PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are falling behind with Tracy McGrady is getting a serious look from the Clipp

timebandit
07-14-2010, 09:56 PM
The Jazz have reportedly reached an agreement with free agent swingman Raja Bell.

Bell was being courted heavily by the Lakers, Spurs and Heat, but the Jazz swooped in late with a three-year, $10 million offer that turned out to be the difference. The Lakers had just $1.8 million to offer this year.
Tracy McGrady is getting a serious look from the Clippers and could be ready to join the team.

He would like to join the Heat, but the Clippers appear to be more interested now that Travis Outlaw is in New Jersey, and they could use some scoring punch off the bench.
Link http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NBA.aspx
Barnes anyone? perhaps Thomas?
If it was'nt for signing Fish we could have gotten Bell? Well since Chris Paul is on the block How about Bynum??? And sign Brown and picks!!

Raidaz4Life
07-14-2010, 09:57 PM
The Jazz have reportedly reached an agreement with free agent swingman Raja Bell.

Bell was being courted heavily by the Lakers, Spurs and Heat, but the Jazz swooped in late with a three-year, $10 million offer that turned out to be the difference. The Lakers had just $1.8 million to offer this year.
Tracy McGrady is getting a serious look from the Clippers and could be ready to join the team.

He would like to join the Heat, but the Clippers appear to be more interested now that Travis Outlaw is in New Jersey, and they could use some scoring punch off the bench.
If it was'nt for signing Fish we could have gotten Bell?

Signing Fisher had absolutely no effect on our ability to sign Bell.

Angels4Ever
07-14-2010, 10:01 PM
If money talks, Clips sign him
If rings talk, Lakers sign him

In any case, he has 4 kids, money might be an issue.

timebandit
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM

Like Sprewell said "How Can I afford to feed my kids with that" :laugh:

Angels4Ever
07-14-2010, 10:05 PM

The last time I checked, Utah has one of the best point guards in the NBA that plays a tremendous amount of minutes. It was a money issue and he got way overpaid.

enserio
07-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Well, if thats the case, then I don't mind him going to the Jazz, we just don't need to see another good player go to the Heat.

Angels4Ever
07-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Like Sprewell said "How Can I afford to feed my kids with that" :laugh:

haha no doubt

I think I would do just fine raising kids with 1.8million. The wife part is what I am worried about the most.

Tree Rollins
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM

Tracy McGrady has made hundreds of millions of dollars from contracts and endorsements in his career. If money is an issue for him, he is too f'ing ******** to play on our team anyway.

redzone11
07-14-2010, 10:16 PM
He's tweeted about joining the Lakers for a while, I think he would take any offer that we give him. The offer being given is the problem, I don't see one coming.

KillaInstinct24
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
awesome, i think ill put my money on the clippers to win it all next year

timebandit
07-14-2010, 10:29 PM
awesome, i think ill put my money on the clippers to win it all next year

:clap::clap::clap:

Kobe4Life
07-14-2010, 10:30 PM

Wait I just want to make sure I read this right "If it was'nt for signing FIsh we could have gotten Bell?

LOL Are you out of your mind? For someone with a 1000+posts wow....D-Fish's importance to us is not even in the same ..forget it i'm not going to get into it...just wow.

ldawg
07-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Well he get playing time over there Plus they got Griffen and Barron But if Lakers would stop bull shijjing they could sign someone already.

KillaInstinct24
07-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Well he get playing time over there Plus they got Griffen and Barron But if Lakers would stop bull shijjing they could sign someone already.

we dont have a lot to work with :(

still1ballin
07-14-2010, 10:41 PM
WTF, I thought Tmac wanted to win a ring. Anything can happen, Mitch needs to make a strong push NOW

KB24PG16
07-14-2010, 10:45 PM
wow miss out on bell
might miss on out tmac now

KillaInstinct24
07-14-2010, 10:47 PM
tmac wants a ring, but like i pleaded with guys on other threads, he's also a diva and honestly would like to still start, and divas dont fare well on a measly 1.8 mill a year anyway, COME ON GUYS! :rolleyes:

timebandit
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Wait I just want to make sure I read this right "If it was'nt for signing FIsh we could have gotten Bell?

LOL Are you out of your mind? For someone with a 1000+posts wow....D-Fish's importance to us is not even in the same ..forget it i'm not going to get into it...just wow.

The captain of a team says to the ref, "My coach wants to know if there is a penalty for thinking." The ref says, "No." The captain says, "Well my coach thinks you're an a**hole, then."

First it does not matter how many post I have or you lol!!! I Love some Fish but when it comes to making my team better with better D and someone who has better game huh I don't care what you think!! I'm just tired of the quick PG's blowing by are PG's.

dodgerfan87
07-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I have a strong feeling that a trade is going to happen.... we just don't have the funds to acquire much talent.

LA_Raiders
07-14-2010, 10:52 PM
TMac is done, I hope he goes to Mim so he can be a douche like LeBroom...

timebandit
07-14-2010, 10:53 PM
I have a strong feeling that a trade is going to happen.... we just don't have the funds to acquire much talent.

Dude I hope your right cause I have been longing for one!!!:)

Iceman_9
07-14-2010, 10:54 PM
cmon mitch! we need to fill up the bench.

lakersrnumber1
07-14-2010, 10:55 PM
t-mac is close to signing with miami. Time to make a trade. I rather have brown back before we pick up barnes

timebandit
07-14-2010, 11:00 PM
cmon mitch! we need to fill up the bench.

t-mac is close to signing with miami. Time to make a trade. I rather have brown back before we pick up barnes

Well since Chris Paul is on the block How about Bynum??? And sign Brown and picks!!

PGLakers
07-14-2010, 11:11 PM
The last time I checked, Utah has one of the best point guards in the NBA that plays a tremendous amount of minutes. It was a money issue and he got way overpaid.

raja bell is not a PG though?

Mr. NBA
07-14-2010, 11:41 PM
this is also not realistic at all. Tracy McGrady wants to win a championship. The Clippers are looking at Tracy seriously, HOWEVER, T-Mac isn't looking at the clippers seriously.

T-Mac's best option is just going to the Lakers because:

1. The Lakers are the only championship caliber team that's is a good lock for McGrady
2. All the other teams can offer him more, but their championship windows are not going to happen.

so the logical, only true logical choice McGrady has is the Lakers. That is, if McGrady chooses to take less money.

Burleson81
07-14-2010, 11:52 PM
I hope TMac signs with any team soon, so this thread will finally go away.

Burleson81
07-15-2010, 12:00 AM
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

RT @reallisa: Just got off phone with Clippers' Neil Olshey. Clips bringing in Tracy McGrady next week to work out for them

If the Lakers are really interested, here's their chance. He'll be in town. :rolleyes:

Kobe4Life
07-15-2010, 10:22 AM
The captain of a team says to the ref, "My coach wants to know if there is a penalty for thinking." The ref says, "No." The captain says, "Well my coach thinks you're an a**hole, then."

First it does not matter how many post I have or you lol!!! I Love some Fish but when it comes to making my team better with better D and someone who has better game huh I don't care what you think!! I'm just tired of the quick PG's blowing by are PG's.

You say your'e tired of PGs blowing by ours? Can you remind me who won the championship last year? Why fix things that aren't broken?

Lakers211221
07-15-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm tired of people getting upset with the Lakers for not getting FAs...we only have $1.8 mil that we can offer players which is nothing compared to what players can get from other teams...signing Fisher has nothing to do with how much money we have to spend since we were over the cap before free agency even began...we only had the MLE to spend and we spent all of it but $1.8 mil on Blake (which was a steal and upgraded our weakest position from last year... so I don't want to hear complaining about that). With the current roster, the Lakers are already better than last year (Adding Blake and hopefully healthy Bynum and Kobe)

Lakers211221
07-15-2010, 10:58 AM

Do you understand the CBA? Fisher's signing has nothing to do with bringing in other players since we were already over the cap!!!!! Know what you are talking about before speaking!

enserio
07-15-2010, 11:00 AM
My uncle is also one of these "I'm tired of watching other PGs blow by ours" guys. For me, it's just not that big of an issue because there are few guys who can keep up with Deron, Westbrook, CP3, etc. Nobody can run with those dudes all damn game except them. For me, its the other skills and intangibles that Fish brings to the table that make me want him back, even though I know he can't contain any of those guys.

And, guess what? They're gonna blow by Blake, too. It's all about whether he can contribute strong offensively, while getting back on defense in order to at least take up his space in the defensive scheme.

As for this thread - let's get over it. Were not getting TMac, he still thinks he's top quality and wants his cheddar. He's just not gonna get it over here, because we're short right now.

kobejordan2005
07-15-2010, 11:55 AM
T-mac would be a perfect fit for our bench to help Larmar Odom. Our bench has been the major problem the past 3 years....I wouldnt expect T-Mac to score 30 off the bench but he can at least get 10-15 a game 5 rebs and 3 to 5 asst. a game that would help Uncle Phil from giving kb24 two many minutes during the season and he will be well rested for the 2011 Playoffs. And the rest of the nba will not have a chance!!! And down for get if someone gets hurt everybody no uncle Phil likes big guards. Can you imagine T-mac Kb24 Queens Bridge and Gasol reminds me when phil had Ron Harper MJ23 Pippen Kukoch and Luke Longley and we all No the bulls went 72-10 because they had a BENCH!!! Uncle Phil use to sit MJ23 five or 6 minutes in the 4th because of that!! Please Lakers Sign T-Mac!!!

Andrew Bogus
07-15-2010, 12:12 PM
t-mac won't be here, period. he's a 6'8" version of AI.

kobejordan2005
07-15-2010, 12:34 PM

Me too! Barnes Sucks!

HouRealCoach
07-15-2010, 01:20 PM
T-Mac will be rocking Gold and Purple... Maybe Brad Miller also... Then this will be the team with no question, But with Boston getting JO, Mia getting Big Z, and Orl looking the same I say the Lakers dont have much to worry about now

CalJo1617
07-15-2010, 01:22 PM
all these washed out FAs always say they want a ring yet in reality its just a ploy to get more money from lower-tier teams.

Vinylman
07-15-2010, 01:57 PM
all these washed out FAs always say they want a ring yet in reality its just a ploy to get more money from lower-tier teams.

bingo

thats what raja bell did.... Utah blinked and raised their offer once they heard he was meeting with kobe...

the other thing people have to remember is that this years salary is likely all a player will make for the next two years if there is a lock out... thats why all the older guys are waiting... no rush to sign a vet min contract if they can end up getting offered more.

show34
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Hey we cant win a title again with what we got we need a prolific scorer like tracy it seems like the lakers almost want to be arrogant you cant win on just pride alone this is obsurd we need a new gm we are watching all the free agents get snapped up this kupchak dude is slow

Burleson81
07-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Hey we cant win a title again with what we got we need a prolific scorer like tracy it seems like the lakers almost want to be arrogant you cant win on just pride alone this is obsurd we need a new gm we are watching all the free agents get snapped up this kupchak dude is slow

IF by chance McGrady signs with Lakers, he won't even be starting. :p

LeGacy is Music
07-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Knicks and Kobe fan here Yo when he played for us his Knees were always on Ice what in the world would he be doing on the Lakers??? becoming the next Adam Morrison LMFAO :laugh:

The Raven
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM
He'd be a great addition to the team. I dont see why we havent even made an offer yet

mamba24
07-15-2010, 03:05 PM
WTF, I thought Tmac wanted to win a ring. Anything can happen, Mitch needs to make a strong push NOW

ok people... t mac who has played oh about 4 games a yr for his whole career is not a guy the lakers need... matt barnes is the guy we need. if we need to push for someone it is barnes

ironkobe
07-15-2010, 05:20 PM
wut do you guys see in matt barnes the guy is garbage thats why he cant stay on teams in always getting traded he sucks

deadman8586
07-15-2010, 06:18 PM
wut do you guys see in matt barnes the guy is garbage thats why he cant stay on teams in always getting traded he sucks

Right now both T-Mac and Barnes are both garbage and we have no room for either of them unless we trade someone to free a spot.

deadman8586
07-15-2010, 06:21 PM

And you are the king of arrogants face facts no one wants to take less money to come here, and also we have no room for them either unless we make trades which no one wants to help us. So be realistic for godd@mn sakes.

kobejordan2005
07-15-2010, 06:38 PM
IF by chance McGrady signs with Lakers, he won't even be starting. :p

It dont matter we need him to back kobe up! Last season we would always lose leads in the game when kb24 sat!!! T-mac can run the offense and get you at least 10 pts a game!! Thats better than our bench right now!!!

kobejordan2005
07-15-2010, 06:42 PM
And you are the king of arrogants face facts no one wants to take less money to come here, and also we have no room for them either unless we make trades which no one wants to help us. So be realistic for godd@mn sakes.

T-mac wants to play wit a winner!!! remember he has never made it out of the first round!!! Why not do that and get a ring!!

deadman8586
07-15-2010, 06:51 PM
It dont matter we need him to back kobe up! Last season we would always lose leads in the game when kb24 sat!!! T-mac can run the offense and get you at least 10 pts a game!! Thats better than our bench right now!!!

The bigger problem is now we have no room for him now because we will only carry 13 players. Once Brown, the two rookies sign, and we get a big then our offseason is basically over unless something happens like a trade to free a spot, we decide to for 14 or 15 players, or if Luke needs surgery on his back and is out for a long period of time we are stuck.

RidgeRaider24
07-15-2010, 07:30 PM
lakers need to get tmac, no bell and prob no barnes, need him and a center

deadman8586
07-15-2010, 07:31 PM
lakers need to get tmac, no bell and prob no barnes, need him and a center

Like I said to the other poster. The bigger problem is now we have no room for him now because we will only carry 13 players. Once Brown, the two rookies sign, and we get a big then our offseason is basically over unless something happens like a trade to free a spot, we decide to for 14 or 15 players, or if Luke needs surgery on his back and is out for a long period of time we are stuck.

kobejordan2005
07-16-2010, 04:51 PM

Right sign him and were done for the summer!!! With T-Mac you can sign Mebanga or Powell for 500,000 Do it Mitch

FakeBlackMamba
07-16-2010, 05:06 PM
LA needs to resign Shannon Brown and sign Kurt Thomas. Then they will be set for the 3 peat.

Playa4life
07-16-2010, 05:13 PM
If we get Tracy McGrady we can go head to head with HEAT!! anyline up they put on and even tho McGrady is coming from Injury his 70% is better than allot of other players 100%. He is coming from a 22 mil a yr contract, the reality is he will not settle for 1.87 mil contack that disrespect to player like mcgrady if we had cap if we offer him around 5 mil then he will play for championship. His light bill cost 1.87 mil a year lol.......... I would love to see Mcgrady in LA.......

JNA17
07-16-2010, 06:19 PM

t-mac got paid over $20 million last season, he already has the money :laugh:

myqntab
07-16-2010, 08:01 PM
If we get Tracy McGrady we can go head to head with HEAT!! anyline up they put on and even tho McGrady is coming from Injury his 70% is better than allot of other players 100%. He is coming from a 22 mil a yr contract, the reality is he will not settle for 1.87 mil contack that disrespect to player like mcgrady if we had cap if we offer him around 5 mil then he will play for championship. His light bill cost 1.87 mil a year lol.......... I would love to see Mcgrady in LA.......

if we DONT get mcgrady.....we can go head to head with the heat.....

seriously.....have a little faith in the back-to-back champions

FakeBlackMamba
07-16-2010, 08:21 PM
I just hope he doesnt go to the heat. same thing with barnes. LA needs to focus on Kurt Thomas. Plain and simple

show34
07-17-2010, 12:24 AM
I FEEL AS THOUGH WE NEED TMAC HELL DO A SIGN AND TRADE WITH MBENGA AND MORRISON OR POWELL TO NEW YORK FOR TMAC AND SOMEBODY ELSE:clap:

PGLakers
07-17-2010, 12:28 AM
lol you are going to be blassstteeddd for making this thread. goood luck.

this would get transferred to FA thread as soon as mod sees it. lol

lamar2006
07-17-2010, 12:33 AM
agree.t-mac>>>>>> brown I can only do sky high alley hoop dunks i have no creativity

show34
07-17-2010, 12:34 AM
hope it works out

rhjr06
07-17-2010, 12:34 AM
lol you are going to be blassstteeddd for making this thread. goood luck.

this would get transferred to FA thread as soon as mod sees it. lol

how many tmac threads do we need????? dude dont u read b4 u post????

PGLakers
07-17-2010, 12:39 AM
how many tmac threads do we need????? dude dont u read b4 u post????

lol i am assuming that was directed at OP and not me...

kblo247
07-17-2010, 12:43 AM
We don't need anymore T-Mac threads though.

BrewinRamLakers
07-17-2010, 03:18 AM
I HAVE yet to read one article that ever stated the Lakers were interested in tmac. That's because they aren't stupid. The Clippers can have him and he can play his annual 25 games.

whitemamba33
07-17-2010, 11:32 AM
The Lakers are falling behind for not signing a player who is in his 30's, has never played at least 80 games in a season because he is injury prone, has never won a ring, doesn't know the triangle offense, is a liability on defense, and has shot in the high 30% range for the last few seasons?

Wow, the Lakers should be all over that!

Burleson81
07-17-2010, 11:52 AM
The Lakers are waiting for Penny Hardaway before offering a deal to TMac. :p

timebandit
07-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Sorry Cut-a-check but The LOGO would have done it all by now!!! This team won last year and I bet Phil by the way he talked beleaved Cut a check was going to pull something off, when he mentioned blowouts.

Mr. NBA
07-19-2010, 11:42 AM
T-MAC deal still ALIVE....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/422083-tracy-mcgrady-lakers-celtics-battle-again-but-this-time-for-free-agent#page/1

Mitch is on the phone with his agent but so is danny ainge...

Mitch vs. Danny Ainge....FIGHT

Dirty4
07-19-2010, 11:55 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/fans-everywhere-keep-asking-about-tracy-mcgrady-gms-not-so-much.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

lakers4sho
07-19-2010, 12:08 PM
T-MAC deal still ALIVE....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/422083-tracy-mcgrady-lakers-celtics-battle-again-but-this-time-for-free-agent#page/1

Mitch is on the phone with his agent but so is danny ainge...

Mitch vs. Danny Ainge....FIGHT

Sorry to burst your bubble, but BleacherReport is not a credible source.

newt31
07-19-2010, 03:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKcvLFpa_nU&feature=related

Really nice bench piece.

Dodgers89
07-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Come on Mitch. Get it done. Last 3 pieces:

1. T-Mac
2. Kurt Thomas or Shaq
3. Jeremy Lin

deadman8586
07-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Come on Mitch. Get it done. Last 3 pieces:

1. T-Mac
2. Kurt Thomas or Shaq
3. Jeremy Lin

No on T-Mac and Shaq because I have just about enough of those two drama queens.

FakeBlackMamba
07-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Larry Hughes says he's down to Lakers, Celtics, HEAT and Bobcats...

http://twitter.com/TheRocketGuy

lakers4sho
07-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Larry Hughes...cool. Don't know what to expect from this guy. Haven't seen him play in ages.

The Raven
07-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Get on that mitch. Use the rest of what we got left

Mr. NBA
07-21-2010, 02:31 AM
it's still alive. as crazy as you might think.

Tracy McGrady to the Lakers is still a possibility.

It's definitely now down to ethier

1. T-Mac
2. Shannon Brown

now that Jeremy Lin is out of the question.

iggypop123
07-21-2010, 02:41 AM
its actually barnes not tmac who the lake show is after

djlamer
07-21-2010, 03:51 AM
i don't think we can afford barnes or tmac. it would be sick if we can get tmac for a bargain though. i think hes still got a lot left in him.
i really hate barnes though, i still remember that inbounds ball fake to the face of kobe he tried to pull. what a dick

show34
07-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Sign the man alreadt tracy mcgrady

evadatam5150
07-21-2010, 07:18 PM

If it was'nt for signing Fish we could have gotten Bell? Well since Chris Paul is on the block How about Bynum??? And sign Brown and picks!!

Stick a fork in the Lakers off season.. It's clear that Mitch doesn't have any major plans to improve this team, I think at this point it's all about adding, well, nothing.. I can't clearly see what the plan is but I'm hoping what ever he's gambling on is going to pay off.. I have to tell you though, it's tough watching other teams improve their rosters when the Lakers had obvious bench issues to take care of..

lakers4sho
07-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Stick a fork in the Lakers off season.. It's clear that Mitch doesn't have any major plans to improve this team, I think at this point it's all about adding, well, nothing.. I can't clearly see what the plan is but I'm hoping what ever he's gambling on is going to pay off.. I have to tell you though, it's tough watching other teams improve their rosters when the Lakers had obvious bench issues to take care of..

Agree.

I hoped we could've just at least signed a decent back up big. But that doesn't seem to be the case at this point.

Oh well, hopefully Caracter will be like DeJuan Blair of the Spurs in terms of effort at least.

evadatam5150
07-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Agree.

I hoped we could've just at least signed a decent back up big. But that doesn't seem to be the case at this point.

Oh well, hopefully Caracter will be like DeJuan Blair of the Spurs in terms of effort at least.

Yeah, it's a lot of expectation to put on these two guys, if they're invited to camp and if they make the team.. Personally I hope Caracter has the goods, he certainly has the size and strength.. I was just hoping the Lakers could pick up a few good tough character guys with experience. Whatever they do they need to get the starters some help cause they can't continue to log the type of minutes they did last season and expect to be fresh for the post season..

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Seriously how many mpg would Mcgrady get here?

socalpkrbkr
07-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Source: yahoo.com (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Clippers-and-Bulls-interested-in-McGrady?urn=nba-257495)

Tracy McGrady worked out for the Los Angeles Clippers yesterday and now he's got one lined up with the Chicago Bulls, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The 31-year-old will show off his stuff for Bulls brass on Monday, the paper reports, but the source says that signing the seven-time All-Star swingman is a "probably a long shot."

McGrady appeared in only 24 games last season for the New York Knicks after forcing a trade from the Houston Rockets, averaging 9.4 points in 26.1 minutes.

Nothing going on with T-Mac and the Lakers...