PDA

View Full Version : What was Steve Francis's potential?

JordansBulls
07-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Was he to be as good as Deron Williams or Chris Paul? What happened so that he fell off?

xbrackattackx
07-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Complacent

Jaji
07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Was he to be as good as Deron Williams or Chris Paul? What happened so that he fell off?

Williams and Paul are PGs. Francis just had a PG body. He was too short for the off guard and when his athletic ability went, so did his career. There will only be 1 AI.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Williams and Paul are PGs. Francis just had a PG body. He was too short for the off guard and when his athletic ability went, so did his career. There will only be 1 AI.

That's a great way to put it.. Another person that came to mind was Baron Davis, but a little shorter.

He was an underachiever that really let himself go.. Didn't seem to care all that much, as long as he made some money.

Grizzly Adams
07-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Had all the skill in the world but no will power to go anywhere with it. Only content with a few All-Star appearances and whatever money he could get.

RLundi
07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKzF1nNP7mA

prash
07-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Francis was capable of scoring 20 points a night, but not without turning it over 4 times a game in the process.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2010, 11:57 PM
ahtletic Ballhog with no fundamentals and no real pg ability not enough court vision and not good enough at passing wich welll anway he wa snever really willing to do.

Athleticism went off and so went he.

See, Marbury, Tj Ford, Allen Iverson.

Possible future for Rose, Wall, Jennings, but they are still young and may be able to learn to care bout the game.

TheWrightStuff5
07-15-2010, 12:03 AM
I never liked him. I always thought he got by with athleticism for a while then just stunk. Bad instincts and terribly unmotivated.

hugepatsfan
07-15-2010, 12:20 AM
ahtletic Ballhog with no fundamentals and no real pg ability not enough court vision and not good enough at passing wich welll anway he wa snever really willing to do.

Possible future for Rose, Wall, Jennings, but they are still young and may be able to learn to care bout the game.

I hear them coming!!! BULLS FANS!!! lol

But Rose is much better than that in terms of sharing the rock. I agree that he is a scoring PG, but he isn't a ball hog or anything. I think he might develop into a great all around PG (he doesn't have far to go). Never as good as Rondo though... :D

whitemamba33
07-15-2010, 12:21 AM
IMO he lived out his potential. He got by on his athletic ability, and once that went away he wasn't fit for the league anymore.

It happens.

_KB24_
07-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Rose reminds me SO MUCH of Francis. Their size, explosiveness, and speed are near identical. But Rose is a lot more humble and down to earth. Francis had his head up his own *** which lead to getting K'd the F out of the NBA. We will see what Francis's potential was with with what Rose will do in his career.

Hellcrooner
07-15-2010, 12:27 AM
I hear them coming!!! BULLS FANS!!! lol

But Rose is much better than that in terms of sharing the rock. I agree that he is a scoring PG, but he isn't a ball hog or anything. I think he might develop into a great all around PG (he doesn't have far to go). Never as good as Rondo though... :D

from the 3 mentioned rose is the one i think will take a step up and become a real floor general.

Jennings, im sure will end up francis way.

Wall, i stil have to see what happens.

ROndo is becoming a Monsteri in Payoton style.

Rubio will become a Jason Kidd.

zambo4president
07-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Rose might have a similar body type but he is NOTHING like Stevie Franchise. That was ridiculous crooner.

hugepatsfan
from the 3 mentioned rose is the one i think will take a step up and become a real floor general.

I think Rondo is a mix of the Glove and Kidd. My worry is that it's going to be tough to get some younger wings and bigs to play with him for the future. I hope we get some young guys for him to run with.

zambo4president
Monta Ellis is like Steve Francis

_KB24_
07-15-2010, 12:49 AM

:laugh:

marvILLous
07-15-2010, 12:49 AM

LOL wall you still have to see what happens but rubio will become a jason kidd LOL!!

not biased at all eh

TheGsw
07-15-2010, 12:51 AM
The Franchise was one of my favorites.

Hellcrooner
07-15-2010, 12:52 AM
LOL wall you still have to see what happens but rubio will become a jason kidd LOL!!

not biased at all eh

let me se ive watched wall just a bit in Summer league.

Ive watched like 70 rubio games with jouventut, barcelona and spain the last 5 years.

:rolleyes: guess i can ahve a better opinion on him?

NBA-GMaster
07-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Steve Francis was a very good PG until he went to the Knicks :cry:, his playing time was lessen by competing with stephon marbury for the starting job.. I wish Stevie Franchise went back to Houston after his career in Orlando.. He, Tmac and Yao could swept the Dallas and Utah in the 1st rd..

NBA-GMaster
07-15-2010, 01:54 AM

Rubio plays like Steve Nash..

krest213
07-15-2010, 02:18 AM
Steve was suppose to be what kobe has become.

krest213
07-15-2010, 02:18 AM

nah rubio ain't nothing more then Steve Francis. bet that

_KB24_
07-15-2010, 02:23 AM

More like Jose Cauldron.

Marlins97and03
07-15-2010, 02:24 AM
monta ellis is like steve francis

yup

Hellcrooner
07-15-2010, 02:45 AM

:facepalm:

Yeah a dude that is an astoudnigh deffender nd not so good a shooter is laike nahs,

UnWantedTheory
07-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Well we all knew Stevie Franchise had the potential to not reach his potential....

Jaji
07-15-2010, 08:48 AM

Although you're description is pretty accurate, I disagree with all of your comparisons. Marbury was a true PG. And a good one too. I think he had some mental issues more than anything. Ford? No. Horrible comparison. Ford was also a PG and he was never that athletic. I think that back injury really derailed his career. AI? Are you kidding? Iverson is a surefire HOFer. He can still put up 20 ppg. That one makes me kind of angry, comparing Steve Francis to AI? :facepalm:

Now Rose has potential to fall off but he is a PG and I don't see him moving over to the 2. Same with Wall, both those guys are floor generals. Jennings? Another bad comparison. He's not the type to jump out of the gym. He can shoot, that's how he'll hurt you. Like Iverson, Jennings can score from all over the floor. If you can do that, you can make a long career.