PDA

View Full Version : Lakers and Brown moving closer to a deal

Hunter48MVP
07-15-2010, 01:35 AM
With Raja Bell choosing to sign with the Utah Jazz, guard Shannon Brown has moved closer to re-signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday night.

Lakers general manager “Mitch [Kupchak] and I have been talking and we’re getting there on something,” said Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein.

Brown, 24, played 82 games for the Lakers, and averaged a career-high 8.1 points and 20 minutes last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ah9BV5KOj9jl4ybIkcFZJDsQmNIF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz071410

kylem4711
07-15-2010, 01:43 AM
move to laker forum

Iron24th
07-15-2010, 01:53 AM
^^ It's already on the Lakers forum.

And any thread here in the NBA Forum is about Miami Heat,so why can't we talk about another team?

tribalpinoy
07-15-2010, 02:04 AM
DAMN!!! If they sign this idiot, they should sign him for less and make sure his AZZ learns the damn triangle.

Jack Daniels
07-15-2010, 02:20 AM
move to laker forum

Really yet if Lebron sneezes there's a thread about it, or if Riley takes a dumper at the local gas station it's cool to post a thread because it deals with Miami. Where are you on those with your "move it to the team forum" Go and ......(be creative and finish that sentence)

Raps08-09 Champ
07-15-2010, 02:21 AM
Really yet if Labron sneezes there's a thread about it, or if Riley takes a dumper at the local gas station it's cool to post a thread because it deals with Miami. Where are you on those with your "move it to the team forum" Go and ......(be creative and finish that sentence)

This.

But to his defense, it isn't Heat fans making those threads. The Lebron threads are really getting annoying though.

salimstoudamire
07-15-2010, 02:34 AM
DAMN!!! If they sign this idiot, they should sign him for less and make sure his AZZ learns the damn triangle.

and win the dunk contest....:rolleyes:

tredigs
07-15-2010, 02:37 AM
This.

But to his defense, it isn't Heat fans making those threads. The Lebron threads are really getting annoying though.

Well that and, nobody cares where Shannon Brown plays. I don't see a problem with it being in the main forum, but it seems more like the kind of player you'd wait until it was finalized to put up.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Well that and, nobody cares where Shannon Brown plays. I don't see a problem with it being in the main forum, but it seems more like the kind of player you'd wait until it was finalized to put up.

Lol true that... Shannon Brown is almost less interesting to hear about than Adam Morrison's goofy ***.

stawka
07-15-2010, 02:54 AM
Why does this guy deserve his own thread for?

Nirvanaskurdt
07-15-2010, 02:59 AM
I thought this was about Kwame Brown lol :laugh:

Jack Daniels
07-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Why does this guy deserve his own thread for?

I'll answer that once you explain to me why Udonis Haslem deserved multiple threads in the the NBA forum...

tredigs
07-15-2010, 03:10 AM
I'll answer that once you explain to me why Udonis Haslem deserved multiple threads in the the NBA forum...

I'll take that one. Because Udonis Haslem is a potential starter and the most important role playing piece of the newly created "super-team". He's a consistent double double threat and makes their team immediately better by having a banger in the low post. Also, his story was interesting in that he was offered twice the money from other contenders but decided to stay put.

Now you go --

ntat
07-15-2010, 03:11 AM
^^ It's already on the Lakers forum.

And any thread here in the NBA Forum is about Miami Heat,so why can't we talk about another team?

Because who gives a **** u guys r gonna resign ur back up guard? I promise no one is interested in whether or not u guys retain ur 3rd best bench player.

ihatethepackers
07-15-2010, 03:21 AM
why does everyone hate on shannon brown so much. He showed last year that he was only improving, his shot has come a long ways, and he is a solid back up, plus he can flat out fly.

Jack Daniels
07-15-2010, 03:38 AM
I'll take that one. Because Udonis Haslem is a potential starter and the most important role playing piece of the newly created "super-team". He's a consistent double double threat and makes their team immediately better by having a banger in the low post. Also, his story was interesting in that he was offered twice the money from other contenders but decided to stay put.

Now you go --

Ok my turn, Haslem IS a career 10 and 8 guy. (Dudes 30 now, upside and potential have peaked my friend) Double Double threat maybe, game changer no. Yeah statically he's close but that is averaging his best game with his worst so consider me not impressed. Don't get me wrong I am not saying Brown is anymore impressive, but the argument was why does Haslem get multiple threads and Brown gets one and it is complained about. Also any player they add makes their team better because they don't have any where near a complete bench, but that doesn't mean the rest of want to hear about it either. Also his story isn't that interesting to the rest of us... he has been on the same team team his entire career did anyone really think he was gonna leave. Anyway, the Brown thread was 1 Laker thread for every 10 heat threat so give a bit of leniency to the rest of the league. A break from the Big 3 this and the super team that isn't gonna kill ya. Additionally on most other teams Haslem is a back-up or a backup to a back up forward. Just another case of an undersized inside guy. And the only reason he was offered the MLE and accepted less money to stay with the heat is because Cuban was trying to throw an additional FU to the heat by offering the guy waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more than he is worth.

robdizzle3
07-15-2010, 03:47 AM
Ok my turn, Haslem IS a career 10 and 8 guy. (Dudes 30 now, upside and potential have peaked my friend) Double Double threat maybe, game changer no. Yeah statically he's close but that is averaging his best game with his worst so consider me not impressed. Don't get me wrong I am not saying Brown is anymore impressive, but the argument was why does Haslem get multiple threads and Brown gets one and it is complained about. Also any player they add makes their team better because they don't have any where near a complete bench, but that doesn't mean the rest of want to hear about it either. Also his story isn't that interesting to the rest of us... he has been on the same team team his entire career did anyone really think he was gonna leave. Anyway, the Brown thread was 1 Laker thread for every 10 heat threat so give a bit of leniency to the rest of the league. A break from the Big 3 this and the super team that isn't gonna kill ya. Additionally on most other teams Haslem is a back-up or a backup to a back up forward. Just another case of an undersized inside guy. And the only reason he was offered the MLE and accepted less money to stay with the heat is because Cuban was trying to through an additional FU to the heat by offering the guy waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more than he is worth.

I have to agree with chilling out on this thread. Like you said, so many threads about Miami, but one about Brown and he starts to whine. Just chill out a bit.

Jack Daniels
07-15-2010, 03:49 AM
I have to agree with chilling out on this thread. Like you said, so many threads about Miami, but one about Brown and he starts to whine. Just chill out a bit.

Thank-you, That's all I'm asking.... the heat get 90% of the threads right now, people need to not complain when the other teams actually have some...

Dallas Tx4Life
07-15-2010, 03:53 AM
I thought this was about Kwame Brown lol :laugh:

LOL this is possibly my favorite thread of the day!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Because who gives a **** u guys r gonna resign ur back up guard? I promise no one is interested in whether or not u guys retain ur 3rd best bench player.

then don't read

974life
07-15-2010, 04:11 AM
I hope Brown gets resigned, we need The athleticism.

tredigs
07-15-2010, 04:17 AM
Thank-you, That's all I'm asking.... the heat get 90% of the threads right now, people need to not complain when the other teams actually have some...

Like I already said, I have no problem with this thread. I'm simply saying why an Udonis Haslem signing is more important to the Heat than Shannon to the Lakers. Shannon's going to be the third guy off the bench (after Lamar/Blake), and truly doesn't offer the team much of an impact beyond depth.

Haslem on the other hand (who yes is barely 30; but rarely misses a game and only has 7 years under his belt -- aka no decline) is a player that the Heat needed desperately. Most people were curious to see if he would resign as that's a low post presence that they are going to rely on heavily for his solid defense + rebounding if they want to make a push in the playoffs. He's by no means a final piece, but it was a very important pickup for them.

Shannon is a below average shooter who really doesn't offer the team much besides a little "punch" off the deep bench; I'm actually a little surprised they want to resign him. Though he does add athleticism to an aging, sometimes injury riddled team.

Anyway again, I have no prob with the thread -- just saying most people don't care about Shannon so a "speculation" thread that he might sign just seems funny. But to each their own, isn't a big deal.

Jack Daniels
07-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Like I already said, I have no problem with this thread. I'm simply saying why an Udonis Haslem signing is more important to the Heat than Shannon to the Lakers. Shannon's going to be the third guy off the bench (after Lamar/Blake), and truly doesn't offer the team much of an impact beyond depth.

Haslem on the other hand (who yes is barely 30; but rarely misses a game and only has 7 years under his belt -- aka no decline) is a player that the Heat needed desperately. Most people were curious to see if he would resign as that's a low post presence that they are going to rely on heavily for his solid defense + rebounding if they want to make a push in the playoffs. He's by no means a final piece, but it was a very important pickup for them.

Shannon is a below average shooter who really doesn't offer the team much besides a little "punch" off the deep bench; I'm actually a little surprised they want to resign him. Though he does add athleticism to an aging, sometimes injury riddled team.

Anyway again, I have no prob with the thread -- just saying most people don't care about Shannon so a "speculation" thread that he might sign just seems funny. But to each their own, isn't a big deal.
I guess we will have to chose to disagree on some parts and agree on others.

julienbball
07-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Damn you guys are pissed off about ONE thread concerning Shannon Brown... who btw is an important piece for the lakers right now, knowing that Mike Miller and Raja Bell refused to sign for L.A, i don't really see anybody else who could shine coming off the bench and playing some quality defense and stretch the floor with his outside shot

Statik1
07-15-2010, 10:45 AM
:catfight:

oak2455
07-15-2010, 10:57 AM
At Least this isnt another LBJ thread or Heat Thread too many front runners just talking about nothing:confused: The season starts when:confused:

Da Knicks
07-15-2010, 11:08 AM
move to laker forum

x2

nickdymez
07-15-2010, 11:28 AM

Now you go --

:facepalm:

Gibby23
07-15-2010, 11:28 AM

How is a person barely 30? Once a person hits there 30th birthday, they have lived a full 30 years, and a day after the 30th birthday, they start their 31st year.

jayball41
07-15-2010, 11:30 AM
If people are going to make posts about the Heat signing Ilgaulskis and JUWAN HOWARD then why not about Shannon Brown who would be the 5th best player on the Heat if he joined there right now.

Gibby23
07-15-2010, 11:39 AM
There is a thread called:

Udoh out 6 months for the his wrist injury!!!

This thread > Udoh out 6 months for the his wrist injury!!!

Tony_Starks
07-15-2010, 11:51 AM
If the thread had been titled "Shannon Brown close to re-signing, AND he hates Lebron Too!" then it would've been perfectly ok....

kobebabe
07-15-2010, 11:54 AM
then don't read

thank u......

Lakersho
07-15-2010, 11:56 AM

...the funny part is ,shannon would be a starter on the heat, he's better than chalmers the t.o. machine . and to the thread , brown on the the lakers is a good pickup if had for cheap, his punch off the bench can get the crowd fired up which is important. and its good to not have a debate for once on the " big z affect "
or some horseshit ...

kobebabe
07-15-2010, 11:57 AM
If the thread had been titled "Shannon Brown close to re-signing, AND he hates Lebron Too!" then it would've been perfectly ok....

:laugh2:

mikantsass
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Good move for the Lakers... He was good for them in the Reg season last year

jayball41
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM

I would hardly call .3 blocks a game solid defense....

O just for kicks, Shannon Brown averaged .4 blocks a game in 11 less minutes a game than Haslem did last year...

Nirvanaskurdt
07-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Move this thread to the Heat Forum.. thanks :)

JK lol :p

Kobe5RingKing
07-15-2010, 07:38 PM
I dont like Brown....BAD MOVE.....besides dunking he can't hit a 3....he also gets lost playing Defense within the Triangle:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Gibby23
07-15-2010, 07:45 PM
I dont like Brown....BAD MOVE.....besides dunking he can't hit a 3....he also gets lost playing Defense within the Triangle:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Lakers don't play the Tri on defense, you can'tplay a Triangle defense.lol..