PDA

View Full Version : Are we done shopping?

Mave1002
07-15-2010, 04:56 AM
Now that Miller, Bell, Korver, and Travis Outlaw gone, are you still hoping that the Lakers would still sign a couple of guys from free-agency?

Or

stay intact, and just resign Shannon Brown and our draft picks (Ebanks & Caracter)

Who knows? Maybe Bell going to UTAH could be a blessing in disguise paving way for Devin Ebanks to showcase whatever he has in his arsenal.

AB17
Pau
RonRon
Kobe
Fish

LO
Luke
Sasha
Brown
Blake

Caracter
EBanks
??????

IMO, we could take a look at these players

MLE Remainder is somewhere close to $1.7M

TMac (VET MIN, hopefully)

Barnes ($1,600,000)

R.Butler ($3,945,000)

Craig Smith ($2,300,000)

L. Scola ($3,284,667)

K.Brown ($4,000,000)

K Thomas ($3,800,000)

or if we can somehow snag Rudy Fernandez ($1,165,320) from Portland through an S&T

:confused:

Purple&Gold24
07-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Well i think since the raja bell thing didn't workout we should just sign our two rookies who I think can be future role players if not more. And Shannon but Im looking at your fa list the only one that stands out to me is Matt barnes just his defense though. But were good with what we have now. If some goes wrong them I'm sure we can make a trade before the deadline which I doubt will happen cause we'll be fine

tribalpinoy
07-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Dude Scola!!! Facker works hard! I'll take Kwame for a $1.

Kobe>LBJ
07-15-2010, 05:26 AM
I dont understand why people dont want Shaq back. He's an upgrade from DJ and would probably cost less because you know he wants to end his carrer in LA. 2yrs vet min max

Kobe>LBJ
07-15-2010, 05:29 AM
T Mac would be nice.

Raven19
07-15-2010, 06:51 AM
Damn.. We practically did nothing for our wing.. Hopefully Ebanks becomes a good spark of the bench

mamba24
07-15-2010, 08:31 AM
what about eddie house??? dude can shoot the lights out... im not sure about his defense... i know he is ok... better than sasha lol... he wouldnt be bad at all in the triangle

mamba24
07-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Well i think since the raja bell thing didn't workout we should just sign our two rookies who I think can be future role players if not more. And Shannon but Im looking at your fa list the only one that stands out to me is Matt barnes just his defense though. But were good with what we have now. If some goes wrong them I'm sure we can make a trade before the deadline which I doubt will happen cause we'll be fine

AMEN!!!! i want matt barnes here bad... have him and ron ron to check letraitor. it would be perfect...

maskedlakerfan
07-15-2010, 09:02 AM
I think either joe Smith or Brad Miller would be an excellent backup center at a lower price

LifeLongLaker
07-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Now that Miller, Bell, Korver, and Travis Outlaw gone, are you still hoping that the Lakers would still sign a couple of guys from free-agency?

Or

stay intact, and just resign Shannon Brown and our draft picks (Ebanks & Caracter)

Who knows? Maybe Bell going to UTAH could be a blessing in disguise paving way for Devin Ebanks to showcase whatever he has in his arsenal.

AB17
Pau
RonRon
Kobe
Fish

LO
Luke
Sasha
Brown
Blake

Caracter
EBanks
??????

Barnes ($1,600,000)

R.Butler ($3,945,000)

Craig Smith ($2,300,000)

L. Scola ($3,284,667)

K.Brown ($4,000,000)

K Thomas ($3,800,000)

or if we can somehow snag Rudy Fernandez ($1,165,320) from Portland through an S&T

:confused:

No. We have to secure another BIG.

What's interesting is you hear in the PRESS of all these players knocking down Miami's door -- how come the 2 time defending champs aren't attracting players for rings -- no respect or just under reporting.......

DC Laker
07-15-2010, 09:42 AM
The numbers are tight...

Blake - Fisher
Kobe - Sasha
Artest - Walton
Gasol - Odom
Bynum -

That leaves 3 open spots with an obvious need for one more BIG, one more wing, and one more guard... (I really think one of those guys HAS to be able to shoot the 3)

So if the Lakers sign the 2 draft picks and Brown they are done...

The question is, can they get someone BETTER then Brown, Caracter, or Ebanks... don't count out DJ Strawberry either...

Vinylman
07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I dont understand why people dont want Shaq back. He's an upgrade from DJ and would probably cost less because you know he wants to end his carrer in LA. 2yrs vet min max

no way shaq is playing for the vets minimum... he is hoping for a S&T to Atlanta so he can get more than the mle...

Vinylman
07-15-2010, 10:06 AM
The numbers are tight...

Blake - Fisher
Kobe - Sasha
Artest - Walton
Gasol - Odom
Bynum -

That leaves 3 open spots with an obvious need for one more BIG, one more wing, and one more guard... (I really think one of those guys HAS to be able to shoot the 3)

So if the Lakers sign the 2 draft picks and Brown they are done...

The question is, can they get someone BETTER then Brown, Caracter, or Ebanks... don't count out DJ Strawberry either...

so we are going to be 3 under the maximum roster spots and two will be rookies? NOT A CHANCE!

Burleson81
07-15-2010, 10:08 AM
no way shaq is playing for the vets minimum... he is hoping for a S&T to Atlanta so he can get more than the mle...

Nah, he's still trying to 'win a ring for the king.' :D

albertc86
07-15-2010, 10:16 AM
What happened to Barnes? Weren't the Lakers interested in him? He's the next best pick-up, in my opinion. An athletic defender and a decent shooter.

xbrackattackx
07-15-2010, 10:33 AM
what about eddie house??? dude can shoot the lights out... im not sure about his defense... i know he is ok... better than sasha lol... he wouldnt be bad at all in the triangle

Sashas a better shooter and defender.

KillaInstinct24
07-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Sashas a better shooter and defender.

eddie house actually makes shots tho, i mean they REALLY go in the basket, not just at practice

enserio
07-15-2010, 11:04 AM
aside from a chance at Kurt Thomas, were done shopping for now.

kobejordan2005
07-15-2010, 12:19 PM

Did you forget all the stuff Shaq said about KB24!! 1st he said he was the main reason the Lakers 3peat!! He said Wade was the best player he ever played with and Pat riley was the greatest coach he every played FOR. He no Kb24 is the best and Pat Riley cant sit on the same bench will Uncle Phil. Then the Kobe how my *** taste rap!!! And Last but not least Im Here To Win A Ring For The King!! I ammit Shaq is a good (not great) Player for someone else not LA! Kb24 wouldnt let Mitch sign Shaq!!! Like he said in game 7 I GOT 1 MORE RING THAN SHAQ!!!! AND YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!! I DONT FORGET NOTHING!!

kobejordan2005
07-15-2010, 12:38 PM
T Mac would be nice.

Laker nation we need T-mac!!!!

Burleson81
07-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Laker nation we need T-mac!!!!

I wonder if you are Tmac logging onto PSD? :p

Tree Rollins
07-15-2010, 03:15 PM
We should have went after Ilgauskas. He's obviously willing to play for little money if he's going to the Heat.

The Barnes thing looks like it isn't going to happen. ESPN INSIDER said today that Barnes is leaning towards either the Celtics or Heat. I hope they're wrong.

New Power House
07-15-2010, 03:17 PM
We should have went after Ilgauskas. He's obviously willing to play for little money if he's going to the Heat.

The Barnes thing looks like it isn't going to happen. ESPN INSIDER said today that Barnes is leaning towards either the Celtics or Heat. I hope they're wrong.

Why!

Tree Rollins
07-15-2010, 03:21 PM
If Barnes goes to the Heat too, I'm going to get seriously pissed. Enough is enough.

New Power House
07-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Brown is going to be sign this week according to
Click here to find out more!

-- Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears report the Lakers are near to reaching a deal with Shannon Brown.

New Power House
07-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Why on Barnes or Ilgauskas?

Barnes and Ilman are not a threat to us. Lakers are almost set by signing Brown and they are just going to get a center and perhaps a vet PF and they will go on vacation for the summer!

MickeyMgl
07-15-2010, 03:34 PM

It'll take more than the vet minimum, probably, although he's desperate enough to get out of the first round that he's Miami's to lose. He'd play a bigger role there.

L. Scola ($3,284,667)

Besides the fact that the Lakers don't have the money to afford THIS salary, he's pretty underpaid anyway. He's due for a hefty raise, and out of the Lakers' spending league.

K.Brown ($4,000,000)

Please tell me this isn't... It couldn't be, could it?... Is there a Keith Brown in the league I didn't know of? Kevin Brown? Karl Brown? Nobody would be foolish enough to consider... Kw- (I can't even utter his name.) Would they? Good Gawd! I'd pay the Lakers NOT to sign him.

K Thomas ($3,800,000)

This is a sensible choice. I just hope his price comes down to the Lakers' level.

Hehe... Good luck with that.

Tree Rollins
07-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Barnes and Ilman are not a threat to us. Lakers are almost set by signing Brown and they are just going to get a center and perhaps a vet PF and they will go on vacation for the summer!

I'm not bothered by their signings b/c i view them as threats. I just think they would both fit in well with LA.

With Bynums shaky injury history, Ilgauskas would have been a more then serviceable fill-in. We wouldn't be sacrificing any length. He's smart with the ball and a very crafty passer; one of the best passing centers in the league. And he has great range for a big man. All of this would fit well in the triangle, and he's a good compliment to the guys we have. Best of all, he's cheap.

Barnes, like a few of the other 2's/3's we've looked at this summer, is a good 3-point shooter. He's tough on both ends of the court and will battle his *** off against anyone we put him against. Even though he can be a douche sometimes.

FakeBlackMamba
07-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Matt Barnes is going to MIA just like all of the other piggy backers (lebrick)...Tmac would be a huge offensive spark off the bench. but Lakers seem to want none of him...too bad

xbrackattackx
07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
eddie house actually makes shots tho, i mean they REALLY go in the basket, not just at practice

Guess you didn't watch the playoffs? He played pesky defense and he was stroking the 3.