PDA

View Full Version : Rose talks about jumpshot.

Stunner
07-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
LAS VEGAS — Keep in mind that Derrick Rose is not the boastful type.

Now fear for NBA defenses.

"It's there; I have a consistent 3-point shot now," Rose said Wednesday night. "You'll see. I just have so much confidence in my jump shot now. It's coming along so good. It's past even my expectations at this point."
Rose arrived here a week in advance of U.S. national team practices and to support the Bulls' summer-league team, which blew out the Clippers 79-50 at Cox Pavilion.

He spent the first half sitting next to player development coach Randy Brown on the Bulls' bench and the second half sitting courtside next to new coach Tom Thibodeau. At one point, old coach — and new Clippers coach — Vinny Del Negro stopped by to say hello to both.

To hear Rose tell it, that should be some rivalry next season.

"I'm happy for him," Rose said of Del Negro. "And I'm excited about what coach Thibodeau can do. He and I have been talking a lot. A lot.

"We've talked offense, defense, what we're going to do in certain situations. He's a cool guy. People say he's not a people person but you sit and talk to him and he'll talk for two hours. So that's not accurate.

"He's a workaholic. I sometimes leave the gym at 3 and come back at 11 at night to shoot and he's still in the office, going over film. He will come down, watch me work out and tell me things to work on. He's helping me a lot."

Rose said he left free agency up to management and would have welcomed any additions. But he called the signings of Carlos Boozer and Kyle Korver and possibly J.J. Redick "perfect for our style."

"We definitely needed players like them," Rose said. "They're guys who have won and fill needs for us. I've talked to Boozer a lot. And Korver and I played on the U.S. select team. He can really shoot it.

"They're guys who don't care about themselves. They're for the team. That's what we need."

Rose has been splitting his offseason workouts between the Berto Center and Santa Monica, where he trains with Russell Westbrook and Tyreke Evans with trainer Rob McClanaghan.

That's why Rose isn't worried about burnout if he plays in the World Championships in Turkey that end three weeks before training camp.

"I'm in shape," Rose said. "But I don't think I'm a lock for the team. That's when things get taken away from you. I'm going to go play my regular way and hopefully make it."

Layups: The Bulls, who have $7 million tied into the first year of the J.J. Redick offer sheet, either will have about $5 million or $12 million off salary-cap space depending on the Magic's decision by Friday on Redick. They seek a big man and defensive wing depth with veterans such as Brad Miller, Kurt Thomas and Ronnie Brewer in play.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5243853.story

Baller1
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Westbrook's is better... :p

No, but seriously, this is for the Bulls forum.

ATX
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Rose is a baller, and will only get better.

Stunner
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
u can delete now

PC
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Until he starts doing it consistently in NBA games I'm not buying it

_KB24_
07-14-2010, 10:52 PM
I always liked his shot, nailed 14 straight 3's with him in 2K. :cool:

He will be the best PG in the league in 3 years.

Kyben36
07-14-2010, 10:57 PM
this is what I talke about when I say bulls fans are huge homers. This isnt nba news

NEILarado
07-14-2010, 10:59 PM
*cough* 6 rings *cough*

Wade>You
07-14-2010, 11:01 PM
this is what I talke about when I say bulls fans are huge homers. This isnt nba newsAgreed, Bulls forum is that way --------------------->

Stunner
07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
this is what I talke about when I say bulls fans are huge homers. This isnt nba news

LMAO sorry Kyben close thread

NYKnickFanatic
07-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Prove it.

tredigs
07-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Interesting that he's working out with 'Reke and Westbrook. As for his 3 game? We'll see about that. Not the first time I've heard a player say something like this. Coming into last season we were supposed to see the introduction of Dwight Howard's 15 foot jumper...

Until we see something tangible, this doesn't deserve a thread. Even then..

Stunner
07-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Interesting that he's working out with 'Reke and Westbrook. As for his 3 game? We'll see about that. Not the first time I've heard a player say something like this. Coming into last season we were supposed to see the introduction of Dwight Howard's 15 foot jumper...

lol he did hit a three in the All-Star game lol.

Sadds The Gr8
07-14-2010, 11:06 PM
don't the Bulls have a forum?

Stunner
07-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Serg was jus watching the thread and left lmao why didnt he close it?

tredigs
07-14-2010, 11:07 PM
lol he did hit a three in the All-Star game lol.

Hah but Rondo hit what, 14 straight vs. KD in the HORSE competition? They can all hit 'em in practice, but we gotta see if homeboy is ready to showcase this during game time.

Stunner
07-14-2010, 11:08 PM
And Rondo hit what, 14 straight vs. KD in the HORSE competition? They can all hit 'em in practice, but we gotta see if homeboy is ready to showcase this during game time.

x2 that would be a great help for us if he can do this.

mwoodri
07-14-2010, 11:15 PM
I am a Bulls fan and don't understand why you posted this in the NBA forum...

Stunner
07-14-2010, 11:18 PM
I am a Bulls fan and don't understand why you posted this in the NBA forum...

I dnt either im trying to get it closed. I deserve a :facepalm:

jackdawson
07-14-2010, 11:19 PM
I want more Rose threads on nba forum :p

Korman12
07-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Like everyone else said, show me in real games and I'll take your word.

ManRam
07-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Closing this one...