PDA

View Full Version : Will Lebron James Become a Billionaire

ChiSox219
07-15-2010, 01:06 AM
vote

AntiG
07-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Yes. Unlike Michael Jordan, he isn't a compulsive gambler and sex fiend (which led to money problems/gambling debts, his father getting killed due to them, and a monster divorce settlement due to his constant cheating)... unlike Tiger Woods, not a sex fiend (leading to a huge divorce settlement)... and he's close friends with Warren Buffett.

29$JerZ
07-15-2010, 01:12 AM
No, he blew the chance.

nickdymez
07-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Yes. Unlike Michael Jordan, he isn't a compulsive gambler and sex fiend (which led to money problems/gambling debts, his father getting killed due to them, and a monster divorce settlement due to his constant cheating)... unlike Tiger Woods, not a sex fiend (leading to a huge divorce settlement)... and he's close friends with Warren Buffett.

Tiger is a billionaire

Dallas Tx4Life
07-15-2010, 01:13 AM
He's gotta be on an AWESOME pace... How much money does Mike have?

AntiG
07-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Tiger is a billionaire

No, he's not. He has made over a billion dollars in his career, but in terms of net worth he's at around $600-800 million pre-divorce.

AntiG
07-15-2010, 01:21 AM
He's gotta be on an AWESOME pace... How much money does Mike have?

Jordan is worth between $450-550 million, so after Woods settles his divorce case, they'll be about even.

_KB24_
07-15-2010, 01:23 AM
No. He blew his chance and never really had plausible one.

jackdawson
07-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Yes. When it's all said and done he will be a billionaire.

LTBaByyy
07-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Tiger is a billionaire

No he's not? He's worth 600 million!! And his wife wants 750 million

Lebron will not be a billionaire haha he wouldve if he went to NY or New Jersey

jetsforever
07-15-2010, 01:38 AM
Yes.

billyocean15
07-15-2010, 01:42 AM
Yes, especially if he wins 6+ championships

Ezekial
07-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Yes, especially if he wins 6+ championships

lol He won't though.

knickfan4life
07-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Mike had EVERY endorsement possible, PLUS his shoes make him more in the first 5 yrs than lebron will ever make from his shoes lol, so no, lebron wont b a billionaire

Mattb7
07-15-2010, 01:52 AM
No Lebron wont be a billionaire. If he went to New York or back to the Cavs he would have gotten way more endorsements and more money on his contract.

AntiG
07-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Mike had EVERY endorsement possible, PLUS his shoes make him more in the first 5 yrs than lebron will ever make from his shoes lol, so no, lebron wont b a billionaire

Mike made enough money to become a billionaire almost twice over, but he gambled so much of it away that he's only worth half a billion and got his father killed.

Lebron, unlike Mike, figured out before he even entered into the NBA that he has to manage his money and is willing to be a publicity whore to make as much as he can. He's also not stupid with money (gambling) and invests with Warren Buffett. He'll get there barring some sort of catastrophe.

THE MTL
07-15-2010, 02:01 AM

Ummm....Lebron had a 90 million dollar deal with Nike. Money wasnt that great back then for Jordan, And his deal just ended. Lebron could easily resign his contract and probi make another 100 million b4 the end of his career. He would make close to 200 million from sneakers alone.

But a billionaire athlete is VERY HARD to do. A big reason why Tiger Woods has billionaire potential because the longevity of a golfer's career.

I think currently adding all the endrosements/contracts...he has made between 200-250 million but it took 7 years. He has another 10-12 years in the league maybe another 400 million? IONO???

D1JM
07-15-2010, 02:12 AM
Ummm....Lebron had a 90 million dollar deal with Nike. Money wasnt that great back then for Jordan, And his deal just ended. Lebron could easily resign his contract and probi make another 100 million b4 the end of his career. He would make close to 200 million from sneakers alone.

But a billionaire athlete is VERY HARD to do. A big reason why Tiger Woods has billionaire potential because the longevity of a golfer's career.

I think currently adding all the endrosements/contracts...he has made between 200-250 million but it took 7 years. He has another 10-12 years in the league maybe another 400 million? IONO???

well if you took inflation and all that crap into 2010, jordan would of been a billion by now. You got to understand back then, jordan was getting payed about 15% of what lebron is getting payed this year in miami

tredigs
07-15-2010, 02:16 AM
From endorsements and paychecks alone (given his lavish lifestyle), maybe not - that's dependent on staying injury free and maintaining a positive public image (which right now is shaky in some circles, but not nearly enough to lose any endorsements).

But via investments? Yeah, it's definitely attainable if that's his goal.

You know how the old adage goes, the first $250 million is the toughest.

salimstoudamire
07-15-2010, 02:27 AM
well if you took inflation and all that crap into 2010, jordan would of been a billion by now. You got to understand back then, jordan was getting payed about 15% of what lebron is getting payed this year in miami

Yes and no. Up until the 95-96 season, Jordan only made a max of 4 million per season. Then during the 96-97 he made 30 million and 97-98 he made 33 million. So he was making about 15% for most of his career, and then went to about double what Lebron is going to make on his deal.

D1JM
07-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Yes and no. Up until the 95-96 season, Jordan only made a max of 4 million per season. Then during the 96-97 he made 30 million and 97-98 he made 33 million. So he was making about 15% for most of his career, and then went to about double what Lebron is going to make on his deal.

i was excluding the last two years of his contract though. I didnt state it and thats my fault. However, that shows that the bulls owner wasnt cheap. He payed him that much because he stated it was backpay to jordan. However, Lebron is smart, but i think he needs better advisers. He might be friends with WB but that doesnt ensure him becoming a billionaire. He probably choose the worst market out there plus, he turned to one of the most loved, to one of the most hated. I cant really say what to expect out it. We will have to wait a couple of years to analyse this

D Roses Bulls
07-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Jordan is worth between $450-550 million, so after Woods settles his divorce case, they'll be about even.

jordan only worth that cause hegave half his fortune away to his ex or jordan even if tiger didnt pay his ex jordan would still be the richest

Penetra8r
07-15-2010, 02:55 AM
^ Lots of diamonds in the Stock Market and lots follow Warren B...

I'm sure Lebron has great investment personnel on his team, I'm sure he will surpass the 1 billion dollar mark

D1JM
07-15-2010, 03:07 AM
haha at you thinking Warren Buffet give a rats *** about an nba basketball playerhahaha
:facepalm:

and the answer is no.
its obvious being 2nd fiddle on a team hes not going to do this i think people are just making these stupid threads now since its boring without nba

warren buffet is actually a friend of lebron and knows maverick carter too. Warren buffet actually respects lebron. What hurts lebron is having too many people whisper into his ear. However, being friend with a billionaire doesnt give you a billion.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-15-2010, 03:09 AM
I still wish 37% of people voting on my chance to become a billionaire would say yes... LOL... Come on though, y'all, he'll get there. I've seen LeBron chewing gum, batteries, everything..

D1JM
07-15-2010, 03:17 AM
I still wish 37% of people voting on my chance to become a billionaire would say yes... LOL... Come on though, y'all, he'll get there. I've seen LeBron chewing gum, batteries, everything..

he probably will. I mean he is only 25. But saying he is the first billionaire athlete is worth for a debate. For example, you put the movie gone with the wind from the 1930's without inflation and it netted about 200 million. You adjust it to inflation and it netted about 1.7 billion. You cant really compare two different generations from each other without considering inflation.

SP@Z.
07-15-2010, 03:24 AM
No, even Jordan and Tiger Woods aren't billionaires and Lebron wasn't even top 5 in last years fiscal earnings. Even David Beckham earned more and he doesn't even do anything. And to be considered a billionaire, if after taxes, bills, etc and you still have a billion dollars in your bank account, then you're a billionaire. That's not easy to do. It's not how much you earned through out your career.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-15-2010, 03:30 AM
No, even Jordan and Tiger Woods aren't billionaires and Lebron wasn't even top 5 in last years fiscal earnings. Even David Beckham earned more and he doesn't even do anything. And to be considered a billionaire, if after taxes, bills, etc and you still have a billion dollars in your bank account, then you're a billionaire. That's not easy to do. It's not how much you earned through out your career.

Soccer players are a different world within themselves, especially David Beckham. That clown makes more money jacking off than we do at work in a year. LeBron still has a chance to rake in that kind of dough.

BkOriginalOne
07-15-2010, 03:46 AM
He could have in NY, but not in Miami.
Playing alongisde Bosh and Wade will take away from his iconic status and therefore weaken his brand.

Do you think the Jordan brand would be as successful if MJ played with Magic and Bird?

D1JM
07-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Playing alongisde Bosh and Wade will take away from his iconic status and therefore weaken his brand.

Do you think the Jordan brand would be as successful if MJ played with Magic and Bird?

maybe LBJ true intentnion is to win tittles and not money. If that was really the case than we cant really judge him. We got to respect his decision and respect the heat for pulling it off, even if they knew it from before hand

J-Relo
07-15-2010, 04:59 AM
how much he has now??

s2kobe
07-15-2010, 05:29 AM
no never

Jaji
07-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Just another chance for the haters to come out :pity:.

LeBron will definitely be a billionaire. Stop being so jealous people. It's relly making you look ridiculous.

prodigy
07-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Unless he does something huge off the court, no he will not become a billionaire. having to share endorsements and the spotlight with 2 other guys will hamper that.

its really hard to become a billionaire playing sports alone. Kobe has 5 Ships and he's not one. Really no chance of lebron becoming one now.

xbrackattackx
07-15-2010, 09:11 AM

Mike made enough money to become a billionaire almost twice over, but he gambled so much of it away that he's only worth half a billion and got his father killed.

Lebron, unlike Mike, figured out before he even entered into the NBA that he has to manage his money and is willing to be a publicity whore to make as much as he can. He's also not stupid with money (gambling) and invests with Warren Buffett. He'll get there barring some sort of catastrophe.

Those are speculations, about his father.

AntiG
07-15-2010, 09:15 AM
No, even Jordan and Tiger Woods aren't billionaires
They're not billionaires because of not being smart with their personal lives (gambling, cheating leading to divorce). Lebron will get there in due time...

Jaji
07-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Unless he does something huge off the court, no he will not become a billionaire. having to share endorsements and the spotlight with 2 other guys will hamper that.

its really hard to become a billionaire playing sports alone. Kobe has 5 Ships and he's not one. Really no chance of lebron becoming one now.

Share endorsements? So Wade and Bosh are getting some of LeBron's sneaker money now? :confused:

JonnyBrav000
07-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Of course Lebron won't be a billionaire. Are you nuts??? Do you know how much money 1 billion is? If Lebron screws up off the court just once, he blows his shot 100%. Not to mention if he doesn't win at least 3 or 4 titles (if not more, maybe at least 5 or 6) and has to be the finals MVP at least 3 times as well, no way will he even be in consideration of this. I honestly don't think Lebron will be capable of winning more than 2 finals MVP playing alongside Wade who is the team's captain and will be the number 1 scoring option.

If Jordan didn't do it, no way Lebron can. Come on Jordan went 6 for 6 in the finals and won MVP every single time. Lebron won't even get close to that.

Da Knicks
07-15-2010, 09:34 AM
I think he will the guy is one of the most famous athletes in the world right now love him or hate him.

JonnyBrav000
07-15-2010, 09:39 AM

So you've seen Lebron chewing batteries huh???

Ray_R
07-15-2010, 09:48 AM
If he would of moved to any other team than the heat I would of said yes. He lost alot of fans/followers/supporters when he made that move. I have to be honest and say that the HEat don't have oneof the biggest fan bases or even that many die hard fans. Im notsure how muchmore endorsements hes going to get becuase alot and I mean alot of people aren''t really a big fan of him now.

JLMiles14
07-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Nope he blew that chance.

BronBron06
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Bitter much Knicks Boy?

macc
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
:facepalm: I'm not understading why this is a thread. Maybe he will maybe he won't. Who cares?

ShutDown55
07-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Tiger is a billionaire

Sorry tiger is not a billionaire, get the facts stright

bringinwood
07-15-2010, 12:37 PM
No Lebron wont be a billionaire. If he went to New York or back to the Cavs he would have gotten way more endorsements and more money on his contract.

It doesn't matter if LeBron played in Minnesota, he is still the most marketable asset in the NBA.... These rare, few athletes that have this title make the most money in endorsements regardless of which team they play for...

The only exception is if you play on a team that is an annual lottery hopeful....

Just because he didn't go to the Knicks or Cavs and play for a worse team doesn't mean he loses substantial endorsement money.... It means he will make more...

If anything, I think he will make more sheerly because of the potential talent on that roster and the constant exposure that will come as a result...

Team*Chicago
07-15-2010, 02:20 PM
No, Miami is not a big city it's a small city. The Miami Heat can't even pack the stadium and you think LeBron will become a billionaire. If he would have came to Chicago he would have a nice chance of becoming billionaire better than going to New York. Now he'll have to share the spotlite with Wade and Bosh that would take a major dip of not becoming a billionaire.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-15-2010, 02:27 PM
no he blew it

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Who gives a ****? I hope even if he does become that wealthy he will never be happy.

nycsports2
07-15-2010, 02:36 PM
if he went to ny prolly woulda happened but nope he blew that

nycsports2
07-15-2010, 02:37 PM
No, Miami is not a big city it's a small city. The Miami Heat can't even pack the stadium and you think LeBron will become a billionaire. If he would have came to Chicago he would have a nice chance of becoming billionaire better than going to New York. Now he'll have to share the spotlite with Wade and Bosh that would take a major dip of not becoming a billionaire.

you dont believe he woulda had a better chance in chi then ny... chi is a small city compared to ny.. miami is a town or village compared to either

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Look up Joe Marsh and LeBron James. Joe is a family friend of my grandparent's, he helped LeBron out financially in LeBron's Senior year of High School in return that James would do a documentary once he got to the NBA. LeBron signs the contract, takes the money and never honors his commitment to Marsh, so Marsh sues LeBron for $15 Million in Ohio and the judge told LeBron that since he was in his own home town he was gonna get off easy because they didn't wanna ruin his image, but that if he was anywhere else but in a place that loved him as much as Akron he would have been in so much trouble. LeBron and his people kept it very hush hush because they obviously didn't want anyone to know what a greedy, untrustworthy snake LeBron was.

Da Knicks
07-15-2010, 02:43 PM

It didnt hurt him playing with Pippen and Rodman.:D

EYDI819
07-15-2010, 02:46 PM
probably because he will sell out all his jerseys... people will buy it then burn it... especially in cleveland

LeGod James
07-15-2010, 02:47 PM
The King gets talked about more than every team in the NBA combined. He decides to make a decision on tv, and it gets higher ratings than the finals. The King's left foot is worth a billion already. You guys need to get over the fact he didn't join your pathetic team. God chose the King to be the greatest ever, now deal with it & bow down to the greatest.

t_money25
07-15-2010, 02:47 PM

Miami a small city? Are you serious? Have you ever been to Miami before? The Heat were 15th in the league in attendance last year. That's middle of the pack. When Miami signed Wade and Bosh season tickets sold out immediately. Now that LeBron has signed finding tickets is almost impossible.

IMO LeBron was gonna be close to a billionaire no matter where he signed. His following is that great. He could of even stayed in Cleveland and achieved that.

calibird707
07-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Who cares!!!!!

effen5
07-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Jordan brand is net worth over a billion dollars
Jordan net worth is about half a billion

Will LBJ brand be better then Jordan brand? Hell no especially after this offseason

jules77
07-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Capital no!

salimstoudamire
07-15-2010, 03:48 PM
i was excluding the last two years of his contract though. I didnt state it and thats my fault. However, that shows that the bulls owner wasnt cheap. He payed him that much because he stated it was backpay to jordan. However, Lebron is smart, but i think he needs better advisers. He might be friends with WB but that doesnt ensure him becoming a billionaire. He probably choose the worst market out there plus, he turned to one of the most loved, to one of the most hated. I cant really say what to expect out it. We will have to wait a couple of years to analyse this

your good bro. just nitpicking on my end.

SANDBURG23
07-15-2010, 11:52 PM

I think his mom has a sex addiction.

LA_Raiders
07-15-2010, 11:59 PM
no way, specially not being the man of the team, 2nd tiers and cowards dont become bill..

Kobe5RingKing
07-16-2010, 02:45 AM
who cares

boriquaabe
07-16-2010, 03:03 AM
For those of you that voted yes. Do you realize what a feat it was for Tiger to break the Billion dollar threshold? And no matter what LBJ does he will never reach a tenth of the popularity that Tiger reached. Tiger and Mike revolutionized their respective sports. Lebron is getting booed at the espy's. No way. No how.

OA SLAY
07-16-2010, 03:03 AM
who cares

^that

OA SLAY
07-16-2010, 03:05 AM
how often do you figure he changes his undershorts?