PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead: The 2011 Free Agent Class

Boston Faithful
07-15-2010, 01:28 PM
The top free agents (The Lebron, Wade and Bosh's of this class) are Carmelo Anthony, Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Yao Ming.

The second tier (The David Lee's) include Caron Butler, Zach Randolph and David West.

There are a lot of restricted free agents (The Rudy Gay's) in Greg Oden, Jeff Green, Al Hoford, Joakim Noah and Aaron Brooks.

The Knicks and the Wizards already look to have a lot of cap room. It certainly won't be as big as a year as the 2010 Free Agent Class was, but do you think it'll receive a lot of publicity?

D1JM
07-15-2010, 01:32 PM
The top free agents (The Lebron, Wade and Bosh's of this class) are Carmelo Anthony, Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Yao Ming.

The second tier (The David Lee's) include Caron Butler, Zach Randolph and David West.

There are a lot of restricted free agents (The Rudy Gay's) in Greg Oden, Jeff Green, Al Hoford, Joakim Noah and Aaron Brooks.

The Knicks and the Wizards already look to have a lot of cap room. It certainly won't be as big as a year as the 2010 Free Agent Class was, but do you think it'll receive a lot of publicity?

rudy gay already signed a big deal

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Probably not. But CBA coverage will dominate in the days leading up to free agency. Without a new CBA, or an extension, free agency doesn't happen. ESPN was covering free agency when the playoffs were still going.

LionBryan
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Reading skills rock.

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 01:34 PM
lol

Hellcrooner
07-15-2010, 01:56 PM
given that there will be a lock out and that anew cba may shorten the deals and weath of the deals its possible tht EVERY supposed FA sicgns an extension this season.

If not , expect Marc Gasol to get Max bucks somwhere desperate ( NY?)

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 01:57 PM

lol

Wade_County
07-15-2010, 01:59 PM

hes comparing Rudy this year to the players he mentioned for next year.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
well the knicks will have enough for a max once again hopefully we can cash in on our 1st option this time around.........melo?

kobebabe
07-15-2010, 02:05 PM

looks like u could use an english reading class......

Thisisouryear!!
07-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Melo-----to NY, if he doesn't sign that extension soon.

Da Knicks
07-15-2010, 02:18 PM
looks like u could use an english reading class......

:D :smoking: that was cooooooold.

uws
07-15-2010, 02:29 PM

I think a lot of those "top" guys will resign with their teams (parker, duncan, yao), and Melo might be the only one to hit market

the middle guys are all wastes of $$ in my opinion and would be terrible to be overpaid

the most interesting ones in that group to me are the restricteds!
-Will Oden get an offer despite his injury history or will portlands depth leave him to FA status?
-will Jeff green get big money like he wants, or stay with OKC for less to play with his buddy durrant (cuz i know OKC isnt paying him MAX bills to stick around after they paid durrant)?
-Does horford realize the hawks are never gonna make it and try to get out, are the hawks willing to spend after JJ's big deal?
-Do the bulls give noah a big pay day, or does freugal management back out at the last minute?

these kind of guys are young impact players who i can see slipping away from their teams.

I dont think 2011 gets the same buzz as 2010 cuz its not 3 of the 5 best players in the game out there, but with the CBA looming over everyones heads I think it could get very very interesting