PDA

View Full Version : And to think Raja Bell had on a Lakers neckless at the ESPY's

timebandit
07-15-2010, 12:58 AM
LINK http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/raja-bell-kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-necklace-espys/

Wow he used the Lakers and Kobe!!!:mad:
Now he will get done in Utah Kobe won't forget!!!

Chacarron
07-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Fuhgetaboutit!

Iron24th
07-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Kobe will torch him again,he'll regret his choice.

numba1CHANGsta
07-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Damn you Raja you bipolar mofo! </3 :(

LAdiablo
07-15-2010, 02:10 AM
cmon guys he gets 10 over 3 w utah. its always about the money

anub!s
07-15-2010, 02:52 AM
meh, no big deal.

LA Faithful
07-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Exactly... no big deal.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-15-2010, 03:04 AM
If I were you guys I wouldn't trip, just like the others have said. You really think he's that much of an upgrade over S. Brown? Even after looking at bandit's sig?!?

robdizzle3
07-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Its alright. Raja doesnt scare me to guard Kobe, because no one can. He wanted the money and took out.

KillaInstinct24
07-15-2010, 03:15 AM
If I were you guys I wouldn't trip, just like the others have said. You really think he's that much of an upgrade over S. Brown? Even after looking at bandit's sig?!?

yeah he's an upgrade, but i think browns problem with consistency is that he always have to play pg and sg roles, now that blake is here, his roles will be more defined and i think he'll have a great year...if we re-sign him

Dallas Tx4Life
07-15-2010, 03:16 AM
yeah he's an upgrade, but i think browns problem with consistency is that he always have to play pg and sg roles, now that blake is here, his roles will be more defined and i think he'll have a great year...if we re-sign him

Good point.. I do love the Steve Blake signing, and you guys took care of it fast, knowing how many teams were probably going to be looking at him.

TheGsw
07-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Raja who?

MVPKOBE43
07-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Money Talks

kid24
07-15-2010, 03:55 AM
man f raja bell money hungy fool he will never be remembered

Burleson81
07-15-2010, 04:10 AM
cmon guys he gets 10 over 3 w utah. its always about the money

True that. Congratulations to Bell for his new contract. Hope to see him in a Laker uniform in a few years.

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 07:20 AM

I don't think he is THAT much of an upgrade over shannon but at the same time I do think he is THAT much of a better fit than Shannon which is how you build a championship team. By getting players that fit your system.

I guess now we have to just hope that Ebanks and Caracter pick up the triangle quickly and learn by playing with the best, and also that Shannon and Sasha learn to develop their games a little more this offseason.

USMCLaker
07-15-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm glad I don't want that sell out wearing Laker purple and gold.

Vidball
07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
He doesn't look right with the purple & gold around his neck anyway.

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm glad I don't want that sell out wearing Laker purple and gold.

I do :(

Burleson81
07-15-2010, 09:14 AM
I do :(

Yeah, me too. Didn't have the cash though.

Lakeshow86
07-15-2010, 10:33 AM
well, it looks like a ring is not very important to Raja. He wont win one in Utah thats for sure. I cant believe he did that though. He didnt even meet with Kobe. To Hell with Raja

enserio
07-15-2010, 10:45 AM
LOL @ this whole situation.

Media says, "Kobe 'courts' Bell"

Media show pic of Bell wearing a fruity *** necklace. Never mind that its my favorite sports colors, it's fruity.

Then media says, "Bell 'spurns' Lakers". As if he did us dirty somehow.

It's true that he's after the money, because after all, if you weren't in it for a quick shot at a ring, you might as well get what you're worth. IN this case, he made out like a bandit. He didn't join us, but he didn't go with the Heat or the Celts, either. I respect his decision.

static_inferno
07-15-2010, 11:18 AM
You can't really blame the guy. He probably had his sights set on coming to LA, then his agent calls him up and says, "Accept Utah's offer, they'll pay you more," and bam, things change, and money becomes a priority.

Burleson81
07-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey, can someone lock up this thread, too?

Avenged
07-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I would have done the same thing, he's really getting paid out there in Utah and we all know it isn't like he's a young player with an upside. Besides, Utah is a great team especially now with the addition of Al Jefferson.

Kobe4Life
07-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Well with that new 10 million dollars he can watch the Laker Parade next year on his new 60' 3D TV.

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 11:41 AM
I would have done the same thing, he's really getting paid out there in Utah and we all know it isn't like he's a young player with an upside. Besides, Utah is a great team especially now with the addition of Al Jefferson.

Exactly, its not like he signed for the same we were offering. He signed a contract for nearly double and its hard to fault the guy for taking that up knowing that this will probably be his last big pay day. I am definitely more pissed at the Jazz FO than anything considering they have had weeks to negotiate with him yet they haven't then as soon as he is about to have dinner and discuss potentially becoming a Laker with Kobe, they throw a completely over the top deal at him that would be extremely hard to turn down.

Thats just overall bad business by the Jazz FO and served no purpose other than to screw the Lakers off the court since they aren't nearly talented enough to do it on the court. I will definitely be looking forward to facing them come playoff time.

Cali4rnia
07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
We just need to sign a player that limits kobes minutes down to 30 or so.

LakersChamps
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
That necklace around his neck... wow nice way to make the LA fans believe that he will join us but *** goes and signs with Jazz. It's ok... it is all about money.... I am sure he enjoyed screwing with our heads by wearing that necklace... but like Kobe says... he doesn't forget... so let the season begin and we all will witness the smoke he gets from Kobe and Ron...:clap::cheers:

Raven19
07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
True that. Congratulations to Bell for his new contract. Hope to see him in a Laker uniform in a few years.

I dont, he'll be way too old that time..

dru5151
07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Now we know what was more important to him. There is no ring in rajas future.

dru5151
07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
i dont, he'll be way too old that time..

+1

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 12:57 PM

So was Fisher but that didn't stop us from giving him a 3 year contract :shrug:

Burleson81
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM

Fisher is Kobe's BFF. Bell is someone who once tried to hug Kobe's neck. :D

Dirty4
07-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Exactly, its not like he signed for the same we were offering. He signed a contract for nearly double and its hard to fault the guy for taking that up knowing that this will probably be his last big pay day. I am definitely more pissed at the Jazz FO than anything considering they have had weeks to negotiate with him yet they haven't then as soon as he is about to have dinner and discuss potentially becoming a Laker with Kobe, they throw a completely over the top deal at him that would be extremely hard to turn down.

Thats just overall bad business by the Jazz FO and served no purpose other than to screw the Lakers off the court since they aren't nearly talented enough to do it on the court. I will definitely be looking forward to facing them come playoff time.

I still can't figure why they didn't use that money to bring Brewer back. They love him there, especially Deron Williams who was really pissed that they traded him in the first place.

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 01:12 PM
I still can't figure why they didn't use that money to bring Brewer back. They love him there, especially Deron Williams who was really pissed that they traded him in the first place.

Exactly not to mention he is like what 8 years younger and is familiar with the system. The way they negotiated, it was apparent they had no other agenda other than screwing the Lakers. Especially considering Bell's name had never even been priorly linked to the Jazz at any point during this FA.

LA_Raiders
07-15-2010, 02:20 PM
He got more $ so we really cant blame him...

Jack Daniels
07-15-2010, 02:34 PM

My thoughts exactly when I read Burelsons comment...

The Raven
07-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Talk about being a little dick, All signs point to him signing with us but, hey if he wants to go for a ring and have zero opportunity at earning a ring then, by all means go for it

dodgerfan87
07-15-2010, 03:30 PM
at least he didn't sign with Miami! I will love to see this Kobe/Bell rivalry renewed!

New Power House
07-15-2010, 03:31 PM

He is 33 and signed for three years.So he will be 36 and then he will come to us for a ring?:facepalm: Brown,if sign, will have something to prove and improve this year. Defense,court awareness and shooting. Start now Brown!:mad:

New Power House
07-15-2010, 03:33 PM

Fisher is a Laker! Bell was just using the LAkers like many others before.:facepalm:

USMCLaker
07-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Later Bell don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Fisher is a Laker! Bell was just using the LAkers like many others before.:facepalm:

But thats irrelevant to the point that he wouldn't necessarily be too old to play for us... which is the topic I was addressing. Whether he is a Laker or not has no effect on his ability to play at the age of 36...