PDA

View Full Version : Turkoglu/Barbosa swapped.

dnewguy
07-14-2010, 05:45 PM
The Phoenix Suns today acquired forward Hedo Turkoglu from the Toronto Raptors in exchange for guard Leandro Barbosa and forward/center Dwayne Jones, the club has announced. The trade is pending the completion of physicals.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/barbosa_trade_071410.html

Good for both I guess.

Kingdre619
07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
old news really, knew this since 2 days ago, but gud post

useless tho, the suns suck without my boi STAT, but atleast they have a crack at 8th seed :)

GSW Hoops
07-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Good move for the Suns. For the Raptors, eh. They lost Bosh and Turk this offseason...back to the cellar for them.

TheWrightStuff5
07-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Are the Suns looking to make a trade? They have a logjam of PF's don't they? Clark,Frye, Warrick, Turk, and is Childress on the team too?

Raidaz4Life
07-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Hmmm I'm honestly not sure what I think about the Suns next season.

PrettyBoyJ
07-14-2010, 05:59 PM
damn Raps really lookin bad now

Melo15
07-14-2010, 06:01 PM
I can see Turk having a bounce back year with Nash

C_A_S_H
07-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

gbpackers12
07-14-2010, 06:04 PM
I like it more for the Suns.

king4day
07-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Are the Suns looking to make a trade? They have a logjam of PF's don't they? Clark,Frye, Warrick, Turk, and is Childress on the team too?

I think Clark is the odd man out if they make a trade. THey have about 12 guys I want to see get time, and only 10 will.

JPHX
07-14-2010, 06:13 PM
So basically Amare and Barbosa for Turk, Childress, Warrick and a whatever is left of the TPE(i think 5-6mil). hmm idk what to think either. What does everyone else think?

Gibby
07-14-2010, 06:18 PM
this good for the raps. Hedo has 4years/44 Million left on his contract. he had a horrible season and i dont expect a bounce back year. He complained about not having the ball enough and it wont get better since Nash will have the ball most. I heard suns want to try him at PF and that will be a disaster. he is really not uptempo player and he came into camp out of shape last year. So goodluck Phoenix, Im glad he is gone.

Barbosa aslo had a bad year but he missed alot of it due to injury. even ifhe doesnt bounce back its not a horrible contract. He just has 2years/14.7 million left.

AI4MVP
07-14-2010, 06:19 PM
I hope everyone doubts us again.

dtmagnet
07-14-2010, 06:22 PM
I hope he works out for the Suns because he sure didn't work out for us.

macc
07-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Granted Turks contract wasn't that great but at the same time people know what he's capable of. I see Raps fans are happy to shed the contract, but remember on the court is what counts, how much they make means nothing when it comes to the games. With this trade the Raptors have gotten worse talent wise.

Honestly to me, I would rather over pay for talent then not have talent to pay. Savy

sixer04fan
07-14-2010, 06:30 PM
After how much the suns used the bench successfully in the playoffs, giving the starters great rest for the final stretches of games (specifically against the Lakers)... The improved depth only strengthens this style of play.

Nirvanaskurdt
07-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I like this trade but LB will be missed.. thanks for everything LB :)

Welcome to PHX Turk n Turk!!!!!!!!!!! :D

AntwanN21
07-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Granted Turks contract wasn't that great but at the same time people know what he's capable of. I see Raps fans are happy to shed the contract, but remember on the court is what counts, how much they make means nothing when it comes to the games. With this trade the Raptors have gotten worse talent wise.

Honestly to me, I would rather over pay for talent then not have talent to pay. Savy

you obviously, didnt watch raptors games last year. The guy didn't give it his all, played with no heart, went to clubs and was lazy. This helps us not only by getting rid of his garbage contract but gets rid of a guy who doesn't want to be here and could influence our young guys the wrong way

macc
07-14-2010, 06:35 PM
you obviously, didnt watch raptors games last year. The guy didn't give it his all, played with no heart, went to clubs and was lazy. This helps us not only by getting rid of his garbage contract but gets rid of a guy who doesn't want to be here and could influence our young guys the wrong way

I think you're making it sound worse than what it was. You're talking to a Magic fan so I've watched alot more Turk than you have and I know what he's capable of. Most of us Magic fans were upset we didn't resign him.

Bottom line is you don't get better losing Hedo Turk. You guys are now in rebuilding mode so looks like you're going to lose any talent you have and hope for high draft pics come next June.

AntwanN21
07-14-2010, 06:38 PM
I think you're making it sound worse than what it was. You're talking to a Magic fan so I've watched alot more Turk than you have and I know what he's capable of. Most of us Magic fans were upset we didn't resign him.

Bottom line is you don't get better losing Hedo Turk. You guys are now in rebuilding mode so looks like you're going to lose any talent you have and hope for high draft pics come next June.

I understand, but no one expects us to be better next year. We lost Bosh and an under achieving Turk. Us raptors fans are happy because we wanted a re-build and that is essentially what we are getting. We all knew Turk may or may not be able to improve next year. As a raptor fan, it was either he plays next year and we hope for the best or shed his contract and start re tooling now that Bosh is gone. Im glad colangelo did this move, to move us in the right direction. Turkoglu despite his talent is getting older and was not a good fit on a team full of young guys that should be getting minutes. All in all i think this is a good deal for both parties if Turk can get back to his magic days.

HoopsDrive
07-14-2010, 06:42 PM
I like it for both teams. People have to look it from other standpoints... Turk was unhappy being there (a lot), and it was better to move him out asap. I see Turk having a bounce back season with Nash there although Idk how it will work out since Turk wants the ball and there's no way he gets it from Nash who's the distributor. It will be interesting though. Also, Turk's contract was disgusting... Idk how BC pulled this **** off.

As for Barbosa, couldn't be happier to see Brazilian blood up here in TO. Gonna be great cheering for him in the AC.

braveniler58
07-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Who do? He do!

artest_kobe
07-14-2010, 06:46 PM
eh...

smith&wesson
07-14-2010, 06:48 PM
hedo has a crappy atitude. a really crappy atitude. he needs a coach like SVG to be in his face all day. . if you give him his respect he turns in to a baby and makes excuses all year long.

i like phx because i love nash. i hope nash can get the best out of hedo, if any one can he will ...

but with nash being on that team hedo wont get the "ball" like he wants it. he wants to be the play maker aka point forward on any team.

PHX2daDEATH
07-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Never liked Hedo all the way back to his Sacramento days and I still don't care for him, not after what he pulled in Toronto with the night club incident and then he crys when he doesn't have the ball.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
hedo has a crappy atitude. a really crappy atitude. he needs a coach like SVG to be in his face all day. . if you give him his respect he turns in to a baby and makes excuses all year long.

i like phx because i love nash. i hope nash can get the best out of hedo, if any one can he will ...

but with nash being on that team hedo wont get the "ball" like he wants it. he wants to be the play maker aka point forward on any team.

Good points. After sitting on this for a minute and thinking about it, it really might work. Too bad for Suns fans that they lost Amare... They will likely round out the Western Conference playoff bunch along with teams like Portland and such...

zambo4president
07-14-2010, 07:14 PM
You don't always see a trade that really is good for both sides, but this one just makes sense all around.

dtmagnet
07-14-2010, 08:04 PM

We know this makes us a worse team, we're clearing space to let our young guys play and hoping for a top pick next year.

JPHX
07-15-2010, 03:15 AM
So far its a good trade for the Raptors. For Phoenix? gotta wait and see. Im just not buying into him playing the 4 spot.