PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Power Rankings

JordansBulls
07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/powerRankings

1 Lakers - - 1/1 (57-25) The champs added Steve Blake, an upgrade over Jordan Farmar, and have otherwise stood pat. But that's good enough to keep them No. 1 despite Miami's moves. With one superstar and three skilled 7-footers, L.A. still presents huge matchup problems for any team trying to dethrone it.

2 Heat - - 2/2 (47-35) On paper, Miami does have the potential for a super team, especially since Pat Riley is accumulating quality talent around LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Until they prove that all the parts mesh, however, it's premature to anoint the Heat as the team to beat.

3 Magic - - 3/3 (59-23) Chris Duhon is a nice pickup as Jameer Nelson's backup, but the returning starters hold the key to Orlando's title chances. Dwight Howard has to improve his offensive game, Rashard Lewis needs to regain his confidence and Vince Carter must prove - despite all evidence to the contrary - that he's a winner, not a choker.

4 Celtics - - 4/4 (50-32) By re-signing Pierce and Ray Allen, the C's kept the Big Three intact for another title run. Since each is a year closer to AARP membership, it'll be tempting to write them off. But isn't that what we thought a few months ago?

5 Thunder - - 5/5 (50-32) Too high? Maybe so, but re-signing Durant to a long-term deal keeps the good vibes going for the West's team of the future. Cole Aldrich may (or may not) give them the inside presence they need. But if Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden (all 21 or younger) keep making progress, OKC may be the biggest threat to the Lakers in the conference.

6 Trail Blazers - - 6/6 (50-32) Portland didn't make any big moves, but no team will have a bigger frontline if Oden and Pryzbilla return from injury to join Camby and Aldridge. Of course, with Oden, that's a very big if.

7 Nuggets - - 7/7 (53-29) Standing pat may mean taking a step back, especially since Billups isn't getting any younger. Carmelo's contract situation also will hang over the franchise if he doesn't sign an extension.

8 Bulls - - 8/8 (41-41) They lost out on LeBron but got the low-post scorer they desperately need in Boozer. If they also sign Korver and Redick, they'll fill their other big need, 3-point shooting, and could contend in the East.

9 Mavericks - - 9/9 (55-27) After keeping Dirk and Haywood, then trading for Tyson Chandler, the Mavs won't go away. But Cuban needs to make a big move for Dallas to really scare anybody.

10 Jazz - - 10/10 (53-29) In essence, they replaced Boozer with Al Jefferson, who should thrive playing in a structured offense with Deron Williams. Still, there's not enough talent on the roster to win the West.

Switch
07-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Sounds about right. Thunder will be a very good team this season.

ManRam
07-15-2010, 11:48 AM
I think they're fair. I think Portland might be a bit high, but honestly I don't know who I'd move ahead of them.

S-Dot
07-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Thunder are kinda high; Mavs are kinda low.

Jays Claw
07-15-2010, 11:57 AM
The Raptors are too high on that list. :pity:

They should be at the very bottom.

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Portland and Denver are too high while The Mavs and Bulls are too low.

ManRam
07-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Looking at 11-30.

Cleveland is way too high. The Clippers and Kings are better.
I think the Nets are better than Detroit, Indiana and perhaps Philly...I'm serious.
I think the Rockets are way too high. I'd move SA, ATL, Milwaukee, PHX and Memphis ahead of them. Yao is too much of an unknown.

Gibby23
07-15-2010, 12:02 PM
The Lakers are to low, should be higher, IMO.

Faycem
07-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Portland and Denver are too high while The Mavs and Bulls are too low.

Agree.

dnewguy
07-15-2010, 12:05 PM
I like how we all have to pretend that the Lakers are better than the Heat.......no one said San Antonio is best when Boston added big 3. I'll just say it how it is, either Wade or Lebron is better than Kobe....deny it all you want but facts are facts. No team can match-up to Miami as of yet, there I said it.

Agar81
07-15-2010, 12:09 PM
The Bulls are too high and the Bucks should be higher

drama1386
sounds about right, although I think my bucks should be higher...

Lakersho

...celtics should be ahead of magic,and heat they havent done shite yet. the bulls should be no.5 the thunder no.6 the rest is a toss up... with a healthy bogut the bucks should be in top 10...

mjt20mik
07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I like how we all have to pretend that the Lakers are better than the Heat.......no one said San Antonio is best when Boston added big 3. I'll just say it how it is, either Wade or Lebron is better than Kobe....deny it all you want but facts are facts. No team can match-up to Miami as of yet, there I said it.

I like how we have to pretend that the Lakers have not won any championships with their current squad. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

The heat haven't won / played a single game yet, and as much as I don't like / support the Lakers, they DESERVE to be # 1 since they are back to back champs. C'mon, stop being a homer.

plpfctn
07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
1. The Champs
2. Celtics
3. Heat
4 Magic
5. Jazz
6. Thunder
7. Nuggs
8. Mavs

Faycem
07-15-2010, 12:11 PM

....ok, good for you.

dnewguy
07-15-2010, 12:12 PM
...celtics should be ahead of magic,and heat they havent done shite yet. the bulls should be no.5 the thunder no.6 the rest is a toss up...

If you're gonna contradict yourself, atleast have the courtesy to start a new sentence. The Bulls haven't done shite either but you will rank them ahead of Utah, Denver and Mavs?

Niro
07-15-2010, 12:13 PM
cavs too high, kings, clippers and warriors too low

Chacarron
07-15-2010, 12:13 PM

There is no bigger homer and bandwagoner in PSD than you. Congrats :clap:

Ragun
07-15-2010, 12:14 PM
toronto is too low IMO but thats fine. hopefully they can prove the doubters wrong. not saying they will be a playoff team but they will be better than a 29th place team.

and how the **** dont we have anything left? we have bargnani who has a much higher ceiling than bosh and we still got the young gunz + with the addition of barbosa and ed davis.

plpfctn

The only thing Wade, Lebonze, and Bosh have done together is "win" a bronze medal on the 06 World Championships. Lebron and Wade couldn't get to teh finals despite playing in the very weak East. Kobe wins rings, Lebronze loses in the second round. there you buddy.

Hellcrooner
Horrible , some teams are extremel overated and some extremely underated.

And yeah, disccount spurs at your own peril.

dnewguy
07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
1. Miami (best two players in league along with solid pf)
2. Celtics (best defense in league)
3. Thunder (Will beat the Lakers in 2011 write that down)
4. Orlando (Best C)
5. Bulls (Most aggressive team)
6. Lakers. (I don't trust a Ron Artest that is not playing for anything 'championship' anymore)

This how I see things playing out next season, the Lakers championship is now in past tense, we live in the present if i'm not mistaken.

Lakersho
07-15-2010, 12:17 PM

...well to start "WE ARE THE CHAMPS " and yes on paper the heat is hot, BUT they haven't done anything yet. you would know more of the real power rankings if you kept track before your sign in user date of july 2010, oh i see thats since the lebron signing , what a cowinkidink...

plpfctn
07-15-2010, 12:17 PM

here's a REAL fact--Wade and Princess Lebronze couldn't win a gold medal in international competition until Kobe joined team usa. kobe wouldn't lose to greece, or puerto rico or mexico or pandora. that ***** don't happen under kobe's watch.

....there i said it.

C_Mund
07-15-2010, 12:19 PM
The Raptors are too high on that list. :pity:

They should be at the very bottom.

haha, isn't it nice to actually not have any expectations? Even raps fans can't get disappointed this year!

mjt20mik
07-15-2010, 12:20 PM
4. Orlando (Best C)
6. Lakers. (I don't trust a Ron Artest that is not playing for anything anymore)

This how I see things playing out next season, the Lakers championship is now in past tense, we live in the present if i'm not mistaken.

I thought we lived in a magical fairyland where teams that haven't proved anything are allowed to be ranked on top of teams that have been champions year in and year out.

:eyebrow:

shep33
07-15-2010, 12:20 PM
1. Miami
2. Celtics
3. Thunder
4. Orlando
5. Bulls
6. Lakers.

The Lakers are presently still the champions, the Heat are presently the most hated team in the league.

dnewguy
07-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Drugs are bad son,:

truth is bitter mate.

Faycem
07-15-2010, 12:23 PM
truth is bitter mate.

You, dnewBandwagoner, made my day. Thank you.

mjt20mik
07-15-2010, 12:25 PM
You, dnewBandwagoner, made my day. Thank you.

Gotta love Bandwagoners.

Lakersho
07-15-2010, 12:25 PM
If you're gonna contradict yourself, atleast have the courtesy to start a new sentence. The Bulls haven't done shite either but you will rank them ahead of Utah, Denver and Mavs?

...you dont even want to start newbee. what your learning proper sentence arrangment in school? by your user date you look alot like the dreaded bandwagooner fans everyone loves to laugh at . so dont draw attention to yourself ,it makes you look that much lamer...

shep33
07-15-2010, 12:27 PM
truth is bitter mate.

Totally right! People got to accept the truth... Laker fans know it, Heat fans know it! Adam Morrison has more rings than the Housewives of Miami

Faycem
07-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Gotta love Bandwagoners.

Yeah, they're so cute when they appears and suddenly hide..:D

BkOriginalOne
07-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Nuggets aren't too high.

Remember Karl is coaching, not Adrian "mess the team up" Dhantley.
When Healthy, the Nugs are better on paper now than last season, especially with a more experienced Lawson.

Stunner
07-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Yeah, they're so cute when they appears and suddenly hide..:D

u made him your sig lmao

Faycem
07-15-2010, 12:34 PM
u made him your sig lmao

I couldn't ignore such a memorable quote :D

dnewguy
07-15-2010, 12:34 PM
...you dont even want to start newbee. what your learning proper sentence arrangment in school? by your user date you look alot like the dreaded bandwagooner fans everyone loves to laugh at . so dont draw attention to yourself ,it makes you look that much lamer...

You can't even spell "arrangement" and "bandwagonner" right mate.

king4day
07-15-2010, 12:35 PM

I know you're excited about the Heat and rightfully so, but don't take a guarantee from Lebron that there will be 7+ titles in Miami when he couldn't do it once anywhere else.

Lebron/Kobe are a wash.
Fisher>Chalmers or any PG the Heat end up getting in free agency (Hell, Blake might be better than any of them too)
Wade>Artest
Gasol>Bosh
Bynum>Anyone the Heat get in Free agency.

And if the Lakers decide to play zone, then that damages the Heat's strong point of getting to the rim.

If the Heat play zone, LA has two bigs that can dominate inside.

J-Relo
07-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Suns and Bulls too low

dnewguy
07-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I know you're excited about the Heat and rightfully so, but don't take a guarantee from Lebron that there will be 7+ titles in Miami when he couldn't do it once anywhere else.

Lebron/Kobe are a wash.
Fisher>Chalmers or any PG the Heat end up getting in free agency (Hell, Blake might be better than any of them too)
Wade>Artest
Gasol>Bosh
Bynum>Anyone the Heat get in Free agency.

And if the Lakers decide to play zone, then that damages the Heat's strong point of getting to the rim.

If the Heat play zone, LA has two bigs that can dominate inside.

yadayadayada.........fantasy match-ups made up in your head again. Basketball don't work that way, if it does Boston would have beat L.A. Only one thing matter when they face each-other on the court, Miami will have the best 2 players on the floor.

shep33
07-15-2010, 12:40 PM
You can't even spell "arrangement" and "bandwagonner" right mate.

I like to mate

king4day
Suns and Bulls too low

I'm not gonna argue the Suns simply cuz Amar'e is gone. It may be too low, but we'll see how the new team meshes for now.

TEXASTITAN
Portland and Utah shouldn't be in the top 10 and you sure as hell don't put a team that hasn't stepped foot on the floor but looks nice on paper at #2. Utah took a step backwards and everyone knows oden for portland will go down 20 games in. Rockets aren't high enough for a team that won 42 games without a superstar in the west and they get YAO back they oughtta be higher on that list.

nickdymez
07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
The lakers have three 7 footers?

ABOMB_56
07-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Looking at 11-30.

Cleveland is way too high. The Clippers and Kings are better.
I think the Nets are better than Detroit, Indiana and perhaps Philly...I'm serious.
I think the Rockets are way too high. I'd move SA, ATL, Milwaukee, PHX and Memphis ahead of them. Yao is too much of an unknown.

Without Yao for the entire season, and without Kevin Martin for a good portion of the season, the Rockets won 42 games in the Western Conference. I don't know how you could put Pheonix (Amare leaving), Milwakee (Bogut's injury), Memphis (Same squad as last year, and the Rockets did better than them), or SA (Duncan, Parker and Ginobli are a shell of their former selves, and Jefferson is leaving) ahead of the Rockets. I believe they are a sleeper team to give the Lakers a run for their money in the Western Conference. Two summers ago, without Yao, T-Mac or Kevin Martin we took the Lakers to 7 games.
However, I am a Rockets fan so take what I say with a bit of homerism in there, but this team has depth and has a great bench:

PG.Brooks/Lowry
SG.Martin/Budinger/Taylor
SF.Ariza/Battier/Jeffries
PF.Scola/Hill/Hayes/Patterson/
C.Yao/Anderson/Hayes

LionBryan
07-15-2010, 12:50 PM
The Nets are most definately better than the Pistons.

Sixerlover
07-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm done with the Portland hype, they should be lower.

cowboyz180
07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
the mavs are way too low

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Bulls behind Thunder, Heat, Portland and Denver is a joke.

ABOMB_56
07-15-2010, 01:05 PM

:laugh:

Reyes6
07-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Not bad for a Power Rankings, people will always say "Oh x team should be higher" with a sig in support for that team. Except for Raptors fans, who deserve a superstar that stays with that franchise.

As for the Rockets, eh... I'd put them a bit above the Jazz and I think Bulls fans overrate the Bulls a bit, I can make a definite argument for Dallas to be above them.

jrodmesche
07-15-2010, 01:08 PM

ill agree with you after weve played a couple of games haha

Avenged
07-15-2010, 01:09 PM

Okay, let's assume Lebron and Wade are both better than Kobe (to make you happy) .. Did I miss something? Is the NBA all of a sudden a 2 on 1 game? Your really not giving any facts whatsoever, just making assumptions. The Heat have yet to play a game together but we're the ones "pretending" the Heat are better than the Lakers?

4. Orlando (Best C)
6. Lakers. (I don't trust a Ron Artest that is not playing for anything 'championship' anymore)

And to think that you're actually serious depresses me.. :sigh:

Reyes6
07-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Great another Lakers vs Heat debate 0 games in to the season. I guess us other fans of the 28 other teams should just give up now and watch an 82 game season of Heat vs Lakers.

C_Mund
07-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Without Yao for the entire season, and without Kevin Martin for a good portion of the season, the Rockets won 42 games in the Western Conference. I don't know how you could put Pheonix (Amare leaving), Milwakee (Bogut's injury), Memphis (Same squad as last year, and the Rockets did better than them), or SA (Duncan, Parker and Ginobli are a shell of their former selves, and Jefferson is leaving) ahead of the Rockets. I believe they are a sleeper team to give the Lakers a run for their money in the Western Conference. Two summers ago, without Yao, T-Mac or Kevin Martin we took the Lakers to 7 games.
However, I am a Rockets fan so take what I say with a bit of homerism in there, but this team has depth and has a great bench:

PG.Brooks/Lowry
C.Yao/Anderson/Hayes

Fair enough, dude, the Rockets should be good this year. But you can't call Yao coming back a reason to hike them up, then at the same time say that Bogut coming off of an injury a reason to bump the Bucks back.

C_Mund
07-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Great another Lakers vs Heat debate 0 games in to the season. I guess us other fans of the 28 other teams should just give up now and watch an 82 game season of Heat vs Lakers.

Haha, do you think the mods would close a thread if we called it "The 3-30 debate?"

Avenged
07-15-2010, 01:19 PM

Fine, fine, fine.

The Rockets will also be a good team this season if Yao is healthy and hopefully Ariza drastically improves his fg%.

:up:

mjt20mik
07-15-2010, 01:21 PM
yadayadayada.........fantasy match-ups made up in your head again. Basketball don't work that way, if it does Boston would have beat L.A. Only one thing matter when they face each-other on the court, Miami will have the best 2 players on the floor.

This coming from the lad that said Miami is better without them playing any games. Talk about fantasy land. And Boston did not have a better team than L.A. last year. They didn't have Perks, and the Lakers were just so much more deeper. You seriously need to just be quiet and stop making yourself seem stupid.

:facepalm:

kobebabe
07-15-2010, 01:23 PM
blazers too high IMO coz they have not proved they can stay healthy all year yet. And where is Atlanta and bucks?

ABOMB_56
07-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Fair enough, dude, the Rockets should be good this year. But you can't call Yao coming back a reason to hike them up, then at the same time say that Bogut coming off of an injury a reason to bump the Bucks back.

Good point. Like I said, a little bit of a homer here
But, to write off the Rockets because of a guy returning from injury, and then to say the Bucks should be better, I dunno, it just seems hypocritical.
Aside from Bogut and Yao, IMO I think its fair to say that the Rockets have a better team.

Heater4life
07-15-2010, 01:24 PM
The only thing Wade, Lebonze, and Bosh have done together is "win" a bronze medal on the 06 World Championships. Lebron and Wade couldn't get to teh finals despite playing in the very weak East. Kobe wins rings, Lebronze loses in the second round. there you buddy.

I dont think the Heat should be annoited anything, they have to come in and prove thermselves. That i agree with 100%

Your argument is dumb though, three top players, two of which we ALL know can dominate a game, on the same team.

Reagrdless, they must earn their perch on the top of the power rankings, Lakers champs until proven otherwise.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-15-2010, 01:25 PM

PG.Brooks/Lowry
C.Yao/Anderson/Hayes

You cant put the Rockets in the top 10 at this time. They have a nice roster but you have to see how they play together as a team before you put them ahead of some of those other teams.

That being said...I really like the Rockets...and if there is any coach who can make that roster play with chemistry...its Rick Adelman...hes an outstanding coach when it comes to getting his team to play as one unit.

Of course none of this matters if Yao isnt 100%.

MAC10TIZZY
07-15-2010, 01:25 PM
semi agree

thesparky33
07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
How is Cleveland 21st? How are they better than close to a third of the league? Am I overrating how bad they are going to be?

nanablvd
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM

what you said are opinions and not facts. Dont confuse yourself or else you look like the one denying it, not us.

ManRam
07-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Why does everything have to turn into a stupid Laker/Heat ***** fit? It's not too hard to be mature and talk about the rankings intelligently...well, I guess it is.

Jesus. You guys are killing this forum.

ManRam
07-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Oh, and I don't get this "they haven't proven anything" or "they haven't even played a game yet". What does that matter? How does that make the Heat any worse than they are. They either are going to be the best, or they aren't, and it has nothing to do with either of those phrases. Those two things are completely independent of how much success they'll have.

People said the same thing about the Celtics, look how that worked out.

Reyes6
07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh, and I don't get this "they haven't proven anything" or "they haven't even played a game yet". What does that matter? How does that make the Heat any worse than they are. They either are going to be the best, or they aren't, and it has nothing to do with either of those phrases. Those two things are completely independent of how much success they'll have.

People said the same thing about the Celtics, look how that worked out.

Heat fans are already putting them as Champs, even when the Celtics Big 3 got put together I was skeptical. But never before have 3 players of this magnitude ever been on the same team together, so it can either be a great success or an absolute failure depending on how the players mesh. This isn't baseball where it's you step in the batter's box vs a pitcher, it's basketball where if the chemistry isn't there, the wins won't be either.

ABOMB_56
07-15-2010, 01:43 PM
You cant put the Rockets in the top 10 at this time. They have a nice roster but you have to see how they play together as a team before you put them ahead of some of those other teams.

That being said...I really like the Rockets...and if there is any coach who can make that roster play with chemistry...its Rick Adelman...hes an outstanding coach when it comes to getting his team to play as one unit.

Of course none of this matters if Yao isnt 100%.

So you can''t put the Rockets top 10 because you have to see how they play together, yet the Bulls and Heat who added major new pieces to their team can be ranked top 10? It just seems like a double standard to me. Also, it's not like the Rockets added a major free agent who will change their philosophy, they added Yao Ming back to their line-up. And if I am correct, he played with all of these guys with the exception of K-Mart, Hill and Jeffries. None of these guys will interfere with what he does because they all are perimeter players with the exception of Hill.
I agree on your second point about the roster being talented and Adelman being a good coach who can mesh the players. But I disagree with the fact that Yao is a make or break for this team. I personally believe, that w/o Yao the Rockets are a #8 seed, but with him, they are a top 4 team

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Heat fans are already putting them as Champs, even when the Celtics Big 3 got put together I was skeptical. But never before have 3 players of this magnitude ever been on the same team together, so it can either be a great success or an absolute failure depending on how the players mesh. This isn't baseball where it's you step in the batter's box vs a pitcher, it's basketball where if the chemistry isn't there, the wins won't be either.

I dont see how it could become an absolute failure. Their two stars share the ball. These guys have played together before and did just fine.

Reyes6
07-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Absolute Failure=Anything less than a Championship with this team

... at least in the eyes of most NBA fans/analysts.

ManRam
07-15-2010, 01:48 PM

Exactly my point. I don't get why it's WRONG to say they are the favorites. The senseless bashing for anyone picking the Heat as the #1 team is just that- senseless. No one knows for certain anything. We're all just predicting, so it makes me laugh when people get so upset over things as trivial as this.

I personally think the Lakers are still the team to beat, but almost by default. I do think the Heat are the better team pound for pound.

Diggy_2
07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I dont think the Heat should be annoited anything, they have to come in and prove thermselves. That i agree with 100%

Your argument is dumb though, three top players, two of which we ALL know can dominate a game, on the same team.

Reagrdless, they must earn their perch on the top of the power rankings, Lakers champs until proven otherwise.

Your sayin it like the Lakers dont have the best scorer in the league and 1 of the best pf's also a good Center a good pg in Fisher and the Lakers have a way better bench so if the heat do make it to the finals its not gonna be easy for them to beat LA and it wont be easy for LA to beat them i think it will be a good series and God forbid that 1 of the heat big 3 dont get injured because yall dont have anyone to back them up

Reyes6
07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I agree Manram, and I am excited to see what they can do. Lakers are #1 and Heat are #2 as of right now because of respect imo. Winning two years in a row and not losing any players has to put you at #1.

But, there are 28 other teams is what I am saying... and we can't forget that every team has a chance *Insert Timberwolves joke here*

avrpatsfan
07-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Magic over Celtics? :confused:

REALLYYYYY?
07-15-2010, 02:06 PM

lol

NYMetros
07-15-2010, 02:10 PM
1. Lakers
2. Heat
3. Celtics
4. Magic
5. Thunder
6. Mavs
7. Hawks
8. Blazers
9. Bulls
10. Rockets
11. Nuggets

I've never really been a fan of this Nuggets team. They don't play defense at all and are extremely streaky. When they are hot, they are very hot. But they also go into these weird dry spells where they can't score at all at times (which is bad considering they don't play defense... ever).

Jazz are a question mark to me. Al Jefferson is a back to the basket player, not a real screen and roll or pick and pop threat which Boozer perfected with Deron Williams. I'm really interested to see how Big Al gels with that team.

plpfctn
07-15-2010, 02:17 PM
4. Orlando (Best C)

you see what you want to believe. stop being jealous of the lakers success.

C_Mund
07-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Good point. Like I said, a little bit of a homer here
But, to write off the Rockets because of a guy returning from injury, and then to say the Bucks should be better, I dunno, it just seems hypocritical.
Aside from Bogut and Yao, IMO I think its fair to say that the Rockets have a better team.

I agree. I like the Rockets a lot. The Bucks came out of nowhere though.

Ware_Spencer
07-15-2010, 02:29 PM
This was made before the Jazz signed Raja Bell. Jazz should be a little higher. And people are underestimating Al Jefferson with the Jazz.

Also people are overestimating the Thunder. They won't be as improved as everyone thinks. Just because your young doesn't mean you improve.
Also its there first year making the playoffs. So the scouting reports will be out this year. It happens all the time. They surprise everyone that first year than the wins drop off because teams are locking down on them more and showing there weaknesses. The Thunder won't escape history because they are New and Young.

xabial
07-15-2010, 02:30 PM
1. The Champs
2. Celtics
3. Heat
4 Magic
5. Jazz
6. Thunder
7. Nuggs
8. Mavs

This. The guy who wrote the power rankings is a Bulls homer.

Ware_Spencer
07-15-2010, 02:54 PM
1-Lakers
2-Heat
3-Celtics
4-Magic
5-Jazz
6-Mavericks
7-Bulls
8-Nuggets
9-Blazers
10-Thunder
11-Hawks
12-Spurs
13-Rockets
14-Bucks
15-Suns

mlisica19
07-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Your looking at the match up alllll wronnng. You must understand you cannot state simply that miami has more talent so they are simply the best.

First off what system is miami running, they havnt practiced it all yet.

Lakers can create several matchups to play against miami.

Ron artest has already proven to be a defensive force against any indiviaul player. Especially lebron. He can easily get into his head with a few aggressive fouls or steals. He can break him apart at least 3 of 7 games and that goes without saying he can simply limit Lebron james. With artest in front of lebron there won't be much easy lanes, any of you disagree simply watch the games they had last season. Artest lives for a good defensive game, he lives to shut up the talkers. Kobe has also proved to be a strong player against lebron. Studying his every move and being able to at least limit the player. Kobe can especially stop lebron outside the paint, but if james happens to break through into the paint how hard will it be when the big three towers are in your way all systematically alligned and ready for impact.

Wade will cause some trouble obviously as well, but derek fisher can defend him. Maybe not stop him but def limit wade and tire him out. The best part is that phil will def put kobe on wade, and just like james kobe will show off his great defnse and his great mind. He can def stop wade from the outside, and once again if some how he gets through you have the big 3.

Bosh is the easiest, gasol is a similar body structure so there won't be much easy pushing and shoving. It can quite possibly be even if gasol is not better. Gasol does have the triangle system on his side and the assistance from bynum and odom or artest and more.

Z can easily be manhandled by Bynum, gasol can mathc up with him.

Plus remember how great phil is, jus the last series alone.

Allen goes 3 crazy on the lakers, ever since that game he is not limited but basically shut down and then the lakers destory. I have faith in the lakers, they don't rely on pure talent they rely on bball iq and each other and they win. I do not see heat winning this year as long as the lakers and celtics are here

JordansBulls
07-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Magic over Celtics? :confused:

Yes they will have a better record than them this season.

Baller1
07-15-2010, 03:36 PM

:laugh2:

All four of those teams are better than the Bulls.

Baller1
07-15-2010, 03:38 PM
This was made before the Jazz signed Raja Bell. Jazz should be a little higher. And people are underestimating Al Jefferson with the Jazz.

Also people are overestimating the Thunder. They won't be as improved as everyone thinks. Just because your young doesn't mean you improve.
Also its there first year making the playoffs. So the scouting reports will be out this year. It happens all the time. They surprise everyone that first year than the wins drop off because teams are locking down on them more and showing there weaknesses. The Thunder won't escape history because they are New and Young.

No one is overestimating the Thunder, nor underestimating. The Thunder will be a top 4 seed in the West this year, and that's just about where everyone has them ranked.

WPG_LAF_DR#1
07-15-2010, 03:39 PM
4. Orlando (Best C)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh:

_KB24_
07-15-2010, 03:52 PM
We do realize that these are just POWER RANKINGS right, not which team is better than which team....It's who is in the best position going into the NBA>

lakersfan211
07-15-2010, 03:58 PM

LMAO at these heat fans , feel they won the title already , what a bunch of homers .

What?
07-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Pistons to low, Spurs to high Trailblazers are way to high, thunder might be a little high.

How many times have the Cs been written off as to old. Until a team other then the Lakers beat them in the playoffs there still #2 followed by Miami or Orlando followed by Thunder or Bulls. followed by Mavs or Nuggets

What?
07-15-2010, 06:44 PM

All four of those teams are better than the Bulls.

I would say only Miami is clearly better the other three or very debatable

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM
No 1 stupidest and idiotic poster on this thread...LOL

What?
07-15-2010, 06:52 PM
This. The guy who wrote the power rankings is a Bulls homer.

Why the Bulls fixed every single one of there weakness and Rose will only get better they added a top pf in the league and best 3pt shooter in the league. both were big problems and might be adding JJ redick who is a very good 3pt shooter.

Mavs are debatable I guess but Jazz just got worse maybe not alot worse but worse. but after them what team would you put ahead of them Spurs??? Houston Yao is a huge ?. Hawks? Bucks only added Corey Maggete who will hurt them on defense as much as he will help them on offense. The Bulls are a top 10 team

Tony_Starks
07-15-2010, 06:57 PM
I thought we lived in a magical fairyland where teams that haven't proved anything are allowed to be ranked on top of teams that have been champions year in and year out.

:eyebrow:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

EL HEAT
07-15-2010, 07:19 PM
LMAO at these heat fans , feel they won the title already , what a bunch of homers .

Heat Fans? Its one guy saying that.

JordansBulls
07-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I would say only Miami is clearly better the other three or very debatable

Agreed

ldc62
07-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Could you make the raptors lower?

drobe86
07-17-2010, 08:09 PM
The Thunder, Bulls, and Blazers are better than the Mavs? Pure blasphemy. The Bulls are finishing 7th and 8th in the EAST. The thunder had a good season but how can you put a 3 man team with no bench that high? The blazers are the most overrated team in the league year in and year out. Roy and Oden are ALWAYS hurt? Aldridge is solid but everyone else is just a guy.

RCarlson85
07-17-2010, 09:07 PM
here's a REAL fact--Wade and Princess Lebronze couldn't win a gold medal in international competition until Kobe joined team usa. kobe wouldn't lose to greece, or puerto rico or mexico or pandora. that ***** don't happen under kobe's watch.

....there i said it.

I'm not going to say Kobe wasn't an important part of the team, because he was. However, Wade was the best player for team USA, even though he came off the bench.

RCarlson85
07-17-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm a huge Heat fan, but I still don't think the Heat should be above the Lakers. Do I think the Heat have a good chance to win the championship? Yes, but they don't deserve to be above the Lakers at this point.

D Roses Bulls
07-17-2010, 09:33 PM
I think they're fair. I think Portland might be a bit high, but honestly I don't know who I'd move ahead of them.

agreed, portland IMO is overrated

D Roses Bulls
07-17-2010, 09:39 PM
and i know people are gonna grip about the nets, but come on, your going off potential. just like people did with the blazers for the last couple of years. yea the blazers made the playoffs but yet to crack the western conference finals yet.

Baller1
07-17-2010, 10:23 PM
The Thunder, Bulls, and Blazers are better than the Mavs? Pure blasphemy. The Bulls are finishing 7th and 8th in the EAST. The thunder had a good season but how can you put a 3 man team with no bench that high? The blazers are the most overrated team in the league year in and year out. Roy and Oden are ALWAYS hurt? Aldridge is solid but everyone else is just a guy.

The Thunder a 3-man team? So you've never heard of Sefalosha, one of the best perimeter defenders in the game? Harden, former Pac-10 player of the year and three point specialist? Ibaka, the athletic freak with extreme heart?

The Bulls actually have players around Rose who can score and sky's the limit for them if they can get everyone to play some defense.

The Blazers the most overrated team in the league?! Oh the irony. The Blazers managed to make the playoffs without their star player, their stud center, and their other defense monster down low.

Now, the Mavs? We're still talking about the Mavs who were embarrased by the Spurs in the playoffs last year right? The Mavs who year in and year out dissapoint? The Mavs who choke in the playoffs every year (with the exception of their Finals run)? The Mavs who had everyone riding their dick because they went on a nice win-streak once they traded for Butler and Haywood? The Mavs who still have done nothing to make anyone fear them? The Mavs, not the Blazers, are the most overrated team in the league.

Have fun winning another 55 games in the regular season for nothing again.

SugeKnight
07-17-2010, 10:32 PM
4. Orlando (Best C)

3rd official facepalm and i hate the lakers :facepalm:

evadatam5150
07-17-2010, 10:33 PM

How does one put out a power ranking when not one single game has been played.. A lot can happen between now and October and November... :confused:

evadatam5150
07-17-2010, 10:56 PM

No one has to pretend unless their petulant little haters with no sense of reality.. The Lakers are better than the Heat.. The Lakers are the reigning Champions, not past tense, not a mistake, not by fault, and not because someone handed them the title.. The Lakers earned the title and if you can't admit that then there's absolutely no helping you.. The Lakers have one of the best player and most intense competitors on their team (Kobe), one of the best PF in the game who's game continues to mature season after season (Pau) one of the best up and coming centers in the league in Bynum and one of the best lock down defenders in the game, just ask Durant... Argue with what they accomplished on the floor last season and with any of the above points all you want but the one clear and undeniable facts about the Lakers is that they are the CHAMPIONS and you cannot deny that..

The Lakers are the best team in the league right now.. Until Miami or any other teams in the league take them down they will continue to be the best team.. Honestly, you're one of the worst kind of fans in this place.. Your mediocre team finally wins the lottery and becomes a formidable foe to any team in the league and you simply cannot help yourself and begin to make claims that you can in no way substantiate.. And you can't substantiate anything at this point because you haven't seen the full nature of your team play together, ever.. Obviously Miami has gotten a ton better, they have made some great signings this off season, but none of us know's how they're going to gel or play together.. They are an unknown quantity at this point.. The Lakers are not..

Do us all a favor and stop writing idiotic posts and start using your brain.. We get it already, you HATE the Lakers.. So do a lot of posters in here but a majority of them admit they hate the Lakers and can still write a reasonable post with useful information based on facts and not what if's..

evadatam5150
07-17-2010, 11:01 PM
I like how we have to pretend that the Lakers have not won any championships with their current squad. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

The heat haven't won / played a single game yet, and as much as I don't like / support the Lakers, they DESERVE to be # 1 since they are back to back champs. C'mon, stop being a homer.

Perfect example of a poster who admits he hates the Lakers (nothing wrong with that) but has the common sense to understand that making an idiotic claim like *no team can defend Bron and Wade* is just idiotic when you consider that no one has even played this team yet..

I hate the Celtics with a freakin passion but I can tell you I hate them because I respect how iffin good they are.. I don't try to take that away from them because I'm such a homer I can't think straight..

evadatam5150
07-17-2010, 11:30 PM

God I swore I was done correcting you but you are such a whack job I can't help myself Homer Bob..

fantasy match-ups made up in your head again.

How do you say this with a straight face when every claim you make concerning who the best team is and who Cannot guard your team is based on fantasy since YOUR team hasn't played one single game together as a collective unit..?? That's just brilliant mate... Congrats to you for contradicting yourself so blatantly after jumping on another poster for doing the very same thing..

Basketball don't work that way, if it does Boston would have beat L.A.

Nice.. It's, *Basketball Doesn't work that way, if it Did Boston would have beaten LA in last seasons Finals.*

Again, you should stick to making asinine statement about your teams fantasy chances next season instead of correcting other poster when you yourself cannot put a sentence together correctly..

Only one thing matter when they face each-other on the court, Miami will have the best 2 players on the floor.

Absolutely debatable..!!! But you are certainly entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong you might be.. One thing I can say for sure, you are absolutely short changing the heart and skill of Boston and the shear athleticism of Orlando every time you open your pie hole and make one of your patented ridiculous statements..

Top Ho Homer Bob...

Hawkeye15
07-18-2010, 01:43 AM
this should probably come out in a couple of months.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-18-2010, 03:54 AM
the #1 spot is about right. everything else i could care less about.

Evolution23
07-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Silly heat fans, the Lakers are still the best team in the League.

More balanced, better chemistry, better bench, more experienced.

How can you say the Heat are a better team when they havent played 1 game together yet?

SouljahPhil...
07-18-2010, 05:30 AM
EVADATAM d man...

Pawned that idiot..lol

Crackadalic
07-18-2010, 06:01 AM
This list is crap I'll follow the nba power rankings when they come out

Mr Lakeshow
08-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Let miami play and bet someone good before u hope on the bandwagon.

DenButsu
08-04-2010, 08:54 PM
4 of the top 10 in the Northwest division.

dodgerlakertown
08-04-2010, 09:11 PM

key words smart guy......"as of yet" what have the Heat done "as of yet" god you Miami fans (and the newest bandwagon ones that followed from Cleveland) are too funny. Last time I checked smaller, skinnier teams didn't win championships. Big Z is your center? LOL!!!!!! Haslem and Bosh aren't big bangers to say the least.

The Celtics in my mind are #2 and the Thunder are no joke they should be #4

dodgerlakertown
08-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Silly heat fans, the Lakers are still the best team in the League.

More balanced, better chemistry, better bench, more experienced.

How can you say the Heat are a better team when they havent played 1 game together yet?

Because they're Miami fans! not much of them (real ones) peeps there are partying, tanning etc.....The ones that are popping up now are the same goons rocking the Lebron Cavs jersey (like in the bar video on decision day) that all of a sudden are now Heat fans. Mostly kids (NBA 2K ballers) Celtics are bigger,stronger, longer and will man handle those divas down in South Beach. Can you say paper champs?

BlazingJ
08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
No joke, the Thunder are getting way over hyped, they're like the blazers last year, and the hornets the year before. They still won't beat LA Portland or Houston. those teams are just too big for them.

GeekInThePink
08-04-2010, 09:41 PM

This....

Is why everyone thinks Heat fans are retarted.

Bucsfan
08-04-2010, 09:45 PM
i would swap denver with utah...and the thunder are a tad high

fadedmario
08-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm gonna LMAO when Detroit makes the playoffs next year. Our team was tops in injuries last year. Were going to be better than most people on here think. Playoff spots 7 and 8 our wide open in the east.

Lord Leoshes
08-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I like to mate

What all 33 shep get skittish? :p

Red Hot Rolllin
08-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Portland is going to surprise this year 6 is about right. Power is a shifting to the EAST, especially if Paul and Anthony do a 3some with Amare in NY next year, the West is wide open after the Lakers.

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 11:13 PM
The Lakers are to low, should be higher, IMO.

This

mikealike305
08-04-2010, 11:15 PM
i like this list

Chacarron
08-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Very solid.

boriquaabe
08-05-2010, 12:25 AM
It's time for us to move on from the denial stage and just admit right now as it stands with all things considered equal and free from injury Miami is the team to beat. Just face it already. Teams play five players at a time and when you have LBJ and Wade on the same squad along with a top 5 PF that is just too much too handle in the great game of basketball. And I am a Knikcs fan so it took some time to come to terms with this.

boriquaabe
08-05-2010, 12:27 AM
In a seven game series there will be no place for Kobe to hide and take a breather on the defensive side of the ball. He can't handle guarding James and Wade is going to wear him out and it will effect his offensive output.

boriquaabe
08-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Also Wade , James and Bosh can all log heavy, heavy minutes so a bench won't really come into play with Miami in the first couple of years.

boriquaabe
08-05-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm gonna LMAO when Detroit makes the playoffs next year. Our team was tops in injuries last year. Were going to be better than most people on here think. Playoff spots 7 and 8 our wide open in the east.

I actually would go a little further than that I would say the only teams that are a lock for the playoffs are the Celtics, Magic, Heat and Bulls. The rest of the teams contending for a playoff spot are one injury away from missing out.

SouthSideRookie
08-05-2010, 12:38 AM

I agree, they were an eight seed and to be honest if the Rockets wouldnt of had injuries the Thunder would not have made the playoffs, I guess people are getting caught up with the fact that they took the Lakers to six games but hell, the Rockets minus Yao for most of the series took the Lakers to seven games 2 seasons ago. I just dont see how you can suddenly put an eight seed to a top team in the West, its intresting to see that the Thunder were 2-6 vs San Antonio and Portland last year, 6th and 7th seeds, hmm.

Heater4life
08-05-2010, 12:50 AM
1) La
2) Miami

Perfect. Lets go out and prove ourselves.