PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Cousins favorite to win ROY

EliManning#1
07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Accoring to @KingJames via twitter "Give me John Wall or DeMarcus Cousins for ROY this year. Them young cats been balling in Summer League"

Demarcus cousins is a beast and John Wall might be sharing with Gilbert Arenas too much so i think Demarcus will win it..giving the sacremento queens back to back ROYs..has that ever been done?

JayW_1023
07-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I think Blake Griffin will be better than Cousins.

EliManning#1
07-15-2010, 12:32 PM
probaly i just dont believe blake griffin will be the one to lift the clipper curse plus hell be sharing alot with Kaman in the post Demarcus will be the man in Sacramento

Raoul Duke
07-15-2010, 12:33 PM
I think Blake Griffin will be better than Cousins.

Griffin will give him a run for his money. Theres an awful lot of talented young guys that are going to be in the discussion, but Cousins and Wall would be my early favorites (not that a few summer league games are anything to base an opinion on, but...).

tredigs
07-15-2010, 12:34 PM
^I'd agree with Griffin being the favorite, and really who cares who LBJ tweeted he thinks is going to win it?

That said, I watched the Kings summer league game yesterday, and Cousins looked pretty impressive. Great footwork in the low post and a great rebounder. His was trying out his mid-range shot, but I'd say it looked a pretty shaky. I think he hit the game winner though (unless minny came back and scored with a couple seconds left; feed wen tout).

Got a lot of young talent coming in this year, should be fun to see.

probaly i just dont believe blake griffin will be the one to lift the clipper curse plus hell be sharing alot with Kaman in the post Demarcus will be the man in Sacramento

Carl Landry is better than him at this point, so they'll be splitting a lot of minutes with Jason Thompson at center. Plus, The Man? That's 'Reke over in Sac.

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 12:37 PM
I think it will be either Wall or Cousins considering the guys around them.
Griffin has Baron, Kaman, Eric Gordon.
Wall has Blatche and Arenas and not much else.
Cousins has Tyreke (sorry JT you're damn inconsistent). Cousins should be the favorite.

ldc62
07-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Wall or Turner

asandhu23
07-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Its either Wall or Griffin. Lets use the Wilt sucks logic here and say the Cousins is only dominating players who suck and are much shorter than him.

WSU Tony
07-15-2010, 12:44 PM
So Lebron Tweets that he thinks either Wall or Cousins will get ROY and you title the thread COUSINS FAVORITE TO WIN ROY.

Do you have a hard time reading things? First of all, it's Lebrons opinion. Second, that's not even what he said!

Sixerlover
07-15-2010, 12:49 PM
I want to see Cousins do what he's doing to NBA comp before I judge. The big men are always the worst part of summer leagues, whereas the guards always seem to have more NBA experience.

But DeMarcus is showing off this summer league. That game yesterday was just dominant.

iHoop
07-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Griffin, Wall, and Cousins are all great players but of course all we can watch is the summer league games so far. But Cousins is an absolute beast and I think he will be the ROY. Wall is a great player too but for some reason I see Gilbert taking alot way from Wall. Who knows though they all will probably deserve it by the end of the regular season.

Russell_Roberts
07-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Wall is a good player he turns over the ball way too much

CityofTreez
07-15-2010, 12:53 PM
I want to see Cousins do what he's doing to NBA comp before I judge. The big men are always the worst part of summer leagues, whereas the guards always seem to have more NBA experience.

But DeMarcus is showing off this summer league. That game yesterday was just dominant.

He was unstoppable. It is summer league, but lets wait and see

All Hail the Boogie Monster aka Reke DMC aka Big Cuddly Teddy Bear

Lakersho
07-15-2010, 12:54 PM
...cousins looks great against other rooks ,need to see him in nba games to really tell. blake is a beast ,if healthy i think he'll get the roy... cousins bein a center , nba has help def. that could derail him...

Tony_Starks
07-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Caracter ROY

TheKing23
07-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Boogie!

:dance:

Bryrob58
07-15-2010, 01:02 PM
So Lebron Tweets that he thinks either Wall or Cousins will get ROY and you title the thread COUSINS FAVORITE TO WIN ROY.

Do you have a hard time reading things? First of all, it's Lebrons opinion. Second, that's not even what he said!

+1.

Also, for everyone saying how Blake has to split time with Kaman... Huh? Is the PF spot not his to run with? Doesn't Cousins have to compete with JT, Sammy D, and Landry (and Whiteside possibly) for time?

I think he'll be productive, but let's not say he's the favourite over Wall and Griffin. I would probably take ET over him. Summer League doesn't mean a whole lot. He's playing with boys.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I agree that Demarcus Cousins is a beast...but not because Lebron said it.

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Nah what's to say you can't use that logic on Wall or Griffin?

Besides, Cousins has gone up against Caracter, Monroe, O'Bryant, Koshwal. It's not like those guys are midgets.

alencp3
07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Blake Griffin takes it i can bet anyone about that.
Wall should be all star this year with Rose and Rondo in East.
SacTown has Dalembert,Whiteside,JT,Landry and some other guys who will share minutes with Cousins.
Oh also i cant beleive nobody mentioned Tiago Splitter he will be the beast in Texas.

mark1125
07-15-2010, 03:01 PM
I do think Cousins will be a solid NBA player.

With that said, I am amazed at how many PSDers are getting their slurp on for him based off of a LeBron Tweet and a handful of summer league games. I want to see how his lack of conditioning translates to a regular season load before I annoint him a god.

JWO35
07-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Paul George
Rookie of the Year

xbrackattackx
07-15-2010, 03:05 PM
I am pulling for DMC anyways. dude's cool and he' a baller. James opinion doesn't mean anything to me.

Gideon
07-15-2010, 03:08 PM
I think Cousins wins it and pretty easily. Been saying for over a year this kid is and will be the best player out of this draft class.

BigSteve
07-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I would put to much stock into Cousins this early. He has all the potential in the world, but hes imature and will be pushed on a nightly basis against much better competition. I picture him the same way I do Rasheed Wallace. Can dominate anytime he wanted to, but he had a screw loose in the head and was to lazy to do it consistantly.

gbpackers12
07-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Demarcus Cousins has been looking great in SL. I still think Wall wins ROY though.