said the starting line up is amazing

But if one of the big 3 get injured it's gonna be a first round exit IMO

Miller/ halsem/ barnes/ ilgauskas is a weak bench?

shep33
07-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Sherrod Blakely who I have absolutely no clue who he is, just wrote on his twitter that its down the the Heat, Lakers, and Mavericks for Barnes.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=892&line=137927&spln=1

hgtiger32
A- Haslem is not even close to being a center, bosh would be if anything.
B- You guys are forgeting about dexter pitman and jarvis varnado? quality big men who could have a good impact for the heat similar to kendrick perkins of the C's

MiamiLoyal926
MiamiLoyal926 you have the best sig Ive ever seen

lol thanks!

unleashthebeast
07-15-2010, 05:06 PM

LOL WOW. :facepalm:

JordansBulls
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM

C Haslem, Ilgauskas
PF Bosh, Juwan Howard
SF LeBron, Matt Barnes
SG Wade, Mike Miller
PG Chalmers

Yes

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/scheResu/p/eventid/3507/gamename/A/groupname/75/langlc/en/roundid/5152/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

LTBaByyy
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Miller/ halsem/ barnes/ ilgauskas is a weak bench?

According to the players you listed:
Orlando has a better bench
Blazers have a better bench (healthy)
Mavs have a better bench

The cavs had a better bench last year!!! From sixth man to the last guy, big z was the last guy!!

justinnum1
07-15-2010, 05:10 PM
It's going to be tough for them against the more physical centers like Dwight and Perkins, though.

Howard and Perkins would be in foul trouble against our team.

Master Mind
07-15-2010, 05:11 PM

And the Knicks will win 73 games...:eyebrow:

Cano4prez
07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Haslem will not start center

MiamiLoyal926
07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Mavs have a better bench

The cavs had a better bench last year!!! From sixth man to the last guy, big z was the last guy!!

1. give me the names on these "better benches"

2. your original statement was our bench "sucks" and you named some of the better teams in the league as having a better bench. I never said we had the best bench but its a solid bench to rotate with one of the best starting line-ups.

Should I take your word as truth and fact? I say miller/ haslem/ barnes/ ilgauskas is a good bench thus far and not one that "sucks". Apparently your "facts" are a bit skewed.

td0tsfinest
07-15-2010, 05:18 PM
The Decision 2

It would be a great pickup for the Heat. Adds another perimeter defender when LBJ or Wade are taking a breather.

This Miami team is adding some nice players around their stars. People doubted them but they've done a great job and it doesn't hurt to have Lebron, Wade and Bosh on the same team.

jackdawson
07-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Dwight Howard will be in foul trouble against miami. He is gonna try to stop Wade, James, and Bosh in the paint and I see him getting fouled out by the 3rd quarter.

jackdawson
07-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Mavs have a better bench

How does the Heat bench suck in your opinion??? You have been one of the most bitter fans on PSD since July 8th. No wonder because you are a mavs fan and there's 2006. Oh, well I am surpirsed :rolleyes:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-15-2010, 05:24 PM
The Heat are the only team that PSD talks about their bench. Why is that? Even without Barnes, our bench would be decent.

Wade and Bosh both played 36 minutes and James played 39 minutes last year. So when Wade or James are sitting, Mike Miller will replace them and play for about 20 minutes which is perfect for a 6th man. Haslem will play for about 15-18 minutes when Bosh or the C is on the bench and he will be able to hold his own. The backup PG doesnt have to be great because he might not even play that much because James or Wade will play there form time to time. Illgauskus and Anthony arent the greatest but they are good at what they do which is blocking and rebounding which is pretty much all we need from the center.

Right now our bench is fine and wont be a liability. Anyone we get from now will be a plus.

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 05:27 PM
is Matt Barnes going to have a special on ESPN?

j-mart
07-15-2010, 05:28 PM
No chance the Heat are as good as the Celtics and Lakers of the '80's or the Bulls of the '90's. Hell they may not even be as good as the Lakers of 2010-2011.

Master Mind
07-15-2010, 05:30 PM
The Heat are the only team that PSD talks about their bench. Why is that? Even without Barnes, our bench would be decent.

Wade and Bosh both played 36 minutes and James played 39 minutes last year. So when Wade or James are sitting, Mike Miller will replace them and play for about 20 minutes which is perfect for a 6th man. Haslem will play for about 15-18 minutes when Bosh or the C is on the bench and he will be able to hold his own. The backup PG doesnt have to be great because he might not even play that much because James or Wade will play there form time to time. Illgauskus and Anthony arent the greatest but they are good at what they do which is blocking and rebounding which is pretty much all we need from the center.

Right now our bench is fine and wont be a liability. Anyone we get from now will be a plus.

Well that's because people are still wrapping their heads around the fact that we have three max players and while they're doing that Riley is putting a solid core around them with pixie dust and jolly ranchers

Suns4ever67
07-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Miami better get used to a lot of zone defenses. They can't shoot from range consistantly. They are also going to be punished by post teams like the Lakers. They look good on paper, but . . . Wade and Lebron's skill sets are so identical, they are not complimentary.

rick66ankiel24
07-15-2010, 05:35 PM

probably dont need to listen to a guy that doesnt know the difference between "one" and "won"

MrfadeawayJB
07-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Miami has a solid bench already...

dimedrpr
07-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Does he not like money? This would be weird to me.

bringinwood
07-15-2010, 05:46 PM
it doesnt say hes going it says most likely...if haslem is your C not a chance to be best team all time

Luc Longley :shrug:

Pinrod33
07-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Miami better get used to a lot of zone defenses. They can't shoot from range consistantly. They are also going to be punished by post teams like the Lakers. They look good on paper, but . . . Wade and Lebron's skill sets are so identical, they are not complimentary.

You say this like you have something to reference?? Did you put this team together on NBA Live and have a hard time getting consistent outside shooting?? This is a COMPLETELY new team and I don't think you have any way of knowing how good their outside shooting will be. Unless you figured out that darn flux capacitor issue.......

Pinrod33
07-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Well that's because people are still wrapping their heads around the fact that we have three max players and while they're doing that Riley is putting a solid core around them with pixie dust and jolly ranchers

this is so true though. It started with people saying that there would be no way we could get all three guys to come to Miami and take less money, and now that it happened, the only thing left to do is try to find a reason as to how their bench will ruin everything.

Which BTW, Haslem as the starting center.....makes me.....want to....... :puke:
It's not going to happen. So adding him to the bench makes that unit pretty damn serviceable, if not "good". So now since the bench is not starting caliber, we have a crap bench??? Sounds like y'all are reaching.

kblo247
07-15-2010, 05:55 PM

C Haslem, Ilgauskas
PF Bosh, Juwan Howard
SF LeBron, Matt Barnes
SG Wade, Mike Miller
PG Chalmers

Does it hurt?

Pinrod33
07-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Luc Longley :shrug:

Nice....... everyone always wants to compare one team to another. Again, this type of team has never been put together like this, so you can't just compare it to any other team and use that as a reference. Every championship team has had their own recipe, and they just jelled and were able to put it together. It's a delicate balance that the team needs to reach before being able to challenge for a title and there is no one way to do it.

This team can fall flat on their face, or it can be great for multiple years, but the only way to find out is by getting those games under their belts.

BIGBLUEWEGOHARD
07-15-2010, 05:58 PM

X2. Thank you. People get out of hands now a days. Everything & everyone good is the "greatest ever" & has a "legacy". Calm down.

yoseppii12
07-15-2010, 06:00 PM
I expect a lot of Zones on this team. Zones only porblems are when shots get put up its hard for the defense in the zone to put bodies on people and rebound. But if the heat dont have a good rebounding team (which it seems like They don't seem that strong just yet) a zone can really hurt them.

It all really depends on how much LBJ is willing to give up. Wades wade. I dont think him and LBJ ahve the same style. I think LBJ has the full package other than consistent shooting. If LBJ focuses on playing point and rebounding they will play well and play well against a zone. I just dont see them hitting too many outside shots right now. Mike Miller can get hot as hell from deep though so we will see. Same with chalmers on rare occasion.

As for Barnes, I don't know how hes going there. He's a one of a kind player (well theres few guys like him) and thats something good for any team that gets him.

Viper2000
07-15-2010, 06:02 PM
lets just be honest; if Matt Barnes decides to go to the Heat for the league minimum that would be huge. versatile descent outside shooter who's a strong defender? that's a great pickup. and maybe with him in Miami we might see a round 2 for his girl on basketball wives???

yoseppii12
07-15-2010, 06:02 PM
when i said i dont know how hes going there i was agreeing with the pixy dust and jolly rancher comment from earlier. How do all these guys sign for so cheap. It makes a joke out of this league. Some guys get the most overpaid contracts and other guys take ****. I bet theres gotta be some kind of illegal payment **** going on. Haslem someone who definately cares about his contract takes 10+ mill less? I know hes from flor but still

jules77
07-15-2010, 06:10 PM
They are all drinking that pat Riley Kool aid thats why they are signing for cheap...dont understand the Matt Barnes signing though..Im pretty sure he can get more from some other team

awr0430
07-15-2010, 06:11 PM
To everyone that keeps saying teams are gonna play zone against this team obviously dont study basketball enough. Shooters are not the only thing that breaks up a zone defense. Flashing middle, the short corner, looking opposite out of the post are all ways of breaking a zone down and leading to more fouls. I dont expect to see alot of zone necessarily because zones usually lead to wide open shots and everyone on the Heat isnt exactly Ronnie Brewer or Tony Allen shooting from 3. Just my opinion

Master Mind
07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
To everyone that keeps saying teams are gonna play zone against this team obviously dont study basketball enough. Shooters are not the only thing that breaks up a zone defense. Flashing middle, the short corner, looking opposite out of the post are all ways of breaking a zone down and leading to more fouls. I dont expect to see alot of zone necessarily because zones usually lead to wide open shots and everyone on the Heat isnt exactly Ronnie Brewer or Tony Allen shooting from 3. Just my opinion

:clap:

gangis2169
07-15-2010, 06:27 PM
There are 5 bonfied scrubs on this team if Barnes joins. Im loving it this team keeps getting worse and worse.

3RDASYSTEM
07-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Why do people keep saying Wade/Lebron dont compliment one another? Wade is more of a scorer ala Jordan/Richmon/AI/Durant/Melo and Lebron is more Kidd/Magic/Oscar ...Lebron was forced to do alot of the scoring in Cavland, now he can move more without the ball and have easier buckets around the paint/elbow area and still do his Point Forward thang..it'll be easier for him

justinnum1
07-15-2010, 06:31 PM

Also, against the zone, haslem will just set up at the free throw line and knock down his J all day long.

blastmasta26
07-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Barnes would be a great piece for them. This team is crazy, only weakness would be C, backup PG, and backup bigs. Haslem and Ilgauskas are not good options for center. This team is good enough to win first year, but it will be difficult. I think the dynasty would start next season, they should be able to improve their big man situation by then.

ATX
07-15-2010, 06:55 PM
There are 5 bonfied scrubs on this team if Barnes joins. Im loving it this team keeps getting worse and worse.

Please stop embarrassing yourself. Miami has 3 superstars and 2 sixth man candidates.

Master Mind
07-15-2010, 06:59 PM

You're in denial bro its ok...

RCarlson85
07-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Bench= sucks!! Haha

Doesn't make sense

How does the bench suck? First of all Haslem won't be starting at center, so he will be on the bench. How many teams have 3 guys coming off their bench that are better than Haslem, Miller, and Barnes? These guys could all start on most teams.

RCarlson85
07-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Ilgauskas and Howard have nothing left...

Best team of all-time? Come on...

I'm not sure how much Big Z has left. He's not going to be starting, he will only have to contribute maybe 15 minutes a game. As far as Howard you don't know what you're talking about. He played a lot last year for Portland. He started many games for them when Oden and Pryzbilla went down with injuries. Here again though, Howard will be behind Bosh and Haslem. How many teams have a better 3rd PF on their team than Howard?

SwaggaIke
07-15-2010, 07:14 PM
We mastered the art of the zone last year. Spo doesn't get enough credit for that. High I.Q ball players like Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Miller & Haslem would toy w/ any zone the league has to offer. No zone in the league can stop a LeBron/Wade two man game. With Miller sniping and Haslem and Bosh being so efficient in the mid range game, a zone would be laughable. Precise cutting, passing and slashing.

JasonJohnHorn
Um... is ESPN going to have a one hour special to announce his descion?

RCarlson85

Wow, you need to lay off whatever it is you're smoking. You've got to be kidding. Lebron and his team of losers made it to the 2nd round last year. This team will win 60+ games.

boolish
07-15-2010, 07:17 PM
jeez how are they getting all these players. the nba is surely going to be pathetic with the deck stacked like this...

tredigs
07-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Bench= sucks!! Haha

Doesn't make sense

Look at the sentence directly following "Bench = sucks!! Haha", then ask yourself how you've managed to make it this far in life without tripping off a cliff.

RCarlson85
07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Mavs have a better bench

Mavs, really? Of course you would say the Mavs. I don't even see anyone from your bench that I would want on my team besides Chandler and Terry. Roddy B has some potential, but he's so raw and besides Carlisle doesn't even like him. And don't say Barea is good because whoever we sign to play backup PG will be better than he is.

Baller1
07-15-2010, 08:25 PM
I find it unbelievable how many people on this site fail to show any form of maturity and logic.

The Miami Heat are forming something beyond a "superteam". Lebron, Wade, and Bosh was exciting and everything; but like myself, everyone wondered whether they would be able to put a team around them. What are they doing? Making amazing pickups considering their financial situation, and yet you all still find a way to complain and turn your cheek on reality.

Matt Barnes, Big Z, Mario Chalmers, Udonis Haslem, Juwan Howard, Mike Miller, (T-Mac), (Shaq), and any other possible acquisitions.

How the **** is that not a servicable bench to play alongside? Those are all well-known, respected, more-than-able role players to play along side Riley's Angels. You people amaze me. I'm starting to think I'm the only non-Miami fan that is living in reality; if there's anyone else please step up and say something so I don't feel like such a minority.

And maybe it doesn't work out and everything falls to ****, but for now, this organization is putting together a ****ing unstoppable roster and you people that are denying it is just embarrasing.

This (possible) roster is ****ing incredible, just respect it.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-15-2010, 08:34 PM
I find it unbelievable how many people on this site fail to show any form of maturity and logic.

The Miami Heat are forming something beyond a "superteam". Lebron, Wade, and Bosh was exciting and everything; but like myself, everyone wondered whether they would be able to put a team around them. What are they doing? Making amazing pickups considering their financial situation, and yet you all still find a way to complain and turn your cheek on reality.

Matt Barnes, Big Z, Mario Chalmers, Udonis Haslem, Juwan Howard, Mike Miller, (T-Mac), (Shaq), and any other possible acquisitions.

How the **** is that not a servicable bench to play alongside? Those are all well-known, respected, more-than-able role players to play along side Riley's Angels. You people amaze me. I'm starting to think I'm the only non-Miami fan that is living in reality; if there's anyone else please step up and say something so I don't feel like such a minority.

And maybe it doesn't work out and everything falls to ****, but for now, this organization is putting together a ****ing unstoppable roster and you people that are denying it is just embarrasing.

:clap: They're blinded by hate. Fine by me I love it. It just shows how scared they are.

ATX
07-15-2010, 08:37 PM

There is intelligent life out there after all.

Master Mind
07-15-2010, 08:37 PM

justinnum1
07-15-2010, 09:03 PM

jrodmesche
07-15-2010, 09:12 PM

:clap: very good post

ecorrea
07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
yup on Paper the heat are a very formidable opponent. its gonna be a great nba season. heat are now the "villains" and every team is goin to bring their A game for em...

RCarlson85
07-15-2010, 09:39 PM

This is all true. It's nice to hear someone other than a Heat fan say it. I don't think a championship is in the bag by any means, but I think they definitely have really good shot. Everyone was ripping on them because they wouldn't have any players around their stars, but that's just not true anymore. If you weren't blinded by hate/jealousy, you would see that they have done a great job getting a very solid supporting cast. Their bench shouldn't be a weakness.

plpfctn
07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
The Heat have either small or old bigs.

omdigga
07-15-2010, 10:04 PM
F'in Pat Riley.. makin it happen in south beach. i was really hoping nobody would sign for less, but a chance to play with wade and bron is too much to pass up.

SANDBURG23
07-15-2010, 10:06 PM

Nope it isn't.

kjoke
07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Nope it isn't.

:facepalm: please stop hating

Cbast09
07-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Nope it isn't.
Wow... :facepalm: